Click column header to sort
Leadership and Strategic Planning- In close coordination with the Benin senior management team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH to develop a strong MoH vision and operational plan for campaign digitization and integration, including working with government staff daily to:- Scope and understand the health campaigns work and digital health capacity and activities in Benin- Implement a local sustainability plan that incorporates governance, institutional capacity, financing, and other critical considerations- Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with the Benin government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investmentsStakeholder Relationship Management- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOs working on public health campaigns and digital health in Benin in alignment with MoH priorities to:- Develop a deep understanding their motivations and challenges and- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders- Identify and work with appropriate organizations to implement aspects of campaign digitization and integration – including software customization, user testing, training, and M&E- Develop and manage sub-contracts of software developers and campaign implementors- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workProgram Management and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of one or more program teams; provide support and guidance to junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the Benin senior management team- Lead reporting for the health campaigns programs, working alongside the Benin senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholders- Other activities and responsibilities, as needed.
Coordinate national AHD stakeholders, strategy, and implementation:- Attend and engage with regional communities of practice and networks and provide technical assistance to the member countries.- Provide guidance, market intelligence, and strategic input to the MOHs on AHD.- Support national AHD stakeholder engagements through participation in and support as required to the AHD Technical Working Groups, with a particular focus on translating regional and global learnings and best practices into operational and technical guidance to accelerate the uptake of impactful diagnostic technologies and treatments.- Support MOH to coordinate across and align AHD partners, including civil society and/or community networks, to the national AHD strategy and implementation plan.- Support MOH either virtually or in person with accelerated AHD product introduction, including guideline review meetings, forecasting and quantification, and new product introduction planning.- Review countries’ AHD implementation plans and support the MOH to optimize treatment at selected hubs that decentralized screening facilities can refer patients to.- Support and participate in country-to-country learning and exchange visits on AHD.- Regularly engage in activities related to learning networks to support knowledge raising, sharing of best practices, and capacitation of MOHs.Increase demand for key AHD commodities through expanding sustainable access:- Review and support the optimization of AHD guidelines across countries, sharing best practices and recent WHO recommendations and working closely with MOH to adopt these for the local setting.- Increase awareness of AHD commodities among key decision makers and implementers, and support MOHs to ensure full access to the AHD package of care in their respective countries.- Support CD4 strategy review across countries as required, including assessing the impact of a VISITECT® CD4 Advanced Disease test and its place in countries’ AHD package of care.- Share through the latest market intelligence, to ensure country orders are aligned with procurement cycles that will help maximize the shelf life of commodities in the country.- Share and communicate with countries information about new products to support product introduction.- Support the review of countries’ supply chain data to support regional supply chain management and avoid stockouts.- [As required] Support MOHs to develop the investment case to advocate for the prioritization of AHD commodities in donor global and country budgets. Securing commitment from procurement partners will be critical to ensuring sustainable access to AHD commodities and growing demand.- Monitor country progress against program access deliverables through regular reviews.- Timeously identify risks to access, propose risk mitigation strategies/solutions, and support their execution alongside the MOHs.Coordinate demand for AHD commodities and services: - Share data and access information from counties with the CHAI team, to inform market interventions and share with partners such as the AHD Implementation Steering Committee (ISC) and ARV Procurement Working Group (APWG) to support cross-partner collaboration and service delivery efficiencies at the global level.- Gather data from across countries on AHD supply chain challenges to determine timelines, anticipate delays, and course correct as needed based on revised demand.Team and stakeholder engagement:- Establish and maintain relationships with MOHs, CHAI country teams and partners, and between the global and country teams.- Act as the CHAI AHD focal person for countries and provide updates on country activities and access updates during scheduled internal, donor, and partner engagements.- Meet routinely with MOHs to review, plan, and identify areas for support.- Establish and cultivate key external AHD stakeholder relationships.- Coordinate with other internal teams to identify, cultivate, and leverage synergies in strategy and workstreams.Knowledge sharing:- Maintain up-to-date expertise across the HIV, and specifically the AHD, space, including the latest trends, and research developments and support identification, translation, and utilization of relevant global and regional updates for country teams.- Present analyses, cross-country insights, and program lessons to external audiences.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Assist in updating M&E framework- Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks- Provide research and analytical support- Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings- Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level- Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination- Contribute to donor reports- Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Ministries of Health, Ministries of Finance, PPP commissions, CHAI country teams, and in-country and global partners on the value proposition of expanding access to diagnostic testing and utilizing private sector capacity to strengthen diagnostic systems.- Provide day-to-day thought partnership and technical guidance to country teams.- Develop comprehensive assessment of the national laboratory and imaging systems in project countries, and design attractive investment case for improving country diagnostics.- Act as the focal person for specific project countries and manage the relationship between the Global Diagnostics Team (GDT) and CHAI Country Teams.- Support countries in determining the structure and scope of PPP agreements that address their diagnostics challenges and strengthen their diagnostic capacity.- Lead the development of key deliverables summarizing the analysis of country diagnostic systems.- Ensure rigorous and timely response to all requests from the project leadership team and external / donor partners.- Provide evidence-based advice to countries to inform the development of PPP agreements.- Collaborate with other CHAI teams to conduct the necessary feasibility studies, financial modelling, and economic analysis for the approved project scope.- Work with CHAI country teams to assist Ministries of Health in determining evaluation criteria for PPP bids and metrics to assess potential partners.- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support to address these issues from GDT and other CHAI Global Teams.- Work with CHAI country teams and Ministries of Health to define the specific key performance indicators for the PPP projects, and develop the system for monitoring/managing performance of the contracted private sector partner(s).- Work closely with country teams to develop compendium of lessons learned and other evaluative evidence of the program which can inform policy decisions.- Support country offices to develop key communication materials summarizing progress and key achievements of PPP arrangements in-country.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Rôle et responsabilitésCHAI recherche un stagiaire qui travaillera sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet COVID-19 et renforcement du système de laboratoire. Le stagiaire apportera un appui technique à la Direction des laboratoires du ministère de la Santé et de l'Hygiène publique (MSHP) pour au moins un des 3 sujets suivants:- Réviser les normes sur les tests essentiels pour les établissements de soins de santé primaire, par type de structures sanitaires ; - Développer et tester un système intégré de gestion des stocks de réactifs et consommables de laboratoire ;- Développer le paquet de formation sur la gestion intégrée des stocks; De plus, le stagiaire devra aider à : - Rédiger des rapports sur l'évolution des activités ;- Assister le coordinateur du projet dans le développement de futurs projets de renforcement du système de laboratoire, si nécessaire ; - Autres tâches potentielles assignées par le superviseur.Pour mener à bien ses missions, le stagiaire sera baséà Ouagadougou et interagira sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet avec certaines structures du MSHP telles que la Direction Générale de l'Approvisionnement Pharmaceutique (DGAP), la Direction des Laboratoires Biomédicaux (DLBM), les directions régionales de la santé, les districts sanitaires et les prestataires des formations sanitaires périphériques. Le stage est d'une durée de 3 à 6 mois. Role and ResponsibilitiesCHAI is seeking a volunteer to work under the supervision of the COVID-19 and Laboratory System Strengthening Project Coordinator. The volunteer will provide technical support to the Laboratory Directorate of the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene (MSHP), for at least one of the following 3 topics:- Revise standards on essential tests for primary health care facilities by type of health facility; - Develop and test an integrated inventory management system for laboratory reagents and consumables;- Develop the integrated inventory management training package;In addition, the intern will assist in:- Write reports on the progress of activities- Assist the project coordinator in the development of future projects to strengthen the laboratory system, if necessary; - Other potential tasks as assigned by the supervisor.To complete his/her responsibilities, the volunteer will be based in Ouagadougou and will interact under the supervision of the Project Coordinator with some MSHP structures such as the Directorate General of Pharmaceutical Supply (DGAP), the Directorate of Biomedical Laboratories (DLBM), the regional health directorates, the health districts and the providers at peripheral health facilities. The volunteer position is between 3-6 months.
Scoping and Strategic Leadership (20%)- Lead scoping activities on digital transformation for public health in Burkina Faso. Work closely with CHAI teams, governments, and external organizations to identify and document challenges, use cases, and existing efforts around digital health strategies, foundational systems and applications, standards and policies, infrastructure, and workforce strengthening.- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the MOH, being a day-to-day strategic and operational partner for them, and working with them on a more coordinated and effective digital health environment.- Refine, document, and guide CHAI’s approach to working with governments on digital transformation- Support the development of Burkina strategies, roadmaps, and costed workplans for digital health. Work with CHAI teams and governments to cost strategies, identify and prioritize resource gaps, and develop new funding proposals with and for national governments.Implementation and maintenance of digital solutions (50%)- Scope and advise on systems and processes for device management, user support, geo-registries, and other foundational systems for health programs.- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with government programs, end users and CHAI staff, co-designing solutions with users where applicable.- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met.- Work with MOH on operational, technical, and financial sustainability of all systems from the beginning, ensuring a strong transition and institutionalization of systems.- Support technical set up and configuration, user testing, training, supervision, monitoring, issue escalation, and transition of systems.- Develop manuals, SOPs, and training materials to support implementation; help train country and MOH program staff in the use of information technology.- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within MOHs by supporting CHAI country teams to monitor and strengthen the quality of data inputs, refine analytical outputs, and develop context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by MOH programs.Technical Support (20%)- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based). Update and thoroughly test tool set ups, including updates to users, organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users.- Provide ad-hoc support to teams, particularly with data management and visualization.Knowledge Management (10%)- Ensure up-to-date documentation is in place to support roll out and maintenance of digital products.- Develop resources, guidelines, and other material to guide and share lessons across teams.- Document lessons learned on technical products for CHAI-wide or global sharing.
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
Strategy development and resource mobilization- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT strategy.- Develop innovative concepts and proactively identify opportunities to raise funds to execute against CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV strategy and goals.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s pediatric HIV agenda.Management of the pediatric program portfolio- Translate CHAI’s overall strategy and vision into concrete deliverables and design programs that are set up to demonstrate improvements in pediatric outcomes.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of pediatric HIV topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve and refine CHAI’s approach as required.- Engage with CHAI country leadership and program teams to align on approaches, problem solve, provide technical and analytical support, track progress, and ensure pediatric HIV continues to be prioritized.- Ensure that we put affected communities – in this case, children and adolescents living with HIV – at the center of all we do, through meaningful community engagement and partnership.Donor & grant management- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with donors on pediatric-focused grants.- Ensure execution against grant priorities, targets, and deliverables.Team & People Management- Build a motivated, results-driven and dedicated team of strategic thinkers who can work across the matrix to ensure outcomes for children living with HIV improve in program countries.- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Collaboration with internal stakeholders- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on pediatric and adolescent focused projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Stay up-to-date on developments across relevant CHAI programs to identify synergies and opportunities where CHAI can magnify impact.Collaboration with global pediatric partners- Manage and build strong relationships with the broad ecosystem of global pediatric partners to identify gaps, design approaches, implement strategies, monitor impact, and continuously improve the strategic programmatic agenda of CHAI’s pediatric response.- Make positive and useful contributions to the overall pediatric HIV landscape and continue to cement CHAI’s role as an important partner in the pediatric space across diagnosis and treatment.- Represent CHAI in international fora on pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT.
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen related equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders through equipment management life cycle including but not limited to system planning, technology selection, specification development, safety and operational risk assessments, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs to guide the optimal installation, testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of equipment.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements and support quality review in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide technical advisory and evidence-based recommendations to Ministries of Health to inform oxygen system investments.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, conducting industry research, and synthesizing findings to guide strategic decisions.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to a broader team.- Develop knowledge documentations (Thought pieces, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Supporting the development of tools for equipment monitoring and asset management- Other responsibilities as requested.