Click column header to sort
- Implement analytical projects related to disease (malaria and NTD) epidemiology, intervention and surveillance, as required;- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms;- Support the rollout and monitoring the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms for improved data collection, reporting, data management, automated analysis and data visualization e.g. using dashboards- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within disease programs by strengthening usage and analysis of surveillance data by the malaria program and the quality of data- Review and provide feedback on relevant disease programs documents including but not limited to surveillance guidelines and SOPs, M&E plans, lessons learned documents and operational manuals- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology;- Organizing and merging available data, assessing its quality and suitability for analysis and conducting statistical analyses; (regressions, time series and other relevant methods);- Analyzing geographic and remote sensing data with GIS software, including descriptive and predictive mapping of malaria burden and intervention coverage;- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities such monitoring and evaluation of existing activities, study implementation and all data cleaning, management and analysis tasks;- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making;- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications internally and externally at international venues;- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with country teams, key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions, with support from TA;- Any other tasks identified.
Le chargé(e) de programme devra:- Servir de conseiller de confiance et de partenaire de réflexion pour le PNLP et d'autres départements ministériels, le cas échéant, sur des questions liées à l'analyse et à la surveillance des programmes de lutte contre le paludisme.- Soutenir le PNLP et d'autres départements ministériels (DSIS et DSS) dans le renforcement des systèmes d'information et de surveillance des maladies (y compris la mise en œuvre de nouvelles plateformes de surveillance) afin d'améliorer la collecte, la gestion, l'analyse et la visualisation des données.- Contrôler et évaluer les performances des plateformes de surveillance existantes et nouvelles, telles que le dépôt de données sur le paludisme et les registres géospatiaux connexes, comme le registre des agents de santé communautaires, le registre principal des établissements de santé, etc.- Aider le PNLP à préparer les réunions périodiques de revues des données en soutenant l'extraction et l'analyse des données et en traduisant les résultats en connaissances programmatiques par des présentations et des rapports de haute qualité pour une prise de décision fondée sur des preuves.- Synthétiser et communiquer les résultats en interne et en externe, selon les besoins.- Organiser et fusionner les données disponibles pour les principales interventions de lutte contre le paludisme telles que les campagnes (campagnes de chimio-prévention du paludisme saisonnier et de distribution de moustiquaires), l'introduction et le déploiement du vaccin contre le paludisme, etc., en évaluant leur qualité et leur pertinence pour l'analyse et en effectuant des analyses statistiques (régressions, séries chronologiques et autres méthodes pertinentes).- Identifier les principaux obstacles à la bonne exécution des plans du programme de lutte contre le paludisme et collaborer avec les programmes de lutte contre le paludisme et d'autres partenaires pour élaborer des solutions permettant d'éliminer rapidement ces goulots d'étranglement.- Développer et maintenir de manière proactive de solides relations de travail avec les principales parties prenantes au sein du gouvernement et des organisations non gouvernementales.- Documenter et développer les ressources et les meilleures pratiques pour partager les leçons entre les équipes, et synthétiser et diffuser les résultats par le biais de présentations, de rapports et de publications de haute qualité.- Toute autre tâche identifiée.
- Plan and attend team meetings including assisting in the arrangements of hotels, tracking related expenses and agendas for team meetings; coordinate planning and execution of in-person CHAI-wide workforce summit with participants from 10+ countries- Manage team management and communication platforms including Microsoft Teams and Asana; and compile and send weekly team newsletter including updates on team processes, reminders, and relevant literature- Coordinate quarterly team goal setting and key result definition, including monthly updates and progress tracking- Coordinate semi-annual professional development self-assessments and action plan development- Continuously refresh team norms documentation and create forum for discussion and reminders- Develop, edit, and format reports, work plans, budgets, correspondence, and technical materials such as: health workforce overview deck, CHAI-wide health workforce strategy; and health workforce investment case- Oversee knowledge management of team and organization-wide workforce resources in Box cloud- Establish internal CHAI community of practice for health workforce using Microsoft Teams channel and manage communication agenda; coordinate periodic engagements such as CHAI-wide webinars on health workforce technical content, sharing of resources and literature, and reminders about upcoming events and opportunities- Coordinate team activities to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion including engagement of external consultants for trainings, collation of resources, and workplan follow up- Serve as secretariat for team wellness committee including developing and overseeing team bonding activities- Track resource mobilization opportunities in online databases and coordinate knowledge management in Asana and Box cloud on scoping and engagement of different funders; scope funders including smaller foundations for potential partnerships; contribute writing and editing to funding proposal development- Coordinate team administration such as completion of mandatory trainings, carbon emissions tracking, and monthly call agendas and follow-ups- Support on-boarding and orientation of new staff- Produce research briefs on topics such as teaching hospital governance models and best practices, and academic scheduling software- Other duties as assigned
The Oxygen Scientist is a member of the Oxygen program team of the CHAI-DRC, responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating all program activities. Theywill report directly to the Associate Director, Diagnostics and Supply Chain. This role requires strong technical, managerial, communication, and organizational skills. The Oxygen Scientist will be based in Kinshasa, with the following specific responsibilities:- Collaborate with CHAI DRC team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal.- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain, infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment and equipment maintenance, including supporting the development of job aids, and training materials.- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for oxygen interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed.- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the current program, leveraging current analysis to drive action, as well as assisting with the development of sustainable M&E frameworks and tools for the Ministry of Health to see and manage data over the long term.- Support the Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings.- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise.- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19.- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership.- Provide technical support to MoH in developing a strategic oxygen roadmap to expand access to oxygen beyond COVID-19 to cover treatment access to other SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection).- Lead the installation and effective management of PSA in different provinces.- Lead the introduction and implementation of medical liquid oxygen in DRC.- Other relevant tasks as requested.
- Develop knowledge management system for capturing industry best practices and lessons learned across CHAI focus countries- Develop and provide routine updates to teams via the Essential Medicines listserv including latest global EM developments, relevant literature, and CHAI country team progress/achievements- Support effective communications across teams- Manage team information systems- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize information to inform team’s decision on new strategic priorities- Plan program events, including both logistics and content- Support data cleaning and management or organization of data and files- Write, edit, and format reports and proposals- Organize and compile documentation of program activities- Support administrative tasks for grant compliance as necessary, such as time sheets- Maintain calendar of donor reporting and manage/coordinate inputs across teams for assembling donor reports- Other responsibilities as needed
- Contribute to the strategic technical vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation update.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs to support evidence-based decisions across various technical areas (e.g., vector control, case management, surveillance, finance), including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and regional academic institutions working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Provide technical supervision, mentorship and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide day-to-day program management support to the provincial and municipal health authorities working with malaria supervisors and focal points in different technical areas, such as surveillance, vector control, case management and finance- Serve as a trusted advisor to the NMCP provincial and municipal health authorities regarding their malaria control activities- Conduct provincial level assessments to help make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Work with CHAI's fellow country associate, technical teams, and regional manager to identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions- Support implementation and improvement of the malaria surveillance system in Southern Angola, including coordinating provincial and municipal activities such as data review meetings, and data quality assessments- Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyse data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government and partner organizations in the provinces to ensure coordination- Collaborate with the CHAI-Namibia team on the development and implementation of cross-border collaboration initiatives- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%)
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Provide technical and analytical support to the client, in line with CHAI’s TB Access strategy- Collect and analyse country level clinical and procurement data for treatment and diagnostic commodities to support programmatic decision making- Support in the preparation of strategic documents to inform programmatic interventions- Present analytical findings to internal and external partners in a professional manner- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and routine reports are produced and delivered on time to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and donors- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key governmental stakeholders as well as other non-governmental partners to facilitate effective collaboration- Develop thorough understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical landscape within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges and gaps in order to inform program development- Perform other duties as assigned
Project management and coordination- Lead and drive the success of the initiative working collaboratively and coordinating with internal CHAI teams and external partners - Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project - Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved - Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levelsProblem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements - Support formulation of sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersTeam management and communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities - Working closely with the regional managers, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries - Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams. - Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materials- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countriesDonor financial reporting and communications- Contribute to development of project and financial donor reports, including supporting coordination of regular donor updates, soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities - Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables - Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications.
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships. - Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor