Click column header to sort
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Support the design and implementation of in-country market assessments and in-country market shaping plans in 5 focus countries, including the development/alignment of market assessment tools for use in these countries. These assessments should cover both public and private supply chains, including an understanding of mark-ups at various levels of these supply chains.- Support effective implementation of the market shaping plans and provide technical support as needed to CHAI country teams in order to assist their alignment with global objectives of the NCD program.- Develop an understanding of global and local market dynamics and market shaping priorities for key NCD commodities (antihypertensive and antidiabetic medication, insulin, glucose monitoring devices and consumables, insulin syringes/pens and other commodities) in low- and middle-income markets (LMICs).- Generate analyses that strengthen the business case for enhanced affordability and availability of these commodities in LMICs, such as demand forecasts, uptake scenarios and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies- Support the design and implementation of supplier engagement strategies- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners and ensure alignment with partner programs and research, where possible.- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and new projects, and support documentation and reporting requirements on existing programs.- Any other duties as required- Preference for this role to be based in sub-Saharan Africa in a CHAI country office. 25-30% international travel time would be required once situation allows
In partnership with and at the request of the Ministry of Health, working together with and supported by the EOC & Oxygen Team, the Associate will provide the targeted support in strengthen coordination in following areas:- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee to strengthen the collaboration between key internal and external logistics stakeholders to avoid and eliminate possible duplication of commodity support.- Maintain the COVID-19 Logistics Estimation and Modeling Tool in response to the emerging epidemiological situation by collaborating with the key departments/centers/hospitals. This Excel-based tool provides minimum and maximum stock quantity estimations for critical commodity requirements at central, provincial, and district warehouses and health facilities. This tool also enables the continuous tracking of pledges and good received and distribution requirements based on needs.- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee and key departments and centers in ensuring commodity needs and gaps are clear, and to coordinate donor support, including the process of coordinating, maintaining, regularly updating, and sharing the COVID-19 logistic master lists to both internal and external stakeholders.- Support Development Partner and MOH Coordination, including the development of monthly stock status and need updates and supporting coordination as needed between the committee and donors/stakeholders.- Update the stock monitoring and distribution planning processes based on the 2021-2022 COVID-19 logistic estimates, including support for COVID-19 vaccine distribution, by strengthening command and coordination between central and sub-national COVID-19 logistic committee on stock availability at the sub-national level.- Support sub-national visibility into COVID-19 equipment and supplies by mapping the central and sub-national COVID-19 item distribution processes and stakeholders and identifying improvements. Ensuring information is available for critical stakeholders and feeds into the existing coordination mechanism to avoid duplication and to rapidly address gaps in essential commodities.- Othre responsibilities as needed.Deliverables 2021L- Develop and regularly maintain a live version of the COVID-19 logistic gaps and needs, accessible to internal and external stakeholders- Develop the short-term process and central tool for tracking/monitoring the laboratory products received and distributed in alignment with the defined national gaps and needs, since laboratory items are tracked separately by NCLE and haven’t been integrated into the national LMIS system (mSupply)- Technical report summarizing 2021 progress and challenges
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, LST has worked in over 15 countries to support countries’ national Covid-19 response. This has included market shaping efforts at the global level to ensure that low-and-middle income countries get access to an equitable supply of high-quality diagnostic tests for Covid-19 at affordable prices, as well as support on-the-ground in countries to ensure readiness for Covid-19 testing, through the development of robust testing strategies, introduction and roll-out of novel products such as antigen tests, strengthening of data management and connectivity systems, etc. Given the impending rollout of vaccines across countries, LST is moving into a new phase of its work on Covid-19. The focus will remain on further strengthening Covid-19 testing systems that have been introduced over the past few months, while at the same time ensuring that testing and vaccination strategies in countries work in tandem for a strong and holistic Covid-19 response. To support this work, we are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical capabilities, problem-solving skills, and communication abilities.This Associate will be responsible to:• Work with teams in Nigeria, Uganda, Ethiopia and Kenya to identify and operationalize linkages between countries’ Covid-19 testing and vaccination strategies• Leverage early learnings from the four countries to inform the development of global guidance on how low-and-middle income countries can use testing data to inform their vaccine roll-outs• Support country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements and supply chain management, etc• Support CHAI’s supply-side engagement on Covid-19 diagnostics• Lead preparations of presentations, reports and other analyses to inform global and country-level discussions on Covid-19 testing• Up to 50% international travel could be required once situation allows• Other responsibilities could be assigned, as needed
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal;- Provide technical support to MoH in developing a strategic oxygen roadmap to expand access to oxygen beyond COVID-19 to cover treatment access to other SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection);- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain, infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment and equipment maintenance, including supporting the development of job aids, and training materials;- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for oxygen interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed;- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the current program, leveraging current analysis to drive action, as well as assisting with the development of sustainable M&E frameworks and tools for the Ministry of Health to see and manage data over the long term;- Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings;- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise;- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19;- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership;- Other relevant tasks as requested.
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key government partners (at the state and district level), developmental partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Support program team in areas of capacity building, demand generation, device deployment, and operational rollout of program.- Support in design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Support Program Manager in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with and engaging with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation of activities, and monitor and review outputs.- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the CHAI state, country, and global teams.
- Support MoH on drugs & diagnostics related work streams (e.g., data-management, forecasting, new product introduction etc.)- Support MoH in drafting implementation plans and provide support related to costing strategic plans, assisting with surveys, etc.- Assist with the creation of operational systems to support interventions planned by MoH to achieve the elimination of mother to child transmission (EMTCT) of HIV and Syphilis by 2020 objective. This would include:- Developing a dashboard to map HIV and Syphilis testing landscape for Pregnant Women (PW)- Increasing access to HIV Syphilis Dual RDT test to improving testing coverage rates- Ensuring strong linkage between from between testing and treatment centers- Increasing sustainable access to Benzathine Penicillin G (BPG) for treatment of Syphilis- Supporting development of algorithms, guidelines, strategic & operational planning documents, costing models etc. to support roll out of the interventions- Build capacity on forecasting and quantification of drugs and diagnostic commodities in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste and minimize costs- Support MoH in the development and maintenance of high quality data management systems; Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of Syphilis testing and treatment- Liaise with CHAI's global teams regarding information about new diagnostic technologies and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new diagnostics products as they become available- Disseminate information from CHAI and other sources on supply dynamics and access-to-drugs & diagnostics issues- Assist with budget and scenario analysis at the request of the MoH; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with the MoH and/or partners- Provide assistance to the Manager for budgeting, forecasting, supply chain management, and overall health systems strengthening- Assist the team to build strong relationships with government representatives, suppliers and other key opinion leaders and partners- Provide operational support to the Manager to develop, plan, and implement multiple activities simultaneously- Develop work plans and budgetary projections for the program
Vector Control – Commodity Forecasting- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and sometimes lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetingsQuality in Vector Control Products- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publicationsNew and Pipeline Vector Control Products- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive interventionCross-Cutting- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
- Support CHAI country teams to catalyze in-country implementation to align with broader grant goals, including day-to-day analytical support.- Support use of evidence among CHAI teams to inform strategic decision-making and identify gaps in policy and implementation to create effective and sustainable combination HIV prevention response.- Structure and drive key quantitative and qualitative analyses around major programmatic issues such as target setting, demand generation, resource mapping and support presentation development on key findings.- Support development of clear presentations for country and global teams to share analysis, findings and recommendations on ongoing work streams.- Support maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Undertake primary and secondary research and synthesize knowledge to deliver data-driven insights to inform approaches and strategies to support HIV program transition and sustainability in the focus countries as needed.- Support generation of cross-country analysis, learnings and the development of processes and tools to facilitate knowledge sharing and dissemination with country, regional and global stakeholders.- Collaborate with CHAI teams to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identifying the most critical hurdles, and develop innovative strategies to address them.- Be involved in various aspects of program operations including monitoring & evaluation, donor reporting, and planning & logistics.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to implement the program’s operational plans- Work closely, on a regular basis with RBC to prepare and implement the VH elimination plan and prepare for the elimination validation based on the WHO guidance- Support the Hepatitis Program in the development, implementation and coordination of trainings, mentorship, conferences and meetings- Support the monitoring of activities through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits- Contribute to evidence generation activities by developing and implementing study protocols- Work closely with the Hepatitis unit to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to active case finding and linkage to care in order to close the loop in Hepatitis management- Support Program Manager in donor, grant, and finance management of the program, if need be- Contribute to the elaboration and implementation of an integration and sustainability plan of Hepatitis services- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the Program Manager
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Sensitize and create demand for support on data analytics and data use for decision making, working with SHA partners to articulate this need and providing continuity so that best practices and skills are shared and institutionalized within government.- Support use of evidence to identify gaps in policy and implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages to create an effective health insurance program. - Build capacity within SHA for evidence-based management, including through day to day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings on various aspects of the health reforms.- Support analysis of program data to monitor performance, identify key challenges/bottlenecks and provide solutions- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to support effective programmatic decision making- Support coordination and knowledge sharing on key reforms between states as well as between the centre and state governments on a continuous basis- Develop and disseminate policy briefs and other knowledge products, in collaboration with government partners- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc- Provide strategic insights at technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Other responsibilities as needed