Click column header to sort
Donor Management and reporting- Lead donor reporting processes, including producing donor reports and ensuring donor-readiness of key project deliverables and ad hoc analyses - Facilitate effective donor engagement, including via monthly global teams calls and bimonthly calls for both Zambia and Zimbabwe country teams, including development of engaging and product agendas, preparation of robust materials, comprehensive notetaking, and rapid follow up on agreed action items- Establish and implement monitoring systems to closely track progress against country and global team workplans, project activities, targets, risks, and milestones- Work closely with country teams and the global team Country Support Manager to maintain accurate and up to date program information- Along with the CSM, ensure country team grant deliverables are completed timeously and are of high quality, including for routine donor engagements Knowledge Management- Along with the Knowledge Management Senior Associate, identify opportunities to facilitate cross-grant and intra-organization sharing of lessons and best practices- In close collaboration with the Knowledge Management Senior Associate, continually improve upon the communications plan for the program’s grants, and support execution- Identify topics and lessons on HIV prevention program transition, integration, and sustainability for dissemination and collaborate with Knowledge Management Senior Associate to structure and review dissemination materials for regional and global audiences Team engagement and technical assistance- Support the Associate Director in fostering a collaborative, supportive, and engaging team environmen- Maintain up to date expertise across the HIV prevention space including latest trends, research developments and support identification, translation, and utilization of relevant global and regional updates for country teamsOther responsibilities as needed.
- Work together with the CHAI Country Management Team to further refine CHAI’s overall strategy within the program area that are aligned with the Ministry of Health goals- Develop clear operational plans for execution and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Support development and maintenance of high-quality data management systems; compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, training materials, reports and other materials to ensure effective program execution- Help cultivate a culture of data-use by strengthening usage and analysis of data by the government and the quality of data inputs- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Work together with the MOH teams at the National HIV and TB programs and CHAI global teams on executing project strategy, including supporting:- Development of roll-out plans for optimal products, development of training materials, work plans, budgets, and other program materials to support the uptake of optimal products- Quantification of commodity needs and creation of procurement plans- Scale-up of the MOH Integrated Supply Chain strategy, including the development of an integrated distribution plan for TB and HIV products- Strengthening or development of monitoring tools and management dashboards to ensure data is utilized for strategic decision making and planning- Ensuring planning and resources are targeted towards addressing programmatic gaps- Supporting the programs with ongoing planning from donor transition- Skills transfer and government ownership- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Senior Program Manager or Country Director
As a representative of the Clinton Health Access Initiative in South Africa, the Country Director will: - Define the overall country strategy, develop clear operational plans, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Serve on and report to the CHAI-SA Board as directed by the Board- Work alongside the National Department of Health (NDOH) to develop and implement CHAI’s engagement, in cooperation with the South African government- Maintain a thorough understanding of the national and provincial level health system’s priorities and gaps, and ensure effective implementation and long-term sustainability of CHAI South Africa’s program areas (including, but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, Vaccines, Health Financing, Assistive Technology, Maternal Newborn Health, and COVID-19)- Provide high-quality technical assistance to the government as needed- Facilitate communication and coordination between government, partners, donors, and other key stakeholders- Lead and support fundraising efforts, including new program development and relationship management with existing and potential donors- Build cohesive, effective, and high-performing teams around new and existing programs- Provide leadership, support and strategic direction to senior management and Program Managers in planning and executing programmatic initiatives- Oversee the country program’s financial management, including development of program budgets, monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning - Oversee internal and donor reporting.- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication and information flow with central operations teams
Strategy Development- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for global tuberculosis and country level TB programs, including supporting the development of the vision and priorities for workstreams, and overseeing the development of clear strategic and operational plans for program execution.- As a member of the leadership and management team for GTB, contribute to the strategy development for TB programs by sharing best practices and lessons learned from global and country programs, as appropriate.Program Management- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money.- Oversee execution of program performance of global TB grants against donor, grant, and internal budgets, deliverables, and timelines.- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting, and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation.- Support the development and conceptualization of high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Provide technical guidance and support for global and country-specific TB programs and guide teams to resolve issues and mitigate risks; and support problem resolution where needed to ensure implementation progress and overall delivery of grant commitments.- Manage and build relationships with various external partners, including UN organizations, donors, implementing partners, technical partners, and suppliers, develop partner engagement strategy, and oversee partner engagement by staff members.- Work with technical staff to identify opportunities for evidence generation, and plan and execute evidence generation activities to inform international and national policy related to TB programmatic priorities.- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI global teams and country teams working across the organizational matrix to ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Engage with country team leadership and TB program managers to assist with the development of the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy, and supervise the implementation and execution at country level.- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to country government counterparts, global INGOs, and multi-lateral/bi-lateral organizations on a variety of TB market access issues.- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.Human Resources Management- Oversee overall staffing strategy, including direct people management responsibilities for recruitment, compensation, promotion decisions, and employee performance to ensure that team is objectively evaluated.- Directly line manage 1-3 GTB team members (at the manager and country support associate levels), including providing regular and ongoing technical support and performance management.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of the global tuberculosis program.New Program Development- In partnership with Senior Director, set fundraising goals, identify, and develop fundraising opportunities.- Identify potential opportunities to leverage donor and private sector resources.- Support fundraising, including proposal development, for new opportunities where appropriate.- Engage in regular cross-team global team meetings to ensure that TB is appropriately integrated into overall program planning and implementation for new business development opportunities, where appropriate.Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
Product Management- Undertake requirements gathering for project MIS after consultation with all relevant internal and external stakeholders- Monitor and support development and maintenance of project MIS- Provide technical expertise, working closely with internal teams to translate organizational direction into systems and processes- Review Business Requirement Document and Technical Design documents developed by vendor and provide feedback- Liaise with technology vendors for system upgrades and enhancement to achieve business goals effectively- Monitor change in technology and regulations related to information capture and processing and voice and data transmission; evaluate their impact upon program activities and provide for the development and implementation of required policy and operational modificationsStakeholder Management- Coordinate with public stakeholders and other organizational entities for feedback and coordinationProgram Management- Understand reporting requirements and work with vendor to develop appropriate dashboards and reports at required frequency- Develop appropriate metrics and define business rules for reports- Negotiate and direct the administration of contracts for the provision of information and technology service- Administer all centralized information services functions and activities; oversee technology coordination with operation teams- Direct and participate in strategic and tactical planning to ensure proper data management and streamline information systems- Train and educate partners on data collection tools and equipment- Facilitate regular trainings of project staff in coordination with Training Coordinator
- Support the State Engagement Lead and the DoHFW in developing program implementation strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for oxygen access and health systems strengthening.- Undertake extensive research and develop an in-depth understanding of oxygen needs and landscape i.e., oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users, and intermediaries; to inform program strategy and implementation at the state level.- Develop clear activity plans, in line with the program strategy, and support implementation of initiatives / activities at program sites.- Engage with and support WJCF program team, including field staff; and divisional and district-level health staff, for accomplishment of program goals.- Monitor and support the State Engagement Lead and government stakeholders in identifying and bridging gaps in supply chain.- Generate insights on issues related to quality, composition, supply, and administration of medical oxygen and suggest corrective actions.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights. Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.- Support monitoring of activities, milestones, and outcomes; including tracking key outcome/impact indicators (as defined in the program logframe), tracking of key implementation activities, etc.; and identify, communicate, and recommend interventions where needed.- Support development of collaborative relationships with government stakeholders, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Support development of compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as progress narratives, update notes, research articles, etc.- Support in the planning and execution of capacity building initiatives for key government functionaries and service providers on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for oxygen access and health systems strengthening.- Build, execute, and monitor work plans based on goals and guidance from state government and WJCF leadership and support state DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.- Closely monitor execution of workplan, work with the team on problem solving and engage with the leadership to underline risks, solve for challenges and/or build on opportunities.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Establish and manage collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Support development of strategies to improve access to medical oxygen and implementation at the state, and facility levels based on in-depth understanding of oxygen needs and landscape i.e., oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users, and intermediaries.- Under the aegis of the program leadership, provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences, as a senior level representative.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Build program(s) by continually developing capacity and skills of staff on the Essential Medicines and Oxygen Access program and other programs initiated / implemented in the state. The SEL will collaborate with and support the WJCF leadership and Human Resources team in defining resource requirement, identifying talent, anchoring recruitment, and supporting professional development needs at the state level.- Travel extensively within the state to support program implementation, and need based travel within India.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
Strategic and technical support to program implementation:- Cultivate and demonstrate deep understanding of country strategic priorities and execution plans including national plans and internal CHAI program plans- Maintain knowledge of CHAI’s global market shaping initiatives across products relevant to focal countries to facilitate linkages to country market shaping and product introduction and scale up- Maintain visibility and in-depth understanding of COF projects implemented by CHAI and non-CHAI stakeholders in focal countries in order to advise on coherence with country introduction strategies and support linkages across national strategy and plans- Provide programmatic support for the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with country teams- Provide day-to-day thought partnership, technical support, and bandwidth across country programs, including but not limited to forecasting, supply chain strengthening, service delivery, and product introduction- Design and develop high quality deliverables to support the scale-up of country programs, including presentations, concept notes, tools, and models- Support collaborative monitoring/review against workplans and logframes in partnership with country teams. Utilize and analyze programmatic data to support the monitoring of program progress against milestones, and identify and mitigate risks to achieving program and grant goals- Conduct cost and impact modeling of various program approaches to inform decision-making- Partner with teams to map resources back to product introduction plans. Execute gap analyses and regularly monitor and communicate on funding gaps to both country and global stakeholders- Work closely with country teams to improve quantification and forecasting efforts, monitor SRH commodity stock levels, and work with in-country partners, global procurers and donors to address identified risks of stock imbalances- Work with teams to develop research protocols and data analysis plans; and execute data coding, analysis and synthesisCross-country Coordination and Knowledge Management:- Share country updates with broader global team to inform global priorities and keep team members up to date on ongoing areas for support- Document and disseminate relevant industry best practice and key CHAI program learnings across country teams- Inform program activities based on global evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners- Participate in the broader efforts of the Global SRH team to serve as a resource and support to country teams across a wide range of subject areas by leading and/or supporting one or more “knowledge areas” within the team. This responsibility includes staying up to date on relevant literature, participating in relevant webinars or global fora, producing briefs or other knowledge products for sharing with the Global SRH team or country teams, and maintaining a Box folder or relevant resources- Lead or support development and implementation of special projects to further global impact, as needed- Maintain country materials sub-folders on Box and country notebooks in One NoteGeneral:- Work collaboratively with Global SRH Team, Global MNH Team, Global Markets Team, Analytics and Implementation Research team other relevant CHAI global teams, and CHAI country teams to achieve project goals- Provide support on cross-country / global workstreams including internal and external reporting- Frequent travel to CHAI program countries- Exemplify SRH team norms and contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Assist in updating M&E framework- Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks- Provide research and analytical support- Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings- Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level- Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination- Contribute to donor reports- Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary