Click column header to sort
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Serve as a trusted advisor to the malaria program- Provide day-to-day support to national malaria programs to help them make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Provide technical support to development or revisions of guidelines and SOPs for malaria elimination activities- Work with CHAI's technical teams and regional managers to develop and implement a coordinated program of support- Identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions to them- Conduct quantitative analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support development of funding proposals- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government program and partner organizations in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for donor reporting and best practice sharing- Other responsibilities as needed
- Data collection in the field and recruiting study participants at facilities.- Conducting frequent site visits around Gauteng.- Transcribing audio recordings.- Interviewing study participants face-to-face and telephonically.- Following up with study participants to collect relevant feedback.- Drafting of field-based reports.- The Volunteer will be expected to support the Program Manager on key deliverables and program requirements as requested.
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for CMPE and external partners on CHAI’s support to eliminate P. vivax malaria in Laos- Build expertise on P. vivax diagnostic tools and local operational research, and contribute to the overall strategy and theory of change from planning to implementation of these new tools in Laos- Provide technical support to CMPE to manage the planning, introduction, and phased implementation of safe radical cure of P. vivax- Regularly monitor the status of P. vivax commodities in country such as G6PD tests and primaquine, and support the development of inputs for routine quantifications and operational budgets for these commodities- Support CMPE with data collection from DHIS2 and mSupply, analysis, and visualization. Track progress and quality of data, and make necessary updates to the P. vivax M&E framework.- Support CMPE in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, and guidelines and support CMPE to conduct trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Support CMPE to conduct effective case management supervision visits and on-the-job trainings to poor performing health facilities as identified through data reviews- Reinforce and expand programmatic reporting and activity tracking tools and processes at central and subnational levels; further the capacity of government staff to conduct activity tracking on a regular basis- Support CMPE and CHAI subnational teams to ensure high testing and reporting rates by health centers and VMWs. Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyze data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Follow up on VMW program implementation to ensure alignment with CMPE recommendations- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Coordinate closely with CHAI colleagues to ensure comprehensive and seamless case management, surveillance, and program and financial management support to CMPE- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Other duties as assigned
- In close coordination with the central team at Delhi (National Program Management Unit – NPMU), lead the project at the state through strong program management and ensuring implementation of programmatic strategies and achievement of program objectives- Develop strong relationship with the respective State (MD-NHM,STO,STDC) and District(CMHO/DTO) officials for the effective and coordinated implementation of project activities- Engage and facilitate necessary support for availability of drugs, diagnostics and necessary manpower support required for the project interventions- Develop state specific implementation and a supportive supervision plan for the project and respective activities to be undertaken in close coordination with implementing partners (Sub Recipients)- Contribute to developing and implementing a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, programmatic lessons learned, and other project outputs- Advocate with State and district officials on the results and lessons from the project and drive decisions on scaling up such activities- Track project progress regularly and feed into the various progress reports for the purpose of internal consumption as well as government departments- Represent CHAI and the project at the state and work with the district Leads and address challenges reported- Identify training needs and design, plan and conduct training programs, workshops, meetings and campaigns in coordination with central team.- Develop field level strategies in alignment with overall project objectives and ensure communication and process adherence are complied too by the implementing partners (SRs)- Review and analyse district wise performance and provide inputs to partner organisations to achieve targets, provide quality services and report results- Contribute to the development of outcome and impact monitoring processes as and when required- Work with the M&E team to ensure coverage of each project component and all project indicators for baseline evaluation of project activities.- Regularly analyse the data captured in the MIS and provide a summary of findings and recommendations while ensuring data quality. Work with the project and field teams to address gaps, if any.
Position Overview The Associate will be a critical contributor to CHAI’s QSCO team. They will provide analytical, strategic, and communication support with a focus on monitoring supply chain trends for medicines and their inputs based on market intelligence and import/export data. In addition, they will review contracts, purchase orders and protocols to confirm that quality has been addressed appropriate and will work with the contract team, program teams and procurement agents to manage any catalytic procurements made by CHAI. The Associate will assist in development of cost of good calculations for products in support of CHAI programs. The position will require minimal travel. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, advanced analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. They will be expected to function independently and flexibly, with minimal oversight. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. Responsibilities- Monitoring supply chain trends in terms of prices, supply and demand based on market intelligence and import/export databases- Prepare detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Present effectively at internal CHAI meetings- Perform other tasks as necessary
The GMT SRH Manager will drive forward key SRH market-shaping activities. This role will involve leading projects to enhance access to vital SRH commodities in LMICs through a range of activities such as negotiating supplier agreements, supporting the introduction and scaleup of key commodities once supplier agreements have been reached, and bringing generic competition to market. As part of these activities, the manager will often need to guide the development of compelling business cases and demand forecasts, among other analyses. We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, and collaborative individual with outstanding analytical, problem-solving, stakeholder management, and communication skills. The manager must be able to function independently, be comfortable working across various technical and country teams within CHAI, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We also place great value on qualities such humility, flexibility, and resourcefulness. To Note:There is a preference for this role to be based in the United States with the flexibility to be based in an alternative CHAI program country, pending GMT and country team leadership approval.This role will require up to 25% travel (as is feasible e.g., pending the COVID context).Responsibilities:- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward SRH market-shaping discussions- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Working in close partnership with CHAI’s SRH team to facilitate critical stakeholder discussions that can help bolster market-shaping efforts- Providing thoughtful and regular feedback and coaching to GMT SRH staff- Other responsibilities as needed
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, excellent grounding and experience in vaccine delivery, preferably in developing country setting, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. They should have proven ability at capacity building others as this will be an integral part of the role. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. Travel will be required within PNG 50 % of the time. - Lead and manage overall implementation of the PNG vaccines Programme strategy including the development of assessments, budgets, dashboards, training and other Programs materials according to work plan;- Provide strategic direction for the country vaccines Programme and its implementation under the technical guidance of Senior Advisor to be able to collaborate with the Ministry of Health, in country development partners and donors;- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the Programme work streams and oversee performance against work plans and budgets;- Serve as the primary point person to the Expanded Programme on Immunization - EPI Programme within MOH. - Maintain and build strong working relationships with MOH, Provincial Health Authority and key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, to leverage opportunities for synergies and enhance Programme impact;- Produce high-quality reports for donors and government counterparts, ensuring the appropriate data is collected during project periods to support adequate reporting and assessment;- Manage the vaccines team on a day-to-day basis including activity planning, provide mentoring and feedback, and encourage innovative, sound approaches to achieving Programme results;- Working closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team and others to enlist support, capture emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards;- Take a leading role in guiding future Programme and proposal development;- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices; and- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Support the development HR strategies and programs to support CHAI’s mission, vision and values- Provide counsel on procedure and policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues, and local labor laws;- Support in the designing, planning, and implementation of HR systems, policies, procedures and best practices to strengthen country and global HR functions;- Support the development of plans to address succession planning and country team restructuring;- Develop strategies to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention;- Develop tools and guideline towards strengthening country HR and leadership capacity and continuity;- Maintain in depth knowledge of country Labour and other statutory requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;- Support development, and facilitation of professional development training sessions based on learning gaps and career development;- Partner with, coach and counsel managers and employees on how to manage and resolve country employee relations issues.- Provide support to country program and operations management around performance feedback, coaching, counselling, career development, and identifying and executing appropriate actions up to and including terminations;- Provide mentorship and oversight of country team staff with HR responsibilities,- Lead learning and development activities to promote a respectful workplace, DEI, talent development, management skills, and other capacity building needs. Develops, facilitates, and delivers training, and trains trainers.- Participate as needed in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding- Participate fully in Global HR Projects and Initiatives as delegated by the supervisor- Be a strong advocate of Respectful work Place principles and Safe Guarding across the country teams- Act as the Focal Point for Safe Guarding issues and conduct investigations as directed- As a Focal Point, receive complaints and counsel (or advise) victims – in addition to conducting investigations- Build strong relationships with country and program leadership;- Collaborate with other members of the Global HR team on various projects and initiatives;- Ad hoc administrative tasks and assignments in support of overall global and regional HR management;- This position requires up to 25% international travel, occasionally on short notice and primarily in the Southern Africa region.
COVID-19 community testing operational research- Support drafting of operational research protocols in readiness for IRB review- Support drafting of study protocols when new diagnostic products come into market and require evaluation- Oversee data collection for ongoing operational research for COVID-19- Conduct analysis of operational research and program data to achieve monitoring, evaluation, and research objectives- Present study and program data to in-country stakeholders and support dissemination at international platforms when required- Organize trainings and create monitoring tools for studies in order to ensure the highest quality of personnel and data- Support mentorship activities at testing sites to enhance data quality and availability- Support quantification and forecasting of commodities for scale up of diagnostics services- Support COVID-19 testing activities in-country including introduction of new testing kits and lab network optimizationAfrica Health Diagnostics Project (AHDP)- Develop scoping, capacity assessment, and gap analysis tools for diagnostics services in Malawi- Conduct data collection, cleaning, analysis and reporting for AHDP project- Conduct stakeholder engagements required to establish a possible public-private partnership agreement in the diagnostics landscape in Malawi- Organize meetings with MoHP to develop a governance model for implementation and oversight of future projects- Organize review meetings and prepare materials to present the progress of the project at all stagesCross-cutting activities- Attend policy meetings and prepare presentations for the ministry and partners- Provide impartial advice to the MoHP on policy and technological issues relating to viral load testing, linkage to treatment, point of care and other general diagnostics topics- Liaise with CHAI’s global Laboratory Services Team (LST) on programmatic and policy issues- Liaise with other CHAI Malawi teams to ensure that Malawi diagnostics programming integrates into CHAI’s broader work on increasing patient access to services and reducing mortality- Work to improve the public health system in Malawi by increasing access to care for all patients and ensuring long-term sustainability- Support resource mobilization efforts for COVID-19 testing and other relevant diagnostics topics- Attend to other duties as requested by the management team
CHAI seeks an Associate to join Rwanda’s sustainable health financing team. In this role, the Associate will support the implementation of CHAI support to the GoR working closely with key decision makers of the MoH, RSSB, and Ministry of Finance. This will include support to various health financing reforms and operational improvement initiatives, including a provider payment reform for PHC and the revision of the CBHI benefit package. The Associate will report to the Program Manager for Health Financing and will work closely with other CHAI teams at the country and global level, including in Health Financing; Health System Strengthening; Infectious Diseases; Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health; and others. Responsibilities- Design and carry out the scope of CHAI's support to the Ministry of Health and to Rwanda Social Security Board, for health financing according to government priorities and the evolving support needs of the Ministry of Health.- Act as a key advisor to government leadership in the design and implementation of health financing interventions and reforms. Those will include, and not be limited to, the following:- An ambitious provider payment reforms for primary health care providers. This will involve support to the government at central and subnational levels for the roll out of the payment reform.- The institutionalization of an evidence-based process to revise CBHI health benefit package and ensure essential services are covered by the scheme- The strengthening of donor coordination to support domestic resource mobilization and a sustainable transition towards greater self-reliance- Support the government in conducting in-depth financial analyses to inform priority reforms. These analyses may include the following:- Projections of service demand and financial needs for CBHI, as well as an analysis of financial availability and funding gaps.- Efficiency analyses that will inform interventions to improve financial management at central and peripheral levels and for different pillars of the health system.- Critical analysis of the distribution of financial resources for the health system as a whole and the expenditure incurred.- Other quantitative analyses to assess the opportunities to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of health financing in Rwanda.- Transfer expertise to government partners in data analysis, including costing, scenario modelling and budgeting.- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders on the work of health system strengthening in Rwanda.- Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within the country, region and organization.- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.