Click column header to sort
• Support the development of the MAC catch-up plan to include equity-based strategies, in order to ensure no one is left behind with HPV vaccination.• Monitor closely the implementation of the MAC campaign activities.• Develop and support implementation of an HPV vaccination school strategy and routinization plan.• Involve CSO to conduct advocacy, sensitization and communication on HPV vaccination and other VPD at various levels• Ensure that each CSO has the appropriate systems in place to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities assigned to them.• Support the designated CSO to develop and execute an advocacy plan for preventing VPD, including HPV, among religious and traditional leaders in targeted communities.• Support the designated CSO to design an integrated 'household' immunization approach and oversee its implementation through pilot initiatives carried out by CSOs in selected underserved communities.• Support the designated CSO to design and execute an advocacy plan for preventing VPD, including HPV, among Regional Councilors in the Centre, Littoral and West Regions.Other responsibilities:• Integrate the MOH vaccination platform and build relationship with all relevant MOH staff in the EPI; act as secretariat to the working group, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, and taking meeting minutes amongst others.• Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for the vaccine program e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets, contracts.• Develop monitoring & evaluation tools for the grant• Institute clinical training and mentoring plan for the CSO, including core financial and programmatic aspects of a functional organization• Strengthen the CSO management systems, through development of management tools, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)• Liaise regularly with MOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations for vaccine-related work and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings.• Lead internal communications on key donor reporting deadlines to relevant team members – work closely with Finance and Administration teams to ensure activity plans and programmatic budgets are shared proactively-coordinate with Country Leadership to ensure any major risks and challenges for programmatic objectives are escalated and addressed accordingly.• Develop materials and document internal updates to share with other CHAI Cameroon and global team members; highlight opportunities for integration and coordination across work streams wherever possible.• Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving oxygen access in Cameroon.• Other responsibilities as assigned and needed.
Specific responsibilities include: Global Supply Coordination- Manage and support a team of four analysts tasked with improving country-level quantifications and supply plans through the GFPVAN. - Review and provide feedback on country-level analysis and insights, ensuring that deliverables are well articulated, structured, and accurate.- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to facilitate quick and effective responses between country and global levels to address actual or potential stock imbalances.- Flag CHAI focus country commodity gaps to key stakeholders at the global level, gain consensus on the gaps, and enact concrete solutions- Provide technical support and thought partnership to the VAN initiative which aims to better enable collaboration around the supply/demand planning and exception management- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH commodity security and become established as a respected and trusted thought leader within CHAI and within the global community- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Liaise with the Global SRH Supplies group and provide country insight to support market shaping efforts Market Monitoring and Access Strategies- Lead market visibility efforts, including collection, analysis and visualization of key data to provide improved visibility into product markets- Conduct product landscapes, as required, to inform market access strategies- Collect, analyze and use data from suppliers, procurers and end user surveys to inform and monitor market access strategies for specific reproductive health products People Management - Guide and oversee a team of four analysts, offering both technical and programmatic support across various work streams- Foster a collaborative and innovative team environment, ensuring that each team member understands their roles and responsibilities within the context of the broader organizational goals- Provide hands-on guidance and expertise in technical matters, sharing your deep knowledge to assist the team in overcoming technical challenges and making informed decisions- Actively engage with each direct report to understand their individual career aspirations and professional development objectives- Continuously monitor progress of direct reports, provide constructive feedback, and identify opportunities for skill enhancement and career growth Knowledge Management- Inform program design and activities based on global evidence and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners- Develop and coordinate with SRH team members to develop global goods and knowledge products that advance our global evidence base General- Work collaboratively with CHAI teams to achieve project goals- Provide analytical and management support as requested- Contribute to donor reports- Travel to meet with global stakeholders in Washington, D.C., Copenhagen and New York as well as to countries in Africa and Asia- Other responsibilities as needed
Global Operations (~50%)- Develop project management tools, strategies, and methods to ensure consistent implementation of CHAI policies and procedures across the matrix.- Establish, maintain, and communicate consistent organizational policies and procedures that improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.- In partnership with other support functions ensure all relevant program and non-program countries are up to date and in compliance with respective government requirements.- Support CHAI country start-up and scale-down operational activities, ensuring that all necessary stakeholders are effectively coordinated, and compliance requirements are met.- In partnership with the Director maintain annual budgets and track financial expenditures.Knowledge Management (~25%)- Manage CHAI’s knowledge management processes using internal repositories and the consolidation, organization, and distribution of organizational-wide policies, guides, and practices.- Support the development and implementation of CHAI Net, the organization’s intranet, and primary knowledge management platform.- Develop cross-cutting solutions for improving internal systems for knowledge sharing and information management across the matrix.- In partnership with global HR, and via CHAI Net, streamline and implement a structured onboarding process across the matrix.- In partnership with programming, and via the CHAI Net, systematize e-learning documentation such as tender and proposal development tools, M&E processes, donor reporting, fundraising materials, etc.Organizational Strategy (~25%)- Support the Director, Global Operations on priority projects related to operations excellence, global compliance, programmatic and country operations as assigned.- Pursue innovative and transformational approaches to integrating global operations through a customer service approach across the matrix.- Foster collaboration both within and outside the organization to pursue industry standard approaches to global operations, risk management, compliance, and project implementation.- Support the management and implementation of key committees such as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Safeguarding Committee; Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and Knowledge management.
Leadership- A thought partner to the Country Director and the Country Leadership Team- Manage a team of highly motivated, high performing individuals with diverse work and educational backgrounds and collaborate with HR to lead and support talent management initiatives, succession planning and continuous feedback; within finance and operations cluster.- Introduce new and creative approaches, strategies, and/or concepts to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the finance and operations.- Advise and guides staff in all technical aspects of accounting to ensure compliance with CHAI Finance and compliance manual.- Provide overall management and coordination of the work of the finance and operation team in the country.Finance and Operations Technical Oversight- Oversee annual budget planning and development process, monitor expenditures and variances, and proactively manage reforecasting processes.- Ensure country cash flow needs are effectively managed.- Prepare strategic monthly and financial reports for the Country Leadership and Program Management Team to ensure effective and efficient management of program resources in line with country strategies and operating plans.- Oversee the coordination of annual statutory audit process, donor audits and periodic internal audits, serving as the primary liaison with audit firm(s).- Ensure that the organization remains in good standing with tax obligations in-country- Develop understanding of all relevant national laws and legal obligations pertaining to CHAI’s operations in Uganda to ensure comprehensive CHAI compliance and avoid any undesirable effects on CHAI in Uganda or globally- Working closely with the Country leadership team, ensure a harmonious and legal compliant relationship between CHAI Uganda and all vendors and contractors.- Oversee grant and donor compliance requirements are met.- Manage the development and implementation of systems, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with donor funding requirements.- Ensure all fiscal policies, procedures and documentation requirements are adequate to protect the organization.- Develop and implement a robust risk management framework to minimize any risk to CHAI Uganda.- Providing an oversight of payroll reconciliation according to CHAI rules and regulations.- Provide an oversight over the country office procurement function and make sure all contracts are awarded through a competitive process.- Manage the operations team in making sure all agreements are contracted according to statutory laws and there is constant monitoring and proper vendor management. Relationship Management- Develop new relationships and strengthen existing ones with partners who are critical to the continued excellence of CHAI Uganda operations.- Ensure cooperation and support from internal and external stakeholders.- Nurture positive and trusted relationships with stakeholders. Problem Solving- Proactively identify and address financial matters.- Collaborate with the Country Director and Management team to resolve problems.- Quickly identify and resolve management matters.- Develop comprehensive solutions to resolve problems.- Proactively seek guidance on CHAI best practicesPeople Management- Supervise and provide mentorship and training to finance and operations team.- Promote professional development amongst direct reports through coaching and mentoring.- Collaborate with direct reports to proactively address and resolve performance matters for the finance and operations team.- Bring team members together to function as a cohesive and productive finance and operations team. Financial Management- In collaboration with cluster leads, manage multiyear/multimillion-dollar program budget.- Guide development of well-structured costed work plans, budgets, and expenditure reports and ensure that team resources are allocated accordingly.- Track financial obligations and expenditures of donor(s) funds.
- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Collaborating with a multi-functional team of strategic program associates, epidemiologists, and CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programs- Please note that these may change as the project evolves
The Regional Program Manager will be a strategic leader of CHAI´s growing dengue portfolio in Central America, helping our program derive an organizational vision for the work and organize activities across several countries, ensuring CHAI provides high-quality support to the Ministries of Health in the region. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Program Leadership:- Act as a regional coordinator for CHAI’s growing dengue portfolio across several countries in Central America.- Build and maintain a strong understanding of the dengue control landscape.- Strengthen strategic partnerships with regional NGOs, academic institutions, and private sector entities to maximize expertise, resources, and networks in implementing novel interventions to control dengue.- Identify and establish collaborations with new partners to diversify support for programmatic activities.- Become thought partner and advisor on dengue control within the Ministry of Health and relevant government bodies.- Intensify efforts as a liaison between CHAI and national authorities, advocating for sustained political commitment and resource allocation to dengue control.- Engage in high-level discussions, negotiations, and advocacy activities to catalyze implementation of novel dengue interventions.- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, regional partners, and government stakeholders on ongoing country activities and prioritiesStrategic Planning:- Provide strategic guidance and expertise on policy development and dengue control planning in political agendas.- Help country teams support government-led review and analysis of all available data on dengue incidence, entomology, and associated interventions to understand what’s working and what’s not- Engage CHAI and external technical experts to inform selection of optimal tools and strategies for dengue control.- Be a thought partner to support creation of national dengue strategies incorporating new approaches.- Assist with identification of potential financing mechanisms to fund strategies.Documentation and Sharing:- Document experiences and share lessons learned across country teams- Assist with writing of funding proposals and information synthesis for donor reporting.
- Lead, provide guidance, and support the preparation of rigorous impact evaluations along with external evaluators, the donor, and global and country team counterparts- Provide technical advice on study implementation including data collection, study budget, and training activities- Review the data analysis plan and interpretation of results- Support the technical writing and dissemination of study findings to stakeholders and the global evidence community- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and other relevant stakeholders to ensure fidelity to evaluation implementation- Transfer knowledge to national and state teams on evaluation implementation including M&E, analysis methods, and sampling techniques
Execution and Coordination- Support the COO in executing key operational objectives.- Serve as a liaison between the COO, CHAI senior leadership, regional directors, and operational departments.- Participate in internal and external calls and travel with the COO to ensure effective thought partnership and follow-through on action items.Strategic Portfolio Management Support- Assist the COO in sourcing, vetting, and prioritizing transformational program goals and providing support to a subset of these transformational goals.- Aid in the development and implementation of performance management system to ensure successful execution of transformational goals.Talent Strategy Development Support- Support the COO, Human Resources and Talent Working Group in developing a comprehensive talent strategy for CHAI.Organizational Performance Enhancement- Work closely with the COO to identify, prioritize, and implement new initiatives enhancing organizational performance.- Contribute to the development of a holistic, long-term operations strategy and roadmap.Logistical Support- Manage scheduling and logistics through a shared Operations Associate, including travel planning, scheduling meetings, and coordinating events.- Provide overall support and gap-filling on cross-cutting organizational initiatives to enable the COO to focus on strategic initiatives.
- Owning and leading the strategic design of market-shaping interventions to support the African vaccine manufacturing ecosystem.- Overseeing quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions.- Providing technical assistance implementation to drive on-the-ground impact in scaling-up the African vaccine manufacturing sector (e.g., business cases for vaccine technology transfers, policy proposals for the procurement of African-made vaccines).- Proactively developing and managing relationships with key partners to support the growth of the African vaccine manufacturing industry.- Leading preparation of presentations, reports, and other analyses to be shared with external stakeholders through white papers, conferences, and academic journal articles.- Creatively scoping and initiating projects that could contribute to further improving the African vaccine manufacturing ecosystem.
- Program Leadership and Stakeholder Coordination:- Develop and maintain SRH's strategy, aligning with government and donor objectives.- Identify and guide strategic program expansion while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including MOH and relevant government bodies.- Coordinate training, distributions, and activities to ensure effective program implementation.- Donor Relationship Management:- Coordinate with donors for updates, budget management, and identifying funding opportunities.- Manage the SRH program budget and work closely with CHAI and donor teams for seamless collaboration.- Research Management & Program Coordination:- Lead communications with CHAI SRH management and teams.- Manage the CHAI research team, support insight generation, and lead mapping of intervention areas.- Disseminate research findings to government and stakeholders.- Research Operations:- Draft field operation plans, training modules, and research protocols.- Identify and support third-party data collection agencies.- Ensure quality training of survey teams and oversee fieldwork implementation.- Liaise with tool programmer for data collection.- Data Management and Analysis:- Devise Data Quality Audit methods and reports.- Clean and manage datasets, execute data cleaning commands, and analyze large datasets.- Undertake duties as requested by the leadership.