Click column header to sort
- Develop coverage improvement strategies in collaboration with key government stakeholders and development partners in the state under the guidance of the programme leadership.- Undertake evidence-based designing and implementing of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in select districts and blocks.- Closely monitor execution of the work plan, work with the team on problem solving, and pull leadership attention of issues and opportunities.- Under guidance of programme leadership, provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a senior level representative.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with government stakeholders and key partners at a senior level.- Build program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Undertake and guide program reporting and tracking of milestones and outcomes.- Travel extensively to various parts of the state.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for oxygen access and health systems strengthening.- Build, execute, and monitor work plans based on goals and guidance from state government and WJCF leadership and support state DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.- Closely monitor execution of workplan, work with the team on problem solving and engage with the leadership to underline risks, solve for challenges and/or build on opportunities.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Establish and manage collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Support development of strategies to improve access to medical oxygen and implementation at the state, and facility levels based on in-depth understanding of oxygen needs and landscape i.e., oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users, and intermediaries.- Under the aegis of the program leadership, provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences, as a senior level representative.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Build program(s) by continually developing capacity and skills of staff on the Essential Medicines and Oxygen Access program and other programs initiated / implemented in the state. The SEL will collaborate with and support the WJCF leadership and Human Resources team in defining resource requirement, identifying talent, anchoring recruitment, and supporting professional development needs at the state level.- Travel extensively within the state to support program implementation, and need based travel within India.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
Leadership and Strategic Planning- In close coordination with the Benin senior management team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH to develop a strong MoH vision and operational plan for campaign digitization and integration, including working with government staff daily to:- Scope and understand the health campaigns work and digital health capacity and activities in Benin- Implement a local sustainability plan that incorporates governance, institutional capacity, financing, and other critical considerations- Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with the Benin government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investmentsStakeholder Relationship Management- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOs working on public health campaigns and digital health in Benin in alignment with MoH priorities to:- Develop a deep understanding their motivations and challenges and- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders- Identify and work with appropriate organizations to implement aspects of campaign digitization and integration – including software customization, user testing, training, and M&E- Develop and manage sub-contracts of software developers and campaign implementors- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workProgram Management and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of one or more program teams; provide support and guidance to junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the Benin senior management team- Lead reporting for the health campaigns programs, working alongside the Benin senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholders- Other activities and responsibilities, as needed.
Coordinate national AHD stakeholders, strategy, and implementation:- Attend and engage with regional communities of practice and networks and provide technical assistance to the member countries.- Provide guidance, market intelligence, and strategic input to the MOHs on AHD.- Support national AHD stakeholder engagements through participation in and support as required to the AHD Technical Working Groups, with a particular focus on translating regional and global learnings and best practices into operational and technical guidance to accelerate the uptake of impactful diagnostic technologies and treatments.- Support MOH to coordinate across and align AHD partners, including civil society and/or community networks, to the national AHD strategy and implementation plan.- Support MOH either virtually or in person with accelerated AHD product introduction, including guideline review meetings, forecasting and quantification, and new product introduction planning.- Review countries’ AHD implementation plans and support the MOH to optimize treatment at selected hubs that decentralized screening facilities can refer patients to.- Support and participate in country-to-country learning and exchange visits on AHD.- Regularly engage in activities related to learning networks to support knowledge raising, sharing of best practices, and capacitation of MOHs.Increase demand for key AHD commodities through expanding sustainable access:- Review and support the optimization of AHD guidelines across countries, sharing best practices and recent WHO recommendations and working closely with MOH to adopt these for the local setting.- Increase awareness of AHD commodities among key decision makers and implementers, and support MOHs to ensure full access to the AHD package of care in their respective countries.- Support CD4 strategy review across countries as required, including assessing the impact of a VISITECT® CD4 Advanced Disease test and its place in countries’ AHD package of care.- Share through the latest market intelligence, to ensure country orders are aligned with procurement cycles that will help maximize the shelf life of commodities in the country.- Share and communicate with countries information about new products to support product introduction.- Support the review of countries’ supply chain data to support regional supply chain management and avoid stockouts.- [As required] Support MOHs to develop the investment case to advocate for the prioritization of AHD commodities in donor global and country budgets. Securing commitment from procurement partners will be critical to ensuring sustainable access to AHD commodities and growing demand.- Monitor country progress against program access deliverables through regular reviews.- Timeously identify risks to access, propose risk mitigation strategies/solutions, and support their execution alongside the MOHs.Coordinate demand for AHD commodities and services: - Share data and access information from counties with the CHAI team, to inform market interventions and share with partners such as the AHD Implementation Steering Committee (ISC) and ARV Procurement Working Group (APWG) to support cross-partner collaboration and service delivery efficiencies at the global level.- Gather data from across countries on AHD supply chain challenges to determine timelines, anticipate delays, and course correct as needed based on revised demand.Team and stakeholder engagement:- Establish and maintain relationships with MOHs, CHAI country teams and partners, and between the global and country teams.- Act as the CHAI AHD focal person for countries and provide updates on country activities and access updates during scheduled internal, donor, and partner engagements.- Meet routinely with MOHs to review, plan, and identify areas for support.- Establish and cultivate key external AHD stakeholder relationships.- Coordinate with other internal teams to identify, cultivate, and leverage synergies in strategy and workstreams.Knowledge sharing:- Maintain up-to-date expertise across the HIV, and specifically the AHD, space, including the latest trends, and research developments and support identification, translation, and utilization of relevant global and regional updates for country teams.- Present analyses, cross-country insights, and program lessons to external audiences.
- Provide technical assistance to the STRIDE/DRIVE country team to refine approaches for technical support to MoH and NAC across all HIV testing and prevention interventions. - Keep abreast of new developments in the HIV testing and prevention space locally, regionally and globally; synthesize their findings and implications and disseminate these to the team.- Advise on appropriate shifts in prevention strategies to respond to evolving epidemiological data, research, field observations, assessment reports, performance statistics, and other available data. - Serve as the key advisor to the country team in HIV testing and prevention, through the review of published literature such as abstracts, journals and articles.- Establish and maintain good relationships with PEPFAR, USAID, CDC, UNAIDS, and other international bodies which specialize in HIV testing and prevention programming. - Lead in designing technical strategies, interventions, and approaches to support MoH in strengthening HIV testing and prevention programs- Development of case studies, models, and other materials related to HIV prevention programming to share expertise with external stakeholders.- Provide expert technical guidance and capacity building including support for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the STRIDE/DRIVE grants.- Provide technical assistance in the development of clinical guidelines, training manuals and SOPs that relate to HIV testing and prevention.- Work with CHAI’s global colleagues to obtain relevant information and ensure that donor reporting requirements are met.- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Rôle et responsabilitésCHAI recherche un stagiaire qui travaillera sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet COVID-19 et renforcement du système de laboratoire. Le stagiaire apportera un appui technique à la Direction des laboratoires du ministère de la Santé et de l'Hygiène publique (MSHP) pour au moins un des 3 sujets suivants:- Réviser les normes sur les tests essentiels pour les établissements de soins de santé primaire, par type de structures sanitaires ; - Développer et tester un système intégré de gestion des stocks de réactifs et consommables de laboratoire ;- Développer le paquet de formation sur la gestion intégrée des stocks; De plus, le stagiaire devra aider à : - Rédiger des rapports sur l'évolution des activités ;- Assister le coordinateur du projet dans le développement de futurs projets de renforcement du système de laboratoire, si nécessaire ; - Autres tâches potentielles assignées par le superviseur.Pour mener à bien ses missions, le stagiaire sera baséà Ouagadougou et interagira sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet avec certaines structures du MSHP telles que la Direction Générale de l'Approvisionnement Pharmaceutique (DGAP), la Direction des Laboratoires Biomédicaux (DLBM), les directions régionales de la santé, les districts sanitaires et les prestataires des formations sanitaires périphériques. Le stage est d'une durée de 3 à 6 mois. Role and ResponsibilitiesCHAI is seeking a volunteer to work under the supervision of the COVID-19 and Laboratory System Strengthening Project Coordinator. The volunteer will provide technical support to the Laboratory Directorate of the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene (MSHP), for at least one of the following 3 topics:- Revise standards on essential tests for primary health care facilities by type of health facility; - Develop and test an integrated inventory management system for laboratory reagents and consumables;- Develop the integrated inventory management training package;In addition, the intern will assist in:- Write reports on the progress of activities- Assist the project coordinator in the development of future projects to strengthen the laboratory system, if necessary; - Other potential tasks as assigned by the supervisor.To complete his/her responsibilities, the volunteer will be based in Ouagadougou and will interact under the supervision of the Project Coordinator with some MSHP structures such as the Directorate General of Pharmaceutical Supply (DGAP), the Directorate of Biomedical Laboratories (DLBM), the regional health directorates, the health districts and the providers at peripheral health facilities. The volunteer position is between 3-6 months.
- Participate in the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies and managing their execution.- Coordinate local ethical clearance and government approval processes and ensure compliance with all local research requirements and regulations- Obtain written government, partner, and site approval for access to individual data sets and their usage- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders of AMBIT and Retain 6.- Take ownership in critical scientific thinking and development of key work streams - Assess and monitor progress against overall objectives and milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors, MoH and key stakeholders, including achievements to date, action plans etc.- Develop and coordinate input for concept notes, abstracts, research articles, publications etc.- Lead data collection and data team management including:- Developing data collection SOPs, and monitoring tools for data collection teams- Participating in the training of data collection teams and ensuring that all staff have ethics training and are compliant with CHAI rules and regulations- Supervising data collection teams and quality assurance- Prepare final data sets for transfer to overall AMBIT & Retain 6 data teams- Participate in data analysis and abstract/manuscript writing in collaboration with the team at HE2RO and Boston University- Co-author reports, abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts- Participate in stakeholder DSD meetings and represent the two projects to the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, funders, and other stakeholders- Support, coach, and mentor project team members- Ensure all deliverables on allocated studies and those of any direct reports are met on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations.- Perform other study-related tasks as requested by AMBIT/Retain 6 leadership in agreement with CHAI leadership.- Travel to study sites and to meetings and conferences within and outside Zambia as needed.- Perform other roles as assigned
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
- Provide specialized inputs for informing WJCF’s SRH strategy at both national and state levels.- Engage, build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant external stakeholders among government, healthcare providers and partners in SRH space, including but not limited to National FP Division, UNFPA, BMGF,- WHO, USAID, Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI).- Support the team in constructing contextualized approaches and frameworks for achieving grant outcomes and forging alliances aimed at positively impacting the SRH ecosystem in conjunction with competencies.- Provide technical inputs in strategic and implementation plans, support effective project implementation and documentation.- Regularly assess program progress against targets, identify operational bottlenecks or risks, and work with the leadership to strengthen the India SRH Program as necessary.- Support the team in distilling insights from the secondary and primary research to inform product introduction roadmap.- Support the team in identification of service delivery models for improving uptake of SRH services and/or modern methods of family planning through secondary and primary research.- Leverage national conferences, partner engagements and forums to showcase the progress of WJCF’s SRH program and innovations undertaken and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact.- Support in scoping for new opportunities/creating pitch documents for new grants/donors in the SRH and allied spaces including and not limited to maternal and child health, gender-based issues and identify white space opportunity areas for WJCF.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the WJCF leadership.
- Identify and define WJCF's overall strategy towards ABDM Implementation, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the central & state-level stakeholders towards effective implementation of ABDM and strategic initiatives- Work closely with program lead, WJCF leadership, state-level authorities, donor partners and other stakeholders to identify solutions for specific elements of the vision- Identify potential partners (e.g. technology, capacity building, research) to deliver the vision- Co-ordinate outreach and socialization of the concept with relevant authorities in collaborating States- Work with relevant authorities and partners to develop a detailed operational roll-out plan for targeted adoption interventions- Manage teams (3-member central team and a field team, if applicable) in execution of envisaged pilots to drive adoption of ABDM-enabled digital health solutions- Develop a robust monitoring framework for capturing the impact of planned interventions and plan and co-ordinate reporting- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities- Support WJCF leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames- Draw on CHAI's global and local expertise as well as that of local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations- Perform other responsibilities as requested by WJCF / NHA leadership