Click column header to sort
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the MoH on a broad range of health financing and health systems strengthening issues, enabling MoH to mobilize resources into the health sector and distribute them equitably, effectively and efficiently.- Maintain and leverage the CHAI’s continuous presence and relationships with MoH in context of health financing and health systems and increasingly engaging with other ministries and core stakeholders for multi-sectoral collaboration.- Support the national government to enhance improved and harmonized multi-sectoral planning for health through inter-ministerial engagements to strengthen coordination; resource allocation; efficient utilization of funds; prioritization of health needs; transparency; implementation of multisectoral interventions and increased domestic funding over time.- Support the government of Malawi to establish a formal structure/Committee for multi-sectoral collaboration for health, including conducting high-level engagements with different line ministries to secure buy in and developing TORs for the Committee.- Conduct analysis, develop tools and tailored briefs to support evidence generation for key areas including: funding allocation, utilization, absorption reprogramming, reallocation and mobilization of funds according to priority needs as well as develop templates for the committee to be used for evidence based decision making.- Provide recommendations based on the evidence generated on re-programming of funding towards critical underfunded areas in accordance to government priorities to ensure greater absorption and efficient utilization of funds, value for money and harmonization of upcoming donor funding.- Build organizational capacity and strengthen management systems; engagement of government officials in data use and evidence generation.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Planning:• On basis of donor requirements and project needs, review and develop log frames and M&E frameworks for proposals, integrating M&E into project design, contributing to project planning, and providing timely preparation and contributions to donor reporting.• Assist with strategic program planning processes to identify key program indicators, establish processes to ensure functional and timely information collection, processing, analysis and reporting to support program decision making. • Design a monitoring framework for the defined PPP deal for AHDP project• Support program teams and country management for new project proposal writing.Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation• Work with Labs Program Manager to implement and maintain AHDP M&E framework and reporting systems to measure the impact of interventions and assess progress against project goals • Collaborate with Program Managers to ensure that organization delivers on all M&E requirements across projects in a timely manner and with high quality information• Develop and maintain project management dashboards and reports to track key milestones, log-frame indicators and results of the activities undertaken• Plan and coordinate assessments (baseline, midline and endline) and impact evaluation studies in collaboration with programs• Design structure for AHDP PPP site selection assessment and routine monitoring visits and participate in field visits• Participate in assessment visits, trainings, supervision and mentoring at facilities and utilize data collected to ensure programs are moving in right direction, identify bottlenecks and solutions• Support and organize regular M&E meetings and ensure appropriate data is available for required analysis and reporting• Provide support for data analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results of activities undertaken and build progress reports for donors, global teams, partners and government Knowledge Management:• Identify and lead knowledge management and learning initiatives, including the development and refinement of learning tools• Work with programs to document best practices (case studies, end of project reports etc.) which can be shared with other CHAI offices and partners• Work with MOH team to compile best practices and lessons for PPP implementation and prepare case study documents for dissemination• Collaborate with teams to develop a centralized information and data repository to store and share key information about CHAI Rwanda program interventions• Monitor and share established best practices within Rwanda office – through forwarding relevant articles and other M&E resources• Serve as primary contact for global team, maintain regular contact to facilitate sharing of lessons learned and best practices• Prepare, present, and disseminate materials on monitoring and evaluation of programs to serve as reference, informational and advocacy purposes and to form a coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and program quality improvement and adaptation• Assist in development of M&E and Evidence for Impact tools Program Support and Coordination:• Support strengthening of evidence-based programming to ensure that knowledge management and learning become integral elements of project implementation leading to enhanced positive impact• Carry out KML need assessment and contribute to training program staff on data management and M&E, with a focus on thematic M&E coordinators.• Support to strengthen the capacity of MOH team to use PPP M&E framework, tools, perform analyses and use evidence for decision making and support establishment and implementation of evidence-based appropriate change management structures and systems through formal trainings and one-on-one mentoring• Coordinate with M&E teams through thematic projects to use standardized tools to ensure consistency of quality standards, harmonization of information and contributions from field and sharing of learnings• Coordinate M&E activities and collaborative initiatives with Research partners, Universities and CHAI global M&E teams Other responsibilities as needed
- Supervise and mentor a team of CHAI staff and provide strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance of work- Oversee the development and implementation of regular work plans and budgets and monitor progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion- Assume responsibility for program budgeting and financial management including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions- Oversee team operations initiatives, including work planning functions, team calls, etc.- Develop tools, templates and written guidance for staff development- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs as required- Liaise and manage communication with other global teams and country teams within CHAI, as necessary- Other responsibilities as needed
- Coordinate all program M&E activities including supervising program analysts,volunteers and consultants- Design and execute community and facility-based surveys, as well as other methods that are both rigorous and efficient.- Lead the design of data management tools, systems, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance;- Align all data collection tools and data management best practices with the state Ministries of Health as well as other development partners.- Lead the design of new monitoring and evaluation tools and systems, operations research, KPI reporting framework and knowledge management.- Develop and manage a database of program performance data ensure data is collected and consolidated on a routine and timely basis.- Build capacity among state teams in use of data collection tools and data management best practices through training and mentoring.- Identify opportunities for and implement the integration of data tools created for the program into National HMIS platform- Ensure regular maintenance of applicable database/information systems and logframes and upload of necessary information/data- Conduct of routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification, and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs)- Support the conduct of program evaluations, such as Quality of Care Assessments and Service Readiness Assessments- Conduct relevant data analysis to support informed decision making and track follow up actions- Support workstream leads to manage and monitor databases and generate appropriate reports promptly- Support workstream leads and state team leads to review performance against targets quarterly, and identifying performance gaps- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.- Attend relevant meetings at national level to ensure effective program dissemination, learning and sharing- Provide technical support to M&E teams in the SRMNH portfolio- Any other task as requested by the Director of Programs and SRMNH and Country Director
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the COVID-19 IMT in South Africa in collaboration with the government and implementing partners to help strengthen systems and interventions and achieve audacious programmatic goals on aggressive timelines in line with DOH strategic goals and priorities;- Support DOH in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DOH strategic goals and priorities; - Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DOH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders; - Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary; - Manage the design, assessment and costing of intervention strategies, which will include protocol development, operational guidance development, data collection and review and frequent feedback to the DOH on the progress of these initiatives; - Oversee monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information; - Oversee development and maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring; - Monitor progress towards targets and support program to modify/refine implementation as needed to achieve/exceed targets; - Oversee and conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and provincial data; - Oversee quantification, costing, supply chain and of policy and regulatory landscape for COVID-19 to make recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services; - Support grant management, including development of concept notes, proposals, donor reports, and contractual agreements, and coordinate development of programmatic and financial updates; - Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Provide regular reports on program, work progress to CHAI Leadership team, and liaise with global teams within CHAI;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Support NDoH in COVID-19’s community based and communication efforts with a view of providing an integrated approach to services to improve health seeking behavior and as a result improve overall health outcomes. This will include planning and implementation of activities and ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Oversee the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to a team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary; - Oversee analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services;- Manage the design, assessment and costing of intervention strategies, which will include protocol development, operational guidance development, data collection and review and frequent feedback to the DOH on the progress of these initiatives; - Oversee and conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data;- Oversee monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information; - Oversee development and maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring; - Monitor progress towards targets and support program to modify/refine implementation as needed to achieve/exceed targets; - Oversee and conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and provincial data; - Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Lead high-quality epidemiological activities including managing and implementing analytical projects to support evidence-based decisions related to control, case management, surveillance, and other program areas- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets; conduct statistical and spatial analyses- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of surveillance processes and platforms- Advise on the design, implementation, analysis and dissemination of projects related to surveillance and intervention effectiveness- Ensure proper data management practices and conduct rigorous statistical analyses- Work with government across projects to better integrate epidemiological and programmatic data use and analysis into routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system- Support translation of findings to government teams, staff, and other non-technical partners- Provide quantitative inputs into evidence-based planning of intervention deployment, and design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to measure impact- Proactively evaluate program effectiveness in supported countries and identify potential approaches or strategies to accelerate progress- Manage and develop resources and best practices to share lessons across teams- Synthesize and disseminate findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions- Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Provide regular reports on program, work progress to CHAI Senior Leadership team.
• Support the registration process of CHAI and set up of CHAI operations in Burkina Faso, ensuring legal compliance of CHAI • Demonstrate leadership and provide support to the newly hired country team, managing accounting/finance, human resources, logistics and administration• Establish the appropriate processes and tools for planning, budgeting, reporting, and monitoring the progress of CHAI programs• Ensure strong execution of the country programs to make sure that CHAI’s results meet and exceed our targets• Develop and manage annual program budgets in collaboration with program staff• Ensure strong financial management and accountability of the country program budgets• Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters and other• Work alongside the Country Director to develop, implement and expand CHAI support to the MOH• Continually identify new opportunities together with the MOH for CHAI to add value and maximize impact• Support the Country Director in fundraising efforts and key donor relationships• Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners, and identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate• global and country teams within the organization• Given CHAI's lean staffing model, taking responsibility for some direct programmatic work when and where needed in support of the country team• Other tasks assigned by the Country Director
Strategic Advisory- Lead the review and evaluation of existing service readiness, service availability and health outcomes data to identify opportunities for advancing health coverage in the country which are aligned to the Essential Health Care Package (EHCP II) and which have the potential to improve priority health outcomes as described in the National Health Sector Strategic Plan (eNHSSP III)- Act as a trusted strategic advisor to the MoH on the development and implementation of a strengthened National Community Health Strategy, based on the upcoming report of the UN-commissioned review into community health service delivery in Eswatini- Lead the development of a CHAI Eswatini UHC strategy which is aligned with, and supports the expansion and delivery of Government and donor service priorities, specifically in the priority areas of: primary health care (PHC), sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and non-communicable disease (NCD)Programmatic Support - Coordinate and lead the development and redesign of key guidelines, protocols and decision support tools, aligned with the health service delivery strategies in each priority disease area- Lead the design and development of NCD-focused service delivery reforms at primary care and community level, including feasibility and readiness assessmentsOther responsibilities as needed
- Grant Management- Support program leads in creating comprehensive budgets for new grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants) that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements- Create and manage completion of financial reports, audit reports, and invoices for donors, working directly with the relevant leadership within HAP responsible for the grant, as well as CHAI’s various country teams, global partners, Director of Budgeting and Reporting and Chief Financial Officer for validation and approval of reports- Review donor contracts, agreements, amendments, and no-cost extensions, with specific attention and analysis of anticipated cash flows, reporting and compliance requirements, approved budget, etc.- Liaise with sub-grantees and sub-contractors to manage all relevant budget and financial management components within the scope of the grant- Oversee compliance with donor financial requirements- Manage financial close-out of grants coming to an end- Monthly Financial Review and Annual Budgeting- Develop and populate relevant tools to facilitate Manager and/or Director review of posted expenses across relevant programs and work collaboratively with Managers and Directors to identify necessary adjustments- Analyze and report on monthly variances of operational expenses to budget; work with Managers and Directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to financial plans based on variances; conduct monthly reviews of activities with Directors and EVP- Lead the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting for HAP to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available- Work with the appropriate HAP Directors and Managers to allocate and track funding from HAP programs to other CHAI programs, including country teams- Operations Evaluation and Financial Planning- Work with HAP Finance colleagues on the evaluation of program performance e.g. appraisal of cost-allocation and management of key business drivers- Lead in the creation and maintenance of financial models to track expenditure and generate forecasts to help drive programmatic decisions- Support development of alternative scenario analyses to facilitate decision making by senior management; lead in financial risk management- Identify, investigate, and implement potential operational improvement - Other- Facilitate training on finance-related issues to non-finance staff; ensure corporate memory is retained; facilitate knowledge transfer of best practices between HAP programs- Create tools and reports for budgeting and planning purposes- - Perform other programmatic/operational duties as requested by the EVP