Click column header to sort
- Manage a team of HR Coordinators, overseeing the execution of onboarding and off-boarding processes (e.g. benefits administration, Payroll set up, etc.), employee support with operational/logistical matters, employee contract tracking and updating, issuance of employment verifications and visa letters & HR record-keeping for all CHAI staff- Responsible for integrity of data recorded in HRIS, working closely with Global HR Systems Manager to regularly audit and update data as needed- Recommend and implement initiatives to improve HR policies and procedures and communicate them to staff & other stakeholders (e.g. HR in-country counterparts)- Create process mapping & training resources for a variety of HR processes- Manage the relationship between Global HR and Global Payroll, including collaborating with Global Payroll to monitor and improve biweekly and monthly processes, ensuring that biweekly and monthly Payroll submissions are timely, complete and accurate & resolving complex employee HR/Payroll issues- Provide advice and coaching to international and US-based staff and managers on all HR operations-related processes including onboarding, Payroll set up, benefits enrollments, and other day-to-day transactions- Manage US immigration, working closely with legal counsel to prepare petitions, ensuring compliance with record-keeping requirements & providing direct support to employees and managers throughout process- Serve as lead for HR donor compliance, including record-keeping, reporting, and responding to donor audits- Responsible for management of medium-size, complex cross-functional (within HR Operations team and across Global HR team) projects, which includes collaborating with stakeholders to ensure timely completion of deliverables- Collaborate with Global HR colleagues and program/country teams to ensure HR policy and legal compliance CHAI-wide- Work in collaboration with Global HR Partners to resolve complex HR operations issues involving international staff and international field offices as well as headquarters- Ad-hoc data & project support, including reporting from the HRIS, document collection when needed, etc.- Travel internationally as needed- Perform other tasks as necessary
- In close collaboration with the Director of HIV Diagnostics and Associate Director of Service Delivery and New Opportunities, lead development of CHAI’s HIV failure management strategy, creating the framework for CHAI’s engagement to maximize impact, and driving fundraising opportunities- Monitor and synthesize latest scientific and programmatic evidence to improve retention and viral suppression of PLHIV on ART, and identify key trends and evidence gaps that influence CHAI’s strategy- Lead a pilot project to demonstrate the value proposition and impact of direct diagnostic result delivery to patients - In close collaboration with Director of Country Support, identify priority countries where an integrated intervention across treatment and diagnostics can demonstrate maximum patient impact and financial savings- Provide support to CHAI country teams and national governments in designing integrated interventions aimed at improving retention and viral suppression- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in the field of HIV treatment monitoring and retention at the global and country level, including new ehealth/mhealth technologies, product uptake and impact, and procurement and supply chain- Identify gaps in evidence to inform international and national normative guidance, and plan and execute evidence generation activities - Identify and pursue additional funding opportunities to advance CHAI’s HIV failure management work, including identifying donors, packaging these opportunities appropriately, and driving the development of grants- In collaboration with Global Diagnostic Services Team, monitor the pipeline of diagnostic technologies that will help facilitate effective and timely clinical decision making for PLHIV suspected of treatment failure- Produce donor reports and provide ad hoc donor updates on funded workstreams, as needed- Other responsibilities as needed
- Analyze data and insights collected through exploratory research (market research, qualitative research, desk research).- Drive engagement with stakeholders to disseminate research analyses and build consensus on tactical steps.- Synthesize exploratory research and stakeholder inputs to develop a comprehensive prioritized set of online and offline intervention strategies.- Design methodology and research guides for research agencies; concept notes, RFPs and SOWs for digital communication agencies.- Devise engagement strategy in digital media and lead selection of and partnership with an implementation/marketing agency to develop and execute the campaign.- Organize meetings with CHAI TB Advisory Board, ecosystem partners, Government partners for gathering ideas, disseminating result, and strategizing the way forward.- Work closely with selected agency to develop deep understanding of target audience and design key behavior change communication through a human-centered design process. Monitor implementation and develop new and innovative communication strategies.- Monitor and provide guidance to field teams engaged in research and implementation.- Develop M&E and impact analysis frameworks for determining value and cost-effectiveness of interventions.- Develop TB care-seeking digital health marketing strategy with sustainability and scale-up plan. Drive adoption of strategy with state and national Governments.- Exercise administrative and budgetary oversight over the agency/project.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Oversee the implementation of the Health Financing program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting- Ensure effective communication with CHAI Country leadership and with HF teams- The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will lead CHAI Ethiopia’s engagement in health financing by supervising the health financing program managers and the team in working across directorates in both the Ministry of Health (MoH) and Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency (EHIA)- This SPM must have a strong understanding of the Ethiopian health financing and health insurance context- The SPM will develop partnerships with both MoH and EHIA leadership as well as their regional offices, and act as a thought partner, providing technical and strategic input to help shape the long term direction of health financing and health insurance in Ethiopia.- Conduct needs assessments at the Ministry of Health and Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency and support design of CHAI’s strategy to meet these needs as well as a long term technical assistance plan to help coordinate efforts of other stakeholders- Work with CHAI staff and the government in health financing areas ranging from economic evaluation and identifying and addressing inefficiencies, to resource tracking, to resource mobilization- Work with teams to design systems that facilitate monitoring and early identification of problem areas during the roll-out and scale-up of the insurance scheme, working with management to prioritize and address these problems as they arise- Engage stakeholders working in Ethiopia, coordinating and participating in technical working groups- Leverage external expertise, working with universities, partners and other public insurance schemes to respond to key strategic questions from the government- The SPM will be responsible for fundraising so that the team can continue to provide technical assistance to the government’s health financing priorities- The SPM will be the face of the Ethiopian health financing team, managing relationships with donors, other partners, CHAI leadership and CHAI global teams. Internally, he or she will be responsible for budget and team management- Document Ethiopia’s experience for donors, stakeholders and other CHAI teams and governments- Build and maintain strong relationships with CHAI donors as a strategic partnership- Perform any other activities assigned by the Country Director
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical and strategic abilities, emotional intelligence, communication skills, academic credentials, and private sector experience. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness and entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence and trust, humility, and strong work ethic. The following are the main objectives and responsibilities of the Senior Manager: Objective 1: Lead the team in achieving market-entry and access pricing agreements for service models to ensure the long-term functionality of vaccine refrigerators in-country- Markets-facing responsibilities:- Guide the team in refining the strategy for this work, as needed. Provide extensive mentorship with best practices for supplier engagement, including identification of high-potential (“Tier 1”) suppliers and service providers, providing product design and business strategies support, conducting costing analysis and negotiations, etc.- Mentor the team’s relationship managers with relationship-building and engagements with global suppliers and national or regional service providers to achieve high-quality, affordable yet sustainably-priced service capabilities. Examples of these services include leasing models and long-term maintenance contracts- Partner-facing responsibilities:- Take on full accountability for the team’s performance and reporting against grant targets, as committed to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (the donor for this work). Guide the Manager of the CCE Markets team with the necessary project management. - Understand the team’s relationships and strategic priorities with each partner agency, mainly the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Gavi, UNICEF, WHO, and PATH. Guide the team in refining these priorities as needed. Provide guidance and mentorship to the team’s relationship managers with each of these agencies, specifically with the following:- Relationship-management with key decision-makers at each agency- Programmatic problem-solving to periodically update/refine CHAI’s internal strategy and “theory of change” with each agency- Detailed technical problem-solving for a variety of policy measures to be informed/supported within each agency, e.g.: WHO’s standards and post-market monitoring mechanism for CCE; Gavi’s financing mechanisms and the detailed complexities of their operationalization in-country; UNICEF’s procurement practices and their implications for countries, suppliers, and donors- Country-facing responsibilities:- Support the team’s coordination with CHAI’s Vaccines Delivery team (global and in-country). Understand the “matrix” structure of the Vaccines program and ensure smooth collaboration with colleagues across the matrix- Support and guide the team’s work with CHAI’s Vaccines Delivery team to understand field realities and complexities in-country and their implications for markets work streams- Guide the consolidation of this in-country intelligence into formats that add value to the team’s work with suppliers and partner agencies- Mentor the team to add value to CHAI’s Vaccine Delivery team by sharing useful information and updates, actively offering bandwidth and support for impactful work streams, etc.- Any other responsibilities, as required by the Director of CHAI’s Vaccines Markets team and by the dynamic, evolving nature of the landscape Objective 2: Support completion of the solar electrification pilot in Uganda; explore opportunities for scale-up- Country-facing responsibilities:- In Q3 and Q4 2020, support CHAI-Uganda’s leadership with thinking about next steps for this area of work, pending the progress of the pilot - Support the Country Director, Deputy Country Director, and Program Manager of this work in Uganda to complete the pilot of a leasing model for solar electrification of health facilities. This work is being led by CHAI-Uganda through 2020, so the required support will likely be ad-hoc in nature and include:- Helping colleagues in Uganda with problem-solving and trouble-shooting- Helping colleagues in Uganda with relationship-management with the solar company- As needed, supporting colleagues in Uganda with data analysis, compilation of presentations and memos, and/or review/feedback about any materials- Other responsibilities:- Take on the existing relationships with partner agencies in the solar energy access space. Continue exploring opportunities for future partnerships and funding- Support the Executive Vice President of CHAI’s Vaccines program with strategizing further growth of this focus area- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- In close collaboration with the Director of HIV Diagnostics, provide guidance, thought leadership and strategic input across the AHD diagnostics workstream, with a particular focus on translating learnings and best practices to operational and technical guidance to accelerate uptake of impactful diagnostic technologies.- Synthesize public data, market intelligence, manufacturer capabilities, donor priorities, government priorities, and public health impact to develop and adapt product strategy for focal AHD diagnostic products (CD4, CrAg screening, and TB LAM).- Engage with key partners and funders to identify opportunities for collaboration to support the effective implementation of diagnostic technologies in country.- In collaboration with other project members, lead the management of the execution of pricing agreements to improve affordability and scalability of new diagnostic products. - Lead the development and execution of the workplan for AHD diagnostics workstream against program objectives, working directly with team members across multiple CHAI teams.- In close collaboration with the Director of HIV Diagnostics, create messaging for internal and external stakeholders clearly and compellingly articulating the impact of the interventions to build alliances, influence priorities, and create funding opportunities.- Engage with manufacturers and industry leaders to understand the product development pipeline, expected launch timelines, and supply-side market entry barriers, including pricing strategy.- Support the development of country-level implementation plans to enable the execution of global-level goals and objectives, while maintaining fidelity to national priorities.- Oversee, indirectly, country-level implementation of planned activities, including identifying and addressing technical assistance requirements.- Contribute to the production of donor reports and provide ad hoc donor updates on funded workstreams.- Directly oversee the work of the Senior Diagnostic Associate, Advanced HIV Disease.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Organize and manage technical implementation of CHAI Indonesia vaccines program to align with MoH national strategic plan.- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the vaccines program operation, finance and oversee project performance against work plans and budget.- Oversee the implementation of the vaccines program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, identify key barriers and problem solving, monitoring and reporting, and prioritization.- Provide strategic orientations for future program development in relevant to expansion of vaccine program in Indonesia and inform new funding opportunities to SPM/PD/DCD/CD.- Work closely with the SPM and POs to ensure timely delivery on project activities that involve partner organizations.- Build and manage the POs vaccines team on a day to day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery, to provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to MOH.- Promote effective communication within the POs in order to ensure well-coordinated work streams and other CHAI Indonesia programs.- Monitor POs team performance to ensure objectives are met, support team members with training and development activities, and provide regular update of team development.- Ensure effective communication with the POs, SPM, PD and or Deputy Country Director(DCD)/Country Director (CD), vaccine teams globally and other PMs through regular daily/weekly/monthly meeting.- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at national and sub-national forums.- Play a major role in writing programmatic reports and engaging with other partners including the ITAGI or expert panel in collaboration and under oversight of SPM.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards in closed coordination with SPM and POs.- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Take responsibility for effective documentation and file management within the programs.- Hold the team accountable to CHAI policies, procedures and guidelines, as appropriate and with the program teams, to enhance the smooth running of the programs through standardized procedures and improved support. This may include finance and governance procedures, staff management, fleet management and IT security and infrastructure.- Address POs safety and security matters in collaboration with Safety Point Persons (SPP).- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed in close coordination and collaboration with SPM and PD to recommend to CD on identify strategic areas- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Manager, Program Director and or Deputy Country Director/Country Director when required.
- Support the development of HR strategies and programs to support CHAI’s mission, vision and values;- Provide counsel on procedure and policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues, and local labor laws;- Support in the designing, planning, and implementation of HR systems, policies, procedures and best practices to strengthen country and global HR functions;- Support the development of plans to address succession planning and country team restructuring;- Develop strategies to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention;- Develop tools and guidelines towards strengthening country HR and leadership capacity and continuity;- Maintain in-depth knowledge of country labour and other statutory requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;- Support development, and facilitation of professional development training sessions based on learning gaps and career development;- Partner with, coach and counsel managers and employees on how to manage and resolve country employee relations issues;- Provide support to country program and operations management around performance feedback, coaching, counseling, career development, and identifying and executing appropriate actions up to and including terminations;- Provide mentorship and oversight of country team staff with HR responsibilities;- Lead learning and development activities to promote a respectful workplace, talent development, management skills, and other capacity building needs. Develops, facilitates, and delivers training, and trains other trainers;- Participate as needed in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding;- Participate fully in Global HR projects and initiatives as delegated by the supervisor;- Be a strong advocate of respectful work place principles and safeguarding across country teams;- Act as the Focal Point for safeguarding issues and conduct investigations as directed;- As a Focal Point, receive complaints and counsel (or advise) victims – in addition to conducting investigations;- Build strong relationships with country and program leadership;- Ad hoc administrative tasks and assignments in support of overall global and regional HR management;- This position requires up to 25% international travel, occasionally on short notice and primarily in the Southern Africa region.
- Lead Supply Chain program strategy, activities, work plans, implementation, and reporting- Build strong relationships of support to MoHS counterparts both at management and technical level- Provide direct support to team members with technical analysis, problem solving, planning, relationship management, and prioritisation- Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of supply chain work- Develop capabilities and toolkits related to eLMIS, in order to increase effectiveness and impact- Support supply chain team to ensure the design, planning and implementation of CHAI’s eLMIS improvement work will yield powerful, scalable and sustainable impact- Support development of work plans and manage effective implementation of planned activities- Monitor eLMIS improvement program activities against project goals and commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by CHAI, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Coordinate team engagement with MoHS counterparts to ensure that the work of the team is in line with goals of MoHS and that key DDMS, DPPI and NMSA staff are engaged and supported- Provide advocacy for improved data management and reporting within coordination forums- Train team and SuperUsers on eLMIS system usage and requirements- Liaise with DDMS, DPPI, NMSA, and disease programs to ensure astute knowledge of DHIS2 and mSupply system and foster improved system use and understanding- Lead the team in identifying and effecting required eLMIS modifications and improvements over the course of the program- Ensure that program is implemented hand-in-hand with MoHS counterparts and executed in line with the goal of handover at the end of a 6-month period- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Lead and execute, under the guidance of the Lead PMU, the process of strategy formulation for Immunization PMU in UP to support GoUP achieve its program outcomes timely and effectively.- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization program in UP.- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy.- Develop transformative program review mechanisms to drive performance.- Leverage & integrate multi-modal immunization & other public health data and field insights to deliver evidence-based insights for internal & external immunization program strategy.- Support key government and public health stakeholders in long term planning & program review as well as short term decision making for immunization through advanced data analytics, predictive modelling, situation analysis etc.- Lead, guide and mentor a high-powered Strategy & Insights team capable of designing and delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines.- Lead the strategic & operational planning for the Immunization PMU and undertake regular strategy reviews for course correction.- Ensure strategic alignment across the Immunization PMU sub-teams. Identify opportunities for collaboration and resource optimization across the Immunization PMU interventions.- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies.- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by Immunization PMU Lead.