Click column header to sort
As part of the Global Vaccines Delivery team the Manager, New Vaccine Introductions and Service Delivery (NVISD), will work in collaboration with his/her direct reports, country and program leadership to: (i) support program and grant management, (ii) develop CHAI's vaccines program in the area of new vaccine introductions and service delivery for immunization, (iii) provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of work in focus countries, and (iv) improve national and global practices and policies related to new vaccine introductions and service delivery. His/her work will help to achieve and sustain immunization program outcomes, and also serve as a blueprint to identify powerful interventions to improve health systems which could be adapted for other primary health care programs. 1) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Manage a team of ~5 global associates/technical advisors focusing on new vaccine introductions and service delivery- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives, strategies and milestones regarding new vaccine introductions and service delivery for immunization- In collaboration with country team and regional manager, regularly assess progress against program objectives in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, key risks & opportunities, and action plan going forward- Help improve program team effectiveness and engagement 2) Develop CHAI's vaccines program in the area of new vaccine introduction and immunization service delivery, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Develop/update CHAI’s strategy and thought leadership related to new vaccine introductions and immunization service delivery, both at global and country level, to increase CHAI’s effectiveness and impact- Support fundraising and grant proposal and budget development in line with CHAI’s strategy, model, competing priorities and capabilities, both at country and global level- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and of new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI- Identify how this work related and builds other CHAI’s in-country objectives (e.g. improving vaccine supply chain, supporting sub-national level management systems, ensuring successful transition from Gavi support, etc.), which often require building on strong horizontal management structures. Put in place appropriate mechanisms to ensure cross-fertilization across these objectives.3) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of work in focus countries to dramatically and sustainably improve immunization service delivery and new vaccine introductions, in collaboration with direct reports and regional manager- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with directs and country teams to achieve high and sustainable coverage of new and routine vaccines in CHAI focus countries. Projects to support will include:- Strategize for the efficient and effective rollout of new vaccines while maintaining line of sight for improving routine immunizations- Improve country sustainability of complex new vaccines targeting older age cohorts- Strengthening in-country decision making bodies for designing multi-year new vaccine introduction strategies - Design-Test-Monitor and iterate on pilot service delivery interventions to reduce dropout and zero-dose children while providing strategic guidance toward potential scale and sustainability of localized interventions- Drive continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to service delivery across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to: - Resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, including “rule of thumb” guidance for estimating resource needs for outreaches from available data (e.g. population distance to facility), especially in instances where bottom-up estimates from facilities or communities are unavailable- Improved global policies and guidelines to ensure better coordination across EPI and MNH programs (e.g. updating of WHO’s Safe Birth Checklist to include HepB birth dose vaccination prior to mother/newborn discharge from health facility)- Technical support (tools, information and lessons learned developed across CHAI’s work) provided to country governments and partners and through global mechanisms that support service delivery and/or new vaccine interventions- Support program redesign in light of COVID-19 pandemic and its affects on routine and new immunizations 4) Improve national and global practices and policies related to new vaccine introductions and service delivery, in collaboration with direct reports and program leadership- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., WHO, Gavi, BMGF, UNICEF, PATH, JSI, IHME) and foster effective exchange of know-how with partners- Become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights into the global immunization community and inform global policies and country practices beyond CHAI focus countries, including through Global working groups (e.g., EPI manager meetings, WHO hosted regional meetings, antigen specific global working groups, etc.)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Supervise a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial levels providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support across the portfolio;- Work with CHAI staff, government officials and other partners in program areas;- Identify new market initiatives and grant opportunities;- Work with CHAI staff, government officials, and other partners in the scale-up of health services including strategy and design, development, and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans;- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships;- Coordinate and participate in technical working groups;- Oversee the development and implementation of regular activity-based work plans and budgets for the program and monitor overall program progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion;- Oversee program data to allow for monitoring and evaluation of the program and reporting against program indicators;- Assume responsibility for the program budget including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions;- Prepare annual donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, local and international partners, donors and NGOs and ensure coordination of resources and efforts towards national objectives;- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to the Senior Deputy Country Director and Country Director as required.
Strategy Development- In close collaboration with the Director and other director-level resources across CHAI, provide thought leadership and help lead strategy development for pediatric HIV work, continually identifying new opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Support the development of a comprehensive elimination strategy, in collaboration with hepatitis and syphilis colleagues at CHAI.Management of pediatric HIV treatment scale-up portfolio- Develop, refine, and execute against robust project management plans, budgets and timelines across numerous work streams, track project deliverables and support with donor reporting.- Support pediatric HIV and eMTCT grant operations, collaborating closely with donor, partner organizations, as well as cross-functional CHAI teams, including Research and Development Team, Diagnostics, and Clinical Sciences Team.- Organize and chair effective project team meetings and calls; develop notes and next steps- Review plans and compile reports at key milestones, identifying project risks and helping develop solutions.- Oversee key quantitative analyses around major pediatric HIV and eMTCT programmatic issues, for example, modelling the impact of a proven intervention, and costs to scale these interventions nationally.- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Track scientific and other key developments across the pediatric HIV and eMTCT space and share research findings and implementation lessons across internal and external teams to inform execution.- Develop presentations and provide support as needed to project team leads.- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, e.g., assisting in development and review of work outputs, supporting project management or driving forward workstreams, onboarding for country team staff, supporting fundraising or concept note development, and supporting problem solving.- Supervise a team of 6-8 people, establishing performance goals, ensuring progress towards team milestones, and providing coaching and feedback. Provide project management of other FTE’s without direct reporting relationships and provide cross-team feedback and performance management.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.New Program Development- Work with Director and HAP leadership to identify and fundraise against new pediatric HIV and eMTCT program opportunities.- Support identification of new program opportunities and/or push forward scoping on opportunities identified to date; draft initial materials to engage donors to identify levels of interest and potential fundraising opportunities.- Support fundraising for new opportunities where appropriate.
The DCD is a senior leader of the CHAI-Laos team, responsible for overseeing the effective execution of multiple programmatic strategies and ensuring CHAI provides high-quality support to the Ministry of Health. The role requires strong managerial, communication, and organizational skills. Responsiblities cover both internal and external areas, including management of one or more technical teams along with office operations. Leadership and Strategic Planning- Ensuring the development and execution of a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the Ministry of Health, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Supporting the development of new program areas, including proposal development, engagement with internal and external stakeholders, and donor engagement- Ensuring successful transition of completed programs with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investments Program Oversight and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of one or more program teams; provide support and guidance to program managers and junior staff on strategy and project deliverables- Mentor program managers and senior technical staff as they take on managerial responsibilities- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the country director- Work with program teams to shape new work areas, including project scoping, proposal writing and fundraisingOperations Management - Strengthen and formalize systems and processes for budgeting, financial tracking, and donor and government reporting- Support the operations team to implement and strengthen the internal management of daily operations and ensure alignment with CHAI global policy and practice including:- Human Resource processes and systems including recruiting, onboarding, benefits management- Financial management practices including monthly cash flow and financial reporting- Safety and security policies and ensure consistent implementation across program teams and project locationsStakeholder Relationship Management - Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences- Ensure coordination and communication internally across teams, within country, across countries and globally- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOsOther activities and responsibilities, as needed.
- Oversee day-to-day operations for a multi-site, facility-based Operational Research project, establishing close working relationships with the facility-based project staff at each site, including training, supervising, and supporting all team members responsible for intervention delivery.- Manage successful project implementation, including supporting evidence-based planning of intervention deployment, ensuring patients’ proper participation and navigation through the intervention and existing health care system, ensuring familiarity with local regulations and policies, and developing clear, actionable plans, coordinating completion of action items, summarizing project deliverables, setting deadlines, and tracking milestones.- Design and direct routine monitoring and evaluation activities (data collection, data cleaning, data analyses), to track project progress, and inform continuous improvement, strategic decision-making, and resource allocation.- Synthesize, summarize, draw insights from data analyses, and disseminate findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations and reports. Support translation of project findings to government teams, project staff, and other non-technical partners.- Prepare and deliver project updates and reports to CHAI South Africa’s Senior Leadership Team, the CHAI Global TB Team, and donors as required.- Manage events, meetings, and trainings including scheduling and logistical arrangements, serving as liaison to presenters/invitees, agenda preparation, materials distribution, minutes, follow-up, media, and audio-visual needs.- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions.- Perform other duties as assigned by the TB Program Manager or Senior Management.
- Collaborate with CHAI country teams and government partners to establish a monitoring approach for the AHDP public private partnerships in each country- Support the development of a sustainable data dashboard to measure and track laboratory performance under the PPP that is integrated with existing data systems, as appropriate, such as the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and DHIS2- Build capacity locally as required for maintaining M&E systems, ensuring ongoing data use- Support the Closing the Loop activities in Rwanda and Ghana by conducting analyses including quantitative modeling and qualitative analysis and translate results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations- Identify innovations in each AHDP country that would complement the investment in laboratory systems to ensure improved overall patient care from problem identification to successful treatment- Provide strategic thinking around integration of innovations into the existing health system and a means to assess their impact on health outcomes- Assist with program development and grant management- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support program leadership in overall project management oversight to operationalize and effectively implement the pneumonia & oxygen scale up program strategy in Madhya Pradesh- Support Ministry of Health in Madhya Pradesh to identify and accelerate implementation of highest-impact interventions to reduce pneumonia and diarrhea morbidity/mortality amongst children- Work closely with the Government of MP to identify and bridge gaps in supply chain, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation to ensure sustainability- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national, state, cities), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Ensure compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual aspects of program- Support program leadership in building and managing a high-performing team- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Prepare and present high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements including progress reports, and process documentation- Work in a collaborative environment with EM and other teams- Travel as required to provide on-ground assistance to team(s), partners, and counterparts- Works closely with and draw on CHAI’s global and country expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements for improvement of program design- Should be willing to travel on short notice within state and India with 50-70% travel
- Provide strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight and monitoring of key verticals of the HIV and Syphilis programs portfolio.- Support collaboration between HIV & Syphilis team and CHAI teams involved in creation of an integrated information management system. This would include further helping define a pathway for digital health scale-up, through increasing utilization of technologies such as Artificial Intelligence.- Support exploration and adoption of new strategic areas for support government stakeholders. This includes supporting development of on-going support areas such as extending current Syphilis related work to include STI management- Identify and define CHAI's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Develop strategic and policy briefs to guide programs in newer areas and deepen engagement at the national and state level in areas of precision health approach, advanced HIV disease, HIV self-testing, STI management, and integration with other programs of relevance such as HIV, Hepatitis etc.- Manage effective project implementation, technical research as well as contextualized approaches to achieve project outcomes.- Oversee development and execution of workplans, progress reports, management of budgets and finances in accordance with financial covenants and procedures.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Support external stakeholder management and engagement with donors, health officials and partners- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, in order to effectively communicate CHAI’s achievements in the HIV and Syphilis verticals- Lead recruitment of talent in consonance with project needs and provide guidance/ mentoring to project staff- Provide through leadership and technical support in assessment of programmatic service gaps and develop approaches including proposal development for resource mobilization- Liaise with CHAI’s global teams regarding information about new diagnostics and drugs and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new products as they become available- Other responsibilities as needed
- Manage program by establishing goals and delivery plan, supervising task execution, and monitoring project progress to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget- Craft and execute comprehensive work-plans with Country Support Managers (CSMs) and country teams in line with LST objectives and commitments- Provide technical guidance in development, implementation and management of evidence-based programming consistent with organizational and international best practices, national health plans, and CHAI's strategic plans- Engender practice of sharing best practices within team, and by extension country programs, to ensure strategies, tools and planning processes build upon prior experience and learnings- Keep LST leadership and CSM team members informed of country and global activities so that each can fully anticipate programmatic needs- Work with LST leadership to develop and maintain strong internal and external relations, including but not limited to country teams and leadership, and public and private sector partners- Manage collection of procurement data, development of forecasts, and communication of findings with internal and external partners- Identify and develop new program and funding opportunities and develop and manage relationships with existing and potential donors- Perform other responsibilities, as requested by supervisor and program directors
- Serve as a key advisor to Ministries of Health, CHAI country teams, and in-country and global partners on the expansion of access to diagnostic testing, and utilizing the capacity of the private sector to strengthen diagnostic systems.- Act as the focal person for specific project countries and manage the relationship between the Global Laboratory Services Team (LST) and country offices.- Support countries in determining the structure and scope of PPP agreements that meet their needs to strengthen their diagnostic capacity.- Provide evidence-based advice to countries to inform the development of PPP agreements. Support countries with necessary financial modelling, economic analysis and monitoring of health improvements resulting from the PPP agreements.- Assist Ministries of Health in determining evaluation criteria for PPP bids and metrics to assess potential partners.- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from LST to address technical issues.- Support countries to monitor and performance manage agreements with private sector partners and hold them to account for delivery of key performance indicators.- Lead development of lessons learned and other evaluative evidence of the program across countries and synthesize into policy-friendly learning products.- Conduct analysis across countries to assess key performance metrics and develop presentation materials showcasing the impact of the project and inform project strategy moving forward.- Support country offices to develop key communication materials summarizing progress and key achievements of PPP arrangements in-country.