Click column header to sort
- Serve as a thought leader and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance and health information systems can be leveraged to strengthened malaria programs in Cameroon- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and expertly coordinate in-country and global CHAI teams and resources to ensure Cameroon-specific project goals are met- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines- Ensure achievable project plans are in place and integrated with team priorities and support execution of activities- Formulate and conduct high quality technical outputs and promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across CHAI, government, non-governmental organizations, and local institutions working on relevant informatics, data analysis and surveillance activities- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them- Other responsibilities as needed
The responsibilities of the Finance Manager include ensuring that all accounts are correct and up to date, producing financial reports used by the leadership team for management and decision-making purposes, contribute to producing annual financial report, prepare for annual audit, etc. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Country Manager and will be an integral member of the CHAI Senegal Operations team, supporting the program team in discharging their duties. The Finance Manager may supervise other operations and support staff, building their capacity and ensuring smooth running of operations. Because of the fluid nature of our work, specific responsibilities may change over time and these responsibilities listed here should not be construed as being comprehensive but rather indicative of what is expected: Accounting: - - Ensure quality and accurate transactions, finance returns and reports/summaries - Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing balance sheet reconciliations including Bank and Cash- Prepare and submit for approval to the CD all vouchers for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project- Review advances and coordinate payment of invoices for field activity and staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and the settlement of advances in a timely manner.- Review expenditure reports (preliminaries & finals) and prepare adjustments; review variance analysis; investigate variances and comment.- Prepare variance reports of expenditure against funding and approved budgets for the country leadership- Prepare the expense allocation guide and employee allocations, with guidance from the accounting team in Boston- Review payrolls and validate employee’s payroll and benefits (Pension, Severances, Tax, Insurance)- Process or contribute to the periodic tax return and complete reporting of tax formalities to the local authorities where required. - Manage financial month end closing and year end processes including ensuring timely submissions to Boston’s finance- Manage and maintain CHAI financial management system, financial records including supporting approvals for the financial transactions per CO document retention policy- Contribute the improvement of financial systems and processes in the Country Office (CO), recommending changes to provide timely and appropriate financial information to CHAI’s grant managers and donors- Coordinate and liaise with Boston’s Accounting team on financial reports and follow up on supplemental information as required.- Maintain and safeguard CHAI assets, ensure monthly Depreciation, reconciliations carry out periodic physical verifications per CHAI policy Financial Planning & Analysis- Provide financial planning, budgeting & country resource allocation management guidance and support by working closely with the CD - Assist the CD in planning country operations to support program activities - Ensure proper budget monitoring and timely reporting internally within the organization and externally to donors and local government as prescribed by the statutes - Prepare expenditure analysis for overall program and field offices in the CO as required - Support program staff in developing proposal budgets and budget revisions for donors. - Provide information related to costing and operational needs to support program implement Support Grant Tracker review by ensuring the veracity of the information in the Grant Trackers on a monthly basis - Ensure that all donor- financial reporting requirements are complied with and that donor financial reports are submitted in a timely manner Legal, Compliance & risk management- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and kept up to date, liaising with International Controller in Boston - Monitor the compliance manual and formulated recommendations where appropriate to promote effectiveness. - Maintain a proper monitoring system of partner expenses by facilitating periodic reviews of accounts and ledgers and maintain up to date reports per donor requirements- Prepare and coordinate annual audits, donor specific audits/assessments and CHAI internal audits - Ensure follow-up with audit observations and maintain an up-to-date remediation log - Review MOU/MOA/Independent contracts and send for approval to Contracts team for review- Ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements - Execute leases and contracts for supply of good and services under the CD leadership. - Ensure compliance with CHAI procurement policies and guidelines at all times - Assist the CD and program managers in processing exceptional approvals- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of country government regulations and share the same with Boston where necessary- Review the remittances of all applicable taxes in accordance with legal requirements in the country- Conduct spot checks in the main office in the CO and field offices to ensure internal control are working- Facilitate in country capacity assessments by potential donors - Lead on and support programme teams in assessments and building financial management capacity of CHAI implementing Partners - Provide overall management and co-ordination of the work of the finance teams in the country - Acting as a business partner to other functional leads e.g. Programs, Operations- Promote professional development amongst finance team though coaching and mentoring - Champion finance and risk management onboarding/induction of new hires Treasury- Manage the country treasury function (cash, bank, receivables and payables) and ensure adequate resources are available for both administrative and programmatic spending - Manage local payments & process wire requests to Boston - Prepares cash projections for the programs; Prepares fund requests for programs and operations; - Manages monthly cash forecasting and cash requests for projects - Liaise and communicate with Boston finance team to ensure good flow of information, including raising awareness on areas of risk or concern
Poste CHAI recherche un/une chargé(e) de programme pour concevoir et superviser le programme de renforcement du système de santé de CHAI au Burkina Faso. Dans ce rôle, le/la chargé(e) de programme élaborera et dirigera la mise en œuvre de l'appui de CHAI au ministère de la Santé en travaillant étroitement avec les principaux décideurs du ministère de la santé et leurs partenaires. Il ou elle encadrera une équipe d'associé(s), d'associé(s) senior(s) et de conseiller(s) technique(s).Le ou la chargé(e) de programme travaillera en tant que membre de l'équipe de renforcement des systèmes de santé et collaborera avec les autres chargé(e)s dans leurs domaines de travail respectifs. L'étendue du travail peut inclure, mais n'est pas limitée à : 1) l'amélioration de la durabilité du programme de soins gratuits en tant que mécanisme de financement essentiel pour les services destinés aux femmes et aux filles, 2) l'opérationnalisation de la vision du gouvernement pour " un plan, un budget, un rapport " au niveau sous national pour améliorer l'efficacité des ressources, 3) l'utilisation et le renforcement des capacités analytiques pour l'utilisation des données aux niveaux central et sous national, et 4) autres projets pour le financement et le renforcement des systèmes de santé. On s'attend à ce que les défis auxquels le gouvernement est confrontéévoluent au fil du temps et, par conséquent, le travail sera diversifié, et ce rôle exige un forte capacité d'adaptation et de réflexion créative. Le ou la chargé(e) de programme doit parler couramment le français et l'anglais, et avoir d'excellentes compétences en matière de développement de relations et de communication, en particulier avec les parties prenantes du ministère de la Santéà tous les niveaux du système. Il ou elle doit être capable de fonctionner de manière indépendante avec un minimum de supervision, avoir un fort engagement envers l'excellence avec un sens aigu du détail, et rendre compte efficacement de l'avancement du projet. En outre, le ou la chargé(e) de programme doit avoir une bonne compréhension de l'application des connaissances et du processus de prise de décision fondé sur des données probantes.Ce poste offre une occasion unique de travailler en étroite collaboration avec un gouvernement qui s'est engagéà garantir l'accès universel aux soins de santé par le biais de réformes historiques et innovantes.Responsabilités :- Diriger le programme de renforcement du système de santé de la CHAI Burkina Faso et assurer une conception efficace et une livraison réussie des projets clés, en travaillant en étroite collaboration avec les parties prenantes du gouvernement. S'assurer que les livrables du projet et l'assistance technique continue répondent aux besoins du gouvernement et aux normes de qualité de CHAI.- Superviser une équipe d'associés et d'associés seniors ayant des parcours professionnels et éducatifs vairés et travailler avec le leadership de CHAI au niveau pays pour mettre en oeuvre des initiatives de renforcement des capacités et de développement des talents.- Agir en tant que conseiller clé auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement et appuyer les réformes de renforcement des systèmes de santé par le biais d'activités clés du portefeuille de CHAI. Cela comprendra, sans s'y limiter, les efforts suivants :- Un projet visant àévaluer et à améliorer la viabilité financière du programme phare du ministère de la santé de gratuité des soins, en effectuant des analyses de viabilité solides et en conseillant le gouvernement sur les stratégies optimales pour augmenter le financement et améliorer l'efficacité de la gestion des ressources.- Un appui pour renforcer les pratiques de planification et de budgétisation aux niveaux central et périphérique, ainsi que pour renforcer la coordination de l’aide extérieure et la mobilisation des ressources nationales, afin d'aider le gouvernement à définir et à financer les principales priorités du secteur de la santé.- Un appui au renforcement des capacités des acteurs du ministère de la santé qui mettra l'accent sur l'amélioration de la disponibilité et de l'utilisation des données pour la prise de décisions techniques et politiques, y compris pour une meilleure gestion financière.- D'autres projets de renforcement du système de santé et de financement de la santéà définir fin 2022-début 2023.- Conseiller le gouvernement sur la conception et mise en œuvre d'un plan de financement à moyen et long terme pour le renforcement du système de santé primaire et l’atteinte des objectifs de la couverture sanitaire universelle.- Diriger les processus internes de planification stratégique et de budgétisation liés aux axes de travail du programme et superviser les performances par rapport aux plans de travail et aux budgets. Cela comprendra l'élaboration de la nouvelle phase de travail à la fin de 2022/début de 2023 avec la direction de CHAI et d'autres membres de l'équipe.- Définir le portefeuille d’appui de CHAI en financement et renforcement des système de santé de CHAI Burkina Faso avec le reste de l'équipe de gestion de la CHAI Rwanda et l'équipe de financement de la santé mondiale.- Rechercher des opportunités de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de la CHAI et d'autres institutions partenaires, en aidant à construire une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation et à se tenir au courant des principales tendances et recherches mondiales.- Autres responsabilités potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
- Define the Country Team's overall strategy, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies- Oversee the financial management of the program, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning- Develop and manage program budgets in collaboration with program staff- Support human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff- Oversee internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal and financial teams- Support fundraising efforts, including new program development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors- Manage processes for internal and donor reporting- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at public forums- Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners and establish new partnerships- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged- Facilitate communications and coordination between stakeholders- Lead the M&E development and implementation plans of CHAI supported interventions and lead the country team in the preparation of donor reports- Manage sub grantees and ensure compliance with donor requirements- Ensure CHAI complies with all legal requirements of PNG- Ensure high staff performance, strategic thinking, efficient planning, and reorientation as needed- Model a strong work ethic, demonstrate leadership and motivate all members of country team, managing human resources and ensuring compliance with all government, donor, and CHAI HR policies- Oversee security risk management planning, staff and visitor training, and SOP adherence in collaboration with the regional and global safety & security team- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Needs assessment development:- Review country-specific documents and reports to develop a perspective of the Country's COVID-19 diagnostic landscape, weaknesses, and opportunities- Assess existing systemic and individual capacities for COVID-19 diagnostic management- Site activations for broad expansion of antigen testing into all regions and decentralized to lower-level health facilities:- Development and deployment of site selection criteria for antigen testing expansion:- Support site identification and activation for testing scale-up and upscale implementation- Support the activities of testing facilities on COVID-19 and other diseases of interest per the Global Fund Project framework- Support and participate in supervisory activities at the national and site level- Task shifting to lower-level cadres:- Support the development, review, enaction, and implementation of policies to guide testing by non-laboratory professionals such as Community health workers and/or Lay cadres- Guide management team on non-laboratory personnel recruitment, engagement, training, and performance management- Expanding the use cases accessible to testing at the health facilities:- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that focus on processes, workflow, and throughput so the lab can efficiently and effectively handle growth while maintaining high-quality standards- Scaling up community-based testing deployment, developing strategies, and monitoring implementation:- Provide technical support to the MOH, Thematic Working Groups, and other relevant stakeholders to properly implement project initiatives, including community-based testing, capacity building, and compliance with testing algorithms and procedures- Provide technical support in the delivery of high-quality testing services for COVID-19 and other priority diseases, laboratory quality assurance, data and waste management- Support the delivery of devices and test kits to selected testing sites- Develop and adherence to national testing algorithm and maintain continuous learning and updating testing strategies- Other responsibilities as needed
The Oxygen Scientist is a member of the Oxygen program team of the CHAI-DRC, responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating all program activities. Theywill report directly to the Associate Director, Diagnostics and Supply Chain. This role requires strong technical, managerial, communication, and organizational skills. The Oxygen Scientist will be based in Kinshasa, with the following specific responsibilities:- Collaborate with CHAI DRC team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal.- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain, infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment and equipment maintenance, including supporting the development of job aids, and training materials.- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for oxygen interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed.- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the current program, leveraging current analysis to drive action, as well as assisting with the development of sustainable M&E frameworks and tools for the Ministry of Health to see and manage data over the long term.- Support the Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings.- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise.- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19.- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership.- Provide technical support to MoH in developing a strategic oxygen roadmap to expand access to oxygen beyond COVID-19 to cover treatment access to other SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection).- Lead the installation and effective management of PSA in different provinces.- Lead the introduction and implementation of medical liquid oxygen in DRC.- Other relevant tasks as requested.
- Contribute to the strategic technical vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation update.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs to support evidence-based decisions across various technical areas (e.g., vector control, case management, surveillance, finance), including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and regional academic institutions working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Provide technical supervision, mentorship and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, co-manage the implementation of the National Strategy for Health Professions Development (NSHPD) monitoring and evaluation plan:- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to identify priority M&E indicators from the finalized M&E plan for immediate data collection and analysis;- Work with the University of Rwanda, other training institutions, health facilities and professional councils to gather available data on prioritized M&E indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to analyze and develop report on prioritized indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a broader plan for routine data reporting and use in consultation with UR, other relevant training institutions, professionals councils and health facilities;- Operationalize systems for data collection, verification, analysis, reporting, and use; including training (as needed) and supporting teaching institutions to manage and report on necessary data;- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary oversee the NSHPD program’s routine monitoring systems and ensure monitoring data is available and presented in an effective way to inform programmatic decision-making ;- Analyze, synthesize, and present M&E data on an ongoing basis to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and make corresponding recommendations to NSHPD program management.- In collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, identify and design additional evaluations or studies as appropriate.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to conduct an appraisal of existing centralized HRH Information Systems (HRHIS) and tools in use in Rwanda.- In consultation with the deputy Executive Secretary and with support of relevant stakeholders, develop a proposed model for routine data collection and consolidation into information system.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a costed roadmap for implementation of the HRHIS.- Support the deputy Es to mobilize resource for the implementation of the HRHIS.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Regional support (~50% LOE)- Provide strategic insights to the development of country programs as well as the overall CHAI TB program- Serve as a trusted advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of topics relating to access to medicines and diagnostic devices (e.g., drug quality and pricing, market intelligence, regimen optimization, diagnostic accuracy and pricing, procurement, forecasting, new product introduction, product tradeoffs, costing exercises, implementation planning and scale-up)- Support the introduction of new, improved, or less costly medicines by supporting country teams with the development of new product roll-out strategies for Ministries of Health- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders- Provide analytic support to improve data utilization to improve TB program decision making and identify opportunities to increase program efficiencies- Develop and leverage expertise in procurement best practices for medicines and other health commodities in low resource settings- Build country capacity on quantification and forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimize wastage and costs- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between CHAI country teams and global team members (including the laboratory services and HIV teams and other programs)- Share best practices and key supply dynamics and access-to-medicine issues across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and program experiences- Provide mentorship and guidance to country support associates and country staff- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant deliverables across CHAI focal countries- Partner with country teams to devise strategies to achieve grant objectives in line with country priorities- Responsible for reporting and annual reviews for donors and internal CHAI leadership- Responsible for maintaining up to date expertise on MDR-TB patient identification to cure practices and knowledge sharing among internal CHAI teams- Support CHAI TB director & associate director in budgeting/fundraising and team management as needed- Anticipated 30-40% travel regionallyCHAI Vietnam focused support (~50% LOE)- Provide technical assistance and general project management support to the CHAI Vietnam Country Team’s designated project lead (and other country team members) with the day-to-day project management of two upcoming operational studies that leverage innovative technologies for diagnosis and surveillance of TB at the country level (approximately ~50% LOE).
Project management and coordination- Lead and drive the success of the initiative working collaboratively and coordinating with internal CHAI teams and external partners - Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project - Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved - Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levelsProblem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements - Support formulation of sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersTeam management and communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities - Working closely with the regional managers, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries - Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams. - Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materials- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countriesDonor financial reporting and communications- Contribute to development of project and financial donor reports, including supporting coordination of regular donor updates, soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities - Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables - Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications.