Click column header to sort
- Serve as a key advisor to Ministries of Health, CHAI country teams, and in-country and global partners on the expansion of access to diagnostic testing, and utilization of private sector capacity to strengthen diagnostic systems.- Develop comprehensive assessment of the national labs system and design attractive investment case for improving it.- Act as the focal person for specific project countries and manage the relationship between the Global Laboratory Services Team (LST) and country offices.- Support countries in determining the structure and scope of PPP agreements that meet their needs to strengthen their diagnostic capacity.- Provide evidence-based advice to countries to inform the development of PPP agreements. Support countries with necessary financial modelling, economic analysis and monitoring of health improvements resulting from the PPP agreements.- Assist Ministries of Health in determining evaluation criteria for PPP bids and metrics to assess potential partners.- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from LST to address technical issues.- Develop system for monitoring and performance management for the contracts with private sector partners and hold them accountable for delivery of key performance indicators.- Create clear lessons learned and best practices among other evaluative evidence across program countries and synthesize into actionable policy guidance and learning products.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Project Management and Coordination- Lead and drive the success of the project working collaboratively and coordinating with relevant internal and external partners- Influence internal CHAI teams to drive project forward- Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project- Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved- Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levels- Problem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements Team Management and Communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities- Working closely with the Regional Manager, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries- Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materialsExternal Partner Engagement- Develop and monitor a partner engagement plan across the project to outline roles and responsibilities, collaboration approaches, and communicationsCoordinate formal partnerships for the project- Formulate sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersProject and Financial Reporting and Communications- Lead development of project and financial donor reports, including soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities- Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables- Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications.- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countries
- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the laboratory program operation, finance and oversee project performance against work plans and budget- Organize and manage implementation of CHAI Cambodia laboratory program to achieve maximal health impact- Support National Laboratory Systems Strengthening to enhance COVID-19 molecular and Antigen Testing programs and other services including HIV, TB and Malaria- Conduct national assessment of laboratory capacity to identify gaps and opportunities for laboratory systems strengthening investments, in collaboration with MoH and other health partners- Support integrated laboratory system strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MOH (e.g. supply chain, data, etc.)- Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling and self-tests- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of lab programs and assess progress against project goals- Draft programmatic reports and engage with Laboratory Consortium partners on the ground- Work with CHAI global laboratory services team to assess market challenges, analyze market outlook, and to evaluate potential market shaping intervention- Develop and maintain strong engagement with key stakeholders and partners on laboratory space, including subnational levels and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Build and manage the Laboratory team on a day-to-day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection to maximize health impact and lead proposal development as needed- Work closely with the CHAI Global Laboratory Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Country Director/Country Director
In partnership with and at the request of the Ministry of Health, working together with and supported by the EOC & Oxygen Team, the Associate will provide the targeted support in strengthen coordination in following areas:- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee to strengthen the collaboration between key internal and external logistics stakeholders to avoid and eliminate possible duplication of commodity support.- Maintain the COVID-19 Logistics Estimation and Modeling Tool in response to the emerging epidemiological situation by collaborating with the key departments/centers/hospitals. This Excel-based tool provides minimum and maximum stock quantity estimations for critical commodity requirements at central, provincial, and district warehouses and health facilities. This tool also enables the continuous tracking of pledges and good received and distribution requirements based on needs.- Support the COVID-19 Logistics Committee and key departments and centers in ensuring commodity needs and gaps are clear, and to coordinate donor support, including the process of coordinating, maintaining, regularly updating, and sharing the COVID-19 logistic master lists to both internal and external stakeholders.- Support Development Partner and MOH Coordination, including the development of monthly stock status and need updates and supporting coordination as needed between the committee and donors/stakeholders.- Update the stock monitoring and distribution planning processes based on the 2021-2022 COVID-19 logistic estimates, including support for COVID-19 vaccine distribution, by strengthening command and coordination between central and sub-national COVID-19 logistic committee on stock availability at the sub-national level.- Support sub-national visibility into COVID-19 equipment and supplies by mapping the central and sub-national COVID-19 item distribution processes and stakeholders and identifying improvements. Ensuring information is available for critical stakeholders and feeds into the existing coordination mechanism to avoid duplication and to rapidly address gaps in essential commodities.- Othre responsibilities as needed.Deliverables 2021L- Develop and regularly maintain a live version of the COVID-19 logistic gaps and needs, accessible to internal and external stakeholders- Develop the short-term process and central tool for tracking/monitoring the laboratory products received and distributed in alignment with the defined national gaps and needs, since laboratory items are tracked separately by NCLE and haven’t been integrated into the national LMIS system (mSupply)- Technical report summarizing 2021 progress and challenges
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to national malaria programs in Southern Africa to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Develop management capacity and malaria expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national malaria programs- Support CHAI staff to think critically to identify national malaria program and health systems gaps and leverage the use of epidemiological evidence to guide-decision making regarding CHAI’s malaria elimination support- Coordinate support from CHAI’s Malaria Analytics and Surveillance, Case Management Support, and Financing Teams, as required, to enhance national country-level support, ensure technical soundness of strategies, and achieve program progress- Work collaboratively with CHAI country teams and provide thought partnership, strategic guidance, and back-stopping support to country program managers and staff across the region.- Support all CHAI malaria staff in the region to develop annual work plans and assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with country and CHAI leadership teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by CHAI team members, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Streamline communications between Global Malaria leadership and technical staff and country offices, and provide regular updates on opportunities and progress to each- Facilitate coordination of activities between country teams within the region and act as liaison for learning from other regions- Synthesize CHAI’s best practices, products, and approaches and work to institutionalize knowledge to maintain consistency of CHAI support across countries and regions- Lead donor reporting for region, working alongside country teams to develop programmatic and financial updates- Represent CHAI at regional meetings and conferences and develop and maintain relationships with regional partners to ensure coordinated activities- Support budgeting process, including working with country teams to determine annual allocations and identify under- or over-spends, and liaising with technical experts during the costing and reforecasting of budgets- Identify opportunities to engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s work- Explore new opportunities, engage with country offices during development of funding proposals to ensure joint ownership and sufficient program capacity for execution of funded projects- Direct line management of a 3-person team providing strategic guidance and mentorship to achieve team goals- Manage CHAI's country operations in Angola and Namibia, including direct oversight of the country budget and human resources, and coordinating with CHAI headquarters to ensure streamlined local operations- Other responsibilities as needed
- Develop and oversee the strategic direction and implementation of the COVID-19 program, ensuring consistent improvements in equitable access based on and support to government-led initiatives.- Nuture and scale up new initiatives that help improve access to testing and treatment through the national and state engagements.- Create an enabling environment with the government and partners for the team to deliver on objectives.- Coordinate with the other teams to exchange ideas and ensure timely delivery and progress on the envisaged operational plans.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with MoHFW, ICMR, other government stakeholders and key partners at a senior level.- Play the high-level representational role with the government, donors, partners, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels.- Provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a senior level representative of the organization.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered and multi-location team of motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues.- Build the program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Undertake donor and grant management and manage the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames.- Work with leadership to further the scope of the program and identify news areas where the organization can deliver value.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Director.
- Support departments to develop grant proposal budgets, as well as internal departmental budgets and reforecasts.- Maintain grant requirements and planning modules in the organization's Finance System.- Recommend budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures.- Lead in the preparation of financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, and ensure all fund activities are in compliance with the organization and grantor requirements.- Monitor cash flow and foreign exchange fluctuations- Work directly with the Director of Budgeting & Reporting and CFO to validate reports- Assist in the development of multi-year strategic plans.- Analyze complex financial data and generate summary reports of the relevant information.- Review costs and perform cost-benefit analyses related to projects and/or programs.- Maintain budget monitoring models and grant tracking models.- Prepare financial trend and scenario analyses.- Develop budgeting and other financial management reference materials and facilitate training and sharing of best practices with departments.- Work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work.- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of major program and management issues in the region(s) and departments supported.- Participate in ad hoc projects and analyses as needed.
Program Management- Lead Country Support team to oversee and ensure successful execution of CHAI’s HIV and grant priorities across high-burden HIV countries and regions. The Country Support team works with CHAI country teams to provide end-to-end technical assistance to governments through a blend of advocacy, relationship building, and strategic resource development.- Engage with country leadership to garner buy-in on program objectives, solicit their support for problem resolution, and ensure HIV treatment optimization projects are prioritized.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV and other HIV commodity access topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve as required.- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on HIV projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Promote global supply security and uninterrupted access to ARVs through coordination with CHAI’s HIV Market Intelligence team, the ARV Procurement Working Group, and supporting effective national-level monitoring and responding to supply challenges as they arise.- Support the adaptation of both CHAI’s work and national HIV programs to respond to the current global COVID-19 pandemic and support efforts to build more resilient national HIV programs.Team Management- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Strategy Development- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s demand-side HIV treatment optimization strategy – including market entry strategy and scale-up strategies for adult and pediatric HIV treatment commodities – in collaboration with the Senior Director, HAP.- Contribute to development of CHAI’s overall HIV strategy, including development of goals, strategies, and resource mobilization.- Collaborate in shaping CHAI’s ARV Strategy, with a focus on ensuring appropriate prioritization of the product pipeline and activities based on the needs of PLHIV and national governments.- Participate in the development and execution of innovative market shaping and market access strategies, such as catalytic procurement initiatives and related operational research, volume guarantees, and development partnerships.- Engage with donors and collaborate with the Senior Director to develop innovative ideas and write grant proposals to strengthen HIV treatment programs.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s HIV treatment agenda.Global Stakeholder Engagement- Manage and build relationships with various external stakeholders, including UN organizations, donors, implementing partners, community partners, technical partners, and suppliers.- Develop partner engagement strategy, and oversee partner engagement by Country Support team members.- Represent CHAI in international fora to guide product development priorities, global guidance, and coordination to accelerate the development and increase uptake of optimal new treatment products, such as the Global Accelerator for Paediatric Formulations (Gap-F), the Child Survival Working Group, FP 2020, etc.
- Drive CHAI’s relationship and positioning with Ministry of Health to provide transformative support for health information utilization and systems through a Health Information program- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within programs by supporting, motivating uptake, and providing technical support to MoH and CHAI teams to define information needs, ensure regular access and uptake of core data, and conduct necessary analyses to improve public health outcomes- Manage a small team on a variety of projects to improve data availability, quality, and utilization, including the implementation of the Common Geo-Registry (CGR) platform and supporting governance structures for geospatial data management across the Ministry of Health- Ensure appropriate systems design and technological maintenance of health information technologies including modifications to DHIS2 and software integrations between the national eLMIS (mSupply) and DHIS2, as well as between the CGR and DHIS2- Identify and address health information and systems capacity building needs, ensuring skills transfer and government ownership in all projects- Manage project workplans and budget(s) and ensure MoH and donor reporting requirements are satisfied on time and of a high quality- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and reports, and initiation of new projects for health information in Lao PDR - Any other tasks as requested by the country leadership team
The Program Manager (PM) will lead efforts to deliver the objectives of the paediatric cancer program, under the guidance and direction of the Senior Program Manager (SPM) and or Program Director (PD) and direct reporting to the SPM. He/She will provide both strategic and technical direction for the program, overseeing its development and assuming responsibility for high quality delivery. PM will maintain the relationship and communication with key stakeholders, including hospital centers, NCD of MoH, provincial & district health offices, paediatrics collegium/expert panels, paediatric cancer foundations, along with relevant Program Officers (POs). In coordination with SPM and or PD, PM will also work closely with relevant CHAI’s Global team, other CHAI Country PMs, other international partners, and other national stakeholders. - Develop and carry out scoping for Paediatric Cancer program, analyze the existing problems in clinical management guidelines, availability of key medicines for pediatric cancers, identify supply chain problems and propose some feasible alternatives/solutions- Support CHAI global cancer team to manage the development and maintenance of database, analyses, and framework to assist in monitoring the global cancer market and identifying solutions to improve access to cancer medicines.- Work with CHAI global cancer team to assess market challenges, analyse market outlook, and production economic across cancer medicine products, and to evaluate potiential market shaping intervention or other potential methodologies.- Develop and maintain strong engagement and open communication channel with key stakeholders on paediatric cancer, including hospital center leaders, paediatrics collegium, NCD on MoH, provincial & district health offices, supply chain/pharmacy units, etc.- Organize and manage technical implementation of CHAI Indonesia paediatric cancer program to achieve targets.- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the paediatric cancer program operation, finance and oversee project performance against work plans and budget.- Oversee the implementation of the paediatric cancer program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, identify key barriers and problem solving, monitoring and reporting, and prioritization of workplan.- Provide strategic orientations for future program development in relevant to expansion of paediatric cancer program in Indonesia and inform new funding opportunities to SPM/PD/DCD/CD.- Work closely with the SPM, Data Officers and other related POs to ensure timely delivery on project activities that involve partner organizations.- Build and manage the team on a day-to-day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery, to provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to hospital centers.- Promote effective communication to ensure well-coordinated work streams and other CHAI Indonesia programs.- Monitor the progress to ensure objectives are met, support team with training and development activities, and provide regular update.- Ensure effective communication with the Data Officer, related PO, SPM, PD and or Deputy Country Director(DCD)/Country Director (CD), global team and other PMs through regular daily/weekly/monthly meeting.- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at national and sub-national forums.- Play a major role in writing programmatic reports and engaging with other partners including the IDAI or expert panel.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Cancer Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards in closed coordination with SPM and PD.- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Take responsibility for effective documentation and file management within the programs.- Hold the team accountable to CHAI policies, procedures and guidelines, as appropriate and with the program teams, to enhance the smooth running of the programs through standardized procedures and improved support. This may include finance and governance procedures, staff management, fleet management and IT security and infrastructure.- Address team safety and security matters in collaboration with Safety Point Persons (SPP).- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Manager, Program Director and or Deputy Country Director/Country Director.