Click column header to sort
- Support country teams across the region to effectively implement CHAI’s programs accelerating access to high quality adult and pediatric treatment and ensuring achievement of CHAI’s grant objectives- Act as a thought leader of CHAI’s HIV Access Program across the Southern Africa region, working in collaboration with country teams and leadership to develop and guide strategies to improve access to high-quality HIV treatment across the region and address service gaps, identify national and regional priorities, support the development and implementation of appropriate programs and interventions, and fundraising as needed- Through a blend of advocacy, relationship-building, and evidence dissemination, and in coordination with the country and HIV Access Program leadership, make an effective case for optimal ARV introduction to governments and key opinion leaders. This may include preparing cost analyses to help governments see the budgetary impact of product shifts, developing different introduction scenarios, and collating, translating, and disseminating clinical information- Help governments ensure an uninterrupted supply of optimal ARVs to the region by building stock monitoring tools and dashboards and working closely with procurement agents and government logistics units to understand and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines- Help countries build their capacity on quantification issues through leadership in forecasting workshops, participation in technical working groups, and/or training of forecasting models, in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste, and minimize costs- Catalyze and coordinate the drafting of rollout planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure smooth implementation of ARV product shifts- With a client-focused approach, serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV access topics- Conduct routine grant management and reporting activities- Support the country team and program leadership in other relevant duties, such as fundraising or capacity building initiatives, as required
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to national malaria programs in the Greater Mekong Subregion to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious programmatic goals on aggressive timelines- Develop management capacity and malaria expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national malaria programs- Support CHAI staff to think critically to identify national malaria program and health systems gaps and leverage the use of epidemiological evidence to guide-decision making regarding CHAI’s malaria elimination support- Coordinate support from CHAI’s Malaria Analytics and Surveillance, Case Management Support, and Financing Teams, as required, to enhance national country-level support, ensure technical soundness of strategies, and achieve program progress- Work collaboratively with CHAI country teams and provide thought partnership, strategic guidance, and back-stopping support to country program managers and staff across the region.- Support all CHAI malaria staff in the region to develop annual work plans and assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, , including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with country and Global- Malaria leadership to strengthen programs as necessary- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by CHAI team members, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Streamline communications between Global Malaria leadership and technical staff and country offices, and provide regular updates on opportunities and progress to each- Facilitate coordination of activities between country teams within the region and act as liaison for learning from other regions- Synthesize CHAI’s best practices, products, and approaches and work to institutionalize knowledge to maintain consistency of CHAI support across countries and regions- Manage budgeting across all technical areas, including working with country teams to determine annual allocations and identify under- or over-spends, and liaising with technical experts during the costing and reforecasting of budgets- Lead donor reporting for region, working alongside country teams to develop programmatic and financial updates- Represent CHAI at regional meetings and conferences and develop and maintain relationships with regional partners to ensure coordinated activities.- Collaborate with global technical staff to engage global experts and partners and facilitate their work in the region as appropriate.- Explore new opportunities, engage with country offices during development of funding proposals to ensure joint ownership and sufficient program capacity for execution of funded projects- Other responsibilities as needed
- Manage a team of highly motivated, and high-performing individuals with diverse work and educational backgrounds and work with HR to lead and support talent management initiatives, succession planning and provision of continuous feedback and capacity building to staff;- Oversee and coordinate activities across multiple work streams, managing communication with CHAI global support teams, and ensuring monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements to program donors are met;- Support program implementation and execution of high-quality data-driven interventions and guide evidence-based decision-making regarding policies, guidelines, and program operations;- Provide technical guidance and oversee quality of deliverables and ensure that communications and work products that are shared externally meet CHAI standards;- Act as a key advisor to government stakeholders and support in the design and implementation of new or improved health financing systems to improve resource coordination and efficiency;- Respond to government requests by defining and carrying out health financing technical assistance projects. This includes providing strategic and technical input, as well as training and quality assurance;- Identify and develop medium-term scopes of work to address key policy issues in Burkina Faso, and potentially other countries in the West Africa region. As needed work with CHAI managers to fundraise to meet these needs;- Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within country, region and organization;- Other potential tasks assigned by supervisor
- In close cooperation with the HRH Secretariat, co-manage the design and implementation of the National Strategy for Health Professions Development (NSHPD) monitoring and evaluation system:- Refine indicator framework for the program- Design and implement baseline evaluation- In consultation with external technical experts, design and execute credible and feasible outcome/impact evaluation for the program, including comprehensive baseline data collection at the outset of the program- Design and implement discrete project evaluations- Design and set-up “micro-evaluation fund’ for Rwandan faculty and partners to conduct applied research activities within their domains- Operationalize systems for data collection, verification, analysis, reporting, and use; including training (as needed) and supporting teaching institutions to manage and report on necessary data- Work closely with information systems developer to establish systems that can generate reports and display dashboard for key indicators- Design tools and processes for periodic process evaluations for the program to answer key implementation questions and provide relevant and timely recommendations to improve the program- In collaboration with HRH Secretariat Team, identify and design additional evaluations or studies as appropriate- Oversee the program’s routine monitoring systems in close coordination with the HRH Secretariat and ensure monitoring data is available and presented in an effective way to inform programmatic decision-makingAnalyze, synthesize, and present M&E data on an ongoing basis to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and make corresponding recommendations to NSHPD program management- Facilitate periodic (e.g. biannual) reviews to report routine monitoring data to stakeholders- In collaboration with HRH Secretariat Team, author internal reports, external reports and scientific papers as required- Partner closely with designated counterparts in the HRH Secretariat, MOH, and MOE/University of Rwanda monitoring and evaluation departments and engage in intentional bi-directional capacity building- Liaise with HRH team, implementation partners and external experts to ensure a collaborative and high-quality approach to monitoring and evaluating the program
- Provide thought partnership to program directors and managers on key success factors such as designing of team structures, aligning of talent requirement, augmenting of skills, and planning for team growth.- Act as an advisor to determine effective recruitment strategies that ensure appropriate links with succession planning and talent management processes.- Work collaboratively with Hiring Teams to determine appropriate and equitable offer terms ensuring consistent implementation of the compensation framework and practices.- Provide compensation support that includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and analyzing compensation, ensuring equity across job levels and career tracks, facilitating adherence to CHAI compensation framework, and providing relevant data to support annual compensation review.- Work closely with CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Partner to optimize CHAI’s ‘Internal Candidate Pipeline’. Inform current staff in the India office about the ‘internals process’ and provide recommendations for upward and lateral mobility within the organization.- Collaborate with India Leadership and Global Human Resource Partners to ensure onboarding is streamlined.- Provide professional development support to staff as needed, including management training, career development, guidance on delivering and receiving feedback, address employee relations issues & succession planning.- Lead the creation and implementation of staff engagement/training programs to promote organization culture.- Support staff with inward and outward transitions and manage alumni network and leverage relationships accordingly.- Provide oversight on benefits management, payroll administration, project start up and close out support, systems management and data record-keeping, leave record keeping, contract management for staff, independent contractors, and volunteers.- Work closely with Country Director and Global HR on implementation of and adherence to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct.- Advise the Country Director and Leadership team on employee related issues, handle investigations and liaise with legal counsel for resolution as appropriate.
- Support departments to develop grant proposal budgets, as well as internal departmental budgets and reforecasts.- Maintain grant requirements and planning modules in the organization's Finance System.- Recommend budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures.- Lead in the preparation of financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, and ensure all fund activities are in compliance with the organization and grantor requirements.- Monitor cash flow and foreign exchange fluctuations.- Work directly with the Director of Budgeting & Reporting and CFO to validate reports.- Assist in the development of multi-year strategic plans.- Analyze complex financial data and generate summary reports of the relevant information.- Review costs and perform cost-benefit analyses related to projects and/or programs.- Maintain budget monitoring models and grant tracking models.- Prepare financial trend and scenario analyses.- Develop budgeting and other financial management reference materials and facilitate training and sharing of best practices with departments.- Work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work.- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of major program and management issues in the region(s) and departments supported.- Participate in ad hoc projects and analyses as needed.
- Lead and execute, under the guidance of the State Team Lead, the process of strategy formulation for the Immunization programme in Bihar to support GoB achieve its programme outcomes timely and effectively- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Leverage & integrate multi-modal immunization & other public health data and field insights to deliver evidence-based insights for internal & external immunization programme strategy- Support key government and public health stakeholders in long term planning & programme review as well as short term decision making for immunization through advanced data analytics, predictive modelling, situation analysis etc.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered strategy team capable of designing and delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines- Lead the strategic & operational planning for the Immunization programme and undertake regular strategy reviews for course correction- Ensure strategic alignment across sub-teams. Identify opportunities for collaboration and resource optimization across the Immunization programme team interventions- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the programme to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform other responsibilities as requested by Immunization Program State Team Lead
- Lead and execute, under the guidance of the State Team Lead, demand generation initiatives under the programme, including driving existing efforts and pilot demonstrations for new innovations in priority blocks- Design, validate and drive interventions and pilot innovations to strengthen demand generation- Provide evidence-based decision-making support to government stakeholders to help customise demand interventions in the priority blocks. Submit results of field demonstrations in priority blocks to the state for further scaling to similar geographies/communities across the state- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered team to support demand generation initiatives and provide strategic leadership to aid in the design and delivery of impactful solutions in swift timelines- Lead the strategic and operational planning of demand generation initiatives and analyses, and undertake regular strategy reviews for course correction- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform other responsibilities as requested by State Team Lead
The government of Rwanda has developed the National Strategy for Health Professions Development (NSHPD) 2020-2030, a 10-year plan to strengthen and expand the Rwandan health workforce though improved and expanded pre-service training. The strategy outlines national health workforce targets for 33 cadres of providers, and the necessary inputs to training institutions to scale up enrollment and graduation to meet those targets. The government has created a Human Resources for Health Secretariat (HRH Secretariat) to manage implementation of the strategy. The HRH Secretariat has requested CHAI’s support to set up the Secretariat team and functions, and initiate implementation of the NSHPD. CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical skills to assist the Secretariat as it transitions from strategy development to implementation. This role requires managerial capabilities to lead a CHAI Rwanda Health Workforce team; manage day-to-day CHAI team program activities; and play a key role in relationship building with key stakeholders across the Rwandan government, education sector, INGOs, and academic partners in support of the NSHPD. The CHAI Rwanda Health Workforce team will work very closely with the HRH secretariat to ensure that essential functions are developed, and capacity built in the secretariat to independently manage routine operations of implementing the NSHPD. The Program Manager should have the technical skills to advise, design, oversee, co-implement and directly provide technical assistance to the HRH Secretariat not limited to the design and implementation of data collection and analysis processes, operational planning and costing, measurement and evaluation systems, intervention design for health worker training, and governance of health workforce development systems. The desired candidate must be able to multi-task effectively and have experience project managing multiple work streams and delegating responsibilities to staff effectively. Candidates should also have experience managing relationships with high level government stakeholders and ideally will have worked in the field of health professional education or health workforce planning. Successful candidates must have a passion for results, a commitment to excellence, and a demonstrated capacity to work in high-stress environments. This position will report to the CHAI Rwanda Country Director or designate and will coordinate with the Health Workforce Global Team. This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda with some national and very limited international travel. Key Responsibilities: Program Management- Develop a workplan to organize CHAI’s efforts to support the government and manage that work plan in a dynamic fashion- Build and manage the CHAI Rwanda Health Workforce team to support the HRH Secretariat- Develop briefing documents and information dissemination products as needed- Manage CHAI team budget and expenditure- Develop and oversee execution of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the CHAI team- Proactively identify and mitigate any risks that is related to this program- Become a member of CHAI Rwanda Management team and actively participate and contribute to the development of the CHAI Rwanda office- Identify areas where support is needed, plan for and design the programmatic support- Other responsibilities as assigned by the CHAI Rwanda office leadership team and the governmentTechnical Assistance- Provide and manage internal and external technical inputs on all program activities- Provide strategic direction and technical oversight to data collection and analysis activities as requested- Assist the HRH Secretariat to develop a team and update its costed operational plan- Support the HRH Secretariat to develop a measurement and evaluation plan, supervising staff who whose work will include developing the strategy, design, and tools needed to manage and implement the plan at the request of the Secretariat- Support the HRH Secretariat to develop interventions for additional health workforce cadres including design of data collection and analysis tools, facilitation of planning meetings, computation of inputs, translating inputs to needed interventions, and offering guidance and clear recommendations to stakeholders- Advise the HRH Secretariat and government stakeholders on governance issues related to health worker training and deployment, including facilitation of stakeholder consultations, data analysis to support policy recommendations, and development of policy documents and presentations needed to implement recommended strategiesResource Mobilization- Support the HRH Secretariat to develop and implement an effective resource mobilization strategy including donor research and scoping, developing a database to log prospective donors, and track potential and committed funding against program budgets, advising on fundraising strategy and developing concepts, budgets, and proposals needed to implement the strategy- Assist the secretariat to identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing donorsSupport the development of proposals to solicit resources for the government- Manage grant submission process including narrative and budget development- Complete donor reports and filing as necessary for various grantsRelationship Management- Serve as the CHAI focal point for engagement in the NSHPD- Understand government requirements for support and coordinate CHAI’s efforts to meet those requests- Effectively engage and manage relationships with key government and training institution stakeholders- Represent CHAI in government meetings as requested- Develop, maintain, and facilitate strong working relationships with existing/new academic partners- Support the HRH Secretariat to develop and execute MoUs and contracts with academic partners- Troubleshoot academic partner programmatic and administrative issues with local stakeholdersLeadership, Administration & Operations- Create an environment of continuous learning, where staff are encouraged, supported to grow and develop, and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments- Support the CD in promoting culture that is inclusive and welcoming- Develop and maintain efficient and effective systems, and ensure compliance with CHAI Rwanda Policies, procedures and guidelines by holding the team accountable to enhance the smooth running of the program,- Provide input towards development of the Country budget and budget re-forecasts, with participation of operational and program teams in CHAI Rwanda- Address staff Safety and Security matters in collaboration with Safety Point Person (SPP)- Coordinate with the Human Resources department to ensure full compliance with the applicable laws of Rwanda- Other responsibilities as needed
Program Leadership- Lead the development and maintenance of the SRH’s theory of change, strategic initiatives, and performance management- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations to provide guidance to SRH team on prioritization of initiatives- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or proposal development needed for future program development- Collaborate with SRH team to meet established program objectives under MOHS guidance, including, but not limited: increasing contraceptive access and security, improving the distribution and quantity of trained SRH service providers, advocating for more adolescent friendly services, and promoting higher quality, comprehensive sexual educationStakeholder Coordination- Establish collaborative relationships with the MOHS and other relevant national and local government bodies- Coordinate trainings, distributions, and other activities across government and partner stakeholders to ensure clear communication and successful execution- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facility access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various teams including the Global Markets, Global SRH, Sierra Leone Human Resources for Health, and Sierra Leone Supply Chain teamsDonor Relationship Management- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements- Manage the SRH program budget and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all mandated requirements- Quantify any gaps in funding required to achieve goals, and provide appropriate rationale and analysis needed to advocate for any additional funding- Identify and develop new program and funding opportunities and develop and manage relationships with existing and potential donors- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Country Director or such other manager as CHAI may designate.