Click column header to sort
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
- Assist in development and scale up of new data systems/platforms and service tracking mechanisms, as required to support evidence-based decision making.- Help the team in crafting design and in building scale up plan for identified Immunization coverage improvement initiatives/activities.- Assist in development of training collaterals and in organizing trainings for activities/interventions to scaled up across the state.- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies and coordinate with government officials for sustained ownership and delivery.- Provide support to the team in building strong tracking mechanism for project activities’ implementation monitoring.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the program leadership.
- Assist APLMA (Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance Secretariat) and NVBDCP in planning and conceptualizing a successful SOM (Senior Officials Meeting) in 2022.- Strengthen engagement and inter-sector coordination across stakeholders (MoHFW, WHO, NVBDCP, NGO partners, and APLMA) for multi coordinated response.- Review and analyse the current guidelines and SoPs to improve malaria surveillance and response mechanisms (case management, foci management, SBCC, vector control etc.) in India.- Deploy comprehensive surveillance systems alongside India Health Fund and develop output dashboards for data driven identification of malaria hot spots.- Develop accountability and governance mechanisms to guide and enforce routine data review. Monitor targets under NFME 2016-30 and NSP, 2017-22 (15 states scheduled for elimination in 2020).- Outbreak management and support the districts for prevention and control activities.- Periodically track the progress and support the State/Districts reporting an API of less than 1 case per 1000 population to sustain the elimination efforts.- Update surveillance data and review the monitoring and evaluation formats as per elimination mode targets- Analyse, synthesize, and present state/district-level malaria surveillance data to NVBDCP Director and malaria division and identify state/district-level operational challenges for malaria and propose potential solutions.- Program management capacity building of state/ district level malaria program managers.- Develop accountability and governance mechanisms to guide and enforce routine data review.- Support Communication & Social & Behavioural Sciences (CSBS) Specialist in developing IEC/BCC Campaigns as needed.- Support NVBDCP Director in developing material (policy briefs, presentations, etc.) advocating for need for improved surveillance in India.- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the state and national level malaria and other VBD stakeholders.- Engage with local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations.- Work with global and in-country leadership at MoHFW, NVBDCP and WHO to identify newer areas for operational research in malaria.- Support NVBDCP in steering partnerships by building new partnerships with medical colleges and academic institutes such as Indian Council of Medical Research to improve sustainability and capacity.- Other tasks as deemed necessary by NVBDCP Director, malaria division and Team Lead, TSU.
- Identify challenges related to implementation of current SBC activities of National Malaria Strategic Plan.- Support development/revision of malaria SBC strategy and implementation plan (including community-based and social intervention approaches) at state and district level. This will include developing targeted strategies for high endemic areas and hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups such as tribal, rural, and migrant populations.- Responsible for assessing the existing demand generation activities to accelerate or strengthen the delivery of malaria interventions such as diagnosis, referrals, treatment, LLIN distribution, personal protection, and other vector control activities.- Develop capacity building strategy/ material/ package for state VBDCPs and community level stakeholders.- Support in developing briefs on SBC strategies and its impact on accelerating the malaria elimination- Support NVBDCP communications team in developing media coverage strategies and media plans, including for national and local media, for the malaria program.- Conduct ongoing background research on global and regional best practices, create a repository of resources to sustain knowledge management, and prepare and provide regular technical updates on cutting edge SBCC practices.- Develop detailed monitoring and evaluation mechanism for community SBC at state and district level.- Other tasks as deemed necessary by NVBDCP Director and Team Lead, TSU.
- Map laboratory resources, conduct baseline assessments to develop strategies (vis-a-vis malaria and other vector-borne diseases) for strengthen public health laboratories’ infrastructure.- Review and ensure that appropriate SOPs and guidelines are developed, updated, and implemented for: laboratory techniques; biomedical waste management; and procurement of laboratory equipment and consumable items.- Support NVBDCP Director and malaria division in developing policy briefs, presentations, etc. advocating for need for improved laboratory infrastructure and capacity in India.- Assist NVBDCP in establishing National and Regional reference labs for malaria surveillance.- Liaise with the National office, MoHFW, WHO and other stakeholders for strengthening malaria lab systems and surveillance.- Organize multi-stakeholder meetings at national, state, and district levels to deliberate action on laboratory strengthening.- Support capacity building of laboratory technicians and assistants including a) periodically assessing training needs; and b) organizing relevant training programs with support from key stakeholders.- Make visits to laboratories and recommend improvements.- Support NVBDCP and State VBDCP to strengthen malaria surveillance and reporting; improve data-driven decision-making and enhance private health sector reporting of malaria and sensitizing private providers on correct diagnostic practices.- Participate in select epidemic investigations as member of Rapid Response Team.- Carry out Internal Quality Assurance of laboratories and monitor implementation of External Quality Assurance.- Perform any other work assigned by the NVBDCP and TSU to strengthen the labs in the regional and state levels.
The proposed scope of work will include the following activities:- Support NVHCP in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for Hepatitis elimination.- Identify key bottlenecks towards achievement of National and state goals for overall management of Hepatitis in the country.- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with NVHCP and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share, pricing timelines for product development and manufacturing, quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies.- Under guidance of NVHCP continue to support and upgrade M&E systems developed and work with the National Digital Health Mission towards integration of the M&E system.- Contribute towards strengthening of the upcoming supply chain management system.- Analyse market trends, develop demand forecasts, and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services in special context to Hepatitis for the NVHCP and state programs.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Closely work with MP state RI cell and health leadership to ensure state level preparedness, planning and monitoring support for various coverage and delivery aspects for COVID-19 vaccine introduction- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow-up- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Support GoMP/RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoMP priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell and Health leadership to monitor COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign, and routine immunization strengthening- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for COVID-19- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW on prioritizing initiatives.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation to implement initiatives.- Develop M&E frameworks to measure lab utilization, turn-around time, and pendency to identify gaps and suggest interventions for optimizing and augmenting lab operations.- Build a database of suppliers of essential commodities and equipment for states to expediently access products.- Implement innovative solutions to reduce supply as well as demand-side disruptions in other health services.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Conduct analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities and equipment, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated support program.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Support the Program Manager in implementing effective PPP for augmenting testing and treatment capacity in the state.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Under the guidance of the HR Lead, support Program Leaders and Managers in strategic HR initiatives, workforce planning, talent acquisition and talent management.- Lead the talent acquisition needs of the MP team, including but not limited to, lateral hiring, internal job postings, external sourcing, campus hiring, internship programs, selection processes (such as technical tests, interviews) offer roll-outs, internal MIS etc.- Assisting in employee orientation and induction activities by executing and collaborating with multiple program leads and managers as appropriate- Assist in all employee engagement activities from planning to execution as well as seeking feedback- Support planning and scheduling of employees trainings, track participants for feedback, support evolution of development plans and support implementation thereof- Support development of new HR initiatives and employee engagement relationship and satisfaction surveys- Participate in cross-departmental initiatives or capacity building aspects of the organization- Other duties as assigned or required
CHAI is seeking a highly entrepreneurial individual to support the Ministry of Health’s National HIV Program to develop new ARV and OI guidelines for 2021 to replace the previous version developed in 2017, with tasks including but not limited to:- Support workshop to update the guidelines and training tools/materials- Facilitate graphic design and printing process for the updated guidelines- Develop new ARV and OI guidelines to treat people living with HIV (PLHIV)- Ensure comments and suggestions from the team at the National HIV Program are addressed or incorporated into the updated guidelines- Facilitate the graphic design and printing process of the updated guidelines- Provide support to the National HIV Program to organize meetings, trainings, workshops, and development of tools/materials for Point of Care facilitiesThe Consultant can complete the project remotely.