Click column header to sort
- Coordinate development and refinement of strategies and work plans on hepatitis MCH-related work, feeding into the hepatitis global strategy and focal country work plans- Support work planning and tracking of planned activities in line with grant deliverables, including support to monthly and annual grant reporting- Assist in distilling and communicating updates on global evidence, new strategies, research, best practices and lessons learned across CHAI’s hepatitis community and partners- Lead data management, including maintaining resources, toolkits and dashboards with relevant indicators- Assist country support and CHAI country teams in providing technical assistance to Ministries of Health to develop and implement evidence-based MCH-related strategies for impact- Support with general program operations to ensure coordinated and well-planned projects- Support proposal development and resource mobilization efforts for hepatitis MCH-related strategies- Represent CHAI at regional strategic forums and meetings, as needed
Leading Investigations- Serve as investigation manager for internal investigations, including assigning investigation teams, writing and reviewing TORs, interview documentation, outcome reports, and sharing recommendations with CHAI leaders; assist external investigations as needed, by providing counsel with relevant information and acting as a CHAI liaison.- Provide professional expertise to CHAI’s team of internal investigators, Global HR, Safety & Security, impacted staff and managers, and to CHAI’s senior leadership, while maintaining strict confidentiality- Liaise with legal counsel to evaluate and advise CHAI leadership and Global HR on country-specific investigation requirements, processes, and risk mitigation- Support CHAI’s complaint response mechanisms, including monitoring a third-party whistleblower hotline and responding to open complaints- Maintain CHAI’s investigations procedures, and engage with counsel to routinely assess and update procedures as necessary to adhere to legal complianceTraining and Development- Own and update CHAI’s existing safeguarding and respectful workplace-related training content (online and in-person materials) and develop new training materials- Organize and conduct Focal Point Trainings for all new Focal Points (FPs), and make recommendations for new FPs in line with the diversity of CHAI’s global community- Build and promote additional safeguarding capacity across human resources (global and country) by sharing resources and training on conducting investigations and international best practices, such as managing gender issues in the workplace- Support program and country teams to incorporate safeguarding protocols, risk assessments and mitigation plans into their programmatic activities- Collaborate with external consultants to develop additional safeguarding resources as neededMonitoring and Evaluation- Maintain Global HR’s safeguarding tracker, outlining the status of complaints received, and lead weekly safeguarding meetings- Develop a safeguarding risk matrix to help identify and proactively manage current and emerging safeguarding risks- Prepare and distribute quarterly safeguarding summary reporting to CHAI leadership- In partnership with Global Operations & Contracts, provide quality and timely responses to donor assessments and review grant proposals to ensure alignment on safeguarding reporting- Develop M&E measures to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed CHAI-wideStrengthening Policies & Knowledge Management- Provide guidance to CHAI leadership on navigating highly sensitive situations, including supporting leadership when reporting safeguarding concerns to relevant parties- Promote knowledge sharing, documentation, and dissemination to all CHAI staff of existing safeguarding materials and best practices- Research and develop new tools and resources to support survivors of sexual abuse, harassment, and exploitation, including survivors of gender-based violence- Continually assess CHAI’s safeguarding program and identify gaps in knowledge and recommend appropriate enhancementsAdditional Tasks- Act as a Focal Point and member of CHAI’s Safeguarding Committee- Support CHAI’s background check rollout- Other duties and projects, as assigned
Lao PDR-specific responsibilities (50%)- Provide technical assistance to the Lao PDR National Center for Malariology, Parasitology, and Entomology (CMPE) and sub-national malaria programs to strengthen entomological surveillance programs to understand malaria transmission patterns in Lao PDR and tailor vector control interventions accordingly- Collaborate with key partners to analyze entomological surveillance data, develop training materials, and support select entomological field activities- Support the planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of long-lasting insecticidal net (LLIN) distribution through both mass campaign and continuous distribution channels in Lao PDRCambodia-specific project responsibilities (25%)- Collaborate with the CHAI Cambodia Malaria team and GMS Deputy Regional Manager to support planning, implementation, and M&E for LLIN distribution at national and sub-national levels- Support the Cambodia National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM)identify, cost, and deploy appropriate innovative vector control tools targeting high-risk populations- Explore digitization and conduct analysis of entomological surveillance dataOther responsibilities (25%)- Support NMCPs with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to build government capacity and support effective execution of malaria program- Support the GMS Deputy Regional Manager to translate vector control normative guidance and other evidence into actionable insights, develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at the regional level, and represent CHAI at country and regional vector control meetings- Work in close coordination with internal analytics and commodity access teams to tailor vector control tools based on malaria risk stratifications and support forecasting of vector control commoditiesPotential Deliverables- Design, implementation, and transition of an entomological surveillance program in Lao PDR, in collaboration with UCSF and WHO Lao PDR Office- Costing and quantification of routine and novel vector control interventions in GMS countries for the upcoming Global Fund RAI4E applications, in collaboration with other CHAI teams and external partners- Enhanced analytics and use of entomological data by NMCPs, potentially through routine data reviews and centralized entomological databases- Design and results analysis/dissemination of post-LLIN campaign assessments in Cambodia and Lao PDR- Review and syntheses of evidence for increasing the adoption and funding for novel vector control interventions
- Participate in all relevant administrative, financial and project related review and planning meetings (including preparation of project budgets).- Responsible for organizational and project related bookkeeping / accounting work, including recording of all financial transactions using accounting software.- Ensure booking of expenses in line with approved budget, accounts code, budget line etc for proper reporting and monitoring of expenses.- Ensure completion of all the documents in vouchers before processing the payment.- Process payments to partners, vendors, and employees on timely basis.- Ensure timely settlement of advance payments to staff/vendors.- Ensure timely payment of monthly statutory dues, closure of monthly accounts and reporting.- Prepare monthly office/project specific financial reports. Assist with reconciliation of books of accounts with overall accounts maintained by the Head Office.- Ensure that administrative and financial registers (like registers for attendance, leave records, Staff movement, personal vehicle use, incoming and outgoing correspondence, stocks) are maintained properly- Assist the Finance Officer/Lead in all financial audit related activities, at project or organizational level- Undertake any other activities and responsibilities as reasonably required by the organization/Supervisor.- Maintaining appropriate files/records/documents towards meeting legal and statutory requirements.
- Oversee processing of funds request by Sub Recipient (SR’s), reconciliation, review, and release of funds.- Prepare reporting formats for SR in line with approved budget and submit same for further review and adherence by SR’s.- Ensure timely submission of expenditure reports by SR’s, review the same and account the same in WJCF consolidated monthly accounts.- Provide guidance/training to SR’s on approved budgets, reporting requirements, variance reporting etc.- Conduct regular financial audits for sub-recipients and other implementing partners.- Follow up with SR’s for timely closure of audit observations and reporting.- Ensure proper recordkeeping and management of Assets for Global Fund Grant.- Review payments processed by Accountant/Accounts Associate and share the same with Finance Lead for further action.- Support Finance Lead in development and monitoring compliance of relevant policy guidelines- Ensure compliance of statutory and donor requirements for each project in respective city offices (branch and field offices)- Ensure organizational and project related bookkeeping / accounting work and maintenance of all associated records- Prepare and submit financial monthly / quarterly statements to the Finance lead- Responsible for preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows- Provide support to the Finance lead for statutory annual financial audit by an accredited agency, submissions / filings to relevant authorities, and ensuring adherence to recommendations made by the auditors
- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy towards ABDM Implementation, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Contribute as a part of a cross-functional team at the NHA towards effective implementation and adoption of ABDM by establishing program-level/individual goals and creating professional growth opportunities for team members- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the central & state-level stakeholders towards effective implementation of ABDM and strategic initiatives- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise as well as that of local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations- Perform other responsibilities as requested by CHAI/NHA leadership
- Support the Global Market Team (GMT) in evaluating the potential for various market shaping interventions for key commodities and services- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processes- Support the development and evaluation of Request of Proposals for commodities and services in collaboration with CHAI country programs and government partners- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiences- Any other activities as required by the Manager and Director, Global Markets- Travel within India, Europe, and CHAI program countries, once feasible based on COVID-19 restrictions.
- Help develop and execute quantitative and qualitative analyses around major HTS programmatic questions in project countries, with support and supervision from the Program Manager- Support the development of evidence-based technical advice to Ministries of Health, CHAI country teams, and in-country partners in development and implementation of evidence-based HTS strategies- Data management, including maintaining up-to-date country-level dashboards with relevant HTS indicators- Support in translating global evidence and best practices to the country level, including distilling and communicating messages to country teams and other partners- Monitoring new strategies and research in the global HIV space, identifying and developing update for country and global team members- Support to general program operations, including meeting coordination and planning- Support workplanning and tracking of country activities in line with grant deliverables, including support to monthly and annual grant reporting- Document key country activities and lessons learned for dissemination across country and global audiences- Provide additional support to country teams and grant activities, as identified with the Program Manager
Rôle et responsabilités CHAI recherche un/une chargé(e) de projet avec une expérience de gestion et des capacités d'analyse poussées pour fournir un appui technique de qualité au ministère de la Santé pour la conception et mise en œuvre des réformes de renforcement du système de santé. Le/la chargé(e) de projet sera basé(e) à Cotonou et interagira avec les principaux acteurs du gouvernement, les bailleurs de fonds, et le reste de la communauté locale et internationale au Bénin. Il/elle doit donc parler couramment le français et avoir d'excellentes compétences en matière de communication, de relationnel avec des acteurs séniors au niveau du ministère et du gouvernement. Les programmes de CHAI étant relativement nouveaux au Bénin, le/la chargé(e) de programme jouera un rôle clé dans l'élaboration de futurs projets d’accès aux soins selon les besoins d’appui technique du gouvernement Béninois. Ainsi, il/elle devra avoir un esprit entrepreneurial et être à l’aise à opérer dans un environnement où tout n’est pas défini. Les responsabilités sont les suivantes:- Soutenir le ministère de la santé dans l'élaboration de stratégie et de plans opérationnels visant à créer un système de santé primaire capable d’offrir des services essentiels de qualité aux populations du Bénin. Au cours de cet appui, concevoir et mettre en œuvre des évaluations et diagnostics du système de santé, qui viseront à aider le gouvernement Béninois à identifier les goulets d'étranglement au niveau des éléments clés du système de santé pour une prestation de services efficace au niveau des formations sanitaires et des communautés.- Estimer les futurs déficits de financement pour les priorités phares du gouvernement en prenant en compte les financement domestiques et extérieurs et proposer des solutions pertinentes pour la mobilisation de nouvelles ressources et la répartition efficace des ressources existantes.- Concevoir et réaliser des analyses de coûts et d'impact, ainsi que d'autres analyses quantitatives permettant d'évaluer les possibilités d'améliorer l'efficience, l'efficacité et la durabilité du financement de la santé au Bénin.- Assurer le transfert d’expertise vers les partenaires au niveau du gouvernement en matière d'analyse de données, notamment dans les domaines du calcul des coûts, de la modélisation de scénarios et de la budgétisation.- Rédiger des présentations et des rapports pour les parties prenantes internes et externes concernant le travail de renforcement du système de santé au Bénin.- Rechercher des opportunités de collaboration avec d’autres partenaires ainsi qu’avec d'autres équipes de CHAI dans la région et au niveau mondial.- Autres tâches potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
CHAI is looking for a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials for the role of Research Associate. They must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. Reporting to the Program Manager and working closely with other strategic partners, the Associate would lead the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies and manage their execution.- Understand on-ground challenges and identify potential research areas through regular interactions with the program team- Prioritize and define research studies in collaboration with program teams and external research partners- Support the development of study design and research and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures- Assist the development of data collection management and analysis tools and templates, including survey tools, observation tools, interview tools, and databases- Collaborate with research agencies to operationalize the study- Support the design and implementation of ongoing quality assurance measures for all electronic and paper data collection activities- Clean, manage, and analyze large data sets; support insight generation process and translation of insights into intervention design- Work closely with operations team to pilot interventions and monitor progress and impact thereof for informing scale up- Support CHAI leadership in presenting study results to key stakeholders and support publication and dissemination thereof