Click column header to sort
Talent Acquisition:- Support the HRBP and program teams across the organization to determine hiring requirements and develop sourcing and acquisition strategies which include exploring talent partner relationships, tapping into alumni programs, consulting organizations, campus placement drives and other innovative sources.- Support the HRBP in understanding resource requirements for thematic areas and verticals, designing appropriate job profiles, identifying talent acquisition strategy, maintaining database with appropriate metrics to track and monitoring requirements in a timely manner.- Execute all stages of the recruitment process from start to end.- Collaborate with the program teams to augment and execute the induction program for all employees.Talent Management & Support:- Support the HRBP in designing and executing the overarching learning & development strategy considering a multigenerational workforce and augment learning opportunities across the organization.- Provide implementation support on organizational engagement initiatives in partnership with program teams to drive an engaged workforce including facilitation of channels and forums of communication for employees such as workforce surveys, other public forums etc.Ensure execution of highly critical and sensitive HR processes in compliance to legal requirements such as POSH including management of POSH processes-vendor management, POSH refresher sessions, filing of annual returns, etc.- Support the HRBP in internal compensation benchmarking and firming up of compensation framework.- Support the team in executing all processes across the employee lifecycle including extension of employment letters, joining formalities and exit formalities, etc.- Maintain a ready employment database and consistently guide the team to ensure smooth integration of new joinee data into the MIS.Strategy & Organization Development:- Support the HRBP to amend and implement policies centred around organization and employee wellness.- Support the HRBP in developing and executing organizational development interventions in partnership with leadership to support workforce planning, organizational design of existing structures, organizational transitions orchange management interventions if required.- Maintain a stronghold on HR data analytics for identifying opportunities for improvement and informing HR strategy.- Support development and execution of strategies to build and foster a positive work environment based on fair work and gender justice practices.- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Work together with the CHAI Laos Country Management Team to further refine CHAI’s overall strategy within the program area that are aligned with the Ministry of Health goals- Develop clear operational plans for execution and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Support development and maintenance of high-quality data management systems; compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, training materials, reports and other materials to ensure effective program execution - Help cultivate a culture of data-use by strengthening usage and analysis of data by the government and the quality of data inputs- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Work together with the MOH teams at the National HIV and TB programs and CHAI global teams on executing project strategy, including supporting:- - Development of roll-out plans for optimal products, development of training materials, work plans, budgets, and other program materials to support the uptake of optimal products- Quantification of commodity needs and creation of procurement plans- Scale-up of the MOH Integrated Supply Chain strategy, including the development of an integrated distribution plan for TB and HIV products - Strengthening or development of monitoring tools and management dashboards to ensure data is utilized for strategic decision making and planning- Ensuring planning and resources are targeted towards addressing programmatic gaps- Supporting the programs with ongoing planning from donor transition- Skills transfer and government ownership- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Senior Program Manager or Country Director
Some of the responsibilities include:• Support program team in areas of procurement, capacity building, demand generation, and operational rollout of program.• Monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation, and monitor and review outputs. • Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key government partners (at the state and district level), local partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cervical cancer prevention.• Provide high quality data analysis, synthesize various sources of data into comprehensive and streamlined output highlighting key recommendations.• Work on a costed national scale-up plan of cervical cancer program to help government raise funds and ensure good transition of the program after the project.• Support Program Manager in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Cervical Cancer
- Support National Laboratory Systems Strengthening to enhance COVID-19 molecular and Antigen Testing programs and other services including HIV, TB and Malaria- Conduct national assessment of laboratory capacity to identify gaps and opportunities for laboratory systems strengthening investments, in collaboration with MoH and other health partners- Support integrated laboratory system strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MOH (e.g. supply chain, data, etc.)- Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling and self-tests- Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct laboratory-related trainings;- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership;- Lead the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of lab programs and assess progress against project goals- Draft programmatic reports and engage with Laboratory Consortium partners on the ground- Work with CHAI global laboratory services team to assess market challenges, analyze market outlook, and to evaluate potential market shaping intervention- Develop and maintain strong engagement with key stakeholders and partners on laboratory space, including subnational levels and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Contribute to strategic areas for expansion or redirection to maximize health impact and lead proposal development as needed- Work closely with the CHAI Global Laboratory Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for laboratory interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of labs related interventions and any other quantification support as needed;- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager, Deputy Country Director/Country Director
- Support National Laboratory Systems Strengthening to enhance COVID-19 molecular and Antigen Testing programs and other services including HIV, TB and Malaria- Conduct national assessment of laboratory capacity to identify gaps and opportunities for laboratory systems strengthening investments, in collaboration with MoH and other health partners- Support integrated laboratory system strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MOH (e.g. supply chain, data, etc.)- Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling and self-tests- Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct laboratory-related trainings;- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership;- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of lab programs and assess progress against project goals on regular basis in coordination with Senior Associate- Draft programmatic reports and engage with Laboratory Consortium partners on the ground- Provide regular updates of work progress during laboratory team meetings- Develop and maintain strong engagement with key stakeholders and partners on laboratory space, including subnational levels and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Contribute to strategic areas for expansion or redirection to maximize health impact and support proposal development as needed- Work closely with the CHAI Global Laboratory Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager, Deputy Country Director/Country Director
- Serve as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and regional technical leads, and national malaria programs, on issues related to vector control operations- Provide technical and operational support with implementing vector control interventions, including long-lasting insecticidal nets, indoor residual spraying, and larval source management, in targeted foci of malaria transmission. This includes ensuring that vector control campaigns are planned and executed well, and identifying and disseminating lessons learned after intervention roll-outs- Support robust M&E of vector control interventions, including capturing meaningful indicators in clear forms, analyzing the data in a timely manner, and applying the data to decisions- Review evidence and determine appropriate approaches and strategies for improving operations through digitization. Facilitate digitization efforts in appropriate contexts, including in data planning, collection, and analysis, as well as remuneration of campaign workers. In settings where campaign digitization is undertaken, work with CHAI staff and country programs to identify and resolve operational barriers to digitization- Assist country teams and national programs with translating evidence, current research, and normative guidelines on vector control into practical programmatic and field operations- Support CHAI country programs with commodity and resource quantifications, targeting, and waste management plans- Support CHAI country teams with translating results of M&E data analysis to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision-making, and disseminating findings through high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Scope innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control implementation- Assist country teams with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to build government capacity and improve effective execution of malaria programs- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders working on vector control campaigns across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy.
In the near term the Associate will:- Work with CHAI teams, the Burkina Faso Malaria Program and Department of Information Systems to support the end-to-end planning, design, development, roll-out and monitoring and evaluation of a DHIS2-based malaria data repository in order to streamline data collection, reporting processes, integration, and use for decision-making by government stakeholders- Work with CHAI teams, and the Burkina Faso Ministry of Health in the design, development, roll-out and governance processes surrounding Master Facility List management and geo-spatial data management more broadly that is facilitated by a technology platform- Drive the utilization and improvement of existing routine information systems in Burkina Faso and DRC to increase data use through refining and developing new user-friendly and action-oriented dashboards and other outputs - Scope the current information systems landscape and identify potential opportunities for improvements and integrations in malaria surveillance, NTDs, and campaigns digitization in Benin and Democratic Republic of CongoAcross countries and projects, the Associate will have the following responsibilities: Scoping (15%)- Lead scoping activities on health technology solutions to further malaria and NTDs control and elimination, public health campaign digitization, and geo-spatial data management including the mapping of existing digital health systems, information flows, infrastructure, stakeholders and partner projects in select countries. Support the development of country-specific health information strategies based on scoping activities. - Establish and cultivate relationships with other CHAI teams and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI activities, guide country strategies, and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve program objectives.- Advise on strategies for collecting, reporting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data, and for producing accessible automated data outputs for routine decision-making in the form of dashboards, reports and bulletins that speak to key data needsRequirements Gathering and System Design (20%)- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with Ministry of Health programs and regional CHAI staff pertaining to malaria, NTDs, public health campaigns, and geo-spatial data management technology solutions, including system architecture, digital form designs, analytical outputs, user roles, systems integrations, and usability (particularly DHIS2-appropriate specifications, and systems integration/interoperability requirements)- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements and software/hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI management and ministries of health Technology Project Management (20%)- Select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications and integrations (particularly with DHIS2) according to the defined requirements and timelines- Create and manage project plans with regional and country teams, including project management processes and communication mechanisms to progressively design, develop, and test systems and mobile tools- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans. - Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specificationsTechnology Implementation and Training (20%)- Develop system roll-out plans and support system installation and device set-up ahead of implementation- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by the malaria program - Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansTechnical Support (20%)- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based)- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 set ups, including updates to organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users- Provide ad-hoc support to malaria teams, particularly with data management and visualizationKnowledge Management (5%)- Manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teamsOther responsibilities as requested by supervisor
- Support development of M&E plan and conduct regular spot-checks/back-checks to monitor the field work- Support development of training materials for the field staff and Conduct training for the data collection staffs- Monitor field work to ensure adherence to field plan and study protocols- Coordinate with research agency to ensure daily reporting of field targets and summarize progress through daily field reports- Assist in designing monitoring dashboards from data collected- Monitor data capturing and coordinate with field staff to ensure streamlined data capture- Other responsibilities as needed
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR Laboratory Systems Program Manager and Program Officer and CHAI’s Global Laboratory Team, the Senior Associate will: Technical Expertise- Conduct national assessment of laboratory capacity to identify gaps and opportunities for laboratory systems strengthening investments, in collaboration with MoH and other health partners- Provide technical assistance to laboratory systems strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MoH (e.g. supply chain management, lab information system and effective use of DHIS2, Ag-RDT quality assurance program, specimen transportation)- Transfer laboratory knowledge and skills (laboratory quality management, laboratory biosafety and biosecurity, equipment maintenance and calibration, quality testing at the point-of-care) to MoH laboratory staff- Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling and self-testsStakeholder Coordination- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the Laboratory space, including with the Ministry of Health, subnational level laboratories and testing sites and health partners and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Support communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts to ensure coordination and successful execution of laboratory strengthening efforts- Work closely with the CHAI Global Laboratory Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practicesPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Support in gathering, reviewing, and synthesizing publicly available information on in-country and UP, Bihar specific market landscape (both demand and supply side) of MMS and current standards (eg IFAS and other pregnancy supplements) and CC and current standards (e.g., other Methylxanthines)- Collect data from publicly available government and other databases and conduct interviews with stakeholders to understand procurement, guidelines, and regulations around MMS/CC- Conduct, analyze, and assess in-person and virtual stakeholder interviews and site visits across the value chain of Multi-micronutrient and Caffeine citrate supplements including but not limited to manufacturers, stockists, retailers, providers to develop a market landscape of MMS/CC- Schedule and conduct interviews with selected healthcare workers, providers, and relevant stakeholders (NICU staff, neonatologist and professional associations) to assess treatment protocols, awareness, utilization and recommendations for approaches to address knowledge, and utilization gaps related to MMS/CC- Conduct end user interviews to understand perceptions and usage behavior- Schedule & conduct interviews with targeted suppliers- Work with team to design strategies on increasing broader adoption of MMS and CC- Other responsibilities as needed