Click column header to sort
Big Picture and Special Projects – research, writing, analysis, and thought partnership to inform CHAI’s forward-looking strategy (40%)- Support early-stage exploration, development and, if warranted, execution of key organizational initiatives in close collaboration with the CEO and relevant members of leadership. These will vary based on shifting priorities but may include topics such as: researching the academic literature and market analysis to inform entry into new lines of work; researching best practices and developing tailored operational plans for how to strengthen organizational culture, values, and morale; development of cross-organizational strategy initiatives, etc.- Support the development of new initiatives and org-wide and departmental strategies in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders.- Executive-level presentations and writing - work with the Communications team on thought leadership and sector influence such as drafting op-eds, thought leadership pieces, and presentations at conferences.High-quality execution – Coordination, liaising, and driving execution with Leadership team, Board of Directors and external partners (40%) - Serve as liaison between the CEO, Board of Directors, CHAI senior leadership, country and program leaders, and operational departments, regarding program and project updates, donor relations and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and planning.- Plan content and oversee execution of all Board meetings, leadership team meetings and more to ensure key enterprise-wide issues are discussed and clear outcomes are identified. E.g.,- CHAI Leadership meetings:- Schedule, manage, organize, and distribute meeting content and track deliverables from meetings of all CHAI Leadership Teams – SLT, OLT, PLT and special committees (E.g., DEI).- Work with leadership teams to ensure timely execution of key strategic initiatives, collaborating across programmatic and operations teams.- Join most calls (internal and external) and selected travel with CEO in order to effectively serve as a thought partner to CEO and to ensure critically triaging and high-quality follow-through on all action items.- Other duties as assigned (ex. logistics and support for leadership or BOD meetings).Logistical support (20%) - Manage the shared Operations Associate who will be responsible for all scheduling and logistics. E.g.,- Manage the CEO’s schedule, planning travel and scheduling Board and Leadership meetings.- Plan, coordinate, and keep meetings focused and coordinated including preparing written materials and communication, and other tasks, as assigned.- Overall support: dynamically provide support and gap-filling as needed on cross-cutting organizational initiatives to enable the CEO to focus on running the organization. The above responsibilities will be carried out by working closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, SLT, PLT, OLT, country leadership and Board.
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Work directly with governmental malaria programs to identify operational gaps and devise context-appropriate, evidence-based solutions- Collaborate with governmental staff and the Pan American Health Organization to identify key impediments to malaria elimination- Support efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for vector control activities- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance, LLINs durability and residuality IRS monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions- Support government efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of vector Control Interventions- Serve as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. Developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, and policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country- Support with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for MoH and external partners on CHAI’s support on CHW networks, foci management teams, and new tools for vivax radical cure in Panamá- Serve as focal point for case management within CHAI Panama through the design, implementation, and supervision of case management interventions- Identify systemic bottlenecks in the MoH’s processes and develop novel tools and strategies that can be implemented at the subnational level- Lead routine data consolidation and presentation of results on case management service coverage and progress towards elimination targets in sub-national geographies- Conduct ministry and external partner stakeholder mapping and interviews to collect information related to coordination between government units for procurement and registration processes- Build expertise on vivax radical cure tools and dissemination of evidence through providing technical support to the MoH for the planning and implementation of partner coordination meetings and workshops- Lead development of evaluation reports and evidence dissemination presentations and meetings in coordination with ministry and external partners- Lead implementation of projects in coordination with the MoH to strengthen case management and radical cure: develop project plans and materials, support coordination of activities, monitor progress, evaluate results, and ensure communication between partners- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Support MoH in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, guidelines and other materials as required for trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Other duties as assigned
Direct support to CMPE for malaria case management commodities:- Assist CMPE Logistics team to conduct the annual quantification of malaria commodities and to review and validate the outputs together with partners, including:- Coordinating closely with other team associates to ensure that all programmatic changes are reflected in the quantification, including VMWs integration plans, stock base needs, new products, and additional programmatic activities- Completing handover of the CHAI-built Excel tool to CMPE Logistics, including Excel training and ongoing involvement in the quantification process- Help CMPE Logistics team conduct the quarterly supply review and adjust the procurement plan as needed- Ensure adequate distribution of commodities to all warehouses, health facilities, and village malaria workers (VMWs) through eLMIS, planning, data analysis and visualizationTrack the supply chain M&E indicators to quickly respond to any stock problems; monitor progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings- Work with the CHAI Provincial Officers and the Provincial & District Health Office staff to improve stock management and ensure that all malaria products are actively managed with mSupply- Work with CHAI Health Informatics team to refine the DHIS2 stock dashboard with direction from CMPE Logistics team, ensure routine use, and support refresher trainings- Develop training materials and presentations with direction from CMPE Logistics teamDirect support to CMPE for malaria vector control commodities:- Ensure high-quality quantification, targeting, and prioritization of ITNs to at-risk populations- Support CMPE and sub-national government staff to improve the distribution and M&E of ITNs to ensure high coverage among targeted populationsNational integration of the public health supply chain:- Work with government health programs and supply management staff to ensure all health commodities in public stores and facilities are well-managed in mSupply and delivered effectively to points-of-care, including:- Compiling information on registration, quantification, procurement and distribution processes and timelines for health programs and document key gaps and recommendations for CHAI’s engagement.- Monthly monitoring of each program’s use of mSupply to ensure active stock management in the integrated system- Supporting CHAI health program teams with planning and use of eLMIS- Support the CHAI Emergency Operations Center (EOC) team with the EOC stock dashboard review and planning development- Ongoing work includes identifying data and capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems, and working with the CHAI team and government staff to build solutions that fit the needs of health programs in the context of the national health system- Other responsibilities as needed
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize and cost national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI country teams- Serve as liaison between CHAI regional technical teams, country partners, and stakeholders- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting- Other responsibilities as needed
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
Scoping and Strategic Leadership (15%)- Lead scoping activities on digital health solutions to further diagnostics and lab management goals. Work closely with CHAI teams and external organizations to identify and document challenges and use cases for digital products, existing systems, information flows, infrastructure, and stakeholders.- Drive the development of a digital diagnostics strategy for the organization. Support the development of country-specific government data systems and management strategies. Advise on strategies and systems for collecting, reporting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data.- Establish and cultivate relationships with other CHAI teams and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI activities, guide country strategies, and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve program objectives.Requirements Gathering and System Design (20%)- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with Ministry of Health (MOH) programs, end users and CHAI staff, co-designing solutions with users where applicable. Requirements may include system architecture, form designs, automated data outputs (dashboards, reports), user roles, systems integrations, and usability.- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements, and software and hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI teams, MOHs, and donorsTechnology Project Management (20%)- Select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications and integrations according to the defined requirements and timelines- Create and manage project plans with CHAI teams and MOHs, including project management processes and communications to progressively design, develop, and test systems and tools- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specificationsTechnology Implementation and Training (20%)- Work actively with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to develop and implement system roll-out plans, including M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions.- Drive and support technical set up, user testing, training, supervision, monitoring, issue escalation, and transition of product ownership for all country-level implementations- Develop manuals, SOPs, and training materials to support implementation; help train global, country and MOH program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within MOHs by supporting CHAI country teams to monitor and strengthen the quality of data inputs, refine analytical outputs, and develop context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by MOH programsTechnical Support (20%)- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based). Update and thoroughly test tool set ups, including updates to users, organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users- Provide ad-hoc support to teams, particularly with data management and visualizationKnowledge Management (5%)- Ensure up-to-date documentation is in place to support roll out and maintenance of digital products- Develop resources, guidelines, and other material to guide and share lessons across teams- Document lessons learned on technical products for CHAI-wide or global sharing
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with government and private sector stakeholders. - Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.- Support the planning and execution of annual financial audits and any other audits as may be required by country regulations- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.- Support worker communication with the management team.- Coordinate monthly employee payroll and benefits calculation- Support staff management and coordinate all work areas. This will likely include:- Manage assessment of the financing system and resources that supports diagnostics networks, from commodity procurement to service delivery at facilities and in communities.- Provide strategic input into policy documents including but not limited to national laboratory policies and strategic plans, quality improvement plans as required.- Represent CHAI in relevant forums and technical working groups.- Manage project resources according to CHAI policies and procedures.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Finance Responsibilities (70%):- Accounting/Budget Management/Cash Management- Review payment requests and ensure that adequate supporting documentation and approval are obtained before payments are processed.- Process payments (and other documents such as invoices and employee reimbursement requests) on time, managing liabilities.- Prepare documentation for payment transactions including but not limited to cash advances, petty cash, in-house transfers, checks, and transfer forms.- Administer petty cash account and ensure that all expenses have supporting documentation attached to ensure accountability of the funds.- Check and reconcile advances and ensure all supporting documents are attached, sufficient, valid, and settled.- Check travel request, travel advances & travel expense claim reports prior to approval and release of payments.- Ensure all transactions are supported with complete documents and that they comply with the CHAI financial and compliance manual, donor requirements, and government regulations.- Accurately record transactions in QuickBooks and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.- Maintain a hardcopy and electronic filing retention system for all finance records to comply with financial best practices.Strategic Financial Management- Monitor financial activity on programs and prepare expenditure reports for program managers as needed.- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements, and varied fiscal reports.- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of relevant country office policies.- Ensure good teamwork and cooperation between finance and program teams, including but not limited to:- Participating in relevant program management meetings- Coordinating training of program staff in relevant aspects of financial management- Ensure accurate, timely preparation, and remittance of all relevant taxes and related liabilities.Administrative and Human Resources Responsibilities (30%):- Ensure compliance with CHAI global and Benin government HR policies through documentation, submission of relevant documents to government authorities for validation, and training of staff on these policies.- Support country programs with recruitment by serving as liaison for hiring teams and candidates throughout the interview and hiring process, and by posting jobs and scheduling interviews with candidates.- Develop, manage, and maintain the integrity of an employee information system tracking personnel records, including signed organizational and contract documents, staff credentials, and relevant HR checklists.- Track staff leave days and generate monthly leave tracker report.- Conduct quarterly HR compliance audit and submit report to the Country Lead.- Coordinate with health insurance vendor to ensure provision of top-quality medical insurance for staff and their families; support staff members with health insurance claims and obtain feedback from staff on quality of medical service.- Establish fixed assets and inventory management system for the office (including asset tagging and asset audits).- Oversee update to the fixed assets register.- Participate in Global HR training opportunities and webinars and share relevant details with team members for professional development and learning.- Assist in coordinating programmatic events as required.- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Country Lead.