Click column header to sort
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.
Programmatic Support- Lead the design and development of implementation guidelines, processes, standard operating procedures, and monitoring protocol in alignment with overall project objectives- Lead recruitment efforts at the district level and train District leads and Relationship Officers on project objectives, activities, data systems and monitoring processes- In consultation with the project lead, design and deploy strategies for achieving overall project outcomes and milestones- Support the district teams in stakeholder management, communication material design, templating project progress and learning- Undertake regular monitoring through site visits to HWCs along with District Leads, Relationship officers and healthcare workers- Oversee the selection process of Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness centres by providing technical support to district level staff through early site visits- Lead the selection and onboarding of a media agency for designing the capacity building modules for healthcare workers’ training in districts- Regularly review project management indicators to monitor the progress of the project- Support in monitoring and reporting of project milestones committed to donors- Disseminating ground level findings with stakeholders at the national level and donors through report briefs, project presentations, summarised data, and insights- Act as a thought leader to the national leadership in driving the projectTechnical Support- Lead primary level data collection for gap assessment and overseeing the adoption of risk tools by creating questionnaires, planning for timely data collection, and creating efficient frameworks- Conduct secondary research on existing guideline documents for differentiated TB care at health & wellness centres, and disseminate those findings to the district staff in a simple and concise manner- Define key indicators and data systems to monitor project progress through program management reports and dashboards- Leading the quantitative analysis of all data collected at the district level, and dissemination of those findings- Manage the project data operations, ensure timely reporting and data qualityOther responsibilities as needed
Provide strategic guidance and planning support to countries (30%)- Support country teams to develop country-level strategy and work plans in line with global CHAI strategy- Build understanding and seek input on country strategy and work streams among broader global team- Regularly review and facilitate reviews of country work plans, identify implementation barriers, develop solutions, and identify resources and next steps- Monitor country-level program progress against milestones, and work with Program Management to identify and mitigate risks to achieving program and grant goals- Support drafting of concept notes and fundraising proposals for country programs- Attend advocacy and strategy-related meetings with government stakeholders and partners where necessaryProvide technical support and bandwidth to country programs (40%)- Provide day-to-day thought partnership, technical support and bandwidth across country programs, including but not limited to policy, financing, forecasting, supply chain, service delivery, market shaping and M&E- Design and develop high quality deliverables to support implementation of country programs, including presentations and concept notes, and tools and models- Share best practices (strategies, tools and experiences) across country programs- Support alignment on priorities and activities and facilitate processes for routine progress reviews- Seek input and support from global team members to facilitate involvement of topic area experts as requiredProvide coordination support across global and country programs (15%)- Share country updates with broader global team to inform global priorities and keep team members up to date on ongoing areas for support, encouraging a positive spirit of collaboration across the program team- Share global priorities and updates with country teams and highlight relevance to country programs- Provide coordination support on cross-country/global work streams, including internal and external reporting and publicationsSupport cross-cutting global work streams, projects and communications (15%)- Actively participate in strategy planning, problem-solving discussions and review of global program outputs- Support drafting program updates, presentations, concept notes, proposals and meeting plans, as needed- Lead development or implementation of new work-streams and projects, as needed- Represent CHAI at regional strategic forums and meetings, as needed- Manage select relationships with external and internal hepatitis partnersOther responsibilities as needed
GMT Infectious Disease:- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processe- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiencesMarket Dynamics Ecosystem Gap Analysis:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Support the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary for analyzing and categorizing the MD ecosystem of partners, donors and participants- Develop an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Manage logistics of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Collect and analyze data of investment and procurement decisions- Coordinate with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Prepare and produce final report, recommendations and analysis- Develop concept notes and new project proposals as follow up- Any other duties as required
- Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership:- Manage a team of ~5 global associates/technical advisors supporting countries in the implementation of focal technical areas- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives, strategies and milestones- In collaboration with country team and regional managers, regularly assess progress against program objectives in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, key risks & opportunities, and action plan going forward- Help improve program team effectiveness and engagement- Develop CHAI's vaccines program and strategy in technical area of focus, in collaboration with program and country leadership:- Develop/update CHAI’s strategy and thought leadership both at global and country level, to increase CHAI’s effectiveness and impact- Support fundraising and grant proposal and budget development in line with CHAI’s strategy, model, competing priorities and capabilities, both at country and global level- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and of new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI- Identify how this work relates to and builds on CHAI’s other in-country objectives and vaccine technical focal areas, which often require building on strong horizontal management structures. Put in place appropriate mechanisms to ensure cross-fertilization and collaboration across these objectives and sub-teams.- Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of work in focus countries to dramatically and sustainably improve immunization coverage, in collaboration with direct reports and regional manager:- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with direct reports and country teams to achieve high and sustainable coverage of new and routine vaccines in CHAI focus countries. Projects could include the following depending on technical focal area:- Strategize for the efficient and effective rollout of new vaccines while maintaining line of sight for improving routine immunization- Support program redesign in light of COVID-19 pandemic and the effects on routine and new immunizations, including supporting countries to introduce, achieve high coverage, and routinize Covid-19 vaccination- Support and build capacity of local governments to make decisions and optimize vaccine product portfolios for greater cost efficiency and coverage- Support governments to address and resource equity priorities- Strengthen national and subnational data driven performance management systems- Strengthening national and subnational planning and coordination processes to expand the reach and quality of immunization and other primary health care services- Improve immunization financing, resource mobilization and sustainability, in particular for countries in Gavi transition- Drive continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic toolkits, lessons learned, and other know-how related to CHAI's vaccines program experience in focus countries.- Demonstrate impact and support countries to plan for sustainability of high-impact work, including transition of successful practices to national government leadership. - Improve national and global practices and policies, and cultivate global relationships, in collaboration with direct reports and program leadership:- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., WHO, Gavi, BMGF, UNICEF, PATH, JSI, IHME) and foster effective exchange of know-how with partners.- Become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights into the global immunization community and inform global policies and country practices beyond CHAI focus countries, including through global working groups (e.g., EPI manager meetings, WHO hosted regional meetings, antigen specific global working groups, etc.).- Other responsibilities as needed
Strategy development and resource mobilization- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT strategy.- Develop innovative concepts and proactively identify opportunities to raise funds to execute against CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV strategy and goals.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s pediatric HIV agenda.Management of the pediatric program portfolio- Translate CHAI’s overall strategy and vision into concrete deliverables and design programs that are set up to demonstrate improvements in pediatric outcomes.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of pediatric HIV topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve and refine CHAI’s approach as required.- Engage with CHAI country leadership and program teams to align on approaches, problem solve, provide technical and analytical support, track progress, and ensure pediatric HIV continues to be prioritized.- Ensure that we put affected communities – in this case, children and adolescents living with HIV – at the center of all we do, through meaningful community engagement and partnership.Donor & grant management- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with donors on pediatric-focused grants.- Ensure execution against grant priorities, targets, and deliverables.Team & People Management- Build a motivated, results-driven and dedicated team of strategic thinkers who can work across the matrix to ensure outcomes for children living with HIV improve in program countries.- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Collaboration with internal stakeholders- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on pediatric and adolescent focused projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Stay up-to-date on developments across relevant CHAI programs to identify synergies and opportunities where CHAI can magnify impact.Collaboration with global pediatric partners- Manage and build strong relationships with the broad ecosystem of global pediatric partners to identify gaps, design approaches, implement strategies, monitor impact, and continuously improve the strategic programmatic agenda of CHAI’s pediatric response.- Make positive and useful contributions to the overall pediatric HIV landscape and continue to cement CHAI’s role as an important partner in the pediatric space across diagnosis and treatment.- Represent CHAI in international fora on pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT.
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for CMPE and external partners on CHAI’s support to eliminate P. vivax malaria in Laos- Build expertise on P. vivax diagnostic tools and local operational research, and contribute to the overall strategy and theory of change from planning to implementation of these new tools in Laos- Provide technical support to CMPE to manage the planning, introduction, and phased implementation of safe radical cure of P. vivax- Regularly monitor the status of P. vivax commodities in country such as G6PD tests and primaquine, and support the development of inputs for routine quantifications and operational budgets for these commodities- Support CMPE with data collection from DHIS2 and mSupply, analysis, and visualization. Track progress and quality of data, and make necessary updates to the P. vivax M&E framework.- Support CMPE in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, and guidelines and support CMPE to conduct trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Support CMPE to conduct effective case management supervision visits and on-the-job trainings to poor performing health facilities as identified through data reviews- Reinforce and expand programmatic reporting and activity tracking tools and processes at central and subnational levels; further the capacity of government staff to conduct activity tracking on a regular basis- Support CMPE and CHAI subnational teams to ensure high testing and reporting rates by health centers and VMWs. Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyze data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Follow up on VMW program implementation to ensure alignment with CMPE recommendations- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Coordinate closely with CHAI colleagues to ensure comprehensive and seamless case management, surveillance, and program and financial management support to CMPE- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Other duties as assigned
Lao PDR-specific responsibilities (50%)- Provide technical assistance to the Lao PDR National Center for Malariology, Parasitology, and Entomology (CMPE) and sub-national malaria programs to strengthen entomological surveillance programs to understand malaria transmission patterns in Lao PDR and tailor vector control interventions accordingly- Collaborate with key partners to analyze entomological surveillance data, develop training materials, and support select entomological field activities- Support the planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of long-lasting insecticidal net (LLIN) distribution through both mass campaign and continuous distribution channels in Lao PDRCambodia-specific project responsibilities (25%)- Collaborate with the CHAI Cambodia Malaria team and GMS Deputy Regional Manager to support planning, implementation, and M&E for LLIN distribution at national and sub-national levels- Support the Cambodia National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM)identify, cost, and deploy appropriate innovative vector control tools targeting high-risk populations- Explore digitization and conduct analysis of entomological surveillance dataOther responsibilities (25%)- Support NMCPs with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to build government capacity and support effective execution of malaria program- Support the GMS Deputy Regional Manager to translate vector control normative guidance and other evidence into actionable insights, develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at the regional level, and represent CHAI at country and regional vector control meetings- Work in close coordination with internal analytics and commodity access teams to tailor vector control tools based on malaria risk stratifications and support forecasting of vector control commoditiesPotential Deliverables- Design, implementation, and transition of an entomological surveillance program in Lao PDR, in collaboration with UCSF and WHO Lao PDR Office- Costing and quantification of routine and novel vector control interventions in GMS countries for the upcoming Global Fund RAI4E applications, in collaboration with other CHAI teams and external partners- Enhanced analytics and use of entomological data by NMCPs, potentially through routine data reviews and centralized entomological databases- Design and results analysis/dissemination of post-LLIN campaign assessments in Cambodia and Lao PDR- Review and syntheses of evidence for increasing the adoption and funding for novel vector control interventions
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary