Click column header to sort
Project Execution- Provide analytical support to the designated CHAI Uganda programs to improve the efficiency and performance of programs- Work closely with M and E and supply-chain leads to plan, design, and implement assessment tools to drive evidence-based decision making and monitoring of key program indicators- Conduct quality control and manipulation of data including DHIS2 data extraction & analysis, merging, managing, and updating data; generating standard reports; performing data quality reviews; data editing/cleaning; and resolving data quality problems.- Provide technical assistance to government counterparts in commodity quantification and forecasting, supply-chain planningSupport the development of innovative approaches and tools for data visualization to inform execution within designated programs- Provide general support to the project including, preparation & review of draft power Point/Word documents, drafting analysis reports, thought partnership/ brain storming, Coordination, operational & logistic supportProblem Solving- Support the identification of risks and challenges within designated program, analysing possible solutions, and providing guidance on the best course of action using thoroughly researched evidence, aligning with CHAI values and principles and ensuring wide consultationRelationship Management- Serve as a resource for program staff to discuss their programmatic work and identify potential data sources and analytic strategies to inform their workEffective Communication- Contribute to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies, and approaches of the project.Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervision.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight, and monitoring of key grant deliverables- Develop strong working relationships with key external stakeholders in government, donors, and partners, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and efforts- Develop strategic and implementation plans, manage effective project implementation as well as contextualized approaches to achieve project outcomes- Work with the team to identify insights from the secondary and primary research to inform product introduction roadmap- Lead data analytics for the project, including developing of forecasting and stock monitoring tools, graphical dashboards, project management tools etc.- Lead the identification of service delivery models for improving uptake of SRH services and/or modern methods of family planning through secondary and primary research- Coordinate project-wide outputs related to execution, implementation, reporting, compliance, and updates- Prepare documentation and reports for dissemination of information among partners, donors, and stakeholders- Support Program Manager in identifying and defining WJCF's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact- Support Manager in scoping for new opportunities/creating pitch documents for new grants/donors in the SRH and allied spaces including and not limited to maternal and child health, gender-based issues and identify white space opportunity areas for WJCF- Provide operational support to the Manager to develop, plan, and implement multiple activities simultaneously- Support recruitment of talent in consonance with project needs and provide guidance/ mentoring to project staff
- Develop deep relationships based on trust and expertise with key stakeholders from government, donors and partners- Be a thought partner to government agencies at the central and state levels and support in development of programme priorities- Identify areas of opportunities for WJCF to contribute towards strengthening PHS- Engage key donors to disseminate WJCF’s work, shape donor priorities and identify funding opportunities- Identify partners and create opportunities to engage and collaborate on strengthening of PHS and diagnostics- Navigate complex stakeholder landscape to establish WJCF as a partner of choice at central and state level- Manage quality of project deliverables through reviews and providing timely guidance to team members- Prepare and review technical documents, SOPs, manuals etc.- Coordinate with other WJCF teams on cross-cutting areas and identify opportunities to collaborate- Shape WJCFs point of view on PHS in general and areas of One Health and AMR in particular; develop a roadmap to scale-up project activities- Lead development of project proposals and pilot plans- Track project progress regularly and feed into the various reports for the purpose of internal consumption as well as government departments
- Participate in program strategy meetings with key government partners and support implementation of program activities.- Support the revision of the national HIV and Syphilis testing guidelines to include key strategies on dual HIV/Syphilis testing implementation.- Maintain an updated dual test adoption work plan / action plan / notes following the conclusion of each dual test working group meeting.- Provide the Lab Team with technical support to maintain gains in syphilis screening and HIV testing in pregnant women.- Facilitate product registration of cheaper and better performing WHO prequalified HIV/syphilis dual tests where applicable.- Participate in annual national forecasting and quantification exercises for HIV/syphilis dual tests, syphilis-only rapid tests, HIV-only tests, and benzathine penicillin.- Support inclusion oaf HIV/syphilis dual tests, syphilis-only rapid tests, and benzathine penicillin into national and donor support programs.- Monitor the usage reports of HIV/syphilis tests from facilities to surface any challenges.- Routinely assessing the stock status of HIV/syphilis dual tests, syphilis-only tests, HIV-only tests, and benzathine penicillin.- Support the Lab Team to coordinate distribution of HIV/syphilis dual tests, syphilis-only rapid tests, HIV-only tests, and benzathine peicillin from ZAMMSA such that commodities are available in provinces and facilities- Support the development of a comprehensive curriculum and related job aids covering both syphilis screening and treatment, as needed.- Support the Lab Team to ensure dual HIV/Syphilis testing components are integrated into the National RTCQI (Rapid Test Continuous Quality Improvement) Program.- Support the coordination of key performance indicator reporting from Provincial Focal Persons to the National PMTCT Team.- Support the analysis of provincial reports for presentation in the monthly technical working group meetings.- Ensure decision making in technical working groups is based on available data from the facilities.- Document implementation successes and challenges and propose recommendations for improving the quality of the program.- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Strengthen the capacity of the national and regional malaria program to select and implement interventions aimed towards achieving malaria elimination. - Coordinate with local health partners, local authorities, and the CHAI Guatemala team the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of foci micro plans, including:- Development of monthly operational plans with Foci Management Teams (FMTs)- On-the-job training and mentorship of FMTs- Measuring micro plan implementation progress- Evaluating the impact of interventions on malaria transmission in specific foci.- Design training plans and support the development of associated training materials to build Ministry of Health staff and community health workers’ capacity to execute malaria interventions effectively.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities.- Work in collaboration with the local level to support the use of the malaria module and other electronic surveillance systems for malaria.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and work with the regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to develop and implement solutions to address bottlenecks.- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools.- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health and partner organizations to design and implement epidemiological and entomological studies according to the research protocols.- Support local-level Ministry of Health staff with regular site visits to community health workers and health facilities in Escuintla.- Work closely with the Program Manager, the Research Associate, the Vector Control Associate, and CHAI´s regional technical advisors to design and implements data-driven actions.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Serve as a trusted adviser for the national and regional Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in meetings with partner organizations and Ministry of Health officials as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with national and regional health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- End to end project management. This includes working with state and national team staff on workplan development, weekly monitoring of program activities, progress tracking, report development, and coordination of regular check-in calls with country and global teams.- Provide adequate technical guidance and support to other program staff to optimize workstreams in line with CHAI values and ensure high technical quality and relevance of plans and outputs by conducting brainstorming sessions, reviewing drafts, providing feedback, and supporting preparations for government engagements.- Oversee program implementation in line with grant documents and ensure alignment with Government priorities and accountability to program funders.- Collaboratively design theories of change and results frameworks and execute program monitoring of work and process evaluation.- Represent and communicate CHAI’s work both within CHAI and to external partners, funders, and government stakeholders. Coordinate the dissemination of CHAI’s learnings from implementation and lead the development of dissemination materials and toolkits using appropriate channels. This includes leading the development of abstracts for submission to conferences, and posters or presentations if invited to present, as well as manuscripts for submission to academic journals. Support uptake of tools and approaches across other CHAI country offices. Engage and build relationships with partners working in similar areas.- Provide support to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), National Health Insurance Agency (NHIA), Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) at National level, working collaboratively as an active member of the relevant finance and PHC technical working groups to inform National strategies and implementation, ensure state governments are well informed about national level events and policies, and adjust ongoing CHAI programs to align with national level updates.- Lead proposal development efforts by identifying gaps and funding opportunities, developing new concepts to secure funding to expand CHAI’s work in this area, and coordinating the proposal writing, budgeting, review, and submission process.- Working with the Program Director and Country Director, participate in donor engagement activities and actively map funding opportunities through donor landscaping and relationship building with donors and partners.- Manage monthly and annual program budgets including monthly program expense reviews and adjustments ensuring alignment with grant budgets and compliance with donor requirements.- Write and present narrative and financial reports for donors and contribute to global reporting across CHAI as required.- Stay abreast of the evolving health financing landscape, in Nigeria, monitoring key trends in the field.- Support technical health financing learning within the CHAI Nigeria teams by sharing webinars, online courses, and journal articles, and requesting training sessions from the health financing global team and information sharing sessions from other country teams.- Building capacity of other progam staff on cross-cutting hard and soft skills including written and oral communications, work planning and time management, stakeholder management, and problem solving, by providing written and verbal feedback, mentorship, and providing opportunities to practice.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by manager.- Any other responsibilities as directed by the Program Director and Country Director.
Coordination and resource mobilization- Provide overall coordination support for the implementation of DAC-A program activities; facilitate communication among team members, knowledge management, work planning, and communication with CHAI teams, DAC-A leadership and steering committee, and funding partners.- Build excellent working relationships with various MOH departments, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations.- Lead DAC-A advocacy and resource mobilization efforts through active identification and engagement with various clinical research stakeholders and sponsors, and the development of convincing, high-quality pitches, grant proposals, concept notes, presentations and budgets.- Lead the development of a three-year DAC-A strategic plan coupled with DAC-A business processes and guidelines.- Coordinate DAC-A protocol reviews ensuring efficient use of DAC-A resources, and alignment with DAC best practices for clinical research.- Coordinate the award of Trial Planning Grants (TPG), manage internal and external relationships to monitor TPG projects progress and ensure successful and timely completion.- Serve as a thought partner to DAC-A leadership and steering committee.Program implementation- Plan and execute high-quality and effective technical meetings, capacity building workshops, stakeholder and funder consultations.- Lead the development of high-quality technical documents, including but not limited to presentations, training reports, briefing notes, budgets, guidelines, strategic plans and business processes.- Lead the development of manuscripts outlining learnings and best practices from DAC-A related activities, for publication in peer review journals.- Advocate for the inclusion of new technologies for the review of clinical research protocols and storage of patient medical records; support the development and piloting of relevant tools and processes.- Lead routine program monitoring & evaluation activities and donor reporting.- Plan and facilitate monthly and weekly team meetings to review project progress, identify bottlenecks and develop mitigation strategies.- Onboard, manage and provide technical support to DAC-A implementation team members in the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities, to ensure program implementation goals and quality standards are achieved.- Carry out independent problem-solving and perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Senior Program Leadership, DAC-A review and steering committees.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various clinical research stakeholders including, sponsors (e.g EDCTP, Wellcome trust, BMGF etc.), research institutions and network of excellence (e.g., University of Buea, Institut Pasteur Dakar, KEMRI etc.).- Lead the development of terms of references (TORs) for DAC-A steering committee, leadership team or advisory board, review committees and Trial Planning Grants.- Adapt DAC best practices for clinical research to the African context.- Develop guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities.- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to assess progress against project goals on a regular basis in coordination with the Program Manager and provide prioritized recommendations to address key identified gaps.- Stay up to date with the latest knowledge, skills, policy/strategic guidance and industry trends in the clinical research space.- Contribute to strategic areas for expansion and support Program Manager in fundraising efforts.- Develop and review strategic plans, national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training materials and other project related documents with support from program manager.- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed.- Synthesize results and communicate them through high-quality, influential presentation materials suitable for varying audiences, reports and publications.- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Program Manager and Senior Program Leadership.
- Lead activities related to the development and use of a digital platform by the National regulatory authority and the National Ethics Committee to review clinical research protocols.- Take the lead in the development and trial of an Electronic Medical Record platform (EMR) in health facilities of partner organizations.- Lead efforts to convert existing paper based medical records into digitized data stored in the EMR platform.- Support in maintaining the DAC-A website and submission portals.- Ensure DAC-A resources are available in both English and French.- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with individuals across government programs, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local academic institutions and other key stakeholders to ensure skills transfer and ownership.- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to assess progress against project goals on a regular basis in coordination with the Program Manager and provide prioritized recommendations to address key identified gaps.- Support in strategic areas for expansion and fundraising efforts.- Support implementing partners, CHAI country and global teams in the development and review of strategic plans, national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training materials and other project related documents with help from the Program Manager.- Collect and analyze data (quantitative and qualitative), identify trends, and prepare reports as needed to support decision making.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings within the country and assist to develop and document dissemination materials from these meetings.- Assist the program manager with the development of guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities, and in the planning, analysis, and evaluation of the effectiveness of operations and programs.- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Program Manager.
- Provide direct support to surveillance and analytics workstreams including conducting of high-quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic planning related to malaria within the region- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines, SOPs and training materials- Design, implement, analyze, and disseminate operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets from different sources to aid program monitoring and evaluation and larger analyses- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level technical training materials- Supporting institutionalization of data reviews at all levels, including the development of data collection tools and dashboards (e.g., Tableau, DHIS2, etc.)- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities, for example providing support to analytical content (e.g., data management best practices, online data collection tools) and surveillance strengthening activities (e.g., improved data quality and use)- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with local academic and technical partners- Any other tasks as required