Click column header to sort
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Define the Country Team's overall strategy, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies- Oversee the financial management of the program, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning- Develop and manage program budgets in collaboration with program staff- Support human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff- Oversee internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal and financial teams- Support fundraising efforts, including new program development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors- Manage processes for internal and donor reporting- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at public forums- Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners and establish new partnerships- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged- Facilitate communications and coordination between stakeholders- Lead the M&E development and implementation plans of CHAI supported interventions and lead the country team in the preparation of donor reports- Manage sub grantees and ensure compliance with donor requirements- Ensure CHAI complies with all legal requirements of PNG- Ensure high staff performance, strategic thinking, efficient planning, and reorientation as needed- Model a strong work ethic, demonstrate leadership and motivate all members of country team, managing human resources and ensuring compliance with all government, donor, and CHAI HR policies- Oversee security risk management planning, staff and visitor training, and SOP adherence in collaboration with the regional and global safety & security team- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.
- Engage with the State Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP) staff, Regional WHO consultants, MD-NHM and facilitate engagement as well as co-ordination for LTBI roll out as per project timelines and plan- Provide oversight and support program operations for a cluster of 4 to 5 states defined by project leadership- Ensure creation of state level strategic approaches for effective implementation of operations plan, be responsive to ensure resolution of challenges at the state and sub state level- Provide state leads and partner organisations the necessary technical and administrative supervision to achieve programmatic and financial objectives of the project- Represent CHAI at various forums and creating channels of communication with government stakeholders and development partners- Support the State TB cell in Project Implementation Plan (PIP) budgeting and provide technical leadership in articulating issues and proposing solutions- Undertake periodic monitoring of LTBI intervention through field visits, reviews and assessments as required- Provide input to the National Program Management Unit (NPMU – CHAI) on process improvement, MIS uptake and feature usage, patient level communication triggers and suggest solutions to overcome the gaps in implementation- Identify gaps in public sector LTBI program implementation and prepare capacity building plan for various NTEP staff levels for the region and ensure its implementation- Assist the state leads in preparing programmatic reports for the state on monthly/quarterly/annual basis- Work with state leads to facilitate continuous supply of public sector commodities (diagnostics and drugs) as well as advocate for roll of LTBI strategy in non-project districts, availability of newer formulations and diagnostics- Support capacity building and technical assistance to the project team in the state- Ensure process adherence, Data Compliance and support SR in State and District level leadership hiring- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide direct support to surveillance and analytics workstreams including the formulation and conducting of high-quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic planning related to malaria within the region- Provide onboarding, mentorship, supervision, and training of a small technical team- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines, SOPs and training materials- Design, implement, analyze, and disseminate operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets from different sources to aid program monitoring and evaluation and larger analyses- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training technical materials- Contribute strategic vision and thought leadership for how malaria analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries and regions where CHAI works- Mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners
Regional support (~50% LOE)- Provide strategic insights to the development of country programs as well as the overall CHAI TB program- Serve as a trusted advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of topics relating to access to medicines and diagnostic devices (e.g., drug quality and pricing, market intelligence, regimen optimization, diagnostic accuracy and pricing, procurement, forecasting, new product introduction, product tradeoffs, costing exercises, implementation planning and scale-up)- Support the introduction of new, improved, or less costly medicines by supporting country teams with the development of new product roll-out strategies for Ministries of Health- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders- Provide analytic support to improve data utilization to improve TB program decision making and identify opportunities to increase program efficiencies- Develop and leverage expertise in procurement best practices for medicines and other health commodities in low resource settings- Build country capacity on quantification and forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimize wastage and costs- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between CHAI country teams and global team members (including the laboratory services and HIV teams and other programs)- Share best practices and key supply dynamics and access-to-medicine issues across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and program experiences- Provide mentorship and guidance to country support associates and country staff- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant deliverables across CHAI focal countries- Partner with country teams to devise strategies to achieve grant objectives in line with country priorities- Responsible for reporting and annual reviews for donors and internal CHAI leadership- Responsible for maintaining up to date expertise on MDR-TB patient identification to cure practices and knowledge sharing among internal CHAI teams- Support CHAI TB director & associate director in budgeting/fundraising and team management as needed- Anticipated 30-40% travel regionallyCHAI Vietnam focused support (~50% LOE)- Provide technical assistance and general project management support to the CHAI Vietnam Country Team’s designated project lead (and other country team members) with the day-to-day project management of two upcoming operational studies that leverage innovative technologies for diagnosis and surveillance of TB at the country level (approximately ~50% LOE).
Scoping (15%)- Work with malaria programs, MoH informatics units, and CHAI regional and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for improving malaria surveillance data quality, access, including the monitoring of epidemiology, vectors, data quality, and case management indicators- Develop and document coherent and technology-appropriate software and hardware specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions (including DHIS2-appropriate specifications) for user workflows, data collection forms, dashboards, systems integrations, and other platform components as needed, in line with programmatic objectives and data use needs- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements and software/hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI and ministries of healthTechnical Project Management and Support (35%)- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met- Directly configure, update, and thoroughly test system set ups as needed, particularly for DHIS2, Reveal, and common geo-registry systems, including updates to users, locations, data elements, indicators, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of information systems, including robust user testing, to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation.- Lead stress tests, system customizations, and run tests on data integrity and continuous integration of releases.- Support systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (35%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and system institutionalization by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by the malaria program- Proactively identify gaps and challenges with system uptake and performance; identify and support execution of both technical and operational solutions improve system institutionalization- Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansOther (15%)- Provide thought partnership, guidance, and hands-on support to non-malaria CHAI teams in the GMS region working in cross-cutting digital health initiatives- Knowledge management - manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teams- Other responsibilities as needed
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.