Click column header to sort
Countries supported under this portfolio include Kenya, Uganda, and Ethiopia, amongst others.Responsibilities shall include:- Provide high-value strategic and programmatic support to design and implement in-country vaccine supply chain initiatives in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide critical input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management, assessing opportunities to integrate supply chains, and supporting implementation and use of data management technology/tools/systems.- Lead development, dissemination & use of lessons learned, tools, and other know-how.- Inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus.- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights as appropriate.- Support the strategy and development of CHAI's vaccines supply chain program(s)- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging institutional knowledge.- Support program and grant management- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management.- Other responsibilities as needed.
• Support in the planning and execution of the program interventions• Conduct quantitative analyses and present results to inform decisions to generate resources and to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and equity of health programs• Conduct literature reviews and provide recommendations• Assist in organising stakeholder meetings, trainings, and workshops• Support in knowledge management by organising the existing data and maintaining records of all project documents• Support in implementation of various projects as needed • Other responsibilities as assigned by the project team
• Provide strategic and analytical support to the work streams and identify high impact areas of intervention • Develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact• Develop and maintain strong engagement with key stakeholders and partners on laboratory space, including subnational levels and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on COVID-19• Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of the program and assess progress against project goals on regular basis in coordination with Program Associate• Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct laboratory-related trainings;• Exceptional problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial spirit, able to operate without extensive structural or operational support• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager
• Support ministry of Health on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to COVID-19 testing-related strategy and planning• Provide technical assistance to laboratory systems strengthening and improvement of laboratory support systems as per workplan agreed with MoH• Support National Laboratory Systems Strengthening to enhance COVID-19 molecular and Antigen Testing programs• Support decentralization of COVID-19 testing• Support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools• Work with CHAI global laboratory services team to assess market challenges, analyze market outlook, and to evaluate potential market shaping intervention• Lead the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of lab programs and assess progress against project goals• Contribute to strategic areas for expansion or redirection to maximize health impact and lead proposal development as needed• Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for laboratory interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of labs related interventions and any other quantification support as needed• Build a strong relationship with key stakeholders in the Laboratory space, including with the Ministry of Health, subnational level laboratories and testing sites and health partners.• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager or Country Director
- Provide strategic and administrative support to Program Manager to ensure smooth and successful program development and implementation - Ensure effective communication with key local partners and internal program for better coordination and planning- Operationalize and implement recommendations and technical guidance as agreed with local partners- Support government partners with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their PCV introduction strategy - Work closely with CHAI’s sub-national vaccines officers to support partner sites (Provincial and District Office of Health, Primary Health centre and other related local government bodies), including communities to ensure the success of the PCV program- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes in order to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed under the guidance of the CHAI Finance team. - Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager and or Senior Program Manager and or Program Director.
Working together with and supported by the CHAI PNG Country Manager and Senior Advisor, the Lab Program Manager will:- Develop and maintain strong engagement with key government stakeholders and partners involved in the diagnostics space for Covid-19 response - Advocate and support adoption and uptake of current and novel diagnostic tools, e.g. antigen tests, self-sampling, etc. to improve testing access - Collaborate with relevant in-country stakeholders to drive the successful execution of antigen testing implementation and systems strengthening efforts:- Review and revision of Covid-19 national testing guidance, as needed- Planning and execution of antigen RDT trainings in four provinces- Support integrated laboratory system strengthening and improvement of labs and antigen testing support systems (e.g. data and result management, stock monitoring, quality assurance, etc.)- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of lab program, assess progress against project goals, and capture/disseminate emerging best practices - Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the laboratory program operations and finance, as well as oversee project implementation and performance against work plans and budget- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection to maximize health impact and lead proposal development as needed- Supervise and provide professional development guidance and support to more junior staff - Perform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership
- Support CHAI country team, MOH and partners in the pursuit of effective and efficient health programs with solid analysis and problem-solving skills- Lead the design and conduct of assessments on medical oxygen in Cameroon- Prepare required analysis, including creation of robust models and forecasts in Microsoft Excel- Work closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers, and leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s objectives- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management, budgeting and financial planning in the health sector overall- Prepare status reports and project plans as well as lessons learnt and publications.- Assist in preparation of documents and templates- Prepares technical notes and submits for review- Prepare, review and initial sign off participants statement of payments and follow up on timely payment of participants- Prepares and submits expense and activity reports within three days of completion of field activity
- Closely work with MP state RI cell and health leadership to ensure state level preparedness, planning and monitoring support for various coverage and delivery aspects for COVID-19 vaccine introduction- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow-up- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Support GoMP/RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoMP priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell and Health leadership to monitor COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign, and routine immunization strengthening- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing. - Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows- Other responsibilities as needed
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for COVID-19- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW on prioritizing initiatives.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation to implement initiatives.- Develop M&E frameworks to measure lab utilization, turn-around time, and pendency to identify gaps and suggest interventions for optimizing and augmenting lab operations.- Build a database of suppliers of essential commodities and equipment for states to expediently access products.- Implement innovative solutions to reduce supply as well as demand-side disruptions in other health services.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Conduct analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities and equipment, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated support program.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Support the Program Manager in implementing effective PPP for augmenting testing and treatment capacity in the state.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.