Click column header to sort
- Provide overall technical expertise in diagnostic related areas and support diagnostics related projects.- Support government partners in all aspects of the access strategy, planning, and implementation, including analysis, policy, and guideline development and review by engaging with Client/s and other CHAI teams on related program initiatives, as it relates to the implementation of operational plans.- Conceptualize and take ownership of required analytical evaluations required to inform policy and programmatic decision-making.- Support development and integration of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to clients and other partners, and donors.- Participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to medicines.- Partner with the Program Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance, and support the manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements as needed.- Perform financial/economic analysis of key health systems investments and interventions related to diagnostic services.- Develop a thorough understanding of the healthcare and diagnostic landscape related to the medicines and equipment portfolio within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges, and gaps in order to inform program development.- Conduct analyses of the policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and provide the support required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and services.- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to DoH/NHLS on the prioritization of initiatives.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH/NHLS, suppliers, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.- Lead communication and alignment activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities.- Compile, synthesize, and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports, and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.- Support the analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to inform recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services.- Conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.- Developing and maintaining program databases and dashboards (through Excel and Tableau) for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, and training materials.- Produce compelling presentations and reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.- Support the Pediatric HIV Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Support the roll-out of a provincial electronic patient information system, including the development of materials, training, and M&E.- Support the Approved Post List (APL) and Budget Management Instrument (BMI) project in Mpumalanga and Free State with the potential to roll out to more provinces.- Conduct analysis and assist with implementation of multiple financial efficiency interventions across the public health system.- Support the Associates on the team with data preparation, analysis, and presentations.- Additional responsibilities, as requested by the SHF Program Manager.
- Lead the public finance management support to the MoH including creating and maintaining relationships with key MoH counterparts and other stakeholders;- Independently maintain key relationships with senior MoH leadership as focal point for specific projects;- Lead budget development and execution practices at the regional and central levels;- Support the MoH Accounts office and Financial Controller in evaluating budget utilization for key MoH programs and service delivery units;- Implement efficiency opportunities both at central, regional and facility level and support the MoH to implement the efficiency opportunities;- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery through efficient use of funds and resources;- Support the MoH Procurement Unit in improving procurement and supply chain practices for better resource allocation and service delivery;- Develop and implement quantitative data collection tools for resources tracking;- Support analysis that informs the design and implementation of health financing policies and reforms in Eswatini;- As needed, support cross-cutting workstream contributing towards attaining universal health coverage and sustainability;- Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of CHAI’s global operations, risks, and compliance requirements, and international auditing standards- Assess adequacy of governance, risk management processes, internal controls, compliance with regulation and policies- Influence positive change, add value to CHAI’s operations and share best practices- Plan and conduct financial, operational and compliance audit engagements (scopes, programs, testing) of CHAI country offices, global programs, and operational unit- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance policies and procedures and host countries regulations- Write clear and concise internal audit findings into reports format reflecting the results of the work performed- Provide value added recommendations that are applicable to specific business processes, country offices and programs- Review and validate implementation of management corrective actions and prepare quarterly reports on the status of corrective actions.- Raise awareness of the internal audit function and improve communication and collaboration with management and governance- Partner with management to identify risks and improve visibility of high risks for leadership- Conduct trainings on internal controls, compliance, risk management and governance- Promote awareness of fraud risks and red flags, and promote controls to deter and mitigate fraud risks- Assist with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee- Manage outsourced internal audits with consultants- Develop processes and analytical tools to improve efficiency of the Internal Audit activity. Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.- Maintain risk registers and control matrices- Organize and maintain clear and well-organized work papers- Conduct fact finding reviews and investigate allegations of financial misappropriations- Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Director, Internal Audit
Based within the CHAI Health Systems Strengthening cluster, the Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the CHAI Sustainable Health Financing team in the execution of the team’s workplan. Responsibilities include but not limited to:- Work closely with the CHAI Sustainable Health Financing team and government counterparts to plan, schedule, and organize activities- Lead preparation of activity budgets and ensure timely liquidation of all activities once completed, in line with CHAI and donor best practices and policies for sound financial management- Lead activity logistics in collaboration with the CHAI Finance and Operations teams, including disbursing allowances to meeting participants and ensuring that services such as venue hire, conferencing, printing, etc. are available for activities as relevant- Support drafting of meeting reports and other required documentation for donor reporting as needed- Maintain an effective and cordial relationship with government counterparts- Provide regular progress updates, including identifying and proactively flagging any emerging challenges in activity implementation for joint solution-finding- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
- Work with central and subnational malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building Excel-based budget models;- Conduct costing and financial analyses to identify resource gaps, prioritize activities based on cost-effectiveness, and develop new funding proposals in collaboration with national governments;- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application and implementation requirements for access and distribution of funding for malaria, including budget development and re-programming, quarterly work planning and budgeting at sub-national level, and performance reporting;- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation;- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them;- Assist national and sub-national government administrations to strengthen routine project management and planning processes to ensure effective implementation;- Assist in the creation of program management, activity implementation, and financial tracking dashboards;- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector at the regional, national, and subnational level;- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders related to malaria financing work in target countries;- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs, partner organizations, and country teams in the region to ensure coordination;- Provide program updates for donor reporting and best practice sharing;- Travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care; and- Other responsibilities as needed.Responsabilidades- Trabalhar com o pessoal do paludismo central e subnacional e com as equipas nacionais da CHAI para optimizar e custar as estratégias dos programas nacionais de paludismo através da construção de modelos orçamentais baseados em Excel;- Conduzir análises de custos e financeiras para identificar lacunas de recursos, priorizar atividades baseadas na relação custo-benefício e desenvolver novas propostas de financiamento em colaboração com os governos nacionais;- Apoiar os governos a satisfazer os pedidos do Fundo Global e satisfazer os requisitos de pedido e implementação de subsídios para acesso e distribuição de financiamento para o paludismo, incluindo desenvolvimento e reprogramação orçamental, planeamento e orçamentação trimestral do trabalho a nível subnacional, e relatórios de desempenho;- Apoiar os programas nacionais contra a malária para racionalizar o planeamento financeiro, o desembolso e os processos de acompanhamento, a fim de reduzir os obstáculos à implementação;- Identificar os principais obstáculos à gestão financeira das metas programáticas e trabalhar com os doadores e os governos dos países na concepção de soluções específicas para lidar com eles;- Ajudar as administrações governamentais nacionais e subnacionais a fortalecer a gestão rotineira de projetos e os processos de planejamento para garantir a implementação efetiva;- Ajudar na criação de painéis de gestão de programas, implementação de atividades e acompanhamento financeiro;- Construir fortes relações com as partes interessadas através do governo, organizações não governamentais e o sector privado a nível regional, nacional e subnacional;- Rascunhos de apresentações e relatórios para intervenientes internos e externos relacionados com o trabalho de financiamento do paludismo nos países alvo;- Coordenar reuniões e facilitar a partilha de conhecimentos entre programas governamentais, organizações parceiras e equipas de países da região para assegurar a coordenação;- Fornecer atualizações do programa para relatórios de doadores e compartilhamento de melhores práticas;- Viajar para regiões remotas com infra-estruturas e cuidados médicos limitados; e- Outras responsabilidades, se necessário.
Strategy development and resource mobilization- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT strategy.- Develop innovative concepts and proactively identify opportunities to raise funds to execute against CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV strategy and goals.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s pediatric HIV agenda.Management of the pediatric program portfolio- Translate CHAI’s overall strategy and vision into concrete deliverables and design programs that are set up to demonstrate improvements in pediatric outcomes.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of pediatric HIV topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve and refine CHAI’s approach as required.- Engage with CHAI country leadership and program teams to align on approaches, problem solve, provide technical and analytical support, track progress, and ensure pediatric HIV continues to be prioritized.- Ensure that we put affected communities – in this case, children and adolescents living with HIV – at the center of all we do, through meaningful community engagement and partnership.Donor & grant management- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with donors on pediatric-focused grants.- Ensure execution against grant priorities, targets, and deliverables.Team & People Management- Build a motivated, results-driven and dedicated team of strategic thinkers who can work across the matrix to ensure outcomes for children living with HIV improve in program countries.- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Collaboration with internal stakeholders- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on pediatric and adolescent focused projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Stay up-to-date on developments across relevant CHAI programs to identify synergies and opportunities where CHAI can magnify impact.Collaboration with global pediatric partners- Manage and build strong relationships with the broad ecosystem of global pediatric partners to identify gaps, design approaches, implement strategies, monitor impact, and continuously improve the strategic programmatic agenda of CHAI’s pediatric response.- Make positive and useful contributions to the overall pediatric HIV landscape and continue to cement CHAI’s role as an important partner in the pediatric space across diagnosis and treatment.- Represent CHAI in international fora on pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT.
Responsibilities and areas of support to government programs will include:- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development- Assist government programs and donors with addressing the long-term sustainability of malaria funding, by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working other technical teams and partners to streamline and integrate malaria services to lower costs- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI country teams- Serve as liaison between CHAI regional technical teams, country partners, and stakeholders- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support the program to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance.- Support the design of data management tools, systems, dashboards, analytics frameworks, and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance.- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions, and other measures.- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews.- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis.- Assist the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities.- Provide technical and capacity building assistance to the government staff.- Support the Program Manager to identify and bridge gaps pertaining effective implementation of the program’s priorities.- Performs moderate to highly complex analyses and presents findings in a clear, concise manner.- Other responsibilities as needed.