Click column header to sort
- Oversee the various workstreams in the global cancer programs, ensuring alignment with CHAI strategy and delivering for results- Seek out and develop new partnerships and potential sources of funding- Maintain external relationships with existing partners and donors- Oversee implementation of the current grant portfolio, ensuring delivery against targets and appropriate reporting and communications- Oversee a set of operational research projects, ensuring alignment with relevant ethical standards, programmatic objectives, and research quality- Provide senior level support to CHAI country leadership to advance key strategic priorities with Ministries of Health, such as increasing budget allocations for cancer medicines- Represent CHAI’s cancer program in external forums, to encourage movement towards evidence-based approaches that build on CHAI’s experience- Manage a high performing global team and support their professional development- Liaise with expert teams and relevant program teams across CHAI to strengthen program design and delivery- Oversee research, ideation, and concept development for new aspects of the program aligned to government priorities and programmatic need- Oversee the quality of proposals and technical deliverables- Represent the program to CHAI’s senior leadership- Lead the communication and advocacy agenda, including identifying opportunities for sector influence and leadership towards transformational change
Strategy: - Leading strategy development for key market shaping interventions- Creating and executing operational plans tied to strategy- Partnership Development & Management:- Driving the development and management of new and existing partnerships- Supporting complex multi-stakeholder communications and program implementationResearch:- Researching and synthesizing secondary information sources on the RAC market in India, Southeast Asia, and globally.- Identifying key experts and conducting interviews to support learning, outreach, and stakeholder engagement.- Designing and implementing surveys to capture key demand & supply dataAnalysis:- Analyzing data & modeling, e.g. manufacturer cost structure analysis; forecasting the impact of specific interventions on emissions- Company due diligence to inform our manufacturer or distributor outreach- Ideating ways to test proposed market-shaping interventions, and supporting the execution of pilots and other evidence-generating activities.Communications:- Creating key assets–presentations, reports, primers–to share our insights and results with internal and external stakeholdersProject Management:- Helping shape and execute monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the program.- Coordinating complex workstreams across internal & external teams- Perform other responsibilities, as requested by supervisor
Grant Management- Support finance managers and program leads in creating comprehensive budgets for new grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants) that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements.- Update financial reports, audit reports, and invoices for donors; working directly with relevant leadership within the Essential Medicines program responsible for the grant, as well as CHAI’s various country teams, and global partners.- Liaise with sub-grantees and subcontractors to assist with relevant budget and financial management components within the scope of the grant.- Oversee compliance with donor financial requirements.- Support financial close-out of grants coming to an end.Monthly Financial Review and Annual Budgeting- Develop and populate relevant tools to facilitate Manager and/or Director review of posted expenses across relevant programs and work collaboratively with Managers and Directors to identify necessary adjustments.- Analyze and report on monthly variances of operational expenses to budget; work with Managers and Directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to financial plans based on variances.- Support the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting process to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available.- Work with the appropriate Program Directors and Managers to allocate and track funding from Essential Medicines programs to other CHAI programs, including country teams.Operations Evaluation and Financial Planning- Lead in the creation and maintenance of financial models to track expenditure and generate forecasts to help drive programmatic decisions.- Support development of alternative scenario analyses to facilitate decision making by senior management; lead in financial risk management.- Identify, investigate, and implement potential operational improvement.- Perform other programmatic/operational duties as requested.
Strategy Development- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for global tuberculosis and country level TB programs, including supporting the development of the vision and priorities for workstreams, and overseeing the development of clear strategic and operational plans for program execution.- As a member of the leadership and management team for GTB, contribute to the strategy development for TB programs by sharing best practices and lessons learned from global and country programs, as appropriate.Program Management- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money.- Oversee execution of program performance of global TB grants against donor, grant, and internal budgets, deliverables, and timelines.- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting, and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation.- Support the development and conceptualization of high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Provide technical guidance and support for global and country-specific TB programs and guide teams to resolve issues and mitigate risks; and support problem resolution where needed to ensure implementation progress and overall delivery of grant commitments.- Manage and build relationships with various external partners, including UN organizations, donors, implementing partners, technical partners, and suppliers, develop partner engagement strategy, and oversee partner engagement by staff members.- Work with technical staff to identify opportunities for evidence generation, and plan and execute evidence generation activities to inform international and national policy related to TB programmatic priorities.- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI global teams and country teams working across the organizational matrix to ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Engage with country team leadership and TB program managers to assist with the development of the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy, and supervise the implementation and execution at country level.- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to country government counterparts, global INGOs, and multi-lateral/bi-lateral organizations on a variety of TB market access issues.- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.Human Resources Management- Oversee overall staffing strategy, including direct people management responsibilities for recruitment, compensation, promotion decisions, and employee performance to ensure that team is objectively evaluated.- Directly line manage 1-3 GTB team members (at the manager and country support associate levels), including providing regular and ongoing technical support and performance management.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of the global tuberculosis program.New Program Development- In partnership with Senior Director, set fundraising goals, identify, and develop fundraising opportunities.- Identify potential opportunities to leverage donor and private sector resources.- Support fundraising, including proposal development, for new opportunities where appropriate.- Engage in regular cross-team global team meetings to ensure that TB is appropriately integrated into overall program planning and implementation for new business development opportunities, where appropriate.Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
- Prepare monthly financial reports on schedule covering – cash; investment and currency.- Organize documentation and prepare reconciliation reports covering monthly treasury deliverables.- Prepare annual, quarterly and multi-year funding forecast at grant and organization level.- Prepare document package and initiate financial transaction on the bank portal.- Record and reconcile the bank accounts for treasury monthly financial close.- Review daily cash inflows and send the cash notifications.- Update and maintain grant income and cash monitoring and tracking models.- Monitor cash flows and currency trends; perform trend and scenarios analysis as needed with market/external data.- Review costs and perform cost benefit analyses related to projects and/or programs. Recommend cost improvement measures related to program financing and investments.- Record, classify, and summarize cash /revenue transactions and events in accordance with treasury procedures and policies.- Collaborate with finance functional teams in Boston across treasury activities.- Work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work.- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to analyze data and generate summary reports.- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Strengthen the capacity of regional MoH to select and implement interventions aimed towards achieving malaria elimination.- Coordinate with local health partners, local authorities, and the CHAI Panama team the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of local-level plans.- Evaluate the impact of interventions on malaria transmission at the regional and local level.- Design training plans and support the development of associated training materials to build Ministry of Health staff and community health workers’ capacity to execute malaria interventions effectively.- Work in collaboration with the local level to support the use of the malaria module and other electronic surveillance systems for malaria.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and work with the regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to develop and implement solutions to address bottlenecks.- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools.- Support local-level Ministry of Health staff with regular site visits to community health workers and health facilities in Guna Yala and Ngabe Bugle.- Work closely with the Program Manager, the Research Associate, the Vector Control Associate, and CHAI´s regional technical advisors to design and implements data-driven actions.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Serve as a trusted adviser for the national and regional Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in meetings with partner organizations and Ministry of Health officials as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with national and regional health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor
Corporate Governance Support- Spearhead updates to local/foreign entity board of directors as a result of personnel changes. This includes facilitation of signatures according to established protocol and interfacing with executive level CHAI staff over email and in-person.- Solicit notarizations and apostille/legalizations on document(s) as requested.- Review of legal invoices received from third parties. Where the Coordinator deems that costs are appropriate, the Coordinator will solicit approval from the budget owner and prepare/submit payment requests.- Work independently to prepare and submit CHAI’s domestic solicitation of funds registration renewals. This will require familiarity with CHAI’s IRS 990 and audited financials.- Fastidious management of Global Operations Team’ cloud-based files according to a rubric on file naming, folder creation, etc.- Miscellaneous administrative duties directly related to registrations and local entity compliance support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, original document storage, etc.Corporate Insurance Support- Support Global Operations team with annual renewal process of CHAI corporate insurances. This includes but is not limited to liaising with CHAI teams to fill out insurance renewal applications.- Maintain and track global and in-country insurance policies.- Work with team to create and execute a project plan for procurement of new policies, insurance renewals, and ad hoc insurance needs.Meeting Coordination and Planning- Plan and execute logistics for internal meetings or external conferences at international locations.- Work with Safety & Security Team to understand safety & security risks of meeting location and appropriately communicate to attendees- Execute meeting logistics including collecting participant flight information and arranging on-the-ground transportation, on-site support, Internet, AV needs, scheduling and all other related needs.Act as Resource for Meeting Coordination Across CHAI- Manage Meeting Coordination Resources Suite including the information and guidance for meeting planning process, rules, and expectations- Liaise with all coordinators planning meetings to ensure proper procedures are followed for all CHAI meetings; routinely share best practices with coordinators and host biannual training/information sessionsSupport Internal Communications- Manage the Global Events Calendar; liaise with teams to collect important organizational dates and information to include in calendar and resources suite, including large organizational meetings, orientations, workshops, conferences, team meetings, relevant external conferences, etc.- Regularly update tools and resources for information sharingWork with teams to help create portals for team information
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
- Strengthen the capacity of regional MoH to select and implement interventions aimed towards achieving malaria elimination. - Coordinate with local health partners, local authorities, and the CHAI Honduras team the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of foci micro plans, including:- Development of monthly operational plans with Foci Management Teams (FMTs)- On-the-job training and mentorship of FMTs- Measuring micro plan implementation progress- Evaluating the impact of interventions on malaria transmission in specific foci.- Design training plans and support the development of associated training materials to build Ministry of Health staff and community health workers’ capacity to execute malaria interventions effectively.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities.- Work in collaboration with the local level to support the use of the malaria module and other electronic surveillance systems for malaria.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and work with the regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to develop and implement solutions to address bottlenecks.- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools.- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health and partner organizations to design and implement epidemiological and entomological studies according to the research protocols.- Support local-level Ministry of Health staff with regular site visits to community health workers and health facilities in Gracias a Dios.- Work closely with the Program Manager, the Research Associate, the Vector Control Associate, and CHAI´s regional technical advisors to design and implements data-driven actions.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Serve as a trusted adviser for the national and regional Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in meetings with partner organizations and Ministry of Health officials as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with national and regional health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Other responsibilities as needed.