Click column header to sort
Grant Management- Support program leads in creating comprehensive budgets for new grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants) that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements- Create and manage completion of financial reports, audit reports, and invoices for donors, working directly with the relevant leadership within IDRL responsible for the grant, as well as CHAI’s various country teams, global partners, Director of Budgeting and Reporting and Chief Financial Officer for validation and approval of reports- Liaise with sub-grantees and sub-contractors to manage all relevant budget and financial management components within the scope of the grant- Oversee compliance with donor financial requirements- Manage financial close-out of grants coming to an endMonthly Financial Review and Annual Budgeting- Develop and populate relevant tools to facilitate Manager and/or Director review of posted expenses across relevant programs and work collaboratively with Managers and Directors to identify necessary adjustments- Analyze and report on monthly variances of operational expenses to budget; work with Managers and Directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to financial plans based on variances; conduct monthly reviews of activities with Directors and EVP- Lead the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting for some of IDRL's teams to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available- Work with the appropriate IDRL Directors and Managers to allocate and track funding from IDRL programs to other CHAI programs, including country teamsOperations Evaluation and Financial Planning- Work with IDRL Finance colleagues on the evaluation of program performance e.g. appraisal of cost-allocation and management of key business drivers- Lead in the creation and maintenance of financial models to track expenditure and generate forecasts to help drive programmatic decisions- Support development of alternative scenario analyses to facilitate decision making by senior management; lead in financial risk management- Identify, investigate, and implement potential operational improvementOther- Facilitate training on finance-related issues to non-finance staff; ensure corporate memory is retained; facilitate knowledge transfer of best practices between IDRL programs- Create tools and reports for budgeting and planning purposes- Perform other programmatic/operational duties as requested by the EVP
- Engage closely with the RMEI partners and the Guatemalan national malaria program to identify gaps to malaria elimination and develop solutions to close gaps.- Lead the planning of CHAI’s operational and technical support to the national malaria program and oversee project performance against workplans.Build strong relationships with stakeholders within the government and RMEI partners.- Assist the national malaria program to optimize the allocation of available funding while identifying any remaining financial gaps preventing robust implementation of national malaria strategic plans.- Evaluate the potential for new tools or strategies to contribute to national plans and, as appropriate, facilitate the process for planning and rolling out these tools in context-appropriate ways.- Collaborate with national malaria program and RMEI partners to design and implement local operational plans.- Assist government partners to develop evidence-based policies, plans, and strategies.- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of epidemiological, entomological, and intervention data, and support the government in using data for decision-making.- Support regional health offices in Escuintla, Izabal, Alta Verapaz, and other high-risk areas of the country to implement, monitor, and evaluate malaria interventions.- Oversee the work of a team of CHAI country associates on a day to day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery of CHAI support.- Establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms within the CHAI malaria team in order to ensure well-coordinated work streams.- Work closely with CHAI’s regional and global management teams and technical advisors to set strategic areas for expansion and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Work closely with CHAI’s regional and global management to plan annual budgets, track expenditures, and write donor reports on progress.- Disseminate outputs through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications and communicate them internally and externally.- Work closely with CHAI’s regional operations team to ensure compliance with safety, legal and financial protocols.- Maintain administrative responsibilities related to staff, including facilitating travel of regional staff, coordinating regional meetings, and supporting country staff with daily administrative functions.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the project’s Senior Advisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Supporting the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary- Development of an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Logistical management of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Data collection and analysis of investment and procurement decisions- Coordination with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Preparation and production of final report, recommendations and analysis- Development of concept notes and new project proposals in follow up- Any other duties as required
Strategic Planning and Leadership (40%)- Serves on the global leadership team, reporting to the CEO and shaping strategic decisions for the organization.- Develop and execute a positioning strategy to develop CHAI’s role as a catalytic thought leader and agent of change in global health.- Direct and update CHAI’s global communications strategy and manage Communications team to implement the strategy.- Develop and lead messaging and brand voice for the organization and ensure quality, consistency, and integrity across teams and media platforms.- Develop, coordinate, and implement communications plans in partnership with program and country teams and other partners to raise awareness about CHAI’s mission and impact.- Develop and execute cohesive internal communications strategy in partnership with other Operations groups.- Manage and mitigate risk and lead crisis communications.Content Development/Writing and Editing (30%)- Provide communications support to CHAI leadership and CEO such as strategic guidance, talking points, briefing memos, event prep, speeches, presentations, or op-eds.- Develop and prepare materials including briefing memos and talking points when needed for members of CHAI’s Board of Directors.- Organize and lead communications events including webinars, press conferences, and relevant industry conferences and symposia and prep participants.- Write, develop, and edit materials including CHAI’s annual report, key leadership documents, talking points, press releases, white papers, and policy briefs.Media Relations and Other Communications Activities (30%)- Direct and lead media outreach and public relations as primary spokesperson for organization.- Lead communications training for CHAI teams.- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Market Intelligence- Maintain an organized, up-to-date knowledge base of the market landscape for key products in the oxygen space- Maintain a pricing database from quotes received in prior procurements (among other sources) and analyze pricing trends and influences across different product categories- Support targeted efforts (through desk research, data collection, lead generation, etc.) to landscape new products / markets as needed to support overall program strategy and/or country planning / implementation. Examples include:- Consumables and equipment suppliers- Medical equipment distributors- Repair and Maintenance vendors- PSA/Liquid oxygen production site database- Document effective methods and sources for rapid market landscaping and company research- Recommend strategic priorities, objectives, and/or approaches based on an up-to-date knowledge of global and regional market landscapes for key products- Supplier Management- Maintain a central relationship management database / tool on key manufacturers and distributors in collaboration with the EM Procurement Officer where appropriate- Support senior Global Team members with supplier negotiations, communications, and general relationship management functions- Coordinate markets and technical support / inputs for country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with EM Procurement Officer and EM Engineering technical specialists- Market Shaping Interventions- Supporting with company due diligence / research, market position analyses, reference pricing development, sensitivity analysis, etc.- Country-specific vendor identification / selection and due diligence- Demand forecasting analytical support- Demand vs. supply mapping- Basic supply model mapping & development (facility selection recommendations and defining equipment requirements)- Including packages of recommendations for MoH / stakeholders- Cost modelling and options analysis for above- Support supplier engagement efforts, incl. negotiations and deal development, with analytics and background desk research- Provide input / assistance to country support managers in response to markets-related country team needs / requests
Support of Registrations & Insurance (50%)- In partnership with the Associate Director, Global Operations lead annual renewal process for CHAI corporate insurances. Manage CHAI’s corporate insurance coverages, including but not limited to the procurement of new coverages, renewal of policies under CHAI’s current commercial insurance program, maintenance and tracking of CHAI’s global and in-country insurance policies- Oversee CHAI’s domestic solicitation of funds registration and registration renewals. Direct and manage work done by third-party consultants and Global Operations Coordinator- Support CHAI’s Finance, Payroll, Contracts, Human Resources, and other Boston teams as needed with document requests (e.g., assisting with Power of Attorney updates, tracking of insurance matters)Meeting Coordination & Leadership Support (25%)Operations Leadership Team Support*- Global Operations coordinate for the Operations Leadership Team (“OLT”), including:- Schedule in-person and phone meetings- Put together and disseminate agenda- Take notes and track action items coming out of meeting- Prepare communication for OLT to share with their staff on key outcomes of meetings- Work with members to put together briefing information for OLT and SLT meetings- Support the development of Operations StrategyProgram Leadership Team Support*- Global Operations coordinate for the Program Leadership Team (“PLT”), including:- Schedule in-person and phone meetings- Put together and disseminate agenda- Take notes and track action items coming out of meeting- Prepare communication for PLT to share with their staff on key outcomes of meetings- Manage Global Ops Coordinator’s coordination of OLT/PLT meeting logisticsMeeting Coordination Strategy- Develop tools to support the costing and planning of CHAI meetings, in order to guide meeting coordinators around meeting planning and logistics- Oversee the Global Operations Coordinator’s onboarding of newly hired coordinators around Meeting Coordination Resources- Address challenges faced regarding meeting coordinationOperations Working Group (10%)- Lead recurring meetings of mid-level operations staff to discuss new initiatives, challenges, and projects that cross-cut operations teams- Provide updates on programmatic and operational initiatives- Create tools to increase operational efficiency and workshop them in the Operations Working Group (OWG); working to push through cross-operational projects- Work cross-functionally to ensure that information is being properly disseminated and teams have everything needed to push forward operational tasks and initiatives- Represent the OWG in quarterly presentations to the Operations Leadership Team (OLT)Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Manager (10%) Operations Dashboard (5%)- Lead design and strategy of the Operations Dashboard which serves as quarterly distribution to CHAI leadership with updates, new initiatives, and information on CHAI- Works with other operations team to pull in applicable workstreams and updates- Oversee Global Operations Coordinator in the maintenance and updates of operations dashboard
- Researching and synthesizing secondary information sources on the RAC market globally and in Nigeria and India- Company due diligence to inform our manufacturer or distributor outreach- Designing and implementing surveys to capture key demand & supply data- Identifying key experts and conducting interviews for strategic learning on the RAC market- Analyzing data & modeling, e.g. manufacturer cost structure analysis; forecasting the impact of specific interventions on emissions- Creating key assets–presentations, reports, primers–to share our insights and results with internal and external stakeholders- Ideating ways to test proposed market-shaping interventions, and running experiments for a market validated-approach - Developing and implementing project management tools to coordinate complex workstreams across internal & external teams- Perform other responsibilities, as requested by supervisor
Overall, this Director will be responsible for the planning, quality, delivery, and management across all aspects of the implementation project including future state architecture and organizational change management. The individual would be required to: - Lead the transformation opportunities within the scope of the project- Keep the project on schedule, to cost, within scope, and to the expected quality- Ensure integration of other peripheral finance applications- Create a cohesive team environment for all internal and external resources engaged in the project- Champions the avoidance/removal of heavy customization and pushes all teams to deliver and adopt standard solutions- Partner with the finance and IT team to define project strategy and roadmap for the financial ERP system and supporting systems. Execute the strategy, track against milestones, and drive results in collaboration with partner teams- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication. The external team includes vendors and consultants as applicable- Translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts and articulate technical solutions- Assess current financial policies and procedures and, from that, develop the ideal workflow to be used with the new ERP system- Ensure that workflows incorporate key financial controls as identified in policies and procedures- Research problems/issues as they arise and propose solutions- Document, communicate, and manage changes that surface during design and implementation- Develop a training curriculum for finance and operational staff, as well as program staff on finance-related activities. Training materials should include user guides and job aids- Work with key finance leads to identify all types of reporting that will be needed from the new system. Then, working with the vendor, develop these reports as required- Run change management to ensure effective adoption of new financial system solutions- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication. The external team includes vendors and consultants as applicable- Act as a point of escalation for project delivery issues from all partners and stakeholders- Owns the plan to handover project to the operations (business systems) team and follow-on legacy system decommissioning- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed