Click column header to sort
- Serve as a trusted adviser to national malaria programs on issues related to vector control and entomology- Provide technical and operational support with implementing vector control interventions, including insecticide-treated nets, larval source management, and indoor residual spraying, in targeted foci of malaria transmission. This includes ensuring that vector control campaigns are planned and executed well, and identifying and disseminating lessons learned after intervention implementation- Support national programs with translating evidence, current research, and normative guidelines on vector control, entomological investigation and monitoring and surveillance into practical programmatic and field operations. This includes updating and reviewing national strategic plans, guidelines, and policies for vector control technical content in order to align with global recommendations, as well as communicating information on available and pipeline products and interventions for tool selection decisions- Support NMCPs with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to support government capacity and effective execution of malaria program- Work in close coordination with internal analytics team to facilitate implementation of operational research projects, including conducting background research, designing surveys, writing and editing protocols, conducting data analysis, and writing reports- Support national and sub-national government partners with evidence-based decision making, including analyzing, interpreting, and using data- Disseminate findings through high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations at the regional level, including technical partners like PAHO and the Inter-American Development Bank.- Support identifying potential sources for potential resource gaps in vector control, and mobilize additional funding to address these gaps- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria, and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools- Coordinate with Senior Malaria Regional Manager and country teams on programmatic and budgetary aspects of vector control implementation- Co-manage vector control technical associates based in countries of operation, including training and mentoring these associates, overseeing the technical components of their work, and supporting staff to ensure high quality delivery of vector control support- Establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms within the CHAI malaria team to ensure a motivated and well-functioning team and well-coordinated work streams to maximize impact of CHAI’s support to national program- Support other strategic and technical areas as necessary- Coordinate with the Regional Director and other CHAI teams as necessary
Operational Support – 55%- Proactively liaise with internal HR department staff on cross cutting themes related to Talent Acquisition at CHAI, and communicate challenges that occur within the Recruitment process to other HR leaders to ensure there is internal collaboration in resolving issues with CHAI Hiring Teams.- Lead position assignment to Global Recruitment team members and provide guidance to Hiring Teams when requesting support on the new hire processes, including but not limited to: uploading job descriptions, DEI Considerations, level of positions, compensation guidance, and base location requirements.- Develop a deep understanding of CHAI’s recruiting operations and effectively communicate the talent acquisition process across the organization.- Manage internal and alumni candidate process: manage and update the database of current internal, and alumni candidates, serve as main point of contact for employees, hiring teams, and managers on internal recruitment processes and communication. This process will involve, but isn’t limited to:- Review, edit, and advertise all new positions on CHAI’s careers portal.- Complete reference checks for candidates hired through Global Talent Acquisition team.- Develop background check process, aligning with donor reporting requirements- Complete ad hoc recruitment of full time and volunteer positions: completing kick off calls with hiring managers, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, scheduling interviews, and extending offers.- Provide ongoing guidance and recommendations on recruitment process optimization through ongoing collaboration with internal HR teams, and other recruitment operations stakeholders.- Manage the maintenance, and update of existing recruitment resources available to the organization, including the development of new resources.Administrative Support - 20%- Daily management of Recruitment Team inbox: effectively triage communication that comes to the Recruitment Inbox to the appropriate members of the Global TA/HR Team, ensuring to respond to questions and urgent matters in a timely fashion.- Create and update Global TA Team Process documents, including training materials, communications templates, and reference documents.- Manage the Global TA Team Job board database(s), and provide ongoing guidance/updates to the TA Team on job board management.- Work closely with Associate Director, Global TA on the creation, and management of resource development for Hiring Teams.- Work closely with CHAI’s HRIS, Systems Analyst to optimize recruitment search and reporting functions. Support streamlining systems on the recruitment side; provide guidance to team members on better utilization of existing system.- Facilitate systems integration and local training efforts with CHAI’s HRIS system – working with HRIS Systems Analyst Manage the triaging and responses to messages directed to the Talent Acquisition inbox.- Coordinate Global Talent Acquisition bi-weekly team meetings and agendas.People Management - 15% – this position has the flexible opportunity to manage one to two direct report(s). This would involve:- Overseeing the execution of their full-cycle recruitment processes. Ensuring that direct reports are supported with operational/logistical matters, applicant tracking, maintaining relationships with hiring managers and following other processes.- Provide advice, coaching, and act as a thought partner to direct reports and others on the team as needed.- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions for a wide range of issues and queries that arise daily.- Provide feedback on a weekly basis and conduct annual performance reviews.- Work with direct reports to assess their professional development goals and set achievable short-term and long-term targets. As needed, coordinate across the broader global HR team to ensure opportunities are made available for growth that align with these goals.- Step in to provide coverage for direct reports when direct reports are offline.- Track personal time-off, vacation and other leave days.External Relationship & Pipeline Management – 10%- Manage relationships with professional and academic partners to place short term volunteers and externs: screening candidates, confirming funding, and reviewing financial agreements.- Manage pipeline of referral and volunteer candidates: interviewing and maintaining contact with candidates and sharing profiles with members of the Talent Acquisition and hiring teams.
Big Picture and Special Projects – research, writing, analysis, and thought partnership to inform CHAI’s forward-looking strategy (40%)- Support early-stage exploration, development and, if warranted, execution of key organizational initiatives in close collaboration with the CEO and relevant members of leadership. These will vary based on shifting priorities but may include topics such as: researching the academic literature and market analysis to inform entry into new lines of work; researching best practices and developing tailored operational plans for how to strengthen organizational culture, values, and morale; development of cross-organizational strategy initiatives, etc.- Support the development of new initiatives and org-wide and departmental strategies in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders.- Executive-level presentations and writing - work with the Communications team on thought leadership and sector influence such as drafting op-eds, thought leadership pieces, and presentations at conferences.High-quality execution – Coordination, liaising, and driving execution with Leadership team, Board of Directors and external partners (40%) - Serve as liaison between the CEO, Board of Directors, CHAI senior leadership, country and program leaders, and operational departments, regarding program and project updates, donor relations and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and planning.- Plan content and oversee execution of all Board meetings, leadership team meetings and more to ensure key enterprise-wide issues are discussed and clear outcomes are identified. E.g.,- CHAI Leadership meetings:- Schedule, manage, organize, and distribute meeting content and track deliverables from meetings of all CHAI Leadership Teams – SLT, OLT, PLT and special committees (E.g., DEI).- Work with leadership teams to ensure timely execution of key strategic initiatives, collaborating across programmatic and operations teams.- Join most calls (internal and external) and selected travel with CEO in order to effectively serve as a thought partner to CEO and to ensure critically triaging and high-quality follow-through on all action items.- Other duties as assigned (ex. logistics and support for leadership or BOD meetings).Logistical support (20%) - Manage the shared Operations Associate who will be responsible for all scheduling and logistics. E.g.,- Manage the CEO’s schedule, planning travel and scheduling Board and Leadership meetings.- Plan, coordinate, and keep meetings focused and coordinated including preparing written materials and communication, and other tasks, as assigned.- Overall support: dynamically provide support and gap-filling as needed on cross-cutting organizational initiatives to enable the CEO to focus on running the organization. The above responsibilities will be carried out by working closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, SLT, PLT, OLT, country leadership and Board.
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Work directly with governmental malaria programs to identify operational gaps and devise context-appropriate, evidence-based solutions- Collaborate with governmental staff and the Pan American Health Organization to identify key impediments to malaria elimination- Support efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for vector control activities- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance, LLINs durability and residuality IRS monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions- Support government efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of vector Control Interventions- Serve as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. Developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, and policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country- Support with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for MoH and external partners on CHAI’s support on CHW networks, foci management teams, and new tools for vivax radical cure in Panamá- Serve as focal point for case management within CHAI Panama through the design, implementation, and supervision of case management interventions- Identify systemic bottlenecks in the MoH’s processes and develop novel tools and strategies that can be implemented at the subnational level- Lead routine data consolidation and presentation of results on case management service coverage and progress towards elimination targets in sub-national geographies- Conduct ministry and external partner stakeholder mapping and interviews to collect information related to coordination between government units for procurement and registration processes- Build expertise on vivax radical cure tools and dissemination of evidence through providing technical support to the MoH for the planning and implementation of partner coordination meetings and workshops- Lead development of evaluation reports and evidence dissemination presentations and meetings in coordination with ministry and external partners- Lead implementation of projects in coordination with the MoH to strengthen case management and radical cure: develop project plans and materials, support coordination of activities, monitor progress, evaluate results, and ensure communication between partners- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Support MoH in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, guidelines and other materials as required for trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Other duties as assigned
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the project’s Senior Advisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Supporting the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary- Development of an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Logistical management of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Data collection and analysis of investment and procurement decisions- Coordination with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Preparation and production of final report, recommendations and analysis- Development of concept notes and new project proposals in follow up- Any other duties as required
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Coordinate with local health partners, local authorities, and the CHAI Guatemala team to monitor and evaluate the implementation of foci micro plans, including:- Development of monthly operational plans with FMTs- On-the-job training and mentorship of FMTs- Measuring micro plan implementation progress- Ensure that FMTs act according to directions, rules, and regulations, including on-time and complete reporting.- Evaluating the impact of current interventions on malaria transmission in specific foci.- Attend local level meetings related to the compilation of epidemiological, entomological, intervention coverage, operational and financial data for project monitoring and evaluation.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities.- Work in collaboration with the local level to support the use of the malaria module and other electronic surveillance systems for malaria.- Provide logistical support in partnership with local staff for implementation of trainings within the DTIR framework.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of malaria elimination plans and work with the CHAI country malaria team and other partners to develop solutions to rapidly address those bottlenecks- Compile inputs and draft necessary presentations/reports for internal stakeholders and donors- Provide program and operations updates for progress reports and best practice sharing- Represent CHAI in partners meetings, as needed- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with the health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with local community authorities- Other responsibilities as defined by the program manager.
- Oversee all front desk activities; welcome and direct visitors to CHAI’s Boston office- Provide professional oral and written communications to internal and external stakeholders; respond promptly to general email inquiries- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and monitor CHAI’s voicemail daily- Coordinate all domestic and international mail, package and shipping activities; receive, sort and distribute all mail and packages to various Boston-based staff- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events- Perform basic facilities management functions, including but not limited to regular monitoring of office equipment and replenishment of office supplies- Maintain directories and seating charts for Boston-based staff and all vendor contacts- Assist in preparing Boston office service related invoices for payment- Assist the other Boston departments in the completion of daily processing tasks and special projects- Other administrative functions as required
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations- Prepare monthly preliminary and final financial statements for country teams- Intercompany reconciliations- Analyze monthly variances to budget- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports- Assist in the monthly close process- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and compliance- Review monthly cash reports from country teams for accuracy and compliance with accounting principles- Reconciliation of monthly bank activity for country teams- Preparation of journal entries- Review the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts- Monitor the financial activity on assigned programs and prepares expenditure reports for program managers as needed- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements that relate to various fund types and account groups- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work- Perform other tasks as necessary