Click column header to sort
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the project’s Senior Advisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Supporting the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary- Development of an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Logistical management of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Data collection and analysis of investment and procurement decisions- Coordination with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Preparation and production of final report, recommendations and analysis- Development of concept notes and new project proposals in follow up- Any other duties as required
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.
- Support the malaria program in the Sud-department to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, including:- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.- Providing the malaria program in the Sud-department with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes.- Program Management:- Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets.- Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donors.- Partnership, Representation & Communication:- - Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in the Sud-department.- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in the Sud-department.- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant.- Any other tasks identified.
Administrative Support for CEO – 80% · Manage calendars, including the scheduling of calls, meetings and travel· Coordinate travel logistics (international and domestic) including: booking flights, hotel accommodation, ground transportation, ensuring compliance with country-specific entry or exit requirements, procuring visas and communication with country teams and/or partners· Track receipts and prepare and submit monthly expense reports· Manage scheduling, logistics, and communication with internal and external partners· This includes tracking and sharing agenda items, meeting objectives, and meeting pre-reads with the relevant stakeholders· Create a weekly report of the upcoming week’s meeting schedule and share with relevant leadership.· Role can be potentially expanded to other members of leadership depending on availability Additional responsibilities may include ~20% · Meeting Coordination for CEO/Senior Leadership· Support Senior Leadership with various strategic/special projects.
- Plan and attend team meetings including assisting in the arrangements of hotels, tracking related expenses and agendas for team meetings; coordinate planning and execution of in-person CHAI-wide workforce summit with participants from 10+ countries- Manage team management and communication platforms including Microsoft Teams and Asana; and compile and send weekly team newsletter including updates on team processes, reminders, and relevant literature- Coordinate quarterly team goal setting and key result definition, including monthly updates and progress tracking- Coordinate semi-annual professional development self-assessments and action plan development- Continuously refresh team norms documentation and create forum for discussion and reminders- Develop, edit, and format reports, work plans, budgets, correspondence, and technical materials such as: health workforce overview deck, CHAI-wide health workforce strategy; and health workforce investment case- Oversee knowledge management of team and organization-wide workforce resources in Box cloud- Establish internal CHAI community of practice for health workforce using Microsoft Teams channel and manage communication agenda; coordinate periodic engagements such as CHAI-wide webinars on health workforce technical content, sharing of resources and literature, and reminders about upcoming events and opportunities- Coordinate team activities to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion including engagement of external consultants for trainings, collation of resources, and workplan follow up- Serve as secretariat for team wellness committee including developing and overseeing team bonding activities- Track resource mobilization opportunities in online databases and coordinate knowledge management in Asana and Box cloud on scoping and engagement of different funders; scope funders including smaller foundations for potential partnerships; contribute writing and editing to funding proposal development- Coordinate team administration such as completion of mandatory trainings, carbon emissions tracking, and monthly call agendas and follow-ups- Support on-boarding and orientation of new staff- Produce research briefs on topics such as teaching hospital governance models and best practices, and academic scheduling software- Other duties as assigned
- Develop knowledge management system for capturing industry best practices and lessons learned across CHAI focus countries- Develop and provide routine updates to teams via the Essential Medicines listserv including latest global EM developments, relevant literature, and CHAI country team progress/achievements- Support effective communications across teams- Manage team information systems- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize information to inform team’s decision on new strategic priorities- Plan program events, including both logistics and content- Support data cleaning and management or organization of data and files- Write, edit, and format reports and proposals- Organize and compile documentation of program activities- Support administrative tasks for grant compliance as necessary, such as time sheets- Maintain calendar of donor reporting and manage/coordinate inputs across teams for assembling donor reports- Other responsibilities as needed
- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Perform as the key touch point and liaison for internal and external partners and colleagues in the vector control space- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetings- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive intervention- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
Big Picture and Special Projects – research, writing, analysis, and thought partnership to inform CHAI’s forward-looking strategy (40%)- Support early-stage exploration, development and, if warranted, execution of key organizational initiatives in close collaboration with the CEO and relevant members of leadership. These will vary based on shifting priorities but may include topics such as: researching the academic literature and market analysis to inform entry into new lines of work; researching best practices and developing tailored operational plans for how to strengthen organizational culture, values, and morale; development of cross-organizational strategy initiatives, etc.- Support the development of new initiatives and org-wide and departmental strategies in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders.- Executive-level presentations and writing - work with the Communications team on thought leadership and sector influence such as drafting op-eds, thought leadership pieces, and presentations at conferences.High-quality execution – Coordination, liaising, and driving execution with Leadership team, Board of Directors and external partners (40%) - Serve as liaison between the CEO, Board of Directors, CHAI senior leadership, country and program leaders, and operational departments, regarding program and project updates, donor relations and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and planning.- Plan content and oversee execution of all Board meetings, leadership team meetings and more to ensure key enterprise-wide issues are discussed and clear outcomes are identified. E.g.,- CHAI Leadership meetings:- Schedule, manage, organize, and distribute meeting content and track deliverables from meetings of all CHAI Leadership Teams – SLT, OLT, PLT and special committees (E.g., DEI).- Work with leadership teams to ensure timely execution of key strategic initiatives, collaborating across programmatic and operations teams.- Join most calls (internal and external) and selected travel with CEO in order to effectively serve as a thought partner to CEO and to ensure critically triaging and high-quality follow-through on all action items.- Other duties as assigned (ex. logistics and support for leadership or BOD meetings).Logistical support (20%) - Manage the shared Operations Associate who will be responsible for all scheduling and logistics. E.g.,- Manage the CEO’s schedule, planning travel and scheduling Board and Leadership meetings.- Plan, coordinate, and keep meetings focused and coordinated including preparing written materials and communication, and other tasks, as assigned.- Overall support: dynamically provide support and gap-filling as needed on cross-cutting organizational initiatives to enable the CEO to focus on running the organization. The above responsibilities will be carried out by working closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, SLT, PLT, OLT, country leadership and Board.