Click column header to sort
- Develop and maintain effective processes to facilitate efficient operations of HAP- Organize, plan, and execute global virtual and in person conferences and meetings- Support with scheduling calls and recording and disseminating minutes- Providing scheduling support to HAP’s Senior Director and other team members as needed- Ensure knowledge flow, including the sharing and management of information and knowledge, across HAP and broader CHAI teams to facilitate the effective operation of HAP’s program goals- Maintaining and expanding knowledge management platforms to enable information sharing across HAP sub-teams- Supporting fundraising efforts of the global HAP team- Proactively develop and maintain the operational systems, processes, tools, policies, templates, and SOPs in support of HIV Program goals- May include other activities to support program objectives in response to ad hoc requests
- Lead grant management and reporting of subgrantees and consortium partners for key HIV treatment and AHD projects.- Foster strategic collaborations with consortium partners and external stakeholders to strengthen project goals and facilitate cross-organizational coordination.- Support the financial management of CHAI subgrantees ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor requirements.- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy for the THRIVE project to increase visibility of the program’s impact.- Provide oversight for the production of internal and external communication products, including webinars, presentations, case studies, newsletters, internal briefing documents, and blog posts.- Support end-to-end grant and project management for key HIV treatment and AHD grants, including donor engagement, development of grant management processes and systems, and development of reports and project proposals.- Supervise a team of 2-3 operations staff responsible for project managing key HIV and AHD grants and managing overall operations for the HAP program.- Support the HAP Senior Director and manage certain cross-cutting internal and external initiatives across the HAP Team.- Serve as the primary point of contract within the HIV Access Program for coordinating with the CHAI Communications team in the development of external materials and content related to the HIV program.- Coordinate and support HAP’s cross-team fundraising and donor engagement strategies, including new donor scoping and project managing proposal development for HIV treatment and AHD and opportunities that cut across HAP.- Any other duties as assigned.
Drive NVI program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Develop, support and manage a team of ~1-2 global associates/technical advisors on the NVI team, to drive team effectiveness and engagement across the portfolio.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives, strategies and milestones regarding new vaccine introductions.- Assess progress against program objectives in areas of focus in collaboration with country team and regional managers.- Help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, key risks & opportunities, and action plan going forward; effectively manage donor relationships.Lead CHAI's vaccines program in the area of new vaccine introduction, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Develop/update CHAI’s strategy and thought leadership related to new vaccine introductions, both at global and country level, to increase CHAI’s effectiveness and impact.- Support fundraising and grant proposal and budget development in line with CHAI’s strategy, model, competitive priorities and capabilities, both at country and global level.- Foster horizontal collaboration across Global Vaccine Delivery sub-teams to ensure NVI interventions are leveraged to support other CHAI’s vaccine delivery objectives (e.g. improving vaccine cold chain and supply chain, supporting service delivery at the last mile, supporting sub-national level management systems, ensuring successful transition from Gavi support, leveraging immunization to support primary health care strengthening etc.); putting in place appropriate mechanisms to ensure cross-fertilization across these objectives.- Foster collaboration with other CHAI teams, including Vaccines Markets Team, Global Malaria, Global Cervical Cancer teams etc to align strategic activities between new vaccine introductions and other relevant health interventions.Provide strategic and programmatic leadership for the design and implementation of work in focus countries to dramatically and sustainably optimize new vaccine introductions, in collaboration with direct reports and Regional Managers- Support ramp up of new workstreams and new focus countries, and strengthen capabilities of existing programs, leveraging institutional knowledge from CHAI.- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with country teams to achieve high and sustainable coverage of new and routine vaccines in CHAI focus countries. - Drive continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "toolkits" and “playbooks”, lessons learned, and other know-how related to new vaccine introductions across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries. - Demonstrate impact and support countries to plan for scale and sustainability of high-impact work, including transition of successful practices to national government leadership.Improve national and global practices and policies related to new vaccine introductions, in collaboration with direct reports and program leadership- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders (WHO, Gavi, BMGF, UNICEF, PATH, JSI, Jhpiego) and foster effective exchange of know-how with partners.- Become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights into the global immunization community and inform global policies and country practices beyond CHAI focus countries, including through Global working groups (e.g., EPI manager meetings, WHO hosted regional meetings, antigen specific global working groups, etc.)- Other tasks as requested by manager.
- Support a team of HR Coordinators, overseeing the execution of onboarding and off-boarding processes (e.g. benefits administration, Payroll set up, etc.), employee support with operational/logistical matters, employee contract tracking and updating, issuance of employment verifications and visa letters & HR record-keeping for all CHAI staff- Oversee the project management of HR-related components in the implementation of a new payroll vendor- Develop standardized processes for all onboarding and offboarding, as well as staffing changes and contract renewals including standardized management of all relevant documents- Responsible for integrity of data recorded in HR system working closely with Global HR Systems Manager to regularly audit and update data as needed- Review and recommend initiatives to improve HR policies and procedures- Develop implementation plans for recommended improvements including the appropriate stakeholders (e.g. HR in-country counterparts)- Collaborate with Global Payroll to monitor and improve biweekly and monthly processes, ensuring that biweekly and monthly Payroll submissions are timely, complete and accurate & resolving complex employee HR/Payroll issues- Provide advice and training, as needed, to international and US-based staff and managers on all HR operations-related processes including onboarding, payroll set up, benefits enrollments, and other day-to-day transactions- Serve as lead for HR donor compliance, including record-keeping, reporting, and responding to donor audits- Responsible for management of medium-size, complex cross-functional projects (within HR Operations team and across Global HR team), which includes collaborating with stakeholders to ensure timely completion of deliverables- Collaborate with Global HR colleagues and program/country teams to ensure HR policy and legal compliance CHAI-wide, resolve complex HR operations across all CHAI locations- Ad-hoc data & project support, including reporting from the current HR system, document collection when needed, etc.- Oher tasks as requested by manager
- Work with various country team offices to manage payroll deadlines and process bi-weekly and monthly payroll submissions- Facilitate the employee life cycle - onboarding new hires, conducting onboarding calls, assist in termination process, including sending exit letters and exit surveys, and coordinating with HR Partners on any sensitive issues and entering and maintaining data in HRIS- Enter data on new hires, changes and terminations into HRIS and ensure employee documents are saved appropriately- Communicate with benefits vendors and enter data into online benefits systems regarding new hire enrollments, changes and terminations- Work closely with HR Manager of Benefits and Compliance to support employees and managers with benefits questions and assist with escalated claims issues- Monitor shared Human Resources email account and field incoming questions related to onboarding, benefits, and general HR issues- Actively monitor contract end dates and issue contract renewals when needed- Assist with audits - conduct weekly internal audits and coordinate with the Finance department to provide documents and information for internal and external audits- Assist employees with employment verifications and visa letters- Provide ad-hoc data & project support, including reporting from the HRIS and other administrative support to Human Resources staff as needed- Work closely with Country Teams to understand in-country processes and needs and bring in-country perspective to Global HR team to inform process improvements- Work with the Expenses and Payroll department to process reimbursements and pay invoices- Support special projects related to compliance and operational efficiency, as well as other projects as assigned by supervisor
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize and cost national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI country teams- Serve as liaison between CHAI regional technical teams, country partners, and stakeholders- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support the procurement of computer hardware and software based on pre-existing vendor agreements.- Methodically track IT hardware and software assets from purchase to disposal across our offices spanning over 30 countries.- Maintain and update the IT asset inventory for accurate allocation and tracking.- Collaborate with the supervisory team to align on work priorities.- Build and maintain strong rapport with internal stakeholders, ensuring credibility.- Administer IT support tickets, monitor their progress, and ensure their timely resolution.- Organize, plan, and manage logistics for meetings, conferences, and events.- Offer robust administrative backing for team projects, initiatives, and activities.- Support fiscal plans and budgets for the program, assisting in budgetary administration and invoice processing.- Facilitate both internal and external communications.- Undertake basic analytical assignments in line with project management.- Address other necessary tasks as they arise.
- Lead meeting planning and coordination, support recruitment and onboarding of new staff members, update program communication materials, maintain knowledge management platforms- Ensure knowledge flow for team, including the sharing of information and knowledge across CHAI teams- Organize and manage Leadership Team meetings, agenda, notes, follow-ups- Support development and management of subrecipient contracts and processing of invoices- Write, edit, and format reports and presentations- Plan and attend team meetings, including assisting in the arrangements of hotels, tracking related expenses, and agendas for team meetings- Develop and maintain administrative resources to facilitate efficient operations across the program (team newsletter, website, etc.)- Manage and organize program documents, data, and files; ensure sustained institutional memory/repository- Provide thought partnership with team leadership to improve operational efficiency and a positive team culture- Support data cleaning and management or organization of data and files- Support administrative tasks for grant compliance as necessary, such as time sheets and finance support- Execute other responsibilities as needed by the team
Lead the development and coordinate the implementation of CHAI’s global eyeglasses access strategy. This includes:- Identify high-impact opportunities for increasing access to eyeglasses.- Identify and engage with strategic partners to drive the implementation. Examples include the World Health Organization, EYElliance, donors, professional associations, and academic institutions.- Develop and maintain a comprehensive evidence-based approach on what works to increase access to glasses, incl. u- data on the global burden, impact evidence, and best-practice interventions.- Develop a global CHAI strategy for increasing access to eyeglasses in consultation with CHAI country teams, technical teams, and leadership.- Lead the dissemination of this strategy, track progress and propose updates that are informed by learnings of context changes.Provide support to CHAI country teams with developing and implementing existing and new eyeglasses programs:- Facilitate knowledge sharing across CHAI program countries.- Help liaise with technical experts where relevant.- Coordinate or lead the development of global knowledge sharing products, this includes publications and external communications.- Where useful and relevant, support with the development of donor reports.- Where appropriate, assist countries with information to establish or strengthen local production.Help identify potential funders and develop concept notes:- Conduct a comprehensive mapping of potential funders.- Develop an engagement plan. This may involve coordination with our partners (e.g., EYElliance).- Inform countries about funding opportunities.- Support with the development of concepts notes and proposals. This may involve leading multi-country proposals.Work with global stakeholders via new and existing coalitions to increase awareness and donor investments that will drive change at a global scale:- As part of the strategy, develop a comprehensive partnership and advocacy plan.- Lead CHAI’s engagement with strategic partners, like the WHO SPECS 2030 imitative.- Identify opportunities for establishing new partnerships and evaluate ongoing partnerships.- Represent at global events, where useful and relevant.- Develop presentations and communication materials for internal and external audiences and stakeholders.Develop investment plans:- Map evidence on cost-effective interventions- Support the testing and evaluation of what delivery channels are most cost-effective for delivering eyeglasses to different target populations in various settings.Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
Application and Grant Coordination- Support the day-to-day operations of the small-grants fund, including tracking deadlines, following-up with relevant stakeholders, storing applicant information and providing timely responses to inquiries and questions- Update tools with timely information regarding applicants’ and grantees’ status in the application and grant-life cycle- Coordinate the end-to-end grants and contracts processes with internal and external parties- Support the process of consolidating application feedback from reviewers and returning this to applicants for iterationSystems and Tools- Support development and/or revision of applications, reporting materials and processes as required- Contribute ideas towards strengthening processes and creating efficiencies wherever possible- Proactively flag risks associated with processes, applicants or subgranteesExternal Engagement- Manage the small-grants fund inbox ensuring all communications are adequately responded to- Participate in external stakeholder calls as needed in order to provide updates on applicants and granteesData Analysis and Dissemination- Support documentation and dissemination of successes and learnings arising from the COF- Analyze and synthesize key information for internal and external audiences- Collect and track outcomes of COF investments in order to support impact analysesGeneral- Communicate effectively in a matrixed work environment across various stakeholders- Other responsibilities as needed- Option to travel internationally 1-2 times per year