Click column header to sort
- Maintain an up to date understanding of CHAI’s global operations, risks, and compliance requirements, and International auditing standards- Assess adequacy of governance, risk management processes, internal controls, compliance with regulation and policies- Influence positive change, add value to CHAI’s operations and share best practices- Plan and conduct financial, operational and compliance audit engagements (scopes, programs, testing) of CHAI country offices, global programs, and operational units- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance policies and procedures and host countries regulations- Write clear and concise internal audit findings into reports format reflecting the results of the work performed- Provide value added recommendations that are applicable to specific business processes, country offices and programs- Review and validate implementation of management corrective actions and prepare quarterly reports on the status of corrective actions.- Raise awareness of the internal audit function and improve communication and collaboration with management and governance- Partner with management to identify risks and improve visibility of high risks for leadership- Conduct trainings on internal controls, compliance, risk management and governance- Promote awareness of fraud risks and red flags, and promote controls to deter and mitigate fraud risks- Assist with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee- Manage out sourced internal audits with consultants- Develop processes and analytical tools to improve efficiency of the Internal Audit activity. Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.- Maintain risk registers and control matrices- Organize and maintain clear and well organized work papers- Conduct fact finding reviews and investigate allegations of financial misappropriations- Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Director, Internal Audit
- Oversee a team of direct and indirect reports which manages the execution of day-to-day HR administration and transactions, HR record-keeping, global benefits, US labor compliance and immigration, and other general employee and manager support; including but not limited to:- Collaborating with CHAI Payroll to implement salary and other payroll changes- Leading Global HR’s relationship with Global Payroll to ensure timely, complete and accurate processing of biweekly and monthly payroll changes and resolution of complex HR/Payroll issues- Onboarding and off-boarding, data-entry, benefits enrollments, employment contract management, employment verifications and visa letters, etc.- Managing the strategic and day-to-day administration of CHAI’s international and US-based benefits packages, and advising on local benefits plans as needed- Managing US immigration processes and record-keeping, with support from external counsel- Leading audit compliance efforts for HR Operations (e.g. donor, external and internal audits), including record-keeping, reporting, and responding to audit question- Lead strategic and day-to-day HR compliance efforts for CHAI’s US operations at the federal, state, and local levels, maintaining in depth knowledge of employment-related legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance (includes statutory reporting, record-keeping, etc.), and proactively staying up to date on legal and regulatory changesResolve complex employee compliance and/or operational issues during the recruitment offer stage and/or throughout the employee life cycle, and liaise with CHAI leaders as needed- Review and approve all new employment contracts and renewals for CHAI Inc. and non-program country employees for levels 7 and below; review only for levels 8+- Lead the strategy and execution of comprehensive, polished communications related to HR operations and compliance matters, including:- Creating policy, process and guidance documents for HR colleagues, employees, managers and CHAI leadership- Drafting written notifications to impacted parties regarding changes and updates in laws, benefits and/or policies as well as resolution of compliance matters- Manage relationships with internal and external partners (e.g. external legal counsel and vendors) as it relates to HR operations and compliance- Proactively provide training and coaching to other HR colleagues on HR operational processes, benefits, and employment-related compliance requirements and best practices- Support program and non-program countries with operational and compliance matters- Independently manage medium to large complex projects, including managing deadlines, communication, record-keeping, and collaborating with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure timely and successful completion of deliverables- Miscellaneous administrative duties related to HR operations support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, document storage, etc.- Travel internationally as needed- Perform other duties, as assigned
The Senior Associate will be part of CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines team, working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global oxygen supply and prices. The Senior Associate will report into the Global Essential Medicines team and work closely with CHAI’s country teams in more than 15 countries and other cross-cutting teams such as the Global Markets team. Country level support: - Conduct robust quantifications of national oxygen need and production capacities based on various data sources (e.g., health facility assessments, DHIS2, medical equipment inventory), - Develop cost estimates to inform domestic and external resources mobilization (e.g., Global Fund proposals) - Lead development of equipment and funding gap analyzes based on cost estimates and the outputs of the quantifications - Use sensitivity analyzes and develop scenarios (e.g., bed occupancy rates, COVID-19 patients’ numbers) to generate awareness among national stakeholder about the level of uncertainty surrounding these estimates - Leverage GIS data and quantification outputs to make recommendations on oxygen production, storage and distribution infrastructure placement (e.g., PSA plant, VIE tanks, oxygen piping) - Lead preparations of presentations, business cases, executive briefing and other analyses to inform key decision-makers about the relevant supply mix and operating models (e.g., Public-Private-Partnerships) to scale up access to oxygen - At the request of the country teams, participate in and provide technical input during meetings with local stakeholder (e.g., central and local health authorities, health partners, donors) - Develop a strong understanding of national healthcare systems and dynamics, funding mechanism, supply chains, local public and private players, and anticipate new trends that may influence the oxygen access environment - Train and mentor key staff members of CHAI’s country teams on oxygen need quantification and costing methods Global level support: - Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries to support supplier and donor engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies) - Continuously maintain and update a database of cost estimates and market prices for oxygen-related equipment, devices and products - Assist with markets landscaping through market analysis, collating of market intelligence, and conducting research for price negotiations to support the Global Markets team - Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents- Support the development of concept notes and new projects, and contribute to proposal development Global goods creation: - Proactively identify gaps in tools & global resources (e.g., quantification and costing tool, financial modeling), and develop such resources with inputs from end-users - Work in close collaboration with global stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, WHO, PATH) to support the creation and updating of ‘global goods’ resources (e.g., UNICEF’s oxygen system planning tool)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministries of Health - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government and partner organizations from public health and academia- Gather required information about COVID-19 diagnostic and treatment trends in multiple countries in Latin America- Support the Governments in Latin America on providing the right evidence to inform their decisions about the adoption of new innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools- Work closely with regional technical teams and Regional Director to ensure the achievement of proposed outcomes- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings as needed.- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministries of Health - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government and partner organizations from public health and academia- Gather required information about COVID-19 diagnostic and treatment trends in multiple countries in Latin America- Support the Governments in Latin America on providing the right evidence to inform their decisions about the adoption of new innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools- Work closely with regional technical teams and Regional Director to ensure the achievement of proposed outcomes- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings as needed- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Countries supported under this portfolio include Kenya, Uganda, and Ethiopia, amongst others.Responsibilities shall include:- Provide high-value strategic and programmatic support to design and implement in-country vaccine supply chain initiatives in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide critical input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management, assessing opportunities to integrate supply chains, and supporting implementation and use of data management technology/tools/systems.- Lead development, dissemination & use of lessons learned, tools, and other know-how.- Inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus.- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights as appropriate.- Support the strategy and development of CHAI's vaccines supply chain program(s)- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging institutional knowledge.- Support program and grant management- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing. - Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows- Other responsibilities as needed
Employee Relations (40%)- Advise assigned program leadership and staff on building team morale, increasing productivity and retention, and resolving complex employee relations issues with adept cultural sensitivity.- Provide guidance on practices that promote effective and harmonious working relationships across CHAI’s diverse matrix, in line with our principles of engagement.- Handle sensitive matters and intake complaints from employees and others. Plan and execute confidential investigations, as assigned, of alleged harassment, bullying, discrimination, abuse and exploitation, and other misconduct. Write investigative reports for Global HR leadership and summaries for CHAI leadership.- Serve as Focal Point for issues pertaining to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse & Harassment (PSEAH).- Facilitate new hire check-ins and conduct exit interviews with assigned global program teams.- Conduct regular meetings with respective teams, including team leadership, by phone, web application or in person in order to understand and anticipate HR needs.HR Operations & Compliance (30%)- Provide guidance to assigned program teams on compensation and equity, HR procedure and policy interpretation, host-country compliance, and recruiting and retention strategies.- Advise assigned program teams on compensation decisions by analyzing internal data and providing recommendations that align with CHAI’s compensation framework.- Work with other members of CHAI HR to facilitate employment agreements and interpret labor regulations and HR-related legal issues for country offices and international staff, research and interpret overseas labor laws, perform and support HR audits, and support reviews and changes to HR-related manuals and documents.- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Contracts department and Global Operations team as needed and provide guidance to managers as appropriate on a case by case basis,- Work with members of Global HR team to complete administrative work related to HR processes including contract renewals, payroll changes, etc. in a timely manner.Professional Development, Training & Workforce Planning (20%)- Lead, execute and facilitate learning and development activities to promote a respectful workplace, talent development, management skills, and other capacity-building needs in line with CHAI’s approach to on-the-job learning.- Provide coaching, guidance and communication as needed to program teams on a variety of topics including, but not limited to; staff performance, professional development, giving and receiving feedback, diversity, equity and inclusion, etc.- Work alongside program teams and Talent Acquisition to provide guidance and input on team restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.- Identify training needs for assigned global program teams and individual manager needs.- Proactively identify opportunities to equip team members with resources that support professional development and internal mobility.Projects & Other HR Work (10%)- Lead or support on a variety of recurring and standalone projects in line with the Global HR strategic priorities.- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis based on the needs of the HR team and various global teams.- Provide other HR services as needed and requested.
- Prepare and complete a variety of accounting tasks including General Ledger reconciliation, journal entries, batch-posting verification and correction, and expense allocation. Actively participate in monthly and year-end closings by accurately completing all required actions.- Conduct the financial reconciliation of CHAI’s VISA credit card program for individual travelers. Monitor expense charges for policy compliance. Conduct monthly financial reconciliations of VISA charges in accordance with accounting rules.- Manage all aspects of the Debit/Credit Program (2). Ensure sufficient secured funding is available to offset maximum spending to imposed cardholder credit limits. Reconcile bank account transactional data. Monitor expense charges for policy compliance. Conduct monthly financial reconciliations of VISA charges in accordance with accounting rules.- Train all Debit/Credit Program cardholders in program requirements.- Audit monthly credit card charges to ensure compliance with organizational policies, government regulations, and accounting requirements. Secure timely resolution of out-of-policy / regulation expenses. Provide monthly reporting of findings.- Assist in maintaining and developing financial systems and tools used for invoice, VISA, and expense report processing.- Be responsible for SAP Concur expense system profile setup and maintenance.- Manage all administrative and logistical functions of the monthly allocation of multi-program payments program.- Utilize analytical skills to draw conclusions from data and to recommend strategies for business process enhancement or remedial action. Analyze and report on monthly financial data.- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data.- Identify and recommend data that when tracked would assist in the development of fraud prevention practices and processes to alleviate financial risk.- Comply with all personal identification protection practices as defined by CHAI.- Audit Global Vendor Master File that works within CHAI’s global financial system to ensure detail accuracy and that each vendor’s set-up complies with governmental laws and organizational policies.- Accurately complete monthly required AP Control and KPI Reports- Assist in financial audits by providing requested documentation timely.- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved policies, practices, and procedures; Provide support in the documentation of standard operating practices.- Contribute to the development and implementation of financial systems and upgrades.- Collaborate regularly with cross-functional team members to ensure the timely and accurate recording of financial data. Work effectively in support of building a team-based culture of work.- Provide responsive and timely customer service to CHAI employees and partners.- Provide constructive, creative, and cost effective ideas and recommendations for process improvement.- Participate in ad-hoc projects and provide financial analysis and special project support when required.- Train new CHAI hires and Accounts Payable Team in AP processes, reconciliation and allocation practices.- Prioritize all work to complete responsibilities within designated time frames. Be accountable for the outcomes of task assignments in the completion of assigned responsibilities.