Click column header to sort
Surveillance and Malaria Information System- Engage closely with CNM, other implementing partners – PMI, WHO, and regional/local CHAI teams to update the malaria surveillance guidelines and ensure the high quality of surveillance training delivered to the sub-national level;- Collaboratively work with CNM and WHO to implement the WHO surveillance assessment, identifying strengths and weaknesses of surveillance systems/processes and developing recommendations for updating surveillance guidelines and processes;- Provide technical support and coordination to the CNM-MIS team in upgrading the MIS system to enable efficient data capture from points of care, follow up with end-users to understand challenges around uploading electronic information, and troubleshoot, as required;- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of malaria data entered into the MIS system and operationalization of the surveillance guidelines, including providing support for other built-in application in the MIS such as Pv. radical cure, VWM quality assurance (QA), and Integrated Drug Efficacy Studies (iDES);- Proactively collect constructive feedback from MIS users and plan with the MIS team on improving the MIS system – identify potential challenges and roadblocks and developing contingency plansData Review and Visualization- Actively provide technical support to national and subnational CNM staff in capacity building on analyzing surveillance, case management, and iDES data to improve program implementation including preparing presentations, posters, and/or journals;- Conduct routine data review meetings by quantitative analysis of malaria trends, coverage, and impact at national and subnational levels to ensure high levels of data quality, document key recommendations, and create plans to address gaps;- Facilitate proactively with the CNM-MIS team to develop and improve the MIS Dashboards and data visualization tools;Strategic Guidance and Stakeholder Engagement- Serve as an active focal person for the CHAI country team to coordinate actively with WHO, other implementing partners, and the CHAI regional team to develop guidance and tools for malaria certification preparation, including subnational verification processes;- Proactively coordinate with WHO to develop a comprehensive plan for malaria prevention of re-establishment;- Other responsibilities as needed.
1. New Program Design and proposal development- Scoping for potential new programs in areas of high need for Cambodia where CHAI Cambodia is not already operating; for instance, Cancer, Mental Health, School Health, Health Workforce, Health Financing, etc., in partnership with the relevant Senior Program Manager.- Develop a thorough understanding of the health landscape in Cambodia and the Ministry of Health’s key priorities, conduct landscape analysis by monitoring disease trends and developments in the Cambodian health system to understand how CHAI can best contribute to addressing identified bottlenecks.- Research technical content of prospective program areas and technical and clinical best practices through communicating with CHAI global teams and external experts, performing scientific literature reviews, etc.- Identify current partner activity in the country, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to identify gaps and potential areas of collaboration.- Carry out program design and develop theory of change, including quantitative aspects.- Scoping for areas where CHAI Cambodia is already working in the specific health area (e.g. HIV, TB, malaria, maternal and child health, NCD, etc.): Work closely with the relevant CHAI Cambodia Program Manager to understand how the proposed new project would best achieve additional impact and complement existing efforts.- Lead new project development and resource mobilization efforts, including drafting concept notes and proposals, etc.- Build the skills of CHAI Cambodia Program Managers and senior associates on impact-driven writing and proposal drafting, through coaching sessions and 1-1 interactions.- Track potential donors and their areas of interest to match with areas of highest impact in-country- For new health areas, interface with government and partners as required.2. Ensure strong new program start up and operationalization.- For projects starting in the office after successful proposal writing, act as a temporary program manager whilst the permanent program manager is being hired/onboarded.- This may include supporting initial discussions with the government, partners, refining the scope of work from the approved proposed, agreeing a workplan, MOA and monitoring framework.- Once the team is hired, continue to provide decreasing levels of support until the project is able to function independently.3. Support health system strengthening initiatives for CHAI Cambodia.- Engage in cross-office strategic thinking to strengthen our understanding of Cambodia’s “horizontal” health systems which impact all programs, e.g. procurement, supply chain, health financing, health data management, etc.- Identify links between CHAI programs and proactively identify opportunities to strengthen CHAI’s support to the Ministry of Health for greater health impact. 4. Ad hoc support to Ministry of Health or CHAI programs.- Upon request for CHAI support from the Ministry of Health, support strategic pieces of work to develop cross-cutting policies, national strategies, or costed budgets (e.g. related to primary health care, digital health, community health workforce, decentralization, non-communicable diseases, etc.)- Support Program Managers on key deliverables and ad-hoc requests, as needed (e.g. support to analyzing the results of the oxygen assessment, M&E).
Project management- Support NMCHC to provide management and technical support to PHD, OD, and HC staff to conduct coaching to providers.- Build cooperation between CHAI, NMCHC and each provincial health department, Operational districts and Health facilities to strengthening the family planning and safe abortion program.- Work with CHAI colleagues to implement a comprehensive, feasible M&E framework for CHAI’s SRH program with NMCHC.- Project technical support and capacity building on M&E including service dashboard, project coaching, data audit and training database to NMCHC, PHD and OD and HC.- Take a lead to initiate the supply chain management, especially to build the MA commodity security plan at the provincial or OD level to respond to the needs of each health facility.- Provide technical assistance as part of a national referral hospital mentorship program, through mentoring sessions, supervisory visits, training workshops, etc.- Work with NMCHC team to conduct effectiveness and efficiency program training at both national and sub-national such as Introduce new training and provide refresher training to facility-based health workers to provide comprehensive abortion care (CAC) post-abortion care (PAC)- Support NMCHC to develop the facility-level micro plans to improve availability and access to SRH information, education, and contraceptive methods for populations with high unmet need, such as adolescent females and postpartum women.Coordination- Work as part of the country team and in collaboration with partners in supporting NMCHC on the strengthening of supportive supervision programs in the form of quality improvement or coaching for the health staff at facility-level.- To support team to coordinate with other stakeholders to support the demand generation activities at the community level as part of the SRH program.- Facilitate access to data information at the provincial level and provide key updates.Strategic Vision- Work closely with the Senior Program Manager, and the CHAI leadership in the country to maintain the overall strategic direction of the program.- Promote effective communication within CHAI team at both national and sub national and work
- Support Associate and program manager in establishing CHAI ground operations at the provincial and district levels, including coordinating Memorandums of Understanding with provincial and district authorities and establishing field offices.- Establish and maintain direct relationships with the Provincial Health Departments/Operational Districts (PHD/OD) and Health Center to improve sexual reproductive.- Play the role of a key representative of CHAI at 4 sub-national provinces and other assigned province.- Provide management and technical support to PHD, Operational Districts, and Health Center (HC) staff to implement NMCHC’s SRH policies.- Work with Associate and manager to implement a comprehensive, feasible M&E framework for CHAI’s SRH program with NMCHC.- Provide the necessary support to Provincial Health Departments, Operational Districts, and HC staff on service data consolidation, quantification, and procurement of SRH commodities, and strengthening of stock management at the district and facility level.- Provide technical assistance to Provincial Health Departments, Operational Districts, Health Centers (HCs), and Referral Hospitals (RH) on mentorship programs, through mentoring sessions, supervisory visits, training workshops, etc.- Take the lead to roll out program training at provincial levels such as Introduce new training and providing refresher training to facility-based health workers to provide comprehensive abortion care (CAC) post-abortion care (PAC), LARCs, and other key SRH services.- Support the development of facility-level micro plans to improve availability and access to SRH information, education, and contraceptive methods for populations with high unmet needs, such as adolescent females and postpartum women.- Work with associate and in collaboration with partners in supporting NMCHC on the strengthening of supportive supervision programs in the form of quality improvement or coaching for the health staff at facility-level.- Support Associate to coordinate with other stakeholders to Support the demand generation activities at the community level as part of the SRH program.- Facilitate access to data information at the provincial level and provide key updates.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and internal HR departments.- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position.- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team colleagues to identify best sourcing for each position.- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques.- Manage applicant/staff information and status in the applicant tracking database; ensuring the highest integrity of data.- Provide timely and consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the recruitment status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process. - Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment.- Proactively manage internal referrals.- Manage internal candidate placements.- Contribute to outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes.- Collaborate with HR partners on onboarding, immigration, and related issues.- Communicate CHAI’s compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate.- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined.- Provide guidance on talent acquisition best practices & policies and customize best practices to align with country context. - Work closely with members of CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Team on ad hoc recruitment projects and provide other administrative support to HR staff as needed.- Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
Operational Planning- Provide support to CNM on resource mobilization, planning, strengthening of coordination and communication within CNM and with partners and subnational level;- Provide management support for the development and dissemination of national and subnational-level budgets, budget revisions, and work plans for sub-recipients under CNM, simultaneously coordinate and relay work plan and budget feedback from CHAI program and subnational teams;- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E unit to support the implementation of the GFATM RAI3E grant in full compliance with PR-UNOPS guidelines for maximum absorption of GFATM-awarded resources;- Lead and coordinate with all CNM’s units and CHAI’s regional and country malaria team to work on budget detail of the GFATM RAI4E for 2024-2026;- Assist CNM’s technical bureau with strong coordination with other key implementing partners on updating the National Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination and Malaria Elimination Action Framework; which including comprehensive planning, costing analysis and key indicators;- Coordinate closely with CHAI colleagues to ensure comprehensive and seamless program and financial management support to CNM.Grant Management- Assist CNM on initiating and modification the grant implementation policy dialogue with PR-UNOPS and to troubleshoot as necessary to facilitate full-scale implementation;- Reinforce and expand programmatic reporting and activity tracking tools and processes at central and subnational levels, further the capacity of government staff to conduct tracking on a regular basis;- Facilitate the implementation of CHAI’s Program Management TA Grant to CNM, track position-relevant deliverables and support bi-annual reporting processes;- Work with CNM technical bureau to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building excel-based budget models;- Support Cambodia’s future grant applications to GFATM and/or other key donors to further support the CNM’s commitment to malaria elimination by 2025.Monitoring and Evaluation- Facilitate updates to the standard operating procedures to facilitate work planning and improved monitoring & evaluation;- Support the M&E unit with data collection and analysis for periodic programmatic reporting to UNOPS/GFATM;Other responsibilities as needed.
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, donors, and partner organizations.- Collaborate with the government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership at the MEPH- Support the development of work plans, budgets, and other materials for key activities.- Support the NEPH to implement the key activities, such as but not limited to: - Upgrade and new implementation of the eye health centers - School-based eye health screening - Mapping of the eye health private sector- Carry quantification and procurement exercises- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of eye health programs and assess progress against project goals on a regular basis in coordination with the Program Manager- Support the program manager to analyze problems and develop a plan/recommendation to seek solutions through discussion with NPEH and Technical Management Group/TWG- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Program Manager
- Support the adoption of a modern health information systems for the MoH.- Collaborate with MoH to carry out capacity building, ensure skills transfer and government ownership of digital health tools.- Carry out scoping and requirement exercises to be able to inform the development of new technologies.- Support the implementation of priority projects aligned with the Ministry of Health of Cambodia’s Digital Health Strategy (once approved), as agreed between MoH and CHAI- Develop and support in the creation of dashboards, scorecards and additional data analytics tools to aid MoH priorities.- Know or be willing to learn and develop new technology systems (such as OpenMRS, DHIS2, OpenLMIS et cetera)- Provide technical advice and training as needed to support the development of ICT solutions through other project activities across CHAI Cambodia portfolio- Other relevant tasks as requested
- Support implementation of Vaccines projects to strengthen NIP/EPI and PMD capacity and management and to meet donor objectives and timelines, including development of reports to donors- Support the development of guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities- Support leading the implementation of the scale up of an integrated NCD screening and COVID-19 vaccine service delivery model at HCs and the development of local policy/strategic guidance for future integrated PHC models of care- Provide analytical support to the government to inform the planning and management of COVID-19 vaccines delivery, including (related to the above) identifying opportunities and costs associated with integration with other health services- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, donors, and partner organizations- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of Vaccines programs and assess progress against project goals on a regular basis in coordination with the Program Manager- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Stay up to date with the latest knowledge, skills, policy/strategic guidance and industry trends in the immunization space- Contribute to strategic areas for expansion and support Program Manager in fundraising efforts- Work closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team to enlist support and capture and disseminate emerging best practices- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Program Manager and Senior Program Leadership