Click column header to sort
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
Working in close collaboration with the CHAI ID cluster team and MoH, the Senior Associate will: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Strengthening• Serve as a trusted technical advisor to the MoH on a range of HTS strengthening issues, enabling MoH to mobilize more resources into the HIV response and ensure effective implementation.• Work with Ministry of Health and partners to develop effective, evidence based national annual HIVST targets through creation of testing/linkage models that will evaluate the optimal mix of testing modalities. • Strengthen national planning through supporting the Ministry of Health develop an optimized national scale up plan for HIVST to select high risk populations.• Supporting MoH to translate identified HTS targets into national strategy, taking into consideration the implementation, monitoring, and financial resource requirements.• Support designing of M&E tools necessary to improve the use of data for decision making. This work will include the development of indicators and methodologies to track the uptake of HIVST and linkage to confirmatory testing and treatment or prevention services. • Strengthen the capacity of program management and coordination of efforts for effective implementation of an optimized HTS program by working with Ministry of Health and partners. Oxygen Ecosystems• Assisting the MoH in routine monitoring, review, and utilization of data for programmatic decision making.• Work with MoH and partners to map and quantify all COVID 19 commodities including Oxygen supplies based on annual national treatment targets.• Take lead in costing of commodities and supply chain plans using carefully assessed assumptions and fine-tuned models. • Strengthen national planning through supporting the MoH to routinely collect, analyze and review data on commodity consumption through participation in the supply chain core group. The Senior Associate will play a significant role in conceptualizing COVID 19 supply chain dashboards for MoH utilization to facilitate ease of data visualization and programmatic decision-making. • Support in designing of additional tools necessary to improve the use of data for decision making, including design of data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, and presentation of analyses to support decision-making for all programs in the ID Cluster.• Share global market intelligence with key supply chain decision-makers to help inform a sustainable supply of products. • Support ID cluster team to provide quantitative updates on grant performance and progress to the donor as requested.• Identify best practices and synergies across the cluster and enhance knowledge management within the cluster.• Any other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
Programmatic Support- Lead the design and development of implementation guidelines, processes, standard operating procedures, and monitoring protocol in alignment with overall project objectives- Lead recruitment efforts at the district level and train District leads and Relationship Officers on project objectives, activities, data systems and monitoring processes- In consultation with the project lead, design and deploy strategies for achieving overall project outcomes and milestones- Support the district teams in stakeholder management, communication material design, templating project progress and learning- Undertake regular monitoring through site visits to HWCs along with District Leads, Relationship officers and healthcare workers- Oversee the selection process of Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness centres by providing technical support to district level staff through early site visits- Lead the selection and onboarding of a media agency for designing the capacity building modules for healthcare workers’ training in districts- Regularly review project management indicators to monitor the progress of the project- Support in monitoring and reporting of project milestones committed to donors- Disseminating ground level findings with stakeholders at the national level and donors through report briefs, project presentations, summarised data, and insights- Act as a thought leader to the national leadership in driving the projectTechnical Support- Lead primary level data collection for gap assessment and overseeing the adoption of risk tools by creating questionnaires, planning for timely data collection, and creating efficient frameworks- Conduct secondary research on existing guideline documents for differentiated TB care at health & wellness centres, and disseminate those findings to the district staff in a simple and concise manner- Define key indicators and data systems to monitor project progress through program management reports and dashboards- Leading the quantitative analysis of all data collected at the district level, and dissemination of those findings- Manage the project data operations, ensure timely reporting and data qualityOther responsibilities as needed
- Lead the project at the state through strong program management and ensure implementation of programmatic strategies to achieve the program objectives in close coordination with the National program management team- Develop strong relationships with the respective block (CHO/MO/ANM) & district level (DTO/CMHO/CS) for effective implementation of program activities and engage them by conducting regular meetings, updating them on project progress and learnings- Support the development of project implementation manual and monitoring tools, including protocols, processes, and standard operating procedures- Develop and drive specific field level strategies in alignment with overall program objectives and prepare a monthly activity plan to achieve the relevant milestones- Undertake regular field visits with NTEP and general health systems staff to gather patient-level insights and review project progress periodically with Stakeholders and project staff- Identify training needs and design, plan and conduct training programs, workshops, meetings, and campaigns in coordination with the National team- Finalize intervention HWC sites based on geographical representation, infrastructural capacity, and discussion with DTO, CMO & district staff- Synthesize learning and experience through the project activities and share them internally and externally through presentations, reports, and briefs. Apprise and advocate to stakeholders on the results and learnings from the project and drive decisions to scale up such activities at other sites (HWCs)- Develop a thorough understanding of the national guidance on differentiated TB care at Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness C enters (AB-HWCs)- Network with other NGO partners to drive collaborative engagement- Lead recruitment efforts in the district for relationship officers and others as required, and train them in project activities- Plan and drive the activities undertaken by relationship officer(s) - Other responsibilites as needed
Review of technical specifications:- The project team has drafted a list of technical specifications for the procurement including specs for the Xray unit, CAD software, PACs, licenses, accessories, and service level agreements, relying heavily on the WHO guidelines. The Expert shall review these specifications to see if they are specific enough and sufficient for the purpose of the study.Review of the evaluation criteria & evaluation process:- The Expert shall review the evaluation criteria developed by the project team for (a) objectivity (b) correct weight assignment (c) overall criteria methodology.- The Expert shall also advise the Evaluation Committee reviewing the proposals on key criteria criticality.Assistance in evaluation of vendors in on-field demonstration of the device+ software unit:- The procurement process involves an on-site demonstration by the vendor of the proposed device and software unit. The Expert shall assist the team in development of a scorecard for thorough evaluation of vendors for the on-field demonstration.In addition, the Expert shall participate in the on-site demonstrations of shortlisted vendors [maximum four vendors]. The Expert shall guide the procurement committee on the performance of the proposed unit with respect to (a) quality of images (b) usability and (c) integration of the x-ray and CAD software. [Four onsite meetings] Estimated number of hours: A maximum of 60 working hours over a period of 3 months, as required. Payments to be made on actuals. Key Deliverables:- Final technical specifications- Finalised evaluation criteria- Detailed scorecard of on field performance of proposed units for each vendor.- Evaluation of on field performance of proposed units for each vendor.- Commentary/expert opinion on best fit among proposed devices
- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processes- Support the development and evaluation of Request of Proposals for commodities and services in collaboration with CHAI country programs and government partners- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with CHAI Zimbabwe teams, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the MoHCC and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal- Develop and support deployment of an emergency oxygen response strategy- Develop, conduct, and analyze the results of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen M&E, procurement, supply chain and equipment maintenance processes and mechanisms- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise- Envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance- Analyze and draw conclusions from data, to develop and deliver influential presentations (verbal, power point, other)- Provide regular reports on progress to the Manager and the Senior Technical Advisor, and perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders to address the system planning, technology selection, specification requirements, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs on the use of equipment and devices including, maintenance.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide similar advice to Ministries of Health.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, and conducting research.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to broader team.- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Co-create and monitor the strategic direction and implementation of the cancer program, ensuring equitable access to quality services, sustainability and scalability of key interventions on secondary prevention of cervical cancer.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with donors, key government partners (national and state level), developmental partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Support engagement with new and existing donors, including developing workplans and budgets, writing and presenting narrative and financial reports to effectively communicate program progress, challenges and risks.- Lead program design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships and engagement with CHAI global and country teams, institutional partners, experts and technical/academic institutions at national and state levels, and ensure coordination of resources and effort for maximum impact.- Anchor grant management and coordinate program specific communication with the relevant program country teams, CHAI global cervical cancer team and donor. This entails:- Regular communication with CHAI program country teams and the CHAI global cervical cancer team to share progress and learnings from program implementation- Drafting required update reports (e.g., program progress report, project logframe, risk mitigation plan, etc.) and budget review documents to aid communication with the program donor- Preparing program briefs for the WJCF country and program leadership and the CHAI global cervical cancer team to aid in internal and external communication- Lead program communication by sharing key learnings, outcome and impact, through creation of impactful content and dissemination across a broad range of communication channels, including organizing and facilitating dissemination through stakeholder workshops and seminars.- Support identification of new initiatives – within, allied to, or in addition to the existing program on cervical cancer prevention; and work with the WJCF and CHAI leadership teams to identify and engage with potential donors to support such initiatives.- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the WJCF state, country, and global teams.