Click column header to sort
Strengthen the capacity of the national and regional malaria program to select and implement interventions aimed towards achieving malaria elimination. Specific activities may include:- Coordinate with regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to analyze available epidemiological and operational data to select the most impactful and viable strategies.- Develop local level operational plans; support their implementation, monitoring and evaluation.- Design training plans and support the development of associated training materials to build Ministry of Health staff and community health workers’ capacity to execute malaria interventions effectively.- Support the implementation of vector control interventions and other high-risk areas of the country, in coordination with regional health officials.- Support regional and national roll out of a new surveillance system ensuring rapid and accurate reporting of malaria data from health facilities and community health workers.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and work with the regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to develop and implement solutions to address bottlenecks.- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools.- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health and partner organizations to design and implement epidemiological and entomological studies according to the research protocols.- Support local level Ministry of Health staff with regular site visits to community health workers and health facilities in Escuintla.- Work closely with the Program Manager, the Research Associate, the Vector Control Associate and CHAI´s regional tech leads to design and implement a workplan plan based on data.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Serve as a trusted adviser to the national and regional level Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in meetings with partner organizations and Ministry of Health officials as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with national and regional health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of key in-country work on COVID-19 and other new vaccine introductions. The successful candidate will provide both strategic and technical support to the select CHAI focal countries on COVID-19 and other new vaccine introductions. These activities will include collaboration with CHAI country program staff to support select CHAI focal countries on - Decision-making and delivery model optimization to make robust decisions on joining the Covax Financing Facility and on feasibility/impact of introducing the COVID-19 vaccine into the population. In particular, there will need to be emphasis on supporting CHAI country teams to adapt global tools and guidance to the country specific context. Including:- Facilitation of a review of the potential impact of introducing COVID-19 into the immunization program in selected focal countries; review of various product and introduction scenarios to support countries to determine feasibility and risks to introduction readiness; and support countries to identify key challenges for mitigation or potential scenarios where a vaccination program will ultimately not be feasible on a reasonable timeline- Support focal countries to understand key challenges and intervention needs for service delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine, including but not limited to selecting and reaching target cohorts, novel supply chain challenges, and rapid regulatory needs of vaccinations- Identification of an appropriate mixed delivery model for different segments of the population - Funding mobilization & coordination, particularly through facilitating successful applications for Gavi New Vaccine Introduction Support. This includes providing technical input to countries’ Vaccine Introduction Grant requests to Gavi, supporting clarification of any questions/comments/concerns that countries may have on Gavi guidelines or application materials. - Rollout planning and preparation to support the implementation of the national introduction preparations, including working with country program staff to anticipate potential challenges to accelerated uptake of COVID-19 vaccine rollout and collaborating across the team to help identify mitigation action to get delayed activities back on track. Critically, during the introduction rollout, the successful candidate will provide technical assistance to country partners and help to adapt global guidelines to the country specific context. - Post-launch support to diagnose bottlenecks and designing bottleneck mitigation strategies post-introduction, identify concrete opportunities and best practices for boosting COVID-19 vaccination coverage. Depending on the development of the COVID-19 vaccination landscape, successful candidate may also collaborate with select CHAI focal country teams to develop recommendations and strategies on subsequent phases of COVID-19 vaccination, including decision making on issues of product selection, preventative vs reactive vaccination strategies, and integration with routine immunization and primary health care programs. - Continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic lessons learned, and other know-how related to new vaccine introduction across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries and global partners. - Support collection, documentation, and sharing of key lessons learnt in collaboration with CHAI focal countries. These lessons will be shared across CHAI country programs to help accelerate COVID-19 countries and help with cross country sharing and collaboration. - Support global efforts towards developing guidelines towards successful COVID-19 vaccination decision-making, introduction strategy and planning, and post-launch coverage acceleration. Leveraging lessons learnt from in country work the successful candidate will coordinate with the workstream manager to share these lessons and influence key global guidelines- Technical support (tools, information and lessons learned developed across CHAI’s work) provided to country governments and partners and through global mechanisms that support COVID-19 vaccine interventions and/or service deliveryWhile the focus of this role is expected to be on COVID-19 vaccination, the successful candidate may also have opportunity and be requested to carry out support to other critical new vaccination work within CHAI’s portfolio or scoping, such as infant and HPV vaccination programs as needed. 2) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding new vaccine introduction, particularly as related to the long-term arc of COVID-19 vaccination- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in new vaccine introduction and complex vaccine service delivery to new target cohorts to deliver against current and future goals 3) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization service delivery in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Coordinate closely with MCCH and partners on the product introduction taskforces and relevant technical working groups for introduction and scale-up of test case products, coordinating integration of products into existing country and partner programs and investments as much as possible;- Develop strong, trusted working relationships with key stakeholders in government, professional bodies, regulatory authorities, international partners, donors, and NGOs to undertake consultative processes with stakeholders to enhance systems for product rollout efficiency and effectiveness;- Support periodic review and document process of product landscape by the Family Planning product introduction taskforce;- Support optimization of registration processes for new products;- Support MCCH in development, costing, implementation and monitoring of detailed national commodity introduction and scale up plans for test case products;- Conduct financial gap analyses and prioritization of commodity scale up plans, and support efforts to mobilize resources towards underfunded areas of the plans;- Conducting routine data analysis of national data and monitoring against targets; and analytical support for costing and data driven decision-making around the national scale up plans for test case products;- Review health information and logistics management systems to ensure critical data on supply and consumption of the product are captured through these systems;- Support analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any policy revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of the products;- Support annual quantification exercises as needed and integration of commodities into supply chain systems for test case products;- Support integration of commodities into training and service delivery guidelines and systems for test case products;- Provide input into relevant technical documents to support the product introduction and scale up (e.g. provider training curricula and SOPs, service delivery guidelines etc.) for test case products;- Provide capacity building support to MOH to sustain, institutionalize and carry out the above functions and requirements of the product introduction task force;- Perform any other related duties assigned.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of in-country work to dramatically and sustainably improve immunization management performance- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with country teams to sustainably transform management systems in CHAI focus countries. This can include support the development of strategic and operational plans for immunization at national and sub-national levels; identify management system performance challenges; strategize with country teams on system redesign to increase efficiency and effectiveness of management systems; establish and institutionalize performance management processes, design scale up strategy of an improvement “package” for immunization program performance management to all subnational units, strengthen communication and coordination between and across national and subnational government units, and diagnosing key risks to successful transition- Support continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to immunization management systems and capacity across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries.- Support diagnosis, analysis, monitoring and evaluation of program results (both on improvements in program management systems and subsequent results on EPI program outcomes) and documentation of lessons learned 2) Improve national and global practices and policies related to management systems and capacity, in collaboration with program leadership- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin, BCL, etc.) and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Participate in global forums such as the Learning Network for Countries in Transition, Teach to Reach, etc- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices3) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program in the area of management systems and capacity, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development/updates of CHAI’s strategy and thought leadership related to immunization management systems and capacity, both at global and country level, to increase CHAI’s effectiveness and impact- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in immunization management system against current and future goals- Identify how this work can best support other CHAI’s in-country objectives (e.g. improving vaccine supply chain, supporting service delivery at the last mile, ensuring successful transition from Gavi support, etc.), which often require building on strong horizontal management structures. Support design and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure cross-fertilization across these objectives- Strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff for immunization management systems and capacity, including Gavi transition, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.4) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization management systems in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of in-country work to improve immunization coverage and equity in a sustainable manner- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with CHAI’s local country teams to sustainably transform service delivery in CHAI focus Projects could include:- Diagnose supply- and demand- side service delivery bottlenecks and developing strategies and interventions for improvement; re-design service delivery strategies for reaching unvaccinated children; develop robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks in which to assess impact of interventions; support governments in codifying results for advocacy to affect policy and practice changes; support governments in designing strategies for scale up - Support decision making on new vaccine introductions, robust planning and budgeting for new vaccine rollout, identifying risks to successful introductions, diagnose bottlenecks and designing bottleneck mitigation strategies pre- and post-introduction, identify concrete opportunities and best practices for simultaneously boosting new and routine immunization coverage- Explore and develop cross-country intiatives, for example sharing lessons and ideas between CHAI focus countries and exploring relationships/trends which inform CHAI’s work in several countries- Drive continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to service delivery across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to:- Resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, including “rule of thumb” guidance for estimating resource needs for outreaches from available data (e.g. population distance to facility), especially in instances where bottom-up estimates from facilities or communities are unavailable- Improved global policies and guidelines to ensure better coordination across EPI and MNH programs (e.g. updating of WHO’s Safe Birth Checklist to include HepB birth dose vaccination prior to mother/newborn discharge from health facility)- Technical support (tools, information and lessons learned developed across CHAI’s work) provided to country governments and partners and through global mechanisms that support service delivery and/or new vaccine interventions2) Inform national and global practices and policies related to immunization service delivery - Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to immunization service delivery and increase coverage & equity- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin etc.)and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices3) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding immunization service delivery- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in immunization service delivery to deliver against current and future goals4) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization service delivery in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Provide technical and coordination support to the Liberia MOH to develop a national strategy or roadmap to scale-up oxygen access, and conduct costing of validated roadmap- Support establishment of a dedicated ministry working group for oxygen access, and build the capacity of relevant MOH staff in coordination of all oxygen-related activities in the country; act as secretariat to the working group, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access, e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets- Support national quantification exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Integrate oxygen equipment procurement and distribution into existing routine supply chain processes and systems, such as the country’s logistics management information system (LMIS/eLMIS)- Develop or update national standards and guidelines for oxygen equipment (or biomedical equipment [BME]) procurement, donation, and regulation- Develop monitoring & evaluation tools and data collection processes for CHAI and ministry use, at the national, county, and health facility levels- Support planning and implementation of clinical training and mentoring in oxygen, including revision of training and mentoring materials, tracking training gaps and progress- Improve the Ministry’s oxygen equipment or BME inventory management systems, through development of inventory management tools, routine maintenance schedules and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and supporting capacity-building of biomedical technicians (BMETs) and facility health workers- Regularly liaise with MOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Lead internal communications on key donor reporting deadlines to relevant team members – work closely with Associate Director of Finance and Administration to ensure activity plans and programmatic budgets are shared proactively; coordinate with PM and Country Leadership to ensure any major risks and challenges for programmatic objectives are escalated and addressed accordingly- Develop materials and document internal updates to share with other CHAI Liberia and global team members; highlight opportunities for integration and coordination across work streams wherever possible- Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving oxygen access in Liberia- Other responsibilities as needed
- Work with MOHP and other relevant stakeholders to assess cervical cancer screening and treatment capacity. - Coordinate and manage distribution of HPV testing commodities and portable treatment devices by developing distribution plans and monitoring deployment. - Develop tools to monitor and track procurement and distribution, device maintenance and adverse event monitoring activities. - Work with MOHP to map existing referral pathways and design and implement an effective patient tracking system, including developing M&E tools to support patient follow up. - Support the review of national guidelines, treatment protocols and training materials to integrate updates on screening and treatment of cervical cancer. - Manage all M&E and operational research for the program, including routinely tracking program indicators, design of data collection tools as needed, leading collection and analysis of national and sub-national data, and presentation of analysis to support decision making- Support the MOHP to develop costed cervical cancer scale up plan and plans for resource mobilization to strengthen the national cervical cancer program. - Support the evaluation, write up and dissemination of implementation lessons across the project sites by supporting data collection, analysis and developing presentations. - Closely work with civil society and government channels and engage them in program development.- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate closely with key government, partner and donor stakeholders at national and sub-national level.- Represent CHAI at stakeholder and district meetings and participate in national technical working groups and committees.- Support the Program Manager in donor reporting and work-planning. - Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Support design of study tools including a facility-based service availability assessment and bottleneck assessment to understand key challenges in service delivery and management- Support design of study tools including a deep dive in financial management bottlenecks including financial flows analysis from central to facility level- Coordinate input from country teams and global stakeholders in the development of assessment tools, ensuring alignment across countries where possible- Provide guidance on sample size requirements and sample selection- Develop materials and coordinate trainings for data collectors- Design electronic data collection using SurveyCTO- Develop and maintain data dashboards for program monitoring- Provide support to ensure research activities comply with ethical standards and policies- Lead analysis of quantitative data and mixed methods research - Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop dissemination materials, including presentations and manuscripts- Participate in dissemination and stakeholder engagement activities, including stakeholder workshops to determine key interventions and strategies to address bottlenecks- Contribute to the planning of high-impact strategies to improve service coverage through addressing health systems including financing bottlenecks- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support the Government of MP (GoMP) efforts in identification and implementation of high impact interventions for reduction of pneumonia and hypoxemia; support efforts to bridge program gaps, including in the specific areas of oxygen availability, supply-chain, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation.- Work closely with the State departments/bodies, focussing on health policy and related interventions, like National Health Mission (NHM), Madhya Pradesh Public Health Service Corporation (MPPHSCL), Hospital Administration (HA) etc. to support development of oxygen related administration guidelines, clinical protocols, demand and supply assessment, software tools, and on capacity building- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Provide analysis, field feedback, and support judicious adoption of newer technologies and products required for improving the oxygen therapy and severe U-5 pneumonia management- Support CHAI leadership in preparing and presenting high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements, including, the progress reports, and process documentation- Aid and support other aspects of the EM programs by working closely with the state, country, and global teams- Should be willing to travel on short notice within the state and India, if required- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership
- Provide quality customer service to all employees when responding to all salary inquiries- Provide clear and timely communication to staff on any payroll related changes or updates- Resolve all staff questions and issues in a timely manner- Process bi-weekly and monthly ADP and international (Immedis) payroll cycles- Prepare associated international wire file for ADP payrolls- Coordinate with HR to enter all payroll data necessary to process and meet clients’ payroll schedules (new hires, personnel changes, terminations, address changes, salary changes, tax changes, 401k deductions, etc.)- Maintain current knowledge of the ADP payroll processing system- Assist in the review of payroll records to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws, payroll tax, etc.- Process bi-weekly and monthly 401K upload to Fidelity- Ensure that state registrations are current- Respond to all correspondence from state revenue and unemployment agencies- Assist in the review of quarterly SUI & 941 reports for accuracy, and the review and issuance of year-end W-2’s- Run scheduled standard and ad hoc payroll reports- Correspond with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of clients; keep up to date with any changes in payroll laws- Manage BOX accounts and maintain payroll reports for country teams, global teams and operational support staff- Assist in processing international payrolls including monthly reconciliations, responding to questions from Country Directors- Distributing monthly international payroll registers and all tax reports- Ability to create excel postback file of bank statement expenses to be loaded to General Ledger monthly- Liaison with the accounting team in reconciling outstanding bank balances- Respond to all payroll emails timely and with urgency- Other responsibilities as needed