Click column header to sort
- Closely collaborate with leadership to develop clear operational plans for execution- Build and maintain trust based relationships with the government and other stakeholders- Manage the integration and implementation of oxygen and related commodities to the supply management tools and systems, propose different options of an adapted Supply Chain Management strategy to optimize the distribution of oxygen cylinders and related commodities, as needed- Support the program in the development, coordination and implementation of trainings, conferences, and meetings- Design KPIs to monitor the oxygen and related commodities supply operations efficiency- Assist the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities- Provide technical and capacity building assistance to the government staff- Identify areas where support is needed, plan for and design the necessary programmatic support- Support the Program Manager to identify and bridge gaps pertaining effective implementation of the program’s priorities- Performs moderate to highly complex analyses and presents findings in a clear, concise manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministries of Health- Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government and partner organizations from public health and academia- Gather required information about COVID-19 diagnostic and treatment trends in multiple countries in Latin America- Support the Governments in Latin America on providing the right evidence to inform their decisions about the adoption of new innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools- Work closely with regional technical teams and Regional Director to ensure the achievement of proposed outcomes- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings as needed
- Support VBDC to strengthen malaria surveillance systems, including:- Support NMCP and VBDC to strengthen malaria case management systems, including:- Support data driven decision making by NMCP and VBDC, including:- Identify opportunities for transformational change at the local, state/region and national level which could enhance efforts to eliminate malaria
CHAI recherche un(e) associé(e) sénior (e) ayant une expérience en gestion de projet et des compétences analytiques étendues pour fournir un soutien technique de qualité au ministère de la santé. Cela comprendra le soutien à diverses réformes de financement de la santé et de renforcement du système énumérées ci-dessus. Le /la associé (e) sénior (e) sera baséà Ouagadougou et interagira avec les principales parties prenantes du gouvernement, les donateurs et le reste de la communauté locale et internationale au Burkina Faso.Ce poste offre une occasion unique de travailler en étroite collaboration avec un gouvernement qui s'est engagéà garantir l'accès universel aux soins de santé par le biais de réformes historiques et innovantes.Les principales responsabilités sont les suivantes :- Agir en tant que conseiller auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement et soutenir la conception et la mise en œuvre de réformes et de stratégies nouvelles ou améliorées en matière de financement de la santé. Il s'agira notamment de soutenir les initiatives suivantes :- La mise en œuvre de la cartographie des ressources et du suivi des dépenses, qui vise à améliorer la visibilité du financement du gouvernement et des donateurs et à renforcer les efforts de mobilisation et d'alignement des ressources.- Conception d'une solution pour améliorer la viabilité financière du programme de soins gratuits pour les femmes et les enfants de moins de 5 ans par le biais de nouvelles allocations de ressources et en améliorant l'efficacité des coûts.- Renforcement des processus, des capacités et des pratiques de gestion des ressources à différents niveaux du système pour une planification, une budgétisation et un suivi des dépenses fondés sur des données probantes.- Concevoir et réaliser des analyses de coûts et d'impact et d'autres analyses quantitatives qui évaluent les possibilités d'améliorer l'efficience, l'efficacité et la durabilité du financement de la santé au Burkina Faso, y compris pour le programme de soins gratuits. Cela inclut le développement d'études de protocole avec des indicateurs clés de processus, de production, de résultat et d'impact à suivre.- Développer des rapports écrits de haute qualité et des notes techniques adaptés à différents publics cibles, afin de transformer les résultats analytiques en recommandations politiques et opérationnelles. Il peut s'agir de documents d'orientation destinés à informer les réformes du financement de la santé et à aider le ministère de la santéà mobiliser des fonds pour ses principales priorités, notamment auprès des donateurs et du ministère des finances.- Soutenir le ministère de la santé dans la révision de ses plans et budgets nationaux, notamment le plan pour les soins de santé primaires et le plan national du secteur de la santé, et veiller à ce que les bonnes données soient utilisées pour définir les priorités.- Étudier les méthodes utilisées dans le déploiement des réformes du financement de la santé et de la gestion des finances publiques dans d'autres pays et conseiller le gouvernement pour adapter ces leçons au contexte burkinabé.- Dans le cadre de tous les projets, contribuer au renforcement des capacités institutionnelles en matière de financement de la santé et assurer un transfert de compétences durable.- Saisir les occasions de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de CHAI et d'autres institutions partenaires, afin de contribuer à la création d'une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation et de se tenir au courant des principales tendances et recherches mondiales.- Maintenir une expertise technique en matière de financement de la santé et se tenir au courant des principaux défis.- Autres responsabilités potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to the MOH on a broad range of health financing and health systems issues, enabling MOH to mobilize more resources into the health sector, distribute them equitably, and use them effectively and efficiently- Support the MOH to operationalize the recently developed Health Sector Strategic Plan III, including through development of annual operational plans, costing of health systems funding gaps, and resource mapping- Facilitate the development and implementation of government planning, budgeting, and donor coordination processes and tools, with the aim of improving efficiency and joint accountability at the national and district levels- Support the movement towards strategic purchasing of health services in Malawi’s health sector, including through costing of tertiary health services at central hospitals and a value-for-money analysis of a major health sector PPP- Build government capacity on evidence-based planning, public financial management, and effective management of external funding by delivering targeted training and skills development- Build strategic relationships and facilitate meetings with government, donors and external stakeholders to drive operational and policy changes- Contribute to the development of program workplans, budgets, and reporting for internal and external audiences- Perform any other relevant duties and lead day-to-day implementation of activities as assigned by the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
Digital Health Foundations Support (40%)- Work with Ministry of Health (MoH)counterparts, in-country partners, and global/regional/local CHAI teams to map current systems and platforms currently used to collect and visualize data within the MoH.- Provide thought partnership and hands-on support to the Digital Health and IT departments in creating a strategy, costed roadmap, and governance framework for cross-cutting digital health support to programs.- Alongside MoH staff, co-create guidelines and SOPs needed for maintaining foundational systems of health programs and providing support to end-users.- Develop and help refine training material, SOPs, and guidance.- Establish and cultivate relationships with CHAI team and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI activities, guide country strategies, and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve program objectives.Digital Health Workforce Capacity Building (30%)- Help train and strengthen capacity for digital health governance and management, the administration and maintenance of IT systems, as well as project and vendor management.- Plan and execute training workshops in technical project management.Maintain and scope new systems for digital health (30%)- Complete an initial feasibility assessment of a common geo-registry for Panama.- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications
Coordination- Provide ongoing support to strengthen the MoHS Oxygen TWG as a coordination platform and build the capacity of relevant MoHS staff to lead the platform; act as secretariat to the TWG, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes and information dissemination to participants and other stakeholders.- Regularly liaise with MoHS units, other government agencies, NGOs, and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access in general and LOX (e.g., drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets)- Systematically track implementation, outputs, measure effectiveness of the project to document and submit bi-monthly and end of project success storiesTraining and Mentoring- Support clinical training and mentoring in oxygen: training planning and implementation, tracking capacity gaps and progress, ensure integration with other CHAI Sierra Leone programs, etc.- Develop guiding and training tools to support capacity strengthening for both BMEs responsible for running and maintaining LOX systems, and health care workers (HCWs) working in critical care services at the pilot facilities- Work with the MoHS and key stakeholders to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for LOX systems to better guide HCW and operations teams within the pilot health facilitiesSupply Chain- Support the MoHS in setting up infrastructure for LOX including facilitating supplier negotiations for LOX, network design for supply chain and return logistics for cylinders and equipment procurement,- Set up a well-functional LOX cylinder filling, retrieval and tracking system- Support national quantification review exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Support development of technical specifications for oxygen technologies, and ensure integration into revision of national donation guidelines- Identify opportunities to introduce inventory management systems and tools for oxygen technologies; develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) as needed- Support integration of reporting and distribution of oxygen technologies into existing routine supply chain systems (e.g., e/LMIS), and support development and updating of oxygen production tracking tools.- Support pilot facilities to monitor usage and control wastage of medical oxygen.- Support pilot facilities to establish a mechanism for scaling up and sustaining LOX use and management- Other responsibilities as needed
Support the malaria program in Grand’Anse to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, including:- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.- Provide the malaria program in Grand’Anse with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes.Program Management:- Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets.- Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donorsPartnership, Representation & Communication:- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in Grand’Anse;- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in Grand’Anse- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant.Any other tasks identified.
Program Management- Lead planning, organizing, communication, risk mapping, monitoring and quality execution of key activities in line with CHAI values and policies.- Lead the development of data management and improvement plans for program delivery including required study approvals and data access protocols where applicable- Lead the design/update and development of effective integrated tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring, and reporting program impact indicators- Provide oversight and guidance on program performance bottlenecks assessment in priority subpopulations and nationally- Develop project specific log-frames, workplans and ensure project targets are met- Lead the design and development of research project protocols, secure IRB requirements, data collection tools, training of data collectors, analysis and development of evaluation reports- Lead quantification, forecasting and supply planning for prioritised products- Oversee the execution of routine analyses for program management data and development of related tools and processes within the designated program.- Lead the development of program project lessons learned and key information materials that can be used to inform national programming- Provide technical assistance to MOH and partners in the development of national operational and strategic plans and policies while ensuring alignment with CHAI strategic prioritiesProblem Solving- Lead the process of identifying risks and challenges within designated program, analysing possible solutions, and providing guidance on the best course of action using thoroughly researched evidence, aligning with CHAI values and principles and ensuring wide consultation- Collaborate with program team in developing scalable, sustainable and impactful program concepts for existing and emerging program areasRelationship Management - Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and other NGO partners and ensure an up to date program stakeholder matrix- Provide technical guidance to MOH and prioritised stakeholders at national and sub national level on the implementation of program performance reviews- Represent CHAI Uganda nationally and globally at program improvement related forums and foster effective exchange of best practicesFinancial Accountability and Management- Lead budgeting and expenditure tracking for the project activities and ensure appropriate grant reporting, effective financial management and performance against costed activities- Provide support in ensuring compliance of program activities to CHAI operational policies and proceduresEffective Communication- Lead utilisation of the right tools and processes for all methods of communication (verbal, non verbal, written, listening and visual communication) ensuring alignment with CHAI values, country and program strategies and standards- Develop high quality transformational and impactful program materials that represent the CHAI’s mission- Document and facilitate exchange of learnings and experiences existing networks, forums and journals or conferences
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight, and monitoring of key grant deliverables- Develop strong working relationships with key external stakeholders in government, donors, and partners, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and efforts- Develop strategic and implementation plans, manage effective project implementation as well as contextualized approaches to achieve project outcomes- Work with the team to identify insights from the secondary and primary research to inform product introduction roadmap- Lead data analytics for the project, including developing of forecasting and stock monitoring tools, graphical dashboards, project management tools etc.- Lead the identification of service delivery models for improving uptake of SRH services and/or modern methods of family planning through secondary and primary research- Coordinate project-wide outputs related to execution, implementation, reporting, compliance, and updates- Prepare documentation and reports for dissemination of information among partners, donors, and stakeholders- Support Program Manager in identifying and defining WJCF's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact- Support Manager in scoping for new opportunities/creating pitch documents for new grants/donors in the SRH and allied spaces including and not limited to maternal and child health, gender-based issues and identify white space opportunity areas for WJCF- Provide operational support to the Manager to develop, plan, and implement multiple activities simultaneously- Support recruitment of talent in consonance with project needs and provide guidance/ mentoring to project staff