Click column header to sort
- Serve as a thought leader, manage, and implement analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, interventions, and surveillance, as requiredSurveillance support (45%)- Manage surveillance activities in the region, in coordination with the CHAI malaria health informatics team and with support from their manager- Support development and review of national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and training materials for malaria surveillance activities- Measure performance and determinants of malaria surveillance systems and provide prioritized recommendations to address key gaps- Support development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards- Support integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health systemAnalytical support (35%)- Manage and coordinate analytical projects across different technical teams related to malaria epidemiology (e.g., drivers of transmission), targeting and evaluation of interventions (e.g., Indoor- Residual Spraying, Insecticide-Treated Net distributions, health worker allocations), and surveillance (e.g., data quality audits)- Provide high-quality analytical support to CHAI regional and country teams, government staff, and relevant partners, through the planning, implementation, and presentation of highly complex analyses- Clean, organize, and merge available datasets and assess their quality and suitability for analysis- Conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions, and other relevant methods)- Translate analytical results to national and sub-national government partners, ensure data are used to inform strategic decisions, and influence program strategy- Provide mentorship and review for team members conducting and synthesizing analytical workProgrammatic support (20%)- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Formulate and deliver national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g., data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening- Develop and implement M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions, and surveillance systems- Ensure sustainability and country ownership of malaria surveillance and analytics activities by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across government programs, non-governmental organizations, and local academic institutions, with support from program managers- Indirectly manage other team members in the region and support trainings for regional and country team members on surveillance, analytics, and M&E activities- Synthesize results and communicate them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings within the region, and develop and document dissemination materials from these meetings- Any other tasks identified
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders to address the system planning, technology selection, specification requirements, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs on the use of equipment and devices including, maintenance.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide similar advice to Ministries of Health.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, and conducting research.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to broader team.- Other responsibilities as requested.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the Program Manager, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Develop an understanding of global market dynamics and market shaping priorities to strengthen supply security and affordability of current and future priority vaccines- Generate analyses that strengthen the business case for vaccine affordability and availability (e.g., demand forecasts, uptake models and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies)- Support the design and implementation of supplier engagement strategies- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners, donors and vaccine manufacturers- Co-lead and PMO the MIC working group under the umbrella of the WHO Immunization Agenda 2030 to advance access to immunization in Gavi-transitioning and Gavi-graduated countries and work with global and regional stakeholders to improve support to middle-income countries- Contribute to the development of market intelligence on middle-income markets and its dissemination to global health partners, investors and vaccine manufacturers- Contribute to local vaccine manufacturing and procurement efforts by providing analyses, sharing insight and technical know-how into various efforts (e.g., PAVM), incl. bilateral supplier engagements- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Creatively scope and initiate projects that could contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries- Support the development of concept notes and new projects- Any other duties as required- 25-30% international travel time would be required once situation allows
- Drive engagement with stakeholders to develop a comprehensive communication strategy for operational interventions based on the project plan.- Work closely with the project team to develop a deep understanding of the target audience and design key communication content with behavioural nudges, using human-centred design.- Coordinate with stakeholders to understand requirements for IEC material (visual aids, flyers, LBLs etc.) and co-create through frequent consultations during the design process- Translate requirements into briefs for the agency to design and develop IEC material- Manage quality of deliverables from the agency as per timelines- Work with agency(s) to develop digital collaterals such as multimedia messages, GIFs, short videos as per need- Lead coordination for the development of scripts and copy for IEC materials- Conduct regular field visits to get feedback on engagement strategy from providers, patients, and the field team- Understand implementation challenges and barriers to adoption from all stakeholders, including patients and incorporate learnings.- Develop and update appropriate tools to enable field staff to engage with patients, bearing the above challenges in mind.- Design the communication template for community engagement for the Field Level Workers (FLW), including X-ray Coordinator, TBHV, ASHA and People’s representative at the local level.- Design and automate communications for a maximum engagement at monthly x-ray camps.- Develop appropriate patient education communication literature based on patient-level insights- Provide technical and marketing guidance to field teams.- Exercise administrative and budgetary oversight over the agency/project. Other responsibilities as needed.- The candidate should be ready to try different conceptual methodologies and bring forth nuances of patient-level communication with innovative approaches.- Work independently in a diversified environment with minimum supervision and meet deadlines under pressure- Perform various conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration, and evaluation of projects.- Facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally managed patient Studiesa
- Support CHAI focal countries to adopt and integrate new and existing HIVST products into national HTS programs- Monitor HIV rapid diagnostic market, including generating uptake and demand forecasts, conducting research on suppliers, and tracking data on funders’ procurement plans and overall HTS strategy- Collect and collate country-level data on uptake of rapid HIV diagnostics, including procurement volumes, scale-up plans, and consumption rates- Support the Senior Manager with quantitative and qualitative analyses of market intelligence data to inform the development and implementation of supply side interventions- Develop presentations and strategy documents for/to internal and external audiences that clearly articulate and advance CHAI’s HIVST supply side strategy- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in rapid diagnostic products- Develop and execute quantitative and qualitative analyses around major HIVST programmatic questions in focal countries, with support and supervision from the Senior Program Manager- Support workplanning and tracking of country activities in line with grant deliverables, including support to monthly and annual grant reporting- Provide technical support to HTS team, CHAI country teams, Ministries of Health, donors, and multilateral partners in development and implementation of evidence-based HIVST strategies- Provide additional support to country teams and grant activities as identified with the Senior Program Manager
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Collaborating with the NMCP and partners to develop, pilot and roll-out digital reporting tools for Vector Control and Entomological Surveillance- Providing the NMCP with technical and operational support to optimize Larval Source Management (LSM) by strengthening operational guidance, capacity development, implementation and M&E.- Supporting efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians.- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance and LLINs durability monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions.- Supporting NMCP efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of Vector Control Interventions, including Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) and Larval- Source Management (LSM)- Serving as a trusted adviser to the NMCP on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. This includes developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country.- Supporting with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Provide ad-hoc support to the Dominican Republic as needed, around documentation and /or implementation of priority Vector Control activities and Entomological Surveillance.
- Support the NDoH in all areas of national AHD efforts, including planning and implementation.- Develop thorough understanding of the healthcare, pharmaceutical and diagnostic landscape related to the medicines and equipment portfolio within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges, and gaps in order to inform program development.- Oversee the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear, prioritised activity plans and being able to report on the progress of executing these.- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with the NDoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Oversee analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to inform recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of products and/or services.- Oversee quantification, costing, implementation and monitoring of detailed national commodity and equipment procurement optimization, introduction and scale up plans.- Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.- Develop and maintain program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Oversee the development and input provided to relevant technical documents including health services provider training curricula, standard operating procedures, and service delivery guidelines to support the program scale up.- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to DoH on prioritization of initiatives.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Support the Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Provide overall technical expertise in diagnostic related areas and support diagnostics related projects.- Support government partners in all aspects of the access strategy, planning, and implementation, including analysis, policy, and guideline development and review by engaging with Client/s and other CHAI teams on related program initiatives, as it relates to the implementation of operational plans.- Conceptualize and take ownership of required analytical evaluations required to inform policy and programmatic decision-making.- Support development and integration of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to clients and other partners, and donors.- Participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to medicines.- Partner with the Program Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance, and support the manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements as needed.- Perform financial/economic analysis of key health systems investments and interventions related to diagnostic services.- Develop a thorough understanding of the healthcare and diagnostic landscape related to the medicines and equipment portfolio within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges, and gaps in order to inform program development.- Conduct analyses of the policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and provide the support required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and services.- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to DoH/NHLS on the prioritization of initiatives.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH/NHLS, suppliers, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.- Lead communication and alignment activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Other responsibilities as needed.
In close collaboration with CHAI’s country teams, NMCPs and other stakeholders, provide technical and implementation support including but not limited to:- Identifying high priority opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors through scoping exercises and data review;- Developing and supporting the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for CHAI and ministry case management and supply chain interventions and tools to include collection, analysis, interpretation and use of appropriate indicators across Mesoamerica and Hispaniola;- Building and maintaining a strong understanding of the malaria diagnosis and treatment landscape;- Ensuring documentation and dissemination of topics related to malaria case management and/or supply chain management research activities and results through technical reports, presentations, policy briefs, and publications; - Engaging with government, private sector, and technical partners to build relationships and advance innovative tools for malaria elimination;- Constantly looking for areas of opportunity/high impact to support malaria elimination efforts in Mesoamerica;- Generating, synthesizing and translating evidence (i.e., via surveys, literature reviews, routine data analysis) to inform government and partner policy and programmatic decision making;- Contributing to the formulation of grant proposals and donor reporting across the region;- Expanding access to and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies linked to changing malaria epidemiology;- Developing materials for health care workers, including SOPs and updated training curriculum for community health workers (CHWs) to improve adherence to national guidelines;- Designing and implementing strategies and detailed plans to address gaps in availability and access to case management services, and supply chain management;- Drafting and/or updating of national guidelines related to diagnosis and treatment, quality assurance and control for medicines and diagnostics;- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, NMCPs and key partners on ongoing country activities and priorities.
As part of the Integrated Care team, play an integral role in the delivery of the Integrated Care Initiative from conception to delivery of a district-level pilot:- Scoping of the Integrated Care initiative across a short-list of states, considering administrative feasibility, financial viability, and political salience- Work closely with program lead, WJCF India leadership, state-level authorities, donor partners and other stakeholders to identify solutions for specific elements of the vision- Gather, distil, and apply relevant health systems-related research finding and insights to the Integrated Care Initiative.- Identify potential partners (e.g. technology, capacity building, research) to deliver the vision- Coordinate outreach and socialization of the concept with relevant authorities in shortlisted states- Work with relevant authorities and partners to develop a detailed operational roll-out plan at the district level- Manage teams (3-member field team) in execution of the district-level pilot- Develop a robust monitoring framework for the Integrated Care Initiative and plan and coordinate reporting- Other responsibilities as needed