Click column header to sort
CHAI recherche un(e) associé(e) ayant une expérience en gestion de projet et des compétences analytiques étendues pour fournir un soutien technique de qualité au ministère de la santé. Cela comprendra le soutien à diverses réformes de financement de la santé et de renforcement du système énumérées ci-dessus. L'associé sera baséà Ouagadougou et interagira avec les principales parties prenantes du gouvernement, les donateurs et le reste de la communauté locale et internationale au Burkina Faso.Ce poste offre une occasion unique de travailler en étroite collaboration avec un gouvernement qui s'est engagéà garantir l'accès universel aux soins de santé par le biais de réformes historiques et innovantes.Les principales responsabilités sont les suivantes :- Agir en tant que conseiller auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement et soutenir la conception et la mise en œuvre de réformes et de stratégies nouvelles ou améliorées en matière de financement de la santé. Il s'agira notamment de soutenir les initiatives suivantes :- La mise en œuvre de la cartographie des ressources et du suivi des dépenses, qui vise à améliorer la visibilité du financement du gouvernement et des donateurs et à renforcer les efforts de mobilisation et d'alignement des ressources.- Conception d'une solution pour améliorer la viabilité financière du programme de soins gratuits pour les femmes et les enfants de moins de 5 ans par le biais de nouvelles allocations de ressources et en améliorant l'efficacité des coûts.- Renforcement des processus, des capacités et des pratiques de gestion des ressources à différents niveaux du système pour une planification, une budgétisation et un suivi des dépenses fondés sur des données probantes.- Concevoir et réaliser des analyses de coûts et d'impact et d'autres analyses quantitatives qui évaluent les possibilités d'améliorer l'efficience, l'efficacité et la durabilité du financement de la santé au Burkina Faso, y compris pour le programme de soins gratuits. Cela inclut le développement d'études de protocole avec des indicateurs clés de processus, de production, de résultat et d'impact à suivre.- Développer des rapports écrits de haute qualité et des notes techniques adaptés à différents publics cibles, afin de transformer les résultats analytiques en recommandations politiques et opérationnelles. Il peut s'agir de documents d'orientation destinés à informer les réformes du financement de la santé et à aider le ministère de la santéà mobiliser des fonds pour ses principales priorités, notamment auprès des donateurs et du ministère des finances.- Soutenir le ministère de la santé dans la révision de ses plans et budgets nationaux, notamment le plan pour les soins de santé primaires et le plan national du secteur de la santé, et veiller à ce que les bonnes données soient utilisées pour définir les priorités.- Étudier les méthodes utilisées dans le déploiement des réformes du financement de la santé et de la gestion des finances publiques dans d'autres pays et conseiller le gouvernement pour adapter ces leçons au contexte burkinabé.- Dans le cadre de tous les projets, contribuer au renforcement des capacités institutionnelles en matière de financement de la santé et assurer un transfert de compétences durable.- Saisir les occasions de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de CHAI et d'autres institutions partenaires, afin de contribuer à la création d'une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation et de se tenir au courant des principales tendances et recherches mondiales.- Maintenir une expertise technique en matière de financement de la santé et se tenir au courant des principaux défis.- Autres responsabilités potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with government partners, CHAI country teams, and other stakeholders, to identify data and capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems for malaria and NTD commodities (g., insecticides, insecticidal bed nets, diagnostics, and treatments), and build solutions that fit the needs of the malaria program in the context of the national health system;- Work closely with CHAI country teams (in Francophone West and Central Africa) and government partners to integrate available data sources and build and/or update models to quantify and forecast demand for malaria commodities distributed by the public and private- Ensure adequate procurement and distribution of commodities to all relevant levels of the health care system through planning, data analysis and visualization, and coordination across- Evaluate stock management policies for community health workers (CHWs) and work with country teams to adequately plan, distribute, and monitor stock usage to CHW level- Establish supply chain monitoring and evaluation indicators to track progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings.- Identify new avenues for CHAI engagement with national malaria programs and the private sector for improved supply chain management.- Support broader malaria case management efforts to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support the management and monitoring of data from routine health information systems for pediatric and adolescent HIV activities in the provinces/districts.- Use data from routine health information systems to design monitoring frameworks, review implementation progress, provide quantitative and qualitative analyses and feedback to district, provincial and national managers on how to accelerate the CHAI and NDOH key strategic priorities- Work with the relevant CHAI and DOH program managers to strengthen the capacity of managers and health care workers to use data for improving program performance through improved planning and monitoring for the pediatric and adolescent HIV program- Work with the relevant CHAI and NDoH managers to provide strategic feedback reports (identifying challenges and opportunities) based on data analyses of the program- Escalate any issues of major importance to the relevant CHAI and NDoH managers- Support relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
Budgeting and Reporting:- Develop in-depth understanding of multiple programs’ budgets and expense drivers/levers and support program managers/ budget holders in developing/revising budget guidelines, and, preparation/submission of detailed program budgets- Support the Director Finance and Program Managers in consolidation, validation and analysis of operational expenses against budgets; provide variance explanations and effect adjustments to programmatic plans/budgets- Review income allocations and closely coordinate with program managers on execution rate, adjustments needed, and reforecasting of budgets to ensure consistency with programmatic goals/plans- Prepare budget presentations for discussions/approvals and incorporation of these in program reports/submissionFinancial Management and Planning:- Prepare management reports/dashboard for tracking critical KPIs, and grants’/projects’ performance and advise Program managers on productivity metrics and cost efficiencies- Support project teams in development of financial proposals/plans for new grants and support translation of these into detailed financial scenarios, cost heads/expense categories, phasing etc.Grant Management:- Support program teams in preparing, reviewing, reconciling and submitting financial reports to donors and in setting up and implementing appropriate reporting protocols- Support development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for grants management, budgeting guidelines and financial management- Send timely alerts and reminders for coordination with other WJCF Offices- Process partner agreements/contracts and coordinate timely payments and maintenance of all partners records and financial documentsEfficient financial risk management:- Support the Finance function in effective risk management measures, ensuring judicious utilisation of funds, adherence to budgets, and compliance with regulatory norms- Support risk assessment of partners and institute measures including systems, processes and training of partners (and WJCF staff) in compliance and risk managementCompliance & audit support:- Support development and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures to ensure financial probity, transparency, and adoption of best practices- Assist Director Finance in in external/intrenal audits, reviews and preparation of audit action plan- Other responsibilities as needed
The Associate will report to the Sustainable Health Financing Program and his or her responsibility will include, but are not limited to the following:- Work closely with MoH and across a range of relevant government institutions to identify key areas that require upgrades and improvements in primary health care, to develop a comprehensive long-term costed plan for driving these investments in and improving PHC, aligned with the vision and priorities of the Government of Rwanda. This will include a credible financing plan for how investments in the health system can be maximized and how external investments in systems can be sustained over time and support the implementation of the plan.- Engage with high-level government officials in the Ministry of Health to facilitate alignment on key priorities for accelerating progress on the current health sector strategic plan. This will require activities including:- Assessment of current health sector policies, strategies, and plans to determine initiatives, interventions and activities that are planned, in the pipeline, being implemented or can be effectively and efficiently delivered at the PHC level.- Leveraging existing literature and available data to determine established targets, the status of progress towards targets and gaps across the health systems as related to PHC.- Develop and leverage existing costing of investment and recurring costs, relevant to PHC over an extended period. This may require additional data collection, tools, and approaches.- Map available resources against costs, including external and domestic funds projections, highlighting funding gaps. This will leverage existing information.- Develop a robust financing plan and facilitate stakeholder validation of plan, including the role for existing external financing to be re-aligned with this plan, for new external financing, and for increased domestic financing over time.- Support the government leadership in the design and implementation of health financing strategies, interventions, and reforms, including provider payment reforms for primary health care, priority setting and benefits package design, financial management, strengthening of donor coordination to support domestic resource mobilization and a sustainable transition towards greater self-reliance. This will include analytical work and engaging MoH team and other stakeholders, the development of literature reviews, concept notes, excel tools, quantitative and qualitative analyses.- Support the government in resource mobilization plan development both domestically, including private sector engagement and promotion of medical tourism, and external financing to ensure health programs are financed more sustainably through diverse and innovative sources of funding.- Support the government to design a sustainable capacity-building strategy for MoH staff in analytical work, and data analysis, including costing, scenario modeling, budgeting, impact analyses, and other quantitative analyses that help assess opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability in health financing to inform priority reforms.- Organize policy dialogues, meetings, and workshops.- Prepare background papers and technical briefs, and produce high-quality written reports and presentations for engaging stakeholders.- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Support the State Team Lead in developing and implementing of the WJCF programme ensuring for supporting improvements in data systems and review mechanisms, service delivery, supply chain, and other Routine Immunization aspects- Craft program management frameworks and implementation and reporting mechanisms and optimize the existing ones in alignment with WJCF’s strategy and immunization context to facilitate effective oversight and management, encompassing key processes impact indicators, and effective measurement mechanisms- Lead the implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation framework through the WJCF team- Conceptualize, design and coordinate program impact and progress evaluation surveys- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Significantly contribute to documenting programme progress through reports, presentations and templates for effective internal use and dissemination of reports at state and national levels- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Travel on short notice to the various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the State Team Lead
Technology Project Management (35%)- Work with Ministry of Health programs, in-country partners, and regional/local CHAI teams to understand user requirements for malaria surveillance and public health campaigns; develop and document user-centered requirements in line with programmatic objectives and data needs, including data entry forms, user workflows, dashboards, and system integrations- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, software/hardware specifications, and implementation/adoption guidance to non-technical staff within the Ministry of Health, partner organizations, and other CHAI team members.- Manage technology vendors to ensure product developments are on track and in line with defined requirements; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally- Directly configure data collection, management, and reporting tools and systems as needed (e.g. DHIS2, ODK, CommCare), including user-friendly dashboards- Create and manage detailed project plans with Ministry of Health programs and CHAI regional and country teams to progressively design, develop, and test systems and mobile tools- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities; proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plansImplementation, Change Management, and M&E (35%)- Develop system roll-out plans and support system installation, device set-up, and operational readiness ahead of implementation- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the administration and use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by ensuring data visualizations are automated, simple, clear, and action-oriented for program staff at all levels- Proactively solicit feedback and identify opportunities for iterative system improvements- Design and help implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions- Develop long-term maintenance plans for the sustained use of digital tools together with the Ministry of HealthDigital Health Foundations Support (30%)- Assist governmental Digital Health and IT departments in the selection, configuration, and operationalization of tech management tools, including mobile device management, product management, and HelpDesk software- Support technical and non-technical capacity-building efforts within governmental Digital Health and IT departments, including DHIS2 configuration and software delivery lifecycle management skills- Provide thought partnership and hands-on support to the Digital Health and IT departments in articulating a strategy, roadmap, and governance framework for cross-cutting digital health support to programs
- Support the malaria program in the Sud-department to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, including:- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.- Providing the malaria program in the Sud-department with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes.- Program Management:- Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets.- Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donors.- Partnership, Representation & Communication:- - Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in the Sud-department.- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in the Sud-department.- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant.- Any other tasks identified.
- Act as a key focal point to a set of countries with a focus of Francophone West Africa. As part of this role, support governments and country teams supporting governments in developing and implementing health financing strategies and reforms, including for improved resource mobilization and pooling, strategic purchasing (including priority setting and benefits package design and provider contracting and payment), and financial management. This will include a mix of thought partnership and technical advisory to teams and government stakeholders, and of content creation including the development of literature reviews, concept notes, excel tools, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and training materials.- Proactively share learnings from other countries and source the appropriate experts from CHAI global and country teams and from CHAI global network to support country programs on technical and strategic topics.- Design and conduct cost and impact analyses, and other quantitative analyses that help assess opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability in health financing for countries in scope of support. Provide training and coaching to teams on analytics, including in the areas of costing, scenario modelling, and budgeting.- Support the design, implementation and analysis of health system diagnostics, which will aim to support governments map the financing and management bottlenecks for effective service delivery at facility and community levels. Document learnings from those diagnostics in the form of internal knowledge materials or case studies.- Contribute to shaping CHAI Global Health Financing knowledge sharing approach and support continuous knowledge sharing across countries. This includes the development of relevant documents, publications, and case studies, and the planning and facilitation of learning events including the health financing summits and monthly calls.- Contribute to CHAI’s strategy on health financing and primary health care globally and at country level, including in country programs.- This will include participating in strategy sessions, sharing learning from in country work, and developing materials such as strategy documents, concept notes, and proposals.- Maintain technical expertise in health financing and stay abreast of key challenges.- Other responsibilities as requested by manager.