Click column header to sort
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of each CSO’s current organization structure, resources, and capacity for sustainability planning.- Organize workshops to educate the target CSOs on the concept of sustainability planning and its importance in achieving long-term impact.- Provide training on sustainable resource mobilization, fundraising strategies, and partnership development (including facilitating connections between CSOs and potential partners such as businesses, government agencies, and other non-profits.- Support CSOs in developing tailored sustainability plans, outlining strategies for generating resources, securing diversified funding sources, maintaining community engagement beyond the project’s duration, and ensuring the continuation of immunization support initiatives beyond the project’s duration.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Prepares technical notes and submits for review.- Prepare, review and initial sign off participants statement of payments and follow up on timely payment of participants.- Prepares and submits expense and activity reports within three days of completion of field activity.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a national malaria drug resistance strategy:- Conduct a baseline assessment of the status of resistance and its drivers, drawing on existing data and collaborating with partners.- Develop a draft strategy with interventions to strengthen surveillance, optimize antimalarial use, and deploy new tools in priority areas.- Define potential ACT diversification scenarios, including MFT strategies, considering feasibility and resource needs.- Collaborate with stakeholders to refine the strategy and advocate for its adoption.- Providing technical assistance to NMCP:- Support the development and dissemination of training materials, checklists, and guidelines for health workers and community health agents.- Participate in integrated case management supervision efforts and data analysis.- Coordinate community health/case management components of the national malaria strategic plan.- Building partnerships and collaboration:- Engage with a range of stakeholders, including government agencies, research institutions, and community health organizations.- Facilitate collaboration between CHAI teams, NMCP, and other strategic partners to ensure alignment and achieve program goals.Additional Responsibilities:- Work alongside NMCP and other key MoH partners to support relevant workflows on community health, malaria case management, and supply chain management.- Serve as a focal point with case management, supply chain, and community health stakeholders in the country, ranging from government, academia, civil society, and the private sector (i.e. a long-term physical presence in the country to provide uninterrupted support).- Support advocacy efforts for case management, supply chain, and community health strategy, program design, and implementation in line with evidence-based best practice.- Strengthen and extend programmatic reporting and activity monitoring tools and processes at central and operational levels; develop the capacity of government staff to monitor activities regularly.- Support NMCP in the collection, analysis, and visualization of case and inventory management data. Monitor progress and data quality and make necessary updates to the M&E framework and documentation of learning.- Collaborate effectively with CHAI teams, including malaria surveillance, analysis and technology, and health financing teams, to support CHAI's community health deliverables.- Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
• Support implementation of Vaccines projects to strengthen EPI capacity and management and to meet donor objectives and timelines, including development of reports to donors.• Support the development of guidelines, workplans, budgets and other materials for key activities.• Support vaccine’s portfolio team and MoH in developing and implementing the program ensuring for supporting improvements in strengthening management and governance, service delivery, supply chain, and other Routine Immunization aspects.• Optimize program management dashboards and existing implementation and reporting mechanisms in alignment with broader immunization program strategy laid out by MoH and vaccine’s program outcomes to facilitate effective oversight and management, encompassing key input, processes, output, and outcome indicators.• Conceptualize effective measurement mechanisms and lead the implementation of a Monitoring & Evaluation framework at the EPI through the Vaccine’s team.• Conceptualize, design, and coordinate program impact and progress evaluation surveys• Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources such as DHIS2, IHME, MNCH datasets, other health data sets, other non-health government data sets, localized datasets, and surveys to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh.• Significantly contribute to internal and external capacity building initiatives by the team for improving data handling and decision-making competencies of target trainee cohorts• Significantly contribute to documentation of program progress through reports, presentations, and templates for effective internal use and dissemination of reports at state and national levels.• Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them• Travel on short notice to the various parts of the country.• Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager.
• Support the development of the MAC catch-up plan to include equity-based strategies, in order to ensure no one is left behind with HPV vaccination.• Monitor closely the implementation of the MAC campaign activities.• Develop and support implementation of an HPV vaccination school strategy and routinization plan.• Involve CSO to conduct advocacy, sensitization and communication on HPV vaccination and other VPD at various levels• Ensure that each CSO has the appropriate systems in place to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities assigned to them.• Support the designated CSO to develop and execute an advocacy plan for preventing VPD, including HPV, among religious and traditional leaders in targeted communities.• Support the designated CSO to design an integrated 'household' immunization approach and oversee its implementation through pilot initiatives carried out by CSOs in selected underserved communities.• Support the designated CSO to design and execute an advocacy plan for preventing VPD, including HPV, among Regional Councilors in the Centre, Littoral and West Regions.Other responsibilities:• Integrate the MOH vaccination platform and build relationship with all relevant MOH staff in the EPI; act as secretariat to the working group, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, and taking meeting minutes amongst others.• Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for the vaccine program e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets, contracts.• Develop monitoring & evaluation tools for the grant• Institute clinical training and mentoring plan for the CSO, including core financial and programmatic aspects of a functional organization• Strengthen the CSO management systems, through development of management tools, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)• Liaise regularly with MOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations for vaccine-related work and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings.• Lead internal communications on key donor reporting deadlines to relevant team members – work closely with Finance and Administration teams to ensure activity plans and programmatic budgets are shared proactively-coordinate with Country Leadership to ensure any major risks and challenges for programmatic objectives are escalated and addressed accordingly.• Develop materials and document internal updates to share with other CHAI Cameroon and global team members; highlight opportunities for integration and coordination across work streams wherever possible.• Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving oxygen access in Cameroon.• Other responsibilities as assigned and needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the national malaria program to refine technical support in all malaria control interventions, with a specific focus on case management.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to evaluate strategies, identify and prioritize resource gaps, and develop new funding proposals for the country.- Support case management/commodity access goals’ implementation directed at central and subnational capacity for the implementation of high-quality malaria case management strategies, built on data-driven decision-making, standardized processes and effective tools.- Support expansion of access and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies.- Execute strategies, plans and tools for the integration of case management and supply chain information into malaria surveillance systems.- Support antimalarial resistance mitigation workstream, by assessing the status of artemisinin resistance in Angola, compiling and analysing in country potential drivers of resistance (based on WHO guidance) identifying and evaluating gaps that may be drivers of resistance, and drafting a strategy to mitigate antimalarial resistance.- Assess strengths and weaknesses of national institutions and mechanism that regulate and distribute antimalarial drugs, monitor and promote compliance to treatment guidelines, and implement.- Monitor program activities against project objectives and donor commitments, identify bottlenecks or operational weaknesses, and work collaboratively with country and global CHAI teams to achieve exceptional results within tight timeframes.- Identify new opportunities within and outside of the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support the development of programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
The Associate will support the malaria, and NTDs programs to: - Provide technical assistance to the national malaria program to refine technical support in all malaria control interventions.- Support the development and monitoring of country-specific government strategies, roadmaps, and costed work plans relating to malaria and NTDs.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to evaluate strategies, identify and prioritize resource gaps, and develop new funding proposals for the country.- Contribute to the formulation, review, and feedback of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines, grant proposals, donor reports, or implementation updates.- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation to measure progress towards malaria control goals (analysis of key indicators, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of surveillance platforms, etc.).- Monitor program activities against project objectives and donor commitments, identify bottlenecks or operational weaknesses, and work collaboratively with country and global CHAI teams to achieve exceptional results within tight timeframes.- Identify new opportunities within and outside of the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support the development of programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Provide day-to-day program management support to the malaria, and NTDs programs.- Work with the MoH programs and stakeholders to develop workplans, templates, guidelines, and other material for successful project execution.- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government program and partner organizations in the region to ensure coordination.- Additional responsibilities as required and assigned by the direct line manager.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the reasons and contributing factors behind the low coverage and uptake of the HPV vaccine in Sierra Leone.- Through findings from the assessments and the Human Centered Design workshop, support the development and execution of a contextually appropriate and scalable coverage improvement implementation roadmap.- Conduct targeted training of HCW to enhance HPV vaccine education and advocating for its integration into school health policy implementation.- Disseminate results across a diverse range of stakeholders to inform HPV programming nationally and globally.- Support the EPI to develop a digitized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for effective real-time vaccination tracking.- Support the establishment of CHAI operations across districts as it relates to the HPV vaccination program.- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels to evaluate national immunization commitments, workplan specifically focusing on the scale up of HPV vaccination in the country.- Collaborate with the EPI at national and district level to review and update HPV delivery strategy to improve routine uptake and optimization.- Support and engage in advocacy efforts targeting political and traditional leaders at national and local levels to promote awareness and support for HPV vaccination. - Engage with the government to ensure a smooth transfer of skills, fostering government ownership.- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with government entities, internal partners, donors, and INGOs, ensuring optimal coordination of resources and endeavors within the district and at national level.- Develop persuasive presentations and reports for donors and the government.- Other tasks as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the national malaria program in all malaria control interventions and entomological activities.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to identify and prioritize intervention coverage gaps, evaluate impact of interventions (analysis of key indicators, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of intervention campaigns, etc.), and uptake of new malaria prevention tools.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to identify entomological data gaps that inform the vector control intervention choice and targeting.- Contribute to the formulation and writing of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines, grant proposals, donor reports, or implementation updates.- Identify new opportunities within and outside of the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support the development of presentations, programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Engage stakeholders interested in supporting malaria programs.- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination.- Undertake any other tasks as identified, contributing to the overall success of the malaria and NTDs program in Benin. This multifaceted role requires a dynamic individual dedicated to enhancing public health outcomes through data-driven strategies and collaborative problem-solving.
- Work with national malaria program staff to implement broad management capacity building plans, including trainings for malaria and NTDs government staff at central and subnational levels.- Identify technical gaps with the Ministry of Health that occur during the provision of malaria services at the primary health care level and malaria prevention campaigns.- Work with fellow CHAI country teammates and the national malaria staff to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize the cost of national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models.- Assist Benin malaria & NTDs programs with financial and programmatic tracking, including the identification of key decision-relevant information, the development of dashboards and systems to bring that key information to the decision-making point.- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans.- Support Beninese government to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development.- Serve as liaison between country team, CHAI regional technical teams, Benin partners, and stakeholders with respect to management, strategy, and finance workstreams.- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector in Benin.- Engage stakeholders interested in supporting malaria programs.- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination.- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting.- Undertake any other tasks as identified, contributing to the overall success of the malaria and NTDs program in Benin. This multifaceted role requires a dynamic individual dedicated to enhancing public health outcomes through data-driven strategies and collaborative problem-solving.
Global Operations (~50%)- Develop project management tools, strategies, and methods to ensure consistent implementation of CHAI policies and procedures across the matrix.- Establish, maintain, and communicate consistent organizational policies and procedures that improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.- In partnership with other support functions ensure all relevant program and non-program countries are up to date and in compliance with respective government requirements.- Support CHAI country start-up and scale-down operational activities, ensuring that all necessary stakeholders are effectively coordinated, and compliance requirements are met.- In partnership with the Director maintain annual budgets and track financial expenditures.Knowledge Management (~25%)- Manage CHAI’s knowledge management processes using internal repositories and the consolidation, organization, and distribution of organizational-wide policies, guides, and practices.- Support the development and implementation of CHAI Net, the organization’s intranet, and primary knowledge management platform.- Develop cross-cutting solutions for improving internal systems for knowledge sharing and information management across the matrix.- In partnership with global HR, and via CHAI Net, streamline and implement a structured onboarding process across the matrix.- In partnership with programming, and via the CHAI Net, systematize e-learning documentation such as tender and proposal development tools, M&E processes, donor reporting, fundraising materials, etc.Organizational Strategy (~25%)- Support the Director, Global Operations on priority projects related to operations excellence, global compliance, programmatic and country operations as assigned.- Pursue innovative and transformational approaches to integrating global operations through a customer service approach across the matrix.- Foster collaboration both within and outside the organization to pursue industry standard approaches to global operations, risk management, compliance, and project implementation.- Support the management and implementation of key committees such as Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Safeguarding Committee; Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and Knowledge management.