Click column header to sort
Support country health system strengthening through training, and the review, validation, and management of data - Execute training of assigned country users and other country stakeholders on supply chain data management principles related to VAN processes and the VAN platform.- Act as main point of contact between VAN and country data providers for the collection, review, and validation of national inventory and supply plan data for a portfolio of countries. - Work with country data providers to ensure that inventory and supply plan data is submitted on time and is complete.- Ensure that supply plans, inventory, and order/shipment data as presented in the VAN are in alignment with one another for a portfolio of countries.- Create data validation tickets and work to resolve data validation issues for a portfolio of countries using the VAN ticketing system when possible, or directly with country data providers. Resolve family planning supply imbalances in collaboration with country stakeholders and the global RH community - Collaborate with assigned in-country data providers to review supply exceptions flagged by the system and to determine the appropriate action to request of donors/procurers to avoid stockouts, shortages, and overstocks for at least the next 12 months. - Work with the Control Tower Planning Manager to execute more in-depth analysis of country data for the Consensus Planning Group (CPG). The CPG is a cross-organizational group of donors, procurers, and technical assistance partners working together to avoid/mitigate family planning stock imbalances.- Present country-specific issues to donors/procurer members of the CPG and make clear recommendations for action.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (governments, procurers, donors, NGOs) working in SRH commodity security, becoming a respected and trusted colleague in the family planning community. Contribute to process improvement efforts of the VAN - Support continuous process improvement efforts through active participation in VAN taskforces and workstreams. - Provide input to the development of analytics dashboards to be leveraged by the Control Tower Planning Manager, other Control Tower Members, as well as by international, multi-donor working groups. Contribute to country supply chain strengthening- Serve as a supply chain expert resource to the CHAI Global SRH Team and to CHAI country teams, providing technical support as needed on in-country supply chain systems and processes, including forecasting, supply planning and distribution.- Manage and strengthen systems to monitor stock on hand, consumption and orders of family planning commodities and medical abortion products.- Collaborate with country teams to support mitigation of supply chain-related barriers.
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
Support the Market Shaping team to:- Leverage industry experience to guide strategic decisions to implement robust LOX supply strategies, with consideration for existing market and production capacity.- Prepare analysis and recommendations for LOX business models, incorporating investment cases for private sector suppliers.- Identify business opportunities and developing detailed costing and ROI analyses for new projects or investments.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research and market developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to the broader team.- Advise on the development of contracts with LOX suppliers, operators, and related vendors.Support the Engineering team to:- Develop and provide evidence-based updates to technical specifications for all equipment, services, and components related to LOX equipment and services. This includes (but is not limited to) LOX storage vessels and Vaporizers, high-pressure liquid-to-gas filling stations, LOX transport vehicles, medical gas piping systems, compressors, cryogenic pumps, construction modifications, and other related technology. - Review technical documentation related to the design, planning, acquisition, installation, commissioning, and ongoing operations of LOX projects. This includes (but is not limited to) oxygen supply strategy, site readiness assessments, selection and configuration planning, tank and vaporizer sizing, tender solicitations, etc.- Leverage professional network to connect CHAI with relevant external stakeholders for knowledge exchange on technical and quality topics for medical LOX systems.- Work with both global CHAI Global Essential Medicines engineering and country technical teams to ensure timeliness and completeness of project deliverables.- Respond to technical inquiries on LOX system requirements from internal and external stakeholders and provide thought partnership as an expert focal point for troubleshooting and mitigating project related risks required in CHAI focus countries.- Advise field personnel during the pre-construction phase, deployment phase, and start-up phase (remotely or in person at the job site) Support the Procurement team to:- Review, research and evaluate the technical dossiers of component suppliers, original equipment manufacturers and vendor solicitation proposals related to LOX projects, including P&IDs, equipment specifications, product brochures, databooks, civils layout drawings, BOQs, piping specifications, installation manual, maintenance manual, etc.- Collaborate with vendors as necessary to address project scope and equipment requirements clarifications, ensuring all LOX products and services on offer meet all applicable internationally recognised codes and standards. - Coordinate and oversee in process Third party inspections by Authorized Inspection Authority (AIA) inspections of LOX equipment and associated services to ensure vendors are maintaining compliance to appropriate equipment performance and quality related standards during projects.Support the Knowledge Management team to:- Develop technical guidance documents and materials for LOX systems application; supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of LOX equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Assist with the development of LOX-related technical knowledge management materials (Thought pieces, operating procedures, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned, videos), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Review training materials and curriculums proposed by vendors for biomedical engineers, and technicians involved with LOX system planning, installation, operations, maintenance, as well as quality, safety, and risk management.
Capacity building on data collection, retrieval, analysis, visualization and use for operational planning and other strategic decision-making (30%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and on systematic data use by developing manuals, SOPs, and other relevant training materials.- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within the NTD programby monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the NTD program’s data use.- Lead training and coaching sessions for key stakeholders on data use and on NTD data repository, once developed.- Identify additional in-country partners to support and sustain capacity building initiatives for NTD program.Technical assistance on data use (20%)- Coordinate survey and MDA data reviews at central and peripheral levels; support DHIS-2 data reviews.- Support development of global NTDs scorecards for Benin.- Support consolidation of relevant data for certification of NTDs elimination dossiers as applicable.- Identify opportunities for improved data use in planning and execution of NTD mass drug campaigns. Health information systems strengthening (20%)- Support development and roll out of an integrated NTD database including user testing and feedback.- Develop dashboards for NTD database and link them to other visualization tools.- Develop M&E framework and update schedule for improving integrated database and relevant tools.Knowledge brokering on use of modelling to inform NTD program implementation activities (20%)- Serve as liaison between NTD modelling stakeholders and the national NTD program to support development and validation of the program’s modelling questions and ensure dialogue between modelers and the program.- Translate modelling results into decision-making recommendations and advocacy materials.Support vector control initiatives to improve entomology surveillance across the NTDs and malaria programs (10%)- Collaborate with other in-country partners to strengthen MoH monitoring of sentinel sites.- Support review of insecticide resistance monitoring and data interpretation.
- Support the mapping of national PMNCH partners- Set up and maintain a database of national PMHCH partners- Support desk reviews to identify and compile a list of existing national WCAH commitments- Work with the Program Manager to develop the engagement plan- Work with the Program Manager to develop interview guides or checklists for stakeholder consultations- Support the collection of qualitative data through key informant interviews and/or discussions with key stakeholders (Ministry of Health, implementing partners including youth organizations) to assess the extent to which the government has implemented WCAH commitments and identify any existing gaps- Support the production of a national assessment report of WCAH commitments highlighting the quality and status of existing commitments made in the past 20 years- Work with the Program Manager to develop a Country Advocacy Action Plan to rally partner efforts and provide the basis for evaluating and reporting progress by partners towards agreed outcomes- Support the Program Manager to develop monthly progress reports to be shared with PMNCH- Work with the Program Manager and PMNCH to develop a National Digital Advocacy Hub which will aim to centralize and streamline access to knowledge and advocacy tools and resources- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Program Manager and/or Country Director
- SERC members will assist investigators in determining whether an activity engages CHAI in human research.- Participate in monthly calls with committee to discuss protocols reviewed over the past month and be prepared to present their protocol reviews during these calls.- Provide input on the role of SERC within CHAI.- Provide input on the CHAI policy and the webinar once a year.If an activity engages CHAI in human research, a reviewer will:- Provide feedback about the appropriateness of the research aims, study design, data collection procedures, data analysis, and results dissemination.- Assist investigators with identifying an appropriate local and/or external IRB, as needed, to review human research and facilitate connection between the CHAI investigator and external IRB.- Support communication between investigators and IRBs as needed.- Respond to additional ethical issues that may arise from CHAI agents.- Determine whether clinical trial registration is required.- Ensure that study teams are aware that any drugs or medical devices purchased by CHAI for use in their study comply with CHAI’s Quality Policy.- Ensure that study teams have considered the impact of COVID-19 on their protocol and taken the appropriate precautions to protect the safety of participants and data collectors.If an activity engages CHAI but is not human research, a reviewer will:- Provide feedback about the appropriateness of plans for the design, data collection procedures, data analysis, and results dissemination.
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships- Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
SRH strategy, program and grant management- In collaboration with country teams, drive and oversee the development, initiation, execution, growth and monitoring of SRH delivery programs at CHAI in line with CHAI’s overall global SRH strategy- Develop and maintain standards and guidelines for support to country teams across the Delivery group- Work closely with leadership and staff on CHAI program and country teams to ensure cohesive team collaboration, alignment on goals and donor requirements, and drive towards collective impact- Establish and lead process for tracking performance against the Delivery group’s objectives, key performance indicators and milestones, coordinating with product and grant owners to execute data analysis and program reflection meetings, to inform team resource planning and prioritization- Serve as a trusted advisor to other global and country SRH team members in identifying and solving problems and provide creative, strategic input into complex issues- Support teams in development, synthesis and review of presentations, reports, and briefings for donors and CHAI leadership- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change, strategy and approach related to SRH and recommend improvements and strategic direction- Develop and maintain expertise in latest developments in SRH and inform program activities based on global evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners- Provide hands-on analytical and technical execution or advisory, as requested by country focal points, grant and product leads- Review and inform budgets and reallocations, and help draft financial reports for donorsRelationship and Partner Management- Establish and cultivate relationships with CHAI teams – with leadership and staff in-country, and in program teams – to understand priorities and goals, inform and influence SRH strategies and explore new workstreams- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, as a respected and trusted thought leader within CHAI and within the global and regional SRMNH community- Explore, develop, and manage relationships with global SRH partners to collaborate on initiatives and inform CHAI activities and strategiesTeam and people management- Maintain a high-performing team of delivery associates and managers who can work across the organizational matrix to ensure progress toward SRH outcomes- Make hiring and compensation recommendations; support recruitment and onboarding of new team members- Cultivate a supportive environment for direct reports to develop professionally- Provide regular coaching and feedback to team members; receive and adapt to feedback from team members- Exemplify CHAI values and SRH team norms- Contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Global S&S focal point for CHAI program countries in the West & Central Africa regions including but not limited to, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal.- Work with country and global team colleagues to monitor and improve compliance with S&S global policies and guidelines.- Respond to day-to-day security incidents affecting CHAI staff, assets, and reputation.- Work with country SPPs and Country Directors to conduct risk assessments and modify operations/protocol.- Develop and maintain the S&S Department knowledge management systems including but not limited to Smartsheet, the S&S Department Portal, and Box.- Manage Travel Safety for the S&S Department including relationship management with Key Travel, Healix International, and the development and implementation of CHAI travel protocols.- Train and support regional staff and leadership on standing responsibilities and incident/crisis response.- Conduct country S&S assessment visits to various CHAI operating locations to assess risk, develop protocols, and conduct training, as necessary.- Liaise with S&S counterparts at other NGOs, international and diplomatic institutions, and within private and governmental sectors to maintain a strong understanding of local risk factors and norms.- Work closely with colleagues in the Global S&S Department to staff the S&S Duty phone and respond to incidents, including during some weekend and evening hours.- Monitor S&S threats and incidents in relevant countries and work with S&S point people to address any relevant developments.- Track incidents and prepare reports and presentations for CHAI leadership.
- Establish processes and timelines for the development of donor reports and other key donor deliverables; work closely with GMAL directors and managers to ensure work remains on track and enables on-time submission of high-quality deliverables- Lead coordination of annual goal-setting process across five regions (comprising ~20 countries) and ensure outputs are complete and robust; work closely with GMAL directors and regional managers to track progress against goals on a quarterly basis- Oversee day-to-day tasks and professional development of the Senior Program Coordinator, who is responsible for (among other things) leading meeting planning and coordination, supporting recruitment and onboarding, updating team policy documents, maintaining knowledge management platforms, and managing software licenses- Support development of subrecipient contracts, processing of invoices, tracking of payments, and monitoring of contract spend against budget- Manage development of financial reports and donor invoices for select grants; work closely with GMAL directors, country teams, and partner organizations to develop variance explanations and adjust spending plans as needed- Monitor monthly variances of actual spend against budget; work with CHAI finance staff to submit adjustments as needed- Lead annual budgeting (and reforecasting) process for GMAL, ensuring that projections reflect spend required to achieve programmatic goals within the financial resources available- Provide thought partnership to Operations Director on ways to improve operational efficiency of the team