Click column header to sort
- Work in close collaboration with the HIV Prevention Director as the core team responsible for driving the rollout of CHAI’s HIV prevention program.- Serve as the technical lead on HIV prevention within CHAI, remaining abreast and up to date with the latest clinical evidence, technological and market developments, implementation experience, partner landscape, and integration and sustainability trends and best practices.- Support the development of overall project strategy, implementation, progress monitoring and problem-solving as required to achieve project goals.- Serve as a trusted advisor to country teams and MoHs on HIV prevention topics and support them on developing country level strategies to achieve project goals, monitor progress and support course correction as needed.- Provide strategic and technical guidance to global and country teams in the context of regional and global developments and trends.- Collaborate with global HAP Prevention Managers, Clinical Sciences Team, Global Markets Team, Sexual and Reproductive Health Team, and other teams to provide technical assistance to CHAI country teams and MoHs on guideline revision, assessment and adoption of new products and delivery models, development and implementation of rollout and monitoring strategies, and helping to develop strategies to advocate for changes with key in-country opinion leaders.- As required, support development and implementation of operational research to develop evidence to inform effective scale-up of HIV prevention interventions and optimization of method mix.- Develop and inform materials such as product profiles, training materials, and job aides.- As required, support in-country activities, such as national and regional meetings and training activities.- Lead and support development and dissemination of knowledge products (e.g., abstracts, presentations, reports, concept notes, etc.) for engagements with donors and regional and global HIV prevention stakeholders- Build strong relationships across global and CHAI country teams, MoHs, and relevant external partners; foster collaboration, and elevate CHAI’s work as applicable.- Support and foster donor engagement.- Support and/or lead fundraising efforts for additional HIV prevention work as appropriate.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Closely collaborate with leadership to develop clear operational plans for execution- Build and maintain trust based relationships with the government and other stakeholders- Manage the integration and implementation of oxygen and related commodities to the supply management tools and systems, propose different options of an adapted Supply Chain Management strategy to optimize the distribution of oxygen cylinders and related commodities, as needed- Support the program in the development, coordination and implementation of trainings, conferences, and meetings- Design KPIs to monitor the oxygen and related commodities supply operations efficiency- Assist the development of programmatic reports by creating content, analyzing data, and synthesizing project activities- Provide technical and capacity building assistance to the government staff- Identify areas where support is needed, plan for and design the necessary programmatic support- Support the Program Manager to identify and bridge gaps pertaining effective implementation of the program’s priorities- Performs moderate to highly complex analyses and presents findings in a clear, concise manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide health system expertise to CHAI country offices as they establish PPPs in selected Sub-Saharan African countries.- Direct CHAI staff on country and global teams on rigorous quality methods and diverse approaches and to drive the development of high-quality evidence to inform policy and PPP design.- Lead presentations and discussions with country governments (Ministries of Health and Finance) as well as with donor.- Facilitate and advise on negotiations and engagement with private sector bidders, on behalf of country governments to ensure value for money is achieved from the PPPs.- Drive evaluation of each country’s health system and analyze how PPP can improve quality of laboratory services, whilst increasing access, particularly among more marginalized groups.- Determine options for PPPs that deliver on national goals but are also affordable, and viable as business propositions for private sector providers.- Lead initial investment proposal for each country and play a key advisory role in each country’s in-depth feasibility study.- Advise country governments and CHAI country offices on potential procurement and legal pitfalls, support the design of a procurement and contracting process and workflow which maximizes the chance of receiving competitive bids and selecting a competent provider.
- Support development and management of HIV self-testing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors- Analysis and quantification of implementation trends by districts and provinces- Support the quantification and costing of HIVSS for the NDoH against available HTS programs including helping the government to identify risks and challenges; monitor HIV Testing Services (HTS) performance and outcomes, starting with HIVSS, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally- Conduct a mini-survey in a community to be selected by West Rand on reasons why males are reluctant to visit health facilities- Conducting routine field supervision visits, and support the review and facilitation of M&E trainings and engagements- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt from the scale up of HIVSS- Monitoring and updating of the AGYW repository bi-annualy, sharing the tool with implementing partners- Developing and maintaining programme databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation- Support quarterly programme evaluation to improve programme implementation and inform scale-up efforts. Represent the programme in meetings and workshops- Willingness to travel frequently across the country and abroad when the need arises- Perform other tasks as necessary
Convene and support CHAI-led consortium of partners for the malaria commodities forecasting project: - Lead the work planning process, including the development of templates, ensuring the completion of work plans by all partners, and monitoring the activities and timelines outlined within them- Lead content development for donor reporting on an annual basis; manage the assembly of CHAI and partner inputs; and help ensure that final reports are clear, consistent, and cohesive- Oversee knowledge management platform for the project, working in partnership with all consortium partners to keep it comprehensive, up-to-date, and user-friendly- Manage publication of all project findings, draft and disseminate all communicative briefs and white papers- Plan and lead regular team, consortium, and steering committee meetings in addition to output dissemination meetings- Manage team calls and support planning and execution of meetings to discuss project progress- Act as the key point person representing this project in liaison with commodity suppliers, global stakeholders, and the project donorProvide technical support and guidance to the forecasting team:- Maintain positive, productive, supportive, and collegial team cohesion and morale with an existing project team of skilled and independent staff and collaborators- Support with interpretation and narrative development for outputs produced by the market forecasting associate and epidemiologist- Lead final decisions on assumptions and scenarios to be included in forecasts and provide backstop support with analysis/interpretation of data- Keep up to date with new evidence and data relevant to the project- Collate information from partner engagements to inform forecast priorities going forwards, such as determining global events that should be included in forecast modelsProvide support to CHAI's malaria team:- Act as first point of contact on the team for project management assistance or questions- Liaise regularly with staff on matters relevant to the team- Track hiring plans, sub-contracting, and the status of recruitment efforts and proactively flag delays- Develop and maintain onboarding materials, and coordinate and lead onboarding for new staff- Manage team calls, including preparing the agenda, taking notes, and tracking follow-up action items- Develop and maintain knowledge management platform for the team- Support planning and execution of meetings, including identification of venues and coordination of all travel logistics
Management Responsibilities- Manage an ELMA-funded grant to provide technical assistance to the Global Fund NFM4 application, including leading the development and implementation of overall grant workplans and budgets- Manage an Associate, Health Workforce, enabling high performance and professional growth- Manage programmatic and M&E reporting requirements, both internally within CHAI and externally facing for program donors such as ELMA- Manage financial reporting requirements, both internally within CHAI and externally facing for program donors such as ELMA (including but not limited to approving or endorsing individual activity budgets and liquidations from the team members, real-time tracking of activity budgets and expenditures against the grant funding envelope, management of monthly preliminary expenditures, review of cashflow forecasts, etc.)- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Sustainable Health FinancingTechnical Responsibilities- Supervise technical assistance to the government to ensure that NFM4 application is robust, evidence-based, and aligned to government priorities- Supervise the integration of the costed HSSP III priorities into the NFM4 application, with a particular focus on the RSSH component but with alignment and coordination with the HIV, TB, and malaria components as needed- Supervise the timely completion of NFM4 application materials, such as proposal narratives and budget documents, as requested by the government- Supervise updates to the health workforce models in the HSSP III as needed, including updates to the costed and prioritized need for health worker pre-service education and salaries to deliver the health services in the platform of care- Build strategic relationships and facilitate meetings with the government and other stakeholders to ensure timely and consensus-driven completion of the NFM4 application- Coordinate across the CHAI office to ensure that NFM4 application support by the Health Systems Strengthening Cluster and the Infectious Disease Cluster are harmonized, aligned, and coherent- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to the MOH on a broad range of health financing and health systems issues, enabling MOH to mobilize more resources into the health sector, distribute them equitably, and use them effectively and efficiently- Support the MOH to operationalize the recently developed Health Sector Strategic Plan III, including through development of annual operational plans, costing of health systems funding gaps, and resource mapping- Facilitate the development and implementation of government planning, budgeting, and donor coordination processes and tools, with the aim of improving efficiency and joint accountability at the national and district levels- Support the movement towards strategic purchasing of health services in Malawi’s health sector, including through costing of tertiary health services at central hospitals and a value-for-money analysis of a major health sector PPP- Build government capacity on evidence-based planning, public financial management, and effective management of external funding by delivering targeted training and skills development- Build strategic relationships and facilitate meetings with government, donors and external stakeholders to drive operational and policy changes- Contribute to the development of program workplans, budgets, and reporting for internal and external audiences- Perform any other relevant duties and lead day-to-day implementation of activities as assigned by the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
- Work closely with the CHAI Health Systems Strengthening Cluster and government counterparts to plan, schedule, and organize activities- Lead preparation of activity budgets and ensure timely liquidation of all activities once completed, in line with CHAI and donor best practices and policies for sound financial management- Lead activity logistics in collaboration with the CHAI Finance and Operations teams, including disbursing allowances to meeting participants and ensuring that services such as venue hire, conferencing, printing, etc. are available for activities as relevant- Support drafting of meeting reports and other required documentation for donor reporting as needed- Maintain an effective and cordial relationship with government counterparts- Provide regular progress updates, including identifying and proactively flagging any emerging challenges in activity implementation for joint solution-finding- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager, District Health Systems Strengthening or the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
- Work closely with the DHMT to plan, schedule, and organize activities, including development of a workplan based on identified priorities within the DIP- Support the DHMT to flexibly adjust and amend the workplan as circumstances evolve- Lead preparation of activity budgets and ensure timely liquidation of all activities once completed, in line with CHAI and donor best practices and policies for sound financial management- Lead activity logistics in collaboration with the CHAI Finance and Operations teams, including disbursing allowances to meeting participants and ensuring that services such as venue hire, conferencing, printing, etc. are available for activities as relevant- Support drafting of meeting reports and other required documentation for donor reporting as needed- Maintain an effective and cordial relationship with DHMT counterparts as a representative of CHAI in the district- Provide regular progress updates to the CHAI team, including identifying and proactively flagging any emerging challenges in activity implementation for joint solution-finding- Ad-hoc logistical support for the implementation of activities related to Health Centre Improvement Grants- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager, District Health Systems Strengthening
- Own and execute external and internal communications strategy to support goals of Assistive Technology program- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and easy to access suite of AT communication resources and best practice guidance for using and developing content- Support CHAI’s communications team to carry out wider communications strategy, including managing special projects for various teams at CHAI- Conduct strategic media outreach, including defining audiences, developing pitches, and building or updating media lists- Plan and execute strategic outreach to new and existing partners and donors- Write and edit materials including blog posts, reports, press releases, decks, social media posts, and more- Assist with internal communications and knowledge sharing