Click column header to sort
Program Management- Lead Country Support team to oversee and ensure successful execution of CHAI’s HIV and grant priorities across high-burden HIV countries and regions. The Country Support team works with CHAI country teams to provide end-to-end technical assistance to governments through a blend of advocacy, relationship building, and strategic resource development.- Engage with country leadership to garner buy-in on program objectives, solicit their support for problem resolution, and ensure HIV treatment optimization projects are prioritized.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV and other HIV commodity access topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve as required.- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on HIV projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Promote global supply security and uninterrupted access to ARVs through coordination with CHAI’s HIV Market Intelligence team, the ARV Procurement Working Group, and supporting effective national-level monitoring and responding to supply challenges as they arise.- Support the adaptation of both CHAI’s work and national HIV programs to respond to the current global COVID-19 pandemic and support efforts to build more resilient national HIV programs.Team Management- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Strategy Development- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s demand-side HIV treatment optimization strategy – including market entry strategy and scale-up strategies for adult and pediatric HIV treatment commodities – in collaboration with the Senior Director, HAP.- Contribute to development of CHAI’s overall HIV strategy, including development of goals, strategies, and resource mobilization.- Collaborate in shaping CHAI’s ARV Strategy, with a focus on ensuring appropriate prioritization of the product pipeline and activities based on the needs of PLHIV and national governments.- Participate in the development and execution of innovative market shaping and market access strategies, such as catalytic procurement initiatives and related operational research, volume guarantees, and development partnerships.- Engage with donors and collaborate with the Senior Director to develop innovative ideas and write grant proposals to strengthen HIV treatment programs.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s HIV treatment agenda.Global Stakeholder Engagement- Manage and build relationships with various external stakeholders, including UN organizations, donors, implementing partners, community partners, technical partners, and suppliers.- Develop partner engagement strategy, and oversee partner engagement by Country Support team members.- Represent CHAI in international fora to guide product development priorities, global guidance, and coordination to accelerate the development and increase uptake of optimal new treatment products, such as the Global Accelerator for Paediatric Formulations (Gap-F), the Child Survival Working Group, FP 2020, etc.
- Prepare PPP feasibility study documents for submission to the RBD, MINECOFIN for review and initiation of tender process.- Update PPP feasibility study financial model, as necessary.- Conduct private sector scoping- assessing private partner capacities, cost structures, regulations for engagement of private sector and operational models for implementation.- Support private sector round table event to get key feedback on expected tender.- Map costs and tariffs of laboratory tests and benchmarking with global data to inform updates to insurance tariffs.- Map the health financing context within which PPP would operate; contracting and payment modalities; available funding, and ongoing domestic financing reforms.- Support government in running the PPP tender process, conduct negotiations with private partner providing pricing and scenario analysis and key contract terms to guide, review matrix to compare tender application.- Support the MOH in design of the PPP performance management framework.- Participate in field visits to health facilities as required.- Develop materials and document project updates to share internally/with stakeholders.- Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving diagnostics access.- Proactively identify and support risk mitigation to ensure proper implementation of the work- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support design of monitoring and evaluation systems and/or assessment tools, and transpose program learnings into actionable scale-up plans - Conduct literature/desk reviews and synthesis of key data from early adopter research- Assist country teams in the development of assessment tools, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data - Design electronic data collection systems and support CHAI country teams in collecting and managing data- Carry out research, analyses, and quantitative models and translate their results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations- Build the capacity of country teams to analyze and use data generated from the program activities, including data management best practices through training and mentoring- Serve as a key technical advisor to CHAI country teams on the evaluation and operational research studies of new diagnostic products;- Develop and/or maintain data dashboards for program monitoring- Support evaluation, documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned from CHAI's work- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing. - Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows- Other responsibilities as needed
CHAI seeks an Analyst who will be supporting a team working with the MoH and a range of relevant government institutions to identify key areas that require upgrades and improvements in primary health care, to develop a comprehensive long-term costed plan for driving investments in and improving PHC, aligned with the vision and priorities of the Government of Rwanda. This will include a credible financing plan for how investments in the health system can be maximized and how external investments in systems can be sustained over time. The scope of work can include but not limited to extensive stakeholder engagements and review of available strategies, the development of robust assessments and analyses, including costing and financing analysis, and report writing. CHAI is seeking a highly analytical individual with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. It is expected that the shape of the work will evolve over time and therefore the work will be fast paced and diverse and the position requires a strong ability to adapt and to think creatively. It also required the possession of strong research and planning skills. The Analyst must be fluent in English and have excellent relationship building and communication skills. They must be able to function independently with minimal oversight and have a strong commitment to excellence with a keen eye for detail. CHAI places great value on resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility. Responsibilities: The Analyst will be a member of the PHC team and will report to a designated supervisor. Their responsibilities will include the following: - Support high level government officials in the Ministry of Health to facilitate alignment on key priorities for accelerating progress on the current health sector strategic plan. This will require activities including:- Assessment of current health sector policies, strategies, and plans to determine initiatives, interventions and activities that are planned, in the pipeline, being implemented or can be effectively and efficiently delivered at the PHC level- Leveraging existing literature and available data to determine established targets, the status of progress towards targets and gaps across the health systems as related to PHC.- Assist in data collection and analysis to determine investments relevant to PHC over an extended period.- Provide support in the mapping of available resources against costs including projections of external and domestic funds, highlighting funding gaps.- Provide analytical support in the development of a robust financing plan- Assist in organizing policy dialogues, meetings, and workshops- Support in the preparation of background papers, technical briefs, presentations, and reports- Other responsibilities as needed
- Work with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP)and other partners to optimize malaria testing and treatment coverage in priority areas, including enhancing the quality of the existing community case management program.- Provide robust analytical and data management support to the NMCP in the roll-out and sustenance of the DHIS2 reporting system and dashboards for malaria elimination, vector control, and entomology.- Work with NMCP to create reporting and M&E protocols for DHIS2 modules on malaria elimination case-based surveillance system, vector control, and entomology to ensure the system updates align with routine workflow and operations.- Build the capacity of subnational level staff to collect, analyze and use epidemiological and vector control data for informed decision-making.- Support the CHAI program coordinators to identify and resolve surveillance-related bottlenecks at district and provincial levels in both high burdened and malaria elimination provinces.- Create sustainable linkages with the private sector to ensure malaria testing, treatment, and reporting protocols are widely disseminated and utilized at all points of care.- Support presentation and discussion of new evidence, policies, and strategies on malaria.- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Work as an integral part of the malaria control and/or elimination team to provide focused support to MoHCC and NMCP on the execution of the malaria strategy along the transmission continuum;- Support subnational microplanning, coordination, implementation, review and updating of malaria control and/or elimination policies, guidance and activity execution as may be required by the NMCP and CHAI management;- Plan and coordinate malaria program activities for quality execution of strategies;- Support identification of operational bottlenecks that hamper progress towards set targets and devise strategies to mitigate the identified bottlenecks;- Support identification of use cases for novel tools and approaches in malaria control and/or elimination;- Support capacity building and skills transfer to identified MoHCC cadres;- Provide robust analytical and data management support to the MoHCC and NMCP on malaria activities;- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: - Support the Manager to liaise between program teams, management, and other CHAI global and country teams - Coordinate and establish credibility and relationships with senior leaders in the MOHCC, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations- Analyze and draw conclusions from data, to develop and deliver influential presentations (verbal, power point, other), to create documentation and materials that communicate market data and apply the insights generated to improving HIV Prevention nationally- Support the Manager in preparation of donor and progress reports/presentations for internal and external evaluation of the project- Support the Manager in program development, implementation, planning, budgeting, forecasting, as well as monitoring and reporting- Design and develop internal and external data collection tools, tracking key grant indicators and ensuring methodologies remain consistent across grants and years- Support integration of HIV prevention best practices into MOHCC protocols, job descriptions as relevant, so that these are embedded within the relevant SOP/TOR/processes;- Support analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any policy revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth implementation of HIV prevention interventions;- Provide input into relevant technical documents to support the introduction and scale-up of innovations within HIV prevention;- Provide capacity-building support to MOHCC stakeholders to sustain, institutionalize and carry out key combination HIV prevention functions; - Perform other duties as requested
- Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Compile, synthesize and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution;- Lead in data capturing and support in managing data collection databases, survey instruments and data collection protocols;- Supporting in maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Support in M&E efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information;- Support in data management and analysis tools such as indicator dashboards to monitor and track ongoing work;- Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of program data;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Provide robust data management and analytical support to the in-country team, and actively participate in structuring the analytical approach and problem solving in areas such as:- Support quantification and resource mapping exercises for the health sector and program costing.- Review specific funding channels to understand funding flows and potential areas of inefficiencies.- Build and use tools to assess potential for improved efficiency and effectiveness of health sector interventions at national and community level.- Actively support CHAI’s engagement in community health, specifically by supporting the Ministry of Health and Child Care to implement the National Community- Health Strategy through strengthened supportive supervision of Community Health Workers (CHWs), efficient CHW data recording and management systems and scale-up of community interventions in line with the Comprehensive Package of Care.- Support management of processes to develop policy recommendations, conduct analyses, and seek stakeholder input in areas of Health Financing and Community Health- Collaborate with other CHAI teams to provide strategic and analytical support on cross-cutting projects.- Develop and maintain cordial and productive work relationships with government and partner officials.- Other responsibilities as needed.