Click column header to sort
- Collaborate with CHAI Zimbabwe teams, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the MoHCC and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal- Develop and support deployment of an emergency oxygen response strategy- Develop, conduct, and analyze the results of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen M&E, procurement, supply chain and equipment maintenance processes and mechanisms- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise- Envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance- Analyze and draw conclusions from data, to develop and deliver influential presentations (verbal, power point, other)- Provide regular reports on progress to the Manager and the Senior Technical Advisor, and perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Serve as a thought leader, manage, and implement analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, interventions, and surveillance, as requiredSurveillance support (45%)- Manage surveillance activities in the region, in coordination with the CHAI malaria health informatics team and with support from their manager- Support development and review of national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and training materials for malaria surveillance activities- Measure performance and determinants of malaria surveillance systems and provide prioritized recommendations to address key gaps- Support development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards- Support integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health systemAnalytical support (35%)- Manage and coordinate analytical projects across different technical teams related to malaria epidemiology (e.g., drivers of transmission), targeting and evaluation of interventions (e.g., Indoor- Residual Spraying, Insecticide-Treated Net distributions, health worker allocations), and surveillance (e.g., data quality audits)- Provide high-quality analytical support to CHAI regional and country teams, government staff, and relevant partners, through the planning, implementation, and presentation of highly complex analyses- Clean, organize, and merge available datasets and assess their quality and suitability for analysis- Conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions, and other relevant methods)- Translate analytical results to national and sub-national government partners, ensure data are used to inform strategic decisions, and influence program strategy- Provide mentorship and review for team members conducting and synthesizing analytical workProgrammatic support (20%)- Perform scientific literature review on relevant topics as needed (e.g., surveillance methods, drivers of malaria transmission, intervention effectiveness)- Formulate and deliver national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g., data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening- Develop and implement M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions, and surveillance systems- Ensure sustainability and country ownership of malaria surveillance and analytics activities by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across government programs, non-governmental organizations, and local academic institutions, with support from program managers- Indirectly manage other team members in the region and support trainings for regional and country team members on surveillance, analytics, and M&E activities- Synthesize results and communicate them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings within the region, and develop and document dissemination materials from these meetings- Any other tasks identified
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders to address the system planning, technology selection, specification requirements, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs on the use of equipment and devices including, maintenance.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide similar advice to Ministries of Health.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, and conducting research.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to broader team.- Other responsibilities as requested.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the Program Manager, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Develop an understanding of global market dynamics and market shaping priorities to strengthen supply security and affordability of current and future priority vaccines- Generate analyses that strengthen the business case for vaccine affordability and availability (e.g., demand forecasts, uptake models and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies)- Support the design and implementation of supplier engagement strategies- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners, donors and vaccine manufacturers- Co-lead and PMO the MIC working group under the umbrella of the WHO Immunization Agenda 2030 to advance access to immunization in Gavi-transitioning and Gavi-graduated countries and work with global and regional stakeholders to improve support to middle-income countries- Contribute to the development of market intelligence on middle-income markets and its dissemination to global health partners, investors and vaccine manufacturers- Contribute to local vaccine manufacturing and procurement efforts by providing analyses, sharing insight and technical know-how into various efforts (e.g., PAVM), incl. bilateral supplier engagements- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Creatively scope and initiate projects that could contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries- Support the development of concept notes and new projects- Any other duties as required- 25-30% international travel time would be required once situation allows
- Support CHAI focal countries to adopt and integrate new and existing HIVST products into national HTS programs- Monitor HIV rapid diagnostic market, including generating uptake and demand forecasts, conducting research on suppliers, and tracking data on funders’ procurement plans and overall HTS strategy- Collect and collate country-level data on uptake of rapid HIV diagnostics, including procurement volumes, scale-up plans, and consumption rates- Support the Senior Manager with quantitative and qualitative analyses of market intelligence data to inform the development and implementation of supply side interventions- Develop presentations and strategy documents for/to internal and external audiences that clearly articulate and advance CHAI’s HIVST supply side strategy- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in rapid diagnostic products- Develop and execute quantitative and qualitative analyses around major HIVST programmatic questions in focal countries, with support and supervision from the Senior Program Manager- Support workplanning and tracking of country activities in line with grant deliverables, including support to monthly and annual grant reporting- Provide technical support to HTS team, CHAI country teams, Ministries of Health, donors, and multilateral partners in development and implementation of evidence-based HIVST strategies- Provide additional support to country teams and grant activities as identified with the Senior Program Manager
Strategy development and planning:- In collaboration with team leadership, develop and refine the STRIDE grant’s KM strategy, learning agenda, and operational priorities.- Develop a plan to capture, analyze, document, and disseminate evidence from learning agenda. This will include refining the KM strategy throughout the course of the grant.- Work closely with country and global teams to ensure inclusion of learning agenda-related activities in annual workplans and appropriate resource allocation.- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with other relevant organizations, donors, governments, etc. for joint development of learning products (where appropriate) and dissemination activities.Knowledge generation:- Work closely with global and country teams to lead and coordinate documentation and dissemination of grant-related outcomes, processes, approaches, and innovations as part of operationalizing the KM strategy and learning agenda.- Write, edit, and review learning and communication products including but not limited to program, policy, and technical briefs; conference abstracts and presentations; peer-reviewed journal articles and other publications; conceptualize and develop infographics and other visual aids as needed.- Work closely with global and country teams to refine existing measurement and evaluation systems and dashboards to ensure they support continuous learning cycles and adaptive management and provide the content needed for development of learning products.- Provide oversight on the strategic scheduling, flow, content, and quality of learning and communication materials, establishing a process to manage grant learning and communication assets.- Prompt, facilitate, and document pause and reflect learning sessions after all significant events and processes (meetings, brainstorming sessions, etc.).Knowledge storing and sharing:- Establish internal systems and processes to capture, store, and easily retrieve generated knowledge and communication products (e.g., best practices, manuals, tools, guidelines, policies, and strategies).- Strengthen use of Box as the repository for project, learning, and communication documents; facilitate awareness and use of these materials within and across CHAI teams.- Capture and distill insights on implementation of KM systems and processes to improve impact and practice of KM materials and systems.- Ensure development and delivery of high-quality, participatory knowledge/learning exchange events (e.g., webinars, conference sessions, and other events) to internal and external audiences and stakeholders.Capacity building:- Lead the development of tools, processes, and skills to enhance capacity for ongoing KM efforts within CHAI teams.- Support the development and implementation of approaches led by country teams to build the KM capacity of government partners.- Coach individuals and teams on the use of KM processes and tools.- Continually build own KM and learning capacity and skills.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support the NDoH in all areas of national AHD efforts, including planning and implementation.- Develop thorough understanding of the healthcare, pharmaceutical and diagnostic landscape related to the medicines and equipment portfolio within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges, and gaps in order to inform program development.- Oversee the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear, prioritised activity plans and being able to report on the progress of executing these.- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with the NDoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Oversee analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to inform recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of products and/or services.- Oversee quantification, costing, implementation and monitoring of detailed national commodity and equipment procurement optimization, introduction and scale up plans.- Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.- Develop and maintain program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Oversee the development and input provided to relevant technical documents including health services provider training curricula, standard operating procedures, and service delivery guidelines to support the program scale up.- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to DoH on prioritization of initiatives.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Support the Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Provide overall technical expertise in diagnostic related areas and support diagnostics related projects.- Support government partners in all aspects of the access strategy, planning, and implementation, including analysis, policy, and guideline development and review by engaging with Client/s and other CHAI teams on related program initiatives, as it relates to the implementation of operational plans.- Conceptualize and take ownership of required analytical evaluations required to inform policy and programmatic decision-making.- Support development and integration of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to clients and other partners, and donors.- Participate in the working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to medicines.- Partner with the Program Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance, and support the manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements as needed.- Perform financial/economic analysis of key health systems investments and interventions related to diagnostic services.- Develop a thorough understanding of the healthcare and diagnostic landscape related to the medicines and equipment portfolio within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges, and gaps in order to inform program development.- Conduct analyses of the policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and provide the support required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and services.- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to DoH/NHLS on the prioritization of initiatives.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH/NHLS, suppliers, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.- Lead communication and alignment activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities.- Compile, synthesize, and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports, and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.- Support the analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to inform recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services.- Conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.- Developing and maintaining program databases and dashboards (through Excel and Tableau) for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, and training materials.- Produce compelling presentations and reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution.- Support the Pediatric HIV Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Support the roll-out of a provincial electronic patient information system, including the development of materials, training, and M&E.- Support the Approved Post List (APL) and Budget Management Instrument (BMI) project in Mpumalanga and Free State with the potential to roll out to more provinces.- Conduct analysis and assist with implementation of multiple financial efficiency interventions across the public health system.- Support the Associates on the team with data preparation, analysis, and presentations.- Additional responsibilities, as requested by the SHF Program Manager.