Click column header to sort
Program Management- Lead Country Support team to oversee and ensure successful execution of CHAI’s HIV and grant priorities across high-burden HIV countries and regions. The Country Support team works with CHAI country teams to provide end-to-end technical assistance to governments through a blend of advocacy, relationship building, and strategic resource development.- Engage with country leadership to garner buy-in on program objectives, solicit their support for problem resolution, and ensure HIV treatment optimization projects are prioritized.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV and other HIV commodity access topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve as required.- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on HIV projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Promote global supply security and uninterrupted access to ARVs through coordination with CHAI’s HIV Market Intelligence team, the ARV Procurement Working Group, and supporting effective national-level monitoring and responding to supply challenges as they arise.- Support the adaptation of both CHAI’s work and national HIV programs to respond to the current global COVID-19 pandemic and support efforts to build more resilient national HIV programs.Team Management- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Strategy Development- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s demand-side HIV treatment optimization strategy – including market entry strategy and scale-up strategies for adult and pediatric HIV treatment commodities – in collaboration with the Senior Director, HAP.- Contribute to development of CHAI’s overall HIV strategy, including development of goals, strategies, and resource mobilization.- Collaborate in shaping CHAI’s ARV Strategy, with a focus on ensuring appropriate prioritization of the product pipeline and activities based on the needs of PLHIV and national governments.- Participate in the development and execution of innovative market shaping and market access strategies, such as catalytic procurement initiatives and related operational research, volume guarantees, and development partnerships.- Engage with donors and collaborate with the Senior Director to develop innovative ideas and write grant proposals to strengthen HIV treatment programs.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s HIV treatment agenda.Global Stakeholder Engagement- Manage and build relationships with various external stakeholders, including UN organizations, donors, implementing partners, community partners, technical partners, and suppliers.- Develop partner engagement strategy, and oversee partner engagement by Country Support team members.- Represent CHAI in international fora to guide product development priorities, global guidance, and coordination to accelerate the development and increase uptake of optimal new treatment products, such as the Global Accelerator for Paediatric Formulations (Gap-F), the Child Survival Working Group, FP 2020, etc.
- Drive CHAI’s relationship and positioning with Ministry of Health to provide transformative support for health information utilization and systems through a Health Information program- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within programs by supporting, motivating uptake, and providing technical support to MoH and CHAI teams to define information needs, ensure regular access and uptake of core data, and conduct necessary analyses to improve public health outcomes- Manage a small team on a variety of projects to improve data availability, quality, and utilization, including the implementation of the Common Geo-Registry (CGR) platform and supporting governance structures for geospatial data management across the Ministry of Health- Ensure appropriate systems design and technological maintenance of health information technologies including modifications to DHIS2 and software integrations between the national eLMIS (mSupply) and DHIS2, as well as between the CGR and DHIS2- Identify and address health information and systems capacity building needs, ensuring skills transfer and government ownership in all projects- Manage project workplans and budget(s) and ensure MoH and donor reporting requirements are satisfied on time and of a high quality- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and reports, and initiation of new projects for health information in Lao PDR - Any other tasks as requested by the country leadership team
- Support IDSP in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for surveillance activities.- Support the department in development, implementation, and management of COVID-19 management strategies and optimal use of its existing networks, both within and outside the state, for close monitoring of the pandemic trajectory.- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the IDSP department, the extensive network of labs, and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.- Support the department in streamlining their MIS systems through the improvement of data collection and coordination at the district level via healthcare workers, Medical Officers and Identified Labs and in subsequent analysis at the state level.- Build database with the goal of better collation, management, and analysis of the available information and work towards integrating/reconciling it with parallel databases that can facilitate improved surveillance.- Support IDSP in development and enhancement of training modules for human resource development especially at the decentralized level.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.- Support the Program Manager in designing strategies for effectively leveraging private sector data and experience for enhanced monitoring and tracking.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
The Program Manager (PM) will lead efforts to deliver the objectives of the paediatric cancer program, under the guidance and direction of the Senior Program Manager (SPM) and or Program Director (PD) and direct reporting to the SPM. He/She will provide both strategic and technical direction for the program, overseeing its development and assuming responsibility for high quality delivery. PM will maintain the relationship and communication with key stakeholders, including hospital centers, NCD of MoH, provincial & district health offices, paediatrics collegium/expert panels, paediatric cancer foundations, along with relevant Program Officers (POs). In coordination with SPM and or PD, PM will also work closely with relevant CHAI’s Global team, other CHAI Country PMs, other international partners, and other national stakeholders. - Develop and carry out scoping for Paediatric Cancer program, analyze the existing problems in clinical management guidelines, availability of key medicines for pediatric cancers, identify supply chain problems and propose some feasible alternatives/solutions- Support CHAI global cancer team to manage the development and maintenance of database, analyses, and framework to assist in monitoring the global cancer market and identifying solutions to improve access to cancer medicines.- Work with CHAI global cancer team to assess market challenges, analyse market outlook, and production economic across cancer medicine products, and to evaluate potiential market shaping intervention or other potential methodologies.- Develop and maintain strong engagement and open communication channel with key stakeholders on paediatric cancer, including hospital center leaders, paediatrics collegium, NCD on MoH, provincial & district health offices, supply chain/pharmacy units, etc.- Organize and manage technical implementation of CHAI Indonesia paediatric cancer program to achieve targets.- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the paediatric cancer program operation, finance and oversee project performance against work plans and budget.- Oversee the implementation of the paediatric cancer program work plans including planning, budgeting, forecasting, identify key barriers and problem solving, monitoring and reporting, and prioritization of workplan.- Provide strategic orientations for future program development in relevant to expansion of paediatric cancer program in Indonesia and inform new funding opportunities to SPM/PD/DCD/CD.- Work closely with the SPM, Data Officers and other related POs to ensure timely delivery on project activities that involve partner organizations.- Build and manage the team on a day-to-day basis, supporting staff to ensure optimal delivery, to provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance to hospital centers.- Promote effective communication to ensure well-coordinated work streams and other CHAI Indonesia programs.- Monitor the progress to ensure objectives are met, support team with training and development activities, and provide regular update.- Ensure effective communication with the Data Officer, related PO, SPM, PD and or Deputy Country Director(DCD)/Country Director (CD), global team and other PMs through regular daily/weekly/monthly meeting.- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at national and sub-national forums.- Play a major role in writing programmatic reports and engaging with other partners including the IDAI or expert panel.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Cancer Team to enlist support, capture and disseminate emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards in closed coordination with SPM and PD.- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Take responsibility for effective documentation and file management within the programs.- Hold the team accountable to CHAI policies, procedures and guidelines, as appropriate and with the program teams, to enhance the smooth running of the programs through standardized procedures and improved support. This may include finance and governance procedures, staff management, fleet management and IT security and infrastructure.- Address team safety and security matters in collaboration with Safety Point Persons (SPP).- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Program Manager, Program Director and or Deputy Country Director/Country Director.
- To assist in assessment of cold chain capacity, and identifying potential cold chain solutions to ensure sufficient storage capacity for all vaccine types; support in development cold chain roadmap planning and improve cold chain equipment standardization- Support EPI with systems strengthening to identify temperature excursions, prevent vaccine freezing during transport, including piloting interventions, developing relevant guidelines, trainings, and SOPs, evaluating implementation and adherence, and coordinating with relevant government stakeholders.- Work with EPI to design and implement interventions for cold chain data visibility and review of cold chain status including improving visibility of temperature monitoring system, cold chain performance data and institutionalizing regular reporting and review of key cold chain performance indicators.- Support EPI to identify, develop, costed cold chain plan and operationalize cold chain equipment maintenance strategies/models to ensure vaccines are stored in functional refrigerators at all sites. This will include working to ensure the availability of necessary inputs (including qualified technicians, spare parts sufficiency, financial, and capital resources) through the development of process improvements and improved input management systems.- Contribute to the development of innovative approaches as well as the documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and efforts;- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact and document lessons learned.- Work closely and collaboratively with other CHAI vaccine team members to identify linkages and suggest approaches through systems strengthening work to support other immunization program deliverables- Prepare high quality reports, templates, SOPs, TORs, analyses, PowerPoint presentations as related to the above responsibilities - Other duties that arise as deemed appropriate by the Program Manager, Program Director and Country Director.
- Support design of monitoring and evaluation systems and/or assessment tools, and transpose program learnings into actionable scale-up plans - Conduct literature/desk reviews and synthesis of key data from early adopter research- Assist country teams in the development of assessment tools, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data - Design electronic data collection systems and support CHAI country teams in collecting and managing data- Carry out research, analyses, and quantitative models and translate their results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations- Build the capacity of country teams to analyze and use data generated from the program activities, including data management best practices through training and mentoring- Serve as a key technical advisor to CHAI country teams on the evaluation and operational research studies of new diagnostic products;- Develop and/or maintain data dashboards for program monitoring- Support evaluation, documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned from CHAI's work- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing. - Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows- Other responsibilities as needed
- Lead, under the guidance of the senior leadership, the process of strategy formulation and executing program deliverables timely and effectively.- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the state and national level HCV stakeholders.- Align program strategy and deliverable to state and national level government priorities for HCV.- Establish evidence-based strategies and analytical approaches for supporting national and state level HCV programs in improving access and program performance.- Work closely with the existing and upcoming public HCV programs to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, active case finding, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.- Engage with local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations.- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities.- Responsible for determining annual budget and allocation for programmatic activities, and monitoring budget utilization.- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames.- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements proactively by working with cross-cultural teams.- Recruit, lead, and mentor a high calibre cross-functional team by establishing program/individual goals and creating professional growth opportunities for team members.- Travel on short notice to focus states.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Perform administrative duties as needed for CHAI including answering phones, running errands, maintaining office supplies, scanning, copying and filing documents, writing invitation letters, etc.- Support processing for work permit, visa letter, and related documents for international staff- Collect vendor quotations for low-value procurements- Book and arrange hotel, transport, flights, meeting room, etc.- Conduct anti-terrorist and watchlist screenings of all vendors- Create, and submit financial requests and reconciliations for Operations Team Expenses- Assist translation in Lao and English- Serve as an assistant to the program staff- Other relevant and related tasks and duties as assigned
Operational Planning- Provide support to CNM on resource mobilization, planning, strengthening of coordination and communication within CNM and with partners and subnational level;- Provide management support for the development and dissemination of national and subnational-level budgets, budget revisions, and work plans for sub-recipients under CNM, simultaneously coordinate and relay work plan and budget feedback from CHAI program and subnational teams;- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E unit to support the implementation of the GFATM RAI3E grant in full compliance with PR-UNOPS guidelines for maximum absorption of GFATM-awarded resources;- Coordinate closely with CHAI colleagues to ensure comprehensive and seamless program and financial management support to CNM.Grant Management- Assist CNM on initiating and modification the grant implementation policy dialogue with PR-UNOPS and to troubleshoot as necessary to facilitate full-scale implementation;- Reinforce and expand programmatic reporting and activity tracking tools and processes at central and subnational levels, further the capacity of government staff to conduct tracking on a regular basis;- Facilitate the implementation of CHAI’s Program Management TA Grant to CNM, track position-relevant deliverables and support bi-annual reporting processes;- Work with CNM technical bureau to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building excel-based budget models;- Support Cambodia’s future grant applications to GFATM and/or other key donors to further support the CNM’s commitment to malaria elimination by 2025.Monitoring and Evaluation- Facilitate updates to the standard operating procedures to facilitate work planning and improved monitoring & evaluation;- Support the M&E unit with data collection and analysis for periodic programmatic reporting to UNOPS/GFATM.- Other responsibilities as needed.