Click column header to sort
Rôle et responsabilitésCHAI recherche un stagiaire qui travaillera sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet COVID-19 et renforcement du système de laboratoire. Le stagiaire apportera un appui technique à la Direction des laboratoires du ministère de la Santé et de l'Hygiène publique (MSHP) pour au moins un des 3 sujets suivants:- Réviser les normes sur les tests essentiels pour les établissements de soins de santé primaire, par type de structures sanitaires ; - Développer et tester un système intégré de gestion des stocks de réactifs et consommables de laboratoire ;- Développer le paquet de formation sur la gestion intégrée des stocks; De plus, le stagiaire devra aider à : - Rédiger des rapports sur l'évolution des activités ;- Assister le coordinateur du projet dans le développement de futurs projets de renforcement du système de laboratoire, si nécessaire ; - Autres tâches potentielles assignées par le superviseur.Pour mener à bien ses missions, le stagiaire sera basé à Ouagadougou et interagira sous la supervision du coordinateur du projet avec certaines structures du MSHP telles que la Direction Générale de l'Approvisionnement Pharmaceutique (DGAP), la Direction des Laboratoires Biomédicaux (DLBM), les directions régionales de la santé, les districts sanitaires et les prestataires des formations sanitaires périphériques. Le stage est d'une durée de 3 à 6 mois. Role and ResponsibilitiesCHAI is seeking a volunteer to work under the supervision of the COVID-19 and Laboratory System Strengthening Project Coordinator. The volunteer will provide technical support to the Laboratory Directorate of the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene (MSHP), for at least one of the following 3 topics:- Revise standards on essential tests for primary health care facilities by type of health facility; - Develop and test an integrated inventory management system for laboratory reagents and consumables;- Develop the integrated inventory management training package;In addition, the intern will assist in:- Write reports on the progress of activities- Assist the project coordinator in the development of future projects to strengthen the laboratory system, if necessary; - Other potential tasks as assigned by the supervisor.To complete his/her responsibilities, the volunteer will be based in Ouagadougou and will interact under the supervision of the Project Coordinator with some MSHP structures such as the Directorate General of Pharmaceutical Supply (DGAP), the Directorate of Biomedical Laboratories (DLBM), the regional health directorates, the health districts and the providers at peripheral health facilities. The volunteer position is between 3-6 months.
- Safety and Security (60%)- Manage the safety and security team in their day-to-day responsibilities, provide mentorship, and support staff’s long-term professional development- Ensure CHAI’s global duty of care policies are effective, comprehensive, and coordinated across the organization’s leadership, country and program teams, and CHAI’s central support functions - Travel security management across global operations including corporate travel management, tracking, and policy implementation, security briefings for high-risk country visits, and emergency travel support to staff and consultants- Expert advisor to country and senior leadership on security management best practices, crisis management, and incident response, identifying company risks, and building resiliency, with an increased focus on high-risk environments- Lead CHAI’s Crisis Management Team, ensuring clear communication lines, clarity of roles and procedures, and liaison with external security providers during critical incidents impacting staff or country operations- Oversee the development, implementation, and knowledge management of global security policies and standards with an increased focus on training support for staff, including HEAT, Security Awareness, and Psychological First Aid- Work closely with colleagues in the Global S&S Department to staff the S&S Duty phone and respond to incidents, including during weekend and evening hours- Oversee the Safety & Security Department’s relationship with Safety Point People in-country members of CHAI leadership- Oversee the Safety & Security Department’s work with country and global team colleagues to monitor and improve compliance with S&S global policies and guidelines - Global Operations (40%)- Lead budgetary development and financial oversight for global safety and security budget - Support CHAI country start-up and scale-down operational activities, ensuring that all necessary stakeholders are effectively coordinated, and compliance requirements are met- Oversight and relationship management with insurance brokers, medical and security assistance providers, and travel management, including reviewing and leading RFP processes - Working across diverse stakeholders at CHAI, including country, program, support, and leadership, deliver diverse global operations support to work streams strategically and sensitively as needed - Participate in CHAI’s Operations Leadership Team (OLT) meetings as needed
- Participate in the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies and managing their execution.- Coordinate local ethical clearance and government approval processes and ensure compliance with all local research requirements and regulations- Obtain written government, partner, and site approval for access to individual data sets and their usage- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders of AMBIT and Retain 6.- Take ownership in critical scientific thinking and development of key work streams - Assess and monitor progress against overall objectives and milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors, MoH and key stakeholders, including achievements to date, action plans etc.- Develop and coordinate input for concept notes, abstracts, research articles, publications etc.- Lead data collection and data team management including:- Developing data collection SOPs, and monitoring tools for data collection teams- Participating in the training of data collection teams and ensuring that all staff have ethics training and are compliant with CHAI rules and regulations- Supervising data collection teams and quality assurance- Prepare final data sets for transfer to overall AMBIT & Retain 6 data teams- Participate in data analysis and abstract/manuscript writing in collaboration with the team at HE2RO and Boston University- Co-author reports, abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts- Participate in stakeholder DSD meetings and represent the two projects to the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, funders, and other stakeholders- Support, coach, and mentor project team members- Ensure all deliverables on allocated studies and those of any direct reports are met on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations.- Perform other study-related tasks as requested by AMBIT/Retain 6 leadership in agreement with CHAI leadership.- Travel to study sites and to meetings and conferences within and outside Zambia as needed.- Perform other roles as assigned
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the HIV/AIDS landscape, health systems, priorities, and gaps both in Zambia and globally to identify strategic opportunities for program growth to achieve CHAI's overall objectivesProvide support to accelerate the introduction and uptake of optimal commodities for HIV - Support the roll out of new product formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks.- Support the team in assessing opportunities for optimization of national HIV treatment guidelines- Provide technical assistance to service delivery points through the Ministry of Health to identify and overcome barriers to access high quality, low cost ARVs and other essential medicines- Participate in the development of tools to assist MOH in validating, rationalizing and making efficient use of data from facilities- Complete analysis on the uptake of new formulations and develop interventions to overcome identified bottlenecks- Participation and advocacy in quarterly and annual forecasting & quantification meetings- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, implementing partners and NGOs to ensure ensure coordination of resources and efforts- Execute day-to-day activities to ensure that the team can deliver on all program objectives in a timely manner.- Support the team to meet all internal reporting requirements
Scoping and Strategic Leadership (20%)- Lead scoping activities on digital transformation for public health in Burkina Faso. Work closely with CHAI teams, governments, and external organizations to identify and document challenges, use cases, and existing efforts around digital health strategies, foundational systems and applications, standards and policies, infrastructure, and workforce strengthening.- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the MOH, being a day-to-day strategic and operational partner for them, and working with them on a more coordinated and effective digital health environment.- Refine, document, and guide CHAI’s approach to working with governments on digital transformation- Support the development of Burkina strategies, roadmaps, and costed workplans for digital health. Work with CHAI teams and governments to cost strategies, identify and prioritize resource gaps, and develop new funding proposals with and for national governments.Implementation and maintenance of digital solutions (50%)- Scope and advise on systems and processes for device management, user support, geo-registries, and other foundational systems for health programs.- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with government programs, end users and CHAI staff, co-designing solutions with users where applicable.- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met.- Work with MOH on operational, technical, and financial sustainability of all systems from the beginning, ensuring a strong transition and institutionalization of systems.- Support technical set up and configuration, user testing, training, supervision, monitoring, issue escalation, and transition of systems.- Develop manuals, SOPs, and training materials to support implementation; help train country and MOH program staff in the use of information technology.- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within MOHs by supporting CHAI country teams to monitor and strengthen the quality of data inputs, refine analytical outputs, and develop context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by MOH programs.Technical Support (20%)- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based). Update and thoroughly test tool set ups, including updates to users, organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users.- Provide ad-hoc support to teams, particularly with data management and visualization.Knowledge Management (10%)- Ensure up-to-date documentation is in place to support roll out and maintenance of digital products.- Develop resources, guidelines, and other material to guide and share lessons across teams.- Document lessons learned on technical products for CHAI-wide or global sharing.
- Lead the project management of our AT program, including regular review of workplans, reporting on results and progress, planning and coordinating of project team meetings, and monitoring of program financials.- Facilitate knowledge-sharing between team members and with external experts. Develop online toolkits with relevant resources and information to support program implementation.- Lead the development of case studies about our work that document new learnings and insights. This may include academic publications.- Develop, maintain, and update an overview of expert advisors and supportive resources that are relevant to the program.- Work with the communications team to create content and support dissemination.- Support the development, implementation, and revision of our strategy.- Conduct high quality desktop research and analysis on our interventions and keep track of latest learnings and developments at the global and country-level.- Assist county teams with the review of program documents, facilitating connections with experts and technical documents, analytical support and government engagements. - Help organize relevant in-person meetings.- Prepare materials to present the findings, written report and PowerPoint, with internal and external stakeholders, including donors; update based on their feedback and input.- This role requires taking initiative to identify new opportunities and take on other responsibilities as needed and as requested by line manager.
- Strengthen the capacity of regional MoH to select and implement interventions aimed towards achieving malaria elimination. - Coordinate with local health partners, local authorities, and the CHAI Honduras team the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of foci micro plans, including:- Development of monthly operational plans with Foci Management Teams (FMTs)- On-the-job training and mentorship of FMTs- Measuring micro plan implementation progress- Evaluating the impact of interventions on malaria transmission in specific foci.- Design training plans and support the development of associated training materials to build Ministry of Health staff and community health workers’ capacity to execute malaria interventions effectively.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities.- Work in collaboration with the local level to support the use of the malaria module and other electronic surveillance systems for malaria.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the malaria elimination strategy and work with the regional and national health authorities and partner organizations to develop and implement solutions to address bottlenecks.- Explore the utilization of new tools and interventions to eliminate malaria and develop operational plans and other materials to support the implementation of these tools.- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health and partner organizations to design and implement epidemiological and entomological studies according to the research protocols.- Support local-level Ministry of Health staff with regular site visits to community health workers and health facilities in Gracias a Dios.- Work closely with the Program Manager, the Research Associate, the Vector Control Associate, and CHAI´s regional technical advisors to design and implements data-driven actions.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed.- Serve as a trusted adviser for the national and regional Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in meetings with partner organizations and Ministry of Health officials as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with national and regional health staff involved in malaria elimination.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Lead on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production and use of oxygen related equipment, services and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders through equipment management life cycle including but not limited to system planning, technology selection, specification development, safety and operational risk assessments, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Provide responses to technical inquiries on oxygen commodities from key internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in the development of SOPs to guide the optimal installation, testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of equipment.- Uphold organizational quality assurance requirements and support quality review in the procurement of goods and services, and support CHAI teams to provide technical advisory and evidence-based recommendations to Ministries of Health to inform oxygen system investments.- Research and review technical dossiers of component suppliers and original equipment manufacturers.- Assist with market landscaping through market analysis, collating market intelligence, conducting industry research, and synthesizing findings to guide strategic decisions.- Stay informed on emerging technology and research developments in the field, both nationally and internationally, and disseminate this information to a broader team.- Develop knowledge documentations (Thought pieces, Toolkits, FAQs, lessons learned), and facilitate forums to ensure it is effectively disseminated and used across CHAI country programs and global oxygen community.- Supporting the development of tools for equipment monitoring and asset management- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Acts as the primary liaison with all global operations teams.- Shares responsibilities with Regional Safety and Security Managers for incident response management across all CHAI teams, with specific responsibilities for global teams.- Identifies, trains, and manages S&S liaisons on each global and operations team.- Provides operational support to the S&S Department, including the day-to-day work planning and execution of team strategies.- Works closely with Regional Safety and Security Managers and Liaisons to ensure that all department delivery deadlines are met.- Develops and coordinates accurate reporting to be shared as needed with a variety of audiences, including CHAI leadership.- Manages and tracks incidents and develops all incident reports for CHAI leadership.- Leads S&S-related training for individual travelers and new hires, including sharing all available internal and external resources.- Develops and formalizes S&S training across the global Safety and Security Department.- Maintains and routinely updates S&S Portal Page.- Assist the Senior Manager in planning of S&S department team building meeting as required- Conduct country visits with liaison with the Regional Managers as required to learn about the S&S challenges and operations
Leading Investigations- Serve as investigation manager for internal investigations, including assigning investigation teams, writing and reviewing TORs, interview documentation, outcome reports, and sharing recommendations with CHAI leaders; assist external investigations as needed, by providing counsel with relevant information and acting as a CHAI liaison.- Provide professional expertise to CHAI’s team of internal investigators, Global HR, Safety & Security, impacted staff and managers, and to CHAI’s senior leadership, while maintaining strict confidentiality- Liaise with legal counsel to evaluate and advise CHAI leadership and Global HR on country-specific investigation requirements, processes, and risk mitigation- Support CHAI’s complaint response mechanisms, including monitoring a third-party whistleblower hotline and responding to open complaints- Maintain CHAI’s investigations procedures, and engage with counsel to routinely assess and update procedures as necessary to adhere to legal compliance Training and Development- Own and update CHAI’s existing safeguarding and respectful workplace-related training content (online and in-person materials) and develop new training materials- Organize and conduct Focal Point Trainings for all new Focal Points (FPs), and make recommendations for new FPs in line with the diversity of CHAI’s global community- Build and promote additional safeguarding capacity across human resources (global and country) by sharing resources and training on conducting investigations and international best practices, such as managing gender issues in the workplace- Support program and country teams to incorporate safeguarding protocols, risk assessments and mitigation plans into their programmatic activities- Collaborate with external consultants to develop additional safeguarding resources as needed Monitoring and Evaluation- Maintain Global HR’s safeguarding tracker, outlining the status of complaints received, and lead weekly safeguarding meetings- Develop a safeguarding risk matrix to help identify and proactively manage current and emerging safeguarding risks- Prepare and distribute quarterly safeguarding summary reporting to CHAI leadership- In partnership with Global Operations & Contracts, provide quality and timely responses to donor assessments and review grant proposals to ensure alignment on safeguarding reporting- Develop M&E measures to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed CHAI-wide Strengthening Policies & Knowledge Management- Provide guidance to CHAI leadership on navigating highly sensitive situations, including supporting leadership when reporting safeguarding concerns to relevant parties- Promote knowledge sharing, documentation, and dissemination to all CHAI staff of existing safeguarding materials and best practices- Research and develop new tools and resources to support survivors of sexual abuse, harassment, and exploitation, including survivors of gender-based violence- Continually assess CHAI’s safeguarding program and identify gaps in knowledge and recommend appropriate enhancements- Additional Tasks- Act as a Focal Point and member of CHAI’s Safeguarding Committee- Support CHAI’s background check rollout- Other duties and projects, as assigned