Click column header to sort
- Oversee all front desk activities; welcome and direct visitors to CHAI’s Boston office- Provide professional oral and written communications to internal and external stakeholders; respond promptly to general email inquiries- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and monitor CHAI’s voicemail daily- Coordinate all domestic and international mail, package and shipping activities; receive, sort and distribute all mail and packages to various Boston-based staff- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events- Perform basic facilities management functions, including but not limited to regular monitoring of office equipment and replenishment of office supplies- Maintain directories and seating charts for Boston-based staff and all vendor contacts- Assist in preparing Boston office service related invoices for payment- Assist the other Boston departments in the completion of daily processing tasks and special projects- Other administrative functions as required
- Serving as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and regional technical leads, and national malaria programs, on issues related to malaria entomology;- Developing and leading the execution of CHAI’s entomological strategy;- Working through CHAI country teams to support malaria programs with developing their entomological strategies, including understanding key programmatic questions, consideration (and deployment, when relevant) of new approaches, data collection oriented to answering programmatic questions, and making vector control decisions based on entomological data;- Answering questions from CHAI teams and malaria programs related to the bionomics of key malaria vectors across Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and Mesoamerica;- Staying abreast of WHO technical guidelines and the latest scientific advances regarding malaria entomology, and translating scientific evidence into country programmatic decisions, standard operating procedures, data collection forms, manuals, and guidelines;- Understanding novel and traditional malaria vector control tools, and advising on the entomological data that would support introducing and monitoring these tools;- Supporting CHAI country teams and government programs to implement strong systems for vector control insecticide resistance monitoring;- Identifying key impediments to achieving entomological programmatic goals and helping devise targeted solutions to them;- Providing technical support for conducting programmatic entomological activities of malaria vectors including, but not limited to, capturing vector species, biting and resting behavior, oviposition, breeding dynamics, and susceptibility to insecticides;- Providing technical and operational support for the implementation of entomological and vector control studies including, but not limited to, guidance on best practices for collecting larval and adult vectors, preserving and transporting samples, selecting survey or sentinel sites, evaluating the quality of indoor residual spraying, measuring the residual efficacy of insecticides, and the timing of such studies;- Participating in the analysis and interpretation of entomological data collected routinely or during entomological surveys;- Supporting strong entomological data management, including integration of entomological data into malaria information systems and deployment of digital tools as appropriate;- Developing malaria program budgets for entomological infrastructure and surveillance activities;- Synthesizing results in slide decks and reporting and communicating them within CHAI;- Leading trainings for CHAI teams and country programs on entomology best practices and new information;- Representing CHAI at external technical meetings, acting as the face of our organization to academic/technical partners, including via the dissemination of findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across governmental, non-governmental, public health, and academic organizations;- Working with CHAI's technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to develop and implement coordinated program support; and- Any other tasks identified.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations- Prepare monthly preliminary and final financial statements for country teams- Intercompany reconciliations- Analyze monthly variances to budget- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports- Assist in the monthly close process- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and compliance- Review monthly cash reports from country teams for accuracy and compliance with accounting principles- Reconciliation of monthly bank activity for country teams- Preparation of journal entries- Review the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts- Monitor the financial activity on assigned programs and prepares expenditure reports for program managers as needed- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements that relate to various fund types and account groups- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and internal HR departments.- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team colleagues to identify best sourcing for each position- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques- Manage applicant/staff information and status in the applicant tracking database; ensuring the highest integrity of data.- Provide timely and consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the recruitment status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process. - Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment; proactively manage internal referrals.- Manage internal candidate placements.- Contribute to outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes.- Collaborate with HR partners on onboarding, immigration, and related issues.- Communicate CHAI’s compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate.- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined.- Provide guidance on talent acquisition best practices & policies and customize best practices to align with country context. - Work closely with members of CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Team on ad hoc recruitment projects and provide other administrative support to HR staff as needed.- Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
Working in close collaboration with the CHAI ID cluster team and MoH, the Senior Associate will: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Strengthening• Serve as a trusted technical advisor to the MoH on a range of HTS strengthening issues, enabling MoH to mobilize more resources into the HIV response and ensure effective implementation.• Work with Ministry of Health and partners to develop effective, evidence based national annual HIVST targets through creation of testing/linkage models that will evaluate the optimal mix of testing modalities. • Strengthen national planning through supporting the Ministry of Health develop an optimized national scale up plan for HIVST to select high risk populations.• Supporting MoH to translate identified HTS targets into national strategy, taking into consideration the implementation, monitoring, and financial resource requirements.• Support designing of M&E tools necessary to improve the use of data for decision making. This work will include the development of indicators and methodologies to track the uptake of HIVST and linkage to confirmatory testing and treatment or prevention services. • Strengthen the capacity of program management and coordination of efforts for effective implementation of an optimized HTS program by working with Ministry of Health and partners. Oxygen Ecosystems• Assisting the MoH in routine monitoring, review, and utilization of data for programmatic decision making.• Work with MoH and partners to map and quantify all COVID 19 commodities including Oxygen supplies based on annual national treatment targets.• Take lead in costing of commodities and supply chain plans using carefully assessed assumptions and fine-tuned models. • Strengthen national planning through supporting the MoH to routinely collect, analyze and review data on commodity consumption through participation in the supply chain core group. The Senior Associate will play a significant role in conceptualizing COVID 19 supply chain dashboards for MoH utilization to facilitate ease of data visualization and programmatic decision-making. • Support in designing of additional tools necessary to improve the use of data for decision making, including design of data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, and presentation of analyses to support decision-making for all programs in the ID Cluster.• Share global market intelligence with key supply chain decision-makers to help inform a sustainable supply of products. • Support ID cluster team to provide quantitative updates on grant performance and progress to the donor as requested.• Identify best practices and synergies across the cluster and enhance knowledge management within the cluster.• Any other duties as assigned.
- Support development of a detailed commodity introduction and scale up plan, proactively seeking input from relevant stakeholders into the plan.- Work with MOH to coordinate partners to ensure adherence to and implementation of the introduction and scale up plan.- Support development and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan for product introduction, including conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data.- Support review of national service delivery guidelines, training materials and reference manuals to integrate new FP products.- Support/coordinate provider trainings and mentorships as required by closely working with MOH and district coordinators.- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen data management and supply chain systems at national, district and facility levels.- Creatively analyze and visualize data and develop presentations, progress reports, and other knowledge products to share successes and challenges met during product introduction and scale up.- Support Family Planning commodity annual quantification exercises as needed.- Work with MOHP and other stakeholders to identify available resources, analyze funding gaps and mobilize resources to fund national plan.- Coordinate closely with MOH and partners on product introduction taskforces.- Support the Senior Program Manager in the development of work plans, reports and other program deliverables.- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Manager.
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
Programmatic Support- Lead the design and development of implementation guidelines, processes, standard operating procedures, and monitoring protocol in alignment with overall project objectives- Lead recruitment efforts at the district level and train District leads and Relationship Officers on project objectives, activities, data systems and monitoring processes- In consultation with the project lead, design and deploy strategies for achieving overall project outcomes and milestones- Support the district teams in stakeholder management, communication material design, templating project progress and learning- Undertake regular monitoring through site visits to HWCs along with District Leads, Relationship officers and healthcare workers- Oversee the selection process of Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness centres by providing technical support to district level staff through early site visits- Lead the selection and onboarding of a media agency for designing the capacity building modules for healthcare workers’ training in districts- Regularly review project management indicators to monitor the progress of the project- Support in monitoring and reporting of project milestones committed to donors- Disseminating ground level findings with stakeholders at the national level and donors through report briefs, project presentations, summarised data, and insights- Act as a thought leader to the national leadership in driving the projectTechnical Support- Lead primary level data collection for gap assessment and overseeing the adoption of risk tools by creating questionnaires, planning for timely data collection, and creating efficient frameworks- Conduct secondary research on existing guideline documents for differentiated TB care at health & wellness centres, and disseminate those findings to the district staff in a simple and concise manner- Define key indicators and data systems to monitor project progress through program management reports and dashboards- Leading the quantitative analysis of all data collected at the district level, and dissemination of those findings- Manage the project data operations, ensure timely reporting and data qualityOther responsibilities as needed
Provide strategic guidance and planning support to countries (30%)- Support country teams to develop country-level strategy and work plans in line with global CHAI strategy- Build understanding and seek input on country strategy and work streams among broader global team- Regularly review and facilitate reviews of country work plans, identify implementation barriers, develop solutions, and identify resources and next steps- Monitor country-level program progress against milestones, and work with Program Management to identify and mitigate risks to achieving program and grant goals- Support drafting of concept notes and fundraising proposals for country programs- Attend advocacy and strategy-related meetings with government stakeholders and partners where necessaryProvide technical support and bandwidth to country programs (40%)- Provide day-to-day thought partnership, technical support and bandwidth across country programs, including but not limited to policy, financing, forecasting, supply chain, service delivery, market shaping and M&E- Design and develop high quality deliverables to support implementation of country programs, including presentations and concept notes, and tools and models- Share best practices (strategies, tools and experiences) across country programs- Support alignment on priorities and activities and facilitate processes for routine progress reviews- Seek input and support from global team members to facilitate involvement of topic area experts as requiredProvide coordination support across global and country programs (15%)- Share country updates with broader global team to inform global priorities and keep team members up to date on ongoing areas for support, encouraging a positive spirit of collaboration across the program team- Share global priorities and updates with country teams and highlight relevance to country programs- Provide coordination support on cross-country/global work streams, including internal and external reporting and publicationsSupport cross-cutting global work streams, projects and communications (15%)- Actively participate in strategy planning, problem-solving discussions and review of global program outputs- Support drafting program updates, presentations, concept notes, proposals and meeting plans, as needed- Lead development or implementation of new work-streams and projects, as needed- Represent CHAI at regional strategic forums and meetings, as needed- Manage select relationships with external and internal hepatitis partnersOther responsibilities as needed