Click column header to sort
Surveillance support (50%)- Supporting integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system;- Supporting development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards;- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms, in collaboration with the health informatics malaria team at CHAI;- Developing guidelines, SOPs, and training materials for malaria surveillance activities;Analytical support (20%)- Organizing and merging available data and assessing its quality and suitability for analysis;- Conducting statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods); - Managing and coordinating analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention targeting (e.g. Indoor Residual Spraying, LLIN distribution, health worker allocations) and surveillance, as required;- Synthesizing results and communicating them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Performing scientific literature review as needed;Programmatic/operational support (30%)- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g. data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening;- Assisting with the development of operational plans and accompanying manuals and guidelines to support malaria case detection, case management and vector control activities; - Developing and implementing M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making;- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations, with support from program managers;- Any other tasks identified.
- Provide technical support to NIP team to improve the visibility, review, and use of critical program performance data in decision making - Develop the service dashboard to highlight and visualize critical immunization performance data- Develop and support NIP on data review mechanism through utilization of the dashboards - Ensure effective communication with NIP and partners in supporting NIP to conduct regular data review and program coordination meetingsSupport NIP in preparing for and presenting updates on program performance and coordination needs at the Quarterly NMCHC STWG meetings- Support NIP to develop a Full Portfolio Plan for 2022-2026, including conducting consultative meetings and identifying priorities- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Program Manager
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal;- Assist in deployment and analysis of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases;- Lead on the development of oxygen delivery initial setup strategy and act as a focal point to oversee a smooth setup process at the point of care;- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain and equipment maintenance, including the development of an asset tracking system and building-related procedures, job aids, and training materials;- Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to conduct the training on tracking and inventory management for device maintenance and repairs purposes;- Lead commodities quantification, oversee procurement and advise on the (re)allocation of commodities supports;- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise;- With assistance from the Oxygen Team, envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance;- Other relevant tasks as requested.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of in-country work to improve immunization coverage and equity in a sustainable manner- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with CHAI’s local country teams to sustainably transform service delivery in CHAI focus Projects could include:- Diagnose supply- and demand- side service delivery bottlenecks and developing strategies and interventions for improvement; re-design service delivery strategies for reaching unvaccinated children; develop robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks in which to assess impact of interventions; support governments in codifying results for advocacy to affect policy and practice changes; support governments in designing strategies for scale up - Support decision making on new vaccine introductions, robust planning and budgeting for new vaccine rollout, identifying risks to successful introductions, diagnose bottlenecks and designing bottleneck mitigation strategies pre- and post-introduction, identify concrete opportunities and best practices for simultaneously boosting new and routine immunization coverage- Explore and develop cross-country intiatives, for example sharing lessons and ideas between CHAI focus countries and exploring relationships/trends which inform CHAI’s work in several countries- Drive continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to service delivery across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to:- Resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, including “rule of thumb” guidance for estimating resource needs for outreaches from available data (e.g. population distance to facility), especially in instances where bottom-up estimates from facilities or communities are unavailable- Improved global policies and guidelines to ensure better coordination across EPI and MNH programs (e.g. updating of WHO’s Safe Birth Checklist to include HepB birth dose vaccination prior to mother/newborn discharge from health facility)- Technical support (tools, information and lessons learned developed across CHAI’s work) provided to country governments and partners and through global mechanisms that support service delivery and/or new vaccine interventions2) Inform national and global practices and policies related to immunization service delivery - Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to immunization service delivery and increase coverage & equity- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin etc.)and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices3) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding immunization service delivery- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in immunization service delivery to deliver against current and future goals4) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization service delivery in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Coordinate with Regional Health partners, local authorities and CHAI Honduras team to monitor and evaluate the progress of projects related to the strengthening of the Community Health Workers (CHW):- Develop the procedures for community health worker (CHW) selection based on local level needs assessment and analytical input, for appropriate targeting of CHW network expansion.- Make regular visits to Community Health Workers (CHW) to provide supervision and support, as well as identify challenges and potential bottlenecks to be addressed by CHAI team and technical partners.- Provide project management support and coordination with regional level staff for development of plan to improve impact and methodology for CHW training.- Identify operational, financial, and management issues that are hindering implementation of necessary structures for improving frequency and quality of CHW supervision.- Construct data collection system and procedures for data entry and utilization at the local level for malaria case data and monthly CHW supervision data by regional health staff.- Manage and supervise the project and logistics at the regional level.- Identify local level supply chain key bottlenecks and constraints for malaria commodities at regional level.- Attend local level meetings related to compilation of epidemiological, entomological, intervention coverage, operational and financial data for project monitoring and evaluation.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities such as indoor residual spraying (IRS), as needed.- Work in collaboration with regional level to support use of DHIS2 electronic surveillance system for malaria.- Develop implementation plan for strengthening local level epidemiological and entomological data analysis skills including improving data quality, analysis and utilization for programmatic decision-making for case management and vector control interventions.- Provide technical assistance to Regional partners in areas such as surveillance, supply chain management, vector control, and operational planning.- Provide logistical support in partnership with regional staff for implementation of CHW, EHT and regional health staff trainings.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of malaria elimination plans and work with the CHAI country malaria team and other partners to develop solutions to rapidly address those bottlenecks.- Compile inputs and draft necessary presentations/reports for internal stakeholders and donors.- Provide program and operations updates for progress reports and best practice sharing.- Serve as a trusted adviser to the regional level Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with Regional Health staff in involved in malaria elimination.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with local community authorities.- Other responsibilities as defined by the Program Manager.
- Lead development or revision of application and reporting materials and processes as required.- Lead development of evaluation criteria and processes as required.- Support due diligence efforts to vet subgrantees.- Liaise with Contracts department to draft and finalize subcontracts with subgrantees.- Liaise with B&R to process invoices for subgrantees.- Lead communications with subgrantees around contracts, invoices, and reporting.- Maintain dashboard and tracking system for proposals, contracts, invoices, and reports.- Design and produce analytics that showcase the impact of the COF on introduction of the target products.- Coordinate the external stakeholder groups responsible for reviewing and evaluating proposal opportunities. This includes setting up meetings/calls, circulating proposal documents, taking notes during stakeholder meetings, and other related activities.- Review reports from subgrantees and ensure completion of deliverables. Respond with relevant questions when needed.- Support documentation and dissemination of successes and learnings arising from the COF.- Participate in the broader efforts of the Global SRH team to serve as a resource and support to country teams across a wide range of subject areas by leading and/or supporting one or more “knowledge areas” within the team. This responsibility includes staying up to date on relevant literature, participating in relevant webinars or global fora, producing briefs or other knowledge products for sharing with the Global SRH team or country teams, and maintaining a Box folder or relevant resources.
- Establish/advance malaria vector control workstream in Nigeria, Uganda, Benin, Burkina Faso, and Democratic Republic of Congo based on recommendations from a vector control landscaping and capacity assessment that identified barriers to efficient and effective deployment of vector control interventions across the region- Serve as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and national malaria programs on issues related to vector control operations- Provide technical and operational support with implementing vector control interventions, including long-lasting insecticidal nets, larval source management, and indoor residual spraying. This includes ensuring that vector control campaigns are planned and executed well, and identifying and disseminating lessons learned after intervention roll-outs- Support country teams and national programs to translate evidence, current research, and normative guidelines on vector control and entomological investigation, monitoring, and surveillance into practical programmatic and field operations. This includes updating and reviewing for vector control technical content national strategic plans, guidelines, and policies to align with global elimination recommendations- Work in close coordination with internal analytics team to facilitate implementation of operational research projects, including conducting background research, designing surveys, writing and editing protocols, conducting data analysis, and writing reports- Support CHAI country teams with translating results of analyses to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminating findings through high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Support country teams to identify and develop solutions to key vector control challengesProactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations at the regional level- Support country teams with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to build government capacity and support effective execution of malaria program- Other responsibilites as needed
We are seeking an Associate to join the Global Vaccines Delivery Team to strengthen CHAI's work in Cold Chain Infrastructure and Management, both at global level and in focal countries. This role falls within the global Cold Chain Logistics (CCL) team, which works with governments to remove cold- and supply-chain issues as a barrier to improved coverage. Key responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to) the following: 1 – In collaboration with CHAI country teams, CCL team leadership/members, and regional managers, provide high-value strategic and programmatic support to dramatically improve the performance of country cold chains- Provide critical input on the approaches needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to cold chain, in line with the program strategy and model- Support development of both program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding cold chain, emphasizing ambitious and transformational goals- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects to sustainably transform the vaccines cold chain in CHAI focal countries. Projects could include:- Supporting in-country and global efforts to procure and deploy high-performing cold chain equipment, with a focus on the design and implementation of Gavi’s $250M Gavi Cold Chain Equipment Optimization Platform (CCEOP)- Introducing effective cold chain management systems, with a focus on the routine performance monitoring, maintenance of CCE, and planning for capacity needs- Identifying cold chain network extension strategies that increase access to immunization in under-served and/or low coverage areas- Supporting the piloting of next-generation vaccine carriers and coldboxes, and developing business cases to bring successful products to scale 2 – Support CHAI’s ability to deliver high-quality and impactful work across diverse operating contexts and content areas- Support the continuous development and effective dissemination of programmatic strategy across CHAI teams, including the development ‘tool kits’, lessons learned, and other know-how related to cold chain- Support the ramp up of new and existing CHAI staff (at both global level and in focus countries) in cold chain topics, leveraging the institutional knowledge from the CHAI vaccines program and new insights developed by the associate 3 – Inform global practices and policies related to vaccines cold chain- Cultivate robust evidence bases, insightful analytical perspectives, and lessons-learned from CHAI and other partners in order to inform global policies/practices and promote improved cold chain outcomes- Distill CHAI’s programmatic insights into formats that can influence the global immunization community, global policies and country practices beyond CHAI focus countries. This includes supporting CHAI’s participation in key working groups (e.g., EPI manager meetings, ESA regional meetings, Immunization Supply Chain Steering Committee, CCEOP Working Group, TechNet, etc.)- Develop and expand productive relationships with critical global stakeholders (e.g., Gavi, BMGF, UNICEF SD/PD, PATH, JSI, VillageReach) and foster effective exchange of know-how across them 4 – Support program and grant management -- with a focus on vaccines cold chain work -- in collaboration with program, regional and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives and milestones in focus areas and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks/opportunities- Working with regional and program management, ensure that progress is properly monitored and evaluated, in line with grant commitments and internal review needs- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, helping identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Assist in the programmatic design of strategies to expand treatment optimization efforts for infants, children and adolescents- Work with the MoH Pediatric and eMTCT HIV subcommittee of the HIV Technical Working (TWGs), Child Health and Adolescent Health TWG, DSD national TASK Force and other stakeholders to expand rational uptake of optimal ARVs according to the latest HIV Consolidated Treatment Guidelines to improve treatment outcomes in infants, children and adolescents- Support MoH and other implementing partners in identifying and addressing barriers to optimal treatment for infants, children and adolescents- Support HCW mentorship, quality assurance SOPs, and commodity monitoring in line with MoH guidelines- Support adoption and rollout of strategies and tools to effectively and routinely monitor and switching of infants, children and adolescents to optimal ARVs including any newly introduced regimens as per national guidelines- Support strengthening of ARV commodity forecasting and quantification and the overall supply chain management systems at all levels with special focus on service delivery points in FASTER Provinces and Districts- Support development of tools and analysis to track clinical outcomes related to HIV care and treatment to strategically identify children and adolescents in need of enhanced clinical monitoring, adherence and support- Support data analysis and use of proven strategies such as Service Quality Assessments, clinical audits in order to inform remedial measures including competency based clinical mentorships, HIV related mortality audits in infants and children and ongoing facility level quality improvement efforts- Support strategies to improve pharmacovigilance in FASTER sites while serving as coordinator/champion for PV conversations national wide through participation in TWGs and partner meetings- Effectively collaborate with other CHAI teams to ensure effectiveness and coordinated effort towards achieving program goals and deliverables- Contribute to the development and design of CHAI’s pediatric HIV and eMTCT strategy in Zambia and globally- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Lead the process of documentation and dissemination of program outcomes- Support the execution of all components of the program, ensuring that key deliverables are met on time including donor communication and reporting- Maintain close partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders in government, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders - Support MOH and cooperating partners to develop innovative ways for mainstreaming program sustainability through integration of VMMC with other HIV prevention programs - Support the preparation and monitoring of the program budget and other finance related activities- Support the Senior Program Manager to supervise program staff to ensure that all work plan deliverables are completed on time, well documented and are of high quality- Perform other tasks as assigned by management