Click column header to sort
- Collaborating with a multi-functional team of strategic program associates, epidemiologists, and CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Leading quantitative modeling on the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programs- Please note that these may change as the project evolves
Grant Management- Support in creating comprehensive budgets for new grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants) that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements.- Review and support in preparing donor deliverables such as financial reports and invoices.- Support in both grant kick-off and grant close-out activities to ensure there is smooth communication of compliance requirements across the Global EM team and other teams, as is relevant.- Support in review and tracking of donor-required timesheets, as applicable, and in updating monthly salary allocation records to align with approved timesheet data. Analyze monthly donor financials to ensure alignment between posted expenses and approved timesheet allocations.Monthly Financial Review and Annual Budgeting- Review monthly transactions and identify and draft necessary adjustments.- Analyze monthly variances of operational expenses to budget and work with Managers and Directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to financial plans based on variances.- Support the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting process to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available.- Ensure timely submission of routine requests from finance, including the monthly salary allocation file and monthly variance explanations.Operations Evaluation and Financial Planning- Contribute to creation and maintenance of financial models to track expenditure and generate forecasts to help drive programmatic decisions.- Ensure the Global EM team has the relevant finance information they need to track travel budgets and charge expenses.- Identify, investigate, and implement potential operational improvements.Other- Maintain confidential records, such as employee information (specifically salary and benefit information) and financial information (budgets and allocations).- Help coordinate audit documentation and response collection as needed.- Communicate effectively in a matrixed work environment across various stakeholders.- Perform other programmatic/operational duties as requested.- Option to travel internationally 1-2 times per year.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact strategies and projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CHAI programs- Conduct literature/desk reviews and synthesis of key data to inform program design- Support design of monitoring and evaluation systems and tools- Design electronic data collection systems and support CHAI teams in collecting and managing data- Develop and/or maintain data dashboards for program monitoring- Analyze quantitative and qualtiative program data and translate findings into actionable recommendations- Support development of country-specific costing and impact models- Coordinate across internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment around evidence generation priorities and approaches- Build the capacity of CHAI teams to analyze and use data generated from the program activities through training and mentoring- Support documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned from CHAI's work- Assist with program development, grant reporting, and grant management- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Drafting recommendations and implementation plans to operationalize CHAI’s five-year strategy, including near-term strategic and operational improvements and presenting recommendations to the CEO and other senior leadership.- Scoping potential new, high-impact program areas, including by conducting background research, modeling quantitative impact case, and evaluating funding landscape.- Developing briefing notes, pitch decks, and proposals to secure catalytic funding for new and existing programs and initiatives.- Collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders across functions to support high-priority special projects across the organization.- Supporting the development of communication materials, including reports, presentations, and updates to internal and external stakeholders.- Supporting Senior Leadership to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as donors, partners, and board members, to support CHAI’s mission and initiatives.- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to inform decision-making, tracking key performance indicators, and assessing the impact of projects.
- Lead the design and development of M&E frameworks and develop implementation and reporting mechanisms to facilitate effective oversight and management at the national, state and district levels- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Synthesize results and disseminate them internally and externally through presentations, reports, briefs and publications- Act as a thought partner to the implementation team in streamlining data systems with operational processes- Design and implement programme review and monitoring processes at national and state level- Support the Project Director and Program Lead in ensuring that the M&E and surveillance activities are aligned with programmatic work plans and inform policy processes- Support Project Director in donor reporting activities including consolidation of relevant data and evidence of impact- Supervise activities and provide guidance to the M&E Analysts, Data analysts and MIS Lead- Monitor and support development and maintenance of project MIS and dashbboards- Support the development of study design and research and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures (quantitative and qualitative)- Where relevant, liaise with academic institutions and/or other implementing partners that might have relevant data that can be leveraged for program monitoring
- Provide technical assistance to the national malaria program to refine technical support in all malaria control interventions.- Support the development and monitoring of country-specific government strategies, roadmaps, and costed work plans relating tomalaria.- Work with CHAI colleagues and governments to evaluate strategies, identify and prioritize resource gaps, and develop new funding proposals for the country.- Contribute to the formulation, review, and feedback of technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines, grant proposals, donor reports, or implementation updates.- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation to measure progress towards malaria control goals (analysis of key indicators, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of surveillance platforms, etc.).- Monitor program activities against project objectives and donor commitments, identify bottlenecks or operational weaknesses, and work collaboratively with country and global CHAI teams to achieve exceptional results within tight timeframes.- Identify new opportunities within and outside of the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support the development of programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Analytics- Support design and implementation of M&E strategy and knowledge management activities aligned with programmatic work plans for the EM O2 program for tracking progress and impact measurement;- Support development of study design and research, monitoring, and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures, for the evaluation surveys, process evaluations and outcomes evaluations;- Coordinate with national and state health departments to help design research studies for improved decision making. Where relevant, liaise with academic institutions and/or other implementing partners that might have relevant data that can be leveraged for program monitoring and improvement;- Design and implement relevant data collection and validation activities including field testing, training, and evaluation;- Support the capacity building of programme teams on comprehensive data management, recording, reporting and dashboarding tools and processes that will generate credible, actionable, and timely information;- Participate in assessment visits, supervision and mentoring at facilities and utilize data collected to ensure programs are moving in right direction, identify bottlenecks and solutions;- Support in regularly updating the M&E dashboard and reporting frameworks for ongoing projects, tracking the project progress as per the annual work plan and ensure reporting on project activities according to the M&E indicators;- Coordinate with CHAI Global Program and M&E team to align India program evaluation indicators with that of other countries; - Provide training and mentoring to the EM O2 program staff on M&E, including field-based staff in program states, as required.Knowledge Management and Learning- Support in showcasing of results in local, regional, and global level through contributing to development of communication materials such as presentations, reports, briefs, and publications, based on knowledge and lessons learnt from ongoing interventions;- Support in development and dissemination of routinely updated knowledge products produced by the EM O2 program with wider stakeholders both in a local and global level through various platforms and channels.
Provide technical support including but not limited to:- Developing and maintaining strong understanding of the malaria diagnosis and treatment landscape within Asia; and serve as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and national malaria programs on issues related to case management.- Identifying high priority opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors through scoping exercises and review of routine data.- Developing and supporting the implementation of monitoring & evaluation (M&E) plans for CHAI and government case management and tools to include collection, analysis, interpretation, and use of appropriate indicators across Asia.- Ensuring documentation and dissemination of topics related to malaria case management and/or supply chain management activities and results through technical reports, presentations, policy briefs, and publications. - Generating, synthesizing, and translating evidence (i.e., via surveys, literature reviews, routine data analyses) to inform government and partner policies and programmatic decision making.In close collaboration with CHAI’s country and global teams, NMCPs and other stakeholders, provide operational and implementation support including but not limited to:- Supporting development and/or update of national guidelines related to diagnosis and treatment, quality assurance and control for medicines and diagnostics.- Developing materials for health care workers, including SOPs and training materials to improve adherence to national guidelines.- Designing and implementing strategies and detailed plans to address gaps in availability and access to case management services.- Expanding access to and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies.- Designing strategies, plans and tools for the integration of case management and supply chain information into malaria surveillance systems.Provide support to grant management and regional coordination, including but not limited to:- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders including governments, non-governmental organizations, and academic partners.- Supporting grant management and donor reporting for the region and working alongside CHAI country teams to develop programmatic updates.- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, NMCPs and key partners on country activities and priorities.- Any other tasks as required.
The Associate will have two major area of focus: Support in-country implementation of Indonesia grants on new vaccines introduction, service delivery, immunization program management, and financing (50%)- Provide strategic guidance, planning, and program management support to Indonesia team- Support development of strategy and workplan- Build understanding and seek inputs from broader global team- Identify barriers and develop solutions- Help monitor progress against milestones and mitigate risk- Support drafting of concept note and fundraising proposals- Provide day-to-day thought partnership, technical support, and bandwidth on the above technical topics- Co-design and develop high quality deliverables to support implementation excellence including presentations, tools and models- Share global and cross-country best practices- Support alignment on priorities- Facilitate involvement of global technical leads/ area owners as required- Provide coordination support- Share country updates with broader global team- Share global priorities and updates with country team and highlight relevance to country program- Foster effective collaboration across the teamSupport to the Global Delivery Team cross-cuttingcountry support functions (50%)- Support the design and set up of a knowledge management platform:- Support management of the knowledge management platform, including identification of roster of topics and presenters, refining knowledge products for dissemination, creating engagement strategies across countries to generate interest and attention on various topics- Synthesis of research for new topic areas of new geographies- Landscape analysis of geographies on potential technical and program areas, partner and donor mapping in the vaccines / health space- Gather key data to support decision making on inclusion of countries into geographic portfolio- Trend analysis and horizon scanning across countries to identify opportunities, risks- Set up data dashboards across countries to track key indicators that can support program decision making- Update data dashboards and conduct analysis, generate insight reports for various technical teams- Surge support for high impact and high priority country implementation support- On a project basis that could span a few weeks to a few months duration, expect to deep dive into particular area of work to support country to deliver on key objective- Projects will be selected in conjunction with your manager and country support team based on highest need / impact areas- Types of projects could include, but are not limited to: data analysis and generation of key insights, creating and packaging lessons learning documents, report writing, creation of assessment tools, creation and preparation of donor presentations- Surge support for high impact and high priority fundraising and grant development- Support proposal development project planning toward submission proposal package - including understanding donor requirements and adjusting existing materials to various proposals- Support data gathering, literature reviews for background and rationale sections- Support idea generation and its refinement for proposals- Support in technical writing, copyediting- Surge support for operational functions- Expect to happen on more limited and time-bound basis, e.g. planning and execution of team wide meetings-
As a Strategy & Special Projects Summer Associate, you will work closely with CHAI’s Chief of Staff and CHAI Senior Leadership, including CHAI’s CEO, on high priority projects that span CHAI’s diverse portfolio of programs and geographies. In this role, you will help shape the long-term strategy of an organization that impacts the lives of millions of people in low- and middle-income countries. Activities will include supporting the operationalization and implementation of CHAI’s five-year strategy; developing new approaches for partnerships and external relations; evaluating internal processes for program measurement and evaluation; and creating and implementing change management strategies for CHAI’s 2024-2028 strategy. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of the full organization and incubate critical new functions and projects. You will be responsible for:- Drafting recommendations and implementation plans to operationalize CHAI’s five-year strategy, including near-term strategic and operational improvements and presenting recommendations to the CEO and other senior leadership.- Collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders across functions to support high-priority special projects across the organization.- Supporting the development of communication materials, including reports, presentations, and updates to internal and external stakeholders.- Supporting Senior Leadership to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as donors, partners, and board members, to support the CHAI’s mission and initiatives.- Developing briefing notes, pitch decks, and proposals to secure catalytic funding for new and existing programs and initiatives.- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to inform decision-making, tracking key performance indicators, and assessing the impact of projects.