Click column header to sort
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.
- Needs assessment development:- Review country-specific documents and reports to develop a perspective of the Country's COVID-19 diagnostic landscape, weaknesses, and opportunities- Assess existing systemic and individual capacities for COVID-19 diagnostic management- Site activations for broad expansion of antigen testing into all regions and decentralized to lower-level health facilities:- Development and deployment of site selection criteria for antigen testing expansion:- Support site identification and activation for testing scale-up and upscale implementation- Support the activities of testing facilities on COVID-19 and other diseases of interest per the Global Fund Project framework- Support and participate in supervisory activities at the national and site level- Task shifting to lower-level cadres:- Support the development, review, enaction, and implementation of policies to guide testing by non-laboratory professionals such as Community health workers and/or Lay cadres- Guide management team on non-laboratory personnel recruitment, engagement, training, and performance management- Expanding the use cases accessible to testing at the health facilities:- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that focus on processes, workflow, and throughput so the lab can efficiently and effectively handle growth while maintaining high-quality standards- Scaling up community-based testing deployment, developing strategies, and monitoring implementation:- Provide technical support to the MOH, Thematic Working Groups, and other relevant stakeholders to properly implement project initiatives, including community-based testing, capacity building, and compliance with testing algorithms and procedures- Provide technical support in the delivery of high-quality testing services for COVID-19 and other priority diseases, laboratory quality assurance, data and waste management- Support the delivery of devices and test kits to selected testing sites- Develop and adherence to national testing algorithm and maintain continuous learning and updating testing strategies- Other responsibilities as needed
- Act as a key focal point to a set of countries with a focus of Francophone West Africa. As part of this role, support governments and country teams supporting governments in developing and implementing health financing strategies and reforms, including for improved resource mobilization and pooling, strategic purchasing (including priority setting and benefits package design and provider contracting and payment), and financial management. This will include a mix of thought partnership and technical advisory to teams and government stakeholders, and of content creation including the development of literature reviews, concept notes, excel tools, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and training materials.- Proactively share learnings from other countries and source the appropriate experts from CHAI global and country teams and from CHAI global network to support country programs on technical and strategic topics.- Design and conduct cost and impact analyses, and other quantitative analyses that help assess opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability in health financing for countries in scope of support. Provide training and coaching to teams on analytics, including in the areas of costing, scenario modelling, and budgeting.- Support the design, implementation and analysis of health system diagnostics, which will aim to support governments map the financing and management bottlenecks for effective service delivery at facility and community levels. Document learnings from those diagnostics in the form of internal knowledge materials or case studies.- Contribute to shaping CHAI Global Health Financing knowledge sharing approach and support continuous knowledge sharing across countries. This includes the development of relevant documents, publications, and case studies, and the planning and facilitation of learning events including the health financing summits and monthly calls.- Contribute to CHAI’s strategy on health financing and primary health care globally and at country level, including in country programs.- This will include participating in strategy sessions, sharing learning from in country work, and developing materials such as strategy documents, concept notes, and proposals.- Maintain technical expertise in health financing and stay abreast of key challenges.- Other responsibilities as requested by manager.
The Oxygen Scientist is a member of the Oxygen program team of the CHAI-DRC, responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating all program activities. Theywill report directly to the Associate Director, Diagnostics and Supply Chain. This role requires strong technical, managerial, communication, and organizational skills. The Oxygen Scientist will be based in Kinshasa, with the following specific responsibilities:- Collaborate with CHAI DRC team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal.- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain, infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment and equipment maintenance, including supporting the development of job aids, and training materials.- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for oxygen interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed.- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the current program, leveraging current analysis to drive action, as well as assisting with the development of sustainable M&E frameworks and tools for the Ministry of Health to see and manage data over the long term.- Support the Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings.- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise.- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19.- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership.- Provide technical support to MoH in developing a strategic oxygen roadmap to expand access to oxygen beyond COVID-19 to cover treatment access to other SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection).- Lead the installation and effective management of PSA in different provinces.- Lead the introduction and implementation of medical liquid oxygen in DRC.- Other relevant tasks as requested.
- Provide day-to-day program management support to the provincial and municipal health authorities working with malaria supervisors and focal points in different technical areas, such as surveillance, vector control, case management and finance- Serve as a trusted advisor to the NMCP provincial and municipal health authorities regarding their malaria control activities- Conduct provincial level assessments to help make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Work with CHAI's fellow country associate, technical teams, and regional manager to identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions- Support implementation and improvement of the malaria surveillance system in Southern Angola, including coordinating provincial and municipal activities such as data review meetings, and data quality assessments- Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyse data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government and partner organizations in the provinces to ensure coordination- Collaborate with the CHAI-Namibia team on the development and implementation of cross-border collaboration initiatives- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%)
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships- Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.
- Serving as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and regional technical leads, and national malaria programs, on issues related to malaria entomology;- Developing and leading the execution of CHAI’s entomological strategy;- Working through CHAI country teams to support malaria programs with developing their entomological strategies, including understanding key programmatic questions, consideration (and deployment, when relevant) of new approaches, data collection oriented to answering programmatic questions, and making vector control decisions based on entomological data;- Answering questions from CHAI teams and malaria programs related to the bionomics of key malaria vectors across Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and Mesoamerica;- Staying abreast of WHO technical guidelines and the latest scientific advances regarding malaria entomology, and translating scientific evidence into country programmatic decisions, standard operating procedures, data collection forms, manuals, and guidelines;- Understanding novel and traditional malaria vector control tools, and advising on the entomological data that would support introducing and monitoring these tools;- Supporting CHAI country teams and government programs to implement strong systems for vector control insecticide resistance monitoring;- Identifying key impediments to achieving entomological programmatic goals and helping devise targeted solutions to them;- Providing technical support for conducting programmatic entomological activities of malaria vectors including, but not limited to, capturing vector species, biting and resting behavior, oviposition, breeding dynamics, and susceptibility to insecticides;- Providing technical and operational support for the implementation of entomological and vector control studies including, but not limited to, guidance on best practices for collecting larval and adult vectors, preserving and transporting samples, selecting survey or sentinel sites, evaluating the quality of indoor residual spraying, measuring the residual efficacy of insecticides, and the timing of such studies;- Participating in the analysis and interpretation of entomological data collected routinely or during entomological surveys;- Supporting strong entomological data management, including integration of entomological data into malaria information systems and deployment of digital tools as appropriate;- Developing malaria program budgets for entomological infrastructure and surveillance activities;- Synthesizing results in slide decks and reporting and communicating them within CHAI;- Leading trainings for CHAI teams and country programs on entomology best practices and new information;- Representing CHAI at external technical meetings, acting as the face of our organization to academic/technical partners, including via the dissemination of findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across governmental, non-governmental, public health, and academic organizations;- Working with CHAI's technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to develop and implement coordinated program support; and- Any other tasks identified.