Click column header to sort
- Oversee the various workstreams in the global cancer programs, ensuring alignment with CHAI strategy and delivering for results- Seek out and develop new partnerships and potential sources of funding- Maintain external relationships with existing partners and donors- Oversee implementation of the current grant portfolio, ensuring delivery against targets and appropriate reporting and communications- Oversee a set of operational research projects, ensuring alignment with relevant ethical standards, programmatic objectives, and research quality- Provide senior level support to CHAI country leadership to advance key strategic priorities with Ministries of Health, such as increasing budget allocations for cancer medicines- Represent CHAI’s cancer program in external forums, to encourage movement towards evidence-based approaches that build on CHAI’s experience- Manage a high performing global team and support their professional development- Liaise with expert teams and relevant program teams across CHAI to strengthen program design and delivery- Oversee research, ideation, and concept development for new aspects of the program aligned to government priorities and programmatic need- Oversee the quality of proposals and technical deliverables- Represent the program to CHAI’s senior leadership- Lead the communication and advocacy agenda, including identifying opportunities for sector influence and leadership towards transformational change
The Associate's key responsibilities will focus on multi-country support to strengthen Health Resource Tracking across Africa. The Associate will provide targeted technical support to country advisors working with government leadership in resource tracking, facilitate sharing of insights and knowledge across CHAI-supported countries, and develop global knowledge products. This will include: Thought Partnership and Capacity Building- Strategic guidance and thought partnership to develop a roadmap/approaches to institutionalizing resource tracking processes- Research (desk and interviews) to landscape resource tracking exercises- Capacity building for CHAI teams in resource tracking, to become a team topic expert in over time- Support to in-country advisors to build Ministry of Health capacity in health resource tracking (e.g., training) and to support institutionalization activities (e.g. resource mobilization)- Process Guidance and Country-Level Execution- Production of data collection tools and training materials for Health Resource Tracking, adapted to country context and use cases- Support in drafting checklists, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other tools to support institutionalization- Technical support to CHAI teams as needed in data cleaning, aggregation, and validation; as well as data analysis and modeling- Development and/or review of concise resource tracking reports and dissemination products tailored to audiences and use cases, with strong attention to detail- Knowledge Sharing and External Dissemination- Facilitate cross-country knowledge sharing through organization and facilitation of virtual exchanges between governments CHAI is supporting in resource tracking- Contribute to development of externally-facing knowledge products (e.g., toolkits and templates, learning briefs) to contribute to practical guidance on resource tracking; as well as advocacy and communications materials such as conference presentations and case studiesThe Associate is anticipated to grow as a core member of our global team, providing technical support across countries based on needs and the individual’s interest and skills. This will include assisting in broader strategy and proposal development as well as contributing to donor reporting and externally-facing knowledge products across our health financing portfolio. Key responsibilities may include:Global Strategy and Multi-Country Support- Participate in global strategy planning, problem-solving discussions, and review of program outputs. Support drafting program updates, presentations, concept notes, and meeting plans, as needed.- Provide targeted technical support to global technical leads and country advisors working with government leadership in the design and implementation of health financing interventions and reforms, including through the production of written documents, presentations, data analysis, and models. These technical areas of support include but are not limited to: aid coordination/resource tracking, benefits package design, health insurance design and- provider payment reforms, financial management, and gender mainstreaming in health.Donor Engagement and Monitoring & Evaluation- Support the program planning and development cycles across global and country teams through the development of project management tools such as workplans and templates- Contribute to the development of funding proposals and the production of donor reports and other associated resources (e.g., slide decks, concept notes, one-pagers)- Support documentation of program progress and outcomes, including case studies that link work in health financing and systems to expansion of SRH accessKnowledge Production and Management- Support global team technical leads and country advisors to develop health financing knowledge products on key technical topics (as described above). These knowledge products will be utilized by a range of CHAI, government, and other external audiences, and include case studies, reports, toolkits, and publications.- Support and participate in the development and organization of regular knowledge exchanges between countries and partner governments in the form of in-person and virtual summits, meetings, and trainings.- Develop and maintain technical expertise in health financing, and stay abreast of key challenges.- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
Strategic Leadership and Program Management- Drive and oversee the development, initiation, execution, growth, and monitoring of new digital health programs at CHAI, with an initial focus on digital health for diagnostics, immunization, supply chain, and assistive technologies.- Set vision, strategies, and approaches, annual programmatic goals and targets, and mentor and support teams to work on ambitious but realistic goals.- Provide technical guidance and support for digital health programs, guide teams to resolve issues and mitigate risks, and support problem resolution to ensure implementation progress and delivery.- Work closely with leadership and staff on CHAI program and country teams to ensure cohesive team collaboration, alignment on goals and donor requirements, and drive towards collective impact.- Support teams in development, synthesis, and review of donor-related deliverables (e.g., annual meeting presentations, annual report, donor country visits), ensuring quality outputs while limiting impact on day-to-day work.- Lead on new initiatives – scope and explore the applications of technology in additional areas, develop concept notes, proposals, and budgets for internal and external audiences, and lead the initiation and execution of new programs as the team grows.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in digital health; Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor for the digital health team, CHAI leadership and teams, and external partners.- As part of the digital health leadership team, shape and advise on digital health strategy and objectives to increase the impact of CHAI’s work.Relationship and Partner management- Establish and cultivate relationships with CHAI teams – with leadership and staff in-country, and in program teams – to understand priorities and goals, inform and influence strategies on the use of digital health, and explore new workstreams.- Explore, develop, and manage partnerships with global and in-country digital health and/or data systems partners to collaborate on initiatives and inform CHAI activities and strategies.- Engage and manage relationships with funders interested in CHAI’s digital health work and visionTeam and People Management- Build and foster a motivated, results-driven, and dedicated team who can work across the organizational matrix to ensure progress towards digital health outcomes.- Manage and support the work of 3-5 Associates and Technical Advisors, providing regular ongoing technical guidance, coaching, and overall support to their growth and performance.- Set priorities for team to ensure sound work planning, technical project management and task completion; coordinate work activities with program and country teams.- Help to shape the culture and dynamics of the digital health team, foster team engagement, effectiveness, and cohesion across geographies and workstreams.- Make hiring and compensation decisions; support onboarding and recruitment of new CHAI staff working on digital health.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI.Operations and Financial Management- Oversee execution against program budgets, review and inform budgets and reallocations, and help draft financial reports for donors.- Maintain strong working relationships with CHAI’s operational teams, including finance, HR, and Safety and Security, to seek guidance and support where needed for the team’s work.
- Collaborate with government partners, CHAI country teams, and other stakeholders, to identify data & capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems, and build solutions that fit the needs of the malaria program in the context of the national health system;- Work closely with CHAI malaria country teams and government partners to integrate available data sources and build models to quantify and forecast demand for malaria commodities distributed by the public and private sectors;- Compile information on registration, quantification, procurement and distribution processes and timelines for malaria vector control, diagnostic, and treatment commodities, and document key gaps and recommendations for CHAI’s engagement;- Identify new avenues for CHAI engagement with national malaria programs and the private sector for improved supply chain management;- Outline key indicators and protocols to monitor quality assurance and distribution processes for products distributed by the private sector;- Ensure adequate procurement and distribution of commodities to all relevant levels of the health care system through planning, data analysis and visualization, and coordination across stakeholders;- Establish supply chain monitoring & evaluation (M&E) indicators to track progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings;- Support CHAI country teams in each region with supply chain strategy and training, and build a strong relationship of trust and capability with the national malaria programs.
SRH strategy execution and program implementation- Cultivate and demonstrate deep understanding of country strategic priorities and execution plans- Maintain knowledge of CHAI’s global market shaping initiatives across products relevant to focal countries to facilitate linkages to country market shaping and product introduction and scale up- Maintain visibility and in-depth understanding of COF projects implemented by CHAI and non-CHAI stakeholders in focal countries in order to advise on coherence with country introduction strategies and support linkages across national strategy and plans.- Cultivate deep contextual knowledge of country SRH market stewardship mechanisms in focal countries; make evidence-based recommendations on linkages and transition to global SRH market stewardship mechanism Shaping Equitable Market Access (SEMA).- Proactively look for opportunities to accelerate transformational impact, including through innovations in financing and technology, for example to sustainably improve last mile distribution of health commodities at scale. Conduct analyses as needed to build comprehension and consensus around high-potential approaches/opportunities.- Lead/execute tactical support to country teams including:- Develop and monitor workplans- Provide supply chain strengthening technical and analytical support including monitoring national sexual and reproductive health commodity stock levels to flag risks of stock-out and overstock. Develop mitigation actions and solutions with global procurers and donors as needed and support execution of evidence-based forecasting and quantification of products using best-practice assumptions.- Develop evidence-based, rational product introductions plans that are validated by country government stakeholders. Design and execute plan costing.Map resources back to product introduction plans. Execute gap analyses and regularly monitor and communicate on funding gaps to both country and global stakeholders.- Other hands-on analytical and technical execution or advisory, working across the matrix with the Global Markets Team, the Applied Analytics and Implementation Sciences Team, the Clinical Services Team and others to develop national strategy, guidelines and training materials; product registration and tendering; routine national forecasting and quantification; product procurement; stock monitoring and data trend analysis; health service and HR data management and trend analysis; improvement of data management systems; and implementation of service delivery scale up.Measurement, analytics, reporting and communicating results- Measure and track key SRH indicators (e.g. uptake of key contraceptive methods; service coverage and readiness; stock on hand, consumption and procurement data; other grant logframe/ results framework indicators)- Regularly review and communicate progress against workplans, KPIs and milestones and make recommendations on strategy execution and trouble shooting based on analysis of program and external data and evidence- Lead development of high quality, polished donor and external stakeholder narrative report outputs that integrate robust data analysis and interpretation. Key reports currently include annual grant reporting for BMGF and FCDO and quarterly reporting to the HIUD Global Steering Committee and the DMPA-SC Access Collaborative.- Draft succinct written status updates for internal and external stakeholders that communicate achievements, progress, risks and opportunities. Disseminate through agreed channels.Portfolio performance management- Proactively and effectively flag delays to implementation of country and product workstream workplans and key project deliverables/outputs, and communicate implications with respect to program outcomes and grant KPIs and milestones- Act with urgency to foster alignment on and shared understanding of risks; escalate risks as needed horizontally and vertically across the matrix to solve pressing issuesMake evidence-based and well-reasoned recommendations to solve problems. Proactively manage the feedback loop by communicating how risks have been addressedGrant ownership and project administration- Execute Grant Owner R&R as specified in GSRH Grant Management R&R guidelines as assigned- Establish/maintain low level of effort processes to track and communicate priorities and tasks, minimizing transactional work and optimizing efficiency and effectiveness in team processesThought leadership- The GSRH team focuses on downstream aspects of product introduction and liaises closely with the Global SRH Markets Team to provide key information and input on upstream activities (e.g. product commercialization strategy, regulatory strategy, global forecasts). The Manager will provide technical support and consultation as needed on country market shaping opportunities- Make informed recommendations based on knowledge of national plans and guidelines, health workforce systems, supply chain and logistics systems, data management systems, private sector landscapes, and other knowledge areas as assigned- Represent CHAI in key external facing forums as assigned- Develop knowledge products and papers to execute the GSRH team’s priorities related to influencing within and outside of CHAI in alignment with team plans. Complete knowledge focal point responsibilities as outlined in the- SRMNH knowledge mapAdditional responsibilities- Anticipate bandwidth constraints and resource needs that impact on country portfolio; proactively advise on resource requirements, working with supervisor to identify additional resources as needed to execute deliverables on time to agreed deadlines- Execute other technical assistance based on need and program priorities- Exemplify SRH team norms and contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Assist with hiring, onboarding and mentoring of team members as requested- Maintain excellent relationships across the CHAI matrix, demonstrating sensitivity and cultural competency- Travel to program countries to collaborate with teams and travel other countries for internal and external meetings
- Collaborate with country teams to develop and implement M&E plans, including designing data collection and management systems to ensure rigorous data collection, validation, and analysis for improving program performance- Synthesize program performance and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation through leading analyses, discussions and other measures- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits, and initiating data reviews- Contribute to research development and execution, including the design of study protocols and management of data collection and analysis
Leadership and Strategic Planning- In close coordination with the Benin senior management team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH to develop a strong MoH vision and operational plan for campaign digitization and integration, including working with government staff daily to:- Scope and understand the health campaigns work and digital health capacity and activities in Benin- Implement a local sustainability plan that incorporates governance, institutional capacity, financing, and other critical considerations- Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with the Benin government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of investmentsStakeholder Relationship Management- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOs working on public health campaigns and digital health in Benin in alignment with MoH priorities to:- Develop a deep understanding their motivations and challenges and- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders- Identify and work with appropriate organizations to implement aspects of campaign digitization and integration – including software customization, user testing, training, and M&E- Develop and manage sub-contracts of software developers and campaign implementors- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workProgram Management and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of one or more program teams; provide support and guidance to junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the Benin senior management team- Lead reporting for the health campaigns programs, working alongside the Benin senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholders- Other activities and responsibilities, as needed.
Coordinate national AHD stakeholders, strategy, and implementation:- Attend and engage with regional communities of practice and networks and provide technical assistance to the member countries.- Provide guidance, market intelligence, and strategic input to the MOHs on AHD.- Support national AHD stakeholder engagements through participation in and support as required to the AHD Technical Working Groups, with a particular focus on translating regional and global learnings and best practices into operational and technical guidance to accelerate the uptake of impactful diagnostic technologies and treatments.- Support MOH to coordinate across and align AHD partners, including civil society and/or community networks, to the national AHD strategy and implementation plan.- Support MOH either virtually or in person with accelerated AHD product introduction, including guideline review meetings, forecasting and quantification, and new product introduction planning.- Review countries’ AHD implementation plans and support the MOH to optimize treatment at selected hubs that decentralized screening facilities can refer patients to.- Support and participate in country-to-country learning and exchange visits on AHD.- Regularly engage in activities related to learning networks to support knowledge raising, sharing of best practices, and capacitation of MOHs.Increase demand for key AHD commodities through expanding sustainable access:- Review and support the optimization of AHD guidelines across countries, sharing best practices and recent WHO recommendations and working closely with MOH to adopt these for the local setting.- Increase awareness of AHD commodities among key decision makers and implementers, and support MOHs to ensure full access to the AHD package of care in their respective countries.- Support CD4 strategy review across countries as required, including assessing the impact of a VISITECT® CD4 Advanced Disease test and its place in countries’ AHD package of care.- Share through the latest market intelligence, to ensure country orders are aligned with procurement cycles that will help maximize the shelf life of commodities in the country.- Share and communicate with countries information about new products to support product introduction.- Support the review of countries’ supply chain data to support regional supply chain management and avoid stockouts.- [As required] Support MOHs to develop the investment case to advocate for the prioritization of AHD commodities in donor global and country budgets. Securing commitment from procurement partners will be critical to ensuring sustainable access to AHD commodities and growing demand.- Monitor country progress against program access deliverables through regular reviews.- Timeously identify risks to access, propose risk mitigation strategies/solutions, and support their execution alongside the MOHs.Coordinate demand for AHD commodities and services: - Share data and access information from counties with the CHAI team, to inform market interventions and share with partners such as the AHD Implementation Steering Committee (ISC) and ARV Procurement Working Group (APWG) to support cross-partner collaboration and service delivery efficiencies at the global level.- Gather data from across countries on AHD supply chain challenges to determine timelines, anticipate delays, and course correct as needed based on revised demand.Team and stakeholder engagement:- Establish and maintain relationships with MOHs, CHAI country teams and partners, and between the global and country teams.- Act as the CHAI AHD focal person for countries and provide updates on country activities and access updates during scheduled internal, donor, and partner engagements.- Meet routinely with MOHs to review, plan, and identify areas for support.- Establish and cultivate key external AHD stakeholder relationships.- Coordinate with other internal teams to identify, cultivate, and leverage synergies in strategy and workstreams.Knowledge sharing:- Maintain up-to-date expertise across the HIV, and specifically the AHD, space, including the latest trends, and research developments and support identification, translation, and utilization of relevant global and regional updates for country teams.- Present analyses, cross-country insights, and program lessons to external audiences.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Assist in updating M&E framework- Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks- Provide research and analytical support- Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings- Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level- Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination- Contribute to donor reports- Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary