Click column header to sort
- Contribute to the strategic technical vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation update.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs to support evidence-based decisions across various technical areas (e.g., vector control, case management, surveillance, finance), including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and regional academic institutions working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Provide technical supervision, mentorship and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide day-to-day program management support to the provincial and municipal health authorities working with malaria supervisors and focal points in different technical areas, such as surveillance, vector control, case management and finance- Serve as a trusted advisor to the NMCP provincial and municipal health authorities regarding their malaria control activities- Conduct provincial level assessments to help make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Work with CHAI's fellow country associate, technical teams, and regional manager to identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions- Support implementation and improvement of the malaria surveillance system in Southern Angola, including coordinating provincial and municipal activities such as data review meetings, and data quality assessments- Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyse data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government and partner organizations in the provinces to ensure coordination- Collaborate with the CHAI-Namibia team on the development and implementation of cross-border collaboration initiatives- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%)
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Provide technical and analytical support to the client, in line with CHAI’s TB Access strategy- Collect and analyse country level clinical and procurement data for treatment and diagnostic commodities to support programmatic decision making- Support in the preparation of strategic documents to inform programmatic interventions- Present analytical findings to internal and external partners in a professional manner- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and routine reports are produced and delivered on time to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and donors- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key governmental stakeholders as well as other non-governmental partners to facilitate effective collaboration- Develop thorough understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical landscape within South Africa and globally including key priorities, challenges and gaps in order to inform program development- Perform other duties as assigned
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- To assist the pediatric and adolescent HIV program to reach the 95-95-95 targets through:- Supporting the design, implementation and monitoring of key pediatric and adolescent interventions with an emphasis on identifying and addressing barriers to effective performance.- Monitoring the implementation of key program activities at facility, district and provincial levels, and providing feedback regarding performance at each of these levels.- Identifying, documenting and sharing good practices with a view to scaling-up of these practices.- Supporting the design, implementation and monitoring of social mobilisation and demand creation activities aimed at increasing healthy behaviours and demand for HIV, TB and other pediatric and adolescent health services.- Liaising with key stakeholders within and outside of the government health sector (including non-government institutions, academic institutions, civil society organisations) to strengthen HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and support services, and ensuring that they are integrated with other child, adolescent and school health programs.- Proactively evaluate program effectiveness in relevant Sub-Saharan African countries and identify potential approaches or strategies to accelerate progress- Preparing reports, presentations and other documents that support the work of the program.- Performing any other duties as requested by the supervisor and person/s delegated by the NDOH.
Project Management and Coordination- Lead and drive the success of the project working collaboratively and coordinating with relevant internal and external partners- Collaborate closely and coordinate internal CHAI teams to drive project forward- Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project- Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved- Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levels- Problem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirementsTeam Management and Communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities- Working closely with the Regional Manager, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries- Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams.- Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materials- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countriesExternal Partner Engagement- Develop and monitor partner engagement across the project, including coordination of internal CHAI roles and responsibilities, collaboration approaches, and communications with external partners- Support formulation of sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersDonor Financial Reporting and Communications- Contribute to development of project and financial donor reports, including supporting coordination of regular donor updates, soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities- Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables- Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications
- Lead and drive the success of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin including setting the vision and goals, prioritizing resources, and developing country-specific work plans - Proactively monitor and manage execution of CHAI’s malaria and NTD program in Benin to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget - Identify and problem-solve challenges in meeting objectives including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenge and apply strategic and critical thinking to adjust objectives and activities accordingly - Build strong relationships with stakeholders from government, partner organizations and local institutions to facilitate coordination, problem solving, alignment of objectives and delivery of results - Work closely with CHAI’s regional technical teams and managers to identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed- Demonstrate leadership and directly manage all members of the CHAI Benin Malaria and NTD team - Synthesize results and communicate them internally and externally at national and regional venues through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Oversee the operational and financial management of the country program, including budget planning and reporting, as well as leading the finalization of CHAI’s corporate setup in Benin. This may include the need to serve on the local Board of Directors of the CHAI Benin entity and act as the point person for vendor relationships. - Act in an official signing capacity as the official CHAI, Inc. representative in Benin with the government - Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
The Senior Associate will report directly to the Country Manager and will provide technical assistance in overall LOX pilot project including:- Establishment of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with at least 2 willing regional LOX suppliers- Supporting the establishment of systems that guarantee safe LOX importation and distribution routes- Setting up a well-functional LOX cylinder filling, retrieval and tracking system - Leading and facilitating discussions for scaling up the pilot including establishing a depot, increasing LOX importation volumes, and increasing the network of distribution points- Setting up of a national plan to officially incorporate LOX into product mixSpecifically, the Senior Associate will perform the following tasks: Coordination- Provide ongoing support to strengthen the MoHS Oxygen TWG as a coordination platform and build the capacity of relevant MoHS staff to lead the platform; act as secretariat to the TWG, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes and information dissemination to participants and other stakeholders. - Regularly liaise with MoHS units, other government agencies, NGOs, and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access in general and LOX (e.g., drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets)- Systematically track implementation, outputs, measure effectiveness of the project to document and submit bi-monthly and end of project success storiesTraining and Mentoring- Support clinical training and mentoring in oxygen: training planning and implementation, tracking capacity gaps and progress, ensure integration with other CHAI Sierra Leone programs, etc.- Develop guiding and training tools to support capacity strengthening for both BMEs responsible for running and maintaining LOX systems, and health care workers (HCWs) working in critical care services at the pilot facilities- Work with the MoHS and key stakeholders to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for LOX systems to better guide HCW and operations teams within the pilot health facilitiesSupply Chain- Support the MoHS in setting up infrastructure for LOX including facilitating supplier negotiations for LOX, network design for supply chain and return logistics for cylinders and equipment procurement,- Support national quantification review exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Support development of technical specifications for oxygen technologies, and ensure integration into revision of national donation guidelines- Identify opportunities to introduce inventory management systems and tools for oxygen technologies; develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) as needed- Support integration of reporting and distribution of oxygen technologies into existing routine supply chain systems (e.g., e/LMIS), and support development and updating of oxygen production tracking tools.- Support pilot facilities to monitor usage and control wastage of medical oxygen- Support pilot facilities to establish a mechanism for scaling up and sustaining LOX use and management- Other responsibilities as needed-
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize and cost national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI country teams- Serve as liaison between CHAI regional technical teams, country partners, and stakeholders- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting- Other responsibilities as needed
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Organize, clean, manage, and integrate different types of datasets, including epidemiological, demographic, intervention, and geospatial data;- Design and conduct statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods), and interpret results to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease patterns, and inform strategic and operational planning;- Lead or provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the implementation of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology, including question development and prioritization, formulation of research protocols, study design, sample size calculation, formulating and digitizing data collection tools, data validation and cleaning, biostatistical methodology, and data visualization;- Provide technical guidance and thought partnership on the design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs, and analyze M&E indicators to inform progress;- Synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications;- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with relevant CHAI team members, academic institutions, and other partners;- Contextualize analytics work through review and synthesis of peer-reviewed and grey literature;- Document and apply lessons learned, formulate training materials, and lead individual or group trainings when requested to promote integration of analytics and data use with routine programmatic activities;- Any other tasks required.