Click column header to sort
- Monitor implementation of the EM O2 program in the state, ensuring consistent improvements in equitable access based on and support to government-led initiatives.- Support state program leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget.- Coordinate with the other teams to exchange ideas and ensure timely delivery and progress on the envisaged operational plans.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with GoMP stakeholders, and key partners at the state level.- Provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a representative of the organization.- Work with the program team to ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered team of motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues in the state.- Build the state program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Work with leadership to further the scope of the program and identify new areas where the organization can deliver value, with significant beneficiary and policy impact to scale-up program implementation initiatives.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the state and program leadership.
- Support the strategy manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Programme ensuring consistent improvements in supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management, Vaccines Delivery & Logistics, Service Delivery, Data Systems and Review Mechanisms- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Prepare actionable and effective programme materials, presentations, reports for supporting communications with key stakeholders such as donors and government functionaries- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Support implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in key areas- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Design of tools for facility assessments, demand estimation, supply chain management, data analytics for various modalities of oxygen supply- Participate in field visits to monitor functioning of oxygen generation plants (Pressure Swing adsorption plants) and other infrastructure like LMO tanks, oxygen cylinders, concentrators etc. and provide technical support for biomedical equipment- Coordinate data collection and data analysis for oxygen related system (need assessment, analysis of oxygen capacities and gaps to inform decision making) in state public health facilities by securing necessary permissions and approvals from government authorities- Design of SOPs, Training modules, guidelines, supplier landscape, tender documents- Capacity building of public health facility staff including technicians on use of oxygen equipment and other technical aspects of oxygen systems- Provide support on AMC document and CMC document preparation and tender reviews- Provide invaluable inputs for development of oxygen demand assessment tools factoring in critical insights from government departments- Develop strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders including government officials, affiliated institutes, and partners working in the oxygen therapy landscape in program states- Develop knowledge management library of all technical resources related to oxygen management- Conduct routine sessions on technical aspects of oxygen systems for internal EM team- Participate in meetings of field team to clarify technical queries and align on oxygen systems data collection from facilities
Regional support (~50% LOE)- Provide strategic insights to the development of country programs as well as the overall CHAI TB program- Serve as a trusted advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of topics relating to access to medicines and diagnostic devices (e.g., drug quality and pricing, market intelligence, regimen optimization, diagnostic accuracy and pricing, procurement, forecasting, new product introduction, product tradeoffs, costing exercises, implementation planning and scale-up)- Support the introduction of new, improved, or less costly medicines by supporting country teams with the development of new product roll-out strategies for Ministries of Health- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders- Provide analytic support to improve data utilization to improve TB program decision making and identify opportunities to increase program efficiencies- Develop and leverage expertise in procurement best practices for medicines and other health commodities in low resource settings- Build country capacity on quantification and forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimize wastage and costs- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between CHAI country teams and global team members (including the laboratory services and HIV teams and other programs)- Share best practices and key supply dynamics and access-to-medicine issues across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and program experiences- Provide mentorship and guidance to country support associates and country staff- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant deliverables across CHAI focal countries- Partner with country teams to devise strategies to achieve grant objectives in line with country priorities- Responsible for reporting and annual reviews for donors and internal CHAI leadership- Responsible for maintaining up to date expertise on MDR-TB patient identification to cure practices and knowledge sharing among internal CHAI teams- Support CHAI TB director & associate director in budgeting/fundraising and team management as needed- Anticipated 30-40% travel regionallyCHAI Vietnam focused support (~50% LOE)- Provide technical assistance and general project management support to the CHAI Vietnam Country Team’s designated project lead (and other country team members) with the day-to-day project management of two upcoming operational studies that leverage innovative technologies for diagnosis and surveillance of TB at the country level (approximately ~50% LOE).
Under this Agreement, Consultant will act as an advisory capacity to WJCF and its relevant stakeholders. Key responsibility areas include:- Build strong relationships with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health, Medical Education, Medical Corporation, autonomous government institutes), NGOs/developmental partners and other relevant partners- Secure buy-in and support on the program on secondary prevention of cervical cancer with health leadership, concerned officials at the state and sub-state levels- Support program team in implementing programmatic activities in areas including, but not limited to:- Capacity building of service providers and frontline-workers on screening and management of common cancers, specifically cervical cancer- Strengthening access to cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Expedite decentralized deployment of portable treatment devices to improve access to treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Support demand generation activities to raise awareness on cervical cancer prevention and mobilize beneficiaries for cancer screening- Support strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms to monitor program impact and ensure positively screened beneficiaries receive appropriate care and treatment- Other activities for successful operational roll-out and implementation of the program- Travel extensively within the state to visit health care facilities (PHC/CHC/CH/DH/GMC/TCCC) to assess and monitor health systems and effective on-ground implementation of the program- Actively engage with teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where organisation is supporting implementation and strengthening of interventions on cervical cancer prevention to leverage learnings, strengthen and facilitate interventions in the Consultants program state- Support program reporting requirements through facilitating periodic reporting on status / progress and key indicators or program deliverables through the implementation of the program in the respective state- Undertake any other activities as asked by program leadership Consultant will report to Program Manager during the Term of this Agreement.
Strategic Leadership and Stakeholder Management:- In collaboration with the Program Manager, define and drive the WJCF SRH portfolio strategy and lead the on-ground implementation of planned SRH interventions across the state of Madhya Pradesh- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and ensure alignment with government, donor and global CHAI strategies- Work closely with the departments of family planning and maternal health at the national and state levels to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to strategic priorities, demand generation, access to services, supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, to effectively communicate WJCF’s achievements in the SRH verticalProgram Team Operations:- Lead team management of staff and field operations team in Madhya Pradesh- Design data-driven interventions: conduct rigorous background research, stakeholder consultations, lead comprehensive design process, develop programs and metrics, etc. that are in line with donor strategy- Draft field operation plans, training modules, discussion guides, research protocols and any other such documents for pilot interventions and accompanying studies- Identify and support in contracting implementation partners/third party data collection agencies and manage the relationships on a day-to-day basis- Develop and implement an audience appropriate communications plan - draft key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials- Devise holistic strategy for scale-up – synthesize pilot outcomes, impact achieved, and lessons learnt, conduct feasibility assessments, scope for right channels for scale-up and draft operational plansOther responsibilities as needed
Scoping (15%)- Work with malaria programs, MoH informatics units, and CHAI regional and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for improving malaria surveillance data quality, access, including the monitoring of epidemiology, vectors, data quality, and case management indicators- Develop and document coherent and technology-appropriate software and hardware specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions (including DHIS2-appropriate specifications) for user workflows, data collection forms, dashboards, systems integrations, and other platform components as needed, in line with programmatic objectives and data use needs- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements and software/hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI and ministries of healthTechnical Project Management and Support (35%)- Work with external developers to communicate requirement needs and priorities; test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications; oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met- Directly configure, update, and thoroughly test system set ups as needed, particularly for DHIS2, Reveal, and common geo-registry systems, including updates to users, locations, data elements, indicators, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of information systems, including robust user testing, to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation.- Lead stress tests, system customizations, and run tests on data integrity and continuous integration of releases.- Support systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (35%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff and system institutionalization by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials; help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by monitoring and strengthening the quality of data inputs, refining analytical outputs, and developing context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by the malaria program- Proactively identify gaps and challenges with system uptake and performance; identify and support execution of both technical and operational solutions improve system institutionalization- Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansOther (15%)- Provide thought partnership, guidance, and hands-on support to non-malaria CHAI teams in the GMS region working in cross-cutting digital health initiatives- Knowledge management - manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teams- Other responsibilities as needed
- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow up- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Create data backed dashboards, bulletins, review templates, decision making tools- Support capacity building of key functionaries on data analytics and review mechanisms- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state leadership for strengthening of Routine Immunization program- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and pan India.
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team and the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to conduct a rapid digital health landscape assessment- Provide technical support to MoH in developing an operational workplan and roadmap in adequation with the National Digital Health Strategy- Explore opportunities for linkage between digital technologies and their use for social protection – protection of vulnerable populations- Collaborate with government to carry out capacity building, to ensure skills transfer and government ownership of digital health tools- Support partner relationships including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders such as government officials, subject matter experts, NGO staff, provincial health workers and frontline health workers. Ability to build consensus, manage expectations, and coordinate with these groups and in certain cases lead conversations independently- Provide technical advice and training as needed to support the development of ICT solutions through other project activities across CHAI Cambodia portfolio- Other relevant tasks as requested
- Provide strategic and administrative support to Program Manager to ensure smooth and successful program development and implementation- Ensure effective communication with key local partners and internal program for better coordination and planning- Operationalize and implement recommendations and technical guidance as agreed with local partners- In coordination with Vaccine Program Manager, support government partners at national level with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their Rota introduction strategy- Work closely and support partners at subnational level (Provincial and District Office of Health, Primary Health centre and other related local government bodies), including communities to ensure the success of the Rota program implementation- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes in order to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed under the guidance of the CHAI Finance team- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager and or Senior Program Manager and or Program Director