Click column header to sort
Grant Management- Support program leads in creating comprehensive budgets for new grant proposals (or re-budgeting of existing grants) that meet both internal CHAI requirements and external donor requirements- Create and manage completion of financial reports, audit reports, and invoices for donors, working directly with the relevant leadership within HAP responsible for the grant, as well as CHAI’s various country teams, global partners, Director of Budgeting and Reporting and Chief Financial Officer for validation and approval of reports- Liaise with sub-grantees and sub-contractors to manage all relevant budget and financial management components within the scope of the grant- Oversee compliance with donor financial requirements- Manage financial close-out of grants coming to an endMonthly Financial Review and Annual Budgeting- Develop and populate relevant tools to facilitate Manager and/or Director review of posted expenses across relevant programs and work collaboratively with Managers and Directors to identify necessary adjustments- Analyze and report on monthly variances of operational expenses to budget; work with Managers and Directors to provide variance explanations and to make ongoing adjustments to financial plans based on variances; conduct monthly reviews of activities with Directors and EVP- Lead the annual budgeting and semi-annual reforecasting for HAP to ensure consistency and accurate reflection of programmatic goals given the financial resources available- Work with the appropriate HAP Directors and Managers to allocate and track funding from HAP programs to other CHAI programs, including country teamsOperations Evaluation and Financial Planning- Work with IDRL Finance colleagues on the evaluation of program performance e.g. appraisal of cost-allocation and management of key business drivers- Lead in the creation and maintenance of financial models to track expenditure and generate forecasts to help drive programmatic decisions- Support development of alternative scenario analyses to facilitate decision making by senior management; lead in financial risk management- Identify, investigate, and implement potential operational improvementOther- Facilitate training on finance-related issues to non-finance staff; ensure corporate memory is retained; facilitate knowledge transfer of best practices between IDRL programs- Create tools and reports for budgeting and planning purposes- Perform other programmatic/operational duties as requested by the EVP- Option to travel domestically 1-2 times per year and internationally 1-2 times per year
Leadership and Strategic Planning- In close coordination with the DRC senior leadership team, provide operational and technical support to the MoH to develop a strong MoH vision and operational plan for data use for COVID-19 and other disease response at the community and peripheral level, including working with government staff daily to:- Lead a landscaping assessment to identify use cases for epidemiological and geospatial data use in PHC programs- Assist in operational planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluation of the use cases- Develop a local sustainability plan that incorporates governance, institutional capacity, financing, and other critical considerations- Fulfil routine and ad hoc requests for reporting key performance indicators on epidemiological and geospatial data use, including data collection, aggregation, and analysis - Develop and implement a compelling strategy for maximizing CHAI’s impact and support to the MoH, including clear operational plans that align with government priorities and are coordinated with relevant stakeholders- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the MoH to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Monitor program activities against project goals and MoH commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with DRC government partners and CHAI teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Produce quality products and documents including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Successful transition of completed activities with an emphasis on the long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workStakeholder Relationship Management- Engage, build, and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, country and international partners, donors and NGOsworking on COVID-19 and other diseases response in DRC in alignment with MoH priorities to:- Develop a deep understanding of their priorities and challenges- Ensure effective and impactful coordination between various stakeholders- Represent CHAI in public forums, including the development of presentations and materials for external audiences and maintain relationships with national and international partners to ensure coordinated activities- Coordinate and lead internal communication within the team, across teams and globally- Engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions, and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s workProgram Management and Mentorship- Provide direct oversight of program team members; provide support and guidance to program managers and junior staff on strategy and project deliverables to achieve team goals- Mentor technical staff as they take on managerial responsibilities- Develop management capacity and technical expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national health programs- Develop and ensure execution of program budgets and performance indicators in collaboration with program staff and the DRC senior leadership team- Lead reporting for program areas, , working alongside the DRC senior management team to develop programmatic and financial updates- Work with program teams to develop new program areas, including proposal development and engagement with internal and external stakeholdersOther activities and responsibilities, as needed.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding strategic, analytical, communication and leadership skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Program Manager will report to the Associate Director, Vaccine Markets Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Manage a remote team of 2-3 Associates on projects to strengthen supply security and affordability of current and future priority vaccines in low- and middle-income countries.- Build and lead relationships with suppliers that currently produce or have the potential to produce relevant antigens for developing markets, with a focus on Indian suppliers.- Lead the design and subsequent project management of specific business planning projects with select suppliers.- Guide and manage the Associates involved in these business planning projects to conduct analyses related to vaccine market dynamics (e.g., demand forecasts, uptake models and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies) and supplier sustainability.- Lead CHAI Vaccines Markets Team’s strategy development on supplier sustainability and related engagements. Specifically, this entails taking a holistic business, portfolio, pipeline, and market perspective to support Developing Country Vaccines Manufacturers (DCVMs) in becoming commercially sustainable, reliable LMIC suppliers.- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions.- Creatively scope and initiate projects that contribute to further improving supply sustainability and accessibility of vaccines for low-income countries.- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and reports, and initiation of new projects.- Lead knowledge and data management for the team- Any other duties as required by the Associate Director, Vaccine Markets- 25-30% international travel time required once situation allows
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building Excel-based budget models;- Conduct costing, cost optimization, and financial analyses to identify resource gaps and prioritize activities based on cost-effectiveness;- Support Ministries of Health in drafting strategies for sustainably eliminating malaria and transitioning away from donor financing, by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, and other partners, to integrate and/or absorb donor-funded malaria interventions to achieve sustainability;- Develop new funding proposals in collaboration with national governments;- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy application and implementation requirements for access and distribution of funding for malaria, including budget development and re-programming, quarterly work planning and budgeting at sub-national level, and performance reporting;- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation;- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them;- Assist national and sub-national government administrations to strengthen routine project management and planning processes to ensure effective implementation;- Collaborate with CHAI country teams, country governments, and domestic and international donors to improve financial and program management structures and processes;- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders related to malaria financing work in target countries;- Facilitate knowledge sharing between country teams in the region to ensure coordination; and share best practice;- Travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care; and- Other responsibilities as needed.
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR leadership team, the Laboratory Systems Program Officer will:- Assist the Program Manager and Senior Associate, Laboratory Systems in executing the project, including conducting analysis on epidemiological, logistics, operational and financial data, drafting proposals and reports, and presenting and sharing findings from projects with senior management at MoH and NCLE- Develop training materials, work plans, budgets, and other program materials to support effective implementation of the laboratory systems strengthening roadmap- Coordinate and plan logistics for meetings and team travel schedules- Support written and verbal communication of technical processes, including translation, to build capacity of government staff- Support the team's administrative tasks, as needed- Perform other tasks as necessary
The Program Manager, Laboratory Systems will lead a diverse team to support the MoH to improve COVID-19 molecular and antigen testing programs and other diagnostic services including for HIV, TB and Malaria. The Program Manager will provide both strategic and technical direction for the program, overseeing its development and assuming responsibility for high quality delivery. The Program Manager will build a strong relationships with key stakeholders in the Laboratory space, including with the Ministry of Health, subnational level laboratories and testing sites and health partners. The position will be based in Vientiane, Lao PDR, with regular domestic travel expected, as conditions allow. Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR leadership team, the Laboratory Systems Program Manager will be responsible for: Program Leadership- Lead the development and refinement of the laboratory program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to laboratory team on prioritization of initiatives- Lead the laboratory team in Laos to meet established program objectives under MoH and NCLE guidance - Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development needed for future program developmentStakeholder Coordination- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the Laboratory space, including with the Ministry of Health, subnational level laboratories and testing sites and health partners and other relevant actors that play a role on diagnostics and testing services particularly on HIV, TB, COVID-19 and Malaria- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs in Lao PDR to ensure coordination and successful execution of the laboratory program- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teamsDonor Relationship Management- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements- Manage the laboratory program budget and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all mandated requirementsPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Work closely with Lab Program Manager to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant MoH, partners and stakeholders in the laboratory space - Support NDoH, National COVID-19 Testing Program Coordinator and CPHL in testing strategy and treatment guidelines revision and implementation of national COVID-19 testing plans, including strategic and operational planning, costing, and technology selection decisions, algorithms, etc- Support NDOH and CPHL to coordinate and conduct antigen RDT trainings and supervision in four provinces to ensure efficient and quality testing, improved data management systems, and utilization of data for program management- Work with the national procurement/pharmaceutical team and CPHL to expedite catalytic procurement of new antigen tests and ensure a sustainable and strong model for COVID-19 laboratory commodities procurement and distribution- Work with the National COVID-19 Testing Program Coordinator and CPHL to review, re-assess and ensure that the antigen testing support systems (lab/sites testing network, sites communication, result reporting, assay quality monitoring etc..) are in place - Support the continued implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the rapid antigen testing to measure the impact and assess progress against project goals on regular basis - Provide regular updates of work progress to Lab Program Manager - Perform other tasks that maybe assigned by the Lab Program Manager
- Support the Project Manager to proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Assist with problem-solving challenges in meeting project objectives, including budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements- Organize communications across teams (including calls and Teams channels) and maintain knowledge management platforms- Take, organize and disseminate meeting minutes- Plan and prepare for workshops, trainings and conferences, inviting participants and maintaining attendance lists, sourcing venues, arranging accommodation and travel logistics- Compile agendas for all meetings, workshops, and training sessions- Regularly update partner database and contact information- Maintain and manage version control for team documents including workplans, scoping materials and internal and external reports- Draft documentation for sub-awards as needed and coordinate necessary reviews by headquarters teams- Draft project and financial donor reports- Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Other responsibilities as needed
- To assist in assessment of cold chain capacity, and identifying potential cold chain solutions to ensure sufficient storage capacity for all vaccine types; support in development cold chain roadmap planning and improve cold chain equipment standardization- Support EPI with systems strengthening to identify temperature excursions, prevent vaccine freezing during transport, including piloting interventions, developing relevant guidelines, trainings, and SOPs, evaluating implementation and adherence, and coordinating with relevant government stakeholders.- Work with EPI to design and implement interventions for cold chain data visibility and review of cold chain status including improving visibility of temperature monitoring system, cold chain performance data and institutionalizing regular reporting and review of key cold chain performance indicators.- Support EPI to identify, develop, costed cold chain plan and operationalize cold chain equipment maintenance strategies/models to ensure vaccines are stored in functional refrigerators at all sites. This will include working to ensure the availability of necessary inputs (including qualified technicians, spare parts sufficiency, financial, and capital resources) through the development of process improvements and improved input management systems.- Contribute to the development of innovative approaches as well as the documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and efforts;- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact and document lessons learned.- Work closely and collaboratively with other CHAI vaccine team members to identify linkages and suggest approaches through systems strengthening work to support other immunization program deliverables- Prepare high quality reports, templates, SOPs, TORs, analyses, PowerPoint presentations as related to the above responsibilities - Other duties that arise as deemed appropriate by the Program Manager, Program Director and Country Director.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of CHAI’s global operations, risks, and compliance requirements, and International auditing standards- Assess adequacy of governance, risk management processes, internal controls, compliance with regulation and policies- Influence positive change, add value to CHAI’s operations and share best practices- Plan and conduct financial, operational and compliance audit engagements (scopes, programs, testing) of CHAI country offices, global programs, and operational units- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance policies and procedures and host countries regulations- Write clear and concise internal audit findings into reports format reflecting the results of the work performed- Provide value added recommendations that are applicable to specific business processes, country offices and programs- Review and validate implementation of management corrective actions and prepare quarterly reports on the status of corrective actions.- Raise awareness of the internal audit function and improve communication and collaboration with management and governance- Partner with management to identify risks and improve visibility of high risks for leadership- Conduct trainings on internal controls, compliance, risk management and governance- Promote awareness of fraud risks and red flags, and promote controls to deter and mitigate fraud risks- Assist with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee- Manage out sourced internal audits with consultants- Develop processes and analytical tools to improve efficiency of the Internal Audit activity. Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.- Maintain risk registers and control matrices- Organize and maintain clear and well organized work papers- Conduct fact finding reviews and investigate allegations of financial misappropriations- Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Director, Internal Audit