Click column header to sort
- Provide health system expertise to CHAI country offices as they establish PPPs in selected Sub-Saharan African countries.- Direct CHAI staff on country and global teams on rigorous quality methods and diverse approaches and to drive the development of high-quality evidence to inform policy and PPP design.- Lead presentations and discussions with country governments (Ministries of Health and Finance) as well as with donor.- Facilitate and advise on negotiations and engagement with private sector bidders, on behalf of country governments to ensure value for money is achieved from the PPPs.- Drive evaluation of each country’s health system and analyze how PPP can improve quality of laboratory services, whilst increasing access, particularly among more marginalized groups.- Determine options for PPPs that deliver on national goals but are also affordable, and viable as business propositions for private sector providers.- Lead initial investment proposal for each country and play a key advisory role in each country’s in-depth feasibility study.- Advise country governments and CHAI country offices on potential procurement and legal pitfalls, support the design of a procurement and contracting process and workflow which maximizes the chance of receiving competitive bids and selecting a competent provider.
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for infectious disease surveillance and diagnostics- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.- Closely support DoHFW officials to identify process gaps and engage with divisional and district-level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.- Support WJCF's strategy for increased access to healthcare by identifying areas with significant beneficiary and policy impact.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights.- Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
Convene and support CHAI-led consortium of partners for the malaria commodities forecasting project: - Lead the work planning process, including the development of templates, ensuring the completion of work plans by all partners, and monitoring the activities and timelines outlined within them- Lead content development for donor reporting on an annual basis; manage the assembly of CHAI and partner inputs; and help ensure that final reports are clear, consistent, and cohesive- Oversee knowledge management platform for the project, working in partnership with all consortium partners to keep it comprehensive, up-to-date, and user-friendly- Manage publication of all project findings, draft and disseminate all communicative briefs and white papers- Plan and lead regular team, consortium, and steering committee meetings in addition to output dissemination meetings- Manage team calls and support planning and execution of meetings to discuss project progress- Act as the key point person representing this project in liaison with commodity suppliers, global stakeholders, and the project donorProvide technical support and guidance to the forecasting team:- Maintain positive, productive, supportive, and collegial team cohesion and morale with an existing project team of skilled and independent staff and collaborators- Support with interpretation and narrative development for outputs produced by the market forecasting associate and epidemiologist- Lead final decisions on assumptions and scenarios to be included in forecasts and provide backstop support with analysis/interpretation of data- Keep up to date with new evidence and data relevant to the project- Collate information from partner engagements to inform forecast priorities going forwards, such as determining global events that should be included in forecast modelsProvide support to CHAI's malaria team:- Act as first point of contact on the team for project management assistance or questions- Liaise regularly with staff on matters relevant to the team- Track hiring plans, sub-contracting, and the status of recruitment efforts and proactively flag delays- Develop and maintain onboarding materials, and coordinate and lead onboarding for new staff- Manage team calls, including preparing the agenda, taking notes, and tracking follow-up action items- Develop and maintain knowledge management platform for the team- Support planning and execution of meetings, including identification of venues and coordination of all travel logistics
Coordination- Provide ongoing support to strengthen the MoHS Oxygen TWG as a coordination platform and build the capacity of relevant MoHS staff to lead the platform; act as secretariat to the TWG, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes and information dissemination to participants and other stakeholders.- Regularly liaise with MoHS units, other government agencies, NGOs, and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access in general and LOX (e.g., drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets)- Systematically track implementation, outputs, measure effectiveness of the project to document and submit bi-monthly and end of project success storiesTraining and Mentoring- Support clinical training and mentoring in oxygen: training planning and implementation, tracking capacity gaps and progress, ensure integration with other CHAI Sierra Leone programs, etc.- Develop guiding and training tools to support capacity strengthening for both BMEs responsible for running and maintaining LOX systems, and health care workers (HCWs) working in critical care services at the pilot facilities- Work with the MoHS and key stakeholders to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for LOX systems to better guide HCW and operations teams within the pilot health facilitiesSupply Chain- Support the MoHS in setting up infrastructure for LOX including facilitating supplier negotiations for LOX, network design for supply chain and return logistics for cylinders and equipment procurement,- Set up a well-functional LOX cylinder filling, retrieval and tracking system- Support national quantification review exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Support development of technical specifications for oxygen technologies, and ensure integration into revision of national donation guidelines- Identify opportunities to introduce inventory management systems and tools for oxygen technologies; develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) as needed- Support integration of reporting and distribution of oxygen technologies into existing routine supply chain systems (e.g., e/LMIS), and support development and updating of oxygen production tracking tools.- Support pilot facilities to monitor usage and control wastage of medical oxygen.- Support pilot facilities to establish a mechanism for scaling up and sustaining LOX use and management- Other responsibilities as needed
- Develop deep relationships based on trust and expertise with key stakeholders from government, donors and partners- Be a thought partner to government agencies at the central and state levels and support in development of programme priorities- Identify areas of opportunities for WJCF to contribute towards strengthening PHS- Engage key donors to disseminate WJCF’s work, shape donor priorities and identify funding opportunities- Identify partners and create opportunities to engage and collaborate on strengthening of PHS and diagnostics- Navigate complex stakeholder landscape to establish WJCF as a partner of choice at central and state level- Manage quality of project deliverables through reviews and providing timely guidance to team members- Prepare and review technical documents, SOPs, manuals etc.- Coordinate with other WJCF teams on cross-cutting areas and identify opportunities to collaborate- Shape WJCFs point of view on PHS in general and areas of One Health and AMR in particular; develop a roadmap to scale-up project activities- Lead development of project proposals and pilot plans- Track project progress regularly and feed into the various reports for the purpose of internal consumption as well as government departments
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
- Support DoHFW, IDSP and SHS in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of public health surveillance and diagnostic scale up initiatives- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support the state functionaries on prioritizing initiatives- Analyse and reconcile data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis of data to draw meaningful insights- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution. Work with WJCF's technical teams and- Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated support program- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Support the state implementing various diagnostics scale up and public health surveillance initiatives under IDSP- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership and state-level stakeholders- Support the development of surveillance and diagnostics related guidelines and policies- Support implementation and achievement of targets under all national programmes- Ensure surveillance of priority diseases through by ensuring timely reporting of cases/events on designated data system(s), weekly analysis of trends, preparation of annual data base for emerging pattern of diseases through collection of data and plan interventions for effective prevention and control of diseases in close coordination with disease elimination/control programmes- Participate and lead monitoring of surveillance activities via District Weekly Reviews- Design and implement strategies for engagement of private sector in disease surveillance and response activities- Monitor state and district level health data including outbreak data to provide periodic adjustments to planned program activities
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following-- Supporting the design, implementation and monitoring of key change management interventions associated with process improvements with an emphasis on addressing barriers to effective performance of the AHD programme- Development of clinical guidelines, training manuals through the knowledge hub and providing training for clinicians on dealing with AHD- Monitoring the implementation of key programme activities and champions process improvement efforts at a national level, ensuring alignment with DoH HIV Directorate objectives and providing feedback regarding performance- Support the introduction of new antiretroviral for line 2/3 treatment by supporting the NDOH with the development of new product roll-out strategies and supporting forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimise wastages and costs- Supporting the design, implementation and monitoring of social mobilisation and demand creation activities aimed at increasing healthy behaviours and demand for advanced HIV disease services and documenting of good practices with a view to scaling-up of these practices- Liaising with key stakeholders within and outside of the government health sector (including non-government institutions, academic institutions, civil society organisations) to strengthen HIV/AIDS treatment by ensuring that they are integrated with other health programmes- Liaising with CHAI global colleagues to obtain relevant information and ensuring that reports are produced and liaising with the donor to ensure alignment between DOH needs and donor requirements- Introduce processes and benchmarks to control and measure the quality of the data in supply chain systems where CHAI is the lead partner- Identifying fundraising opportunities and submitting of bids to enable project/program growth and sustainability- Performing any other duties as requested by the supervisor and person/s delegated by the NDOH
TGF 2023-2025 proposal development support (>80%)- Provide coordination support within CHAI health workforce team and across other CHAI teams, including:- Develop and manage coordination and communication platforms (including via MS Teams, Outlook, and Asana)- Track requests for information/support from country teams and flag to relevant CHAI program teams and TGF contacts for response- Follow up on requests for information and track frequently asked questions to share in coordination platforms- Monitor and review TGF central technical guidance and application process updates- Assist with distillation, development, and dissemination of technical and advocacy materials to be shared through internal CHAI coordination structures for onward sharing with government counterparts- Collate and organize internal knowledge management platform (Box, Asana) for TGF materials including past TGF application materials, current guidance documents, RSSH and HRH assessment tools and documentations, national strategic plans- Share best practices and approach across CHAI country teams via learning webinars and individual coordination touchpoints and calls- Coordinate scheduling of calls for program and country teams including the health workforce team and RSSH working group- Support development of TGF application support workplans and monitor implementation across CHAI teams, providing reminders of major milestones to relevant teams as needed and identifying potential bottlenecks in implementation and opportunities to draw on effort from other staff- Where requested, provide technical support on TGF applications in support of CHAI teams Ministries of Health- Assist in adaption of relevant technical guidance materials on health workforce, community health and health system strengthening interventions to the country-specific context- Develop activity costings, conduct background research on priority interventions and provide consolidated evidence- Support in drafting, review, and copy-editing of draft presentations, proposal narratives, and budgets, providing comments and recommendations for clarityResource mobilization for Rwanda National Strategy for Health Professions Development (<20%)- Provide support to priority health workforce assessments, including- Update existing Microsoft Excel tools including target setting and pipeline models to update estimates for national workforce targets for medical, nursing, and allied health professionals- Support evaluations across dynamic project; assist in developing concept notes, evaluation tools- Conduct desk review of funders for implementation of NSHPD, assist with the development pitch materials linked to government priorities- Develop template excel- and word-based costing tools to support assessments and review and standardize formats of existing documentationDevelop template tools and resources to support project management, including templates for workplans, basic costing, concept notes, and proposals
Provide strategic, technical, and programmatic support to CHAI’s diagnostics programs across Asia-Pacific countries:- Work closely with country teams to develop their diagnostics strategy and workplans, aligned with global CHAI diagnostics strategy and country-specific needs- Provide day-to-day thought partnership and technical guidance to country programs on topics such as diagnostics-related national policies, procurement and supply chain management, healthcare worker trainings, data management, etc- Develop high quality deliverables to support countries’ programmatic objectives, including presentations, concept notes, tools, and models- Collect, consolidate, and share lessons learned and best practices (strategies, tools, and experience) across country programs to maximize impact of learnings- ~20-30% international travel may be required, majority of which is expected to be within the Asia-Pacific regionSupport regional diagnostics-related initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region:- Work closely with and strengthen a regional diagnostics body that is focused on south-to south knowledge sharing and capacity building amongst countries in the region- Support other regional initiatives such as the Asia-Pacific Diagnostics Consortium, as neededDrive cross-cutting global work streams, projects, and communications:- Lead the drafting of grant reports and presentations, concept notes and fundraising proposals- Contribute to CHAI’s global diagnostics strategy development efforts- Support development and implementation of special projects to further global impact