Click column header to sort
- Maintain an up to date understanding of CHAI’s global operations, risks, and compliance requirements, and International auditing standards- Assess adequacy of governance, risk management processes, internal controls, compliance with regulation and policies- Influence positive change, add value to CHAI’s operations and share best practices- Plan and conduct financial, operational and compliance audit engagements (scopes, programs, testing) of CHAI country offices, global programs, and operational units- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance policies and procedures and host countries regulations- Write clear and concise internal audit findings into reports format reflecting the results of the work performed- Provide value added recommendations that are applicable to specific business processes, country offices and programs- Review and validate implementation of management corrective actions and prepare quarterly reports on the status of corrective actions.- Raise awareness of the internal audit function and improve communication and collaboration with management and governance- Partner with management to identify risks and improve visibility of high risks for leadership- Conduct trainings on internal controls, compliance, risk management and governance- Promote awareness of fraud risks and red flags, and promote controls to deter and mitigate fraud risks- Assist with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee- Manage out sourced internal audits with consultants- Develop processes and analytical tools to improve efficiency of the Internal Audit activity. Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.- Maintain risk registers and control matrices- Organize and maintain clear and well organized work papers- Conduct fact finding reviews and investigate allegations of financial misappropriations- Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Director, Internal Audit
- Oversee a team of direct and indirect reports which manages the execution of day-to-day HR administration and transactions, HR record-keeping, global benefits, US labor compliance and immigration, and other general employee and manager support; including but not limited to:- Collaborating with CHAI Payroll to implement salary and other payroll changes- Leading Global HR’s relationship with Global Payroll to ensure timely, complete and accurate processing of biweekly and monthly payroll changes and resolution of complex HR/Payroll issues- Onboarding and off-boarding, data-entry, benefits enrollments, employment contract management, employment verifications and visa letters, etc.- Managing the strategic and day-to-day administration of CHAI’s international and US-based benefits packages, and advising on local benefits plans as needed- Managing US immigration processes and record-keeping, with support from external counsel- Leading audit compliance efforts for HR Operations (e.g. donor, external and internal audits), including record-keeping, reporting, and responding to audit question- Lead strategic and day-to-day HR compliance efforts for CHAI’s US operations at the federal, state, and local levels, maintaining in depth knowledge of employment-related legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance (includes statutory reporting, record-keeping, etc.), and proactively staying up to date on legal and regulatory changesResolve complex employee compliance and/or operational issues during the recruitment offer stage and/or throughout the employee life cycle, and liaise with CHAI leaders as needed- Review and approve all new employment contracts and renewals for CHAI Inc. and non-program country employees for levels 7 and below; review only for levels 8+- Lead the strategy and execution of comprehensive, polished communications related to HR operations and compliance matters, including:- Creating policy, process and guidance documents for HR colleagues, employees, managers and CHAI leadership- Drafting written notifications to impacted parties regarding changes and updates in laws, benefits and/or policies as well as resolution of compliance matters- Manage relationships with internal and external partners (e.g. external legal counsel and vendors) as it relates to HR operations and compliance- Proactively provide training and coaching to other HR colleagues on HR operational processes, benefits, and employment-related compliance requirements and best practices- Support program and non-program countries with operational and compliance matters- Independently manage medium to large complex projects, including managing deadlines, communication, record-keeping, and collaborating with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure timely and successful completion of deliverables- Miscellaneous administrative duties related to HR operations support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, document storage, etc.- Travel internationally as needed- Perform other duties, as assigned
In support to Country Director (CD), Deputy Country Director (DCD) (Senior Leadership Team) & Associate Director Business Management, Operations and Finance (AD-BOF):- Consolidated monthly financial Reports, inclusive of insightful commentary.- Cash flow forecasting & availability of funds management, inclusive of insightful commentary.- Hands on monitoring & implementation of donor agreements & resource utilization.- First support for all financial aspects, including budget development for new proposals.- Consolidation of program budgets and re-forecasts, inclusive of insightful commentary for AD-BOF’s decision-making.- Hands on preparation of annual accounts, taxation statements, co-ordination of Statutory Audit.- Assurance of (in country) compliance with CHAI’s Global Finance & Procurement policies, based on guidance from AD-BOF.- Continuous improvement of internal accounting & financial control procedures.- Oversight & enforcement of (in country) procurement and financial delegations’ controls.- Treasury management - proactively managing foreign exchange needs, reporting gains/losses.- Technical guidance on professional accounting requirements.- Under the supervision of AD-BOF, ensure maintenance of Finance Operations Manual (proposal of updates of financial controls / procedures).- Supports in the Financial risk management identification & mitigation.In support to Programs: - Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing quality control and monitoring, financial accounting, and reporting, workplan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring, while liaising with relevant Program Associate Directors and their respective team members.- Coordination of preliminary and final financial Reports, to obtain insightful commentary.- Hands on effective support/guidance in preparation of program, project, budgeting/re-forecasting requirements.- Training to ensure budget holders understand their responsibilities, providing a rapid response to any training needs.- Timely production of budget variance reports and resolution of queries, and accurate completion of financial reports for grants, contracts, estimated fund requests.- Ensure expenditures are in line with the approved activities and within the timeframe and that all expenditures are properly accounted (within authorized levels) and quarterly reported.- Monitor and ensure compliance by Program teams with donor funding criteria and CHAI internal policies and procedures.- Adequate & timely provision of cashflow requirements for project activities.In support to Human Resources:- Assist the AD-BOF in maintaining equitable staff compensation policies and practices within approved budget and donor requirements.- Participates to preparation and implementation of the work plan and budget to ensure compatibility with priorities and objectives and advise the AD-BOF and Senior Leadership Team on the most effective use of resources.In support to AD-BOF for Donors and HQ:- Support AD-BOF for timely submission of reporting obligations, actual, budget, re-forecast, inclusive of variance analysis with insightful commentary.- Timely preparation of donor reporting obligations for AD-BOF’s review and submission.- Proactive financial management responsiveness to the internal and external compliance & audit requirements of Donor funds, ensuring compliance mechanisms are fully built into & enabled within project operations.- Timely submission of donor reporting obligations.- Conduct analysis to ensure accurate funding allocation as well as actual vs planned variance analysis reporting.General Administration, team building, and mentorship:- Ensure direct Reporting and supervision of finance staff (Senior Accountant and Finance Assistant), and guidance for Program Assistants.- Define expectations and provide clear leadership and technical support as needed to their Unit’s staff.- Conduct first layer oversight of timely financial records management.- Other responsibilities as needed.
The Senior Associate will be part of CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines team, working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global oxygen supply and prices. The Senior Associate will report into the Global Essential Medicines team and work closely with CHAI’s country teams in more than 15 countries and other cross-cutting teams such as the Global Markets team. Country level support: - Conduct robust quantifications of national oxygen need and production capacities based on various data sources (e.g., health facility assessments, DHIS2, medical equipment inventory), - Develop cost estimates to inform domestic and external resources mobilization (e.g., Global Fund proposals) - Lead development of equipment and funding gap analyzes based on cost estimates and the outputs of the quantifications - Use sensitivity analyzes and develop scenarios (e.g., bed occupancy rates, COVID-19 patients’ numbers) to generate awareness among national stakeholder about the level of uncertainty surrounding these estimates - Leverage GIS data and quantification outputs to make recommendations on oxygen production, storage and distribution infrastructure placement (e.g., PSA plant, VIE tanks, oxygen piping) - Lead preparations of presentations, business cases, executive briefing and other analyses to inform key decision-makers about the relevant supply mix and operating models (e.g., Public-Private-Partnerships) to scale up access to oxygen - At the request of the country teams, participate in and provide technical input during meetings with local stakeholder (e.g., central and local health authorities, health partners, donors) - Develop a strong understanding of national healthcare systems and dynamics, funding mechanism, supply chains, local public and private players, and anticipate new trends that may influence the oxygen access environment - Train and mentor key staff members of CHAI’s country teams on oxygen need quantification and costing methods Global level support: - Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries to support supplier and donor engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies) - Continuously maintain and update a database of cost estimates and market prices for oxygen-related equipment, devices and products - Assist with markets landscaping through market analysis, collating of market intelligence, and conducting research for price negotiations to support the Global Markets team - Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents- Support the development of concept notes and new projects, and contribute to proposal development Global goods creation: - Proactively identify gaps in tools & global resources (e.g., quantification and costing tool, financial modeling), and develop such resources with inputs from end-users - Work in close collaboration with global stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, WHO, PATH) to support the creation and updating of ‘global goods’ resources (e.g., UNICEF’s oxygen system planning tool)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with government and private sector stakeholders.- Manage staff and coordinate all work areas. This will likely include:- Oversee landscape review of private and public laboratory services with the creation of data collection tools and questionnaire.- Conduct the analysis to determine strength, weaknesses, constraints of the system to propose solutions.- Conduct the study of PPP regulations and experiences.- Manage assessment of the financing system and resources that supports diagnostics networks, from commodity procurement to service delivery at facilities and in communities.- Provide strategic input into policy documents including but not limited to national laboratory policies and strategic plans, quality improvement plans as required.- Represent CHAI in relevant forums and technical working groups.- Manage project resources according to CHAI policies and procedures.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Soutenir l'examen du paysage des services de laboratoire privés et publics par la création d'outils de collecte de données et analyser le volume, le coût et la portée des services existants- Concevoir des options pour les PPP de laboratoires qui répondent aux priorités du gouvernement du Burkina Faso - cela comprendra la définition de la portée du PPP et l'estimation du coût et de l'impact. Ceci peut couvrir, mais n'est pas limitéà :- Soutenir l'engagement avec les entreprises privées au Burkina Faso pour évaluer efficacement leurs coûts, conseiller sur les besoins du Burkina Faso en matière de prestation de services de laboratoire, et déterminer le rôle approprié dans une option de PPP.- Soutenir les organes du gouvernement du Burkina Faso pour compléter le processus d'examen, de finalisation et d'approbation du PPP (par exemple, les études de préfaisabilité et de faisabilité complète).- Analyser la viabilité financière, la durabilité technique et les options d'accessibilité financière des modèles de PPP proposés.- Effectuer des évaluations régulières des ressources et des lacunes du réseau et suivre les étapes clés de l'étude de faisabilité pour s'assurer qu'elles constituent la base des décisions de gestion.- Soutenir le ministère de la Santé, le ministère des Finances et les départements et agences concernés dans toutes les activités liées à l'analyse, à l'élaboration des documents d'appel d'offres, à la négociation des contrats et à la mise en œuvre des modèles pilotés par le secteur privé.- Soutenir la cartographie des paramètres politiques/législatifs/logistiques des PPP et élaborer des recommandations stratégiques et techniques pour l'extension du projet.- Autres responsabilités selon les besoins
Day to day financial accounting- Review financial transactions to ensure accuracy of information and compliance;- Make payments, such as reimbursements, cash advances, and direct transfers to vendors on time;- Ensure financial vouchers have sufficient supporting documentation;- Make sure health insurance tracking records of staff members are correct and reconciled;- Oversee the finance and admin assistant to ensure that information print outs from QuickBooks is reconciled against vouchers on a weekly basis;- Manage the daily cashbook closeout proceduresFinancial Management- Lead in the monthly close processes;- Reconcile monthly cash on hand and bank account balances;- Conduct aging analysis of all accounts;- Review accounting transactions to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with policies and procedures;- Prepare monthly preliminary and final financial statements for country program;- Analyze monthly variances to budget;- Review adjustment entries;- Use Grant Tracking and Preliminary report tool to coordinate with Program Managers in following up their monthly internal cash forecast, and measure project budget variance;- Lead in the monitoring of financial activities for all programs and prepare expenditure reports for program managers as needed;- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements that relate to various fund types and account groups;- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with program managers/staff members;- Lead in the preparation of organizational annual budgets and periodic reforecasts;- Assist in preparing donor budget proposals as needed- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements if needed.Grant and Partnership Management- Review all Donation Letters, Independent Contractor Agreements and Memoranda of Agreement from financial management perspective prior to signing with partners/contractors; suggest any points of negotiation and analyses the impact;- Create tracking system to monitor the progress of new agreements with partners and be responsible for record-keeping;- Develop grants tracking to monitor existing partners’ performance and compliance;- Make regular visits to partners’ offices, to monitor their financial management system and to verify their payments;- Review and analyze grant expenses and variances in consultation with supervisor to advise the partner on expenditure trends and potential issues;- Ensure that donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes of the partners;- Build relations with focal person and build a trusting partnership with partner organizations.- Keep the Country Representative informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps with the respective Partners;Statutory and Regulatory Compliance- Coordinate with auditors for annual audits and coordinate donor audits;- Maintain banking relationships;- Work closely with the attorneys for labor laws and other legal matters.
- Lead and manage overall execution of Cameroon vaccines program strategy including the development of assessments, budgets, training materials and other program materials according to work plan.- Provide strategic and technical leadership for the country vaccines program as agreed with donors and Ministry of Health- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the program work streams and oversee performance against work plans and budgets- Serve as the primary point person to the national EPI program- Maintain and build strong working relationships with EPI, MOH and key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, to leverage opportunities for synergies and enhance program impact- Produce high-quality reports for donors and government counterparts, ensuring the appropriate data is collected during project periods to support adequate reporting.- Manage the vaccines team on a day-to-day basis including activity planning: provide feedback, and encourage innovative, sound approaches to achieving program results.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team to enlist support, capture emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards- Take a leading role in strategic orientations for future program development- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices- Performance-manage the overall vaccine program delivery-taking corrective measures where necessary. Overseeing the development of the activities and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding best programme management standards.- Perform other tasks as necessary, including but not limited to oversee other programs.
Countries supported under this portfolio include Kenya, Uganda, and Ethiopia, amongst others.Responsibilities shall include:- Provide high-value strategic and programmatic support to design and implement in-country vaccine supply chain initiatives in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide critical input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management, assessing opportunities to integrate supply chains, and supporting implementation and use of data management technology/tools/systems.- Lead development, dissemination & use of lessons learned, tools, and other know-how.- Inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and become a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus.- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights as appropriate.- Support the strategy and development of CHAI's vaccines supply chain program(s)- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging institutional knowledge.- Support program and grant management- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management.- Other responsibilities as needed.