Click column header to sort
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key elements and building-blocks of the ABDM ecosystem and leverage this understanding to drive the business-process strengthening initiative.- Identify, analyze, and highlight vulnerabilities, gaps, or areas for improvement in key business processes by:- Leveraging data and insights from ABDM’s pilot phase to pinpoint bottlenecks- Planning and executing strategic field visits to key healthcare providers or other collaborating entities to assess the uptake of ABDM systems and compliance of related business processes.- Leading knowledge-sharing and brainstorming sessions across teams and stakeholders to derive strategies to strengthen business processes across the ABDM ecosystem- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to enable effective programmatic decision making by training the implementation teams at both state and national levels.- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day-to-day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the ABDM.- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc. as per guidance from NHA leadership.- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key elements and building-blocks of the ABDM ecosystem and leverage this understanding to drive adoption of ABDM across stakeholders in India’s healthcare ecosystem.- Identify opportunities and strategize plans to interest and onboard Healthcare Service Providers, Hospitals, Healthcare Software vendors or other such entities by leveraging the ABDM Sandbox environment.- - Develop and execute onboarding plans for these integrating entities based on factors such as volume of user-base of entity and ease of technical and functional integration with the ABDM.Leverage institutional knowledge from NHA and CHAI ecosystems to fast-track integrations and subsequent expansion of the ABDM ecosystem by mediating cross-functional knowledge-sharing sessions and acting as a catalyst in the required capacity.- Drive initiatives to strengthen and leverage the use of ABDM created registries at appropriate level to create single source of truth in respect of clinical establishments, healthcare professionals, health workers, drugs, and pharmacies- Improve uptake of ABDM among citizens by identifying levers that can be utilized to build citizen-engagement, specifically by analyzing approaches taken during the pilot phase and the obstacles faced.- Draft and review consultation papers, policy briefs, press releases and other such documents for the NHA as per the guidance of NHA leadership- Support the team with identification of the right KPIs and building of monitoring dashboards to enable effective programmatic decision making by training the implementation teams at both state and national levels- Build capacity within government for evidence-based management, including through day-to-day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings to key stakeholders at the national and sub-national level on various aspects of the ABDM.- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc. as per guidance from NHA leadership.- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors, and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
The Senior Associate will be part of CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines team, working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global oxygen supply and prices. The Senior Associate will report into the Global Essential Medicines team and work closely with CHAI’s country teams in more than 15 countries and other cross-cutting teams such as the Global Markets team. Country level support: - Conduct robust quantifications of national oxygen need and production capacities based on various data sources (e.g., health facility assessments, DHIS2, medical equipment inventory), - Develop cost estimates to inform domestic and external resources mobilization (e.g., Global Fund proposals) - Lead development of equipment and funding gap analyzes based on cost estimates and the outputs of the quantifications - Use sensitivity analyzes and develop scenarios (e.g., bed occupancy rates, COVID-19 patients’ numbers) to generate awareness among national stakeholder about the level of uncertainty surrounding these estimates - Leverage GIS data and quantification outputs to make recommendations on oxygen production, storage and distribution infrastructure placement (e.g., PSA plant, VIE tanks, oxygen piping) - Lead preparations of presentations, business cases, executive briefing and other analyses to inform key decision-makers about the relevant supply mix and operating models (e.g., Public-Private-Partnerships) to scale up access to oxygen - At the request of the country teams, participate in and provide technical input during meetings with local stakeholder (e.g., central and local health authorities, health partners, donors) - Develop a strong understanding of national healthcare systems and dynamics, funding mechanism, supply chains, local public and private players, and anticipate new trends that may influence the oxygen access environment - Train and mentor key staff members of CHAI’s country teams on oxygen need quantification and costing methods Global level support: - Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries to support supplier and donor engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies) - Continuously maintain and update a database of cost estimates and market prices for oxygen-related equipment, devices and products - Assist with markets landscaping through market analysis, collating of market intelligence, and conducting research for price negotiations to support the Global Markets team - Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents- Support the development of concept notes and new projects, and contribute to proposal development Global goods creation: - Proactively identify gaps in tools & global resources (e.g., quantification and costing tool, financial modeling), and develop such resources with inputs from end-users - Work in close collaboration with global stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, WHO, PATH) to support the creation and updating of ‘global goods’ resources (e.g., UNICEF’s oxygen system planning tool)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
- Assist in development and scale up of new data systems/platforms and service tracking mechanisms, as required to support evidence-based decision making.- Help the team in crafting design and in building scale up plan for identified Immunization coverage improvement initiatives/activities.- Assist in development of training collaterals and in organizing trainings for activities/interventions to scaled up across the state.- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies and coordinate with government officials for sustained ownership and delivery.- Provide support to the team in building strong tracking mechanism for project activities’ implementation monitoring.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the program leadership.
- Assist APLMA (Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance Secretariat) and NVBDCP in planning and conceptualizing a successful SOM (Senior Officials Meeting) in 2022.- Strengthen engagement and inter-sector coordination across stakeholders (MoHFW, WHO, NVBDCP, NGO partners, and APLMA) for multi coordinated response.- Review and analyse the current guidelines and SoPs to improve malaria surveillance and response mechanisms (case management, foci management, SBCC, vector control etc.) in India.- Deploy comprehensive surveillance systems alongside India Health Fund and develop output dashboards for data driven identification of malaria hot spots.- Develop accountability and governance mechanisms to guide and enforce routine data review. Monitor targets under NFME 2016-30 and NSP, 2017-22 (15 states scheduled for elimination in 2020).- Outbreak management and support the districts for prevention and control activities.- Periodically track the progress and support the State/Districts reporting an API of less than 1 case per 1000 population to sustain the elimination efforts.- Update surveillance data and review the monitoring and evaluation formats as per elimination mode targets- Analyse, synthesize, and present state/district-level malaria surveillance data to NVBDCP Director and malaria division and identify state/district-level operational challenges for malaria and propose potential solutions.- Program management capacity building of state/ district level malaria program managers.- Develop accountability and governance mechanisms to guide and enforce routine data review.- Support Communication & Social & Behavioural Sciences (CSBS) Specialist in developing IEC/BCC Campaigns as needed.- Support NVBDCP Director in developing material (policy briefs, presentations, etc.) advocating for need for improved surveillance in India.- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the state and national level malaria and other VBD stakeholders.- Engage with local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations.- Work with global and in-country leadership at MoHFW, NVBDCP and WHO to identify newer areas for operational research in malaria.- Support NVBDCP in steering partnerships by building new partnerships with medical colleges and academic institutes such as Indian Council of Medical Research to improve sustainability and capacity.- Other tasks as deemed necessary by NVBDCP Director, malaria division and Team Lead, TSU.
- Identify challenges related to implementation of current SBC activities of National Malaria Strategic Plan.- Support development/revision of malaria SBC strategy and implementation plan (including community-based and social intervention approaches) at state and district level. This will include developing targeted strategies for high endemic areas and hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups such as tribal, rural, and migrant populations.- Responsible for assessing the existing demand generation activities to accelerate or strengthen the delivery of malaria interventions such as diagnosis, referrals, treatment, LLIN distribution, personal protection, and other vector control activities.- Develop capacity building strategy/ material/ package for state VBDCPs and community level stakeholders.- Support in developing briefs on SBC strategies and its impact on accelerating the malaria elimination- Support NVBDCP communications team in developing media coverage strategies and media plans, including for national and local media, for the malaria program.- Conduct ongoing background research on global and regional best practices, create a repository of resources to sustain knowledge management, and prepare and provide regular technical updates on cutting edge SBCC practices.- Develop detailed monitoring and evaluation mechanism for community SBC at state and district level.- Other tasks as deemed necessary by NVBDCP Director and Team Lead, TSU.
- Map laboratory resources, conduct baseline assessments to develop strategies (vis-a-vis malaria and other vector-borne diseases) for strengthen public health laboratories’ infrastructure.- Review and ensure that appropriate SOPs and guidelines are developed, updated, and implemented for: laboratory techniques; biomedical waste management; and procurement of laboratory equipment and consumable items.- Support NVBDCP Director and malaria division in developing policy briefs, presentations, etc. advocating for need for improved laboratory infrastructure and capacity in India.- Assist NVBDCP in establishing National and Regional reference labs for malaria surveillance.- Liaise with the National office, MoHFW, WHO and other stakeholders for strengthening malaria lab systems and surveillance.- Organize multi-stakeholder meetings at national, state, and district levels to deliberate action on laboratory strengthening.- Support capacity building of laboratory technicians and assistants including a) periodically assessing training needs; and b) organizing relevant training programs with support from key stakeholders.- Make visits to laboratories and recommend improvements.- Support NVBDCP and State VBDCP to strengthen malaria surveillance and reporting; improve data-driven decision-making and enhance private health sector reporting of malaria and sensitizing private providers on correct diagnostic practices.- Participate in select epidemic investigations as member of Rapid Response Team.- Carry out Internal Quality Assurance of laboratories and monitor implementation of External Quality Assurance.- Perform any other work assigned by the NVBDCP and TSU to strengthen the labs in the regional and state levels.
The proposed scope of work will include the following activities:- Support NVHCP in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for Hepatitis elimination.- Identify key bottlenecks towards achievement of National and state goals for overall management of Hepatitis in the country.- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with NVHCP and other relevant stakeholders.- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share, pricing timelines for product development and manufacturing, quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies.- Under guidance of NVHCP continue to support and upgrade M&E systems developed and work with the National Digital Health Mission towards integration of the M&E system.- Contribute towards strengthening of the upcoming supply chain management system.- Analyse market trends, develop demand forecasts, and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services in special context to Hepatitis for the NVHCP and state programs.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Closely work with MP state RI cell and health leadership to ensure state level preparedness, planning and monitoring support for various coverage and delivery aspects for COVID-19 vaccine introduction- Support GoMP state RI cell/National Health Mission in planning and executing regular program reviews with districts including action planning and follow-up- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Support GoMP/RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoMP priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Build effective and functional relationships with immunization partners in the state to identify synergies- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell and Health leadership to monitor COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign, and routine immunization strengthening- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership, and travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.