Click column header to sort
Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:- Support the development and refinement of the Oxygen program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Support Ministry of Health to ensure continuous availability of oxygen and necessary delivery systems in hospitals at all levels- Support the Ministry of Health to prepare for and deliver report and meetings necessary to the project as part of the capacity building of government staffs- Closely support other MOH departments in planning and implementation of activities highlighted in the National Oxygen Roadmap- Collaborate with internal CHAI teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teams- Leverage quantitative tools and platforms to conduct qualitative and quantitative exercises to ensure the availability, deliverability and accessibility to Oxygen in targeted facilities- Prepare analysis and build tools to support Oxygen investment case and refine the roadmap for Lao PDR when necessary- Manage ongoing and aupcoming procurement activities and lead communication and coordination with external partners, suppliers and vendors as necessary- Establish collaborative relationships with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders- Support the team’s administrative tasks and other responsibilities as assigned by the manager- Manage daily tasks and responsibilities of other team members – Program Officer and Logistics Analyst
Rwanda health workforce priorities (~80%)- Develop new funding proposals and concept note narratives/presentations for the government to submit to targeted multi-lateral donors/bilateral donors/private foundations based on national health workforce strategies/plans- Scope new potential funders and develop engagement strategies and plans for the government of Rwanda; with particular focus on advising government on funder relationship and pitch development- Routinely update resource mobilization strategy for National Strategy for Health Professions Development and other priority government projects and support their implementation.- Conduct excel-based analyses of workforce staffing targets, training pipelines, and operational and intervention costing- Provide technical support to beginning phase of implementation for new priority health workforce projects, in support of the Government of Rwanda.- Engage with government stakeholders funding partners to advise on development of new funding opportunities through launch of implementation- Coordinate routine funding planning meetings and strategy sessions, developing meeting agendas/minutes and following up on tasks- Provide additional technical backstopping on priority health workforce projects as needed.Cross-country resource mobilization (~20%)- Contribute the development and implementation of an engagement strategy for potential funding agencies and technical partners.- Develop presentations, briefs, and other dissemination materials to advocate for investment in health workforce, including the health workforce investment case.- Assist with internal team knowledge management and organization particularly for resource mobilization, including management of the CHAI health workforce funder database.
Surveillance and Malaria Information System- Engage closely with CNM, other implementing partners – PMI, WHO, and regional/local CHAI teams to update the malaria surveillance guidelines and ensure the high quality of surveillance training delivered to the sub-national level;- Collaboratively work with CNM and WHO to implement the WHO surveillance assessment, identifying strengths and weaknesses of surveillance systems/processes and developing recommendations for updating surveillance guidelines and processes;- Provide technical support and coordination to the CNM-MIS team in upgrading the MIS system to enable efficient data capture from points of care, follow up with end-users to understand challenges around uploading electronic information, and troubleshoot, as required;- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of malaria data entered into the MIS system and operationalization of the surveillance guidelines, including providing support for other built-in application in the MIS such as Pv. radical cure, VWM quality assurance (QA), and Integrated Drug Efficacy Studies (iDES);- Proactively collect constructive feedback from MIS users and plan with the MIS team on improving the MIS system – identify potential challenges and roadblocks and developing contingency plansData Review and Visualization- Actively provide technical support to national and subnational CNM staff in capacity building on analyzing surveillance, case management, and iDES data to improve program implementation including preparing presentations, posters, and/or journals;- Conduct routine data review meetings by quantitative analysis of malaria trends, coverage, and impact at national and subnational levels to ensure high levels of data quality, document key recommendations, and create plans to address gaps;- Facilitate proactively with the CNM-MIS team to develop and improve the MIS Dashboards and data visualization tools;Strategic Guidance and Stakeholder Engagement- Serve as an active focal person for the CHAI country team to coordinate actively with WHO, other implementing partners, and the CHAI regional team to develop guidance and tools for malaria certification preparation, including subnational verification processes;- Proactively coordinate with WHO to develop a comprehensive plan for malaria prevention of re-establishment;- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Support establishing CHAI operations in the focus province.- Work together with the PSM team and province MOH team to identify and define the strategy for the province, developing and clear operations plan for executions.- Support the province MOH team to work with PFDU to ensure the nutrition commodities are integrated into the food and drug unit at each level across eLMIS and the system.- Support the provincial team to ensure the nutrition commodities have the ability to supply to all health facilities in Attapeu province.- Develops agendas, budget, training material and logistics. Travel schedule for a meeting within the focus province.- Support province staff to conduct routine monthly data analysis, target interventions, and responding to service gaps.lead initials gap in service delivery and strengthen Nutrition access to CN service within the province.- Prepare a compelling presentation for program updates and reports in English and Lao.- Collaborate with the government to ensure skills transfer to government ownership.- Develop strong working relationships with government stakeholders, internal partners, donors and INGOs. And ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort with the local province.- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact within the local province.
- Oversee the various workstreams in the global cancer programs, ensuring alignment with CHAI strategy and delivering for results- Seek out and develop new partnerships and potential sources of funding- Maintain external relationships with existing partners and donors- Oversee implementation of the current grant portfolio, ensuring delivery against targets and appropriate reporting and communications- Oversee a set of operational research projects, ensuring alignment with relevant ethical standards, programmatic objectives, and research quality- Provide senior level support to CHAI country leadership to advance key strategic priorities with Ministries of Health, such as increasing budget allocations for cancer medicines- Represent CHAI’s cancer program in external forums, to encourage movement towards evidence-based approaches that build on CHAI’s experience- Manage a high performing global team and support their professional development- Liaise with expert teams and relevant program teams across CHAI to strengthen program design and delivery- Oversee research, ideation, and concept development for new aspects of the program aligned to government priorities and programmatic need- Oversee the quality of proposals and technical deliverables- Represent the program to CHAI’s senior leadership- Lead the communication and advocacy agenda, including identifying opportunities for sector influence and leadership towards transformational change
- Working closely with stakeholders at NHA to design and implement an effective communication strategy for creating awareness about ABDM and onboarding healthcare professionals on HPR.- Supporting key NHA and state-level ABDM officials to identify and participate in medical conferences, workshops, and CME sessions to convey benefits of becoming a part of the ABDM ecosystem.- Regularly hosting webinars and conducting in-person workshops, in partnership with NHA’s HPR team, to conduct live demonstrations for HPR registration process and resolve queries raised by the participants.- Engaging professional bodies and associations of healthcare professionals to leverage their existing communication channels (sessions, newsletters, magazines, blogposts, and such others) for spreading awareness about ABDM among their members.- Working closely with communication and research partners to sharpen the articulation and methods of conveying the value proposition of ABDM to healthcare professionals.- Systematically monitoring progress, documenting, and distilling insights and reporting them to key stakeholders, as needed.- Exploring other innovative ways to reach out and engage healthcare professionals to enable them to participate in India’s digital health journey.
- Provide overall coordination support in the implementation of CHAI program activities; facilitate communication among country team members, knowledge management, work planning, and communication with CHAI global teams.- Drive internal strategic planning and oversee the implementation of the program’s work plans, program operations, and the administration of grant funding including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting progress to global teams and donors.- Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning, proposal development for fundraising opportunities as needed.- Lead the drafting of high-quality technical documents, including but not limited to presentations, training reports, briefing notes, budgets, and national guidelines.- Lead in the development of innovative approaches and tools, as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices.- Play a leadership role within the CHAI PNG office, reporting progress and escalating issues to the Country Manager on a regular basis and providing visibility of program work for the broader office.- Liaise and build strong working relationships with various NDOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations, in order to avoid duplication of efforts and enhance health sector collaboration.- Provide secretariat support to various NDOH technical working groups, including developing agendas, presentations, meeting minutes, and be comfortable facilitating high-quality TWG sessions where needed.- Act as a facilitator for key relationships between governmental, donor entities, non-governmental organizations and health service delivery points.- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts based on national roadmaps and strategies relevant to CHAI programs, including drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, and budgets.- Support routine program monitoring & evaluation activities and donor reporting,- Manage a team of highly skilled and experienced members, as well as manage technical resources to deliver programmatic activities and ensure optimal delivery including identifying and articulating further resourcing needs and leading recruitment of additional resources.- Be a role model and team player who demonstrates exceptionally high performance and harness the same from a diverse, talented, and dynamic team.- Proactively identify and address programmatic, team management and performance management matters that arise.- Promote effective communication within the program in order to ensure well-coordinated workstreams within the country office.- Work with the Country management team to refine CHAI PNG overall strategy with a focus on key program areas that are aligned with the NDOH goals.- Any other duties as assigned by the Country Manager.
1. New Program Design and proposal development- Scoping for potential new programs in areas of high need for Cambodia where CHAI Cambodia is not already operating; for instance, Cancer, Mental Health, School Health, Health Workforce, Health Financing, etc., in partnership with the relevant Senior Program Manager.- Develop a thorough understanding of the health landscape in Cambodia and the Ministry of Health’s key priorities, conduct landscape analysis by monitoring disease trends and developments in the Cambodian health system to understand how CHAI can best contribute to addressing identified bottlenecks.- Research technical content of prospective program areas and technical and clinical best practices through communicating with CHAI global teams and external experts, performing scientific literature reviews, etc.- Identify current partner activity in the country, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to identify gaps and potential areas of collaboration.- Carry out program design and develop theory of change, including quantitative aspects.- Scoping for areas where CHAI Cambodia is already working in the specific health area (e.g. HIV, TB, malaria, maternal and child health, NCD, etc.): Work closely with the relevant CHAI Cambodia Program Manager to understand how the proposed new project would best achieve additional impact and complement existing efforts.- Lead new project development and resource mobilization efforts, including drafting concept notes and proposals, etc.- Build the skills of CHAI Cambodia Program Managers and senior associates on impact-driven writing and proposal drafting, through coaching sessions and 1-1 interactions.- Track potential donors and their areas of interest to match with areas of highest impact in-country- For new health areas, interface with government and partners as required.2. Ensure strong new program start up and operationalization.- For projects starting in the office after successful proposal writing, act as a temporary program manager whilst the permanent program manager is being hired/onboarded.- This may include supporting initial discussions with the government, partners, refining the scope of work from the approved proposed, agreeing a workplan, MOA and monitoring framework.- Once the team is hired, continue to provide decreasing levels of support until the project is able to function independently.3. Support health system strengthening initiatives for CHAI Cambodia.- Engage in cross-office strategic thinking to strengthen our understanding of Cambodia’s “horizontal” health systems which impact all programs, e.g. procurement, supply chain, health financing, health data management, etc.- Identify links between CHAI programs and proactively identify opportunities to strengthen CHAI’s support to the Ministry of Health for greater health impact. 4. Ad hoc support to Ministry of Health or CHAI programs.- Upon request for CHAI support from the Ministry of Health, support strategic pieces of work to develop cross-cutting policies, national strategies, or costed budgets (e.g. related to primary health care, digital health, community health workforce, decentralization, non-communicable diseases, etc.)- Support Program Managers on key deliverables and ad-hoc requests, as needed (e.g. support to analyzing the results of the oxygen assessment, M&E).
Project management- Support NMCHC to provide management and technical support to PHD, OD, and HC staff to conduct coaching to providers.- Build cooperation between CHAI, NMCHC and each provincial health department, Operational districts and Health facilities to strengthening the family planning and safe abortion program.- Work with CHAI colleagues to implement a comprehensive, feasible M&E framework for CHAI’s SRH program with NMCHC.- Project technical support and capacity building on M&E including service dashboard, project coaching, data audit and training database to NMCHC, PHD and OD and HC.- Take a lead to initiate the supply chain management, especially to build the MA commodity security plan at the provincial or OD level to respond to the needs of each health facility.- Provide technical assistance as part of a national referral hospital mentorship program, through mentoring sessions, supervisory visits, training workshops, etc.- Work with NMCHC team to conduct effectiveness and efficiency program training at both national and sub-national such as Introduce new training and provide refresher training to facility-based health workers to provide comprehensive abortion care (CAC) post-abortion care (PAC)- Support NMCHC to develop the facility-level micro plans to improve availability and access to SRH information, education, and contraceptive methods for populations with high unmet need, such as adolescent females and postpartum women.Coordination- Work as part of the country team and in collaboration with partners in supporting NMCHC on the strengthening of supportive supervision programs in the form of quality improvement or coaching for the health staff at facility-level.- To support team to coordinate with other stakeholders to support the demand generation activities at the community level as part of the SRH program.- Facilitate access to data information at the provincial level and provide key updates.Strategic Vision- Work closely with the Senior Program Manager, and the CHAI leadership in the country to maintain the overall strategic direction of the program.- Promote effective communication within CHAI team at both national and sub national and work
- Support Associate and program manager in establishing CHAI ground operations at the provincial and district levels, including coordinating Memorandums of Understanding with provincial and district authorities and establishing field offices.- Establish and maintain direct relationships with the Provincial Health Departments/Operational Districts (PHD/OD) and Health Center to improve sexual reproductive.- Play the role of a key representative of CHAI at 4 sub-national provinces and other assigned province.- Provide management and technical support to PHD, Operational Districts, and Health Center (HC) staff to implement NMCHC’s SRH policies.- Work with Associate and manager to implement a comprehensive, feasible M&E framework for CHAI’s SRH program with NMCHC.- Provide the necessary support to Provincial Health Departments, Operational Districts, and HC staff on service data consolidation, quantification, and procurement of SRH commodities, and strengthening of stock management at the district and facility level.- Provide technical assistance to Provincial Health Departments, Operational Districts, Health Centers (HCs), and Referral Hospitals (RH) on mentorship programs, through mentoring sessions, supervisory visits, training workshops, etc.- Take the lead to roll out program training at provincial levels such as Introduce new training and providing refresher training to facility-based health workers to provide comprehensive abortion care (CAC) post-abortion care (PAC), LARCs, and other key SRH services.- Support the development of facility-level micro plans to improve availability and access to SRH information, education, and contraceptive methods for populations with high unmet needs, such as adolescent females and postpartum women.- Work with associate and in collaboration with partners in supporting NMCHC on the strengthening of supportive supervision programs in the form of quality improvement or coaching for the health staff at facility-level.- Support Associate to coordinate with other stakeholders to Support the demand generation activities at the community level as part of the SRH program.- Facilitate access to data information at the provincial level and provide key updates.