Click column header to sort
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR leadership team, the EPI and MCH Senior Program Manager will be responsible for: Program Leadership- Lead the development and refinement of the EPI/MCH program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Translate objectives determined in partnership with the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the EPI/MCH team on prioritization of initiatives- Work with MoH, donors, other partner organizations and CHAI staff in testing and scale-up of effective approaches to increase access to EPI/MCH services including strategy and design, development and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans- Supervise, mentor and build capacity of a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial level providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance for the portfolio- Advise senior MOH staff on risks and opportunities in achievement of strategic goals and priorities- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development as appropriate- Provide strategic input into CHAI’s overall global health strategy, including vaccines, and related programs- Serve as a senior advisor to CHAI leadership, both in country and externally, as well as to other CHAI managers and staffStakeholder Coordination- Establish strong collaborative relationships within CHAI and with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders and actively facilitate coordination of resources and efforts towards national EPI, MCH and health sector objectives- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teamsRelationship Management- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements- Manage the EPI/MCH program budgets and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all requirements- Oversee compliance with Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs reporting requirementsPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Design and develop data collection tools and support the training of the field team on gathering relevant data about the pilot implementation using the developed tools.- Collate, clean, and analyse data gathered by field staff during the pilot implementation to draw actionable insights for the program team and government stakeholders.- Analyse data about the utilization of government schemes/ programs (including Ayushman Bharat Niramayam), enabled through pilot implementation.- Analyse the data on the functioning of the call centre to improve efficiency and enable optimal allocation of resources.- Design and deploy dashboards to enable the program team and government stakeholders to keep track of the pilot progress and government schemes’ utilization.- Provide analytical support to Deen Dayal Swasthya Suraksha Parishad (DDSSP) to enable more effective and co-ordinated delivery PM-JAY through IC pilot- Support the development of research protocol, tools, and other relevant documentation for the evaluation study to be conducted at the end of the pilot to assess the pilot results.- Synthesize results and support dissemination of key learnings from the pilot implementation through development of presentations, reports, briefs, and publications, as required by the program team.- Provide any other support, as required by the program team.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Define the Country Team's overall strategy, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Establish robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies- Oversee the financial management of the program, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, cash allocations and budget forecasting and planning- Develop and manage program budgets in collaboration with program staff- Support human resources management, including recruitment and management of existing staff- Oversee internal management of the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal and financial teams- Support fundraising efforts, including new program development, budgeting and the development and management of relationships with existing and potential donors- Manage processes for internal and donor reporting- Develop communication materials, make presentations and represent CHAI at public forums- Coordinate efforts with CHAI's partners and establish new partnerships- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI headquarters to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged- Facilitate communications and coordination between stakeholders- Lead the M&E development and implementation plans of CHAI supported interventions and lead the country team in the preparation of donor reports- Manage sub grantees and ensure compliance with donor requirements- Ensure CHAI complies with all legal requirements of PNG- Ensure high staff performance, strategic thinking, efficient planning, and reorientation as needed- Model a strong work ethic, demonstrate leadership and motivate all members of country team, managing human resources and ensuring compliance with all government, donor, and CHAI HR policies- Oversee security risk management planning, staff and visitor training, and SOP adherence in collaboration with the regional and global safety & security team- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
Budgeting and Reporting:- Develop in-depth understanding of multiple programs’ budgets and expense drivers/levers and support program managers/ budget holders in developing/revising budget guidelines, and, preparation/submission of detailed program budgets- Support the Director Finance and Program Managers in consolidation, validation and analysis of operational expenses against budgets; provide variance explanations and effect adjustments to programmatic plans/budgets- Review income allocations and closely coordinate with program managers on execution rate, adjustments needed, and reforecasting of budgets to ensure consistency with programmatic goals/plans- Prepare budget presentations for discussions/approvals and incorporation of these in program reports/submissionFinancial Management and Planning:- Prepare management reports/dashboard for tracking critical KPIs, and grants’/projects’ performance and advise Program managers on productivity metrics and cost efficiencies- Support project teams in development of financial proposals/plans for new grants and support translation of these into detailed financial scenarios, cost heads/expense categories, phasing etc.Grant Management:- Support program teams in preparing, reviewing, reconciling and submitting financial reports to donors and in setting up and implementing appropriate reporting protocols- Support development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for grants management, budgeting guidelines and financial management- Send timely alerts and reminders for coordination with other WJCF Offices- Process partner agreements/contracts and coordinate timely payments and maintenance of all partners records and financial documentsEfficient financial risk management:- Support the Finance function in effective risk management measures, ensuring judicious utilisation of funds, adherence to budgets, and compliance with regulatory norms- Support risk assessment of partners and institute measures including systems, processes and training of partners (and WJCF staff) in compliance and risk managementCompliance & audit support:- Support development and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures to ensure financial probity, transparency, and adoption of best practices- Assist Director Finance in in external/intrenal audits, reviews and preparation of audit action plan- Other responsibilities as needed
- Setting strategic direction for evaluating and prioritizing CHAI programs for Incubation- Effectively managing a multi-functional team of strategic program associates and epidemiologist(s)- Working with CHAI teams to source programs that are possible candidates for the Incubator- Overseeing the quantitative modeling the impact of programs, combining independent research with inputs from CHAI teams and donor(s)- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Donor(s) to build consensus on the strategic framework and impact modeling- Presenting to senior CHAI leadership and donor organization(s) to share findings and solicit feedback on the identified programs of work- Managing pilots or country-level investigations of shortlisted programsPlease note that these may change as the project evolves.
- Support GoMP state RI cell in strengthening Routine Immunization and COVID-19 vaccination campaign review mechanism by generating insights from different data platforms.- Develop and socialize dashboards and custom-defined performance reports for state and sub-state functionaries to utilize for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision making.- Assess Immunization data systems uptake, identify bottlenecks, and develop an action plan to improve the use of data for decision making.- Develop comprehensive operational plans for piloting new approaches and interventions for improvement in immunization service delivery, demand generation, and data systems strengthening- Build strategies and devise plans for scale-up of the tested and successful approaches/interventions of priority districts.- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by country leadership.
- Support the State Team Lead in developing and implementing of the WJCF programme ensuring for supporting improvements in data systems and review mechanisms, service delivery, supply chain, and other Routine Immunization aspects- Craft program management frameworks and implementation and reporting mechanisms and optimize the existing ones in alignment with WJCF’s strategy and immunization context to facilitate effective oversight and management, encompassing key processes impact indicators, and effective measurement mechanisms- Lead the implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation framework through the WJCF team- Conceptualize, design and coordinate program impact and progress evaluation surveys- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Significantly contribute to documenting programme progress through reports, presentations and templates for effective internal use and dissemination of reports at state and national levels- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Travel on short notice to the various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the State Team Lead
- Assist APLMA (Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance Secretariat), MoHFW, NCVBDC and WJCF in planning and conceptualizing a successful Leaders’ Conclave in 2022- Undertake background research on various meetings in the past and assist in preparation of the agenda for the Leaders’ Conclave 2022- Assist APLMA and WJCF in strengthening engagement and inter-sector coordination across stakeholders (GoI, MoHFW, WHO, NVBDCP, civil society, academic Institutes and APLMA) towards the successful execution of the conclave- Support APLMA and WJCF in development of background materials, policy brief, meeting logistics and reports to support various stakeholders with strategic information guiding the conclave process- Arrange appointments and follow-up meetings with various departments and stakeholders linking to the Leaders’ Conclave- Documentation and follow up on the technical meeting notes and action points identified during the Working Group meetings of the Leaders’ Conclave- Coordinate and work with the event management agency (to be identified) to ensure successful conclave including working on budgets, agenda, background notes and essential flow for the pre, during and post-event- Undertake any other duties as requested by competent authorities