Click column header to sort
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support development and management of HIV self-testing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors.- Support the quantification and costing of HIVSS for the NDoH against available HTS programs including helping the government to identify risks and challenges; monitor HIV Testing Services (HTS) performance and outcomes, starting with HIVSS, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally.- Maintain national HIVSS dashboards.- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of HIVSS and other HTS interventions among at-risk populations so that NDoH can make evidence-based decisions.- Support in preparation of strategic documents- Support the NDOH with the transitioning of STAR project to department of health and ensure that the recommended scalable model are relevant for department of health process and systems- Support NDoH in scaling up HIVSS by assisting with training of facilities, conducting site visits, collecting data to inform facility readiness, and conducting data quality checks- Represent the HIVSS program in meetings and workshops- Provide support in additional areas, as requested by the Program Manager
The HIV Prevention Volunteer will be required to deliver a number of key outputs which include:- Support the team in the monitoring of combination prevention program.- Support the monthly data processing including monthly data collection, high level analysis, and drafting internal reports and presentations.- Support the monitoring of provincial implementation of the National PrEP Scale Up plans.- Support the maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Support the Program Manager on key deliverables and program requirements as requested.
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition;- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and offline;- Assisting with content development, new digital offerings as well as developing new business opportunities;- Creating and managing marketing literature and promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding, ensuring designs and messages meet the DoH’s brand and regulatory guidelines;- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items;- Customer insights analysis, monitoring market trends and identifying potential areas in which to explore based upon consumer needs;- Monitor, evaluate and report on mHealth performance;- Monitoring consumer reactions through focus groups and market research;- Support NDoH in all aspects of mHealth strategy with planning and implementation activities, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the Community Based Programs and Communication team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to digital self-care;- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government, partner stakeholder’s efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the Community Based Programs and Communications program;- Represent the program in meetings and workshops;- Partner with the Community Based Programs and Communications Program Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to the team;- Support the Community Based Programs and Communication Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Compile, synthesize and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution;- Lead in data capturing and support in managing data collection databases, survey instruments and data collection protocols;- Supporting in maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Support in M&E efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information;- Support in data management and analysis tools such as indicator dashboards to monitor and track ongoing work; • Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of program data;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Provide technical support to the EPI team in planning and implementation of CHAI programmatic focus areas in the WHO/UNICEF COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction Readiness Assessment Tool (VIRAT)- In liaison with relevant RBC teams, conduct detailed analytics, for example, to estimate potential numbers of target populations that will be prioritized for access to vaccines, stratified by target group and geographic location- Finalize budgeted micro-plans for vaccination including plans for components such as demand generation, risk communications and safety surveillance- Develop a training plan to prepare for COVID-19 vaccine introduction that includes key groups of participants, content topic areas, key training partners and training methods (in-person or virtual).- Organize and support the roll out of virtual and/or in person trainings as outlined in the training plan- Plan and execute the production and distribution of monitoring tools to eligible vaccination providers and/or the development, testing and roll-out of any changes to electronic systems- Organize and provide training for use of monitoring and evaluation tools and processes to traditional and new providers- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings and provide appropriate technical support to the TWGs as necessary, ensuring that activities are well coordinated and working group deliverables are met- Develop a process report and document all lessons learnt- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of in-country work to dramatically and sustainably improve immunization management performance- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work with country teams to sustainably transform management systems in CHAI focus countries. This can include support the development of strategic and operational plans for immunization at national and sub-national levels; identify management system performance challenges; strategize with country teams on system redesign to increase efficiency and effectiveness of management systems; establish and institutionalize performance management processes, design scale up strategy of an improvement “package” for immunization program performance management to all subnational units, strengthen communication and coordination between and across national and subnational government units, and diagnosing key risks to successful transition- Support continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to immunization management systems and capacity across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries.- Support diagnosis, analysis, monitoring and evaluation of program results (both on improvements in program management systems and subsequent results on EPI program outcomes) and documentation of lessons learned 2) Improve national and global practices and policies related to management systems and capacity, in collaboration with program leadership- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin, BCL, etc.) and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Participate in global forums such as the Learning Network for Countries in Transition, Teach to Reach, etc- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices3) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program in the area of management systems and capacity, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development/updates of CHAI’s strategy and thought leadership related to immunization management systems and capacity, both at global and country level, to increase CHAI’s effectiveness and impact- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in immunization management system against current and future goals- Identify how this work can best support other CHAI’s in-country objectives (e.g. improving vaccine supply chain, supporting service delivery at the last mile, ensuring successful transition from Gavi support, etc.), which often require building on strong horizontal management structures. Support design and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure cross-fertilization across these objectives- Strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff for immunization management systems and capacity, including Gavi transition, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.4) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization management systems in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Lead, guide and mentor a high-powered multi-functional implementation team capable of delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines- Develop strong understanding of the Routine Immunization coverage gap and related challenges within the priority geographies and enable creation of RI coverage improvement action plans- Enable identification of key interventions to be undertaken by the multi-functional team to solve geography specific challenges- Undertake operational planning for the activities to be undertaken by the team and monitor progress effectively- Build trust-based relationships & identify synergies with district & block level health leadership, partner organizations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders for improving routine immunization performance in identified geographies- Provide advisory and capacity building support to immunization program managers at the district/block levels on effective immunization programme management- Identify and document local innovative solutions to enhance immunization service delivery- Support the development of comprehensive & systematic insights on the immunization context in Bihar- Travel across the priority geographies on a regular basis and to other parts of the state as and when required- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Implementation Lead
- Vets, analyzes, modifies, revises and approves financial and legal content in CHAI contracts governing program implementation. Liaises with program teams and the Contracts Manager throughout this review process. In agreement reviews the Analyst uses independent judgment to vet programmatic, legal and financial inclusions for compliance with CHAI policies and procedures, grant agreement requirements, and local laws regarding business registration and independent contractor classification requirements.- Creates, reviews and analyzes policies and procedures for the Contracts department and advises on other departments’ contracts-related policies for implementation across CHAI’s global and headquarters operations. Policies include mandates regarding the prescribed use of the Contracts department templates as well as standard operating procedures for teams to draft agreements (grant agreements and non-grant agreements), guidance on processing in-country registrations and renewals for business operations, requirements surrounding signing agreements, and processes around working with the Contracts department to address other legal questions.- Conducts grant agreement reviews on an as needed basis, with a focus on overall program, legal and financial inclusions. Particular attention to intellectual property ownership, insurance requirements, and compliance with implementing in-country legal and registration requirements is made.- Maintains tracking mechanisms for all CHAI grant agreements for use by Contracts and the Finance team as a whole. The Analyst collaborates with and guides the teams in capturing and reporting on grant agreement information.- Using database coding, the Analyst manages higher-level maintenance of Contracts department’s Microsoft Access databases. The Analyst is in charge of creating new queries, and reports in the department’s database, enabling streamlined data management and regular reporting to CHAI’s auditors, senior leadership, and program teams.- Conducts trainings and drafts training materials (inter-departmental, across headquarters, and with country and program teams) on the department’s best practices, standards and procedures.- Assists the Contracts Manager and works with CHAI’s program teams to track and synthesize information related to CHAI’s high-level agreements with governments and Ministries of health.- Working with embassies, US state government agencies, and federal government agencies, the Analyst organizes compliance oversight related to official filings with domestic and foreign governments. Additionally, the Analyst advises and assists with business and charity registrations and renewals for US states and foreign countries.- Conducts ad-hoc projects, as needed, including the generation of reports and documents for other headquarters departments as well as for programmatic teams.
Manage and analyze data to provide the informational and analytic resources needed to influence supply- and demand-side HIV market decisions that support CHAI’s mission.- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions- Other analytic responsibilities as requested by managerDrive communication of essential HIV market information, as well as highlight CHAI’s work in the HIV space to partners and potential donors.- Develop internal and external communication materials, including case studies, published reports, infographics, and other collateral based on HAP projects and work- Support HAP’s business development, including proposal development and technical writing (in Word and PowerPoint), with assistance from other HAP team members- Proactively identify new ways to share key information and/or increase engagement with HAP’s HIV resources (e.g., our annual HIV Market Report)- Present analytical findings and other information to internal and external audiences, including senior leaders- Other communications functions as requested by manager
Provide technical support and bandwidth to country programs (50%)- Provide day-to-day technical support and bandwidth across country programs on a broad range of activities, as needed and requested by Country Support team- Design and develop deliverables to support implementation of country programs, including presentations and concept notes, and tools and models- Edit/format presentations, reports, technical materials, work plans, budgets and correspondence- Facilitate involvement of topic area experts on country work streams as required- Compile and share relevant updates with global team members, and encourage a positive spirit of collaboration between team members across programSupport hepatitis program knowledge management (25%)- Support and coordinate collection, review, and compilation of cross-country program data for internal and/or external documentation, updates and reporting- Develop and keep up to date cross-country program tools, guideline trackers, epidemiological databases, etc.- Manage and maintain up to date country resources and reference files in the country toolkit- Support internal communication and knowledge sharing, including webinars and dissemination of useful cross-country materials and global developments- Compile inputs and write bi-monthly program update- Ensure appropriate documentation, updates and dissemination of team operations processes and resourcesSupport hepatitis team coordination and operations (25%)- Plan and manage scheduling, logistics and agenda for program calls and meetings- Facilitate weekly hepatitis team call- Maintain administrative resources to facilitate efficient operations across the program (contact and distribution lists, team calendars, box folders, etc.)- Help develop and implement program operations and team strengthening work plan, as part of program Operations Working Group- Compile notes during meetings and calls and support drafting of meeting reports, as needed