Click column header to sort
- Monitor implementation of the EM O2 program in the state, ensuring consistent improvements in equitable access based on and support to government-led initiatives.- Support state program leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget.- Coordinate with the other teams to exchange ideas and ensure timely delivery and progress on the envisaged operational plans.- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with GoMP stakeholders, and key partners at the state level.- Provide strategic insight at technical working groups and/or other high-level meetings/conferences as a representative of the organization.- Work with the program team to ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements.- Lead, guide, and mentor a high-powered team of motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues in the state.- Build the state program by continually developing capacity and skills of staff, identifying human resources needs and leading recruitment of new team members.- Work with leadership to further the scope of the program and identify new areas where the organization can deliver value, with significant beneficiary and policy impact to scale-up program implementation initiatives.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the state and program leadership.
The Associate, Vaccines will work independently to support the EPI programme in several high impact activities. Specifically, the Associate will be responsible for the following activities: Immunization System Strengthening, and New Vaccines Introductions- Support the Senior Programme Manager, Women and Children’s Health in developing a workplan for immunization system strengthening at the national, district, and health facility level. This includes the review of recent (and applicable) reports from programmatic evaluations and consolidate recommendations into an actionable table and dashboard for follow up. - Develop and support the implementation of an onboarding package for all health workers tasked with the delivery of immunization services in Lesotho- Support in tracking the use of immunization e-learning materials by health workers - Support EPI in planning for the delivery of routine immunizations including the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine Program Management- Maintain close professional relationships with counterparts in the EPI in order to ensure that the project is aligned with Ministry priorities.- Support in building management capacity of EPI at the national and district level- Liaise with CHAI Vaccines global team to ensure that the project incorporates best practices and high standards for new vaccine introduction and systems strengthening.- Assist with formulation and tracking of activity workplans and budgets - Contribute to project reporting requirements as needed.- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Programme Manager, Women and Children’s health
- Support the strategy manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Programme ensuring consistent improvements in supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management, Vaccines Delivery & Logistics, Service Delivery, Data Systems and Review Mechanisms- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating systems strengthening strategies on immunization- Acquire data from public data sources and maintain data sets and support primary data collection from the field- Work closely with the programme team for providing effective data analysis against the set objectives and deviations- Prepare actionable and effective programme materials, presentations, reports for supporting communications with key stakeholders such as donors and government functionaries- Assimilate and triangulate information from multiple sources to monitor performance and inform strategy refresh where required- Support implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery in key areas- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scaling up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Co-ordinate project wide outputs related to reporting, compliance, and updates- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Contribute to the strategic technical vision and thought leadership for how malaria and NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Serve as a technical advisor and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national malaria and NTD programs- Review and contribute to surveillance and analytics components of annual country work plans to ensure they meet strategic goals- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation update.- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Formulate and conduct high quality epidemiological analyses to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions, understand disease pattern, and inform strategic planning- Monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of malaria and NTD surveillance processes and platforms, and contribute to the formulation of surveillance guidelines- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects evaluating program or intervention effectiveness- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Promote the routine use of epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis to inform country strategy planning and program implementation- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and scientific publications- Manage surveillance and analytics staff and workstreams related to malaria and NTDs to support evidence-based decisions across various technical areas (e.g., vector control, case management, surveillance, finance), including technical mentorship, supervision, guidance, and training for a small technical team- Manage internal communications between surveillance and analytic staff and other technical and operational CHAI teams- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and regional academic institutions working on relevant data analysis and surveillance activities- Provide technical supervision, mentorship and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities- Develop capacity building material and approaches for knowledge management to coordinate surveillance and analytic activities and lesson sharing across teams, countries, and regions- Other responsibilities as needed
- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, co-manage the implementation of the National Strategy for Health Professions Development (NSHPD) monitoring and evaluation plan:- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to identify priority M&E indicators from the finalized M&E plan for immediate data collection and analysis;- Work with the University of Rwanda, other training institutions, health facilities and professional councils to gather available data on prioritized M&E indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to analyze and develop report on prioritized indicators;- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a broader plan for routine data reporting and use in consultation with UR, other relevant training institutions, professionals councils and health facilities;- Operationalize systems for data collection, verification, analysis, reporting, and use; including training (as needed) and supporting teaching institutions to manage and report on necessary data;- In close collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary oversee the NSHPD program’s routine monitoring systems and ensure monitoring data is available and presented in an effective way to inform programmatic decision-making ;- Analyze, synthesize, and present M&E data on an ongoing basis to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and make corresponding recommendations to NSHPD program management.- In collaboration with the deputy Executive Secretary, identify and design additional evaluations or studies as appropriate.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to conduct an appraisal of existing centralized HRH Information Systems (HRHIS) and tools in use in Rwanda.- In consultation with the deputy Executive Secretary and with support of relevant stakeholders, develop a proposed model for routine data collection and consolidation into information system.- Support the deputy Executive Secretary to develop a costed roadmap for implementation of the HRHIS.- Support the deputy Es to mobilize resource for the implementation of the HRHIS.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide day-to-day program management support to the provincial and municipal health authorities working with malaria supervisors and focal points in different technical areas, such as surveillance, vector control, case management and finance- Serve as a trusted advisor to the NMCP provincial and municipal health authorities regarding their malaria control activities- Conduct provincial level assessments to help make evidence-based plans and execute effective programs- Work with CHAI's fellow country associate, technical teams, and regional manager to identify key impediments to programmatic goals and help devise targeted solutions- Support implementation and improvement of the malaria surveillance system in Southern Angola, including coordinating provincial and municipal activities such as data review meetings, and data quality assessments- Support subnational teams to regularly review and analyse data from DHIS2 to inform response and interventions- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between the government and partner organizations in the provinces to ensure coordination- Collaborate with the CHAI-Namibia team on the development and implementation of cross-border collaboration initiatives- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50%)
- Design of tools for facility assessments, demand estimation, supply chain management, data analytics for various modalities of oxygen supply- Participate in field visits to monitor functioning of oxygen generation plants (Pressure Swing adsorption plants) and other infrastructure like LMO tanks, oxygen cylinders, concentrators etc. and provide technical support for biomedical equipment- Coordinate data collection and data analysis for oxygen related system (need assessment, analysis of oxygen capacities and gaps to inform decision making) in state public health facilities by securing necessary permissions and approvals from government authorities- Design of SOPs, Training modules, guidelines, supplier landscape, tender documents- Capacity building of public health facility staff including technicians on use of oxygen equipment and other technical aspects of oxygen systems- Provide support on AMC document and CMC document preparation and tender reviews- Provide invaluable inputs for development of oxygen demand assessment tools factoring in critical insights from government departments- Develop strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders including government officials, affiliated institutes, and partners working in the oxygen therapy landscape in program states- Develop knowledge management library of all technical resources related to oxygen management- Conduct routine sessions on technical aspects of oxygen systems for internal EM team- Participate in meetings of field team to clarify technical queries and align on oxygen systems data collection from facilities
Regional support (~50% LOE)- Provide strategic insights to the development of country programs as well as the overall CHAI TB program- Serve as a trusted advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of topics relating to access to medicines and diagnostic devices (e.g., drug quality and pricing, market intelligence, regimen optimization, diagnostic accuracy and pricing, procurement, forecasting, new product introduction, product tradeoffs, costing exercises, implementation planning and scale-up)- Support the introduction of new, improved, or less costly medicines by supporting country teams with the development of new product roll-out strategies for Ministries of Health- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders- Provide analytic support to improve data utilization to improve TB program decision making and identify opportunities to increase program efficiencies- Develop and leverage expertise in procurement best practices for medicines and other health commodities in low resource settings- Build country capacity on quantification and forecasting practices to avoid stock-outs, minimize wastage and costs- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between CHAI country teams and global team members (including the laboratory services and HIV teams and other programs)- Share best practices and key supply dynamics and access-to-medicine issues across country programs to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and program experiences- Provide mentorship and guidance to country support associates and country staff- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant deliverables across CHAI focal countries- Partner with country teams to devise strategies to achieve grant objectives in line with country priorities- Responsible for reporting and annual reviews for donors and internal CHAI leadership- Responsible for maintaining up to date expertise on MDR-TB patient identification to cure practices and knowledge sharing among internal CHAI teams- Support CHAI TB director & associate director in budgeting/fundraising and team management as needed- Anticipated 30-40% travel regionallyCHAI Vietnam focused support (~50% LOE)- Provide technical assistance and general project management support to the CHAI Vietnam Country Team’s designated project lead (and other country team members) with the day-to-day project management of two upcoming operational studies that leverage innovative technologies for diagnosis and surveillance of TB at the country level (approximately ~50% LOE).
Under this Agreement, Consultant will act as an advisory capacity to WJCF and its relevant stakeholders. Key responsibility areas include:- Build strong relationships with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health, Medical Education, Medical Corporation, autonomous government institutes), NGOs/developmental partners and other relevant partners- Secure buy-in and support on the program on secondary prevention of cervical cancer with health leadership, concerned officials at the state and sub-state levels- Support program team in implementing programmatic activities in areas including, but not limited to:- Capacity building of service providers and frontline-workers on screening and management of common cancers, specifically cervical cancer- Strengthening access to cervical cancer screening and treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Expedite decentralized deployment of portable treatment devices to improve access to treatment of cervical pre-cancerous lesions- Support demand generation activities to raise awareness on cervical cancer prevention and mobilize beneficiaries for cancer screening- Support strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms to monitor program impact and ensure positively screened beneficiaries receive appropriate care and treatment- Other activities for successful operational roll-out and implementation of the program- Travel extensively within the state to visit health care facilities (PHC/CHC/CH/DH/GMC/TCCC) to assess and monitor health systems and effective on-ground implementation of the program- Actively engage with teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where organisation is supporting implementation and strengthening of interventions on cervical cancer prevention to leverage learnings, strengthen and facilitate interventions in the Consultants program state- Support program reporting requirements through facilitating periodic reporting on status / progress and key indicators or program deliverables through the implementation of the program in the respective state- Undertake any other activities as asked by program leadership Consultant will report to Program Manager during the Term of this Agreement.
Strategic Leadership and Stakeholder Management:- In collaboration with the Program Manager, define and drive the WJCF SRH portfolio strategy and lead the on-ground implementation of planned SRH interventions across the state of Madhya Pradesh- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and ensure alignment with government, donor and global CHAI strategies- Work closely with the departments of family planning and maternal health at the national and state levels to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to strategic priorities, demand generation, access to services, supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, to effectively communicate WJCF’s achievements in the SRH verticalProgram Team Operations:- Lead team management of staff and field operations team in Madhya Pradesh- Design data-driven interventions: conduct rigorous background research, stakeholder consultations, lead comprehensive design process, develop programs and metrics, etc. that are in line with donor strategy- Draft field operation plans, training modules, discussion guides, research protocols and any other such documents for pilot interventions and accompanying studies- Identify and support in contracting implementation partners/third party data collection agencies and manage the relationships on a day-to-day basis- Develop and implement an audience appropriate communications plan - draft key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials- Devise holistic strategy for scale-up – synthesize pilot outcomes, impact achieved, and lessons learnt, conduct feasibility assessments, scope for right channels for scale-up and draft operational plansOther responsibilities as needed