Click column header to sort
- Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Sensitize and create demand for support on data analytics and data use for decision making, working with SHA partners to articulate this need and providing continuity so that best practices and skills are shared and institutionalized within government.- Support use of evidence to identify gaps in policy and implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages to create an effective health insurance program.- Build capacity within SHA for evidence-based management, including through day to day joint tasks and deliverables as well as trainings on various aspects of the health reforms.- Support analysis of program data to monitor performance, identify key challenges/bottlenecks and provide solutions- Identify KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to support effective programmatic decision making- In collaboration with agencies at the national level, work with SHA leadership to plan for the COVID19 response, including in assessing the impact of COVID-19 on access and utilization of essential services under PMJAY.- Support coordination and knowledge sharing on key reforms between states as well as between the centre and state governments on a continuous basis- Develop and disseminate policy briefs and other knowledge products, in collaboration with government partners- Facilitate key meetings/events such as trainings, state coordination meetings, IT workshops etc- Provide strategic insights at technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the MoH on a broad range of health financing and health systems strengthening issues, enabling MoH to mobilize resources into the health sector and distribute them equitably, effectively and efficiently.- Maintain and leverage the CHAI’s continuous presence and relationships with MoH in context of health financing and health systems and increasingly engaging with other ministries and core stakeholders for multi-sectoral collaboration.- Support the national government to enhance improved and harmonized multi-sectoral planning for health through inter-ministerial engagements to strengthen coordination; resource allocation; efficient utilization of funds; prioritization of health needs; transparency; implementation of multisectoral interventions and increased domestic funding over time.- Support the government of Malawi to establish a formal structure/Committee for multi-sectoral collaboration for health, including conducting high-level engagements with different line ministries to secure buy in and developing TORs for the Committee.- Conduct analysis, develop tools and tailored briefs to support evidence generation for key areas including: funding allocation, utilization, absorption reprogramming, reallocation and mobilization of funds according to priority needs as well as develop templates for the committee to be used for evidence based decision making.- Provide recommendations based on the evidence generated on re-programming of funding towards critical underfunded areas in accordance to government priorities to ensure greater absorption and efficient utilization of funds, value for money and harmonization of upcoming donor funding.- Build organizational capacity and strengthen management systems; engagement of government officials in data use and evidence generation.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Planning:• On basis of donor requirements and project needs, review and develop log frames and M&E frameworks for proposals, integrating M&E into project design, contributing to project planning, and providing timely preparation and contributions to donor reporting.• Assist with strategic program planning processes to identify key program indicators, establish processes to ensure functional and timely information collection, processing, analysis and reporting to support program decision making. • Design a monitoring framework for the defined PPP deal for AHDP project• Support program teams and country management for new project proposal writing.Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation• Work with Labs Program Manager to implement and maintain AHDP M&E framework and reporting systems to measure the impact of interventions and assess progress against project goals • Collaborate with Program Managers to ensure that organization delivers on all M&E requirements across projects in a timely manner and with high quality information• Develop and maintain project management dashboards and reports to track key milestones, log-frame indicators and results of the activities undertaken• Plan and coordinate assessments (baseline, midline and endline) and impact evaluation studies in collaboration with programs• Design structure for AHDP PPP site selection assessment and routine monitoring visits and participate in field visits• Participate in assessment visits, trainings, supervision and mentoring at facilities and utilize data collected to ensure programs are moving in right direction, identify bottlenecks and solutions• Support and organize regular M&E meetings and ensure appropriate data is available for required analysis and reporting• Provide support for data analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results of activities undertaken and build progress reports for donors, global teams, partners and government Knowledge Management:• Identify and lead knowledge management and learning initiatives, including the development and refinement of learning tools• Work with programs to document best practices (case studies, end of project reports etc.) which can be shared with other CHAI offices and partners• Work with MOH team to compile best practices and lessons for PPP implementation and prepare case study documents for dissemination• Collaborate with teams to develop a centralized information and data repository to store and share key information about CHAI Rwanda program interventions• Monitor and share established best practices within Rwanda office – through forwarding relevant articles and other M&E resources• Serve as primary contact for global team, maintain regular contact to facilitate sharing of lessons learned and best practices• Prepare, present, and disseminate materials on monitoring and evaluation of programs to serve as reference, informational and advocacy purposes and to form a coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and program quality improvement and adaptation• Assist in development of M&E and Evidence for Impact tools Program Support and Coordination:• Support strengthening of evidence-based programming to ensure that knowledge management and learning become integral elements of project implementation leading to enhanced positive impact• Carry out KML need assessment and contribute to training program staff on data management and M&E, with a focus on thematic M&E coordinators.• Support to strengthen the capacity of MOH team to use PPP M&E framework, tools, perform analyses and use evidence for decision making and support establishment and implementation of evidence-based appropriate change management structures and systems through formal trainings and one-on-one mentoring• Coordinate with M&E teams through thematic projects to use standardized tools to ensure consistency of quality standards, harmonization of information and contributions from field and sharing of learnings• Coordinate M&E activities and collaborative initiatives with Research partners, Universities and CHAI global M&E teams Other responsibilities as needed
- Supervise and mentor a team of CHAI staff and provide strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance of work- Oversee the development and implementation of regular work plans and budgets and monitor progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion- Assume responsibility for program budgeting and financial management including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions- Oversee team operations initiatives, including work planning functions, team calls, etc.- Develop tools, templates and written guidance for staff development- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs as required- Liaise and manage communication with other global teams and country teams within CHAI, as necessary- Other responsibilities as needed
• Building on the landscaping of the Technical Advisor of the CHAI Oxygen team, support the achievement of strategic price reductions for high-potential pulse oximeters for focus countries (Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria) as well as globally, if feasible. This includes cultivating relationships with high-priority suppliers identified through the landscaping, developing and sharing required market intelligence, and working with the Senior Manager to develop and implement the strategy and approach towards price reductions• Maintain / update a global landscape of suppliers of oxygen concentrators and related equipment and accessories; advise the Senior Manager on any opportunities for price negotiations in this product category• As required, support the CHAI Oxygen program in engaging with innovators to provide guidance on overall market for pneumonia commodities, in order to ensure that innovations meet market needs and are viable / scalable given market conditions• Support / lead need projections and demand quantifications for various devices part in the respiratory support commodities package • Other responsibilities as needed
- Develop new funding proposals for targeted multi-lateral donors/bilateral donors/private foundations based on national health workforce strategies/plans in Ethiopia, Liberia, Rwanda, Zambia, Malawi, among other countries- Support the finalization and adaptation of a Health Workforce Investment Case Study into donor-specific proposal and resource mobilization strategies and briefsContribute the development and implementation of an engagement strategy for potential identified global funding agencies and technical partners- Develop presentations, briefs, and other dissemination materials to advocate for investment in health workforce- Research and identify funding opportunities on behalf of government health workforce development initiatives - Draft publications highlighting health workforce initiatives- Develop team overview presentations and briefing materials for external communication- Investigate and compile research on e-learning modalities to advise public universities adapting to COVID- Assist with internal team knowledge management and organization- Provide and solicit technical input on project deliverables and approach, collating input from experts within and outside of CHAI and supported by best practice and literature review where needed- Assist with management of project work plans and schedules to ensure timely achievement of milestones- Other responsibilities as needed
- Coordinate all program M&E activities including supervising program analysts,volunteers and consultants- Design and execute community and facility-based surveys, as well as other methods that are both rigorous and efficient.- Lead the design of data management tools, systems, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance;- Align all data collection tools and data management best practices with the state Ministries of Health as well as other development partners.- Lead the design of new monitoring and evaluation tools and systems, operations research, KPI reporting framework and knowledge management.- Develop and manage a database of program performance data ensure data is collected and consolidated on a routine and timely basis.- Build capacity among state teams in use of data collection tools and data management best practices through training and mentoring.- Identify opportunities for and implement the integration of data tools created for the program into National HMIS platform- Ensure regular maintenance of applicable database/information systems and logframes and upload of necessary information/data- Conduct of routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification, and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs)- Support the conduct of program evaluations, such as Quality of Care Assessments and Service Readiness Assessments- Conduct relevant data analysis to support informed decision making and track follow up actions- Support workstream leads to manage and monitor databases and generate appropriate reports promptly- Support workstream leads and state team leads to review performance against targets quarterly, and identifying performance gaps- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.- Attend relevant meetings at national level to ensure effective program dissemination, learning and sharing- Provide technical support to M&E teams in the SRMNH portfolio- Any other task as requested by the Director of Programs and SRMNH and Country Director
- Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions- Collaborate with internal and external partners to analyze market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products- Work with CHAI country and global teams to evaluate the potential for various market shaping interventions using the market-shaping toolkit and other accepted methodologies- Develop strategies and qualitative/quantitative analyses to support ongoing negotiations with suppliers- Create clear communications materials based upon analyses- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Support relationship management with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs- Execute other responsibilities as needed by the team
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to the COVID-19 IMT in South Africa in collaboration with the government and implementing partners to help strengthen systems and interventions and achieve audacious programmatic goals on aggressive timelines in line with DOH strategic goals and priorities;- Support DOH in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DOH strategic goals and priorities; - Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DOH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders; - Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary; - Manage the design, assessment and costing of intervention strategies, which will include protocol development, operational guidance development, data collection and review and frequent feedback to the DOH on the progress of these initiatives; - Oversee monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information; - Oversee development and maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring; - Monitor progress towards targets and support program to modify/refine implementation as needed to achieve/exceed targets; - Oversee and conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and provincial data; - Oversee quantification, costing, supply chain and of policy and regulatory landscape for COVID-19 to make recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services; - Support grant management, including development of concept notes, proposals, donor reports, and contractual agreements, and coordinate development of programmatic and financial updates; - Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Provide regular reports on program, work progress to CHAI Leadership team, and liaise with global teams within CHAI;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Support NDoH in COVID-19’s community based and communication efforts with a view of providing an integrated approach to services to improve health seeking behavior and as a result improve overall health outcomes. This will include planning and implementation of activities and ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Oversee the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to a team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and help devise solutions to strengthen programs as necessary; - Oversee analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and/or services;- Manage the design, assessment and costing of intervention strategies, which will include protocol development, operational guidance development, data collection and review and frequent feedback to the DOH on the progress of these initiatives; - Oversee and conducting routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and program data;- Oversee monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information; - Oversee development and maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring; - Monitor progress towards targets and support program to modify/refine implementation as needed to achieve/exceed targets; - Oversee and conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of national and provincial data; - Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.