Click column header to sort
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support development and management of HIV self-testing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors.- Support the quantification and costing of HIVSS for the NDoH against available HTS programs including helping the government to identify risks and challenges; monitor HIV Testing Services (HTS) performance and outcomes, starting with HIVSS, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally.- Maintain national HIVSS dashboards.- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of HIVSS and other HTS interventions among at-risk populations so that NDoH can make evidence-based decisions.- Support in preparation of strategic documents- Support the NDOH with the transitioning of STAR project to department of health and ensure that the recommended scalable model are relevant for department of health process and systems- Support NDoH in scaling up HIVSS by assisting with training of facilities, conducting site visits, collecting data to inform facility readiness, and conducting data quality checks- Represent the HIVSS program in meetings and workshops- Provide support in additional areas, as requested by the Program Manager
The HIV Prevention Volunteer will be required to deliver a number of key outputs which include:- Support the team in the monitoring of combination prevention program.- Support the monthly data processing including monthly data collection, high level analysis, and drafting internal reports and presentations.- Support the monitoring of provincial implementation of the National PrEP Scale Up plans.- Support the maintenance of program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation.- Support the Program Manager on key deliverables and program requirements as requested.
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition;- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and offline;- Assisting with content development, new digital offerings as well as developing new business opportunities;- Creating and managing marketing literature and promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding, ensuring designs and messages meet the DoH’s brand and regulatory guidelines;- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items;- Customer insights analysis, monitoring market trends and identifying potential areas in which to explore based upon consumer needs;- Monitor, evaluate and report on mHealth performance;- Monitoring consumer reactions through focus groups and market research;- Support NDoH in all aspects of mHealth strategy with planning and implementation activities, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the Community Based Programs and Communication team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to digital self-care;- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government, partner stakeholder’s efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the Community Based Programs and Communications program;- Represent the program in meetings and workshops;- Partner with the Community Based Programs and Communications Program Manager to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to the team;- Support the Community Based Programs and Communication Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Compile, synthesize and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution;- Lead in data capturing and support in managing data collection databases, survey instruments and data collection protocols;- Supporting in maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Support in M&E efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information;- Support in data management and analysis tools such as indicator dashboards to monitor and track ongoing work; • Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of program data;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Support country teams across the region to effectively implement CHAI’s programs accelerating access to high quality adult and pediatric treatment and ensuring achievement of CHAI’s grant objectives- Act as a thought leader of CHAI’s HIV Access Program across the Southern Africa region, working in collaboration with country teams and leadership to develop and guide strategies to improve access to high-quality HIV treatment across the region and address service gaps, identify national and regional priorities, support the development and implementation of appropriate programs and interventions, and fundraising as needed- Through a blend of advocacy, relationship-building, and evidence dissemination, and in coordination with the country and HIV Access Program leadership, make an effective case for optimal ARV introduction to governments and key opinion leaders. This may include preparing cost analyses to help governments see the budgetary impact of product shifts, developing different introduction scenarios, and collating, translating, and disseminating clinical information- Help governments ensure an uninterrupted supply of optimal ARVs to the region by building stock monitoring tools and dashboards and working closely with procurement agents and government logistics units to understand and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines- Help countries build their capacity on quantification issues through leadership in forecasting workshops, participation in technical working groups, and/or training of forecasting models, in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste, and minimize costs- Catalyze and coordinate the drafting of rollout planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure smooth implementation of ARV product shifts- With a client-focused approach, serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV access topics- Conduct routine grant management and reporting activities- Support the country team and program leadership in other relevant duties, such as fundraising or capacity building initiatives, as required
Specifically, key responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:- Develop a thorough understanding of the healthcare systems, referral protocols, pharmaceutical and diagnostic landscape related to the MNH within South Africa and globally, including key priorities, challenges and gaps in order to inform program development;- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the MNH team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;- Manage the development and presentation of MNH medicines and equipment forecasting and quantification analysis to internal and external stakeholders;- Identify, test and create business cases for innovative interventions/products, that if taken to scale, will improve health outcomes for MNH or result in reduction in costs for care of mothers and babies in alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Identify, and lead implementation of specific health system interventions for MNH referrals;- Lead and coordinate the development of the optimization case in collaboration with multiple stakeholders;- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives to optimize access to medicines and equipment;- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa and Global;- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and participate in stakeholder engagements related to program implementation and reporting for internal and external stakeholders;- Collaborate and work across teams to support new innovations and change ideas;- Develop and document best practices to showcase successes and opportunities that can be taken to scale in the form of case studies, articles and abstracts for submission to journals and conference;- Support the MNH Program Manager on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
Process mapping and requirements development- In collaboration with CHAI technical and program teams, scope and identify geographies (across the Americas, Africa, and Asia) and critical management areas that could benefit from improved information organization, quality, timeliness, and availability.- In collaboration with partner government malaria programs and relevant partners, lead the documentation of system processes and data flows, and identify the ideal state for those systems.- Identify critical needs and propose feasible solutions to improve program ability to track key aspects of their programmatic plans and finances. Needs may include improvements to management structures, processes, or technologies, and identification of any significant barriers or risks associated with each solution.- Develop a pragmatic strategy and operational plan to address critical gaps in programmatic and financial tracking.Technology solutions- Conduct a landscape analysis of relevant existing program management and financial tracking solutions in health or business sectors, and determine how these solutions may be adapted to malaria program needs.- Identify appropriate solutions to countries’ short and long-term needs, as well as document adaptations that would be required to meet country specifications.- Identify any potential barriers to adoption for users and strategize how to mitigate them.Project Management and Implementation- In collaboration with CHAI’s health informatics team, select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure tools according to the defined requirements and timelines.- Work with malaria control programs, CHAI technical teams, and CHAI regional and country teams to implement recommended management solutions and foster a data culture. Depending on needs identified, the solutions may include improvements to management structures, processes, or technologies.- Develop training materials and help train global and program staff in the use of digital solutions, updated data reporting requirements, as well as establishing best practice SOPs for using this data to improve day-to-day program management.- Support the development of proposals and funding requests as needed to expand the reach of this to new geographies or intensify support where needed.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain Office365, Azure AD and AD user accounts.- Proactively support staff in field offices using Windows 10 and Mac OS and provide training and assistance to users as needed.- Interface with vendors to place orders for new equipment and software.- Create and maintain updated documentation.- Provide hardware and software support for local users in person, and coordinate and provide support via phone and email for our users worldwide through helpdesk system.- Collaborate well in a small team environment.- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment.- Maintain standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.- Provide support services to staff with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptops, PDA or network services.- Provide timely resolution of problems or escalation of issues to appropriate technical personnel.- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Develop and integrate patching and software update procedures and policies.- Work with the CHAI Helpdesk team to track device inventory and perform routine asset management audits and device exchanges and upgrades as needed.- Respond to requests from business users for support.- Enforce device policies and procedures.- Integrate commercial and in-house applications into the endpoint management environment.- Work with existing CHAI IT team members for installations, deployments, and troubleshooting of new releases as needed.- Maintain systems integrity and security between multiple existing services.- Maintain system configuration design documentation.- Participate in team meetings and provide routine status updates.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Supervise a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial levels providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support across the portfolio;- Work with CHAI staff, government officials and other partners in program areas;- Identify new market initiatives and grant opportunities;- Work with CHAI staff, government officials, and other partners in the scale-up of health services including strategy and design, development, and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans;- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships;- Coordinate and participate in technical working groups;- Oversee the development and implementation of regular activity-based work plans and budgets for the program and monitor overall program progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion;- Oversee program data to allow for monitoring and evaluation of the program and reporting against program indicators;- Assume responsibility for the program budget including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions;- Prepare annual donor reports and other external program reports as needed;- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, local and international partners, donors and NGOs and ensure coordination of resources and efforts towards national objectives;- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to the Senior Deputy Country Director and Country Director as required.