Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Day to day financial accounting- Review financial transactions to ensure accuracy of information and compliance;- Make payments, such as reimbursements, cash advances, and direct transfers to vendors on time;- Ensure financial vouchers have sufficient supporting documentation;- Make sure health insurance tracking records of staff members are correct and reconciled;- Oversee the finance and admin assistant to ensure that information print outs from QuickBooks is reconciled against vouchers on a weekly basis;- Manage the daily cashbook closeout proceduresFinancial Management- Lead in the monthly close processes;- Reconcile monthly cash on hand and bank account balances;- Conduct aging analysis of all accounts;- Review accounting transactions to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with policies and procedures;- Prepare monthly preliminary and final financial statements for country program;- Analyze monthly variances to budget;- Review adjustment entries;- Use Grant Tracking and Preliminary report tool to coordinate with Program Managers in following up their monthly internal cash forecast, and measure project budget variance;- Lead in the monitoring of financial activities for all programs and prepare expenditure reports for program managers as needed;- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements that relate to various fund types and account groups;- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with program managers/staff members;- Lead in the preparation of organizational annual budgets and periodic reforecasts;- Assist in preparing donor budget proposals as needed- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements if needed.Grant and Partnership Management- Review all Donation Letters, Independent Contractor Agreements and Memoranda of Agreement from financial management perspective prior to signing with partners/contractors; suggest any points of negotiation and analyses the impact;- Create tracking system to monitor the progress of new agreements with partners and be responsible for record-keeping;- Develop grants tracking to monitor existing partners’ performance and compliance;- Make regular visits to partners’ offices, to monitor their financial management system and to verify their payments;- Review and analyze grant expenses and variances in consultation with supervisor to advise the partner on expenditure trends and potential issues;- Ensure that donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes of the partners;- Build relations with focal person and build a trusting partnership with partner organizations.- Keep the Country Representative informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps with the respective Partners;Statutory and Regulatory Compliance- Coordinate with auditors for annual audits and coordinate donor audits;- Maintain banking relationships;- Work closely with the attorneys for labor laws and other legal matters.
- Lead and manage overall execution of Cameroon vaccines program strategy including the development of assessments, budgets, training materials and other program materials according to work plan.- Provide strategic and technical leadership for the country vaccines program as agreed with donors and Ministry of Health- Drive internal strategic planning and budgeting processes related to the program work streams and oversee performance against work plans and budgets- Serve as the primary point person to the national EPI program- Maintain and build strong working relationships with EPI, MOH and key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, to leverage opportunities for synergies and enhance program impact- Produce high-quality reports for donors and government counterparts, ensuring the appropriate data is collected during project periods to support adequate reporting.- Manage the vaccines team on a day-to-day basis including activity planning: provide feedback, and encourage innovative, sound approaches to achieving program results.- Working closely with the CHAI Global Vaccines Team to enlist support, capture emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards- Take a leading role in strategic orientations for future program development- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices- Performance-manage the overall vaccine program delivery-taking corrective measures where necessary. Overseeing the development of the activities and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding best programme management standards.- Perform other tasks as necessary, including but not limited to oversee other programs.
- Support CHAI country team, MOH and partners in the pursuit of effective and efficient health programs with solid analysis and problem-solving skills- Lead the design and conduct of assessments on medical oxygen in Cameroon- Prepare required analysis, including creation of robust models and forecasts in Microsoft Excel- Work closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers, and leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s objectives- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management, budgeting and financial planning in the health sector overall- Prepare status reports and project plans as well as lessons learnt and publications.- Assist in preparation of documents and templates- Prepares technical notes and submits for review- Prepare, review and initial sign off participants statement of payments and follow up on timely payment of participants- Prepares and submits expense and activity reports within three days of completion of field activity
• Lead in supporting the MOH to Improve the efficiency and performance of vaccine cold chain in Cameroon. • Support the EPI in the implementation of the CCEOP platform.• Support the updating of the recently conducted Cold Chain Inventory (CCI) and facilitate its use for decision-making. • Support identification of optimal new equipment, following full options appraisal including new technologies. • Support the development of a robust maintenance system for cold chain equipment.• Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement. • Support the implementation of robust temperature management systems at all levels of the health system. • Support the elimination of exposure to temperature excursions during transport.• Provide technical support for development of new state of the art central cold chain facilities.• Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact. • Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them. • Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed to ensure rapid implementation. • Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort for successful implementation and scale-up. • Support the Program Manager to develop and manage work plans, budgets, schedules and logistics plans for key activities. • Perform other tasks as necessary.