Click column header to sort
- Formulate the overall immunization demand strategy for CHAI in collaboration with CHAI teams for clearly framing objectives, issues, root causes, prioritized approaches, competencies, and work plans for ground-breaking demand generation ideas or interventions.- Guide the state teams across Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh in formulating a roadmap on demand generation schemes towards Immunization.- Provide in depth and exceptional technical assistance to teams on their ongoing and future demand projects.- Work closely with state teams while providing recommendations for improving their outcomes and workflow.- Conceptualize ideas for demand generation ideas while cross collaborating with other programs and stakeholders in states.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Design and conduct secondary and primary research for assessing Public Health Surveillance (PHS) systems, including through field visits to various locations in UP and Bihar- Analyze and synthesize all research findings – qualitative and quantitative – to identify key strategic challenges and to create solutions across PHS system components- Support project team in assessment of policy, legal, and political economy enablers for PHS in UP and BH with specific action areas for improvement- Lead report writing and presentations highlighting and summarizing findings and recommendations on public health surveillance systems- Work with teams to interpret and communicate results of the analyses to relevant stakeholders, including donors, partners, and government officials- Prepare notes and reports such as meeting and workshop proceedings, progress reports etc. on various activities related to the project
- Review program reports and documents to develop a comprehensive understanding of WJCF/CHAI India Nutrition Program.- Develop case studies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), templates and formats for dissemination of CHAI’s learnings among key stakeholders and enabling seamless transition of CHAI’s responsibilities to the government counterparts in Madhya Pradesh.- Review and analyse data and support in the development of reports and presentations to be submitted to donor(s) or government stakeholders on a regular basis.- Conduct secondary research to gather key information on policies and best practices in specific verticals under nutrition and health service delivery.- Develop comprehensive scale-up strategy and operational plans for replicating WJCF/CHAI’s learnings and/ or best practices in strengthening nutrition and health ecosystem across other geographies (including Punjab).- Coordinate and participate in discussion with external stakeholders (including government and other development partners), as required.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
- Work alongside government counterparts to ensure that Nutrition programmatic products are integrated into the national supply chain system, including the inventory management system at the national and provincial warehouses- Support the strengthening of the central and provincial Supply Chain Integration Teams to include nutrition and other relevant program staff- Assist the central and provincial supply chain integration teams to create and execute their integration workplan, including assisting with monthly meetings, reviewing data and completing site visits to support MOH staff capacity building- Support regular MOH staff utilization of the electronic medicine inventory management system, and support the team to troubleshoot any challenges with the system- Build capacity of MOH staff at central and provincial levels to conduct routine analysis of monthly stock reports, create dashboard for nutrition program and support the development of quality data review- Identify supply chain challenges and help create action plans to address them together with central and provincial health staff- Coordinate and plan logistics for meetings and team travel schedules- Support written and verbal translation between English and Lao, specifically communication of technical processes, to support effective communication with government staff and other stakeholders- Manage reconciliation of finance for program trainings, meetings and travel- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Support Government of Punjab in strengthening Maternal and Child Nutrition Programs in the state, with a specific focus on addressing anaemia.- Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health), NGOs, developmental partners, and other relevant allied bodies.- Hold discussions with government officials and development partners on a regular basis to understand the state’s context and identify key challenges/ areas of improvement in the existing anaemia control programs.- Develop comprehensive strategies and operational plans for replicating best practices and/ or piloting new approaches and interventions to address the burden of anaemia in the state.- Access government data systems to identify key data points and develop data visualization tools (bulletins, dashboards, reports, and such others) for government officials to facilitate data-based decision making and reviews.- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management.- Work independently and with the team to comprehensively execute planned interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where CHAI is supporting implementation of interventions on maternal and child nutrition to leverage learnings and strengthen/ facilitate interventions in the Punjab.- Support program reporting requirements by facilitating periodic reporting on program implementation status/ progress and key program indicators in the state.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and to other states, if required.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
The incumbent will work under the supervision and report to the Assistance Director, Child and Newborn Health. In addition, they will also report and work closely with the Program Coordinator on all areas relating to the PeaCe Health program. They will support MOH in ensuring that all neonatal and child health activities on the PeaCe Health program are adequately planned, implemented and reported in a manner that is in line with the program objectives and achieves sets targets. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:- Support the Child Health Unit to ensure that newborn and child health activities on the PeaCe Health are adequately planned, implemented, and monitored to achieve the program set targets.- Support MOH and other partners to reverse the negative trend in Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) and ensure that high-impact interventions are implemented.- Work with the MOH to provide strategic direction and technical guidance to project districts in implementing the Newborn and Child Health component on the PeaCe Health program.- Support MOH hold regular technical working group meetings involving players in newborn and child health services and ensure that the nutrition component is adequately addressed in the discussions. Support the MOH in the Newborn and Child Health weeks and other important national events.- Work closely with the program team to ensure that other technical sectors are coordinated, integrated and support each other to optimize the project purposes and objectives.- Prepare quality quarterly and annual reports and timely submission of deliverables.- Actively contribute to learning, evaluating, capturing, and disseminating lessons from the program to improve program performance and overall outcomes.- Support capacity building of health workers through (on the job) training and mentoring in integrated people-centered approach in the knowledge and skills to improve newborn and child survival.- Work with MOH and program districts to improve and make available all essential key commodities, equipment for delivery of newborn and child health services, and necessary laboratory diagnostics to ensure basic tests are conducted.- Work with MOH to develop newborn and child health IEC/BCC materials to encourage health care providers to adapt to the integrated people-centered approach for better health practices.- Work with MOH to ensure that program districts conduct integrated community outreach services, promote male involvement, and strengthen referral systems between different care levels.- Work with MOH to support the regular engagement of community structures to address newborn and child health problems associated with gatekeepers, traditional structures, beliefs, attitudes, and practices in all program districts.- Support MOH to strengthen accountability and budget tracking regarding newborn and child health funds allocated by the MOH and provided by cooperating partners.- In collaboration with the M&E officer, ensure that high-quality data on newborn health indicators are collected, analyzed, and utilized to inform decision making, resource allocation, and interventions.- Any other duties assigned.
- Closely collaborate with Program Manager in development of coverage improvement strategies in collaboration with key government stakeholders and development partners in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating coverage improvement strategies and decision making- Execute implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery across Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh- Support the Program Manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Program, ensuring consistent improvements in immunization supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management,- Vaccines Delivery and Logistics, data systems and review mechanisms- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with MoHFW, government stakeholders and key partners- Other responsibilities as needed