Click column header to sort
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for oxygen access and health systems strengthening.- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.- Develop strategies to improve access to medical oxygen at national, state, and facility levels based on in-depth understanding of oxygen needs and landscape i.e., oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users, and intermediaries.- Closely support DoHFW officials in identifying and bridging gaps in supply chain and engage with divisional and district-level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.- Support WJCF's strategy for increased access to healthcare by identifying areas with significant beneficiary and policy impact.- Generate insights on issues related to quality, composition, supply, and administration of medical oxygen and suggest corrective actions.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights.- Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCFCHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight and monitoring of key verticals of the HIV and Syphilis programs portfolio- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort- Support external stakeholder management and engagement with donors, GoI officials and partners- Manage effective project implementation, technical research as well as contextualized approaches to achieve project outcomes- Support Program Manager in identifying and defining WJCF's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact- Develop strategic and policy briefs to guide programs in newer areas and deepen engagement at the national and state level in areas of HIV prevention, advanced HIV disease, HIV self-testing, Triple Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis, STI management, and integration with other programs of relevance such as HIV, Hepatitis, etc.- Oversee execution of workplans, progress reports, management of budgets and finances in accordance with financial covenants and procedures- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, to effectively communicate CHAI’s achievements in the HIV and Syphilis verticals- Support recruitment of talent in consonance with project needs and provide guidance/ mentoring to project staff- Liaise with CHAI’s global teams regarding information about new diagnostics and drugs and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new products as they become available- Other responsibilities as guided by Program Manager
- Market Intelligence- Maintain an organized, up-to-date knowledge base of the market landscape for key products in the oxygen space- Maintain a pricing database from quotes received in prior procurements (among other sources) and analyze pricing trends and influences across different product categories- Support targeted efforts (through desk research, data collection, lead generation, etc.) to landscape new products / markets as needed to support overall program strategy and/or country planning / implementation. Examples include:- Consumables and equipment suppliers- Medical equipment distributors- Repair and Maintenance vendors- PSA/Liquid oxygen production site database- Document effective methods and sources for rapid market landscaping and company research- Recommend strategic priorities, objectives, and/or approaches based on an up-to-date knowledge of global and regional market landscapes for key products- Supplier Management- Maintain a central relationship management database / tool on key manufacturers and distributors in collaboration with the EM Procurement Officer where appropriate- Support senior Global Team members with supplier negotiations, communications, and general relationship management functions- Coordinate markets and technical support / inputs for country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with EM Procurement Officer and EM Engineering technical specialists- Market Shaping Interventions- Supporting with company due diligence / research, market position analyses, reference pricing development, sensitivity analysis, etc.- Country-specific vendor identification / selection and due diligence- Demand forecasting analytical support- Demand vs. supply mapping- Basic supply model mapping & development (facility selection recommendations and defining equipment requirements)- Including packages of recommendations for MoH / stakeholders- Cost modelling and options analysis for above- Support supplier engagement efforts, incl. negotiations and deal development, with analytics and background desk research- Provide input / assistance to country support managers in response to markets-related country team needs / requests
Global Supply Coordination- Support development and coordination of SRH product introduction and scale up strategies- Develop M&E frameworks and monitor key indicators relevant to support SRH product introduction and scale up strategies- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH supplies and commodity security and become established as a respected and trusted thought leader within CHAI and within the global community- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Coordinate CHAI efforts related to SRH product introduction for 1-2 products.Country Technical Assistance- Work with country focal points on the GSRH team to provide input into country strategies on specific technical areas related to product introduction roll-out, supply-chain, and policyCatalytic Opportunity Fund- Conduct impact analyses for COF workstreams including DMPA-SC Scale Up and Regulatory Advocacy COF, Hormonal IUD and MA Combipack- Work with SRH Supplies Manager to drive discussions with COF donors, SEMA, and country teams on future of demand-side financing; this will include development and presentation of deliverables, materials, and outputs to support discussions- As applicable, will support additional needs within Supplies workstream such as supporting set-up of additional COF funding stream and/or drive application reviews for hormonal IUD, MA combipack, DMPA SC, and post-partum hemorrhage (PPH) COF workstreamsGeneral- Work collaboratively with Global SRH Team, Global MNH Team, Global Markets Team (GMT), Applied Analytics and other relevant CHAI global teams, and CHAI country teams to achieve project goals- Contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Contribute to grant development and donor reports as needed- Provide analytical support as requested- Travel to meet with global stakeholders as well as to CHAI focus countries in Africa and Asia as needed- Other project and responsibilities as needed
- Review ways to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and the safeguard of assets for the USAID funded project within CHAI’s existing policy framework. Recommend to the senior leadership of the project improvement of existing controls or development of new controls in local, regional, and cross-cutting operating environment.- Support the management in building a robust compliance culture based on ethical standards of behavior.- Support the management of the project to have a dynamic operation while in compliance with the applicable regulations by being creative in finding solutions.- Provide expert advice and guidance to the team whenever asked on how to manage risk and ensure full compliance with USAID regulations, CHAI policies, and country laws, while maintaining a robust operation.- Promote a project-wide culture of risk management compliance through staff training and awareness activities. Ensure required project-related staff trainings, including for program, operations, and finance teams, are completed and documented on time, e.g., PSEAH, conflict of interest, fraud prevention, respectful workplace.- Develop and roll out after securing the senior management of the project’s approval compliance tools such as: quick compliance reference guides, check list, and related materials. Manage the project’s compliance log including coordinating cross-functional support for the project to remain compliant in all areas. Convene regular project compliance committee call.- Work with project leadership, managers, and other staff members to better promote efficiency and reduce compliance risks.- Make recommendation to the project senior leadership about project compliance with award conditions, applicable regulations, CHAI policies and local laws. Support and development of key procurement policies and procedures (beyond those managed at the program level) to comply with all USG restrictions.- Conduct post review of major procurements, subcontractor, and vendor payments, tracking risk and compliance issues, and making recommendation to project leadership and key managers for improvements to project procedures.- Coordinate roll out of any project-specific guideline updates or process clarifications in coordination with the senior management of the project including fraud prevention, operations, financial support documentation protocols and audit procedures.- Regularly review /audit transactions for completeness of documentation and according to the cost principles of USG.- Test internal controls, target in particular high-risk areas; document any weaknesses and their impact and make recommendations to the senior leadership of the project to address these weaknesses.- Report allegations or potential fraud as required and provide project-level support to internal investigations as requested.- Support development of subaward due diligence procedures, assessments and related tools, conduct compliance assessments of major sub-awardees/subcontractors and present findings to the senior leadership of the project. Follow up the implementations of recommendations given to sub-contractors from these compliance assessments. Regularly review subcontractor financial reporting and documentations.- Ensure compliance with the branding and marking strategy that is approved by the donor.- Coordinate internal and external audits and assessments.- Manage the staff timesheets on the project, including timely collection of timesheets, review of timesheets for accuracy, and transmission to CHAI finance teams.- Regularly review /audit transactions for completeness of documentation and according to the cost principles of USG.- Approximately 20 percent of time will be focused on addressing the intersection of CHAI’s organizational wide policies, practices, and procedures with the requirements for complying with USAID funded project. It is anticipated that the first six months of the position will emphasize understanding CHAI’s current cross-cutting policy and governance infrastructure through lens and implementation of the FHI grant. Then, the following months will emphasize tasks and deliverables to adapt and extend the FHI/USAID compliance tools across the organization, as relevant. In this capacity, the Compliance Officer will work closely with the Senior Director of Legal and Compliance to complete the following:- Serve as a subject matter expert for major compliance matters related to USG funding, particularly USAID awards, including providing relevant guidance to stakeholders up, down, and across organization.- Support gap assessment of compliance requirements (e.g., all USAID Standard Provisions for US Nongovernmental Organizations) to identify, support and develop necessary policies and procedures at the organizational level.- Support finance in the development of pricing rates, NICRA, etc.
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker and assist with data analysis- Support day to day communication with vendors and suppliers by Monitoring procurement email and liaising with technical and procurement teams to respond to supplier queries- Compile and send back frequently asked questions from vendors using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File all solicitation documents as well as submissions from vendors using appropriate technical documentation methodology allowing for easy access during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation team and file and store reports from evaluation committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Support in completing payment requests forms and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner- Other responsibilities as needed
The Oxygen Scientist is a member of the Oxygen program team of the CHAI-DRC, responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating all program activities. Theywill report directly to the Associate Director, Diagnostics and Supply Chain. This role requires strong technical, managerial, communication, and organizational skills. The Oxygen Scientist will be based in Kinshasa, with the following specific responsibilities:- Collaborate with CHAI DRC team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal.- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain, infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment and equipment maintenance, including supporting the development of job aids, and training materials.- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of costing, scenario modelling, budgeting for oxygen interventions, analyzing technical challenges in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed.- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the current program, leveraging current analysis to drive action, as well as assisting with the development of sustainable M&E frameworks and tools for the Ministry of Health to see and manage data over the long term.- Support the Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings.- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise.- Conduct joint supervision visits to public hospitals at both national and subnational levels with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19.- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership.- Provide technical support to MoH in developing a strategic oxygen roadmap to expand access to oxygen beyond COVID-19 to cover treatment access to other SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection).- Lead the installation and effective management of PSA in different provinces.- Lead the introduction and implementation of medical liquid oxygen in DRC.- Other relevant tasks as requested.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences