Click column header to sort
The Senior Associate will be part of CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines team, working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global oxygen supply and prices. The Senior Associate will report into the Global Essential Medicines team and work closely with CHAI’s country teams in more than 15 countries and other cross-cutting teams such as the Global Markets team. Country level support: - Conduct robust quantifications of national oxygen need and production capacities based on various data sources (e.g., health facility assessments, DHIS2, medical equipment inventory), - Develop cost estimates to inform domestic and external resources mobilization (e.g., Global Fund proposals) - Lead development of equipment and funding gap analyzes based on cost estimates and the outputs of the quantifications - Use sensitivity analyzes and develop scenarios (e.g., bed occupancy rates, COVID-19 patients’ numbers) to generate awareness among national stakeholder about the level of uncertainty surrounding these estimates - Leverage GIS data and quantification outputs to make recommendations on oxygen production, storage and distribution infrastructure placement (e.g., PSA plant, VIE tanks, oxygen piping) - Lead preparations of presentations, business cases, executive briefing and other analyses to inform key decision-makers about the relevant supply mix and operating models (e.g., Public-Private-Partnerships) to scale up access to oxygen - At the request of the country teams, participate in and provide technical input during meetings with local stakeholder (e.g., central and local health authorities, health partners, donors) - Develop a strong understanding of national healthcare systems and dynamics, funding mechanism, supply chains, local public and private players, and anticipate new trends that may influence the oxygen access environment - Train and mentor key staff members of CHAI’s country teams on oxygen need quantification and costing methods Global level support: - Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries to support supplier and donor engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies) - Continuously maintain and update a database of cost estimates and market prices for oxygen-related equipment, devices and products - Assist with markets landscaping through market analysis, collating of market intelligence, and conducting research for price negotiations to support the Global Markets team - Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents- Support the development of concept notes and new projects, and contribute to proposal development Global goods creation: - Proactively identify gaps in tools & global resources (e.g., quantification and costing tool, financial modeling), and develop such resources with inputs from end-users - Work in close collaboration with global stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, WHO, PATH) to support the creation and updating of ‘global goods’ resources (e.g., UNICEF’s oxygen system planning tool)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven people and project management capabilities, strategic vision, communication skills, academic credentials and a professional track record of delivering results. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Country Support Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:- Serve as a key advisor in the development of national oxygen-related COVID-19 response and longer term oxygen planning in a set of focal countries. Provide support to establish templates, tools and standard methodologies for national planning.- Act as the focal point to manage the relationship between the Essential Medicines team and CHAI countries, including country team leadership- Coordinate knowledge management for best practices and lessons learned in planning and implementation for sharing across focal countries, and CHAI more broadly- Work in partnership with focal country teams in the execution of their national plans, including the planning, technology selection, specification requirements, forecasting & quantification, procurement, distribution and maintenance for proper utilization of oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment- Work with in-country staff to facilitate timely registration, import licensing, custom/port inspection of oxygen technologies and diagnostic equipment as needed- Prepare impact analysis and build tools (forecasting, budgeting, work plans, etc.) to support countries' activities- Work with CHAI country teams, governments, and partners to identify funding for increased and sustainable investment in scaling up access to oxygen therapy- Assist EM team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations- Provide remote and in-country technical assistance to CHAI country teams and governments in support of work streams related to medical oxygen- Work with EM Team and CHAI country teams to identify synergies across programs and support efforts to enable collaboration across programs- Troubleshoot technical and programmatic issues raised by countries and coordinate appropriate support from EM team to address technical issues- Contribute to donor and other reporting.- Any other support, as required Essential Medicines team.
- Support CHAI country team, MOH and partners in the pursuit of effective and efficient health programs with solid analysis and problem-solving skills- Lead the design and conduct of assessments on medical oxygen in Cameroon- Prepare required analysis, including creation of robust models and forecasts in Microsoft Excel- Work closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers, and leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s objectives- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management, budgeting and financial planning in the health sector overall- Prepare status reports and project plans as well as lessons learnt and publications.- Assist in preparation of documents and templates- Prepares technical notes and submits for review- Prepare, review and initial sign off participants statement of payments and follow up on timely payment of participants- Prepares and submits expense and activity reports within three days of completion of field activity
• Collaborate with CHAI Zimbabwe team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the MOHCC and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal;• Lead on the development and deployment of an emergency oxygen response strategy;• Lead on the deployment and analysis of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases;• Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen M&E, procurement, supply chain and equipment maintenance processes and mechanisms;• Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise;• With assistance from the Oxygen Team, envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance;• Other relevant tasks as requested.
Procurement:- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant- Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders, Country Support Managers, and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered, in-country transport, warehousing, installation, and commissioning of equipment, in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans- Draft and coordinate dissemination of RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the Markets team to liaise with partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required and documentation required for import, where procurements are coordinated by the global team- In collaboration with Markets team, assist with the procurement & implementation of relationship management system- In collaboration with Markets team, maintain database to store market price and critical supplier information, exchanges and documentation- Coordinate with Country Support Managers to provide procurement guidance (such as price, timeline and shipping guidance) to country teams, as requested- Coordinate with third-party logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issues related to shipments and transit risks- Prepare Purchase orders (POs) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines- Coordinate with procurement agencies (e.g. UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reporting- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices), coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider), and support country teams with necessary documentation for clearance, storage and distribution (CSD)- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. They will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum- Document processes and procurement guidance specific to oxygen products, complying with procurement thresholds and requirements, including a point of contact during audit, and provide input into CHAI procurement processes, as requestedOperations & Finance Management:- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the General LEdger (GL) review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format
- Design and conduct secondary and primary research for assessing Public Health Surveillance (PHS) systems, including through field visits to various locations in UP and Bihar- Analyze and synthesize all research findings – qualitative and quantitative – to identify key strategic challenges and to create solutions across PHS system components- Support project team in assessment of policy, legal, and political economy enablers for PHS in UP and BH with specific action areas for improvement- Lead report writing and presentations highlighting and summarizing findings and recommendations on public health surveillance systems- Work with teams to interpret and communicate results of the analyses to relevant stakeholders, including donors, partners, and government officials- Prepare notes and reports such as meeting and workshop proceedings, progress reports etc. on various activities related to the project
- Anchor program at the state level and lend strategic support to multiple departments in the state government in operational roll-out of programmatic activities in the state, including capacity building of providers, plan for rapid deployment of treatment devices, initiation of services on screening and treatment, support state departments in improvement in reporting mechanisms and tools, and in roll out of communication activities to improve screening and compliance with appropriate treatment- Engage, mentor and guide the program team and partners in the state in execution of key program modules- Monitor program implementation activities; identify potential risks and challenges to the implementation plan and roll-out of activities; work towards addressing potential risks / mitigation mechanisms- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key government partners (from national and state level), developmental partners in the state, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Support in design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Support program leadership in the overall grant management process including sharing inputs or drafting donor update reports including progress monitoring, budget utilization, risk assessments and sustainability structures.- Disseminate key learnings from the program implementation in the state with government partners at the state and national level, CHAI program teams in other states and the donor to inform and strengthen interventions on cervical cancer prevention- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the CHAI program teams at the states, country and global levels.- Support development of proposals, work plans, budgets and other reports and documents for ongoing and new areas.
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward SRH market-shaping discussions- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key essential medicines- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, cost models, business cases, etc.)- Working in close partnership with CHAI’s SRH team to facilitate critical stakeholder discussions that can help bolster market-shaping efforts- Providing thoughtful and regular feedback and coaching to GMT SRH staff- Other responsibilities as needed
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with key government partners (at the state and district level), developmental partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Support program team in areas of capacity building, demand generation, device deployment, and operational rollout of program.- Support in design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Support Program Manager in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes.- Monitor program implementation activities, including but not limited to, working with and engaging with field staff to review programmatic activities, track implementation of activities, and monitor and review outputs.- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the CHAI state, country, and global teams.
The India cancer access program seeks an Associate who can shoulder the responsibilities of working closely with senior leadership on project strategy and contributing to the program's deliverables. CHAI seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem-solving ability and communication skills. The Associate must be able to function independently, be comfortable working and coordinating the operations of cross-functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. Key responsibilities for the position are outlined below:- Build and maintain trust-based relationships and collaborations with government partners in Madhya Pradesh, key institutions and developmental partners, and other relevant stakeholders to expand access to quality cancer care.- Spearhead programmatic activities in areas of capacity building, demand generation, improving access to treatment technologies.- Monitoring implementation of programmatic activities in the identified program areas. Engage with, supervise and guide the field team in implementation of programmatic activities in respective geographies- Support in design and implementation of processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews.- Support in the overall grant management process including sharing inputs or drafting donor update reports including progress monitoring, budget utilization, risk assessments and sustainability structures.- Aid and support other aspects of the cancer program by working closely with the CHAI program teams at the state, country and global levels