Click column header to sort
Program Leadership:- Provide comprehensive oversight for all program implementation for the CHAI Liberia office. Lead and support staff to ensure optimal delivery of CHAI’s program activities- Establish effective communication and coordination mechanisms across all work-streams to ensure maximum impact of activities and optimization of resources- Support the development of national policies and guidelines as requested by the MoH to ensure strategic documents are in place to guide partner activities and donor investments. - Develop presentations, reports and other communication materials to ensure programmatic impact is both demonstrated and communicated to relevant parties (MoH, Global Teams, partners, etc.). Represent CHAI Liberia in public forums, Technical Working Groups (TWG’s) and subcommittees. - Provide strategic and high-quality technical assistance to the government as needed/requested, and nurture a trusted relationship with government partners based on a track record of delivering results that exceed expectations in speed and quality.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of the program strategy and work with the MOH and partners to develop and implement solutions to rapidly address these bottlenecks- Resource mobilize for existing program interventions well positioned for expansion and identify funding opportunities for new programmatic areas. - Facilitate donor communication and manage monitoring and reporting of financial and programmatic progress- Build and leverage strong effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders, identify and establish additional partnerships as appropriate- Foster a team-based approach to work streams that balances priorities and resources to execute deliverables in an efficient mannerOperations:- Directly oversee the Associate Director and Finance Administration (ADOFA) to ensure the office's daily operations, including contracting with vendors, ensuring compliance with local laws, and interfacing with CHAI's legal, security and financial teams. Support management activities for operational staff where necessary. - Work with the ADOFA to develop and manage annual office and program budgets in collaboration with program staff. - Support robust financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with CHAI global policies and compliant with local law- Oversee hiring processes for all new staff members and ensure adequate on-boarding for new staff, identify training needs and professional development opportunities for existing team members- Maintain appropriate bi-directional communication with CHAI’s global financial and operations departments to ensure that CHAI's global capabilities are being fully leveraged - Other responsibilities as needed
- Develop scalable synthetic processes to reduce costs of drugs of interest- Set up and perform multiple experiments. Use lab equipment for reaction, distillations, re-crystallizations. Etc. Ensure the laboratory and equipment are maintained and cleaned- Search out and place purchase orders for intermediates, solvents and chemical supplies- Ability and desire to work in the laboratory is essential- Develop and run analytical methods to test outcome of experiments. Analyze samples by NMR, HPLC, MS and GC- Document the outcome of lab work in technical papers and reports. Communication and transfer of results to manufacturers and to partners- Maintain instruments and equipment. Troubleshoot issues when they arise- Assessment of potential manufacturers and contract research organizations involved in CHAI's research and development efforts- Partner with academic groups and NGOs to advance global health through the development of better, safer, and less expensive medicines- Contribute to CHAI and CHAI's Global Health Sciences department, including providing advice to other teams and CHAI collaborations, supporting the department’s fund raising and grant writing activities, and support for various product initiatives- Additional responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
Strategy Development- In close collaboration with the Director and other director-level resources across CHAI, provide thought leadership and help lead strategy development for pediatric HIV work, continually identifying new opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Support the development of a comprehensive elimination strategy, in collaboration with hepatitis and syphilis colleagues at CHAI.Management of pediatric HIV treatment scale-up portfolio- Develop, refine, and execute against robust project management plans, budgets and timelines across numerous work streams, track project deliverables and support with donor reporting.- Support pediatric HIV and eMTCT grant operations, collaborating closely with donor, partner organizations, as well as cross-functional CHAI teams, including Research and Development Team, Diagnostics, and Clinical Sciences Team.- Organize and chair effective project team meetings and calls; develop notes and next steps- Review plans and compile reports at key milestones, identifying project risks and helping develop solutions.- Oversee key quantitative analyses around major pediatric HIV and eMTCT programmatic issues, for example, modelling the impact of a proven intervention, and costs to scale these interventions nationally.- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Track scientific and other key developments across the pediatric HIV and eMTCT space and share research findings and implementation lessons across internal and external teams to inform execution.- Develop presentations and provide support as needed to project team leads.- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, e.g., assisting in development and review of work outputs, supporting project management or driving forward workstreams, onboarding for country team staff, supporting fundraising or concept note development, and supporting problem solving.- Supervise a team of 6-8 people, establishing performance goals, ensuring progress towards team milestones, and providing coaching and feedback. Provide project management of other FTE’s without direct reporting relationships and provide cross-team feedback and performance management.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.New Program Development- Work with Director and HAP leadership to identify and fundraise against new pediatric HIV and eMTCT program opportunities.- Support identification of new program opportunities and/or push forward scoping on opportunities identified to date; draft initial materials to engage donors to identify levels of interest and potential fundraising opportunities.- Support fundraising for new opportunities where appropriate.
- Support the Government of MP (GoMP) efforts in identification and implementation of high impact interventions for reduction of pneumonia and hypoxemia; support efforts to bridge program gaps, including in the specific areas of oxygen availability, supply-chain, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation.- Work closely with the State departments/bodies, focussing on health policy and related interventions, like National Health Mission (NHM), Madhya Pradesh Public Health Service Corporation (MPPHSCL), Hospital Administration (HA) etc. to support development of oxygen related administration guidelines, clinical protocols, demand and supply assessment, software tools, and on capacity building- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Provide analysis, field feedback, and support judicious adoption of newer technologies and products required for improving the oxygen therapy and severe U-5 pneumonia management- Support CHAI leadership in preparing and presenting high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements, including, the progress reports, and process documentation- Aid and support other aspects of the EM programs by working closely with the state, country, and global teams- Should be willing to travel on short notice within the state and India, if required- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership
- Support program leadership in overall project management oversight to operationalize and effectively implement the pneumonia & oxygen scale up program strategy in Madhya Pradesh- Support Ministry of Health in Madhya Pradesh to identify and accelerate implementation of highest-impact interventions to reduce pneumonia and diarrhea morbidity/mortality amongst children- Work closely with the Government of MP to identify and bridge gaps in supply chain, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation to ensure sustainability- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national, state, cities), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Ensure compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual aspects of program- Support program leadership in building and managing a high-performing team- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Prepare and present high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements including progress reports, and process documentation- Work in a collaborative environment with EM and other teams- Travel as required to provide on-ground assistance to team(s), partners, and counterparts- Works closely with and draw on CHAI’s global and country expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements for improvement of program design- Should be willing to travel on short notice within state and India with 50-70% travel
- Manage the overall analytics, data-systems and insight generation. Coordinate with internal stakeholders/team members to ensure timely delivery of the same- Work with state teams to monitor project achievements and address any issues/impediments earnestly.- Closely coordinate within the state and country teams to monitor and review the performance of the public sector field force.- Develop a dashboard framework for monitoring the overall performance of the project - Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs- Effectively coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and progress on project Operational Plan- Support the Monitoring and evaluation team (M&E) internal and global team on the planning, implementation and evaluation of midline/end line surveys- Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact- Work with various stakeholders towards identifying potential opportunities in piloting innovative programs and global best practices in India- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country/State Director
• Manage the development of databases, analyses, and frameworks to assist in prioritizing commodities in need of supply-side interventions• Work with internal and external partners to analyze the market outlook, supplier landscape, and production economics across a range of products• Support management of relationships with senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, and other NGOs• Devise analyses and strategies to support potential negotiations with pharmaceutical companies• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences