Click column header to sort
• Building on the landscaping of the Technical Advisor of the CHAI Oxygen team, support the achievement of strategic price reductions for high-potential pulse oximeters for focus countries (Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria) as well as globally, if feasible. This includes cultivating relationships with high-priority suppliers identified through the landscaping, developing and sharing required market intelligence, and working with the Senior Manager to develop and implement the strategy and approach towards price reductions• Maintain / update a global landscape of suppliers of oxygen concentrators and related equipment and accessories; advise the Senior Manager on any opportunities for price negotiations in this product category• As required, support the CHAI Oxygen program in engaging with innovators to provide guidance on overall market for pneumonia commodities, in order to ensure that innovations meet market needs and are viable / scalable given market conditions• Support / lead need projections and demand quantifications for various devices part in the respiratory support commodities package • Other responsibilities as needed
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Research into the market landscape of pharmaceuticals, in engagement with pharmaceutical suppliers and the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA);- Supporting the National Department of Health’s contracting of pharmaceuticals, following established tender procedures and requirements;- Engagement with Provincial Departments of Health in ensuring the smooth operations of pharmaceutical contracting and procurement; - Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Department of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations;- Developing and managing collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences;- Developing and maintaining programme databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Ensuring communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programmes in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the programme;- Overseeing the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear, prioritised activity plans;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Collaborate with CHAI Cambodia team, the global CHAI Essential Medicines team, the Ministry of Health and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal;- Assist in deployment and analysis of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases;- Lead on the development of oxygen delivery initial setup strategy and act as a focal point to oversee a smooth setup process at the point of care;- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen supply chain and equipment maintenance, including the development of an asset tracking system and building-related procedures, job aids, and training materials;- Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to conduct the training on tracking and inventory management for device maintenance and repairs purposes;- Lead commodities quantification, oversee procurement and advise on the (re)allocation of commodities supports;- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise;- With assistance from the Oxygen Team, envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance;- Other relevant tasks as requested.
Strategy Development- In close collaboration with the Director and other director-level resources across CHAI, provide thought leadership and help lead strategy development for pediatric HIV work, continually identifying new opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Support the development of a comprehensive elimination strategy, in collaboration with hepatitis and syphilis colleagues at CHAI.Management of pediatric HIV treatment scale-up portfolio- Develop, refine, and execute against robust project management plans, budgets and timelines across numerous work streams, track project deliverables and support with donor reporting.- Support pediatric HIV and eMTCT grant operations, collaborating closely with donor, partner organizations, as well as cross-functional CHAI teams, including Research and Development Team, Diagnostics, and Clinical Sciences Team.- Organize and chair effective project team meetings and calls; develop notes and next steps- Review plans and compile reports at key milestones, identifying project risks and helping develop solutions.- Oversee key quantitative analyses around major pediatric HIV and eMTCT programmatic issues, for example, modelling the impact of a proven intervention, and costs to scale these interventions nationally.- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Track scientific and other key developments across the pediatric HIV and eMTCT space and share research findings and implementation lessons across internal and external teams to inform execution.- Develop presentations and provide support as needed to project team leads.- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, e.g., assisting in development and review of work outputs, supporting project management or driving forward workstreams, onboarding for country team staff, supporting fundraising or concept note development, and supporting problem solving.- Supervise a team of XX people, establishing performance goals, ensuring progress towards team milestones, and providing coaching and feedback. Provide project management of other FTE’s without direct reporting relationships and provide cross-team feedback and performance management.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.New Program Development- Work with Director and HAP leadership to identify and fundraise against new pediatric HIV and eMTCT program opportunities.- Support identification of new program opportunities and/or push forward scoping on opportunities identified to date; draft initial materials to engage donors to identify levels of interest and potential fundraising opportunities.- Support fundraising for new opportunities where appropriate.
- Lead development or revision of application and reporting materials and processes as required.- Lead development of evaluation criteria and processes as required.- Support due diligence efforts to vet subgrantees.- Liaise with Contracts department to draft and finalize subcontracts with subgrantees.- Liaise with B&R to process invoices for subgrantees.- Lead communications with subgrantees around contracts, invoices, and reporting.- Maintain dashboard and tracking system for proposals, contracts, invoices, and reports.- Design and produce analytics that showcase the impact of the COF on introduction of the target products.- Coordinate the external stakeholder groups responsible for reviewing and evaluating proposal opportunities. This includes setting up meetings/calls, circulating proposal documents, taking notes during stakeholder meetings, and other related activities.- Review reports from subgrantees and ensure completion of deliverables. Respond with relevant questions when needed.- Support documentation and dissemination of successes and learnings arising from the COF.- Participate in the broader efforts of the Global SRH team to serve as a resource and support to country teams across a wide range of subject areas by leading and/or supporting one or more “knowledge areas” within the team. This responsibility includes staying up to date on relevant literature, participating in relevant webinars or global fora, producing briefs or other knowledge products for sharing with the Global SRH team or country teams, and maintaining a Box folder or relevant resources.
- Provide technical expertise on issues related to quality, composition, supply, and administration of medical oxygen- Support development of plans to improve access to medical oxygen at facilities based on in-depth understanding of oxygen landscape i.e. oxygen manufacturers, suppliers, users and intermediaries- Closely support officials in Department of Health, GoMP in identifying and bridging gaps in oxygen supply chain. Also, engage with Division & District level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in public and private sectors- Support refinement of pneumonia and oxygen strategy to improve oxygen access at public health facilities- Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact- Support development of curriculum for product quality assurance, equipment & procedural standards, health and safety protocols, as well as engineering specifications of various modes of production and administration of medical oxygen- Ensure timely project delivery and consistency of operations adhering to timelines and budget commitments- Aid and support other parts of the Essential Medicines programs by working closely with the state, country, and global team- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with other teams- Support capacity building of field team and public health personnel on required technical know how- Should be willing to travel on short notice within India and abroad- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or Country/State Director
- In partnership with the leadership, lead the design/refinement of CHAI India's Pneumonia & oxygen program strategy in Madhya Pradesh- Support leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget- Support National Ministry of Health to identify and accelerate implementation of highest-impact interventions to reduce Diarrhea and Pneumonia related deaths in children- Work closely with the leadership to manage relationships with diverse set of global stakeholders including CHAI global team, international institutions, donors, and engage with government for advocacy- Assist with resource mobilization and development of donor proposals to support implementation of India's Diarrhea and Pneumonia scale up efforts- Manage a cross-sectoral team by establishing program goals, supervising task execution and monitoring project progress- Manage relationship with stakeholders at various levels (national, state, cities) including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and leveraging government support/services for sustainability- Work closely with the government of MP to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation. - Ensure smooth compliance of all administrative, financial and contractual matters within the program- Help achieve operational excellence through analytics, develop programs strategy and ensure that the program is on track to achieve its objectives- Develop MoUs and manage partnerships between relevant institutions to define project objectives, work plans, budgets, and institutional arrangements- Coordinate the day to day functioning including support to the stakeholders involved in the project- Ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements including meeting minutes, progress reports for submission to donors, and process documentation- Synthesize and analyze all available data on fatality rates and care pathways of children with Pneumonia and incorporate findings into overall strategy and approach- Work in a collaborative environment with other CHAI staff, and travel as needed to provide on-ground assistance to other EM staff, partners and counterparts- Responsible for recruitment, retention and development of a high-quality team - Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with cross-cultural teams.- Should be willing to travel on short notice within India with 40%-80% travel- Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor
- Structure and drive quantitative and qualitative analyses that address key programmatic issues facing national HIV prevention programs; this could include issues related to monitoring and evaluation, target setting, procurement and supply chain, personnel utilization and demand generation among priority populations.- Inform strategic decision-making among CHAI teams and relevant external partners, including Ministries of Health through:- Analyzing and drawing conclusions from large volumes of data from several sources; - Creating quantitative models, visuals and analyses to estimate the cost and impact of VMMC service delivery;- Presenting analytical findings to internal and external audiences.- Provide strategic technical assistance to support CHAI’s in-country VMMC program transition to ensure effective integration in broader HIV combination prevention programming.- Support program management, including donor reporting, planning, budgeting and knowledge management to ensure best practices are shared across focus countries. - Proactively monitor developments related to HIV prevention across focus countries and at the global level – and ensure updates are shared with country teams to inform program planning and decision-making.- Support the identification and dissemination of in-country analyses to the global VMMC and/or HIV prevention community through the development and submission of abstracts, manuscripts and presentation materials to relevant publications and forums.- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by team supervisor.-
- Day to day administration of the EMAV including provision of end-to-end technical assistance to stakeholders- Support quantification and forecasting as well as monitoring uptake of products introduced through the specified EMAV - Effective coordination of suppliers, implementing partners and procurement services agents to ensure rapid access to products - Development of stock monitoring tools and dashboards to effectively monitor and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines- Support the drafting of process planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure effective use of the EMAV - Support the AHD team and program leadership in other relevant duties as required
- Work with team members to develop detailed quarterly implementation plans (ensuring data driven planning) and activity budgets, and monthly cash flow projection based on the annual work plan. - Provide oversight to the planning and implementation of programme-specific national quantification exercises, monthly stock status monitoring and pipeline updates and monthly distribution planning for health commodities. - Conduct performance management activities with commodity security team members within MOHCC including regular progress and performance review meetings. - participate in annual work plan development ensuring that team members’ suggestions and inputs are considered during the process.- Prepare and submit regular and timely progress reports on the collective activities of the team. - Participate in the preparation and/or review of the project’s technical reports/documents, as requested by the Country Director and donors.- Other responsibilities as needed.