Click column header to sort
- Develop scalable synthetic processes to reduce costs of drugs of interest, from ideation of the experiments that need to be run to execution in CHAI’s laboratory.- Ability and desire to work in the laboratory is essential.- Develop and run analytical methods to test outcome of experiments.- Document the outcome of lab work in technical papers and reports. Communication and transfer of results to manufacturers and to partners. - Maintain instruments and equipment. Troubleshoot issues when they arise. - Assessment of potential manufacturers and contract research organizations involved in CHAI's research and development efforts- Partner with academic groups and NGOs to advance global health through the development of better, safer, and less expensive medicines.- Contribute to CHAI and CHAI's Global Health Sciences department, including providing advice to other teams and CHAI collaborations, supporting the department’s fund raising and grant writing activities, and support for various product initiatives.
- Provide technical and coordination support to the Liberia MOH to develop a national strategy or roadmap to scale-up oxygen access, and conduct costing of validated roadmap- Support establishment of a dedicated ministry working group for oxygen access, and build the capacity of relevant MOH staff in coordination of all oxygen-related activities in the country; act as secretariat to the working group, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access, e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets- Support national quantification exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Integrate oxygen equipment procurement and distribution into existing routine supply chain processes and systems, such as the country’s logistics management information system (LMIS/eLMIS)- Develop or update national standards and guidelines for oxygen equipment (or biomedical equipment [BME]) procurement, donation, and regulation- Develop monitoring & evaluation tools and data collection processes for CHAI and ministry use, at the national, county, and health facility levels- Support planning and implementation of clinical training and mentoring in oxygen, including revision of training and mentoring materials, tracking training gaps and progress- Improve the Ministry’s oxygen equipment or BME inventory management systems, through development of inventory management tools, routine maintenance schedules and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and supporting capacity-building of biomedical technicians (BMETs) and facility health workers- Regularly liaise with MOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Lead internal communications on key donor reporting deadlines to relevant team members – work closely with Associate Director of Finance and Administration to ensure activity plans and programmatic budgets are shared proactively; coordinate with PM and Country Leadership to ensure any major risks and challenges for programmatic objectives are escalated and addressed accordingly- Develop materials and document internal updates to share with other CHAI Liberia and global team members; highlight opportunities for integration and coordination across work streams wherever possible- Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving oxygen access in Liberia- Other responsibilities as needed
Strategy Development- In close collaboration with the Director and other director-level resources across CHAI, provide thought leadership and help lead strategy development for pediatric HIV work, continually identifying new opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Support the development of a comprehensive elimination strategy, in collaboration with hepatitis and syphilis colleagues at CHAI.Management of pediatric HIV treatment scale-up portfolio- Develop, refine, and execute against robust project management plans, budgets and timelines across numerous work streams, track project deliverables and support with donor reporting.- Support pediatric HIV and eMTCT grant operations, collaborating closely with donor, partner organizations, as well as cross-functional CHAI teams, including Research and Development Team, Diagnostics, and Clinical Sciences Team.- Organize and chair effective project team meetings and calls; develop notes and next steps- Review plans and compile reports at key milestones, identifying project risks and helping develop solutions.- Oversee key quantitative analyses around major pediatric HIV and eMTCT programmatic issues, for example, modelling the impact of a proven intervention, and costs to scale these interventions nationally.- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Track scientific and other key developments across the pediatric HIV and eMTCT space and share research findings and implementation lessons across internal and external teams to inform execution.- Develop presentations and provide support as needed to project team leads.- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, e.g., assisting in development and review of work outputs, supporting project management or driving forward workstreams, onboarding for country team staff, supporting fundraising or concept note development, and supporting problem solving.- Supervise a team of 6-8 people, establishing performance goals, ensuring progress towards team milestones, and providing coaching and feedback. Provide project management of other FTE’s without direct reporting relationships and provide cross-team feedback and performance management.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.New Program Development- Work with Director and HAP leadership to identify and fundraise against new pediatric HIV and eMTCT program opportunities.- Support identification of new program opportunities and/or push forward scoping on opportunities identified to date; draft initial materials to engage donors to identify levels of interest and potential fundraising opportunities.- Support fundraising for new opportunities where appropriate.
- Support the Government of MP (GoMP) efforts in identification and implementation of high impact interventions for reduction of pneumonia and hypoxemia; support efforts to bridge program gaps, including in the specific areas of oxygen availability, supply-chain, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation.- Work closely with the State departments/bodies, focussing on health policy and related interventions, like National Health Mission (NHM), Madhya Pradesh Public Health Service Corporation (MPPHSCL), Hospital Administration (HA) etc. to support development of oxygen related administration guidelines, clinical protocols, demand and supply assessment, software tools, and on capacity building- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Provide analysis, field feedback, and support judicious adoption of newer technologies and products required for improving the oxygen therapy and severe U-5 pneumonia management- Support CHAI leadership in preparing and presenting high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements, including, the progress reports, and process documentation- Aid and support other aspects of the EM programs by working closely with the state, country, and global teams- Should be willing to travel on short notice within the state and India, if required- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership
- Lead the development of a national AT policy and/or strategy in line with the framework of the current National Action Plan for Persons with Disabilities in Liberia (NAP), and informed by findings and recommendations from the CCA- Ensure alignment of national AT policy/strategy priorities with existing national frameworks- Conduct literature reviews and other research activities as needed- Conduct costing of the national AT policy and/or strategy to understand the budget impact of various models of scaling up AT access in Liberia- Conduct cross-sectoral workshops and working sessions to solicit stakeholder feedback on national policy/strategy- Support CHAI’s role as secretariat to the national AT technical working group (TWG), which may include drafting presentations, agendas, and taking minutes- Build capacity of MOH staff in AT activity coordination and knowledge-sharing to ensure sustainability and reinforce government ownership- Support the MOH and other government ministries with broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for AT, e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets- Regularly liaise with relevant MOH units and other line ministries, government agencies, DPOs, NGOs and international multilateral organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings- Undertake other duties related to improving AT access in Liberia
- Support program leadership in overall project management oversight to operationalize and effectively implement the pneumonia & oxygen scale up program strategy in Madhya Pradesh- Support Ministry of Health in Madhya Pradesh to identify and accelerate implementation of highest-impact interventions to reduce pneumonia and diarrhea morbidity/mortality amongst children- Work closely with the Government of MP to identify and bridge gaps in supply chain, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation to ensure sustainability- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national, state, cities), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Ensure compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual aspects of program- Support program leadership in building and managing a high-performing team- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Prepare and present high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements including progress reports, and process documentation- Work in a collaborative environment with EM and other teams- Travel as required to provide on-ground assistance to team(s), partners, and counterparts- Works closely with and draw on CHAI’s global and country expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements for improvement of program design- Should be willing to travel on short notice within state and India with 50-70% travel
For OpenLMIS Country Implementations:- Manage OpenLMIS team through the full implementation life cycle – including collaborating with key stakeholders to prepare and execute project plan, budget and resource utilization, and implementation plan- Conduct risk assessment during implementation life cycle, align with CHAI country team and include appropriate contingency actions in the plan- Proactively monitor and manage project execution to ensure all project objectives milestones are met within the agreed upon timelines- Collaborate with CHAI country team on assessment and prioritization of MoH requests based on core user needs, budget and timeline constraints, as well as technical feasibility- Represent the CHAI country priorities and requests in the OpenLMIS Global Team- Communicate with stakeholders on regular basis by monthly status reports, gate reviews and closure session- Guide country team to prepare implementation strategy on scale up, training and post deployment support; monitor and support country team in executing said strategy- Design and lead assessments of infrastructure, processes, and challenges for supply chain health systems and service delivery areas- Prepare business case and strategy for expanding OpenLMIS to non-COVID MoH service delivery areas – essential medicines, vaccines, etc., wherever applicableFor OpenLMIS Global Team:- Identify, document and champion system improvement opportunities for OpenLMIS implementations- Coordinate sharing of information, best practices, and lessons learned in the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions across OpenLMIS countries- Lead the Data Monetization project including conduct landscape analysis, build and test the financial model, and propose operationalization of the modelOther responsibilities as needed
- Manage the overall analytics, data-systems and insight generation. Coordinate with internal stakeholders/team members to ensure timely delivery of the same- Work with state teams to monitor project achievements and address any issues/impediments earnestly.- Closely coordinate within the state and country teams to monitor and review the performance of the public sector field force.- Develop a dashboard framework for monitoring the overall performance of the project - Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs- Effectively coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and progress on project Operational Plan- Support the Monitoring and evaluation team (M&E) internal and global team on the planning, implementation and evaluation of midline/end line surveys- Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact- Work with various stakeholders towards identifying potential opportunities in piloting innovative programs and global best practices in India- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country/State Director
• Building on the landscaping of the Technical Advisor of the CHAI Oxygen team, support the achievement of strategic price reductions for high-potential pulse oximeters for focus countries (Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria) as well as globally, if feasible. This includes cultivating relationships with high-priority suppliers identified through the landscaping, developing and sharing required market intelligence, and working with the Senior Manager to develop and implement the strategy and approach towards price reductions• Maintain / update a global landscape of suppliers of oxygen concentrators and related equipment and accessories; advise the Senior Manager on any opportunities for price negotiations in this product category• As required, support the CHAI Oxygen program in engaging with innovators to provide guidance on overall market for pneumonia commodities, in order to ensure that innovations meet market needs and are viable / scalable given market conditions• Support / lead need projections and demand quantifications for various devices part in the respiratory support commodities package • Other responsibilities as needed
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Research into the market landscape of pharmaceuticals, in engagement with pharmaceutical suppliers and the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA);- Supporting the National Department of Health’s contracting of pharmaceuticals, following established tender procedures and requirements;- Engagement with Provincial Departments of Health in ensuring the smooth operations of pharmaceutical contracting and procurement; - Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Department of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations;- Developing and managing collaborative relationships with the DoH, suppliers, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences;- Developing and maintaining programme databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Ensuring communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders’ efforts and across other CHAI programmes in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the programme;- Overseeing the translation of objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear, prioritised activity plans;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.