Click column header to sort
Manage and analyze data to provide the informational and analytic resources needed to influence supply- and demand-side HIV market decisions that support CHAI’s mission.- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions- Other analytic responsibilities as requested by managerDrive communication of essential HIV market information, as well as highlight CHAI’s work in the HIV space to partners and potential donors.- Develop internal and external communication materials, including case studies, published reports, infographics, and other collateral based on HAP projects and work- Support HAP’s business development, including proposal development and technical writing (in Word and PowerPoint), with assistance from other HAP team members- Proactively identify new ways to share key information and/or increase engagement with HAP’s HIV resources (e.g., our annual HIV Market Report)- Present analytical findings and other information to internal and external audiences, including senior leaders- Other communications functions as requested by manager
- Support country teams across the region to effectively implement CHAI’s programs accelerating access to high quality adult and pediatric treatment and ensuring achievement of CHAI’s grant objectives- Act as a thought leader of CHAI’s HIV Access Program across the Southern Africa region, working in collaboration with country teams and leadership to develop and guide strategies to improve access to high-quality HIV treatment across the region and address service gaps, identify national and regional priorities, support the development and implementation of appropriate programs and interventions, and fundraising as needed- Through a blend of advocacy, relationship-building, and evidence dissemination, and in coordination with the country and HIV Access Program leadership, make an effective case for optimal ARV introduction to governments and key opinion leaders. This may include preparing cost analyses to help governments see the budgetary impact of product shifts, developing different introduction scenarios, and collating, translating, and disseminating clinical information- Help governments ensure an uninterrupted supply of optimal ARVs to the region by building stock monitoring tools and dashboards and working closely with procurement agents and government logistics units to understand and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines- Help countries build their capacity on quantification issues through leadership in forecasting workshops, participation in technical working groups, and/or training of forecasting models, in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste, and minimize costs- Catalyze and coordinate the drafting of rollout planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure smooth implementation of ARV product shifts- With a client-focused approach, serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of ARV access topics- Conduct routine grant management and reporting activities- Support the country team and program leadership in other relevant duties, such as fundraising or capacity building initiatives, as required
- Facilitate subcontract and subgrantee administration and management for key deliverables under HAP’s Unitaid-CHAI Optimal grant- Execute day-to-day administration and management of HAP’s subcontracts and relationships with external entities, partners, and subgrantees, including reviewing compliance, drafting contracts, preparing disbursements, and monitoring activity progress- Support the development and implementation of sustainable subcontract and subgrantee management systems, including terms of references, monitoring systems, and standard operating procedures- Effectively coordinate with CHAI Contracts and Finance teams to ensure rapid development of subcontracted or subgrantee legal documents and financial disbursement requests- Collaborate with staff across HAP, including the HAP Operations and Advanced HIV Disease teams, to review progress against subcontractor and subgrantee activities and address any gaps or challenges that may arise- Support the project management of the HAP grants, including reporting and other grant deliverables and resources- Support the production of donor reports, project proposals, project memos, and other program related communication materials, as required- Support and liaise with regional managers and country teams to maintain accurate and timely reporting that further grant objectives and contribute to grant deliverables- Support the maintenance and implementation of grant operations systems- Develop and implement strong knowledge management systems to ensure active monitoring and tracking of deliverables- Support the development of grant specific communications deliverables for internal and external audiences, as necessary- Support HAP Operations Manager, Senior Manager, Associate Director, Advanced HIV Disease, and Senior Director, as requested
- Provide HIV and TB expertise and experience to the teams to ensure that the project activities are aligned to needs, in keeping with optimal clinical and management practices, and operational feasibility within the Zimbabwean health system;- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in the field of HIV, TB and Cervical Cancer testing, treatment and monitoring, follow trends and best practices at the global level and advise the MoHCC on new ehealth/mhealth technologies, tests, products, product uptake ,procurement and supply chain that impact diagnosis care and treatment;- Provide technical input on various HIV, TB and Cervical Cancer policies and reforms;- Develop and disseminate technical guidelines and SOPs where appropriate;- Develop proposals to build capacity of MoHCC and increase sustainability of the aforementioned activities, including budgeting and proposal writing;- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, to ensure coordination of resources to facilitate consensus on process, policy and implementation of programs;- Work with various MoHCC departments, the CHAI country and global teams to adapt and/or develop elaborate strategic and implementation plans to strengthen diagnostics and treatment services;- Actively participate and drive innovation during Ministry of Health HIV, TB and Cervical Cancer technical working groups (TWG) and sub working groups meetings within the MoHCC;- Provide technical support for effective and sustainable training programs, quality assurance and data management to support accelerated roll-out for new diagnostic technologies and treatment options;- Provide technical expertise to the design, set up, and implementation of EQA program for diagnostic tests and monitor program performance and participation;- Provide technical support and manage roll-out of expedited reporting systems for laboratory test results for centralized testing (TB, EID, CD4, VL, etc);- Work with MoHCC and other partners to advance plans for a supply chain management system for commodities, including development of supply chain tools to support accelerated product roll-out for new diagnostics and treatments for HIV, TB and Cervical Cancer;- Drive operational and policy changes to maximize impact of diagnostic testing including testing algorithms, clinic workflow, strategic deployment guidelines for selected POC diagnostic technologies and efficiency of treatment service delivery models;- Support MoHCC in development and implementation of national plans for key interventions including strategic and operational planning and funding mechanisms for treatment optimization, sample and results transportation, and technology selection decisions, diagnostic and treatment algorithms;- Work with MoHCC and partners to roll-out the bundled reagent and service and maintenance model for essential HIV and TB testing equipment/reagents, and develop/implement framework to monitor service provider compliance/ downtimes;- Assist in operationalization of other trainings, review meetings, summits, and other activities by planning and budgeting, organizing logistics, liaising with MoHCC stakeholders, and working with the operations team to make any necessary arrangements;- Provide technical advice to MoHCC on health systems strengthening related issues (e.g., sample transport, technology selection and optimized treatments);- Support resource mobilization efforts and proposal writing on behalf of CHAI and the MoHCC;- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to measure the impact of key HIV, TB and Cervical Cancer interventions implemented by CHAI;- Support CHAI senior management as a strategic partner for all CHAI related new initiatives across the different work streams and programs;- Develop program budgets and cash forecasts, and ensure activities are executed according to work plan and approved budgets; and- Compile progress reports and deliver presentations related to program activities- Conduct other activities as required.
- Develop scalable synthetic processes to reduce costs of drugs of interest- Set up and perform multiple experiments. Use lab equipment for reaction, distillations, re-crystallizations. Etc. Ensure the laboratory and equipment are maintained and cleaned- Search out and place purchase orders for intermediates, solvents and chemical supplies- Ability and desire to work in the laboratory is essential- Develop and run analytical methods to test outcome of experiments. Analyze samples by NMR, HPLC, MS and GC- Document the outcome of lab work in technical papers and reports. Communication and transfer of results to manufacturers and to partners- Maintain instruments and equipment. Troubleshoot issues when they arise- Assessment of potential manufacturers and contract research organizations involved in CHAI's research and development efforts- Partner with academic groups and NGOs to advance global health through the development of better, safer, and less expensive medicines- Contribute to CHAI and CHAI's Global Health Sciences department, including providing advice to other teams and CHAI collaborations, supporting the department’s fund raising and grant writing activities, and support for various product initiatives- Additional responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Provide technical and coordination support to the Liberia MOH to develop a national strategy or roadmap to scale-up oxygen access, and conduct costing of validated roadmap- Support establishment of a dedicated ministry working group for oxygen access, and build the capacity of relevant MOH staff in coordination of all oxygen-related activities in the country; act as secretariat to the working group, which may include drafting presentations, meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes- Support broader advocacy and resource mobilization efforts for oxygen access, e.g. drafting grant proposals, concept notes, presentations, budgets- Support national quantification exercises for oxygen equipment and supplies- Integrate oxygen equipment procurement and distribution into existing routine supply chain processes and systems, such as the country’s logistics management information system (LMIS/eLMIS)- Develop or update national standards and guidelines for oxygen equipment (or biomedical equipment [BME]) procurement, donation, and regulation- Develop monitoring & evaluation tools and data collection processes for CHAI and ministry use, at the national, county, and health facility levels- Support planning and implementation of clinical training and mentoring in oxygen, including revision of training and mentoring materials, tracking training gaps and progress- Improve the Ministry’s oxygen equipment or BME inventory management systems, through development of inventory management tools, routine maintenance schedules and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and supporting capacity-building of biomedical technicians (BMETs) and facility health workers- Regularly liaise with MOH units, other government agencies, NGOs and international multilateral organizations for oxygen-related work, and serve as focal person at relevant workshops and meetings- Lead internal communications on key donor reporting deadlines to relevant team members – work closely with Associate Director of Finance and Administration to ensure activity plans and programmatic budgets are shared proactively; coordinate with PM and Country Leadership to ensure any major risks and challenges for programmatic objectives are escalated and addressed accordingly- Develop materials and document internal updates to share with other CHAI Liberia and global team members; highlight opportunities for integration and coordination across work streams wherever possible- Conduct literature reviews and research activities as needed, and undertake other duties related to improving oxygen access in Liberia- Other responsibilities as needed
Strategy Development- In close collaboration with the Director and other director-level resources across CHAI, provide thought leadership and help lead strategy development for pediatric HIV work, continually identifying new opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact.- Support the development of a comprehensive elimination strategy, in collaboration with hepatitis and syphilis colleagues at CHAI.Management of pediatric HIV treatment scale-up portfolio- Develop, refine, and execute against robust project management plans, budgets and timelines across numerous work streams, track project deliverables and support with donor reporting.- Support pediatric HIV and eMTCT grant operations, collaborating closely with donor, partner organizations, as well as cross-functional CHAI teams, including Research and Development Team, Diagnostics, and Clinical Sciences Team.- Organize and chair effective project team meetings and calls; develop notes and next steps- Review plans and compile reports at key milestones, identifying project risks and helping develop solutions.- Oversee key quantitative analyses around major pediatric HIV and eMTCT programmatic issues, for example, modelling the impact of a proven intervention, and costs to scale these interventions nationally.- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at the country level.- Track scientific and other key developments across the pediatric HIV and eMTCT space and share research findings and implementation lessons across internal and external teams to inform execution.- Develop presentations and provide support as needed to project team leads.- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, e.g., assisting in development and review of work outputs, supporting project management or driving forward workstreams, onboarding for country team staff, supporting fundraising or concept note development, and supporting problem solving.- Supervise a team of 6-8 people, establishing performance goals, ensuring progress towards team milestones, and providing coaching and feedback. Provide project management of other FTE’s without direct reporting relationships and provide cross-team feedback and performance management.- Other responsibilities as needed by team.New Program Development- Work with Director and HAP leadership to identify and fundraise against new pediatric HIV and eMTCT program opportunities.- Support identification of new program opportunities and/or push forward scoping on opportunities identified to date; draft initial materials to engage donors to identify levels of interest and potential fundraising opportunities.- Support fundraising for new opportunities where appropriate.
- Support the Government of MP (GoMP) efforts in identification and implementation of high impact interventions for reduction of pneumonia and hypoxemia; support efforts to bridge program gaps, including in the specific areas of oxygen availability, supply-chain, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation.- Work closely with the State departments/bodies, focussing on health policy and related interventions, like National Health Mission (NHM), Madhya Pradesh Public Health Service Corporation (MPPHSCL), Hospital Administration (HA) etc. to support development of oxygen related administration guidelines, clinical protocols, demand and supply assessment, software tools, and on capacity building- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Provide analysis, field feedback, and support judicious adoption of newer technologies and products required for improving the oxygen therapy and severe U-5 pneumonia management- Support CHAI leadership in preparing and presenting high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements, including, the progress reports, and process documentation- Aid and support other aspects of the EM programs by working closely with the state, country, and global teams- Should be willing to travel on short notice within the state and India, if required- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership
- Support program leadership in overall project management oversight to operationalize and effectively implement the pneumonia & oxygen scale up program strategy in Madhya Pradesh- Support Ministry of Health in Madhya Pradesh to identify and accelerate implementation of highest-impact interventions to reduce pneumonia and diarrhea morbidity/mortality amongst children- Work closely with the Government of MP to identify and bridge gaps in supply chain, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation to ensure sustainability- Engage with stakeholders at various levels (national, state, cities), including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and delivery- Ensure compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual aspects of program- Support program leadership in building and managing a high-performing team- Design and implement processes, systems for collection, collation, and synthesis of program data to inform program strategy, operations, and reviews- Prepare and present high-quality up-to-date documents of program activities and achievements including progress reports, and process documentation- Work in a collaborative environment with EM and other teams- Travel as required to provide on-ground assistance to team(s), partners, and counterparts- Works closely with and draw on CHAI’s global and country expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements for improvement of program design- Should be willing to travel on short notice within state and India with 50-70% travel
- Manage the overall analytics, data-systems and insight generation. Coordinate with internal stakeholders/team members to ensure timely delivery of the same- Work with state teams to monitor project achievements and address any issues/impediments earnestly.- Closely coordinate within the state and country teams to monitor and review the performance of the public sector field force.- Develop a dashboard framework for monitoring the overall performance of the project - Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs- Effectively coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and progress on project Operational Plan- Support the Monitoring and evaluation team (M&E) internal and global team on the planning, implementation and evaluation of midline/end line surveys- Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact- Work with various stakeholders towards identifying potential opportunities in piloting innovative programs and global best practices in India- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country/State Director