Click column header to sort
Under the supervision of the Administration and Finance Manager, the Finance Administrator will be responsible for the following functions: Procurement & Contracting- Support the drafting, validation, and processing of agreements in liaison with Contracts Department- Support and overview the procurement process of goods and services- Define procurement specifications y conditions- Support drafting RFP and post Bids, if required- Select vendors (through Bid committee, if required)- Draft Pos- Overview POs execution- Support and overview Donation processing, including approvals- Overview contracts executions- Overview contracts/procurements payment requests through Boston AP- Keep the contract list up to dateFinance and Accounting- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast requests to Boston though regional finance- Prepare monthly cash flow requests to Boston though regional finance- Review cash advance requests from staff- Review expense reports from staff- Monitor staff cash flow statement and make monthly cash reconciliations- Review and verify all Payment Request of its accuracy of account code, unit costs, expense description, PID, GID in line with LAC Finance Manual- Review and submit documentation for payment transactions and ensure it has adequate supporting documents- Follow up, support and monitoring of programmatic payment requests.- Keep the payment list up to dateBudgeting and Budgeting Control- Support Projects budget for global team finance manager- Support annual budget and reforecast process, in respond to B&R Boston request- Ensure an appropriate use of the available budget- Review and correct monthly preliminary financials, in respond to Accounting Boston through the regional finance manager- Sort out monthly expenses of according to donor categories (Reporting Categories)- Prepare monthly budget control report- Draft financial reports for global team finance managers, on demandAdministration- Support teams to organize meetings and conferences, including coordination with external parties and organization on venues, food, transportation, etc. as needed- Ensure that appropriate arrangements for visitors are made, including pickups, hotel and air bookings, and other travel arrangements if needed- Administrative support to any other programmatic activity, if neededOther Responsibilities:- Any other finance/administrative support to any Covid programmatic activity, as needed- Perform any other administrative duty related to the work area assigned by the supervisor.
Under the supervision of the Regional Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Administration Senior Assistant will be responsible for the following functions: Procurement & Contracting- Support the acquisition of all expendable and non-expendable assets, ensuring that contract process and/or procurement is made according to the organization's rules and procedures with corresponding files on record.- Maintain the asset inventory register, to track their utilization and disposal.- Develop and maintain a vendor’s log and update as needed.- Maintain contracting and procurement documentation that is compliant with CHAI’s internal policies & procedures.- Keep the contract list up to date.Finance and Accounting- Ensure that all financial transactions are entered into QuickBooks accurately, using CHAI standard accounting framework, and on timely basis.- Maintain accuracy and integrity of the finance database, including the completion of approved CHAI monthly financial reports.- Responsible for adequate bank reconciliation.- Operation invoices payment processing.- Follow up, support and monitoring of cash flow statement (cash advance requests/expense reports); etc., and always adhering to the LAC Finance and Compliance Manual.- Prepare CHAI monthly financial reports and monthly reconciliations and submit to the Regional Financial Manager for approval.- Other accounting tasks as needed.Regional Office Administration- Maintain inventory and procure office supplies including consumables, stationery, equipment, cleaning supplies and others required.- Coordinate recurrent office services including cleaning, gardening, A/C maintenance, fumigation, others.- Supervise meeting room use.- Arranging post, deliveries, and printing.- Coordinate IT equipment checks, formatting, and disposal.- Make office payments including utilities and services.Other Responsibilities- Perform any other administrative duty related to the work area assigned by the supervisor.
- Support CHAI country team, MOH, partners and targeted healthcare workers in the pursuit of adapting a point of use test card, for assessing the quality of chemotherapy drugs.- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to determine the market trend of chemotherapy products in Cameroon.- Implement post market surveys (PMS) of anti-cancer products in circulation in Cameroon using fast, reliable, affordable procedures like Spot-checks.- Develop a health and economic cost benefit analysis of instituting PMS on chemotherapy products for the country taking into consideration the impact on the health of patients.- Participate in the development and review of manuscripts for publication in peer review journals.- Collect relevant information to maximize access to scarce chemotherapy products and protect patient health in target health facilities.- Prepare preliminary analysis of data collected to guide leadership of investigators.- Collaborate closely with the team to proactively identify areas of opportunity as well as possible challenges and barriers to cancer treatment access.- Leverage strong analytical and problem-solving skills to accelerate progress towards the program’s milestones.- Provide additional technical assistance as needed in the areas of M&E, data management.- Prepare status reports and other required project update documents.- Prepares and submits relevant expense and activity reports within institutional timelines.- Carry out any other duties as may be required by CHAI leadership.
Finance and Accounting- Compile all payments requests and submit to Finance manager for review and approval by budget holder or Country Director- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices and payments- Sending supplier remittances where applicable- Support the internal or external audit process by sorting out audit sample and ensure their completeness- Act as first level support to new colleagues on finance processes and compliance issues- Assist Program staff in assigning the correct PID / GID in their expense reports- Receive and review all their party (EU, MTN etc.) payment vouchers and file them with appropriate TN’s- Prepare weekly cash release and submit to finance manager for review an approval by Country Director- Track staff travel cash advances and reconciliations to ensure compliance with finance manual- Monitor Fuel Tom card balances and ensure timely refill- Follow up with suppliers for original invoices and/or receipts- Support the month end close process with preparation of monthly fuel and carbon report- Ensure monthly filing of all finance vouchers and month end close files- Ensure monthly scanning of finance documents including vouchers, contracts etc.- Track and maintain records of equipment and capital purchases- Other accounting tasks as neededProcurement- Regularly update the vendor register with relevant information for new vendors- Ensure the PO tracker is updated weekly- Ensure all OFAC checks are updated on timely basis in line with CHAI policy- Review purchase orders and other relevant procurement documents for correctness and completeness before they are issued to vendors, and/or processed- Review purchase orders and consult with the team lead for approval, prior to issuance within agreed upon thresholds- Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure administrative documents, invoices, GRN are provided before payment is processed- Provide guidance to the program team on compliance requirements in procurement- Other procurement tasks as neededAdministrative- Maintain the asset register and ensure it is always up to date, including conducting impromptu asset verification on a periodic basis- Maintain office records such as travel logs, asset lists, and others as needed- Receive office supplies and prepare GRN- Manage office supplies/consumables stock and ensure timely replenishment- Collect and distribute in-coming mail, record, and send out all out-going mail- Keep reference serial list and assign to new external correspondence- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings and set up of conference room(s), request cash advance for refreshments, and provide other logistics for in-house meetings- Oversee office facilities management, transportation, and logistics, including making necessary arrangements for project meetings, workshops, and trainings- Manage the project leadership’s agenda, contacting people to request and confirm appointments- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, transportation, and utilities- Manage office supplies and consumables stock to ensure timely replenishment- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Support development and management of HIV self-testing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors- Analysis and quantification of implementation trends by districts and provinces- Support the quantification and costing of HIVSS for the NDoH against available HTS programs including helping the government to identify risks and challenges; monitor HIV Testing Services (HTS) performance and outcomes, starting with HIVSS, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally- Conduct a mini-survey in a community to be selected by West Rand on reasons why males are reluctant to visit health facilities- Conducting routine field supervision visits, and support the review and facilitation of M&E trainings and engagements- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt from the scale up of HIVSS- Monitoring and updating of the AGYW repository bi-annualy, sharing the tool with implementing partners- Developing and maintaining programme databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation- Support quarterly programme evaluation to improve programme implementation and inform scale-up efforts. Represent the programme in meetings and workshops- Willingness to travel frequently across the country and abroad when the need arises- Perform other tasks as necessary
Document Processing (70%)- Process and track all CHAI agreements in the department’s electronic files and via the Contracts department’s Access database and Finance system- Support the signature process for agreements signed by CHAI leadership and assist in ensuring original documents are filed and shipped to CHAI partners and teams, as needed- Maintain department’s filing systems- Respond to ad-hoc information and documentation requests- Support the department’s annual audit of all organizational contracts in support of global Accounting auditTechnology and Compliance Projects (20%)- Maintain organization’s terror watchlist software and support relationship with the vendor- Conduct trainings for CHAI employees tasked with conducting terror checks and create relevant training materials- Support department’s roll out of electronic signing platform for contractsTeam Coordination (5%)- Coordinate, with direction from Finance Director, the maintenance of department expenditures, related invoicing and interactions with CHAI Finance- Maintain agenda for all departmental meetingsOther (5%)- Conduct ad-hoc projects including the generation of reports for program teams and other Boston-based operations departments
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for infectious disease surveillance and diagnostics- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.- Closely support DoHFW officials to identify process gaps and engage with divisional and district-level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.- Support WJCF's strategy for increased access to healthcare by identifying areas with significant beneficiary and policy impact.- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights.- Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Work closely with the CHAI Health Systems Strengthening Cluster and government counterparts to plan, schedule, and organize activities- Lead preparation of activity budgets and ensure timely liquidation of all activities once completed, in line with CHAI and donor best practices and policies for sound financial management- Lead activity logistics in collaboration with the CHAI Finance and Operations teams, including disbursing allowances to meeting participants and ensuring that services such as venue hire, conferencing, printing, etc. are available for activities as relevant- Support drafting of meeting reports and other required documentation for donor reporting as needed- Maintain an effective and cordial relationship with government counterparts- Provide regular progress updates, including identifying and proactively flagging any emerging challenges in activity implementation for joint solution-finding- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager, District Health Systems Strengthening or the Program Manager, Sustainable Health Financing
- Work closely with the DHMT to plan, schedule, and organize activities, including development of a workplan based on identified priorities within the DIP- Support the DHMT to flexibly adjust and amend the workplan as circumstances evolve- Lead preparation of activity budgets and ensure timely liquidation of all activities once completed, in line with CHAI and donor best practices and policies for sound financial management- Lead activity logistics in collaboration with the CHAI Finance and Operations teams, including disbursing allowances to meeting participants and ensuring that services such as venue hire, conferencing, printing, etc. are available for activities as relevant- Support drafting of meeting reports and other required documentation for donor reporting as needed- Maintain an effective and cordial relationship with DHMT counterparts as a representative of CHAI in the district- Provide regular progress updates to the CHAI team, including identifying and proactively flagging any emerging challenges in activity implementation for joint solution-finding- Ad-hoc logistical support for the implementation of activities related to Health Centre Improvement Grants- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Manager, District Health Systems Strengthening
Project Execution- Provide analytical support to the designated CHAI Uganda programs to improve the efficiency and performance of programs- Work closely with M and E and supply-chain leads to plan, design, and implement assessment tools to drive evidence-based decision making and monitoring of key program indicators- Conduct quality control and manipulation of data including DHIS2 data extraction & analysis, merging, managing, and updating data; generating standard reports; performing data quality reviews; data editing/cleaning; and resolving data quality problems.- Provide technical assistance to government counterparts in commodity quantification and forecasting, supply-chain planningSupport the development of innovative approaches and tools for data visualization to inform execution within designated programs- Provide general support to the project including, preparation & review of draft power Point/Word documents, drafting analysis reports, thought partnership/ brain storming, Coordination, operational & logistic supportProblem Solving- Support the identification of risks and challenges within designated program, analysing possible solutions, and providing guidance on the best course of action using thoroughly researched evidence, aligning with CHAI values and principles and ensuring wide consultationRelationship Management- Serve as a resource for program staff to discuss their programmatic work and identify potential data sources and analytic strategies to inform their workEffective Communication- Contribute to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies, and approaches of the project.Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervision.