Click column header to sort
Specifically, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:- Support development and management of HIV self-testing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, including oversight of routine data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors.- Support the quantification and costing of HIVSS for the NDoH against available HTS programs including helping the government to identify risks and challenges; monitor HIV Testing Services (HTS) performance and outcomes, starting with HIVSS, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally.- Maintain national HIVSS dashboards.- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of HIVSS and other HTS interventions among at-risk populations so that NDoH can make evidence-based decisions.- Support in preparation of strategic documents- Support the NDOH with the transitioning of STAR project to department of health and ensure that the recommended scalable model are relevant for department of health process and systems- Support NDoH in scaling up HIVSS by assisting with training of facilities, conducting site visits, collecting data to inform facility readiness, and conducting data quality checks- Represent the HIVSS program in meetings and workshops- Provide support in additional areas, as requested by the Program Manager
- Supporting the National Department of Health (NDoH) in all areas of national COVID-19 efforts, including planning and implementation ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with NDoH strategic goals and priorities;- Compile, synthesize and analyse data to inform the development of assessments, reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution;- Lead in data capturing and support in managing data collection databases, survey instruments and data collection protocols;- Supporting in maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Support in M&E efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information;- Support in data management and analysis tools such as indicator dashboards to monitor and track ongoing work; • Conduct routine field supervision visits, data collection, and routine data analysis of program data;- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Lead, guide and mentor a high-powered multi-functional implementation team capable of delivering impactful solutions in swift timelines- Develop strong understanding of the Routine Immunization coverage gap and related challenges within the priority geographies and enable creation of RI coverage improvement action plans- Enable identification of key interventions to be undertaken by the multi-functional team to solve geography specific challenges- Undertake operational planning for the activities to be undertaken by the team and monitor progress effectively- Build trust-based relationships & identify synergies with district & block level health leadership, partner organizations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders for improving routine immunization performance in identified geographies- Provide advisory and capacity building support to immunization program managers at the district/block levels on effective immunization programme management- Identify and document local innovative solutions to enhance immunization service delivery- Support the development of comprehensive & systematic insights on the immunization context in Bihar- Travel across the priority geographies on a regular basis and to other parts of the state as and when required- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Implementation Lead
- Vets, analyzes, modifies, revises and approves financial and legal content in CHAI contracts governing program implementation. Liaises with program teams and the Contracts Manager throughout this review process. In agreement reviews the Analyst uses independent judgment to vet programmatic, legal and financial inclusions for compliance with CHAI policies and procedures, grant agreement requirements, and local laws regarding business registration and independent contractor classification requirements.- Creates, reviews and analyzes policies and procedures for the Contracts department and advises on other departments’ contracts-related policies for implementation across CHAI’s global and headquarters operations. Policies include mandates regarding the prescribed use of the Contracts department templates as well as standard operating procedures for teams to draft agreements (grant agreements and non-grant agreements), guidance on processing in-country registrations and renewals for business operations, requirements surrounding signing agreements, and processes around working with the Contracts department to address other legal questions.- Conducts grant agreement reviews on an as needed basis, with a focus on overall program, legal and financial inclusions. Particular attention to intellectual property ownership, insurance requirements, and compliance with implementing in-country legal and registration requirements is made.- Maintains tracking mechanisms for all CHAI grant agreements for use by Contracts and the Finance team as a whole. The Analyst collaborates with and guides the teams in capturing and reporting on grant agreement information.- Using database coding, the Analyst manages higher-level maintenance of Contracts department’s Microsoft Access databases. The Analyst is in charge of creating new queries, and reports in the department’s database, enabling streamlined data management and regular reporting to CHAI’s auditors, senior leadership, and program teams.- Conducts trainings and drafts training materials (inter-departmental, across headquarters, and with country and program teams) on the department’s best practices, standards and procedures.- Assists the Contracts Manager and works with CHAI’s program teams to track and synthesize information related to CHAI’s high-level agreements with governments and Ministries of health.- Working with embassies, US state government agencies, and federal government agencies, the Analyst organizes compliance oversight related to official filings with domestic and foreign governments. Additionally, the Analyst advises and assists with business and charity registrations and renewals for US states and foreign countries.- Conducts ad-hoc projects, as needed, including the generation of reports and documents for other headquarters departments as well as for programmatic teams.
Provide technical support and bandwidth to country programs (50%)- Provide day-to-day technical support and bandwidth across country programs on a broad range of activities, as needed and requested by Country Support team- Design and develop deliverables to support implementation of country programs, including presentations and concept notes, and tools and models- Edit/format presentations, reports, technical materials, work plans, budgets and correspondence- Facilitate involvement of topic area experts on country work streams as required- Compile and share relevant updates with global team members, and encourage a positive spirit of collaboration between team members across programSupport hepatitis program knowledge management (25%)- Support and coordinate collection, review, and compilation of cross-country program data for internal and/or external documentation, updates and reporting- Develop and keep up to date cross-country program tools, guideline trackers, epidemiological databases, etc.- Manage and maintain up to date country resources and reference files in the country toolkit- Support internal communication and knowledge sharing, including webinars and dissemination of useful cross-country materials and global developments- Compile inputs and write bi-monthly program update- Ensure appropriate documentation, updates and dissemination of team operations processes and resourcesSupport hepatitis team coordination and operations (25%)- Plan and manage scheduling, logistics and agenda for program calls and meetings- Facilitate weekly hepatitis team call- Maintain administrative resources to facilitate efficient operations across the program (contact and distribution lists, team calendars, box folders, etc.)- Help develop and implement program operations and team strengthening work plan, as part of program Operations Working Group- Compile notes during meetings and calls and support drafting of meeting reports, as needed
- Support comprehensive field diagnostics in assigned blocks/districts, in collaboration with district health authorities under GoB, and coordinate the creation of block/district-specific RI coverage improvement action plans- Track progress against action plan regularly for GoB and support government RI program managers in resolving specific challenges- Build trust-based relationships with relevant block/district stakeholders in immunization and support DIO/CMO/MoICs in leading effective review meetings and using immunization data for decision making- Draw field level insights through regular interaction with healthcare workers and block/district program managers and addressing gaps through coordination with concerned officials- Identify data collection & reporting challenges and support targeted interventions, led by GoB, to strengthen immunization data processes at regular intervals- Undertake capacity building initiatives, led by GoB, for frontline workers and health functionaries in selected blocks- Ensure implementation of coverage improvement strategies including tools & templates, community initiatives and process improvements amongst others- Prepare and disseminate RI performance insights, intervention status reports and field insights from assigned blocks- Travel across the assigned blocks on a regular basis and to other parts of the state as and when required- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Develop and socialize dashboards and custom defined performance reports for state and sub-state functionaries to utilize for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision making- Closely collaborate with Bihar state RI Cell in development of short term and long-term immunization coverage improvement and program improvement strategies in Bihar- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates and planning aids that support RI cell in program management- Support RI cell in responding to and complying with MoHFW & GoB priorities and guidelines effectively and in a timely fashion- Develop and socialize customized tools and templates for priority districts with the aim of targeting specific challenges facing those geographies- Support capacity building of key functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery- Innovate, design and pilot test new approaches for immunization coverage improvement- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the immunization ecosystem in the state- Development of reports, presentations & templates for effective use by state RI cell- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Undertake any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Support the identification of priority blocks/districts for intensive coverage improvement efforts by the Immunization team- Support comprehensive field diagnostics in identified blocks/districts and provide oversight for the creation & monitoring of block/district-specific RI coverage improvement action plans- Design, validate and drive innovative interventions for enhancing evidence-based decision making for the immunization programme in Bihar- Develop and implement strategies for improving immunization data availability & accuracy- Develop transformative programme review mechanisms to drive performance- Ensure effective and regular engagement of the project with critical government immunization stakeholders at the state, district, and block levels- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state- Perform any other responsibilities as requested by the supervisor
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from the national patient database and share reports with relevant stakeholders at central, state and district team- Create and update reports/dashboards for various districts to analyze their performance- Input, update, compile and verify program related data from source documents in to custom designed template/MIS within required time frame- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output using various validation techniques- Support relevant stakeholders in notifying entries in to the national patient database- Work with State PPM Lead, Operations Manager at State level and City Officers at district level- Other responsibilities as needed
- Analyze planning processes, tools and templates currently being used in the Immunization system for optimization and develop an improved operational planning package.- Support coordination of planning efforts between the Government agencies (national as well as sub-national) and partner agencies.- Develop data dashboards and coordinate the launch of data review mechanisms/platforms at the provincial level.- Conduct workload analysis on the National EPI workforce and devise a model to evaluate current staffing gaps, hiring requirements and a feasible recruitment - Support advocacy efforts to motivate the Government into accepting the recommendations of the above-mentioned EPI staff workload analysis.