Click column header to sort
Surveillance support (50%)- Supporting integration of data use and analysis in routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system;- Supporting development, integration, and institutionalization of malaria information systems, including data collection tools and dashboards;- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms, in collaboration with the health informatics malaria team at CHAI;- Developing guidelines, SOPs, and training materials for malaria surveillance activities;Analytical support (20%)- Organizing and merging available data and assessing its quality and suitability for analysis;- Conducting statistical and spatial analyses (descriptive analyses, regressions and other relevant methods); - Managing and coordinating analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention targeting (e.g. Indoor Residual Spraying, LLIN distribution, health worker allocations) and surveillance, as required;- Synthesizing results and communicating them through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications;- Performing scientific literature review as needed;Programmatic/operational support (30%)- Formulating and delivering national and sub-national level training materials with a focus on analytical content (e.g. data management best practices, online data collection tools), and surveillance strengthening;- Assisting with the development of operational plans and accompanying manuals and guidelines to support malaria case detection, case management and vector control activities; - Developing and implementing M&E plans for CHAI and program activities, including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of relevant malaria interventions- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making;- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations, with support from program managers;- Any other tasks identified.
- Coordinate with Regional Health partners, local authorities and CHAI Honduras team to monitor and evaluate the progress of projects related to the strengthening of the Community Health Workers (CHW):- Develop the procedures for community health worker (CHW) selection based on local level needs assessment and analytical input, for appropriate targeting of CHW network expansion.- Make regular visits to Community Health Workers (CHW) to provide supervision and support, as well as identify challenges and potential bottlenecks to be addressed by CHAI team and technical partners.- Provide project management support and coordination with regional level staff for development of plan to improve impact and methodology for CHW training.- Identify operational, financial, and management issues that are hindering implementation of necessary structures for improving frequency and quality of CHW supervision.- Construct data collection system and procedures for data entry and utilization at the local level for malaria case data and monthly CHW supervision data by regional health staff.- Manage and supervise the project and logistics at the regional level.- Identify local level supply chain key bottlenecks and constraints for malaria commodities at regional level.- Attend local level meetings related to compilation of epidemiological, entomological, intervention coverage, operational and financial data for project monitoring and evaluation.- Support implementation of entomological surveillance activities and appropriate planning, targeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programmatic vector control activities such as indoor residual spraying (IRS), as needed.- Work in collaboration with regional level to support use of DHIS2 electronic surveillance system for malaria.- Develop implementation plan for strengthening local level epidemiological and entomological data analysis skills including improving data quality, analysis and utilization for programmatic decision-making for case management and vector control interventions.- Provide technical assistance to Regional partners in areas such as surveillance, supply chain management, vector control, and operational planning.- Provide logistical support in partnership with regional staff for implementation of CHW, EHT and regional health staff trainings.- Identify key impediments to the successful execution of malaria elimination plans and work with the CHAI country malaria team and other partners to develop solutions to rapidly address those bottlenecks.- Compile inputs and draft necessary presentations/reports for internal stakeholders and donors.- Provide program and operations updates for progress reports and best practice sharing.- Serve as a trusted adviser to the regional level Ministry of Health staff on malaria elimination.- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with Regional Health staff in involved in malaria elimination.- Develop and maintain strong, proactive relationships with local community authorities.- Other responsibilities as defined by the Program Manager.
- Establish/advance malaria vector control workstream in Nigeria, Uganda, Benin, Burkina Faso, and Democratic Republic of Congo based on recommendations from a vector control landscaping and capacity assessment that identified barriers to efficient and effective deployment of vector control interventions across the region- Serve as a trusted adviser to CHAI country teams and national malaria programs on issues related to vector control operations- Provide technical and operational support with implementing vector control interventions, including long-lasting insecticidal nets, larval source management, and indoor residual spraying. This includes ensuring that vector control campaigns are planned and executed well, and identifying and disseminating lessons learned after intervention roll-outs- Support country teams and national programs to translate evidence, current research, and normative guidelines on vector control and entomological investigation, monitoring, and surveillance into practical programmatic and field operations. This includes updating and reviewing for vector control technical content national strategic plans, guidelines, and policies to align with global elimination recommendations- Work in close coordination with internal analytics team to facilitate implementation of operational research projects, including conducting background research, designing surveys, writing and editing protocols, conducting data analysis, and writing reports- Support CHAI country teams with translating results of analyses to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminating findings through high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publications- Support country teams to identify and develop solutions to key vector control challengesProactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations at the regional level- Support country teams with developing detailed operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials related to vector control, in order to build government capacity and support effective execution of malaria program- Other responsibilites as needed
- Serve as a technical advisor and thought leader to CHAI’s regional teams and national malaria programs- Manage a team of junior and senior epidemiologists based in Africa, including provision of technical mentorship, supervision, training, and ongoing support- Lead the recruitment and onboarding of new analytical staff- Lead high-quality epidemiological activities to support evidence-based decisions related to vector control, case management, surveillance, and other malaria program areas in Africa- Help monitor, evaluate, and improve the performance of surveillance processes and platforms- Work with CHAI regional and country teams to better integrate epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data and analysis into routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system- Advise on the design, implementation, analysis and dissemination of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology- Ensure proper data management practices and rigorous statistical analyses are conducted- Support translation of findings to CHAI country teams, government staff, and other non-technical partners- Provide quantitative inputs into evidence-based planning of intervention deployment, and design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to measure impact- Proactively evaluate program effectiveness in supported countries and identify potential approaches or strategies to accelerate progress- Contribute to the formulation of grant proposals and donor reporting- Participate to the formulation and monitoring of contracts related to epidemiological projects- Manage and develop resources and best practices to share lessons across teams- Synthesize and disseminate findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications- Cultivate and establish relationships with partners, governmental organizations, and regional academics working on data analysis or surveillance- Any other tasks identified.
- Support the malaria program in the Sud-department to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, incl.:- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.- Provide the malaria program in the Sud-department with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes- Program Management: - Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets. - Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donors- Partnership, Representation & Communication- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in the Sud department;- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in the Sud-department- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant. - Any other tasks identified.
Case Management Scoping (35%)- Lead the scoping of digital health solutions to improve usage of malaria diagnostics and treatment for case management, particularly in the private sector. This includes conducting and maintaining a landscape analysis of existing solutions, information flows, infrastructure, stakeholders, and projects in select countries. - Cultivate and establish relationships with technology organizations, private sector partners, academic institutions, and suppliers working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI malaria activities in private sector and collaborate with to achieve program objectives.- Develop a pragmatic strategy and operational plan to address gaps in private sector case management through digital solutions where appropriate. - Explore areas and geographies where new digital solutions can be deployed to support case management in private sector. Support the development of proposals and funding requests as needed. Market Shaping (30%)- Understand policies and mechanisms for procurement of hardware and other equipment and services for digital solutions across countries and organizations- Identify opportunities for price reductions and other efficiencies in procurement across countries- Work with CHAI’s global markets team to negotiate pricing and supply terms with suppliers- Work with CHAI’s country and regional teams to secure buy-in from governments and implementing partners to utilize negotiated pricing and supply terms Community of Practice (20%)- Establish and lead a global community of practice, comprised of organizations who design, develop, or implement technology solutions for the private retail sector. Identify and engage key organizations to participate as active community members.- Establish an initial governance framework, set of guiding principles, and meeting cadence in consultation with prospective members. Establish virtual platforms for collaboration and information sharing, for community members to communicate, track and manage technology workstreams, and share knowledge and other work outputs. - Plan, coordinate, and run in-person convenings as needed to accomplish key objectives. Technology Project Management and Implementation (15%)- Work with malaria control programs, CHAI technical teams, CHAI regional and country teams, and private retailers to understand and document requirements for digital solutions to address case management gaps - Select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications according to the defined requirements and timelines. Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.- Develop training materials and help train global, country and program staff in the use of digital solutions, including the system to be used, devices, and any other end-user challenges- Additional responsibilities as requested by supervisor
Deliverables- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of the system- Gather, triage, and document application bugs and programmatic issues in real-time as, and effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders- Develop solutions to integrate the foci investigation tool’s data with other information systems by mapping data and processes; work with internal and external stakeholders to assess and validate integration solutions; and communicate with and manage the work of developers to complete integrations- Support BVBD to improve data visualization and interpretation during the roll out, to ensure application uptake and to smooth the transition to the new tool- Analyze geographic data with GIS software including mapped foci and buildings pulled from OpenStreetMap- Facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of the pilot -- organize and merge data of variable cleanliness and file type, collate available variables and indicators, assess quality and suitability for analysis and compile findings- Assist in the creation of standardized operating procedures (SOPs) on the process for training and rolling out the electronic tool. Incorporate results and feedback from the rollout of the electronic tool to improve the surveillance protocols.- Increase BVBD’s capacity to maintain the mobile app through on-the-job training and mentorship to build technical and GIS skills within government and CHAI staff- Communicate results and findings from the electronic tools to national and sub-national government partners, including technical and non-technical partners; and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications
Requirements Gathering and System Design (10%)- Work with CHAI regional Health Information team and country teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for malaria surveillance, including the monitoring of malaria epidemiology and the impact of malaria interventions- Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting user requirements across countriesTechnology Project Management (15%)- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications.- Effectively communicate to developers the latest development needs and priorities, oversee developers and make sure deadlines are metTechnical Support (60%)- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 set up, including updates to org. units, data elements, indicators, Tracker and Event data collection forms, and dashboards based on country’s requirements and feedback from users- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 API linkage with the Common Geo Registry – Test API linkage, update and set up org units, org units groups, data elements, indicators, and dashboards- Support configuring and comprehensive testing of DHIS2 android applications for country specific configurations- Built scripts to stress test system load, build customizations in DHIS2, run analytics on data integrity, and reproduce system functionality to ensure systems data quality- Support different systems integration as neededTechnology Implementation and Training (15%)- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of different information systems to ensure systems works smoothly before implementation- Develop and iterate on data outputs to effectively build- Configure and evaluate Mobile Device Management solutions- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials and helping train country staff in the use of information technologyOther- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Serve as a thought leader, manage and implement analytical projects related to malaria epidemiology, intervention and surveillance, as required;- Contribute to the formulation of annual work plans across multiple countries, and pro-actively ensure the implementation of epidemiology related activities;- Proactively review existing evidence and conduct analyses on primary and secondary data to evaluate effectiveness of the current operations, and identify potential approaches or strategies to accelerate progress;- Provide high-quality analytical support to CHAI country teams, government staff, and relevant partners, which includes:- Design (defining research questions, protocol development, survey and sampling design), implementation (formulating training material, training and monitoring survey data collectors), analysis and dissemination of operational research, with a focus on surveillance system assessments- Organize, clean, and integrate datasets; conduct statistical and spatial analyses- Work directly with governmental staff to better integrate epidemiological, entomological, and programmatic data use and analysis into routine programmatic activities at all levels of the health system- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities and/or ongoing management of junior staff based across the region;- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions, with support from program managers;- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners, non-technical partners and CHAI teams to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications internally and externally at international venues;- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings, representing the organization to academic/technical partners within the region; and- Any other tasks identified.
Scoping- Lead scoping activities on health technology solutions to further malaria control and elimination including the mapping of existing digital health systems, information flows, infrastructure, stakeholders and partner projects in select countries. Support the development of country-specific health information strategies based on scoping activities.- Cultivate and establish relationships with other CHAI teams and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI malaria activities and collaborate with to achieve program objectives.- Advise on strategies for collecting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data, and producing automated reports for more efficient and effective operational responseRequirements Gathering and System Design- Work with national malaria control programs, regional CHAI technical advisors, and regional CHAI country support managers to understand requirements for malaria case management and surveillance use cases, including the monitoring of malaria epidemiology and the impact of malaria interventions- Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions, particularly DHIS2-appropriate specifications- Play a translational role in communicating user requirements and technical specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI management and ministries of healthTechnology Project Management- Select, liaise with and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications (particularly DHIS2) according to the defined requirements and timelines- Create and manage project plans with regional and country teams, including project management processes and communication mechanisms to progressively design, develop, and test systems and mobile tools- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specificationsTechnology Implementation and Training- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of systems- Develop training materials and help train global, country and program staff in the use of information technology, including the system to be used, devices, and any other end-user challenges- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within malaria programs by strengthening usage and analysis of data by the malaria program and the quality of data inputs- Work actively and closely with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to design and implement M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions, as part of broader program M&E plansTechnical Support- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting tools as needed (DHIS2, ODK, MS Access, Excel)- Design and develop disease information dashboards as required- Provide support to malaria teams, particularly with data management and visualizationKnowledge Management- Manage and develop resources, guidelines, and other material to provide guidance to and share lessons across teamsOther responsibilities as needed