Click column header to sort
Project Management and Coordination- Lead and drive the success of the project working collaboratively and coordinating with relevant internal and external partners- Influence internal CHAI teams to drive project forward- Serve as a key advisor to senior leadership, regional managers, and technical teams on the progress, challenges and opportunities related to the project- Proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Coordinate the day-to-day functioning of the project, including preparing and updating project workplans, providing inputs into regional and country workplans to ensure project activities are adequately reflected, leading communications, and providing support to all internal stakeholders involved- Proactively identify issues related to project execution and evaluate potential consequences and risk levels- Problem-solve challenges in meeting project objectives, including internal and external conflict resolution, budget constraints, and other operational challenges- Continually and collaboratively identify new opportunities to add value and maximize project’s impact- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements Team Management and Communications- Manage communications across technical teams, country teams, and regional managers to ensure timely delivery on cross-cutting project activities- Working closely with the Regional Manager, travel as needed to provide assistance to country program managers and staff across focus countries- Assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Support the hiring of project staff, including preparing job descriptions, participating in the interview process, and developing onboarding approaches and materialsExternal Partner Engagement- Develop and monitor a partner engagement plan across the project to outline roles and responsibilities, collaboration approaches, and communicationsCoordinate formal partnerships for the project- Formulate sub-awards as needed, including defining clear and actionable scope of work, timelines for contact deliverables, negotiating and finalizing budgets with partnersProject and Financial Reporting and Communications- Lead development of project and financial donor reports, including soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Develop or contribute to the formulation of templates for grant deliverables, formulate project reports and presentations, and coordinate with leadership to provide appropriate updates and reports on activities- Review and ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of project activities, achievements, and grant deliverables- Support dissemination of findings both internally and externally through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications.- Support sharing of information, best practices, standardized approaches and lessons learned across countries
Vector Control – Commodity Forecasting- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and sometimes lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetingsQuality in Vector Control Products- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publicationsNew and Pipeline Vector Control Products- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive interventionCross-Cutting- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to national malaria programs in Southern Africa to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Develop management capacity and malaria expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national malaria programs- Support CHAI staff to think critically to identify national malaria program and health systems gaps and leverage the use of epidemiological evidence to guide-decision making regarding CHAI’s malaria elimination support- Coordinate support from CHAI’s Malaria Analytics and Surveillance, Case Management Support, and Financing Teams, as required, to enhance national country-level support, ensure technical soundness of strategies, and achieve program progress- Work collaboratively with CHAI country teams and provide thought partnership, strategic guidance, and back-stopping support to country program managers and staff across the region.- Support all CHAI malaria staff in the region to develop annual work plans and assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with country and CHAI leadership teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by CHAI team members, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Streamline communications between Global Malaria leadership and technical staff and country offices, and provide regular updates on opportunities and progress to each- Facilitate coordination of activities between country teams within the region and act as liaison for learning from other regions- Synthesize CHAI’s best practices, products, and approaches and work to institutionalize knowledge to maintain consistency of CHAI support across countries and regions- Lead donor reporting for region, working alongside country teams to develop programmatic and financial updates- Represent CHAI at regional meetings and conferences and develop and maintain relationships with regional partners to ensure coordinated activities- Support budgeting process, including working with country teams to determine annual allocations and identify under- or over-spends, and liaising with technical experts during the costing and reforecasting of budgets- Identify opportunities to engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s work- Explore new opportunities, engage with country offices during development of funding proposals to ensure joint ownership and sufficient program capacity for execution of funded projects- Direct line management of a 3-person team providing strategic guidance and mentorship to achieve team goals- Manage CHAI's country operations in Angola and Namibia, including direct oversight of the country budget and human resources, and coordinating with CHAI headquarters to ensure streamlined local operations- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for the Ministry of Health and external partners on CHAI’s support to present new tools for vivax radical cure in Guatemala. - Conduct ministry and external partner stakeholder mapping and interviews to collect information related to coordination between government units for procurement and registration processes - Build expertise on vivax radical cure tools and dissemination of evidence through providing technical support to the Ministry of Health for the planning and implementation of partner coordination meetings and workshops- Develop evaluation framework, tools and plan to support the ministry in gathering information to assess systems for referral, pharmacovigilance and other health system components related to safe, radical cure delivery - Lead development of evaluation reports and evidence dissemination presentations and meetings in coordination with ministry and external partners - Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level - Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Support the Ministry of Health in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, guidelines and other materials as required for trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Other duties as assigned.
Across countries and projects, the Associate will have the following responsibilities: Gathering and System Design (20%)- Work with CHAI regional Health Information teams to understand technological and non-technological requirements for malaria surveillance across epidemiology, vector control, entomology, health promotion, and commodity use cases.- Develop coherent and technology-appropriate specifications for meeting user requirements across countries and regions, particularly DHIS2-appropriate specifications.Technology Project Management (20%)- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionality to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications.- Effectively communicate to developers the latest development needs and priorities, oversee developers and make sure deadlines are met.Software configuration and development (30%)- Configure, update, and thoroughly test DHIS2 core set up, including updates to organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on country requirements and feedback from users.- Support configuring and comprehensive testing of DHIS2 Android applications for country specific configurations.- Build scripts for data manipulation and processing to stress test system load, build customizations in DHIS2, run analytics on data integrity, and reproduce system functionality to ensure systems data quality.- Support systems integration efforts as needed, primarily between DHIS2 instances, and between DHIS2 and other systems.- Support server management and configuration in countries.- Guarantee health informatics teams at the MOHs are technically capable to absorb and provide the necessary support to all developments.Technology Implementation and Training (30%)- Assist with capacity building for government staff by developing manuals, SOPs, training materials and helping train country staff in the use of information technology.- Develop testing templates and lead end to end testing processes of different information systems prior to roll-out.- Develop and iterate on data outputs to effectively builddashboards and reports for decision-making.- Support development of proper documentation for digital solutions.- Support development of proper helpdesk structures in countries implementations.- Support the design and execution of M&E plans to evaluate implementation of the tools.Any other tasks identified.
In close collaboration with CHAI’s country teams, NMCPs and other stakeholders, provide technical and implementation support including but not limited to:- Identifying high priority opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors through scoping exercises and data review;- Developing and supporting the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for CHAI and ministry case management and supply chain interventions and tools to include collection, analysis, interpretation and use of appropriate indicators across Mesoamerica and Hispaniola;- Building and maintaining a strong understanding of the malaria diagnosis and treatment landscape;- Ensuring documentation and dissemination of topics related to malaria case management and/or supply chain management research activities and results through technical reports, presentations, policy briefs, and publications; - Generating, synthesizing and translating evidence (i.e., via surveys, literature reviews, routine data analysis) to inform government and partner policy and programmatic decision making;- Contributing to the formulation of grant proposals and donor reporting across the region;- Expanding access to and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies linked to changing malaria epidemiology;- Developing materials for health care workers, including SOPs and updated training curriculum for community health workers (CHWs) to improve adherence to national guidelines;- Designing and implementing strategies and detailed plans to address gaps in availability and access to case management services, and supply chain management;- Drafting and/or updating of national guidelines related to diagnosis and treatment, quality assurance and control for medicines and diagnostics;- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, NMCPs and key partners on ongoing country activities and priorities.
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building Excel-based budget models;- Conduct costing, cost optimization, and financial analyses to identify resource gaps and prioritize activities based on cost-effectiveness;- Support Ministries of Health in drafting strategies for sustainably eliminating malaria and transitioning away from donor financing, by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, and other partners, to integrate and/or absorb donor-funded malaria interventions to achieve sustainability;- Develop new funding proposals in collaboration with national governments;- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy application and implementation requirements for access and distribution of funding for malaria, including budget development and re-programming, quarterly work planning and budgeting at sub-national level, and performance reporting;- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation;- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them;- Assist national and sub-national government administrations to strengthen routine project management and planning processes to ensure effective implementation;- Collaborate with CHAI country teams, country governments, and domestic and international donors to improve financial and program management structures and processes;- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders related to malaria financing work in target countries;- Facilitate knowledge sharing between country teams in the region to ensure coordination; and share best practice;- Travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care; and- Other responsibilities as needed.
Providing technical support including but not limited to:- Identifying high priority opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors through scoping exercises and review of routine data;- Developing and supporting the implementation of M&E plans for CHAI and government case management and supply chain interventions and tools to include collection, analysis, interpretation and use of appropriate indicators across Southern Africa;- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the malaria diagnosis and treatment landscape within Southern Africa;- Ensuring documentation and dissemination of topics related to malaria case management and/or supply chain management research activities and results through technical reports, presentations, policy briefs, and publications; - Generating, synthesizing and translating evidence (i.e., via surveys, literature reviews, routine data analysis) to inform government and partner policy and programmatic decision making. In close collaboration with CHAI’s country teams, NMCPs and other stakeholders, provide operational and implementation support including but not limited to:- Expanding access to and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies;- Developing materials for health care workers, including SOPs and updated training curriculum for community health workers (CHWs) to improve adherence to national guidelines;- Designing and implementing strategies and detailed plans to address gaps in availability and access to case management services, and supply chain management;- Drafting and/or updating of national guidelines related to diagnosis and treatment, quality assurance and control for medicines and diagnostics;- Designing strategies, plans and tools for the integration of case management and supply chain information into malaria surveillance systems;- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, NMCPs and key partners on ongoing country activities and priorities.
• Help shape and improve existing and future CHW related interventions across the GMS, and serve as a trusted community health advisor to CHAI country teams and external stakeholders. • Support government partners and CHAI country and regional teams to develop and execute evidence- and needs-based integrated community health policies, strategies and operational plans at all level to increase availability of malaria and non-malaria commodities, and expand access to quality integrated malaria services.• Coordinate with government and CHAI teams to include systematic tracking, analysis and mapping of quantitative and qualitative indicators on coverage and quality of malaria diagnosis, treatment and surveillance at community level. • Develop and maintain a strong understanding of community level febrile diagnosis, treatment and surveillance to identify the highest priority needs and opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of fever diagnostics, treatment and surveillance at community level. • Conduct collaborative evaluations of existing CHW programs to highlight key strengths and weaknesses, and support in the development of policies, strategies and plans to address them (short-term, medium-term, and long-term).• Contribute to global strategy development to identify high impact areas for gender equity in CHW and malaria programming, and support country-level implementation of these plans.• Provide central and sub-national colleagues with technical backstopping in the areas of malaria case management and community health.• Create database of funding opportunities for community systems strengthening work, and lead proposal development with assistance from global CHAI team and country partners• Engage other CHAI malaria teams to involve, account and advocate for CHWs in strategic planning and implementation. Lao PDR-specific project responsibilities:• Support development of strategy, metrics, operational frameworks and best practices for the integrated community health worker project in Laos, including building monitoring and evaluation frameworks, indicators and data collection processes for the pilot, conducting a situational analysis of existing CHW programs, and collaborating with multiple project stakeholders to deliver high-quality, timely project outputs and reports.• Support the ministry to implement agreed-upon recommendations for improving the CHW program, including: establishing routine coordination systems, fortifying CHW management at the primary health centre level, improving supply chain and program information systems, and supporting streamlined payment systems and long-term financing of the program.• Contribute to the dissemination of learnings within and beyond Lao PDR. Cambodia-specific project responsibilities:• Provide technical and operational guidance to country team in creating CHW dashboards that organize quantitative and qualitative indicators at a granular level to assess the continued efficacy and impact of the CHW cadre, and support monthly tracking of CHW performance. • Support regional and country case management leads to shape the strategy and activities for Village Malaria Worker (VMW) expansion of services and integration potential with other community-based health cadres, including conducting situational analyses as required, building an appropriate scope of work and training materials, and establishing the data management framework for inclusion of CHW data into the health information system.• Support country-level relationship building efforts across ministry of health departments and external partners engaged in community health systems strengthening.Other• Manage and develop resources and best practices to share lessons across teams, and synthesize and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications.• Support global, regional and country colleagues to generate, document, and publish evidence and experience working with CHWs towards malaria control or elimination agendas.• Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within country, region and organization.• Other responsibilities as needed.
- Provide strategic guidance, planning, and management support to CHAI teams in Meso American and Hispaniola, with a strong focus on Haiti. as they operationalize malaria elimination plans at the provincial and community-level- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria plans by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Assist government programs and donors with addressing the long-term sustainability of malaria funding, by: forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working other technical teams and partners to streamline and integrate malaria services to lower costs- Implement a diagnostic to help determine the key managerial challenges particularly around local malaria management teams betting set up by the RMEI, and develop a framework to help the government and partners prioritize solutions to these operational and managerial challenges- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI teams and the InterAmerican Development Bank- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region- Other responsibilities as needed