Click column header to sort
The Advisor will be part of the CHAI Vaccines team working to achieve affordable yet sustainable global vaccine prices and supply. The Advisor will report into the Ghana team and work closely with the Global Vaccine Markets and Global Vaccines Delivery teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Ghana Country team- Develop a deep understanding of decision-making processes for vaccine introduction (including for COVID-19), product switches, procurement processes, and financing considerations in Ghana- Design and implement strategies to share relevant routine market intelligence on vaccines with immunization stakeholders in-country to inform and influence priority decision-making (e.g., identify relevance of new vaccine insights to countries based on pipeline candidates and commercially available products)- In collaboration with other CHAI teams, foster strong relationships with and support country stakeholders in immunization policy, procurement and implementation (e.g., analytical and coordination support related to vaccine product selection, new vaccine introduction and switch decision-making)- Support efforts to optimize procurement policy and support evaluation of tender offers to optimize tendering outcomes (i.e., improved access to affordable products)- Understand healthcare dynamics, regulatory policies, price and access pathways and anticipate new trends that may influence the access environment- Develop market access roadmaps and readiness assessments prior to new product introduction- Act as key point of contact in-country for any discussions related to vaccines markets (e.g. engagements with vaccine supplier(s) and/or other global partners)Global Vaccines Markets team- Contribute insights from low-to-middle income countries (LMICs) to support supplier engagements (e.g., demand forecasting, supplier access strategies, regulatory access) and global/regional LMIC initiatives (e.g., Immunization Agenda 2030, Africa MIC Regional Pooled Procurement, UNICEF’s Vaccine Procurement Practitioners Exchange Forum)- Lead development of a robust understanding of decision-making processes for vaccine introduction (including for COVID-19), product switches, procurement processes and financing considerations in base and LMICs in the West African sub-region) and synthesize insights to become CHAI’s thought leader on vaccine procurement in middle income countries- Pro-actively liaise between CHAI Global Vaccines Markets and Ghana to share directional insights and proactively identify areas for deeper collaboration (e.g., to support Ghana’s new vaccine introduction priorities)- Lead development of effective working relationships with partners in Ghana and middle-income countries in the region and support regional efforts to improve vaccines affordability and access- Prepare reports, presentations, and other analyses to inform global policy, supplier and country practices for enhanced vaccine procurement and access in middle income countries- Coordinate the development and implementation of national and regional market access plansOther- Any other duties as required by the Country Director Ghana and the Global Vaccines market Director- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Assist the China Country Manager and relevant disease program teams to develop and implement the project activities as required by the partnership framework, work plan and budget;- Lead and/or support data collection, interviews, quantitative analysis, report drafting to generate evidence-based policy and formulate recommendations in strategic scenarios;- Assist government partner teams to develop methodologies including tools, processes, key performance/success indicators that are highly relevant and appropriate for analyses, project management and goal fulfillment;- Work closely with the government partner teams to ensure the project timeline, work orders and deliverables are organized and coordinated to achieve project goals and objectives;- Monitor project implementation, provide regularly update on project progress, and coordinate project team members to ensure project goal alignment;- Provide strategic recommendations for development of new programs, project management, communication and process improvement;- Regular relationship management with external stakeholders;- Communicate regularly with CHAI staff at the global and country levels to ensure CHAI’s value-add maximized to partners;- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Coordinate CHAI’s support to national malaria programs in Southern Africa to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious goals on aggressive timelines- Develop management capacity and malaria expertise of CHAI country and regional staff to augment support to national malaria programs- Support CHAI staff to think critically to identify national malaria program and health systems gaps and leverage the use of epidemiological evidence to guide-decision making regarding CHAI’s malaria elimination support- Coordinate support from CHAI’s Malaria Analytics and Surveillance, Case Management Support, and Financing Teams, as required, to enhance national country-level support, ensure technical soundness of strategies, and achieve program progress- Work collaboratively with CHAI country teams and provide thought partnership, strategic guidance, and back-stopping support to country program managers and staff across the region.- Support all CHAI malaria staff in the region to develop annual work plans and assist country teams to manage effective implementation of planned activities, including adherence to timelines and coordinating review and feedback from technical teams- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work with country and CHAI leadership teams to strengthen programs as necessary- Ensure the quality of products and documents produced by CHAI team members, including strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, presentations, project reports and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Streamline communications between Global Malaria leadership and technical staff and country offices, and provide regular updates on opportunities and progress to each- Facilitate coordination of activities between country teams within the region and act as liaison for learning from other regions- Synthesize CHAI’s best practices, products, and approaches and work to institutionalize knowledge to maintain consistency of CHAI support across countries and regions- Lead donor reporting for region, working alongside country teams to develop programmatic and financial updates- Represent CHAI at regional meetings and conferences and develop and maintain relationships with regional partners to ensure coordinated activities- Support budgeting process, including working with country teams to determine annual allocations and identify under- or over-spends, and liaising with technical experts during the costing and reforecasting of budgets- Identify opportunities to engage and collaborate with regional and local experts, institutions and partners to facilitate long-term sustainability of CHAI’s work- Explore new opportunities, engage with country offices during development of funding proposals to ensure joint ownership and sufficient program capacity for execution of funded projects- Direct line management of a 3-person team providing strategic guidance and mentorship to achieve team goals- Manage CHAI's country operations in Angola and Namibia, including direct oversight of the country budget and human resources, and coordinating with CHAI headquarters to ensure streamlined local operations- Other responsibilities as needed
- Définir et coordonner les activités pour le projet de stratégie et financement de la santé primaire et agir en tant que conseiller clé auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement pour les soutenir dans la conception et la mise en œuvre d’un plan d’amélioration du système;- Superviser une équipe d’associé(e)s/consultants ayant des parcours professionnels et éducatifs divers et travailler avec les RH pour diriger et soutenir les initiatives de gestion et formation des talents;- Assurer la mise en œuvre et l'exécution des programmes d'interventions de haute qualité et orienter la prise de décisions fondées sur des données probantes concernant les politiques, les directives et les opérations du programme;- Fournir des conseils techniques et superviser la qualité des produits livrables et s'assurer que les communications et les produits de travail qui sont partagés à l'extérieur répondent aux normes de CHAI;- Identifier et développer des champs d'action à moyen terme pour traiter des questions politiques clés au Burkina Faso. Au besoin, travailler avec bailleurs de fonds de CHAI pour mobiliser des financements afin de répondre à ces besoins;- Poursuivre les possibilités de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de CHAI, en aidant à construire une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation;- Autres tâches potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
The successful candidate will have three primary areas of responsibility, which correspond to the four key pillars of best-in-class strategic planning and execution. Immunization Strategic Planning- Support the Ministry of health in gathering the necessary evidence and data to inform immunization actions at all levels of the immunization program.- Work with the Ministry of health, county governments, and partners, to ensure the immunization data is utilized in implementing strategic actions- Support costing and evidence-based prioritization of activities within the immunization strategic plansStrategic Implementation of Immunization Programs- Support regular assessment of the immunization program- Support data analysis, dashboard generation and developing visualizations to inform implementation activities- Supporting in integration of data analytics activities into routine MoH processes and activities.Capability Building for Immunization Programs- Leverage best practices on strategic planning and execution to adapt and embed those process within the Ministry of Health and county governments- Identify opportunities for mentoring / on-the job skill transfer for Ministry of Health staff at all levels- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and efforts- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact; document and share lessons learned- Other responsibilities as needed
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager (SPM), the Senior Associate will support efforts to deliver the ambitious objectives of the vaccine program. They will provide both strategic and technical support to the Ministry of Health’s National Immunization Programme in strengthening the costing process, data analysis, synthesis of research/information in memos and presentations, development of templates and SOPs, facilitating discussions and compilation of lessons learned and best practices. Their work will directly contribute to the Ministry of Health’s ambitious goals The Senior Associate will work closely with all members of the Cambodia Vaccines program as well as CHAI’s Global Vaccines Delivery team. The position is based in Phnom Penh with regular travel to the provinces. Responsibilities: Strategic and Programmatic Support- Provide analytical support particularly in areas of immunization financing, costing, budgeting, scenario modelling and any other quantification support as needed- Support the development and refinement of the vaccines program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Support the development of clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact- Assist government programs and donors with ensuring the long-term sustainability of the national immunization program , by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working other technical teams and partners to streamline support to advance MOH plans- Initiate and design a plan to integrate non-communicable diseases into Covid-19 vaccine roll out at health facilities, in partnership with MOHData Analysis, Visualization and M&E- Support NIP to conduct rapid assessments to provide evidence on whether vaccine administration can be decentralized to Health Centre level- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation,analysis of outcomes, documentation of challenges and lessons learned for continuous program adaptation and improvement of COVID vaccination efforts, including potential efforts to integrate vaccine administration with other health interventionsStakeholder Coordination- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs and within CHAI, to ensure maximum coordination and efficiency towards MoH’s immunization goals- Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to quick scale-up of COVID vaccination and reaching zero dose children, and develop innovative strategies to address them.- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies and expertise of the various CHAI teams- Perform other duties that may be assigned by SPM/country leadership
- Établir et maintenir de forte relation avec les différentes parties prenantes du gouvernement et du secteur privé.- Gérer le personnel et coordonner tous les domaines du projet. Cela comprendra:- Superviser l'exercice de diagnostic des services laboratoires privés et publics avec la création d'outils de collecte de données et d'un questionnaire.- Mener l'analyse pour déterminer les forces, les faiblesses, les contraintes du système afin de proposer des solutions.- Mener l'étude pourtant sur la réglementation et les expériences antérieures en matière de PPP.- Gérer l'évaluation du système de financement et des ressources qui soutiennent les réseaux de diagnostic, de l'achat de produits à la prestation de services dans les établissements et les communautés.- Fournir une contribution stratégique aux documents de politique de santé, y compris, mais sans s'y limiter, les politiques et les plans stratégiques des laboratoires nationaux, les plans d'amélioration de la qualité, le cas échéant.- Représenter CHAI dans les forums et les groupes de travail techniques pertinents ;- Gérer les ressources du projet conformément aux politiques et procédures de CHAI;- Autres responsabilités selon les besoins.
- Concevoir l’étude de diagnostic des services de laboratoire privés et publics avec la création d'outils de collecte de données et d'un questionnaire.- Soutenir l'étude et la cartographie des services de laboratoire publics et privés et analyser le volume, le coût et la portée des services existants.- Réaliser l'analyse afin de déterminer les forces, les faiblesses et les contraintes du système afin de proposer des solutions.- Réaliser une étude complète de la réglementation et des expériences antérieures en matière de PPP.- Soutenir l'évaluation du système de financement et des ressources qui soutiennent le réseau de diagnostic.- Soutenir l'évaluation des ressources financières pour les tests de laboratoire et soutenir le lien entre le coût du PPP et la planification des ressources gouvernementales.- Toutes autres taches selon le besoin.
- Support the monitoring of combination prevention program performance and outcomes, starting with PrEP, including monthly data collection, analysis, and reporting/presentation internally, to government and other partners, and donors.- Analysis and quantification of implementation trends by districts and provinces.- Conducting routine field supervision visits, and support the review and facilitation of M&E trainings and engagements- Support NDoH with implementation and monitoring of the National rollout of oral PrEP- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt from the scale up of oral PrEP- Support NDoH and key stakeholders in the development and review of strategic documents including implementation plans, strategy documents and policy and guidelines.- Support the development of quarterly and monthly donor reports and ensure the routine reports are delivered on time.- Developing and maintaining program databases and dashboards for performance monitoring and evaluation;- Support quarterly program evaluation to improve program implementation and inform scale-up efforts. Represent the program in meetings and workshops.- Willingness to travel frequently across the country and abroad when the need arises.- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Manage combination prevention monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes, starting with oral PrEP, including oversight of monthly data collection, analysis, reporting and presenting, to government, other partners, and donors. Additionally, the Associate will engage strategically on M&E and provide guidance as required.- Support the coordination and processing of data from different donor driven projects.- Support NDoH in all aspects of combination prevention strategy, planning, and implementation, including policy and guideline development and review.- Coordinate and facilitate annual PrEP implementation planning with provinces and conduct quarterly review meetings to assess progress and identify areas of support.- Support target setting to ensure HIV prevention intervention targets are aligned to the projected reduction in HIV incidence.- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from Oral PrEP scale up.- Support NDoH in the preparation of workplan(s) and budget(s) for HIV prevention programs, including identification of funding gaps and additional resources via various modeling outputs.- Participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of PrEP and other combination prevention interventions among at-risk populations so that NDoH can make evidence-based decisions.- Ensure that the annual CHAI work plan and all quarterly and routine reports are delivered on time and with high quality.- Develop strong working relationships internally and externally and represent CHAI as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.- Willingness to travel across the country and abroad.- Perform other duties as assigned.