Click column header to sort
Working together with and supported by the CHAI Lao PDR leadership team, the EPI and MCH Senior Program Manager will be responsible for: Program Leadership- Lead the development and refinement of the EPI/MCH program’s strategic initiatives, ensuring ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities- Translate objectives determined in partnership with the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to the EPI/MCH team on prioritization of initiatives- Work with MoH, donors, other partner organizations and CHAI staff in testing and scale-up of effective approaches to increase access to EPI/MCH services including strategy and design, development and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans- Supervise, mentor and build capacity of a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial level providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support as well as quality assurance for the portfolio- Advise senior MOH staff on risks and opportunities in achievement of strategic goals and priorities- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development as appropriate- Provide strategic input into CHAI’s overall global health strategy, including vaccines, and related programs- Serve as a senior advisor to CHAI leadership, both in country and externally, as well as to other CHAI managers and staffStakeholder Coordination- Establish strong collaborative relationships within CHAI and with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders and actively facilitate coordination of resources and efforts towards national EPI, MCH and health sector objectives- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teamsRelationship Management- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements- Manage the EPI/MCH program budgets and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all requirements- Oversee compliance with Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs reporting requirementsPerform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Design and develop data collection tools and support the training of the field team on gathering relevant data about the pilot implementation using the developed tools.- Collate, clean, and analyse data gathered by field staff during the pilot implementation to draw actionable insights for the program team and government stakeholders.- Analyse data about the utilization of government schemes/ programs (including Ayushman Bharat Niramayam), enabled through pilot implementation.- Analyse the data on the functioning of the call centre to improve efficiency and enable optimal allocation of resources.- Design and deploy dashboards to enable the program team and government stakeholders to keep track of the pilot progress and government schemes’ utilization.- Provide analytical support to Deen Dayal Swasthya Suraksha Parishad (DDSSP) to enable more effective and co-ordinated delivery PM-JAY through IC pilot- Support the development of research protocol, tools, and other relevant documentation for the evaluation study to be conducted at the end of the pilot to assess the pilot results.- Synthesize results and support dissemination of key learnings from the pilot implementation through development of presentations, reports, briefs, and publications, as required by the program team.- Provide any other support, as required by the program team.- Other responsibilities as needed.
CHAI recherche un(e) associé(e) ayant une expérience en gestion de projet et des compétences analytiques étendues pour fournir un soutien technique de qualité au ministère de la santé. Cela comprendra le soutien à diverses réformes de financement de la santé et de renforcement du système énumérées ci-dessus. L'associé sera baséà Ouagadougou et interagira avec les principales parties prenantes du gouvernement, les donateurs et le reste de la communauté locale et internationale au Burkina Faso.Ce poste offre une occasion unique de travailler en étroite collaboration avec un gouvernement qui s'est engagéà garantir l'accès universel aux soins de santé par le biais de réformes historiques et innovantes.Les principales responsabilités sont les suivantes :- Agir en tant que conseiller auprès des parties prenantes du gouvernement et soutenir la conception et la mise en œuvre de réformes et de stratégies nouvelles ou améliorées en matière de financement de la santé. Il s'agira notamment de soutenir les initiatives suivantes :- La mise en œuvre de la cartographie des ressources et du suivi des dépenses, qui vise à améliorer la visibilité du financement du gouvernement et des donateurs et à renforcer les efforts de mobilisation et d'alignement des ressources.- Conception d'une solution pour améliorer la viabilité financière du programme de soins gratuits pour les femmes et les enfants de moins de 5 ans par le biais de nouvelles allocations de ressources et en améliorant l'efficacité des coûts.- Renforcement des processus, des capacités et des pratiques de gestion des ressources à différents niveaux du système pour une planification, une budgétisation et un suivi des dépenses fondés sur des données probantes.- Concevoir et réaliser des analyses de coûts et d'impact et d'autres analyses quantitatives qui évaluent les possibilités d'améliorer l'efficience, l'efficacité et la durabilité du financement de la santé au Burkina Faso, y compris pour le programme de soins gratuits. Cela inclut le développement d'études de protocole avec des indicateurs clés de processus, de production, de résultat et d'impact à suivre.- Développer des rapports écrits de haute qualité et des notes techniques adaptés à différents publics cibles, afin de transformer les résultats analytiques en recommandations politiques et opérationnelles. Il peut s'agir de documents d'orientation destinés à informer les réformes du financement de la santé et à aider le ministère de la santéà mobiliser des fonds pour ses principales priorités, notamment auprès des donateurs et du ministère des finances.- Soutenir le ministère de la santé dans la révision de ses plans et budgets nationaux, notamment le plan pour les soins de santé primaires et le plan national du secteur de la santé, et veiller à ce que les bonnes données soient utilisées pour définir les priorités.- Étudier les méthodes utilisées dans le déploiement des réformes du financement de la santé et de la gestion des finances publiques dans d'autres pays et conseiller le gouvernement pour adapter ces leçons au contexte burkinabé.- Dans le cadre de tous les projets, contribuer au renforcement des capacités institutionnelles en matière de financement de la santé et assurer un transfert de compétences durable.- Saisir les occasions de collaboration avec d'autres équipes de CHAI et d'autres institutions partenaires, afin de contribuer à la création d'une communauté de pratique transversale au sein du pays, de la région et de l'organisation et de se tenir au courant des principales tendances et recherches mondiales.- Maintenir une expertise technique en matière de financement de la santé et se tenir au courant des principaux défis.- Autres responsabilités potentielles assignées par le superviseur.
- Collaborate on the development of technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting CHAI and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs- Coordinate markets and technical support/inputs for the country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with Procurement Associate and technical engineers/specialists- Update the global procurement tracker, assist with data analysis and monitor procurement dashboard- Lead procurement processes for assigned products from start to finish including drafting solicitation documents, posting, compiling questions from vendors and providing feedback using questions and answers template- Communicate technical issues from vendors with the technical team and document feedback- File and store all procurement documents including submissions from vendors, approvals from management and financial documents to ensure easy retrieval during audits- Conduct preliminary evaluation and request for missing documents from vendors- Assist country teams with the necessary documentation to process product waivers, where required, and documentation required for import, where the global team coordinates procurements.- Provide relevant documents for the evaluation committee meetings and store reports and other outputs from evaluation team committee meetings- Participate in the drafting of documents, e.g., purchase orders, requests for quotations, requests for proposals, invitations to bid, etc.- Assist with developing bid specifications.- Assist in reviewing requisitions to ensure accuracy, terminology, and specifications are in accordance with procurement policy.- Survey for reliable sources, locate and contact vendors, coordinates with internal and external parties for proposals/quotations.- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.- Review and approve bill for payment and calculates costs of orders and forward invoices to appropriate accounts.- Will be liaison for engineering support, including the review of specifications and support for tendering processes.- Manage assigned suppliers using the contract management tool- Participate in reviewing and drafting updates to CHAI’s procurement policy- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborate with government partners, CHAI country teams, and other stakeholders, to identify data and capacity gaps that impact procurement, supply, and distribution systems for malaria and NTD commodities (g., insecticides, insecticidal bed nets, diagnostics, and treatments), and build solutions that fit the needs of the malaria program in the context of the national health system;- Work closely with CHAI country teams (in Francophone West and Central Africa) and government partners to integrate available data sources and build and/or update models to quantify and forecast demand for malaria commodities distributed by the public and private- Ensure adequate procurement and distribution of commodities to all relevant levels of the health care system through planning, data analysis and visualization, and coordination across- Evaluate stock management policies for community health workers (CHWs) and work with country teams to adequately plan, distribute, and monitor stock usage to CHW level- Establish supply chain monitoring and evaluation indicators to track progress and impact over time, and routinely report findings.- Identify new avenues for CHAI engagement with national malaria programs and the private sector for improved supply chain management.- Support broader malaria case management efforts to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Serve as a thought leader and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance and health information systems can be leveraged to strengthened malaria programs in Cameroon- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and expertly coordinate in-country and global CHAI teams and resources to ensure Cameroon-specific project goals are met- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines- Ensure achievable project plans are in place and integrated with team priorities and support execution of activities- Formulate and conduct high quality technical outputs and promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders- Develop and manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders across CHAI, government, non-governmental organizations, and local institutions working on relevant informatics, data analysis and surveillance activities- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them- Other responsibilities as needed
- Contribute strategic vision and thought leadership for how NTD analytics and surveillance can be strengthened in the countries and regions where CHAI works- Serve as a focal point person and mentor to CHAI’s regional and country teams working with national NTD programs- Support CHAI regional and country teams to develop and drive the NTD technical strategy and shape a sound technical approach across countries in francophone West and Central Africa- Support CHAI’s global and country teams to proactively monitor and manage project execution (planning, implementation, and dissemination) to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and within budget- Review and provide feedback on products and documents produced by CHAI team members (country and GMAL), including strategic plans, budgets, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis and implementation updates, and/or communications with partners- Contribute to development of project donor reports, including supporting coordination of regular donor updates, soliciting inputs from relevant teams and ensuring adherence to reporting timelines- Lead knowledge management for team documents including workplans, scoping materials and internal and external reports- Ensure project compliance with all administrative, financial, and contractual requirements- Review and provide input to the budgeting process, including review of expenditures and decisions on reallocating funds- Represent CHAI at external technical meetings with international and local academic and technical partners- Other responsibilities as needed
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Senior Associate will report to the project’s Senior Advisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Supporting the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary- Development of an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Logistical management of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Data collection and analysis of investment and procurement decisions- Coordination with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Preparation and production of final report, recommendations and analysis- Development of concept notes and new project proposals in follow up- Any other duties as required
The responsibilities of the Finance Manager include ensuring that all accounts are correct and up to date, producing financial reports used by the leadership team for management and decision-making purposes, contribute to producing annual financial report, prepare for annual audit, etc. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Country Manager and will be an integral member of the CHAI Senegal Operations team, supporting the program team in discharging their duties. The Finance Manager may supervise other operations and support staff, building their capacity and ensuring smooth running of operations. Because of the fluid nature of our work, specific responsibilities may change over time and these responsibilities listed here should not be construed as being comprehensive but rather indicative of what is expected: Accounting: - - Ensure quality and accurate transactions, finance returns and reports/summaries - Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing balance sheet reconciliations including Bank and Cash- Prepare and submit for approval to the CD all vouchers for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project- Review advances and coordinate payment of invoices for field activity and staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and the settlement of advances in a timely manner.- Review expenditure reports (preliminaries & finals) and prepare adjustments; review variance analysis; investigate variances and comment.- Prepare variance reports of expenditure against funding and approved budgets for the country leadership- Prepare the expense allocation guide and employee allocations, with guidance from the accounting team in Boston- Review payrolls and validate employee’s payroll and benefits (Pension, Severances, Tax, Insurance)- Process or contribute to the periodic tax return and complete reporting of tax formalities to the local authorities where required. - Manage financial month end closing and year end processes including ensuring timely submissions to Boston’s finance- Manage and maintain CHAI financial management system, financial records including supporting approvals for the financial transactions per CO document retention policy- Contribute the improvement of financial systems and processes in the Country Office (CO), recommending changes to provide timely and appropriate financial information to CHAI’s grant managers and donors- Coordinate and liaise with Boston’s Accounting team on financial reports and follow up on supplemental information as required.- Maintain and safeguard CHAI assets, ensure monthly Depreciation, reconciliations carry out periodic physical verifications per CHAI policy Financial Planning & Analysis- Provide financial planning, budgeting & country resource allocation management guidance and support by working closely with the CD - Assist the CD in planning country operations to support program activities - Ensure proper budget monitoring and timely reporting internally within the organization and externally to donors and local government as prescribed by the statutes - Prepare expenditure analysis for overall program and field offices in the CO as required - Support program staff in developing proposal budgets and budget revisions for donors. - Provide information related to costing and operational needs to support program implement Support Grant Tracker review by ensuring the veracity of the information in the Grant Trackers on a monthly basis - Ensure that all donor- financial reporting requirements are complied with and that donor financial reports are submitted in a timely manner Legal, Compliance & risk management- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and kept up to date, liaising with International Controller in Boston - Monitor the compliance manual and formulated recommendations where appropriate to promote effectiveness. - Maintain a proper monitoring system of partner expenses by facilitating periodic reviews of accounts and ledgers and maintain up to date reports per donor requirements- Prepare and coordinate annual audits, donor specific audits/assessments and CHAI internal audits - Ensure follow-up with audit observations and maintain an up-to-date remediation log - Review MOU/MOA/Independent contracts and send for approval to Contracts team for review- Ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements - Execute leases and contracts for supply of good and services under the CD leadership. - Ensure compliance with CHAI procurement policies and guidelines at all times - Assist the CD and program managers in processing exceptional approvals- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of country government regulations and share the same with Boston where necessary- Review the remittances of all applicable taxes in accordance with legal requirements in the country- Conduct spot checks in the main office in the CO and field offices to ensure internal control are working- Facilitate in country capacity assessments by potential donors - Lead on and support programme teams in assessments and building financial management capacity of CHAI implementing Partners - Provide overall management and co-ordination of the work of the finance teams in the country - Acting as a business partner to other functional leads e.g. Programs, Operations- Promote professional development amongst finance team though coaching and mentoring - Champion finance and risk management onboarding/induction of new hires Treasury- Manage the country treasury function (cash, bank, receivables and payables) and ensure adequate resources are available for both administrative and programmatic spending - Manage local payments & process wire requests to Boston - Prepares cash projections for the programs; Prepares fund requests for programs and operations; - Manages monthly cash forecasting and cash requests for projects - Liaise and communicate with Boston finance team to ensure good flow of information, including raising awareness on areas of risk or concern
- Support the management and monitoring of data from routine health information systems for pediatric and adolescent HIV activities in the provinces/districts.- Use data from routine health information systems to design monitoring frameworks, review implementation progress, provide quantitative and qualitative analyses and feedback to district, provincial and national managers on how to accelerate the CHAI and NDOH key strategic priorities- Work with the relevant CHAI and DOH program managers to strengthen the capacity of managers and health care workers to use data for improving program performance through improved planning and monitoring for the pediatric and adolescent HIV program- Work with the relevant CHAI and NDoH managers to provide strategic feedback reports (identifying challenges and opportunities) based on data analyses of the program- Escalate any issues of major importance to the relevant CHAI and NDoH managers- Support relationship management with internal and external stakeholders