Click column header to sort
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding analytical, strategic, communication and teamwork skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:- Support the design and implementation of in-country market assessments and in-country market shaping plans in 5 focus countries, including the development/alignment of market assessment tools for use in these countries. These assessments should cover both public and private supply chains, including an understanding of mark-ups at various levels of these supply chains.- Support effective implementation of the market shaping plans and provide technical support as needed to CHAI country teams in order to assist their alignment with global objectives of the NCD program.- Develop an understanding of global and local market dynamics and market shaping priorities for key NCD commodities (antihypertensive and antidiabetic medication, insulin, glucose monitoring devices and consumables, insulin syringes/pens and other commodities) in low- and middle-income markets (LMICs).- Generate analyses that strengthen the business case for enhanced affordability and availability of these commodities in LMICs, such as demand forecasts, uptake scenarios and market access strategies; production development, cost reduction and manufacturing strategies- Support the design and implementation of supplier engagement strategies- Cultivate relationships with key global health partners and ensure alignment with partner programs and research, where possible.- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions- Support the development of concept notes, donor proposals and new projects, and support documentation and reporting requirements on existing programs.- Any other duties as required- Preference for this role to be based in sub-Saharan Africa in a CHAI country office. 25-30% international travel time would be required once situation allows
Vector Control – Commodity Forecasting- Work closely with internal and external partners to collate, interpret, and analyze vector control commodity data in support of a multi-year global malaria commodities forecast- Identify and quantify potential implications of changing trends in insecticide resistance, commodity pricing, donor and country budgets, available products, and normative guidance on vector control commodity volumes- Attend, contribute to, and sometimes lead meetings with key vector control partners, and support relationship building and relationship management with these partners- Support writing and editing of reports for the donor and dissemination- Analyze and review forecast model outputs- Attend and participate in key partner and internal meetingsQuality in Vector Control Products- Research the levers affecting vector control product quality, particularly bed net quality – including policy guidelines, minimum standards, pre-qualification processes, global/procurer/country-level quality assurance and quality control, transportation and storage conditions, and in-country monitoring- Package information from research, stakeholder conversations, and thought leadership into high-quality and clear presentations, reports, and publicationsNew and Pipeline Vector Control Products- Conduct literature reviews, stakeholder conversations, and data analysis on new and upcoming products, synthesize this information for dissemination, and provide strategic thought partnership on how CHAI and partners could support roll-out of new products- For innovative program initiatives, translate high-level ideas into actionable project workplans and pitch decks- Quantify the relevant market demand through top-down or bottom-up analyses- Support scoping for innovative approaches to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of vector control intervention mixes with the aim of efficiently achieving desired health impact of the preventive interventionCross-Cutting- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant working groups and meetings to provide appropriate technical support as necessary- Support the continuous development and refinement of the CHAI Vector Control Strategy
Procurement- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant. - Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep in the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans.- Draft RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with new product registrations, local distributor identification and negotiations- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. S/he will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum.- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices) and coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider)- Coordinate with logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issue related to shipments and transit risks.- Prepare Purchase orders (PO’s) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines.- Collaborate with procurement agencies (UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reportingOperations & Finance Management- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the GL review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format
- Provide high-value strategic and analytic support to design and implement in-country initiatives which will dramatically improve vaccines supply chain performance in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to vaccines supply chain, in line with the program strategy and model.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams to sustainably transform the vaccines supply chain in CHAI focal countries. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end vaccines supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management which may include improved used of technology and data for management, assessing opportunities to integrate vaccines supply chain with other commodities, and supporting thoughtful implementation of data management tools and systems.- Support continuous development and effective dissemination & use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to vaccines supply chain across CHAI's vaccines program.- Contribute to the team’s efforts to inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in vaccine supply chain and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Support dissemination CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community as appropriate.- Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program around vaccines supply chain, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding vaccines supply chain.- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Contribute to program thought leadership in supply chain to deliver against current and future goals.- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.- Support program and grant management, with a focus on vaccines supply chain work, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Contribute to assessment of progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities.- Support assessment of the effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to vaccines supply chain in focus countries and recommend improvement opportunities.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Responsabilités : Le/la Directeur (rice) Adjoint(e) des Programmes aura la responsabilité générale de tous les programmes du bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso et plus spécifiquement: Assistance technique et gestion des relations- Fournir des conseils techniques efficaces aux équipes de programme et au gouvernement du Burkina Faso.- Soutenir le ministère de la Santé dans la conduite de discussions et de décisions stratégiques, et apporter des contributions techniques aux politiques, stratégies, plans, directives et programmes nationaux.- Développer et gérer les relations clés avec les parties prenantes gouvernementales et non-gouvernementales.- Diriger les relations avec les organisations partenaires, cultiver de nouvelles relations de financementGestion des programmes et planification stratégique- Etablir la stratégie programmatique pour CHAI Burkina Faso et fournir une supervision complète de la mise en œuvre de tous les programmes- Etablir des mécanismes de communication et de coordination efficaces à travers toutes les équipes de projet pour assurer un impact maximal des activités et une optimisation des ressources.- Identifier les principaux obstacles à la bonne exécution de la stratégie des programmes et travailler avec le ministère de la santé et les partenaires pour développer et mettre en œuvre des solutions pour résoudre rapidement ces goulots d'étranglements.- Identifier les opportunités qui pourraient servir de catalyseur pour la croissance des programmes et du bureau afin d'obtenir une assistance technique élargie au gouvernement.- Soutenir les manager de programmes dans leur planification stratégique, la budgétisation, la résolution de problèmes et superviser la performance des projets par rapport aux plans de travail et au budget.- Gérer la communication avec les équipes globales de la CHAI et veiller à ce que les exigences en matière de suivi, d'évaluation et de rapports aux bailleurs soient respectées.- Fournir des conseils techniques, superviser la qualité des produits livrables et s'assurer que les communications et les produits du travail qui sont partagés à l'extérieur répondent aux normes de CHAI.- Assurer une documentation efficace, la gestion des connaissances et l'apprentissage au sein et entre les programmes.Direction du bureau- En tant que membre de l'équipe de direction, fournir une orientation stratégique et un soutien sur les questions qui affectent le bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso, y compris la gestion des RH, la motivation et le développement personnel et professionnel des équipes, l'adoption de la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans nos équipes.- Guider le développement de propositions de subventions de qualité, l'application, le suivi et le lancement de nouveaux projets et programmes.- Effectuer toute autre tâche assignée par la directrice pays.
- Support the Program Manager to coordinate the implementation of processes and methods—including facility-based surveys and community-based focus groups—to assess the performance and impact of interventions to reduce postpartum hemorrhage at state level;- Under the direction of the Program Manager, coordinate with partner organizations and/or contractors to conduct data collection and analysis, including the coordination of data collection activities across relevant states and local government areas;- Support with the development of tools to improve monitoring and evaluation, KPI reporting and knowledge management capacity at the national and state levels for tracking PPH response strengthening in the public sector;- Support state team members to review the implementation of robust performance management frameworks for core PPH response innovations, and in the timely submission of regular reports;- Review M&E data regularly with program staff at the national and state level to ensure that the program is accomplishing its objectives and corrective actions are taken if required;- Produce detailed analyses of demographic, epidemiological, and programmatic data as needed by the SRMNCH program team and work closely with other SRMNCH team members to develop analysis-based recommendations for improved program implementation at state level;- Develop dissemination materials, including reports, presentations, briefs and visualizations;- Support program manager in donor reporting activities including consolidation of relevant data and evidence of impact.
• Lead in supporting the MOH to Improve the efficiency and performance of vaccine cold chain in Cameroon. • Support the EPI in the implementation of the CCEOP platform.• Support the updating of the recently conducted Cold Chain Inventory (CCI) and facilitate its use for decision-making. • Support identification of optimal new equipment, following full options appraisal including new technologies. • Support the development of a robust maintenance system for cold chain equipment.• Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement. • Support the implementation of robust temperature management systems at all levels of the health system. • Support the elimination of exposure to temperature excursions during transport.• Provide technical support for development of new state of the art central cold chain facilities.• Support the Program Manager to identify and define CHAI's overall strategy within the program area, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact. • Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, identify the most critical hurdles to scale-up, and develop innovative strategies to address them. • Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed to ensure rapid implementation. • Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort for successful implementation and scale-up. • Support the Program Manager to develop and manage work plans, budgets, schedules and logistics plans for key activities. • Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Provide research and analytical support- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world- Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects- Assist in updating M&E framework- Ensure alignment of program M&E framework with existing data systems and results frameworks- Provide research and analytical support- Develop tools such as survey instruments, protocols, and databases for program monitoring and evaluation purposes- Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work- Develop tools for the presentation and dissemination of information to inform program design and modifications by decision-makers and for optimization of program strategies- Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, in CHAI and relevant partner organizations- Represent CHAI at relevant technical working groups and meetings- Establish baseline and end line measures across target counties and at the national level- Evaluate current use of data systems at the facility, county, and central level and provide recommendations for integration of program M&E with existing systems and using existing population-based surveys and assessments- Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries- Build capacity of county and health facility staff in timely and accurate health data collection, management and dissemination- Contribute to donor reports- Conduct other formative and operational research as necessary- Perform other tasks as necessary