Click column header to sort
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Work directly with governmental malaria programs to identify operational gaps and devise context-appropriate, evidence-based solutions- Collaborate with governmental staff and the Pan American Health Organization to identify key impediments to malaria elimination- Support efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians- Help develop operational plans, operating procedures, and associated training materials for vector control activities- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance, LLINs durability and residuality IRS monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions- Support government efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of vector Control Interventions- Serve as a trusted adviser to government on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. Developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, and policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country- Support with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as the focal point and knowledge center for MoH and external partners on CHAI’s support on CHW networks, foci management teams, and new tools for vivax radical cure in Panamá- Serve as focal point for case management within CHAI Panama through the design, implementation, and supervision of case management interventions- Identify systemic bottlenecks in the MoH’s processes and develop novel tools and strategies that can be implemented at the subnational level- Lead routine data consolidation and presentation of results on case management service coverage and progress towards elimination targets in sub-national geographies- Conduct ministry and external partner stakeholder mapping and interviews to collect information related to coordination between government units for procurement and registration processes- Build expertise on vivax radical cure tools and dissemination of evidence through providing technical support to the MoH for the planning and implementation of partner coordination meetings and workshops- Lead development of evaluation reports and evidence dissemination presentations and meetings in coordination with ministry and external partners- Lead implementation of projects in coordination with the MoH to strengthen case management and radical cure: develop project plans and materials, support coordination of activities, monitor progress, evaluate results, and ensure communication between partners- Track CHAI grant position-relevant deliverables and support donor reporting processes- Coordinate with CHAI subnational team to simultaneously provide targeted support and relay implementation feedback to central level- Represent CHAI in external meetings to provide project updates and technical guidance on safe radical cure activities- Support MoH in developing or revising case management training materials, job aids, guidelines and other materials as required for trainings for central and sub-national level staff - Other duties as assigned
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for priority products and services- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities in order to move forward market-shaping discussions- Other responsibilities as needed
- Oversee all front desk activities; welcome and direct visitors to CHAI’s Boston office- Provide professional oral and written communications to internal and external stakeholders; respond promptly to general email inquiries- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and monitor CHAI’s voicemail daily- Coordinate all domestic and international mail, package and shipping activities; receive, sort and distribute all mail and packages to various Boston-based staff- Assist in the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of meetings and events- Perform basic facilities management functions, including but not limited to regular monitoring of office equipment and replenishment of office supplies- Maintain directories and seating charts for Boston-based staff and all vendor contacts- Assist in preparing Boston office service related invoices for payment- Assist the other Boston departments in the completion of daily processing tasks and special projects- Other administrative functions as required
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations- Prepare monthly preliminary and final financial statements for country teams- Intercompany reconciliations- Analyze monthly variances to budget- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports- Assist in the monthly close process- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and compliance- Review monthly cash reports from country teams for accuracy and compliance with accounting principles- Reconciliation of monthly bank activity for country teams- Preparation of journal entries- Review the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts- Monitor the financial activity on assigned programs and prepares expenditure reports for program managers as needed- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements that relate to various fund types and account groups- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Analyze and draw conclusions from large volumes of data from both the demand and supply sides of the HIV market to advance CHAI’s collaborations with suppliers, inform strategic decision-making, and assess the impact of CHAI’s work- Manage the development and maintenance of market intelligence databases, quantitative models, and user-friendly tools related to preventing, diagnosing, and treating HIV/AIDS- Create quantitative models and analyses to estimate the impact of market interventions- Design data collection approaches and interface with CHAI’s country teams to gather data for analysis and development of valuable market insights- Drive the development and dissemination of global forecasts of diagnostics and antiretroviral medicines, working closely with global partners and other CHAI teams- Develop communication materials, including published reports, based upon analyses- Present analytical findings to internal and external audiences- Provide ad hoc analytical support to various CHAI teams on HIV/AIDS-related questions, with a focus supporting HIV Regional Managers in their country facing work- Support scoping and landscaping of new areas of work in the HIV treatment space- Other responsibilities as requested by manager
GMT Infectious Disease:- Develop a detailed understanding and documentation of supplier dynamics, including market share of suppliers, pricing offered by suppliers, timelines for product development and manufacturing, timelines for obtaining quality assurance for key drugs and diagnostics, status of in-country registration of drugs, in-country dossier filing timelines, and suppliers’ development and access strategies- Analyze market trends and develop demand forecasts and uptake models for new and existing commodities and services- Liaise with the R&D team, the disease team and country teams to develop the market analysis required to support negotiations with suppliers to expedite time-to-market, reduce pricing and improve supply security- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low-and middle-income markets. Build and maintain these relationships by providingmarket insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processe- Monitor supplier compliance with contracts, global and domestic funding for product purchase, and product uptake- Prepare presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global policy and increase the evidence base for high-impact interventions. Present findings of analyses to internal and or external audiencesMarket Dynamics Ecosystem Gap Analysis:- Desktop research covering the reports and results from across the MD ecosystem including relevant academic literature- Support the development of a framework and unified set of terminology and vocabulary for analyzing and categorizing the MD ecosystem of partners, donors and participants- Develop an in-depth interview guide for use in qualitative engagement with stakeholders- Manage logistics of interview schedules, transcripts and interview notes- Collect and analyze data of investment and procurement decisions- Coordinate with country teams on key demand generation work and buyer activities- Prepare and produce final report, recommendations and analysis- Develop concept notes and new project proposals as follow up- Any other duties as required
Provide technical and operational support with designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating vector control interventions and corresponding entomological surveillance. This will include:- Collaborating with the NMCP and partners to develop, pilot and roll-out digital reporting tools for Vector Control and Entomological Surveillance- Providing the NMCP with technical and operational support to optimize Larval Source Management (LSM) by strengthening operational guidance, capacity development, implementation and M&E.- Supporting efforts to strengthen and optimize entomological surveillance and insecticide resistance monitoring through development of technical guidelines, training materials and training of technicians.- Support collection of entomological, insecticide resistance and LLINs durability monitoring data, analysis, interpretation and their use to inform decisions.- Supporting NMCP efforts to establish routine systems and processes to track the coverage and use of Vector Control Interventions, including Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs) and Larval- Source Management (LSM)- Serving as a trusted adviser to the NMCP on issues related to vector control and entomological surveillance, specifically to translate corresponding normative guidance and field-informed evidence into practical programs. This includes developing and/or updating vector control technical content in national strategic plans, global fund proposals, guidelines, policies, operational plans, training materials and reporting tools.- Proactively developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in country.- Supporting with dissemination of data and learnings via publications and summary decks to internal and external audiences- Provide ad-hoc support to the Dominican Republic as needed, around documentation and /or implementation of priority Vector Control activities and Entomological Surveillance.
Strategy development and resource mobilization- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT strategy.- Develop innovative concepts and proactively identify opportunities to raise funds to execute against CHAI’s pediatric and adolescent HIV strategy and goals.- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s pediatric HIV agenda.Management of the pediatric program portfolio- Translate CHAI’s overall strategy and vision into concrete deliverables and design programs that are set up to demonstrate improvements in pediatric outcomes.- Serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of pediatric HIV topics.- Monitor progress to ensure the achievement of program goals, targets, and objectives; problem-solve and refine CHAI’s approach as required.- Engage with CHAI country leadership and program teams to align on approaches, problem solve, provide technical and analytical support, track progress, and ensure pediatric HIV continues to be prioritized.- Ensure that we put affected communities – in this case, children and adolescents living with HIV – at the center of all we do, through meaningful community engagement and partnership.Donor & grant management- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication with donors on pediatric-focused grants.- Ensure execution against grant priorities, targets, and deliverables.Team & People Management- Build a motivated, results-driven and dedicated team of strategic thinkers who can work across the matrix to ensure outcomes for children living with HIV improve in program countries.- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership that blends high expectations with intensive support and empathy.- Manage operational and administrative aspects of the team and projects, including timely and accurate reporting of results to donors, budgeting, and recruitment.- As part of the HAP Leadership Team, help to shape the culture and dynamics of Global HAP through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams.- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the behavior norms of Global HAP.Collaboration with internal stakeholders- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams working on pediatric and adolescent focused projects to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives.- Stay up-to-date on developments across relevant CHAI programs to identify synergies and opportunities where CHAI can magnify impact.Collaboration with global pediatric partners- Manage and build strong relationships with the broad ecosystem of global pediatric partners to identify gaps, design approaches, implement strategies, monitor impact, and continuously improve the strategic programmatic agenda of CHAI’s pediatric response.- Make positive and useful contributions to the overall pediatric HIV landscape and continue to cement CHAI’s role as an important partner in the pediatric space across diagnosis and treatment.- Represent CHAI in international fora on pediatric and adolescent HIV and eMTCT.
- Management of project tasks using best practices methodologies to ensure on time completion- Assisting in solutions research and evaluation- Coordinating project team activities to ensure timely completion of key milestones- Project scheduling, monitoring/escalation of risks (deadline and budget)- Managing project communications and documentation- Tracking of issues including assisting project teams in resolving issues- Assisting teams in project tasks including quantitative and qualitative analysis, plan creation, etc.- Training on systems, assisting with training, testing, analysis and troubleshooting- Participating in business process/department/functional group meetings to understand business needs and challenges and facilitating improvements- Documenting specifications, requirements, user manuals, procedures, and other relevant information- Other responsibilities as needed