Click column header to sort
- Support government partners with planning, analytics, problem-solving and implementing of their new vaccines introduction (NVI) strategy- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement- Ensure the documentation of activities and outcomes to create replicable models and policy advocacy documents- Support the country to conduct micro-planning, including digital micro-planning, as required- Support the country to update phased introduction strategies based on vaccine supply allocated to the country following the Gavi vaccine funding application- Under the guidance of the malaria vaccine technical working group (TWG) and the respective MoH, conduct and disseminate research (knowledge, attitudes and practices studies, demand assessments etc.) to inform vaccine introduction planning- Develop malaria vaccine program training materials and conduct trainings (or support a training plan / program) aimed at all levels of the health system- Provide support for development and implementation of plans for comprehensive vaccine management, with strategies to reduce wastage and stock-outs- Support MoH to develop and/or maintain mechanisms for National Malaria Control Programs (NMCP) and EPI coordination at national and sub-national levels, including routinely reviewing roles and responsibilities of these mechanisms (and their membership) to align with the evolving needs of the malaria vaccine program- Develop and strengthen vaccine platforms to reach children at new contact points in the routine immunization schedule- Provide support for development and implementation of risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) plans to promote vaccine confidence, including development of relevant Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials- Develop or adapt monitoring procedures and tools to suit the malaria vaccine program needs- Support the MoH to plan and conduct supportive supervision with the aim of continuous improvement of the program,- Document and disseminate lessons learnt from the program to inform scale-up to other sub-national areas of the country- Perform basic finance and admin functions as needed, especially related to activities, under the guidance of the Finance Manager- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Country Director and or Country Director
Program Management:- Ensure effective management, coordination and synergies across all programs within the HSS cluster;- Oversee and manage all program staff working on the HSS cluster through talent management initiatives, succession planning and provision of continuous feedback and capacity building ;- Work with Human Resource in the process of hiring, promotion, and teambuilding to ensure effective team staffing, leave approval, administration and performance in a multicultural environment;- Provide direct support to program managers in the cluster in their strategic planning, budgeting, expenditure tracking, problem-solving, overseeing project performance against work plans and budget and overall grant management;- Work closely with the CHAI Zambia finance, compliance, headquarters and donors to ensure compliance with donor and CHAI regulations, ensure sound financial transactions including the approval of expenses based on set thresholds.- As directed by the CD, serve as official liaison between CHAI, donors, Government, regulatory bodies, partners, and other relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions on issues related to activities on the cluster.- Ensure effective documentation and knowledge management within the programs and provide technical guidance and oversee quality of deliverables and ensure that communications and work products that are shared externally meet CHAI standards.- Participate in Senior Management Team meetings and functions and provide strategic guidance and support on issues that affect the cluster.- Develop new and maintain strategic relationships with senior stakeholders necessary to advance the program objectives.- In concurrence with the CD, provide strategic direction in reprioritization, expansion, scoping of new initiatives, proposal development, coordinating resource mobilization and fundraising efforts to help achieve program objectives of the CHAI Zambia office.Technical:- Lead the design and implementation of projects to support Government’s HSS priorities in Zambia based on WHO and other health systems strengthening frameworks to achieve UHC.- Provide technical oversight in the implementation and execution of CHAI Zambia’s health systems strengthening interventions and guide evidence-based decision-making regarding policies, guidelines, and program operations;- Ensure technical congruence between program activities, Governments priorities, and donor requirements.- Provide in-depth and high-quality technical assistance/inputs to GRZ health systems strengthening programs, policies, strategies and proposal development processes at all levels- Based on a firm knowledge of the distribution, determinants and distribution of health-related states and events collaborate with GRZ and other stakeholders to develop innovative technical strategies to strengthen health systems at all levels to improve health outcomes- Provide technical leadership, strategic guidance, oversight and continuity of CHAI’s support to GRZ on the following grants/initiatives:- Strengthening accountability across various health programs in the cluster to improve equitable access to high quality health services.- Oversee the implementation of the Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health program work plans including program planning, budgeting, coordination, forecasting, monitoring and reporting. Including the provision of technical assistance to GRZ to assist with SRMNH program design and rollout influencing national research, policy formulation, strategic documents development and analysis.- Increase access of basic health services in rural parts of Zambia by strengthening community health systems including the enrollment, training, deployment, supportive supervision and motivation of Community Health Workers such as Community Health Assistants (CHAs) as well as other community systems strengthening activities- Addressing Zambia’s health workforce challenges including the training, absorption, distribution and retention of health workforce as well as pediatric workforce scale up activities.- Development and implementation of strategies to build health systems resilience to absorb “shocks’ to the health system including ensuring access to oxygen such as liquid oxygen (LOX). Also, ensuring health worker availability, safety and competence in the provision of both COVID-19 and general health services.- Sustainable health financing through improved financial risk protection, financial management and performance- Increase access to Assistive Products (AP) and systems for delivering assistive technology (AT) in Zambia. This includes providing programmatic and technical oversight for effective program implementation.- Ensure all programs in the cluster are on course to achieving their respective targets through effective monitoring, evaluation and learning.- Seize opportunities to build capacity, skills and relationships with Government and cooperating partners to develop competencies that ensure local leadership and sustainability of the programs.- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Country Director. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- Serve as a thought partner and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for reducing the burden of malaria and NTDs across the region.- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization, and coordinate CHAI teams and resources to ensure specific project goals are met.- Foster a strong team culture based on CHAI’s values, resulting in a cohesive and productive team.- Work with CHAI Program Managers to ensure that achievable project plans are in place and integrated with team and government priorities.- Organize and monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments.- Together with CHAI’s technical teams, promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning.- Identify and resolve operational bottlenecks and work collaboratively with CHAI teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines.- Provide inputs to technical deliverables (e.g. strategic plans, guidelines) and organize development of donor reports, concept notes or other products for external communication.- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.- Develop and manage relationships with key regional stakeholders, including government officials, donors, and academic organizations to foster collaboration.- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Enhance and execute a comprehensive talent strategy aligned with the organization's overall goals, emphasizing organizational development and growth.- Lead the organization's initiatives in learning and development, performance management, external outreach, internal mobility, and compensation and total rewards.- Implement innovative talent attraction strategies to source high-caliber candidates from diverse backgrounds.- Foster relationships with external talent sources and industry leaders to build a robust talent pipeline.- Drive initiatives to enhance learning and development opportunities for all staff, including skills development, leadership training, and career advancement pathways.- Create and implement performance management processes that promote continuous improvement and employee growth.- Develop and execute retention strategies that ensure top talent remains engaged and committed to the organization.- Identify and address factors that contribute to employee turnover and implement solutions to mitigate attrition.- Collaborate closely with program leaders to provide strategic support, including organogram design, competency mix, and team culture enhancement.- Implement innovative approaches to foster a culture of excellence, inclusivity, and employee engagement.- Apply HR best practices and data analytics to drive informed decision-making in talent management.- Ensure that HR processes are continuously optimized for efficiency and effectiveness.- Establish and nurture relationships with external partners, industry leaders, and talent sources to support relevant talent activities and organizational growth.- Measure and improve the organization's working health and culture to ensure a positive and high-impact working environment.- Play a pivotal role in WJCF's strategy enhancement and execution while contributing to organization-wide process improvements.- Act as a key advisor on strategic initiatives, issues, and opportunities related to talent management and organizational health.- Any other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Coordinate CHAI efforts related to SRH product introduction for 1-2 products- Develop qualitative/quantitative analyses to support SRH product introduction and scale-up strategies- Develop M&E frameworks and monitor key indicators relevant to support SRH product introduction and scale-up strategies- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Create clear communications materials based upon analyses- Present findings of analyses to a broad range of audiences in meetings and conferences- Support relationship management with senior-level stakeholders internal and external to CHAI- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH supplies and commodity security- Work with country focal points on the GSRH team to provide input into country strategies on specific technical areas related to product introduction roll-out, supply-chain, and policy- Work collaboratively with various internal teams to achieve project goals- Contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Contribute to grant development and donor reports as needed- Provide analytical support or support other projects as requested- Travel to meet with global stakeholders as well as to CHAI focus countries in Africa and Asia as needed
Strategy and Portfolio Growth- Help lead development of CHAI’s overall SRMNH strategy, including development of goals, strategies, and resource mobilization- Lead GSRH participation in the development and execution of supply side strategies with the Global Markets team- Lead the development and implementation of CHAI’s demand-side SRH product strategies- Engage with donors and collaborate with the Senior Director to develop innovative ideas and write grant proposals- Work to identify and engage new donors for CHAI’s SRH agenda and support growth of the SRH portfolio, in collaboration with Senior Director- Identify and pursue opportunities with existing donors for CHAI’s SRH agenda and support growth of the SRH portfolio, in collaboration with Senior Director- Stay abreast of the evolving SRH landscape, monitoring key trends in the field, and support learning within the GSRH team and across CHAIProgram Leadership- Set direction and oversee implementation of all supplies workstreams (e.g. HIUD, GFPVAN, SEMA, UNFPA, DMPA SC, COF, MA Combipack, LNG 1.5, Implants)- Set direction and oversee grant management of supplies focused grants (RHSC GFPVAN, CIFF LNG 1.5, CIFF COF, FCDO, BMGF HIUD, BMGF DMPA SC—TBD)- Engage with country leadership, as needed and in coordination with Senior Director, to garner buy-in on program objectives, solicit their support for problem resolution, and ensure SRH projects are prioritized- Develop a trusted relationship and dialogue with program leads on other CHAI teams relevant to SRH and to foster collaboration and ensure alignment on priorities, strategies, processes, and objectives; including leading engagement with CHAI Global SRH Markets Team- Identify and share key program risks and/or impact with CHAI leadership, in conjunction with Senior DirectorTeam Management- Supervise Supplies program managers and their teams, providing guidance and support for those individuals to deliver on all aspects of their responsibilities (grant management, country support, knowledge management)- Foster the continuous growth and performance of all direct reports through active coaching and leadership and make promotion and salary increase recommendations- Help to shape the culture, operations, and dynamics of Global SRH through regular communication and activities that build team effectiveness and cohesion across geographies and work streams- Support administrative, operational, human resource, recruitment, and finance functions on the team as needed- Role model the values and mission of CHAI and the team norms of Global SRHGlobal External Engagement and Portfolio Growth- Build, strengthen and leverage complex and nuanced external stakeholder relationships, including UNFPA, donors, implementing partners, community partners, technical partners, and suppliers- Lead engagement with current donors on supplies focused grants (e.g. RHSC, CIFF, BMGF)- Represent CHAI in international fora as needed to guide SRH related priorities, global guidance, and coordination to accelerate the development and increase uptake of SRH products and services
- Work with national malaria staff to do broad management capacity building, including training malaria staff and addressing management gaps that occur during malaria prevention campaigns and during the provision of malaria services at the primary health care level- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to conduct malaria program reviews; update or write national strategic plans; and optimize and cost national malaria programs by building Excel-based costing and budget models- Conduct costing and financial analyses and support the development of funding proposals and operational plans- Assist malaria programs with financial and programmatic tracking, including the identification of key decision-relevant information and the development of dashboards and systems to bring that key information to the decision-making point- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy grant application requirements, including budget development- Serve as a trusted advisor to CHAI country teams- Serve as liaison between CHAI regional technical teams, country teams, partners, and stakeholders- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector- Engage with and cultivate donors, including individuals, corporations, and organizations interested in supporting malaria programs- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders- Coordinate meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing between government programs and partner organization in the region to ensure coordination- Provide program and budget updates for internal project management, best practice sharing, and donor reporting- Other responsibilities as needed
- Assist the China Senior Program Officer and relevant disease program teams to develop and implement the project activities as required by the partnership framework, work plan and budget;- Lead desk research on specific diseases, data collection, stakeholder and company interviews, quantitative analysis, market intelligence analysis, report drafting to generate evidence-based policy and formulate recommendations in strategic scenarios;- Lead financial modelling and form business strategy proposals for Chinese health commodity suppliers;- Develop methodologies including tools, processes, key performance/success indicators that are highly relevant and appropriate for analyses, project management and goal fulfillment;- Provide strategic recommendations for development of new programs, project management, communication and process improvement;- Maintain strong connections with CHAI global markets teams and China team to ensure the project is aligned with best practices within CHAI and other related projects;- Other responsibilities as needed.
Accounting/Budget Management/Cash Management- Implement and supervise financial transaction procedures and systems, to ensure transparent and traceable accounting practices- Review payment requests and ensure that adequate supporting documentation and approval are obtained before payments are processed.- Process payments (and other documents such as invoices and employee reimbursement requests) on time, managing liabilities. - Prepare documentation for payment transactions including but not limited to cash advances, petty cash, in-house transfers, checks, and transfer forms.- Administer petty cash account and ensure that all expenses have supporting documentation attached to ensure accountability of the funds.- Check and reconcile advances and ensure all supporting documents are attached, sufficient, valid, and settled.- Check travel request, travel advances & travel expense claim reports prior to approval and release of payments.- Ensure all transactions are supported with complete documents and that they comply with the CHAI financial and compliance manual, donor requirements, and government regulations.- Accurately record transactions in QuickBooks and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.- Maintain a hardcopy and electronic filing retention system for all finance records to comply with financial best practices.Strategic Financial Management- Monitor financial activity on programs and prepare expenditure reports for program managers as needed.- Ensure the timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, financial reports, audits and all service contracts for the country office.- Assist in the preparation of audits, financial statements, and varied fiscal reports.- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of relevant country office policies.- Ensure good teamwork and cooperation between finance and program teams, including but not limited to:- Participating in relevant program management meetings.- Coordinating training of program staff in relevant aspects of financial management.- Ensure accurate, timely preparation, and remittance of all relevant taxes and related liabilities.- Provide financial sign-off on proposal budgets and liaise with budgeting and reporting focal point.- Ensure that country office colleagues with financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures and laws.Supervise Office Administration and Operations- Provide leadership and guidance to admin and operations team, ensuring seamless office and field operations in line with sound financial management.- Support development of administration and operations team.
- Support WJCF’s Immunization team and GoB in developing and implementing the programme ensuring supporting improvements in strengthening management and governance, service delivery, supply chain, and other Routine Immunization aspects.- Analysis of complex and multiple sets of datasets, generating routine and on-demand reports. Develop and socialize dashboards and custom-defined performance reports for state and sub-state functionaries to utilize for routine program review meetings, planning, and decision-making.- Develop purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management and progress tracking.- Help the team devise specific strategies and interventions to reduce the number of Zero Dose/Drop Out children in identified geographies.- Conceptualize, design, and coordinate program impact and progress evaluation surveys.- Significantly contribute to internal and external capacity-building initiatives by the team for improving data handling and decision-making competencies of target trainee cohorts.- Significantly contribute to the documentation of program progress through reports, presentations, and templates for effective internal use and dissemination of reports at the state and national levels.- Work independently and in groups to comprehensively execute planned immunization support interventions. Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the immunization ecosystem in the state.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state.- Undertake any other duties as requested by the programme leadership.