Click column header to sort
- Support Government of Punjab in strengthening Maternal and Child Nutrition Programs in the state, with a specific focus on addressing anaemia.- Build strong relationships for CHAI with strategic and key leaders within the state health systems (including but not limited to Department of Health), NGOs, developmental partners, and other relevant allied bodies.- Hold discussions with government officials and development partners on a regular basis to understand the state’s context and identify key challenges/ areas of improvement in the existing anaemia control programs.- Develop comprehensive strategies and operational plans for replicating best practices and/ or piloting new approaches and interventions to address the burden of anaemia in the state.- Access government data systems to identify key data points and develop data visualization tools (bulletins, dashboards, reports, and such others) for government officials to facilitate data-based decision making and reviews.- Contribute to program strategy by developing purposive insights, visualizations, tools, templates, and planning aids that support in program management.- Work independently and with the team to comprehensively execute planned interventions while ensuring sustainable and continuous capacity building of key government functionaries.- Actively engage with CHAI teams in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and other states where CHAI is supporting implementation of interventions on maternal and child nutrition to leverage learnings and strengthen/ facilitate interventions in the Punjab.- Support program reporting requirements by facilitating periodic reporting on program implementation status/ progress and key program indicators in the state.- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and to other states, if required.- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
- Supports in periodic data analysis of TB program related indicators to inform programmatic decision making at the State level.- Assists the State level CHAI team in ensuring adherence to QC systems and data integrity maintenance by private sector partners.- Identifies and implements solutions to streamline data systems, data collection formats and processes for the better tracking and data visualization of DBT and PPSA key performance indicators.- Designs and develops standardized reports on MS Excel and data visualization platforms.- Facilitates State and PPSA level capacity building training on Nikshay digital platform.- Undertakes regular data analysis and supports state/district NTEP team with technical inputs on DBT implementation.- Supports in providing information and analysis to the central team for donor reporting and reports for other stakeholders.- Other tasks as requested by the Program Officer and Senior Manager.
In close collaboration with CHAI’s country teams, NMCPs and other stakeholders, provide technical and implementation support including but not limited to:- Identifying high priority opportunities to improve the quality and coverage of malaria diagnosis and treatment across public, private and community sectors through scoping exercises and data review;- Developing and supporting the implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for CHAI and ministry case management and supply chain interventions and tools to include collection, analysis, interpretation and use of appropriate indicators across Mesoamerica and Hispaniola;- Building and maintaining a strong understanding of the malaria diagnosis and treatment landscape;- Ensuring documentation and dissemination of topics related to malaria case management and/or supply chain management research activities and results through technical reports, presentations, policy briefs, and publications; - Generating, synthesizing and translating evidence (i.e., via surveys, literature reviews, routine data analysis) to inform government and partner policy and programmatic decision making;- Contributing to the formulation of grant proposals and donor reporting across the region;- Expanding access to and effectiveness of community case management networks through targeted and context specific strategies linked to changing malaria epidemiology;- Developing materials for health care workers, including SOPs and updated training curriculum for community health workers (CHWs) to improve adherence to national guidelines;- Designing and implementing strategies and detailed plans to address gaps in availability and access to case management services, and supply chain management;- Drafting and/or updating of national guidelines related to diagnosis and treatment, quality assurance and control for medicines and diagnostics;- Facilitating regular coordination with country teams, NMCPs and key partners on ongoing country activities and priorities.
- Work with national malaria staff and CHAI country teams to optimize and cost national malaria program strategies through building Excel-based budget models;- Conduct costing, cost optimization, and financial analyses to identify resource gaps and prioritize activities based on cost-effectiveness;- Support Ministries of Health in drafting strategies for sustainably eliminating malaria and transitioning away from donor financing, by forecasting future funding gaps, mapping and assessing funding opportunities (both innovative and traditional), and working with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, and other partners, to integrate and/or absorb donor-funded malaria interventions to achieve sustainability;- Develop new funding proposals in collaboration with national governments;- Support governments to meet Global Fund requests and satisfy application and implementation requirements for access and distribution of funding for malaria, including budget development and re-programming, quarterly work planning and budgeting at sub-national level, and performance reporting;- Support national malaria programs to streamline financial planning, disbursement, and tracking processes to reduce impediments to implementation;- Identify key financial management impediments to programmatic goals and work with donors and country governments to devise targeted solutions to address them;- Assist national and sub-national government administrations to strengthen routine project management and planning processes to ensure effective implementation;- Collaborate with CHAI country teams, country governments, and domestic and international donors to improve financial and program management structures and processes;- Draft presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders related to malaria financing work in target countries;- Facilitate knowledge sharing between country teams in the region to ensure coordination; and share best practice;- Travel to remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care; and- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Oversee the operational execution of CHAI’s TB strategy.- Manage program performance against donor, grant, and internal deliverables and timelines.- Supervise country support activities and the country support teams.- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money.- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting, and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation.- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed.- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to global NGOs and UN organizations on a variety of TB market access issues.- Administer global TB grants, which includes working closely with donors and cross-functional CHAI team on grant management needs.- Assist with the development of the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy and supervise the implementation and execution at country level.- Develop and maintain up-to-date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: A. At the Country level, provide strategic and programmatic support to the design and implementation of in-country work within a portfolio of focus countries:- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of high-impact work to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to immunization management systems, in line with the program strategy- Inform country teams of developments in global practices and policies to support strategic decision making, program strategy, and implementation at the national or subnational level- Develop strong relationships with country team counterparts and provide leadership and direct technical and analytical support in furtherance of country-specific objectives and activities- Be thoughtful about what it takes to make sustainable, meaningful change in health systems in developing countriesB. At the Global level, provide strategic and programmatic support to inform the global community and to develop CHAI’s vaccines program- Inform global practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to immunization service delivery and increase coverage & equity- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in relevant areas (ie. Gavi, WHO, UNICEF SD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, PATH, JSI, Sabin etc.) and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community- Disseminate CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community to inform policy and practices- Support thought leadership and development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership, including program/country objectives and strategies as well as scoping and development of new grants- Provide direct technical support to the development, iteration/improvement, and dissemination of programmatic “toolkit”. Elements of the tool kits may include, but are not limited to, resource allocation and planning of outreach sessions, global policies, tools, and lessons learned- Assess progress against overall theory of change, objectives & milestones for service delivery; recommend improvements and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
- Provide high-value strategic and analytic support to design and implement in-country initiatives which will dramatically improve vaccines supply chain performance in collaboration with CHAI country teams.- Provide input on the approach needed to meet in-country grant and program objectives related to vaccines supply chain, in line with the program strategy and model.- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact projects with country teams to sustainably transform the vaccines supply chain in CHAI focal countries. Projects might include diagnosing the end-to-end vaccines supply chain and developing strategies and interventions for improvement, improving vaccines ordering and inventory management which may include improved used of technology and data for management, assessing opportunities to integrate vaccines supply chain with other commodities, and supporting thoughtful implementation of data management tools and systems.- Support continuous development and effective dissemination & use of programmatic "tool kit", lessons learned, and other know-how related to vaccines supply chain across CHAI's vaccines program.- Contribute to the team’s efforts to inform national and global practices and policies related to vaccines supply chain.- Inform practices & policies based on robust evidence base, insightful analytical perspective, and lessons learned from CHAI and other partners to promote improved outcomes of immunization programs.- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in vaccine supply chain and establish yourself as a respected and trusted thought leader in this area of focus within CHAI and within the global immunization community.- Support dissemination CHAI's programmatic insights to the global immunization community as appropriate.- Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program around vaccines supply chain, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding vaccines supply chain.- Support scoping and development of new grants.- Contribute to program thought leadership in supply chain to deliver against current and future goals.- Support ramp up of new CHAI staff and new focus countries and strengthen capabilities of existing CHAI staff in supply chain, leveraging the institutional knowledge from CHAI vaccines program.- Support program and grant management, with a focus on vaccines supply chain work, in collaboration with program and country leadership.- Contribute to assessment of progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities.- Support assessment of the effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to vaccines supply chain in focus countries and recommend improvement opportunities.- Other responsibilities as needed.
Responsabilités : Le/la Directeur (rice) Adjoint(e) des Programmes aura la responsabilité générale de tous les programmes du bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso et plus spécifiquement : Gestion des programmes et planification stratégique- Fournir une supervision complète de la mise en œuvre de tous les programmes de CHAI Burkina Faso.- Etablir des mécanismes de communication et de coordination efficaces à travers toutes les équipes pour assurer un impact maximal des activités et une optimisation des ressources.- Identifier les principaux obstacles à la bonne exécution de la stratégie des programmes et travailler avec le ministère de la santé et les partenaires pour développer et mettre en œuvre des solutions pour résoudre rapidement ces goulots d'étranglements.- Identifier les opportunités qui pourraient servir de catalyseur pour la croissance des programmes et du bureau afin d'obtenir une assistance technique élargie au gouvernement.- Soutenir les managers de programmes dans leur planification stratégique, leur budgétisation et leur résolution de problèmes et superviser la performance des projets par rapport aux plans de travail et au budget.- Gérer la communication avec les équipes globales de la CHAI et veiller à ce que les exigences en matière de suivi, d'évaluation et de rapports aux donateurs du programme soient respectées.- Fournir des conseils techniques, superviser la qualité des produits livrables et s'assurer que les communications et les produits du travail qui sont partagés à l'extérieur répondent aux normes de CHAI.- Assurer une documentation efficace, la gestion des connaissances et l'apprentissage au sein et entre les programmes.Gestion des équipes techniques- Diriger et soutenir le personnel technique pour assurer une exécution optimale des activités des programmes de CHAI au Burkina Faso.- Gérer une équipe de personnes hautement motivées et performantes, ayant des expériences professionnelles et éducatives diverses.- Travailler avec les RH et les managers de projet pour mener et soutenir les initiatives de gestion des talents, la planification de la succession et la fourniture d'un feedback continu et le renforcement des capacités du personnel.- Fournir un soutien aux RH et aider au processus d'embauche, de promotion et de constitution d'équipes afin d'assurer une dotation en personnel et des performances efficaces dans un environnement multiculturel.Assistance technique et gestion des relations- Fournir des conseils techniques efficaces aux équipes programmatiques et au gouvernement du Burkina Faso.- Soutenir le ministère de la Santé dans la conduite de discussions et de décisions stratégiques, et apporter des contributions techniques aux politiques, stratégies, plans, directives et programmes nationaux.- Développer et gérer les relations clés avec les parties prenantes gouvernementales et non-gouvernementales.- Représenter CHAI Burkina Faso aux réunions locales et internationales, tel que désigné par le directeur pays.Mobilisation des ressources, nouvelles initiatives et gestion des subventions- Fournir une direction stratégique et un leadership pour les efforts de mobilisation des ressources à travers CHAI Burkina Faso, y compris l’impulsion de nouvelles opportunités de financement.- Identifier les domaines stratégiques pour l'expansion ou la réorientation des priorités du bureau et guider la planification stratégique et le développement de propositions.- Diriger l'initiative de développement de nouveaux programmes à l'échelle du bureau. Spécifiquement, la rédaction de propositions et de subventions de qualité, la soumission, le suivi et le lancement de nouveaux projets et programmes.- Travailler en étroite collaboration avec le directeur financier dans la gestion des subventions, et fournir un soutien direct aux managers de programme dans la gestion des subventions et le suivi des budgets et dépenses programmatiques.Direction du bureau- Soutenir le directeur de pays dans l'établissement de la stratégie programmatique pour CHAI Burkina Faso.- En tant que membre de l'équipe de direction, fournir une orientation stratégique et un soutien sur les questions qui affectent le bureau de CHAI Burkina Faso, y compris l'adoption de la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans nos équipes.- Effectuer toute autre tâche assignée par le directeur de pays.
The specific responsibilities for this position include:- Support state quantification of uterotonics for postpartum hemorrhage management;- Provide technical and coordination support to government stakeholders and development partners for the update of state-level training manuals on postpartum hemorrhage management;- Under the direction of the State Program Lead, coordinate healthcare worker trainings;- Map antenatal care counselling services in intervention facilities, identify key areas for expansion in coaching curriculum, and support the state to implement them;- Support the development of clinical training materials and guides to strengthen patient counselling at health facilities;- Update mapping of health facility referral networks, and support strengthening, expansion, and institutionalization of referral directory for facilities;- Support training of referral focal persons to strengthen community and primary healthcare referral to secondary health facility referrals;- Provide technical and coordination support to initiate or strengthen quality improvement teams in intervention facilities;- Support health facilities to improve timeliness and completeness of facility reporting;- Support testing and finalization of community-based patient literacy materials on pregnancy to increase care-seeking behavior of women in local communities;- Develop evidence-based community mobilization plans and conduct trainings of community champions to increase care-seeking at health facilities for maternal health services and pregnancy complications;- Identify opportunities for developing volunteer driver’s schemes to link communities to health facilities for emergency obstetric care;- Supervise process for developing and strengthening vital community reporting registration systems in collaboration with ward development committees and the Primary Healthcare Board;- Work with key stakeholders in the state to collect and report on program data relating to postpartum hemorrhage and maternal health;- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses on clinical and non-clinical data sets;- Develop and maintain relationships with key counterparts in partner organizations and in government agencies relevant to program requirements;- Contribute to technical reports and conduct desktop research on key topics for new product introduction in the maternal health space; develop charts and infographics for presentations;- Any other tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
- Supervise and coordinate data collection at health facilities and in local communities;- Collate routine health facility and program data, and assess their quality and suitability for analysis;- Execute interventions to strengthen data completeness and timeliness in health facilities;- Coordinate and lead training, mentoring, and coaching of data collectors;- Support Primary Healthcare Board and local governments to strengthen community based health information systems and vital community reporting registration systems;- Review Monitoring and Evaluation data regularly with state program team to ensure that the program is accomplishing its objectives and corrective actions are taken if required;- Develop dissemination materials, including reports, presentations, briefs and visualizations;- Support State Program Lead in donor reporting activities including consolidation of relevant data and evidence of impact;- Any other task as requested by the Program Director.