Click column header to sort
Global Supply Coordination- Support development and coordination of SRH product introduction and scale up strategies- Develop M&E frameworks and monitor key indicators relevant to support SRH product introduction and scale up strategies- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders working in SRH supplies and commodity security and become established as a respected and trusted thought leader within CHAI and within the global community- Conduct analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed- Coordinate CHAI efforts related to SRH product introduction for 1-2 products.Country Technical Assistance- Work with country focal points on the GSRH team to provide input into country strategies on specific technical areas related to product introduction roll-out, supply-chain, and policyCatalytic Opportunity Fund- Conduct impact analyses for COF workstreams including DMPA-SC Scale Up and Regulatory Advocacy COF, Hormonal IUD and MA Combipack- Work with SRH Supplies Manager to drive discussions with COF donors, SEMA, and country teams on future of demand-side financing; this will include development and presentation of deliverables, materials, and outputs to support discussions- As applicable, will support additional needs within Supplies workstream such as supporting set-up of additional COF funding stream and/or drive application reviews for hormonal IUD, MA combipack, DMPA SC, and post-partum hemorrhage (PPH) COF workstreamsGeneral- Work collaboratively with Global SRH Team, Global MNH Team, Global Markets Team (GMT), Applied Analytics and other relevant CHAI global teams, and CHAI country teams to achieve project goals- Contribute to key internal team operations and culture-building initiatives such as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Contribute to grant development and donor reports as needed- Provide analytical support as requested- Travel to meet with global stakeholders as well as to CHAI focus countries in Africa and Asia as needed- Other project and responsibilities as needed
- Manage program by establishing goals and delivery plan, supervising task execution, and monitoring project progress to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget- Monitor comprehensive work-plans with Country Support Managers (CSMs) and country teams in line with lab systems strengthening objectives and commitment- Lead internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, to seek inputs- Lead external communications with Global Fund, Africa-CDC, and other regional partners supporting the AFRO COVID-19 and broader lab systems response- Support implementation of program- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing.- Support preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Engender practice of sharing best practices within team, and by extension country programs, to ensure strategies, tools and planning processes build upon prior experience and learnings- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on their lab-systems strengthening work, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams to support lab systems strengthening activities and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from GDT or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Identify and develop new program and funding opportunities and develop and manage relationships with existing and potential donors- Up to 30% international travel time could be required as needed- Perform other responsibilities, as requested by supervisor and program directors
- In collaboration with the CHAI medical advisor, this Program Officer will support TB Program in Kampong Chhnang to implement the TB Reach grant to achieve the main project objectives with the following tasks:- Co-develop project workplan and schedules in partnership with Kampong Chhnang TB program- Co-develop develop project training and M&E materials in partnership with Kampong Chhnang TB program and national programs as needed- Assist Medical Advisor and Kampong Chhnang TB program in coordinating and providing training to HCWs and VHSG for project implementation- Work closely with Kampong Chhnang TB program and TB OD supervisors to coordinate the start of project implementation, both at health facilities (Health Centres and Referral hospitals) and during community outreach- Work closely with Medical Advisor and Kampong Chhnang TB program to reach the project objectives through monitoring, mentoring and supervising the project implementation- Support the Provincial TB Program Manager and TB OD supervisors for laboratory and treatment logistics:- Work closely with TB OD supervisors and provincial TB program manager to monitor the availability of TB test such as GeneXpert cartridges and TB drugs for treatment and TPT- Coordinate with CHAI Medical Advisor and TB Program Manager to ensure proper quantifications of commodities based on actual needs- Work with TB OD supervisors to ensure that TB presumptive cases can access x-ray through referral system- Support CHAI Medical Advisor and Provincial TB Program Manager for project M&E- Mentor the recording and reporting system implementation of integrated screening of TB, NCD, COVID-19 Vaccination for both at facility and community outreach- Monitor closely with TB OD supervisors the collected data and provide analytical support for problem solving- Coordinate and work with field partners such as OpAsha who also work for TB in Kg Chhnang funded by Global Fund for TB community activities such C-DOTS, CI, referral system and TPT.- Any other activities requested by the CHAI Medical Advisor.
Overall, this Director will be responsible for the planning, quality, delivery, and management across all aspects of the implementation project including future state architecture and organizational change management. The individual would be required to: - Lead the transformation opportunities within the scope of the project- Keep the project on schedule, to cost, within scope, and to the expected quality- Ensure integration of other peripheral finance applications- Create a cohesive team environment for all internal and external resources engaged in the project- Champions the avoidance/removal of heavy customization and pushes all teams to deliver and adopt standard solutions- Partner with the finance and IT team to define project strategy and roadmap for the financial ERP system and supporting systems. Execute the strategy, track against milestones, and drive results in collaboration with partner teams- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication. The external team includes vendors and consultants as applicable- Translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts and articulate technical solutions- Assess current financial policies and procedures and, from that, develop the ideal workflow to be used with the new ERP system- Ensure that workflows incorporate key financial controls as identified in policies and procedures- Research problems/issues as they arise and propose solutions- Document, communicate, and manage changes that surface during design and implementation- Develop a training curriculum for finance and operational staff, as well as program staff on finance-related activities. Training materials should include user guides and job aids- Work with key finance leads to identify all types of reporting that will be needed from the new system. Then, working with the vendor, develop these reports as required- Run change management to ensure effective adoption of new financial system solutions- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication. The external team includes vendors and consultants as applicable- Act as a point of escalation for project delivery issues from all partners and stakeholders- Owns the plan to handover project to the operations (business systems) team and follow-on legacy system decommissioning- Other responsibilities as needed
ARISE M&E project management and execution (70%)- Support adaption of a consolidated NTD M&E framework to each project country in close collaboration with national NTD programs, implementing partners, and relevant CHAI teams- Support data review, indicator estimation, and data source mapping that is required to populate key indicators at relevant frequencies- Support the design, launch and review of the ARISE project dashboard (or similar data system) and relevant supporting materials, in collaboration with the CHAI health informatics and digital health teams to visualize progress of the project- Support regular dashboard use by NTD programs and in-country partners to ensure routine data review and facilitate data-based decision making (e.g., during M&E technical working groups)- Support cross-country collaboration and learning around M&E to ensure capacity and coordination are built amongst project staff- Support in-country M&E meeting planning, including agenda development, soliciting partner input, and developing meeting materialsStakeholder coordination and relationship management (30%)- Work closely with technical and implementing partners and government in each identified country to ensure there is a robust M&E system in place that leverages both government and project data- Identify regional or local partners (could include government) to sustainably transfer M&E work to in future years of NTD programs
- Assist the China Country Manager and relevant disease program teams to develop and implement the project activities as required by the partnership framework, work plan and budget;- Project management, which includes work closely with government partners and other stakeholders to monitor project progress, manage project timelines, control budgets and ensure work orders and deliverables are organized and coordinated to achieve project goals;- Lead and/or support data collection, interviews, quantitative analysis, report drafting to generate evidence-based policy and formulate recommendations in strategic scenarios;- Assist government partner teams to develop methodologies including tools, processes, key performance/success indicators that are highly relevant and appropriate for analyses, project management and goal fulfillment;- Provide strategic recommendations for development of new programs, project management, communication and process improvement;- Regular relationship development and management with external stakeholders;- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Implement analytical projects related to disease (malaria and NTD) epidemiology, intervention and surveillance, as required- Assisting to monitor and evaluate the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms- Support the rollout and monitoring the performance of existing and new surveillance platforms for improved data collection, reporting, data management, automated analysis and data visualization e.g. using dashboards- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within disease programs by strengthening usage and analysis of surveillance data by the malaria program and the quality of data- Review and provide feedback on relevant disease programs documents including but not limited to surveillance guidelines and SOPs, M&E plans, lessons learned documents and operational manuals- Design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of operational research projects related to surveillance, intervention effectiveness, and entomology- Organizing and merging available data, assessing its quality and suitability for analysis and conducting statistical analyses; (regressions, time series and other relevant methods)- Analyzing geographic and remote sensing data with GIS software, including descriptive and predictive mapping of malaria burden and intervention coverage- Provide technical supervision, training and ad-hoc programmatic support to staff members involved in epidemiological activities such monitoring and evaluation of existing activities, study implementation and all data cleaning, management and analysis tasks- Support design and routine implementation of monitoring and evaluation of CHAI and governmental programs- Translating results to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making- Synthesize results, translate them to national and sub-national government partners to support evidence-based decision making, and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications internally and externally at international venues- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with country teams, key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions, with support from TA- Any other tasks identified.
Employee Relations (40%)• Advise assigned Country leadership and staff on building team morale, increasing productivity and retention, and resolving complex employee relations issues with adept cultural sensitivity.• Provide guidance on practices that promote effective and harmonious working relationships across CHAI’s diverse matrix, in line with our principles of engagement.• Handle sensitive matters and intake complaints from employees and others based on the guidance and direction of their supervisor. Support the execution of confidential investigations, as assigned, of alleged harassment, bullying, discrimination, abuse and exploitation, and other misconduct. Contribute to the writing of investigative reports for Global HR leadership and summaries for CHAI leadership.• Under the guidance of their supervisor, serve as Focal Point for issues pertaining to CHAI’s Global Code of Conduct and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse & Harassment (PSEAH).HR Operations & Compliance (30%) • Provide guidance to assigned country teams on compensation and equity, HR procedure and policy interpretation, host-country compliance, and recruiting and retention strategies.• Advise assigned countryteams on compensation decisions by analyzing internal data and providing recommendations that align with CHAI’s compensation framework.• Work with other members of CHAI HR to facilitate employment agreements and interpret labor regulations and HR-related legal issues for country offices and international staff, research and interpret overseas labor laws, perform and support HR audits, and support reviews and changes to HR-related manuals and documents.• Anticipate and proactively research legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, to help reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with Contracts department and Global Operations team as needed and provide guidance to managers as appropriate on a case by case basis,• Work with members of Global HR team to complete administrative work related to HR processes including contract renewals, payroll changes, etc. in a timely manner.Professional Development, Training & Workforce Planning (20%) • Deliver learning and development activities to promote a respectful workplace, talent development, management skills, and other capacity-building needs in line with CHAI’s approach to on-the-job learning. • Provide coaching, guidance and communication as needed to program teams on a variety of topics including, but not limited to; staff performance, professional development, giving and receiving feedback, diversity, equity and inclusion, etc.• Work alongside country teams and Talent Acquisition to provide input on team restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.• Identify training needs for assigned global program teams and individual manager needs.• Proactively identify opportunities to equip team members with resources that support professional development and internal mobility.Projects & Other HR Work (10%)• Lead or support on a variety of recurring and standalone projects in line with the Global HR strategic priorities.• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis based on the needs of the HR team and various global teams.• Provide other HR services as needed and requested.
- Carry out resource mapping, budget tracking and analysis exercises for components of the health budget in Lao PDR in close collaboration with relevant government counterparts, and facilitate validation of the results with selected stakeholders- Further work with relevant government counterparts to:- analyse, interpret and present health budget data; and- support use for decision-making, including optimizing existing resources e.g., prioritizing budgetary allocation to high impact interventions- Work with Unit for Health Evidence and Policy (UHEP) within the University of Health Sciences (UHS) to strengthen link between evidence and decision making for health, particularly re: data-informed prioritization, use of cost and cost-effectiveness analyses including e.g., and health technology assessment- Support planning, budgeting and financial gaps analyses at national, district and/or facility level, facilitate linkages to resource mobilization efforts to fill gaps and increase effectiveness of spending- Advise internal and external stakeholders on the design and implementation of health financing and sustainability measures, including achieving cost savings and efficiencies and integrating as feasible and relevant individual- interventions (e.g., immunization) within broader packages and reforms- Support interventions to strengthen the use of facility level and other monitoring data during planning and budgeting processes- Liaison and collaborate with other CHAI Laos global teams to exchange and document tools, approaches and lessons learned- Other responsibilities as needed
- Serve as a thought leader and contribute to a technically sound strategic vision for how analytics, surveillance, financial management tools, strategic planning, health information and other relevant systems can be leveraged to strengthened malaria program and campaign digitization in Francophone Africa, with a specific focus on DRC.- Provide technical support to the implementation of malaria control activities including but not limited to strengthening surveillance systems, promoting the use of data for decision making, targeting and prioritization of case management and vector control interventions, and strategic and financial planning.- In alignment with the DRC country team, communicate effectively across a matrixed organization and expertly coordinate global CHAI teams and resources to ensure DRC-specific project goals are met.- Contribute to the formulation, review, and provide feedback on technical deliverables, which may include strategic plans, guidelines and standard operating procedures, analysis plan, grant proposals, donor reporting, or implementation updates.- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation to measure progress towards malaria goals (analysis of key indicators, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of surveillance platforms, etc.).- Monitor program activities against project goals and donor commitments, identify operational bottlenecks or weaknesses, and work collaboratively with CHAI country and global teams to achieve exceptional results on aggressive timelines.- Formulate and conduct high quality technical outputs and promote the routine use of data and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of current interventions and inform strategic planning.- Rapidly digest and synthesize complex technical, political and operational information and expertly tailor results, outputs and action items to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.- Identify new opportunities within and outside the initial project scope, anticipate risks and be proactive in responding to them.- Support CHAI teams with the development of programmatic reports for government and donor reporting, as well as concept notes or other external communication products.- Other responsibilities in Francophone Africa as needed.