Click column header to sort
• Support Ministry of Health in scaling-up Medical Oxygen Access in the country as defined in the national medical oxygen strategy and scale-up plan• Provide programmatic and implementation support to and ensure complementarity of CHAI’s oxygen support to the MoH to attain overall program objectives• Ensure effective national medical oxygen stakeholders’ engagement by working with relevant MoH desks and through the National Medical Oxygen Taskforce • Ensure successful operationalisation of the national oxygen supply chain system• Support the Estates Management Directorate to develop the first national Reference Medical Oxygen Equipment and Accessories list and overall improvement in physical assets management• Support establishment of a national Assets Management Strategy and plan under the Estates Management Directorate • Exhibit and practice exceptional problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial spirit, able to operate without extensive structural or operational support• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Program Manager
• Oversee the implementation of AHD Commodity Access Program work plans including program planning, budgeting, coordination, forecasting, monitoring and reporting• Support leadership to provide overall project management and oversight to ensure that expected deliverables and targets are achieved on time and on budget• With a client-focused approach, serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments on a variety of optimal HIV related product access topics• Help MoH ensure an uninterrupted supply of an optimal AHD package of care by working closely with Supply Chain Directorate• Catalyze and support the drafting of commodity access planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure smooth implementation of a comprehensive AHD package of care• Manage relationship with stakeholders at national and sub national level including both Government and Non-Government organizations, and coordinate with them for improved program performance and leveraging government services for sustainability• Help achieve operational excellence through analytics, develop programs strategy and ensure that the program is on track to achieve its objectives• Ensure high quality and up-to-date documentation of program activities and achievements including progress reports for submission to donors, and process documentation• Promote a culture of high performance and accountability for outcomes and ensure coordination with other teams in the CHAI country office• Represent CHAI at policy and guidelines development forums at the national level, while providing technical support to sub national teams for same processes• Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with country teams, key stakeholders across government, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions- Support drafting of initial research protocols, amendments and renewals, and coordinate submissions to international and local Institutional Review Boards- Monitor adherence of study protocol by research assistants- In liaison with health facility in-charges, arrange interviews with patients and health care workers- Support with data collection from ministry of health’s electronic data custodian and from health facilities- Ensure that the study databases are functional at all times- Conduct data quality assessments, cleaning, and statistical analysis- Organize health facility review and dissemination meetings and prepare materials to present the progress of the study- Perform any other duties assigned
- Collaborate with the global CHAI Oxygen team, the MoH and relevant departments, and local partners to improve oxygen delivery as a common goal- Develop and support deployment of an emergency oxygen response strategy- Develop, conduct, and analyze the results of a rapid assessment for oxygen capacity and biomedical equipment in relation to potential COVID-19 needs and scale-up for broader respiratory diseases- Contribute to the strengthening of the oxygen M&E, procurement, supply chain and equipment maintenance processes and mechanisms- Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise- Envision and create a sustainable system for equipment maintenance- Analyze and draw conclusions from data, to develop and deliver influential presentations (verbal, power point, other)- Provide regular reports on progress and perform any other duties as assigned.
- Lead on developing technical guidance documents and materials for oxygen systems application: supporting the Oxygen team and MOH on technical design, development, production, and use of oxygen equipment and ancillary system needs.- Guide stakeholders to address the system planning, technology selection, specification requirements, procurement, distribution, maintenance, and asset management for properly utilizing oxygen systems and pneumonia and hypoxemia diagnostic equipment.- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Building and maintaining trust-based relationships with key suppliers, donors, and external partners at a senior level- Conducting thorough market assessments for oxygen supply- Leading supplier engagement and negotiations on market-shaping initiatives- Effectively managing ongoing market-shaping agreements between relevant parties- Collaborating with CHAI's technical teams to develop and implement strategies to help suppliers accelerate the development, regulatory approval, and commercialization of key products- Working to design, build, and socialize key analyses to support market-shaping efforts (e.g., demand forecasts, business cases, etc.)- Developing and building consensus around strategic frameworks and priorities to move forward market-shaping discussions- Design of tools for facility assessments, demand estimation, supply chain management, data analytics for various modalities of oxygen supply- Participate in field visits to monitor functioning of oxygen generation plants (Pressure Swing adsorption plants) and other infrastructure like LMO tanks, oxygen cylinders, concentrators etc. and provide technical support for biomedical equipment- Coordinate data collection and data analysis for oxygen related system (need assessment, analysis of oxygen capacities and gaps to inform decision making) in state public health facilities by securing necessary permissions and approvals from government authorities- Design of SOPs, training modules, guidelines, supplier landscape, tender documentsProvide invaluable inputs for development of oxygen demand assessment tools factoring in critical insights from government departments- Develop strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders including government officials, affiliated institutes, and partners working in the oxygen therapy landscape in program states
Strategic Planning and Leadership (40%)- Serves on the global leadership team, reporting to the CEO and shaping strategic decisions for the organization.- Develop and execute a positioning strategy to develop CHAI’s role as a catalytic thought leader and agent of change in global health.- Direct and update CHAI’s global communications strategy and manage Communications team to implement the strategy.- Develop and lead messaging and brand voice for the organization and ensure quality, consistency, and integrity across teams and media platforms.- Develop, coordinate, and implement communications plans in partnership with program and country teams and other partners to raise awareness about CHAI’s mission and impact.- Develop and execute cohesive internal communications strategy in partnership with other Operations groups.- Manage and mitigate risk and lead crisis communications.Content Development/Writing and Editing (30%)- Provide communications support to CHAI leadership and CEO such as strategic guidance, talking points, briefing memos, event prep, speeches, presentations, or op-eds.- Develop and prepare materials including briefing memos and talking points when needed for members of CHAI’s Board of Directors.- Organize and lead communications events including webinars, press conferences, and relevant industry conferences and symposia and prep participants.- Write, develop, and edit materials including CHAI’s annual report, key leadership documents, talking points, press releases, white papers, and policy briefs.Media Relations and Other Communications Activities (30%)- Direct and lead media outreach and public relations as primary spokesperson for organization.- Lead communications training for CHAI teams.- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Market Intelligence- Maintain an organized, up-to-date knowledge base of the market landscape for key products in the oxygen space- Maintain a pricing database from quotes received in prior procurements (among other sources) and analyze pricing trends and influences across different product categories- Support targeted efforts (through desk research, data collection, lead generation, etc.) to landscape new products / markets as needed to support overall program strategy and/or country planning / implementation. Examples include:- Consumables and equipment suppliers- Medical equipment distributors- Repair and Maintenance vendors- PSA/Liquid oxygen production site database- Document effective methods and sources for rapid market landscaping and company research- Recommend strategic priorities, objectives, and/or approaches based on an up-to-date knowledge of global and regional market landscapes for key products- Supplier Management- Maintain a central relationship management database / tool on key manufacturers and distributors in collaboration with the EM Procurement Officer where appropriate- Support senior Global Team members with supplier negotiations, communications, and general relationship management functions- Coordinate markets and technical support / inputs for country and global procurement exercises in collaboration with EM Procurement Officer and EM Engineering technical specialists- Market Shaping Interventions- Supporting with company due diligence / research, market position analyses, reference pricing development, sensitivity analysis, etc.- Country-specific vendor identification / selection and due diligence- Demand forecasting analytical support- Demand vs. supply mapping- Basic supply model mapping & development (facility selection recommendations and defining equipment requirements)- Including packages of recommendations for MoH / stakeholders- Cost modelling and options analysis for above- Support supplier engagement efforts, incl. negotiations and deal development, with analytics and background desk research- Provide input / assistance to country support managers in response to markets-related country team needs / requests
Support of Registrations & Insurance (50%)- In partnership with the Associate Director, Global Operations lead annual renewal process for CHAI corporate insurances. Manage CHAI’s corporate insurance coverages, including but not limited to the procurement of new coverages, renewal of policies under CHAI’s current commercial insurance program, maintenance and tracking of CHAI’s global and in-country insurance policies- Oversee CHAI’s domestic solicitation of funds registration and registration renewals. Direct and manage work done by third-party consultants and Global Operations Coordinator- Support CHAI’s Finance, Payroll, Contracts, Human Resources, and other Boston teams as needed with document requests (e.g., assisting with Power of Attorney updates, tracking of insurance matters)Meeting Coordination & Leadership Support (25%)Operations Leadership Team Support*- Global Operations coordinate for the Operations Leadership Team (“OLT”), including:- Schedule in-person and phone meetings- Put together and disseminate agenda- Take notes and track action items coming out of meeting- Prepare communication for OLT to share with their staff on key outcomes of meetings- Work with members to put together briefing information for OLT and SLT meetings- Support the development of Operations StrategyProgram Leadership Team Support*- Global Operations coordinate for the Program Leadership Team (“PLT”), including:- Schedule in-person and phone meetings- Put together and disseminate agenda- Take notes and track action items coming out of meeting- Prepare communication for PLT to share with their staff on key outcomes of meetings- Manage Global Ops Coordinator’s coordination of OLT/PLT meeting logisticsMeeting Coordination Strategy- Develop tools to support the costing and planning of CHAI meetings, in order to guide meeting coordinators around meeting planning and logistics- Oversee the Global Operations Coordinator’s onboarding of newly hired coordinators around Meeting Coordination Resources- Address challenges faced regarding meeting coordinationOperations Working Group (10%)- Lead recurring meetings of mid-level operations staff to discuss new initiatives, challenges, and projects that cross-cut operations teams- Provide updates on programmatic and operational initiatives- Create tools to increase operational efficiency and workshop them in the Operations Working Group (OWG); working to push through cross-operational projects- Work cross-functionally to ensure that information is being properly disseminated and teams have everything needed to push forward operational tasks and initiatives- Represent the OWG in quarterly presentations to the Operations Leadership Team (OLT)Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Manager (10%) Operations Dashboard (5%)- Lead design and strategy of the Operations Dashboard which serves as quarterly distribution to CHAI leadership with updates, new initiatives, and information on CHAI- Works with other operations team to pull in applicable workstreams and updates- Oversee Global Operations Coordinator in the maintenance and updates of operations dashboard
• Provide quality customer service to all employees when responding to all salary inquiries• Provide clear and timely communication to staff on any payroll related changes or updates• Resolve all staff questions and issues in a timely manner• Process bi-weekly and monthly ADP and international (Immedis) payroll cycles • Prepare associated international wire file for ADP payrolls• Coordinate with HR to enter all payroll data necessary to process and meet clients’ payroll schedules (new hires, personnel changes, terminations, address changes, salary changes, tax changes, 401k deductions, etc.)• Maintain current knowledge of the ADP payroll processing system• Assist in the review of payroll records to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws, payroll tax, etc.• Process bi-weekly and monthly 401K upload to Fidelity• Ensure that state registrations are current• Respond to all correspondence from state revenue and unemployment agencies• Assist in the review of quarterly SUI & 941 reports for accuracy• Assist in the review and issuance of year-end W-2’s• Run scheduled standard and ad hoc payroll reports• Correspond with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of clients; keep up to date with any changes in payroll laws• Manage BOX accounts and maintain payroll reports for country teams, global teams and operational support staff• Assist in processing international payrolls including monthly reconciliations, responding to questions from Country Directors• Distributing monthly international payroll registers and all tax reports• Ability to create excel postback file of bank statement expenses to be loaded to General Ledger monthly• Liaison with the accounting team in reconciling outstanding bank balances• Respond to all payroll emails timely and with urgency• Other responsibilities as needed