Click column header to sort
- To assist in assessment of cold chain capacity, and identifying potential cold chain solutions to ensure sufficient storage capacity for all vaccine types; support in development cold chain roadmap planning and improve cold chain equipment standardization- Support EPI with systems strengthening to identify temperature excursions, prevent vaccine freezing during transport, including piloting interventions, developing relevant guidelines, trainings, and SOPs, evaluating implementation and adherence, and coordinating with relevant government stakeholders.- Work with EPI to design and implement interventions for cold chain data visibility and review of cold chain status including improving visibility of temperature monitoring system, cold chain performance data and institutionalizing regular reporting and review of key cold chain performance indicators.- Support EPI to identify, develop, costed cold chain plan and operationalize cold chain equipment maintenance strategies/models to ensure vaccines are stored in functional refrigerators at all sites. This will include working to ensure the availability of necessary inputs (including qualified technicians, spare parts sufficiency, financial, and capital resources) through the development of process improvements and improved input management systems.- Contribute to the development of innovative approaches as well as the documentation and dissemination of best practices on vaccine cold chain improvement.- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure coordination of resources and efforts;- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact and document lessons learned.- Work closely and collaboratively with other CHAI vaccine team members to identify linkages and suggest approaches through systems strengthening work to support other immunization program deliverables- Prepare high quality reports, templates, SOPs, TORs, analyses, PowerPoint presentations as related to the above responsibilities - Other duties that arise as deemed appropriate by the Program Manager, Program Director and Country Director.
- Support design of monitoring and evaluation systems and/or assessment tools, and transpose program learnings into actionable scale-up plans - Conduct literature/desk reviews and synthesis of key data from early adopter research- Assist country teams in the development of assessment tools, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data - Design electronic data collection systems and support CHAI country teams in collecting and managing data- Carry out research, analyses, and quantitative models and translate their results into actionable and policy-relevant recommendations- Build the capacity of country teams to analyze and use data generated from the program activities, including data management best practices through training and mentoring- Serve as a key technical advisor to CHAI country teams on the evaluation and operational research studies of new diagnostic products;- Develop and/or maintain data dashboards for program monitoring- Support evaluation, documentation and dissemination of results and lessons learned from CHAI's work- Other responsibilities as needed
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing. - Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows- Other responsibilities as needed
- Lead, under the guidance of the senior leadership, the process of strategy formulation and executing program deliverables timely and effectively.- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the state and national level HCV stakeholders.- Align program strategy and deliverable to state and national level government priorities for HCV.- Establish evidence-based strategies and analytical approaches for supporting national and state level HCV programs in improving access and program performance.- Work closely with the existing and upcoming public HCV programs to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, active case finding, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.- Engage with local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or technical collaborations.- Work with global and in-country leadership to identify and pursue fund-raising opportunities.- Responsible for determining annual budget and allocation for programmatic activities, and monitoring budget utilization.- Support CHAI leadership in managing donor & grant, operations, and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate time frames.- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagements proactively by working with cross-cultural teams.- Recruit, lead, and mentor a high calibre cross-functional team by establishing program/individual goals and creating professional growth opportunities for team members.- Travel on short notice to focus states.- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Work with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP)and other partners to optimize malaria testing and treatment coverage in priority areas, including enhancing the quality of the existing community case management program.- Provide robust analytical and data management support to the NMCP in the roll-out and sustenance of the DHIS2 reporting system and dashboards for malaria elimination, vector control, and entomology.- Work with NMCP to create reporting and M&E protocols for DHIS2 modules on malaria elimination case-based surveillance system, vector control, and entomology to ensure the system updates align with routine workflow and operations.- Build the capacity of subnational level staff to collect, analyze and use epidemiological and vector control data for informed decision-making.- Support the CHAI program coordinators to identify and resolve surveillance-related bottlenecks at district and provincial levels in both high burdened and malaria elimination provinces.- Create sustainable linkages with the private sector to ensure malaria testing, treatment, and reporting protocols are widely disseminated and utilized at all points of care.- Support presentation and discussion of new evidence, policies, and strategies on malaria.- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
- Perform administrative duties as needed for CHAI including answering phones, running errands, maintaining office supplies, scanning, copying and filing documents, writing invitation letters, etc.- Support processing for work permit, visa letter, and related documents for international staff- Collect vendor quotations for low-value procurements- Book and arrange hotel, transport, flights, meeting room, etc.- Conduct anti-terrorist and watchlist screenings of all vendors- Create, and submit financial requests and reconciliations for Operations Team Expenses- Assist translation in Lao and English- Serve as an assistant to the program staff- Other relevant and related tasks and duties as assigned
General Legal Advisory- Provide legal counsel to CHAI’s leadership teams on legal matters related to all aspects of CHAI’s operations.- Participate and contribute to the overall management of CHAI. The CHAI Senior Leadership Team will expect timely reliable information and insights into major legal issues facing CHAI, as well as the practicality of alternative strategies or decisions.- Partner with CHAI’s contracts department and its key work in the development and review of the organization’s agreements.- Oversee protection of CHAI’s intellectual property rights.- In partnership with CHAI country leadership and operations functions, and CHAI’s external general counsel, select and partner with outside counsel in local jurisdictions.- In conjunction with local counsel, oversee dispute resolution.- Develop operational efficiencies in advising on legal and tax ramifications CHAI business.- Advise Finance and HR teams on organizational tax questions, working with external experts to address key areas of concern.- Provide or arrange legal advice on a broad range of human resources matters for national and international staff, including employment contracts, hiring, separation, benefits, leaves, anti-discrimination, immigration, conflict of interest, and general labor and employment regulations.- Support program teams’ proposal and grant writing efforts to ensure grant development meets organizational best practices, quality standards and compliance.Corporate Structure and Governance- Advise CHAI leadership in the set up and structure of in-country presence in CHAI’s program and non-program countries.- Provide continued guidance and compliance support to CHAI’s country leadership and global operations teams in the ongoing maintenance of CHAI’s entity structures.- Provide support to CHAI’s Board of Directors and SecretaryRisk Management and Compliance- In partnership with CHAI’s leadership teams, review, prioritize, advise, and provide guidance on risk management and compliance projects and strategies.- Advise on organization’s insurance coverages and programs, addressing corporate and local needs and maintaining relationships with insurance providers.- Support the development and management of risk mitigation plans- Be part of the Enterprise Risk Management committee and actively supporting the team- Serve as counsel to CHAI’s Safeguarding Committee, which manages complaints and investigations of allegations of misconduct.- Support and promote CHAI's values including CHAI’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Policies and Communication- Partner with senior leadership and communications teams on key messaging and communications with donors, external stakeholders, and government partners, as needed.- Under the direction of CHAI leadership, support compliance training initiatives.and promote employee adherence to CHAI’s business ethics and values.- In partnership with relevant business owners, support and review the drafting and implementation of organizational policies and procedures in finance, HR, global operations, communications, development, and information technology.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from the national patient database and share reports with relevant stakeholders at central, state and district team- Create and update reports/dashboards for various districts to analyze their performance- Input, update, compile and verify program related data from source documents in to custom designed template/MIS within required time frame- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output using various validation techniques- Support relevant stakeholders in notifying entries in to the national patient database- Work with State PPM Lead, Operations Manager at State level and City Officers at district level- Other responsibilities as needed
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: 1) Provide strategic and programmatic support for the design and implementation of key in-country work on COVID-19 and other new vaccine introductions. The successful candidate will provide both strategic and technical support to the select CHAI focal countries on COVID-19 and other new vaccine introductions. These activities will include collaboration with CHAI country program staff to support select CHAI focal countries on:- Decision-making and delivery model optimization to improve logistics and coverage of COVID-19 vaccines amidst rapidly changing circumstances (e.g. supply volumes, timelines, and product presentations). In particular, there will need to be emphasis on supporting CHAI country teams to adapt global tools and guidance to the country specific context. Including:- Facilitation of a review of various product and introduction scenarios to support countries to determine feasibility and risks to introduction readiness; and support countries to identify key challenges for mitigation or potential scenarios where a selected vaccination strategies will ultimately not be feasible on a reasonable timeline- Support focal countries to understand key challenges and intervention needs for service delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine, including but not limited to selecting and reaching target cohorts, novel supply chain challenges, and rapid regulatory needs of vaccinations- Identification of an appropriate mixed delivery model for different segments of the population, and development of recommendations for changing global guidance and vaccine efficacy/safety data for various populations- Rollout planning and preparation to support the implementation of the national introduction preparations, including working with country program staff to anticipate potential challenges to accelerated uptake of COVID-19 vaccine rollout and collaborating across the team to help identify mitigation action to get delayed activities back on track. Critically, during the introduction rollout, the successful candidate will provide technical assistance to country partners and help to adapt global guidelines to the country specific context.- Post-launch support to diagnose bottlenecks and designing bottleneck mitigation strategies at various stages through the introductions, identify concrete opportunities and best practices for boosting COVID-19 vaccination coverage. Depending on the development of the COVID-19 vaccination landscape, successful candidate may also collaborate with select CHAI focal country teams to develop recommendations and strategies on subsequent phases of COVID-19 vaccination, including decision making on issues of product selection, preventative vs reactive vaccination strategies, and integration with routine immunization and primary health care programs.- Continuous development and effective dissemination and use of programmatic lessons learned, and other know-how related to new vaccine introduction across CHAI's vaccines program focus countries and global partners. - Support collection, documentation, and sharing of key lessons learnt in collaboration with CHAI focal countries. These lessons will be shared across CHAI country programs to help accelerate COVID-19 countries and help with cross country sharing and collaboration. - Support global efforts towards developing guidelines towards successful COVID-19 vaccination decision-making, introduction strategy and planning, and post-launch coverage acceleration. This will likely include development of “model” programs that could be scaled, replicated, or leveraged to develop future vaccination strategies. Leveraging lessons learnt from in country work the successful candidate will coordinate with the workstream manager to share these lessons and influence key global guidelines- Technical support (tools, information and lessons learned developed across CHAI’s work) provided to country governments and partners and through global mechanisms that support COVID-19 vaccine interventions and/or service deliveryWhile the focus of this role is expected to be on COVID-19 vaccination, the successful candidate will also be requested to carry out support to other critical new vaccination work within CHAI’s portfolio or scoping, such as infant and HPV vaccination programs as needed. 2) Support the development of CHAI's vaccines program, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Support development of program-wide and country-specific objectives and strategies regarding new vaccine introduction, particularly as related to the long-term arc of COVID-19 vaccination- Support scoping and development of new grants- Develop program thought leadership in new vaccine introduction and complex vaccine service delivery to new target cohorts to deliver against current and future goals3) Support program and grant management, in collaboration with program and country leadership- Assess progress against overall objectives & milestones in areas of focus and help prepare high-quality briefings for donors and CHAI management, including achievements to date, action plan going forward, and key risks & opportunities- Assess effectiveness of CHAI's theory of change and approach related to immunization service delivery in focus countries and recommend improvements- Contribute as a member of the global vaccine team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI’s vaccines program and team
Procurement- Prepare Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans for the grant. - Ensure that the grant budget is updated and is in-sync with the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Track changes to the procurement as per the project need and keep in the donor and the program leadership informed of the changes- Assist the country teams with order processing and ensuring compliance to the Annual & Half-yearly procurement plans- Coordinate with the in-country team leaders and partner suppliers to ensure programmatic commodities are manufactured, shipped, and delivered in the country as per the evolving grant operational plans.- Draft RFPs for new products and commodities required by the program- Collaborate with the partner suppliers and assist them with production planning, forward looking capacity expansion and liaising with external buyers i.e., country government, implementing partners and donor organizations- Assist country teams with new product registrations, local distributor identification and negotiations- Collaborate with the country teams and the CHAI quality assurance team to ensure product breakdowns/failures are appropriately logged and reported to the suppliers. S/he will also ensure that replacement devices are shipped timely to the country teams to keep service downtime to the bare minimum.- Prepare/review shipment package (Airway Bill, packing list and commercial Invoices) and coordinate the shipment schedule (release to the logistic provider)- Coordinate with logistic providers on the shipments and assist in issue related to shipments and transit risks.- Prepare Purchase orders (PO’s) and related payment request forms following the organization’s procurement policy and guidelines.- Collaborate with procurement agencies (UNICEF) on procurement orders, planning, recording, and reportingOperations & Finance Management- Work with each of the countries to ensure timely receipt of budgets- Run validation checks on budgets received from each country, liaise with countries to populate any missing data points- Support monthly with the GL review (all countries and global teams) with a view on:- Appropriateness of expenses charged- Staff costs to ensure they are in line with budget allocation for the country- Highlight if any expense reclasses are needed and work with accounting to get those done- Support on a quarterly basis:- GL review as per #1 above- Work with countries to carry out tagging of expenses in line with the donor cost categories- Review allocation to expenses to different outputs of the program as budgeted/ agreed- Work with countries to update the Asset register- Review quarterly financial reports of key sub-contractors- Reconciling procurement related expenses with the procurement plan and corresponding entry into the books- Support on a bi-annual basis:- GL review as per #2 above- Consolidate all countries’ GLs into the donor format